Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think this was the problem in early seasons (and last year). Everyone has always said that Lu is such fun away from the camera, and a completely different person. 

Here is what I don't get-when was she ever a wet blanket?  Just because Bethenny doesn't agree with her regarding etiquette doesn't make Luann a drip.  Ramona is feral and her aping Bethenny with the "Countess" accusations, doesn't make them any realer.  Telling someone they left and return in time for dinner, isn't reserved for the elite-it is just basic manners.   As is using basic introduction etiquette or identifying themselves as Mrs. de Lesseps to the local pizza parlor.  Just because Bethenny chose to air her disaster of a marriage and fights with her husband doesn't mean those that don't are dishonest or being a countess.  I don't think Dorinda is all that classy for her numerous spats with John on camera-I could do without them.  We didn't see Ramona's arguments with Mario, (although I wish we had) and no one has ever accused Ramona of being  countess like in her behavior.

I don't get the completely different these women claim.  I assume it is that she likes bawdy jokes or drops "f bombs", since they don't give clear examples it is hard to tell.  I would not mind a few less censoring  beeps just because I think there are enough words in the English language the three words that are censored could be substituted.  When Heather and Mario sang a club on camera, so did Luann, except we didn't see her because her song was not free from paying royalties.   Last year when Bethenny asked who had had great sex, Luann stepped up to the plate.  She skinny dips she goes topless on the beach, where allowed.  I am not sure who everyone is, but my guess is they are not weighing their own behavior off camera and on camera with the same scrutiny that applies to Luann.

I wasn't a big Luann fan Season 3 when she kept carry Jill's water in her disastrous argument with Bethenny, but at the same time she was being a loyal friend.  If you see your friend getting buried alive not a bad idea to have her high tail it out of there.  I definitely think Luann backed the wrong horse in the battle, but nor because she was being "countess like" just because Jill was an ass. 

I always think it odd and contrary to social order to say to someone, I don't like your personality.  It would be one thing to say, "sometimes I find you condescending," and give a specific example and once given don't use it for the next eight years to bludgeon someone with.  There are times it is necessary, Carole has called out Ramona at time or two for her rudeness and lack of manners, and Ramona does not change, so it is like a continuing objection.  Ramona's rudeness is contrary to social order. 

• Love 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is what I don't get-when was she ever a wet blanket?  Just because Bethenny doesn't agree with her regarding etiquette doesn't make Luann a drip.  Ramona is feral and her aping Bethenny with the "Countess" accusations, doesn't make them any realer.  Telling someone they left and return in time for dinner, isn't reserved for the elite-it is just basic manners.   As is using basic introduction etiquette or identifying themselves as Mrs. de Lesseps to the local pizza parlor.  Just because Bethenny chose to air her disaster of a marriage and fights with her husband doesn't mean those that don't are dishonest or being a countess.  I don't think Dorinda is all that classy for her numerous spats with John on camera-I could do without them.  We didn't see Ramona's arguments with Mario, (although I wish we had) and no one has ever accused Ramona of being  countess like in her behavior.

I don't get the completely different these women claim.  I assume it is that she likes bawdy jokes or drops "f bombs", since they don't give clear examples it is hard to tell.  I would not mind a few less censoring  beeps just because I think there are enough words in the English language the three words that are censored could be substituted.  When Heather and Mario sang a club on camera, so did Luann, except we didn't see her because her song was not free from paying royalties.   Last year when Bethenny asked who had had great sex, Luann stepped up to the plate.  She skinny dips she goes topless on the beach, where allowed.  I am not sure who everyone is, but my guess is they are not weighing their own behavior off camera and on camera with the same scrutiny that applies to Luann.

I wasn't a big Luann fan Season 3 when she kept carry Jill's water in her disastrous argument with Bethenny, but at the same time she was being a loyal friend.  If you see your friend getting buried alive not a bad idea to have her high tail it out of there.  I definitely think Luann backed the wrong horse in the battle, but nor because she was being "countess like" just because Jill was an ass. 

I always think it odd and contrary to social order to say to someone, I don't like your personality.  It would be one thing to say, "sometimes I find you condescending," and give a specific example and once given don't use it for the next eight years to bludgeon someone with.  There are times it is necessary, Carole has called out Ramona at time or two for her rudeness and lack of manners, and Ramona does not change, so it is like a continuing objection.  Ramona's rudeness is contrary to social order. 

I think Bethenny attacks another HW to keep the spotlight off of herself. She doesn't want us to look into her life so she throws dirt around about someone else and so far this season she has done it to Sonja, Dorinda/John, Jules and now Luann. Ramona and Carole need to watch their backs, soon Bethenny will have to throw dirt all over them as she is running out of cast members to mow down. LOL

ETA, I wish Luann, Sonja, Dorinda and Jules would wise up and start shutting Bethenny out of their events and film without her, they can bring enough crazy/fun without her to get past editing if they ban together. I think Ramona and Carole would film with them even if they excluded Bethenny because they want to be on camera just as much as the others/Bethenny . BUT, it will take all of them together to make it happen and that will change the balance of power on the show, bringing it back to the NY show, away from the Bethenny Redo show. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Everything you mentioned is part of the basic rules of etiquette....the adage IS, Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Just because you wrote a book on etiquette, doesn't mean that you don't like to take a shit, fart or play grab ass with someone you met a week ago?

When ever I hear people 'bring it' or go 'truth cannon" I smile and laugh at them. I feel sorry that they cannot (refuse) to throttle back the desire to say something that came from the apex of their tiny, pointed head. People need to realize that their 'spontaneous mental vomiting' isn't pretty, funny or smart

I think the women are kinda jealous about how Lulu doesn't let shit stop her. She just puts on her hip boots and moves on thru. Stop for a second and look at her resume?  For fuck's sake. Model, writer, singer (barely), designer, actress/TV hostess -I know a few are a stretch, but, they all count............ess............

• Love 9

The reason that Methenny and Carol hate Lulu is kinda simple.

Meth hates Lu because she doesn't have any obligations - Carol poached Adam, so Lu is pissed about that. Meth and Care-hole join to get their "Mean Girl Super Powers" working and turn into MGSP Assholes in the process. Until Beffeny spews out some 'truthism' about Carol and THEY get into it.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:04 AM, Almost 3000 said:

I never quite understood Lu's move to NY because the Count didn't seem to have it as his primary home. Now knowing she wanted to come back to the states it makes sense. She does seem to fall into opportunities. I missed the part about Jill but I assume it was meeting Jill that got her on the show. Does anyone know the time she was in NY before she got this gig?

I don't know that she was living in NYC before the show; she mentioned they had the Hamptons home and spent summers there.  I noted that she mentioned both children were born in the Hamptons, and wondered if that were a deliberate decision to avoid any question about them being American citizens (yeah, they would have it through her even if born in Europe, but an American birth certificate is simpler).

I loved the tape showing her just after her marriage.  Like others, I have questions about how quickly she moved on from the live-in boyfriend (and didn't wait to tell him in person, not "cool"), but it did seem like she was swept off her feet by the Count and sincerely in love with him.

• Love 3

Luann said in her special that they moved back to NY in 2006, leaving Gstaad behind, so she could return to work. The Manhattan Moms show started shooting in 2008.  She had a local TV show/spot (Countess Reports)  before what became the RHONY.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm starting to think that I am the only person who sees that Countess Lou is using coke? She seemed pretty high in her scene with Bethanny where they talk about the trip and Lou's wearing the white Armani suit.  Also noteworthy is the scene she made over Dorinda's B-Day cake. There are many other times lately when she seems amped up and not like adderall. Coke is everywhere in NYC. (At least that's what my neighbor's dog tells me)

I know a lot of people on here like Luann, but I would really only consider the opinion of someone familiar with marching powder - especially those from NYC or the boroughs.

Edited by Farfel
Sp.
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Farfel said:

I'm starting to think that I am the only person who sees that Countess Lou is using coke? She seemed pretty high in her scene with Bethanny where they talk about the trip and Lou's wearing the white Armani suit.  Also noteworthy is the scene she made over Dorinda's B-Day cake. There are many other times lately when she seems amped up and not like adderall. Coke is everywhere in NYC. (At least that's what my neighbor's dog tells me)

I know a lot of people on here like Luann, but I would really only consider the opinion of someone familiar with marching powder - especially those from NYC or the boroughs.

Would NOT surprise me at all!

• Love 2
On June 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM, zoeysmom said:

I'm not sure if they ever said she was a wet blanket, just that she was very different on camera than she was off. 

I don't think it's just these gals saying that Lu was/is different than she use to be. I remember a couple of seasons ago when she came back as a "friend of". This forum was full of folks talking about how different she was than she had been in seasons past. Every other post began the same way "I didn't use to like Lu before...but now I love her". Beth mentioned it when she was on her talk show and Lu agreed that she was different; less guarded than she had been in the past. I always liked Lu and never got why people didn't, but certainly I could see that she was a softer, more casual Lu. She seemed happier and more open for fun. She seemed that way last season to me as well, on the show. It was the same Lu that we had seen the year before. The thing was, something changed at the end of the season - maybe panic that she hadn't brought the drama - and she started the whole fake Twitter deal. That was Lu being fake again. Acting like she was shocked that a 50 year old woman would have a love affair with a much younger man. That wasn't the cool Lu, that was the Countess. The one with all the rules as to how others should behave. What was appropriate and what wasn't. She is back, and that is what some of the girls have a problem with. I still cannot wait to see her married to a "millionaire".  I think the old Countess will really be back then. 

• Love 5
On 6/28/2016 at 5:24 PM, zoeysmom said:

Turned on Law & Order SVU (Season 12 Episode 18)  and there was Luann in the opening scene.  She had a second scene posing nude for an artist.  The episode description read, "An art patron (Luann de Lesseps) finds a body. . . The episode was filmed in 2010.

Luann resembles Mariska Hartigay  a bit. 

I just watched it on Hulu. I had stopped watching SVU way before her episode was filmed. I found the endless sex crimes to be too much for me. I hope LuAnn had fun making it because she was terrible. Like middle school play terrible. In fact, she was so bad that I think her singing might be better and she can't fucking sing.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I just watched it on Hulu. I had stopped watching SVU way before her episode was filmed. I found the endless sex crimes to be too much for me. I hope LuAnn had fun making it because she was terrible. Like middle school play terrible. In fact, she was so bad that I think her singing might be better and she can't fucking sing.

I kind of liked that episode because it was about an over the top female businesswoman and how she treated those around her.  Luann's role was essentially relegated to the finding the body scene. I admire her for landing the job.  She also had a cameo on Royal Pains, when she broke her wrist and a scripted role.  She is working it. I don't think she can sing but she seems to enjoy it.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

@zoeysmom  I also didn't get wet blanket, as others have noted, but the opposite. From back when the subject of LuAnn's off camera stuff became a thing for the housewives, I remember specifically two things being mentioned, but can't remember which housewives mentioned them. The two things were LuAnn sleeps around and smokes cigarettes. 

What Bethenny said some time later, is that Luann off camera would express strains in her marriage but on camera she made it seem okay.  Obviously that all stopped at the end of Season 2 because she divorced.  As far as the smoking, if she doesn't smoke on camera or inconvenience the others with her smoking, or isn't out there promoting a healthy lifestyle, I just don't see where it matters.  Dorinda was on Wendy Williams and Wendy mentioned the scene with Luann smoking with Jules, as Dorinda said that was rare of Luann to smoke.  Apparently, Dorinda smokes and is not shy about it on camera.

I think Bethenny's bitterness towards Luannis two-fold, the first was Luann writing a book, when she Bethenny was going to be releasing her book, and the second was Season 3, when Luann would not abide by Bethenny's demand not to film with Kelly.  Here is the precursor to The Berkshires, http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/drama-at-a-fashion-show  where Bethenny just unloads on Luann, because Luann stated that Bethenny had been at more than the two fashion shows she claimed, and Bethenny felt it was a dig and would not let go. It was based on a conversation a few days prior where Luann was essentially being the voice of reason telling Bethenny, Jill was upset over the voicemail telling her to get a hobby.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/getting-down-and-dirty  In short Bethenny way over reacted with her comments to Luann.  Her beef was with Jill, not Luann.  If saying someone, who claims only to go to two fashions a year, and then mention of attending another one is a dig-Bethenny should listen to herself.

What was interesting is Luann and Kelly were chatting with Lisa Rinna, when Bethenny barged into the conversation, giving rise to the fact, that perhaps, camera hog Bethenny, should have invited Luann to her dinner with the RHOBH, since Luann was friends with Lisa.

Again it was this hate speak, with Bethenny throwing out names and rumors.  I am not sure why she didn't trust Luann, but it always seemed to me once Bethenny got the nod for a spin-off, she was not going to be a group player.  Jill was wrong for amping up the drama but Luann really had nothing to do with the battle at the fashion show.  Bethenny speaks of decorum at a fashion show, well it doesn't take a etiquette expert to deem having screaming fishwives arguments on camera at someone's event is poor form.

Etiquette and morals are not interchangeable.  Being morally correct in an argument and expressing it like a three year old having a temper tantrum, is a breach of etiquette.  It is like winning the battle and losing the war.   Yes, Jill was wrong for wanting more from Bethenny then shutting her down, but Bethenny was inconsiderate to others to eviscerate Luann for essentially being a loyal friend to Jill.  Bethenny as usual went below the belt and claimed Jill had been badmouthing Luann-another below the belt remark by Bethenny.  Of course Bethenny does a mea culpa that somehow it was all Luann's fault she stooped to her usual lowbrow level.

Ultimately, the thing is Ramona and apparently Bethenny, had issues with Luann.  The rest of the cast didn't.  When the new ones were added, Carole had her issues and realized they were unfounded and then Luann screwed up and Carole is borrowing on Bethenny's say so regarding Luann's past behavior. 

• Love 3

Quite the remodel.

I wish there was summer filming.  Luann and Bethenny have cute places.  I don't know if Ramona still has a place or rents but she shows up on B's instgram a lot.  Jules has a place.   So lets see the summer shenanigans.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I wish there was summer filming.  Luann and Bethenny have cute places.  I don't know if Ramona still has a place or rents but she shows up on B's instgram a lot.  Jules has a place.   So lets see the summer shenanigans.

Ramona got both properties, NYC apt/H house. She said on the show that Mario wanted cash/money and that she wanted the real estate.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I think Ramona rented her Hamptons house out last summer.  This summer she seems to spending time there all alone.

The show originally filmed in the summer.  I agree they should go back to summer and forego the filming around the holidays.

• Love 3

Moved from episode thread:

Yeah well Carole believed she must be part of that minority because she informed Luann to call herself Native American.

And Carole didn't say a damn thing about Luann being too white or whatever you guys are saying. Just that she didn't use the proper term. 

What I'm saying is that when LuAnn is asked to 'check the box' regarding her race/ethnicity, do you think she checks "White/Caucasian(non-Hispanic)" or "Native American/American Indian"?  To act like LuAnn is an "ethnic minority" is what I believe to be offensive.  I'm a blonde haired, blue eyed white woman with about as much "Indian" blood running through my veins as LuAnn, for me to try to claim that I'm an "Indian" or even a Native American is offensive to actual minorities who actually face discrimination, oppression and abuse. 

I don't believe Carole takes LuAnn's "minority" status seriously, she was upset because LuAnn was using "Indian" as a joke and an offensive stereotype and making fun of people who have systematically been oppressed and abused.  People who are not LuAnn De Lesseps. 

• Love 3
(edited)

@shoegal Do you feel that's what Carole was doing there? Not correcting her because she wanted to be right and that was insensitive since she is partially that race ...but correcting her because she believes she is not of that genetic makeup?  I don't think Carole implied that at all.       Also if the second assertion for Carole's corrections are true what makes her or you think that?  

Edited by Petunia13
On 6/24/2016 at 9:45 AM, zoeysmom said:

Last night's magazine cover launch.  Luann looks pretty good without the statement necklace.  Fine jewelry suits her.

Sonja joined the party as well.  No Ramona, or Jules though.

They look like Halloween.

Uh,  Am I the only one who thinks Tom looks exactly like Luann without hair?  Or, Luann looks exactly like Tom with a wig on.

• Love 2
On 7/3/2016 at 0:49 PM, zoeysmom said:

What Bethenny said some time later, is that Luann off camera would express strains in her marriage but on camera she made it seem okay.  Obviously that all stopped at the end of Season 2 because she divorced.  As far as the smoking, if she doesn't smoke on camera or inconvenience the others with her smoking, or isn't out there promoting a healthy lifestyle, I just don't see where it matters.  Dorinda was on Wendy Williams and Wendy mentioned the scene with Luann smoking with Jules, as Dorinda said that was rare of Luann to smoke.  Apparently, Dorinda smokes and is not shy about it on camera.

I think Bethenny's bitterness towards Luannis two-fold, the first was Luann writing a book, when she Bethenny was going to be releasing her book, and the second was Season 3, when Luann would not abide by Bethenny's demand not to film with Kelly.  Here is the precursor to The Berkshires, http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/drama-at-a-fashion-show  where Bethenny just unloads on Luann, because Luann stated that Bethenny had been at more than the two fashion shows she claimed, and Bethenny felt it was a dig and would not let go. It was based on a conversation a few days prior where Luann was essentially being the voice of reason telling Bethenny, Jill was upset over the voicemail telling her to get a hobby.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/videos/getting-down-and-dirty  In short Bethenny way over reacted with her comments to Luann.  Her beef was with Jill, not Luann.  If saying someone, who claims only to go to two fashions a year, and then mention of attending another one is a dig-Bethenny should listen to herself.

What was interesting is Luann and Kelly were chatting with Lisa Rinna, when Bethenny barged into the conversation, giving rise to the fact, that perhaps, camera hog Bethenny, should have invited Luann to her dinner with the RHOBH, since Luann was friends with Lisa.

Again it was this hate speak, with Bethenny throwing out names and rumors.  I am not sure why she didn't trust Luann, but it always seemed to me once Bethenny got the nod for a spin-off, she was not going to be a group player.  Jill was wrong for amping up the drama but Luann really had nothing to do with the battle at the fashion show.  Bethenny speaks of decorum at a fashion show, well it doesn't take a etiquette expert to deem having screaming fishwives arguments on camera at someone's event is poor form.

Etiquette and morals are not interchangeable.  Being morally correct in an argument and expressing it like a three year old having a temper tantrum, is a breach of etiquette.  It is like winning the battle and losing the war.   Yes, Jill was wrong for wanting more from Bethenny then shutting her down, but Bethenny was inconsiderate to others to eviscerate Luann for essentially being a loyal friend to Jill.  Bethenny as usual went below the belt and claimed Jill had been badmouthing Luann-another below the belt remark by Bethenny.  Of course Bethenny does a mea culpa that somehow it was all Luann's fault she stooped to her usual lowbrow level.

Ultimately, the thing is Ramona and apparently Bethenny, had issues with Luann.  The rest of the cast didn't.  When the new ones were added, Carole had her issues and realized they were unfounded and then Luann screwed up and Carole is borrowing on Bethenny's say so regarding Luann's past behavior. 

Exactly this and I watched the clip. A clip that I haven't seen in a long time and it's amazing how much the same Beth is and how she just goes straight for the jugular oh wait the jugular isn't below the belt which is really where Beth always goes. Beth doesn't like Lu so she judge conjures up reasons to go after her with such venom. That's how Beth roles. She doesn't like something and she's off to the races being unnecessarily nasty and cruel and to be honest there's never a clear point in site. She just rambles random insults because well, because she's basically just throwing  a tantrum that has no merit whatsoever at any given time.

Beth has always been that way since the first time I saw her. This whole underdog thing never hooked me because she always came across as some condescending biyatch which never sat well with me period. PLUS, she doesn't even do it in a witty or clever way. It's rapid fire nonsense so I'm always confused about all these kudos she gets for her delivery and her brand of fodder.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

@shoegal Do you feel that's what Carole was doing there? Not correcting her because she wanted to be right and that was insensitive since she is partially that race ...but correcting her because she believes she is not of that genetic makeup?  I don't think Carole implied that at all.       Also if the second assertion for Carole's corrections are true what makes her or you think that?  

Do I believe that Carole doesn't believe that LuAnn has some Algonquin ancestry? No, I don't believe she thinks that, but I also think that Carole knows that LuAnn enjoys the privilege of being a white, affluent woman in the United States.  As far as the second assertions, they are straight of Carole's mouth in that episode.  Carole thought that "they" (LuAnn and some of the others at the table) were making fun of a race of people who have been historically oppressed, discriminated against and abused.  Laughing about scalping people and doing war whoops, and proclaiming that Jaques calls LuAnn "his wild Indian" certainly doesn't discredit what Carole felt IMO. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Uh,  Am I the only one who thinks Tom looks exactly like Luann without hair?  Or, Luann looks exactly like Tom with a wig on.

Yes!  From below the eyes to chin they could be siblings.  Look at their noses!

I still don't think these two will actually make it to the altar.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 6:21 PM, talula said:

I guess it wouldn't be proper to state that "I'd hit that", would it?

-------

Mr., Mrs., please and thank you?

I worked for a woman who I had to get some stats from. When I first took the job, I crossed the street to introduce myself and meet her.

Things went south pretty quickly when she told me NOT to call her 'ma'am' - she was angry and snapped at me her preference. (She wanted to me called Miss Larry?)

She did this in front of three people and one of them had a look of  like, "See what WE have to put up with?"

I was flustered because I grew up having basic manners drilled into me - so I made the mistake of calling her "ma'am", again. On the way back to my office I thought about it and was pissed off.

If you cannot be gracious enough to accept the fact that I am treating you with respect and do have a problem with it?

Fuck you.

After that, I made it a point to call her "ma'am" and hang up the phone abruptly when our conversations ended, no goodbye or anything like that.
I always loved the term "dissed", People are way too stupid to learn that you earn respect, it's not just handed out. 

Different strokes....

• Love 1

In an article posted, Luanne and Dorinda claim Tom is a private person

I think Luanne put that out there as a negotiation tactic to see if she can get more money. She wants to see if there is viewer interest in a NY wedding. She has a storyline – Bravo is interested but they aren’t going to pay her more and won’t be footing the bill for the nuptials. They probably will film it IF Luanne invites the RH cast of next season.  Luanne would be able to get sponsors and vendors to either give her a big discount or no cost at all for the free publicity should her wedding air on the show.

I laugh at the Tom is private. Yep he is so private that he micced up, signed a release form and filmed the flirt scene with Joanie (has she been filmed at any of Ramona’s recent  birthday lunches? Just wondering if she plastic surgeried herself into a Star Wars Cantina character) season 1. Yep he is so private he was photographed on a date with Ramona. Yep he is so private he signed a release form this season, has been micced up and filmed twice, and is engaged to Luanne, a reality TV star. Yep he’s so private and allows Luanne to Tweet, Instagram and Snapchat photos of them together. Luanne was on either Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight – she wants a big extravaganza, with 3 dress changes, to blend with Tom’s birthday celebration, and she wants to sing (I hope it’s called, I’m Never Letting You Get A Divorce) to private Tom

• Love 3
On August 12, 2016 at 8:32 PM, KungFuBunny said:

In an article posted, Luanne and Dorinda claim Tom is a private person

I think Luanne put that out there as a negotiation tactic to see if she can get more money. She wants to see if there is viewer interest in a NY wedding. She has a storyline – Bravo is interested but they aren’t going to pay her more and won’t be footing the bill for the nuptials. They probably will film it IF Luanne invites the RH cast of next season.  Luanne would be able to get sponsors and vendors to either give her a big discount or no cost at all for the free publicity should her wedding air on the show.

I laugh at the Tom is private. Yep he is so private that he micced up, signed a release form and filmed the flirt scene with Joanie (has she been filmed at any of Ramona’s recent  birthday lunches? Just wondering if she plastic surgeried herself into a Star Wars Cantina character) season 1. Yep he is so private he was photographed on a date with Ramona. Yep he is so private he signed a release form this season, has been micced up and filmed twice, and is engaged to Luanne, a reality TV star. Yep he’s so private and allows Luanne to Tweet, Instagram and Snapchat photos of them together. Luanne was on either Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight – she wants a big extravaganza, with 3 dress changes, to blend with Tom’s birthday celebration, and she wants to sing (I hope it’s called, I’m Never Letting You Get A Divorce) to private Tom

I'm sorry but I've said this before and I'll said it again, Tom being shown for 30 seconds how many years ago, doesn't make him a fame whore. Neither is banging Sonja or dating Ramona, especially considering it's just come to light from the women themselves, not Tom. And being engaged to Luanne, I'm sure if he wanted to film and be a part of more scenes he could be. I can see him doing the handful of appearances for Lu. He's no Slade (RHOC)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, snowblossom2 said:

I'm sorry but I've said this before and I'll said it again, Tom being shown for 30 seconds how many years ago, doesn't make him a fame whore. Neither is banging Sonja or dating Ramona, especially considering it's just come to light from the women themselves, not Tom. And being engaged to Luanne, I'm sure if he wanted to film and be a part of more scenes he could be. I can see him doing the handful of appearances for Lu. He's no Slade (RHOC)

I agree, if he were a fame ho he would be promoting his business, or taking over Luann's business or groveling for screen time. 

• Love 6

Sorry, I don't see  a resemblance between Lu and Tom.

Lu apparently has some native American in her background.  Does that 'require' her to check the box?  I have to say no.  She's a mix of a number of heritages including French Canadian.  Sorry but I have a hard time, in 2016, that the one drop rule still applies.   Hello RHOP.

Bottom line, Lu has had a very interesting life.  And good for her, love or hate her.  Lu does seem to know how to bounce back when things don't work out. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Sorry, I don't see  a resemblance between Lu and Tom.

Lu apparently has some native American in her background.  Does that 'require' her to check the box?  I have to say no.  She's a mix of a number of heritages including French Canadian.  Sorry but I have a hard time, in 2016, that the one drop rule still applies.   Hello RHOP.

Bottom line, Lu has had a very interesting life.  And good for her, love or hate her.  Lu does seem to know how to bounce back when things don't work out. 

Luann after getting a beat down by Bethenny has come back with a vengeance.  She knows how to be heard and when to make her move.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann after getting a beat down by Bethenny has come back with a vengeance.  She knows how to be heard and when to make her move.

Yes, being one of six has its advantages.

She is both a fighter and a survivor.

• Love 9

Sonja has been going on and on about her FWB relationship with Tom for the majority of the season inclusive of this past episode. She showed up to LUANNE’s engagement party in a come-fuck-me dress to get Tom’s attention, not to congratulate Luanne. She even did a little wriggle in her dress in her room showing off to Carole & Ramona. Every time she has said she is happy for Luanne and Tom, Sonja follows up with some snide remark. Carole and Ramona were not egging her on, Sonja has been doing that herself all season.

So who will film with her next season?

Luanne won’t want to if she sees the stuff Sonja has been saying in her TH shots. I wonder how Luanne treats her at the reunion. Final nail on the coffin is Sonja’s WWHL appearance – if she is truly happy for Tom and Luanne  - she should have left it at that, but continues to make snide comments about Tom. When asked why Ramona gets a pass for dating Tom and not Luanne, she says Ramona didn’t know about her FWB with Tom.  So she’s insinuating that Luanne knew, another slam this time at Lu not Tom.

Dorinda seems contemptuous of Sonja – they must really go at it at the reunion with Dorinda being the winner

Beth – Sonja’s latest desparate bid for press saying she was in contact with Gloria Allred and would pursue suing Bethenny for defamation of character.  Then claims she and Bethenny are good on WWHL?

Carole would probably film a bit with her – but she’s not taking on snatch guard duty nor putting her to bed.

Ramona is on her Stella never got her groove on Tour so she has no time for Sonja.

Jules won’t be back because she can’t discuss her divorce while it is ongoing and Michael will not sign a release that allows his children to be filmed.  

So I still predict..Sonja and Jules out. If Heather’s legal issues are resolved she is back in or they will just bring a newbie on (hopefully a friend of Lu’s)

• Love 4

I woke up this morning and was flipping thru the channels and came across the trip to the Middle East they took a few seasons back.

Lulu riding the camel and her reaction to almost being bucked off was funnier now, than it was the first time. I loved at how insulted she was that the poor animal thought about tossing her off.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, This2getsold said:

Watching Lu's Before they were Housewives....

What did the count do for a living. She mentions how much he would travel after she moved back to the US?

Did the count buy his title? 

The Count title was passed down to him, by his father and his father and his father before him.  Ferdinand de Lesspes is credited with building the Suez canal, and later the Panama Canal before it was bought out by the Americans.  De Lesseps also accompanied the Statute of Liberty to the US.  So he came by it honestly-no cash involved.

Alex de Lesseps and won the Fulbright Humanitarian Award in 2004.  Much of his work is rooted in development of micro financing in developing countries.    The location of the headquarters of his present company is in Hong Kong.  He was connected with the building of a Cuban hotel.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The Count title was passed down to him, by his father and his father and his father before him.  Ferdinand de Lesspes is credited with building the Suez canal, and later the Panama Canal before it was bought out by the Americans.  De Lesseps also accompanied the Statute of Liberty to the US.  So he came by it honestly-no cash involved.

Alex de Lesseps and won the Fulbright Humanitarian Award in 2004.  Much of his work is rooted in development of micro financing in developing countries.    The location of the headquarters of his present company is in Hong Kong.  He was connected with the building of a Cuban hotel.

His title was given to his ancestors by Napoleon for services rendered to the  

empire. I don't believe that one can buy a French title.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I have mixed thoughts on micro financing but I think abuse is rampant and the finacers are not as altruistic as they'd like us to believe. I think it's gotten better but...

And omg I want to stay at Alex's Saratoga Hotel in Havana.

The de Lesseps feature prominently in an episode of PBS's American Experience.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, This2getsold said:

Thanks for the info ladies!

Would expect Suez Canal money would last a couple of generations.

The Panama Canal bankrupted Ferdinand.  (He had 11 children, grandchildren and great grandchildren at the time of his death shortly after going bankrupt.)  My guess is Ferdinand's Countlets branched into other businesses and passed their wealth on.  Alex went  to college in Africa and  I believe Northwestern. 

• Love 2

Don't go by the Wikiepedia page on Ferdinand.  It lies.  Guy Stair Sainty was linked several times on TWOP from his reviews of the French noble patents.  The uncle was a military man under Napoleon I.  He was never ennobled by Louis XVI as Louis's head was long parted from the rest of him when the uncle stepped out of the mess of a post-Napoleonic French empire and called himself a Marquis.  What did happen was that Ferdinand's father was allowed to add the 'de' to his name.  Before that they were just Lesseps.  Ferdinand settled for calling himself a 'comte' and had plenty of filthy lucre to prop up Louis Napoleon (erroneously called Napoleon III as Napoleon II, Napoleon's son was never crowned Emperor of France with his father but merely 'King of Rome' and the three exclamation points after his name in a newspaper headline made a faux pas).

As for Alex?  Last time I saw him he was once again dragging in a couple of arms dealing friends of Putin as well as a developer that is shunned in Singapore as being either the biggest recipient of the slave trade out of Dubai or the one running it.  No one is that sure.  Alex has long been the semi-respectable front that brings in the tawdriest players with full pockets and no invites to the swell crowds' doings.   One reason he is said to have gotten the humanitarian award -- he brings in tons of others people's money.  Filthy nasty dubious money.

As for the title?  It is fun to see how many can be swayed by a generations long scam.  Note.  He calls himself the count.  Not 'Comte'.  Why is that?  Because when the title is hand waved for so long and the only social titled class is English, why I do declare miss scarlett, we need to do something to make our 'title' a bit crumpets and tea now don't we?

Also?  I've seen him with many people Jeffrey Epstein has been having fun with over the years.  I'm sure that is a big ole coincidence though. 

Also a quick look at roglo and not a single 'noble' marriage in Alex's ancestry.  Though maybe Luanne can fix her son up with one of the younger generations of the Borgheses of New Jersey ;).  Yet their distant cousins who still are an old name in Lousiana and settled there in the 1700s married extremely well when it comes to 'blue blood' bragging rights.  Go figure.

the Lesseps are not the only ones to do wonders with history and come out ahead.  Alex like his ancestor has managed with cash to smooth over the facts.  It's not like he runs in crowds of real elites, half the Russian Oligarchs he was partying with have either gone to prison or died. There is an interesting set of links in BRAVO land though.  He too was among those said to be sniffing coke off young underage girls' backs with the sons of Qaddafi.  Right along with that Rothschild's walking scandal who was married to the Real Ladies of London's Annabelle.  Plus one of the guys he was with when he purportedly met his Ethiopian princess was one of the men who later died in the group that included Scot Young.  And also included one of the Russians they know think brought the Brits into whatever deals might have led to all four committing "suicide".  Murky durky doings indeed.  There was never an estate for the Lesseps to pass down but damn does he provide a lovely well maintained grassy knoll or two with his 'humanitarian' socializing. 

And yes Fullbright can pack an elitist punch.  But it can also hold its nose and follow the money.  After all, you might only let the arrivistes in the side door but you never slam the front one in their face.  They might end up surviving whatever dictator they are running with and stick around long enough to be somewhat respectable and still have a hefty check book.  And then how stupid do you look?

• Love 14

Yes, Luann has slung her share of mud at others but she has never gotten her rocks off in doing so like Bethenny has/does

That's completely fair if you infer it that way. But we don't know that to be a truth-fact.

Lu may very well have derived a great deal of joy from mocking Carole for not having children on the finale last year. I mean, hey, she WAS laughing when she said it.  In fact, her laugh when she said it is enough for me to think that Lu did, in fact, get her rocks off by making fun of another person.

As I've stated, I can't stand Bethenny and think she is a cold-hearted, self-serving beeyotch.  But her bad behavior doesn't automatically cancel out Lu's bad behavior in the past. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

That's completely fair if you infer it that way. But we don't know that to be a truth-fact.

Lu may very well have derived a great deal of joy from mocking Carole for not having children on the finale last year. I mean, hey, she WAS laughing when she said it.  In fact, her laugh when she said it is enough for me to think that Lu did, in fact, get her rocks off by making fun of another person.

As I've stated, I can't stand Bethenny and think she is a cold-hearted, self-serving beeyotch.  But her bad behavior doesn't automatically cancel out Lu's bad behavior in the past. 

That's fair, and Yes, Luann laughed, a maniacal laugh at that, but she didn't do it for the greater part of the season like Bethenny did, nor did she go from HW to HW plotting how she was going to take Carole down laughing the entire time. Watch Bethenny's face/eyes when she does it, she really does derive pleasure in causing the others pain/humiliation.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That's fair, and Yes, Luann laughed, a maniacal laugh at that, but she didn't do it for the greater part of the season like Bethenny did, nor did she go from HW to HW plotting how she was going to take Carole down laughing the entire time. Watch Bethenny's face/eyes when she does it, she really does derive pleasure in causing the others pain/humiliation.

They all have their moments where they do run with an insult and smirk and take their digs but the difference is how involved and deliberate the become and how long they try to keep the humiliation alive. It's also about the magnitude of the slight. This whole thing with Lu is a huge campaign. I mean they may as well stand at a podium, take turns and  declare their disillusionment with Lu like it's the DNC all the while trumping up measures in which to make things ever the more awkward moment by moment. It's quite a display. Totally different than the onesies and twosies barbs they throw at each other throughout filming. This is such a coordinated effort that it goes way beyond the normal bomb drops and awkward/embarrassing reactions.  They usually go from one conflict to the next, new developments of catty, sorta follow an arc of discontent between a couple of wives that are then reduced to rude outbursts and rocky conclusions but that's not what's happening here. There is no true gripe here. There's just hurtful information among an awkward set of circumstances that is going way beyond what is necessary or justified considering the situation at hand. As sketchy as the whole Ro/Sonja/Lu/Tom connection is, it amounts to an embarrassing awkward and uncomfortable situation that should have a shelf life of maybe 30 seconds. Somehow it's morphed into this no holds barred debacle that has too many participants doing the happy dance. I just don't get it. Way beyond the scope of the original details surrounding it all.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Watch Bethenny's face/eyes when she does it, she really does derive pleasure in causing the others pain/humiliation.

I won't argue with that!  Bethenny is just .... not a good person. To put it kindly!

• Love 9

LuAnn used to be on my short list of favorite housewives. Short list because there are so few that would even make the cut. However, Lu is not her own woman. She has shown us her pathetic side now. Most women prefer to stay alone rather than marry a man who cheats during the engagement. Sonja isn't losing anything by losing Tom. Had there been any attraction, Ramona would have had another Mario.

Lu's descent is hard to watch. She is attractive, funny, and enjoyable to be around. She obviously has the ability to make it good things happen. She is immature when it comes to men and the need to have one in her life. It's okay for a woman to admit that they will commit to a relationship with a man at any cost but let's not present Tom as someone who will be faithful given his history. He is a wanderer.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Showthyme said:

LuAnn used to be on my short list of favorite housewives. Short list because there are so few that would even make the cut. However, Lu is not her own woman. She has shown us her pathetic side now. Most women prefer to stay alone rather than marry a man who cheats during the engagement. Sonja isn't losing anything by losing Tom. Had there been any attraction, Ramona would have had another Mario.

Lu's descent is hard to watch. She is attractive, funny, and enjoyable to be around. She obviously has the ability to make it good things happen. She is immature when it comes to men and the need to have one in her life. It's okay for a woman to admit that they will commit to a relationship with a man at any cost but let's not present Tom as someone who will be faithful given his history. He is a wanderer.

I do think Luann sees mates with rose coloured glasses.  We live in a world, and especially on reality TV, where forgiveness and second chances.  Since Om has never been married, I guess it remains to be seen.

What I noticed about Luann, is she does have a jealousy streak.  She was in disbelief that as soon as she left town, Tom went to the Regency.  That is certainly behavior that can be modified, if the person is willing.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I do think Luann sees mates with rose coloured glasses.  We live in a world, and especially on reality TV, where forgiveness and second chances.  Since Om has never been married, I guess it remains to be seen.

What I noticed about Luann, is she does have a jealousy streak.  She was in disbelief that as soon as she left town, Tom went to the Regency.  That is certainly behavior that can be modified, if the person is willing.

That's what I saw in St. Johns (that is where the pirate was right? It's St Somewhere I cannot afford to go anyway).  The ladies get to the bar and see the pirate.  They all see him and think he's hot (you can see Sonja eyeballing) but Lu, with the very serious boyfriend, gloms into him before anyone else has a chance (the other ladies are getting ready to get on the bar to dance and Lu doesn't go with them, she's with pirate).  She does what cats do and marked her territory.  There were several suggestive remarks to the pirate (about how she's an Indian and other things) that at the time made me think WOW, she is balls to the wall making her move!  No one else is getting any of that pirate until she's done batting him around.  She gets very territorial.  

• Love 11

I think Luann has hugely out of date adherence to male and female roles in a relationship. Maybe not jealousy so much as possessiveness.   I think she was fine with Alex dicking around as long as he was her husband.  An actual divorce was what threw her for the loop.  And why over and over again she tried to clutch pearls on matters that were public to the cast and to the smaller society in which she ran than the overall viewing public in fly over states.  Her gasping in outrage when Ramona said Alex was considerably older.  An old man.  In FRONT OF HIS OWN DAUGHTER!   The horror.  the crassness.  The fact that as dim as she sometimes looks the daughter seemed able to do simple math.  But it was a shame that the table dancing already about to be disCountess had to make a huge issue at a venue that was meant to be a charity. Because the dig, rude and yet blandly stupid as it was, attacked the image of her being The Countess.  Which to me was something she took as a trophy of mating and marriage. 

Pirate?  She had to loop her vagina into a lasso and prove she was the one who had it more than the others in her post-divorce single days.  Something I think always kept the ground a bit shaky under her feet.

And I think that is what Tom and his Tomfoolery does.  Not just embarrass her but also diminish her worth as a woman in her own eyes.  Being married was proof she was not just the woman she was a la Countess, but also that she still had the edge over others.  Including her own cast-mates.  If this was all going on in the tabloids just due to Tom's Foolery I would be (hypocritically I know) cackling like Frankelstein's Monster no doubt.  But as long as that overworked face and PVC bodied Lindsey Lohan Special Edition Troll Doll is getting her kicks from the woes of Luann, I just can't enjoy it all that much.  Damn you Frankelstein's Monster.  You could have dropped this to the press anonymously and had it play out while the season climaxed in a wonderfully rich ironic juxtaposition.  But no.  the Monster just had to shit it all out on air so we get to see once again, The Monster is nothing but a Sphincter that spews out shit.

• Love 7