Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

Just caught "the countess" selling her countess line complete with countess logo on a shopping channel. She was really selling the heck out of the style and benefits of her pieces and showed how many mixed and matched together. Most items were $40-50 in range with $5 shipping. I have to say she seemed engaged and invested in her collection and it actually exists!

• Love 3

WTH!?! LOL LuAnn looks like she is trying to look 25, while Jill is channeling 85! LOL      JMO

Are we sure that's Lu and not some dude channeling his inner Countess? Jill ...there are no words. Well except for "schmatta".  

• Love 6
Mein Gott, the resemblance:

No kidding!  Caitlyn and Luann have the same stylist or shop at the same stores or something.  And have the same hair dresser.  And possibly the same makeup artist.  

vanity-fair-jnner.png?w=670CountessMoneyStill01.jpg

They both look pretty darn good, I'll give them both that.  But I just never dug the long hair on Luann. 

• Love 5

OMG.  Dead.  I love when someone finds the perfect photo - and that one of Lu is right on the money, CR.

Caitlyn's pictures.  I hate that her hands are behind her back like that.  It's either a statement or her hands are very masculine and would've clashed with the very feminine image?  It looks like she's trying to hide something.  I mean, maybe that's the statement.  But whatever...it's an odd pose and I don't love it.  But I'm going to trust that Annie Liebowitz and VF knows what they were doing.

• Love 1

I am just a humble caveman lawyer (going way back, SNL fans; also not a caveman or lawyer), but wouldn't the Clarssy thing to do, when you see you've upset your friend, is simply apologize for putting her in (what she perceives to be) an awkward position. That's how we do good manners here in the caves anyway. 

• Love 2

Caitlyn can still hit a golf ball about 300 yards-I think it is because her arms are muscular but not in the Tina Turner way.  With as rough as people are on Kyle and her man hands that last thing Caitlyn needs is to be exposed to that.  I pity her the first time she puts on open toed shoes. 

No kidding! Caitlyn and Luann have the same stylist or shop at the same stores or something. And have the same hair dresser. And possibly the same makeup artist.

vanity-fair-jnner.png?w=670CountessMoneyStill01.jpg

They both look pretty darn good, I'll give them both that. But I just never dug the long hair on Luann.

They both look great! It so helps to be tall.

Does anyone know how LuAnn's clothes are selling? I've seen some reviews on a few of the pieces, so obviously some people are buying them. I can't believe how hyped her singing was (duet with Natalie Cole??) and this - something that actually could be, you know, a career move - barely gets mentioned on RHoNY.

• Love 1

Does anyone know how LuAnn's clothes are selling? I've seen some reviews on a few of the pieces, so obviously some people are buying them. I can't believe how hyped her singing was (duet with Natalie Cole??) and this - something that actually could be, you know, a career move - barely gets mentioned on RHoNY.

Haven't seen any sales figures but, after surfing eVine, I feel like the biggest obstacle is most of the items could be nearly duplicated at Macy's or Kohl's (unless Lu has some kind of exclusive arrangement with a designer, her buying team is getting the merchandise in the garment district and slapping on a Countess Collection label). The capes are different but the average woman might find capes a tough look to carry off. I can't remember: did she ever have a jewelry line? I think there was some kind of picnic accessories collection ("darling, it's so perfect for a day at the polo fields or on the yacht") too.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, Lu is no longer live tweeting during the show?

I find it funny that she lost her mind for couple weeks and is now back as if nothing happened ☺.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3
I find it funny that she lost her mind for couple weeks and is now back as if nothing happened

I guess she fired that rumored intern? :) Then again, LuAnn's self-proclaimed motto was once "never complain, never explain." 

I've been making my way through S3 and had forgotten that drinks get-together with Lu, Sonja, and Kelly in the Hamptons. Kelly says her dream man is a guy who can play pool and drink beer - and here Lu starts cackling in shock - and be equally cool with going to the Met. And I think that makes sense…it's just a spin on the personal ad I've seen sooooo many straight guys place, for a woman who's "equally at home in jeans and watching the game, and a dress in heels for a night out." But LuAnn just thought it was the most hilarious thing and seemed to find it bizarre that Kelly would want someone who shoots pool and drinks beer. Is this really the same woman who talked about eating ribs in a bar? In her TH she said "good luck with that."

I thought Kelly's description made sense, actually. Or at least, it was something I would want more than "short French men that can dominate" :)

• Love 3

I guess she fired that rumored intern? :) Then again, LuAnn's self-proclaimed motto was once "never complain, never explain." 

I think she just took his Twitter password away. Someone who is not Luann is still writing her blog.

• Love 1

Jenner is definitely styles similar to Luann. And heaven knows the photoshop ferries have sprinkled som dust on each. But the pose reminds me more of this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48220121@N06/4417025810/

Supposedly the photographer posed her like this to hide the needle tracks on her arms.  One thing I don't like about the Jenner shoot is that instead of embracing anything approaching a more diverse aesthetic for women- they posed/clothes/teased/made up/lit (and photoshopped) the images to look like 952 other photo shoots. Others obviously disagree.

This side trip also reminds me how this supposedly diverse/cultured/accepting group of women like to go right to man/t***** jokes to cut someone down to size. I've never been a fan of that or the line of thought that referencing a man in female terms is the ultimate insult.

• Love 4

I've been meaning to ask this for some time…how did LuAnn get the nickname "Crackerjacks?" I've seen her referred to "Countess Crackerjacks" on different message boards for several years now.

The explanation I remember: "...because they pulled the title from a box of Cracker Jack." Kind of like the fake diamond rings* that once in a great while were the box "prize" -- momentarily pretty but essentially worthless.

*This was a long time ago. Does CJ still have box prizes?

The explanation I remember: "...because they pulled the title from a box of Cracker Jack." Kind of like the fake diamond rings* that once in a great while were the box "prize" -- momentarily pretty but essentially worthless.

I literally just ate a small bag of Crackerjacks at my desk, the prize was a major league baseball sticker, Go O's!

• Love 2

Thanks! I figured it was something similar to that old joke ("where'd you get that ring, a box of Crackerjacks?")…but since Sonja revealed last season that LuAnn's got a thing for economy-sized bags of potato chips, I didn't know if it had to do with her being a snacker :)

• Love 1

Thanks! I figured it was something similar to that old joke ("where'd you get that ring, a box of Crackerjacks?")…but since Sonja revealed last season that LuAnn's got a thing for economy-sized bags of potato chips, I didn't know if it had to do with her being a snacker :)

Heh, might be that, too -- and, for the first time since this show bounced into existence I have something in common with minor European nobility (mmmm, chips....)

Was that from Richard Lawson when he was recapping RHoNY for Gawker? He was first person I recall using Countess Crackerjacks moniker. That was 5 or 6 years ago.

• Love 1

Was that from Richard Lawson when he was recapping RHoNY for Gawker? He was first person I recall using Countess Crackerjacks moniker. That was 5 or 6 years ago.

Very possible -- I saw that phrase years ago on TWoP and I know Lawson's stuff was always linked.

Actually, I asked the same question today at Brian Moylan's NY Mag site and someone replied that it was in fact Richard Lawson who coined the term!

Actually, I asked the same question today at Brian Moylan's NY Mag site and someone replied that it was in fact Richard Lawson who coined the term!

I saw that. In fact it was Dame Moylan himself who answered. As much as I love Brian's recaps, I adored Richard's. I've been in love with Richard's loopy poetic prose from the moment he started posting as LolCait. Someone else mentioned Countess Crackerjacks' escapades with Hits McGee, which totally brought me back.

LOL economy sized potato chips, omg what Sonja even talking about. I don't think I understood but I was laughing hard.

(edited)

I am really surprised at Lu's reaction to Carole dating Adam. Both she and Sonja seem to have an odd attitude that because Adam works for Lu it is inappropriate to date him. But, it seems to me it would be much more awkward having an actual relative - her niece date someone who works for her because if it ended badly, things could get really tense.

But having someone who is in Lu's social circle and isn't like to be spending a great deal of time around Lu or her niece would seem pretty normal to me.

I get it might be awkward if the niece still had feelings for Adam, but it seems they ended on good terms about a year prior to this, so what is the big deal? Am I missing something with Lu's reaction to this?

I find this idea of "the help" not intermingling with the Olympians perplexing. How exactly did LuAnn and THE COUNT meet and court if those hallowed halls could not be breached? Was she not mixing with her "betters"-- "Polite Society".

What about Sonja "with a j"? How was the TITAN toppled?

Edited by Lisin

I watched the extended scene of the ladies' dinner and I have to say, Luann lost me after that.  She's talked in her blog and her THs that Ramona was awful to her during her divorce.  It seems to me that instead of rising above it and being there for Ramona, Luann has taken every opportunity to be just as nasty to Ramona during hers.  I would have had so much more respect for Luann if she could have done like Bethenny and Dorinda and just listened to Ramona.

• Love 1

See, I actually came away from the extended scene liking Luann a lot more than I normally do. Between her sage advice about downsizing in that scene and her getting ambushed by Ramona at the dinner with John, I think Lu doesn't always get credit for being one of the more shrewd HWs. 

Ramona hides behind her crazy and claims to "tell it like it is," but both scenes showed me she's every bit of a liar and a snake as the other women. She twists the details of her marriage and turned on the waterworks when Luann was merely pointing out the obvious. That it might be a wise move to downsize. It wasn't a stealth attack; downsizing yet maintaining a comfortable living is precisely what Luann did, and she seems to be the most financially and emotionally stable HW post-divorce.

• Love 4

Chiming in to say that I love the whole concept of LuAnn's clothing line, from the prices to being made in NYC to the fact it is actually produced and sold.* Well done, Countess.

*Sorry, Sonja!

• Love 4

LuAnn is releasing her new song on WWHL Tuesday. I might check this one out.

Oh, just fab, what's she calling this one -- eVine Divine?

Darling peasant, you'll look fine

When you buy my eVine line.

So exquisite, tres divine

Pirates dig La Belle eVine.

• Love 9

I think Luann is my all time favorite.  What's not to love?  She looks fab and can deliver the shiv so subtly you have to re-wind to make sure you heard what you heard and she doesn't break a sweat!

I'm also OK with her being a bitch to Romoaner--if anyone on this earth deserves a come-uppance it is that nasty cow. 

• Love 4

LOL economy sized potato chips, omg what Sonja even talking about. I don't think I understood but I was laughing hard.

Sonja had lost her mind at that point, but I believe the whole "Potato ships!  Luann was buying giant economy sized bags of potato ships!" meant that Luann fronts being a Klassy Kountess, but secretly scarfs down giant bags of potato ships so Lu is no less a faker than Sonja is so she shouldn't talk about Sonja being delusional. 

I could be wrong!  It's not easy to understand people who have lost their mind and are way drunk on top of it.

• Love 5
(edited)

Her song, Girl Code, is the best of the housewives songs so far! Which means I didn't hate it immediately.

Wow, that skirt she wore was practically a diaper!

Edited by wizdum
  • Love 1

What the hell is going on the forums these days?  I can't directly quote posts anymore...very frustrating.

KFC said

See, I actually came away from the extended scene liking Luann a lot more than I normally do. Between her sage advice about downsizing in that scene and her getting ambushed by Ramona at the dinner with John, I think Lu doesn't always get credit for being one of the more shrewd HWs.

Ramona hides behind her crazy and claims to "tell it like it is," but both scenes showed me she's every bit of a liar and a snake as the other women. She twists the details of her marriage and turned on the waterworks when Luann was merely pointing out the obvious. That it might be a wise move to downsize. It wasn't a stealth attack; downsizing yet maintaining a comfortable living is precisely what Luann did, and she seems to be the most financially and emotionally stable HW post-divorce.

Oh Ramona is definitely a snake and has said some truly horrible things to the other ladies.  I just found it a tad hypocritical of Luann to be telling Ramona that she needs to downsize RIGHT THIS INSTANCE.  How many years was it after Luann's own divorce before she sold her Hampton's home?  She's in the middle of her divorce Luann.  As Bethenny would say, get off her jock.  She'll sell the house when she's ready to.

See, I didn't really get a "downsize right now!" impression from Luann. Ramona literally asked which house she should keep, which prompted Luann's "which house is more valuable?" question and the conversation about downsizing. To me, Luann wasn't really being hypocritical... Ramona was just being a drama queen with her typical, "you don't know what it's like! my problems are so unique!" tears.

• Love 7
Wow, that skirt she wore was practically a diaper!

I trust there was some (or a lot) of double-sided tape involved, because that was a serious wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

I can't tell if Victoria was just her usual blase self or if she wanted to be anywhere else but WWHL.

I got a kick out of the song though nothing will ever take the place of Money Can't Buy You Class and her groovy music producer. If Jill is in the video of Girl Code, I just might change my mind. Yikes on that skirt. It was reminiscent of one of Kelly's vulva valences.

• Love 1

I got a kick out of the song though nothing will ever take the place of Money Can't Buy You Class and her groovy music producer. If Jill is in the video of Girl Code, I just might change my mind. Yikes on that skirt. It was reminiscent of one of Kelly's vulva valences.

I thought the song was great for HW standards.

At least it's catchy.

Her live lip sync performance was so entertaining. Jill in the background singing be cool..would make my day

Your descriptions....ROFS

• Love 1

I thought the song was great for HW standards.

At least it's catchy.

Her live lip sync performance was so entertaining. Jill in the background singing be cool..would make my day

Your descriptions....ROFS

I wish I could claim it as my own.

Just watched part of Slutty Island and had totally forgotten Ramona's description of LuAnn: "voice of a man, but not the balls."

That was great!  LOL

I didn't see last season so I was happy to find it in my cable guide last night and recorded it this morning.  It's too bad I didn't realize it was a "to be continued" episode because I didn't record the next episode.  :(