Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Great for Mary-Kate. I'm always so pleased when someone who didn't make the cut finds something else they love to pursue with equal passion and energy. (Preferably something more substantial than the world of instagram modeling/product shilling.) The DCC team is a great thing, but it isn't everything. I have a lot of respect for those who can let it go gracefully, no matter how long they'd worked for it. Not making it means nothing in the long run. Speaking of which...I wonder what Cristi Fisher is doing these days.

As for Hannah, I respect hard work and follow through, but I'm a realist. She's not ready for DCC, and I suspect she knows it. She's got a lot of growing to do, but she seems like a sweet girl and I would like to see her make it past the first round. 

I wonder about Brooke Carnley. She's very pretty and seems like she can dance. I wonder what's been holding her back. Has she just been having bad auditions?

In August Mary Kate's said on her IG she was moving to CA.  Cristi Fisher is still in Dallas according to her social media and LinkedIn. Said on her IG she pulled a hamstring 8 months ago.

I wonder if Brooke will audition for the DCC or MDC again. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Is she the one who was heavily favored to make TC back in 2017, made it to finals, but then blanked on the finals routine?

Huh---that worked for Cassie, poor Cami didn't get the same olive branch. 

There was a girl who audituoned last year and im completely blanking on her name...but she was gorgeous ans had the most radiant smile. I think she was cut because of her weight? She had an awesome curvy body though. Probs just needs to lose a bit and tone up. Im thinking her name was Paige..not sure though.. Anyway, hope she comes back! 

Also - i don't mind Maddie but i hope she retires purely because i think she will get point if she doesn't. And that will be the most boring point ever! 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

There was a girl who audituoned last year and im completely blanking on her name...but she was gorgeous ans had the most radiant smile. I think she was cut because of her weight? She had an awesome curvy body though. Probs just needs to lose a bit and tone up. Im thinking her name was Paige..not sure though.. Anyway, hope she comes back! 

Also - i don't mind Maddie but i hope she retires purely because i think she will get point if she doesn't. And that will be the most boring point ever! 

Yes I think her name was Paige and she was from Pittsburgh. Kelli said 11 judges said no. Probably because of her weight. They mentioned that she was a little bottom heavy 

• Love 2

I'm so ready for this! 2 things:

1. Which vets do you think will be on the chopping block at finals? I was looking at last years squad, I can see a few blenders, but not many I think should go.

2. I really hope Cassidy Hale (ex DCRB) reauditions. I don't think she was mentioned too much on here, but I liked her dancing last year. She's deleted her Instagram (or made it private, either way I can't find it) so can't see anything for this year.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

1. Which vets do you think will be on the chopping block at finals? I was looking at last years squad, I can see a few blenders, but not many I think should go.

2. I really hope Cassidy Hale (ex DCRB) reauditions. I don't think she was mentioned too much on here, but I liked her dancing last year. She's deleted her Instagram (or made it private, either way I can't find it) so can't see anything for this year.

If Gabby keeps struggling with weight she might be on the chopping block. Hope not! She's cute and bubbly looking. The only other one that I'm not quite sure how made the team is Taylor. She's a little bland to me. IMO they should have cut her and kept Lily in TC. 

Cassidy is great! She's auditioned a few times I think. Pre DCRB and last year. 

2 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

I think gabby might be on the chopping block due to weight !! 

9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Brianna was a Spurs Silver Dancer and is currently a Dallas Stars Ice Girl.

Oops!  I KNEW I recognized the green/white/black uniform but typed the wrong team.  Despite that, I hope Briana comes back this year and MAKES it.  She would be an amazing addition to the squad.

3 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

I would LIKE Christina to be on the chopping block (and get cut) this year if she decides to re-audition because she just gets out-danced EVERY. SINGLE. AUDITION. season yet made it the past two years (plus her solos weren't that great due to her dancing).  She's the only one I want GONE (the other being Victoria who I would like to see NEVER darken DCC auditions again).  

• Love 7

If Gabby has been on weight warning all year then I could see her be on the block. I'd also like to see Christina disappear....willingly or not, I'm indifferent. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JayDKay said:

If Gabby keeps struggling with weight she might be on the chopping block. Hope not! She's cute and bubbly looking. The only other one that I'm not quite sure how made the team is Taylor. She's a little bland to me. IMO they should have cut her and kept Lily in TC. 

I always feel bad for the vets that get cut - well most of the time.  I hope they work with Gabby and keep her - she is gorgeous. I have to admit Taylor often looks out of place. Not sure what they might do about that.

• Love 6
On 1/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, sleepyjean said:

I forgot one other thing, three women who could potentially be DCC legacies this year:

Cami Branson - former "cheerlebrity" and daughter of DCC Candy Branson

Christina Ligi - younger sister of DCC Gina Ligi

Eden Greenhouse - younger sister of Mia Greenhouse

All are currently seniors in college, and have also been on their respective college cheer/dance teams. I'll be on the lookout to see if any decide to audition for DCC this year.

If you look at Christina's Instagram and scroll back a few posts to December 18, there is a girl I can see making the team in 2020. Her name is Camryn and she is ridiculously beautiful and also a fantastic dancer. Her sister was a Charger girl. She and my daughter danced together since middle school and were on their high school team together.

7 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Taylor was who I was thinking about as my ultimate bland person. The other person I always forget about from last year's rookies is amber. They might just be me getting lost in a sea of brunettes though.

Edit: just read the other thread and amber is on show group. How did I not notice her?! I'm blaming my face blindness for this one.

Edited by Nelliephant
On 1/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, sleepyjean said:

I forgot one other thing, three women who could potentially be DCC legacies this year:

Cami Branson - former "cheerlebrity" and daughter of DCC Candy Branson

Christina Ligi - younger sister of DCC Gina Ligi

Eden Greenhouse - younger sister of Mia Greenhouse

All are currently seniors in college, and have also been on their respective college cheer/dance teams. I'll be on the lookout to see if any decide to audition for DCC this year.

Would a sister of a current/former DC C  be considered a legacy? I thought a legacy is a daughter of a former DCC.  

IMHO Christina doesn't have the DC C look.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:
18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Is she the one who was heavily favored to make TC back in 2017, made it to finals, but then blanked on the finals routine?

Huh---that worked for Cassie, poor Cami didn't get the same olive branch. 

Cami forgetting the routine was something I remembered, but I honestly don't know anything else about her (like what her solo looked like) that may have contributed to her cut.

just read the other thread and amber is on show group. How did I not notice her?!

From what I recall I don't think Amber was featured much on MTT, so that's probably why you didn't notice her :)

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Cami forgetting the routine was something I remembered, but I honestly don't know anything else about her (like what her solo looked like) that may have contributed to her cut.

From what I recall I don't think Amber was featured much on MTT, so that's probably why you didn't notice her :)

Cami didn’t make it to finals. She was cut after semis and forgot the semi final routine

• Love 2
On 1/13/2019 at 8:02 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Why would a "speculation" thread be a spoiler thread?

I think DCC is done with Tara.

I don't know at this point what I think About the possibility of Malena re auditioning.  I'm thinking they did't appreciate her final reaction to being cut at the last and may be done with her also.

Probably because some viewers get kerfluffled if they hear/see anything outside of the episodes themselves. There are some shows I don’t want spoilers for and some, like this one, I LIVE for spoilers and behind the scenes stuff. Probably was just a warning to the ones who want to keep their viewing pure. 😁

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Would a sister of a current/former DC C  be considered a legacy? I thought a legacy is a daughter of a former DCC.  

IMHO Christina doesn't have the DC C look.

I’m not sure what DCC policy is regarding legacies, but I know in sorority world, sisters are considered legacies.

• Love 5

I hope Malena does not tryout or if she does, they should cut her in the beginning.  Her response to being cut along with all the other ugly cry and hysteria during training camp was not professional.  She's a pretty, well spoken girl who cannot remember choreography and  does not have strong enough fortitude to handle criticism or pressure.  Please do not put us through her again.  Everything about being a DCC is pressure and Malena has proven she cannot handle it.

I hope Lily comes back.  Not a popular opinion but I believe Victoria is very pretty and if she can keep her weight down would be a fine DCC.  She does have power but needed to grow up.  Too bad her cut showed her at her most mature moment.  

Time for Jessika to go.  Blender!!  Khalyn is gorgeous and a great dancer but seems to miss a lot of games and appearances.  At some point, Kelli has to be over that.  I like Amy.  Not the sexiest DCC but cut and fun.  Amy came across great as a great group leader when she said she was rooting for Malena but did not see it happening.  So great when a group leader separates the personal feelings from the work feelings.  

Tasha has grown on me but she is a mom and has danced for years.  It just may be time to turn in the boots.

Christina needs to quit while ahead.  

As for Gina's sister Christina, I also thought she was not quite as pretty as most DCC.  Maybe her sister can glam her up.  Reminds me of Melissa's comments, hair products and make up is all the girl needs.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I hope Malena does not tryout or if she does, they should cut her in the beginning.  Her response to being cut along with all the other ugly cry and hysteria during training camp was not professional.  She's a pretty, well spoken girl who cannot remember choreography and  does not have strong enough fortitude to handle criticism or pressure.  Please do not put us through her again.  Everything about being a DCC is pressure and Malena has proven she cannot handle it.

I hope Lily comes back.  Not a popular opinion but I believe Victoria is very pretty and if she can keep her weight down would be a fine DCC.  She does have power but needed to grow up.  Too bad her cut showed her at her most mature moment.  

Time for Jessika to go.  Blender!!  Khalyn is gorgeous and a great dancer but seems to miss a lot of games and appearances.  At some point, Kelli has to be over that.  I like Amy.  Not the sexiest DCC but cut and fun.  Amy came across great as a great group leader when she said she was rooting for Malena but did not see it happening.  So great when a group leader separates the personal feelings from the work feelings.  

Tasha has grown on me but she is a mom and has danced for years.  It just may be time to turn in the boots.

Christina needs to quit while ahead.  

As for Gina's sister Christina, I also thought she was not quite as pretty as most DCC.  Maybe her sister can glam her up.  Reminds me of Melissa's comments, hair products and make up is all the girl needs.

Co-sign it all, but the Malena paragraph should be labeled "Dear CMT:".  I am with you.  Nothing will stop me from watching the show, but the Malena stuff was just hard to listen to.  She said the same thing in EVERY.  SINGLE.  TALKING.  HEAD.  And, the melt downs, oh the melt downs.  It's occasionally interesting viewing the first time someone falls apart.  But after the first one, it was just made me as a viewer feel awkward and uncomfortable.  That just isn't good TV!!!!!

• Love 6

Tara is better off not trying out again. Being a DCC is not the be all, end all of the universe *cough Kelli and Charlotte* She would be much better off in my opinion, because there is a world out there where she can enjoy, learn and explore with the stress of trying to be the perfect DCC (not having to kiss certain peoples' behinds 24/7/365.) 

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 1:58 AM, go4luca said:

Michelle has moved to Hawaii with her husband.

Does anyone know why they moved to Hawaii? I assume it's for her husband's job, but does anyone know what he does? Also, is this a permanent move or is it just short time? Just curious...

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hope Tara has moved on, and is doing well.

I think Malena's meltdown at her cut was realizing that she was never going to make the team, and quit her job for nothing.  I hope she's moved on to something better also, and never looks back. 

I don't think Malena is very self aware. I think she's taking prep classes.

I miss Tara. She was robbed. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

I don't think Malena is very self aware. I think she's taking prep classes.

I miss Tara. She was robbed. 

Does anyone think Malena was trying to get screen time by her actions because she came across as mentally unstable? Or maybe that’s just her real self? 

I hope she doesn’t return. I felt she was used by Kelli and the show but they didn’t expect the complete breakdown she had when cut.

Maybe she’s just very used to always getting what she wants?

I don’t think she can ever make the team with her memory issues, possibly a psychologist or cognitive therapist could help her. 

I don’t understand why she would want to come back but a lack of self awareness could easily be the reason. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Does anyone think Malena was trying to get screen time by her actions because she came across as mentally unstable? Or maybe that’s just her real self? 

I hope she doesn’t return. I felt she was used by Kelli and the show but they didn’t expect the complete breakdown she had when cut.

Maybe she’s just very used to always getting what she wants?

I don’t think she can ever make the team with her memory issues, possibly a psychologist or cognitive therapist could help her. 

I don’t understand why she would want to come back but a lack of self awareness could easily be the reason. 

We are talking about someone who did appearances only for the Jets cause of her memory issues, who then moved to Texas to try out for the DCC, thinking that she had a shot.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

We are talking about someone who did appearances only for the Jets cause of her memory issues, who then moved to Texas to try out for the DCC, thinking that she had a shot.

You hit the nail on the head

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 9

I have a question, that's kinda bugged me. Why is it that no matter what DCC picture is on insta, VK liked, is the first name every single dang time. I mean, does she like and unlike every photo tons of time to keep her name visible? Or perhaps Mama does it for her? Maybe I don't understand how Insta works. But anyone else notice that? Or bug them? Or are we already seeing foundational nepotism building up to tryouts? And did they announce season 14? I am so behind. Thanks in advance.

• Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, rose711 said:

Add me to the people that hope Malena has moved on. Her nervous breakdown at her cut should be enough for them to keep her away from the team. I also felt she was used, but I don’t think their intention was to trigger a complete collapse.

She was way too intense.

While part of me totally agrees, I have little bit of a different perspective.  From what I saw, she seemed to have so much anxiety that kept her from even having a chance. I think if she’s able to really get a handle on her anxiety she could do great.  1 year is a long time for personal growth. I’m rooting for her. I think if she has a great interview, shows them renewed confidence, and explains how she grew from her experience last year, they will be rooting for her also. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

I have a question, that's kinda bugged me. Why is it that no matter what DCC picture is on insta, VK liked, is the first name every single dang time. I mean, does she like and unlike every photo tons of time to keep her name visible? Or perhaps Mama does it for her? Maybe I don't understand how Insta works. But anyone else notice that? Or bug them? Or are we already seeing foundational nepotism building up to tryouts? And did they announce season 14? I am so behind. Thanks in advance.

Nothing has been announced for season 14.  Regarding VK, I noticed that she started commenting more on past and present DCC accounts.  The only time I really notice the "liked by" is when I am on the app on my phone, but now I will have to look at that:)

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

If this season turns into another round of VK nonsense, I, for one, will not be watching. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

To be fair, she very nearly made the team. Now whether that says more about her or Kelli is debatable lol.  

• Love 4

I think Malena’s breakdown a human and genuine. Just the reaction of someone who worked hard for months(a year if you include NY Jets) to make a team only to be cut minutes before the final team was announced and was devastated. If she chooses to audition great if not that’s fine too.  If she does come back I truly hope that, if she has the skill and memory, she makes the team. Regardless we probably won’t see too much of her anyway, they will probably treat her like Erin last season. 

Edited by Monique
grammer
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

Season 14 has yet to be announced. 

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

Season 14 has yet to be announced. 

I took a little DCC break and came back to ask if Season 14 is reality yet.

I have a nagging feeling the DCC Triumvirate of Kelli, Judy and Charlotte may have pulled the plug after the drama of the last few years, esp the lawsuit. I hope not because it’s the only reality show I’ve ever watched for this long. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

If you follow VK on instagram and she's liked a photo her name will be the first one. It's the same as if you follow one of your friends and they liked a celebrity's instagram, their name is the one that shows up first. It's not a thing that VK did, it's just insta.

• Love 5

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli/Judy/Charlotte might keep it one to two more years or whenever the contract with CMT is up.  They might not like the drama, but they like the attention.  The girls, on the other hand? Not so much.  We've heard that the girls hate having the cameras there and that filming is the main reason they're there until 2 or 3 in the morning some nights.  Otherwise, they would have been gone much earlier.  I wouldn't be surprised if practices without the cameras are only a couple hours long (thus the punctuality issue) so they would need to start on time to get everything in they need to. WITH the cameras, it's 6 or 7 hours (or more).

However, I think we'll start seeing the audition numbers start climbing back up from the 200-and-under range we're currently seeing to back in the 800-to-1000+ range again as soon as the show is over.  I don't know of anyone who likes to be humiliated intentionally and those "bad dancing" montages in the earlier seasons were humiliating.  We get so few of the dancers with no chance any more that I don't remember when those montages stopped.  Plus, people don't want to have the moment they're eliminated caught on camera for the nation/world to see.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
On 1/13/2019 at 12:39 PM, go4luca said:

Re:  Malena - not sure what to think yet.  She is beautiful and well spoken.  Can she handle it a second time around?  Not just the choreography, but her emotions?

She is pretty, but well spoken? I didn't think she was as good as everyone else thought. There were times after she did a talking head where I was like "what???". Maybe it is just me, but.....I was not all that impressed with her. 

• Love 8
On 1/13/2019 at 3:06 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm not sure I'm watching this season, after last year.    I may watch the first episode, but I'm not even sure of that.       Even if a certain person comes back healthy thin, nicer, and dancing much better, I'm still ticked about the lack of criticism compared to other TCC.      The extra chances she was given, in my opinion, and the disrespect should have ended her chances, but I'm sure she'll be in the front row for everything again this year.   

I feel the exact same way! It is kinda sad, as I have looked forward to this show every year since the beginning, but this year I have mixed feelings about watching. :(

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, jlc said:

She is pretty, but well spoken? I didn't think she was as good as everyone else thought. There were times after she did a talking head where I was like "what???". Maybe it is just me, but.....I was not all that impressed with her. 

Sorry, I meant well spoken during the interview training.  During the talking heads, she was repetitive.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Tootie said:

Does anyone know why they moved to Hawaii? I assume it's for her husband's job, but does anyone know what he does? Also, is this a permanent move or is it just short time? Just curious...

I believe her husband is in the military.