Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

She will have a challenge next season imo. Carole and Beth are friends. Beth said the toast didn't bother her, but I'm sure she won't forget about it, come next season.

I honestly think the only reason Beth said the toast didn't bother her was because it was a heather versus Luann thing. Carol verified it but Beth was so annoyed by heather at that point and heather was the one to bring it up (obviously as a way to throw a rift between them) that Beth saw it as a Luann versus heather thing and of course chose Lu. So with heather gone next year, that dynamic will be interesting.

• Love 5

I think Luann will be just fine.  I do think Carole and Heather to a certain degree need to stop saying Luann f&cked someone when she didn't.  Carole just doesn't know.  Does it make Carole's relationship with Adam better because she slays a former employer of his (and the person responsible for getting his name out there via RHONYC) or slaying the aunt of an old girlfriend.  I don't get this victory dance of Carole's-she claims superiority in all things and last night she was a street rat. 

I'm really curious why you think the onus is on any of the other HWs to prove that Lu had sex with guys in T&C?

It's pretty obvious she did. 

Multiple HWs have said she did, not just Carole. Bethenny confirmed it as well. Lu's proven to lie quite a bit about her hookups, much as she likes to claim that there ain't no shame in her game. I don't need a DNA swab or video footage to know Lu's been getting freaky.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 7

I think it's all that heat that will help secure her another season. And I'm not certain that Andy is after truth. I don't mind the promiscuity but they need to own it. I'm more amazed any would have one night stands and expect them to remain private.

And I would bet money that the Countess wanted at least one night with Adam. She seemed just a little too invested in her, changing, stories.

Oh god.

talula's vid-snippet is wonderful but it's giving me whiplash!

ETA: sorry. My post is out of synch. Was responding to talula's earlier post which I now know I should have quoted.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

From Luann's blog:

Luann’s Eggs à  la Francaise

8 eggs

2 tablespoons of milk

Pinch of salt and pepper

1 tablespoon butter

Directions: Whisk eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add eggs and cook on low heat, stirring continuously so the texture is very fine and creamy. The consistency should resemble polenta. You can add a dash of truffle oil or a spoonful of tomato sauce to give it a new twist. Serves four. That’s it…simple and delicious!

I die.  Luann knows how to make scrambled eggs.  LOL 

Ummmm, she said mix the eggs with "WATER" on the show last night, she did NOT say to use "milk"! LOL I suspect she either called someone or Goggled it. LOL

• Love 8

I'm really curious why you think the onus is on any of the other HWs to prove that Lu had sex with guys in T&C?

It's pretty obvious she did. 

Multiple HWs have said she did, not just Carole. Bethenny confirmed it as well. Lu's proven to lie quite a bit about her hookups, much as she likes to claim that there ain't no shame in her game. I don't need a DNA swab or video footage to know Lu's been getting freaky.

If Luann says she didn't have intercourse with someone her word rules. BTW I would say the same about any of them.  Last year when Luann said Mario was having sex with the women he had an affair with Ramona denied it.  Since Mario's squeeze claimed she was and Mario was spotted checking into a hotel with her I would say he was having sex with her.  This is Carole who claims people have anal sex for a laugh.  Something Sonja denied it-although coyly.   I remember the BH Reunion when Brandi went on and on how she f&cked the 23 year old and the 23 year old had told Lisa he didn't because she was too drunk.  Brandi would know if she had sex.

LuAnn has said she did not and I don't know how Bethenny would know -she wasn't there when the married guy came aboard. Carole doesn't know if he was wearing a wedding band as she never saw him.  Luann in her blog cops to flirting and having a little fun with Eric and skinny dipping only with the house manager-again these other women don't know and short of having a conversation with the partner involved have no real way of knowing.  Luann keeps saying she can do what she wants it is Carole that keeps saying Luann f*cks guys in bathrooms, Luann f&cks YOUNG BOYS and married  men.  World of difference between skinny dipping and intercourse.

In short I don't believe these "multiple" housewives are in a position to say they know for certain when another RH has sex.  I think they throw it out there and hope it will stick and further more it is none of Carole or anyone else's business.  Same as Carole not knowing if Ramona had sex with the guy she stashed in the room adjacent to the connecting bathroom.  All we can do is take Ramona's word for it.

• Love 3

From Luann's blog:

Luann’s Eggs à  la Francaise

8 eggs

2 tablespoons of milk

Pinch of salt and pepper

1 tablespoon butter

Directions: Whisk eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add eggs and cook on low heat, stirring continuously so the texture is very fine and creamy. The consistency should resemble polenta. You can add a dash of truffle oil or a spoonful of tomato sauce to give it a new twist. Serves four. That’s it…simple and delicious!

I die.  Luann knows how to make scrambled eggs.  LOL

LuAnn's specialty is "Egg in a hole." She can make them blindfolded,lol!

• Love 5

I still love LuAnn, I can't help myself.  Yeah she came across poorly during part one of the reunion and but there's something about her that keeps pulling me back, usually when we see the real LuAnn and not the fake Countess.  I'd still kill for her body (we're the same age). wardrobe, and sense of style.  And I love how free she is about having sex when and where she wants even if she tries to lie about it.

• Love 3

If Luann says she didn't have intercourse with someone her word rules. BTW I would say the same about any of them.  Last year when Luann said Mario was having sex with the women he had an affair with Ramona denied it.  Since Mario's squeeze claimed she was and Mario was spotted checking into a hotel with her I would say he was having sex with her.  This is Carole who claims people have anal sex for a laugh.  Something Sonja denied it-although coyly.   I remember the BH Reunion when Brandi went on and on how she f&cked the 23 year old and the 23 year old had told Lisa he didn't because she was too drunk.  Brandi would know if she had sex.

LuAnn has said she did not and I don't know how Bethenny would know -she wasn't there when the married guy came aboard. Carole doesn't know if he was wearing a wedding band as she never saw him.  Luann in her blog cops to flirting and having a little fun with Eric and skinny dipping only with the house manager-again these other women don't know and short of having a conversation with the partner involved have no real way of knowing.  Luann keeps saying she can do what she wants it is Carole that keeps saying Luann f*cks guys in bathrooms, Luann f&cks YOUNG BOYS and married  men.  World of difference between skinny dipping and intercourse.

In short I don't believe these "multiple" housewives are in a position to say they know for certain when another RH has sex.  I think they throw it out there and hope it will stick and further more it is none of Carole or anyone else's business.  Same as Carole not knowing if Ramona had sex with the guy she stashed in the room adjacent to the connecting bathroom.  All we can do is take Ramona's word for it.

Someone else said this earlier, so this is not original, but two words for Lu and her penchant for telling/not telling the truth:

Italian Friends

She was caught in a lie that was only exposed because she didn't realize she was on camera/had a hot mic/whatever. Whether she had sex with the Pirate or not (and of course she did) the point is that her initial inclination was to lie about her conduct to save herself.

• Love 4

One thing I wondered:  when LuAnn and Bethenny were having that 'I want to strangle Ramona' moment at the beginning of the Turks & Caicos trip, and Ramona came out in her bikini and wedge heels and both Beth and Lu were yukking it up, LuAnn said--and I quote directly--'it's just like being poolside in Monaco with all the...' and then seemed to tail off and talk about something else.  But she was off-camera then so I don't know if she did  in fact continue and say something pejorative about some group or not.  My bet is she did.  And it was fudged in the edit to sound like she went to another thought.

• Love 1

Someone else said this earlier, so this is not original, but two words for Lu and her penchant for telling/not telling the truth:

Italian Friends

She was caught in a lie that was only exposed because she didn't realize she was on camera/had a hot mic/whatever. Whether she had sex with the Pirate or not (and of course she did) the point is that her initial inclination was to lie about her conduct to save herself.

Exactly. I don't care who she sleeps with and applaud her embracing her sexuality, but the pretentiousness is really unattractive. Luann tries to act like she's to the manor born but her sleeping around, really, really bad French accent and IMO often questionable taste in clothing belie all of that. I think she won the count because of her youthful wiles, but it's clear that money can't buy you class. Her trying to school Carole on sexual etiquette is laughable. I get that she was concerned about the niece, but she's gone too far and needs to back that shit up now.

• Love 6

In retrospect, if Lu were looking to magnify an issue into a feud to give herself more of a storyline, she should have gone after Ramona for throwing her under the bus in T&C.

It's pretty easy to emerge the victor in a war with Moaner, and quite frankly no one would have blamed her. Nearly everyone seems to agree that Ramona kinda got off easy despite blame-shift punting responsibility for Naked Guy to Luann.

I think antagonizing Carole/Heather was a severe miscalculation because it doesn't leave her with many safe allies for S8. Kristen is probably gone/marginalized, Bethenny is pretending to be Switzerland, Ramonja are an unpredictable mess. All that remains is Dorinda? I think Doris is on the verge of the dreaded unfavorable 2nd season edit, so I'm not so sure cozying up to her is a great idea either.

• Love 8

Ummmm, she said mix the eggs with "WATER" on the show last night, she did NOT say to use "milk"! LOL I suspect she either called someone or Goggled it. LOL

Too funny! Luann still can't keep her lies straight! She's above the truth, that is for the peasants. Let them eat eggs francaise!

I wish ya'll could see the strip in Berlin, CT her hometown. I know I know if I reminded Luann of her humble roots I'd just get an "how dare you"!

• Love 2

In retrospect, if Lu were looking to magnify an issue into a feud to give herself more of a storyline, she should have gone after Ramona for throwing her under the bus in T&C.

It's pretty easy to emerge the victor in a war with Moaner, and quite frankly no one would have blamed her. Nearly everyone seems to agree that Ramona kinda got off easy despite blame-shift punting responsibility for Naked Guy to Luann.

This is yet another reason why I hate this manufactured drama from Luann.  There is real drama with RAMONA's behavior in T&C (and everywhere else), and she's getting off scot frree at the reunion (so far), while everybody focused on Luann's fucking girl code crap.

• Love 6

It's funny, as much as I find Ramona's behavior abhorrent, I can't get too worked up about her antics either. Maybe because the bar is already so low with her. (Note: I still think Lu should have gone after Ramona and not Carole.)

• Love 4

Insomnia.  I'm watching Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas in Gunfight at the O.K. Corral at dawn this morning. 

Suddenly "bad girl" saloon hostess Jo Van Fleet appears. . . and she's wearing Luann's reunion dress!  Too shiny, bright emerald green, lowcut, with those multiple straps across the shoulders and upper arms. 

Jo's was longer and had a bustle, but it was close enough.  I told the dogs, "Look!  The Countess is now a dance hall girl in Tombstone."

Edited by candall
  • Love 7

Jo's was longer and had a bustle, but it was close enough.  I told the dogs, "Look!  The Countess is now a dance hall girl in Tombstone."

You know it would not totally shock me if Luanne was actually a dance hall girl in Tombstone once upon a time.

• Love 8

By the way, what are 'eggs a la francais(e)? Looked like scrambled eggs to me...

I can remember when she first said this thinking "this is nuts!"  But an internet search did in fact find several recipes for eggs a la francais.  Mostly it seems to be about texture (in particular continually moving the eggs around while cooking, instead of allowing them to sit in the pan for a bit), not whether you add milk or not.  

• Love 1

I can remember when she first said this thinking "this is nuts!"  But an internet search did in fact find several recipes for eggs a la francais.  Mostly it seems to be about texture (in particular continually moving the eggs around while cooking, instead of allowing them to sit in the pan for a bit), not whether you add milk or not.  

Yes, it's a texture.  I'm not a big egg eater but when done right eggs a la Francais is really delicious.

• Love 1

I think it also has to do with making them using low heat. I think most scrambles suggest using a higher heat. For instance, Alton Brown suggests High! I'm usually somewhere in between and always add a liquid.

I'm sure LuLu usually gets "The Help" to make them for her. And I really hate that she classifies employees as "The Help". Granted, I'm not in a position to pick and use such terminology, but I am pretty sure that "the help" is not what I would choose. To me, it's right up there with "those people" for a cringe factor.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

The one time I had scrambled eggs made by

someone French, they were delicious and I have made them that way ever since.

I put eggs in a blender, with 1/2 and 1/2 or heavy cream, then whip for about 20 seconds.

Butter in the pan, and you scramble while they cook.     Salt to taste (I don't use it) and pepper.    I usually add the pepper into the blender.

• Love 3

All I know is if you're making scrambled eggs, you add water.  If you're making French toast, you add milk (preferably half and half or cream).  BTW, I love French toast.  And I would love to have some right now...or any time.

• Love 1

All I know is if you're making scrambled eggs, you add water.  If you're making French toast, you add milk (preferably half and half or cream).  BTW, I love French toast.  And I would love to have some right now...or any time.

See, my mom taught me to add half and half... there must be different ways to make it.  I've never tried water, I'll have to see how that is-- less calories! 

• Love 2

See, my mom taught me to add half and half... there must be different ways to make it.  I've never tried water, I'll have to see how that is-- less calories! 

And they still taste sooo good.   I love scrambled eggs - not as much as French toast but I would never turn them down if offered.

• Love 2

I think antagonizing Carole/Heather was a severe miscalculation because it doesn't leave her with many safe allies for S8. Kristen is probably gone/marginalized, Bethenny is pretending to be Switzerland, Ramonja are an unpredictable mess. All that remains is Dorinda? I think Doris is on the verge of the dreaded unfavorable 2nd season edit, so I'm not so sure cozying up to her is a great idea either.

I think all these women hamstrung having to play up to Bethenny.   Bethenny said to Luann, "you do some of your best work in the bathroom." Who would ever speak to someone again who said that about you ?  They have to with Bethenny.  Where Luann gets into trouble is when she plays up these vixen opportunities-that night at the menopausal meat market place when Luann was with Eric, it was a joke she was taking him to the ladies room.  You can't with a hundred people in a restaurant/bar sashay off (with cameras in tow) and screw in the ladies room.  Feral Carole  plays it up and makes it seem like truth.  Luann is left with constantly having to either defend her sexual side or claim she can do what she wants because Carole makes exaggerated claims.  Just as she knows Sonja and Luann weren't having sex with the 21 year old houseboy it becomes Luann has sex with young boys.  I am wondering did he houseboy get naked or was he just out there with them when they were swimming?  Bethenny sits around and cackles and when she sees a way in takes someone down leaving her the center of attention. 

Since Bethenny is running the show these days, Bethenny needs fresh material for her stale jokes.  She freely takes shots at Luann, Sonja,  and Ramona, she has her cub reporter Carole getting back to her when she is unwilling to go to an event or leaves early.  She pretty much ignores Kristen and puts Dorinda down everytime she speaks to her, so all Bethenny can hope for is getting Sonja, Ramona, Luann and Dorinda in unflattering positions so she can flap her jaw.  Heather just failed miserably trying to take Bethenny down-and was her usual weasel self having to out Luann for talk about Bethenny early in the season.  All I can say is the difference between  Bethenny and Heather they may both know where all the bodies are buried but Bethenny rarely takes out the shovel.  She works with what is front of the camera not the bringing in off camera scenes with the exception of that stupid stolen dress stuff.  Judging by Part 1 of the Reunion any progress Heather made trying to get in with Bethenny has been stalled. 

One thing Bethenny knows is what makes for a good show and especially what makes for a good show for her.  There is zero upside to Kristen, not much with Heather because Heather cannot shut up, and that leaves the three old stooges and Dorinda.  I think Luann will be the next one in Bethenny's sights. I differ from many on here in that I don't think Luann did this stuff to keep her apple-after last year's disaster and the rotating and withholding apples the producers made the apple holding meaningless.  Luann made the same money as Ramona, had more parties, got a late start and ruled the Reunion last year-she will be back.  Bethenny and Carole need Luann more so than Ramona because she is just as able to work the scenes as Bethenny.   

• Love 3

During this scene Luann did say shit happens but she was repeating what Sonja said a split second before. That is what the closed captions shows. Your first picture shows Kristen. The second one shows Luann and Sonja. It is right at that moment that there is a sort of delay in absorbing what Kristen says and then Sonja is turning around and SHE says shit happens and then Luann kind of parrots it, shit happens. So I always meant to post: I wonder if Luann would have said that if Sonja had not said it first. I think Sonja said it to break the tension of finding that out at that moment. I really don't think that Shit Happens is what Luann would have said if it had not been said first. She was just repeating it in a humorous way to deflect a little bit at that moment.

I do think that Luann doesn't have a problem with destination hook ups with married men. If she thinks she won't come across them again, or their wives. I think if it is in her circle, she won't go with the married men.

Excellent point...I believe also LuAnn was just parroting Sonja. Though she knew she was being filmed. Sometimes it's better not to incriminate yourself. But I feel LuAnn is trying to be open and share her life, as she lives it. I agree she may have a perspective about one night stands that might differ from some. Her sex life and peccadilloes unfortunately have become public fodder. Discussions and rehashing everyone's words and sleuthing has become part of the HW experience. She's earning her apple at the expense of public knowledge most keep hidden. Her children, no doubt, have heard it all by now.

Was it prudent of LuAnn to make part of this year's story about her niece Nicole and her painful breakup with Adam...I wonder? Were Carole & LuAnn work friends...it appeared that way to me? Now that LuAnn gave Andy the message on WWHL to share with Carole that she DROPPED the Carole, Adam and Nicole thing can they still work together? LuAnn claims to never have been friends with Carole...is that true or does she feel this way after Heather backed up by Carole threw LuAnn under the bus regarding her toast to take Bethenny down (B-DownGate)? Will LuAnn bring up Ghostwriter-Gate to get back at Carole by saying her SIL wrote her first book? The depth of the negativity surrounding Carole and LuAnn has been rehashed and will continue to be a serious flaw for both ladies. I don't see an amicable solution to their angst at this time.

I have absolutely no negative feelings regarding Carole if she had used a ghost writer. She deserves the credit for her book. Sorry for being so long winded on this topic.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I don't think Luann said the toast in a serious manner. I think it was in jest. And I think it was kind of lame to bring it up during the reunion. I think there was discussion among them when they found out b was coming back and it was probably said in a silly manner while still having a grain of truth. Yeah they want to put b in the place they think she should be, but it wasn't a take her down man toast. So I was cringing when Heather was making it to be more than I think it was.

LuAnn and Bethenny have never gotten along and I think LuAnn was serious in wanting to bring Bethenny down. LuAnn lost her apple last season and with 8 HW's this season she had to be worried it could happen again. Although Heather was not nice in revealing that, I get why she did, it was said to highlight/show LuAnn's ongoing hypocrisy, say 1 thing but do something all together different.

https://society6.com/product/fucking-fuck-fuck-fuckety-fuck_mug#27=199

someone might have to send this to Dorinda and Lu.

OMGoodness...Heather would probably get a laugh out of that coffee mug also. If she decides to leave RHONY after this season I hope Carole gets it for her as a going away gift, lol.

I will miss Heather...they all have stirred the pot this year...some more than others. It's a shame that Heather feels she has to leave. Hope she can come back as a friend next season.

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

Does anyone know more about Lu and her ex-husband's marriage? Did they have an open marriage because Lu wanted it that way, or was it mutual? I wonder if they were honest with Victoria and Know-Elle about that arrangement.

LuAnn and the Count were separated when the show began, but pretended to still be married. So both were "dating". I think there are very few actual "open" marriages out there.

• Love 1

LuAnn and the Count were separated when the show began, but pretended to still be married. So both were "dating". I think there are very few actual "open" marriages out there.

Thank you! I didn't know that. Do you know if one cheated on the other before they were officially separated? The Jacques relationship makes me speculate about Lu's ability to remain monogamous.
  • Love 2

Thank you! I didn't know that. Do you know if one cheated on the other before they were officially separated? The Jacques relationship makes me speculate about Lu's ability to remain monogamous.

No I have no idea. I'm not sure how long they had been separated when the show started. I think the Count initiated the divorce so he could marry the Princess (sorry can't remember her name). Jacques came later.

Eta: I think Lu would have been content to stay pretend married to the Count and have side benefits forever. The Count fell in love and changed the rules.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 5

No I have no idea. I'm not sure how long they had been separated when the show started. I think the Count initiated the divorce so he could marry the Princess (sorry can't remember her name). Jacques came later.

Eta: I think Lu would have been content to stay pretend married to the Count and have side benefits forever. The Count fell in love and changed the rules.

I think their separation was more about him spending more and more time overseas. They certainly did couple things together, he just pushed the issue when he announced he was pursuing the African princess and had no use for Luann.  it was Ramona who threw out the open marriage accusation-much like the Bethenny cheating allegation.  Ramona just lets stuff fly from her yap.

• Love 4

I think their separation was more about him spending more and more time overseas. They certainly did couple things together, he just pushed the issue when he announced he was pursuing the African princess and had no use for Luann.  it was Ramona who threw out the open marriage accusation-much like the Bethenny cheating allegation.  Ramona just lets stuff fly from her yap.

Yes, but I think Lu was ok with him being gone. She did her thing, he did his thing all while being Mrs. DeLesseps the Countess. They had a brownstone in the city (I think rented?) and a beautiful estate in the Hamptons. She was a Real Housewife, life was good........until the Count fell in love and wanted a divorce.

• Love 5