Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I completely get what you're saying, motorcitymom. Luann repeatedly said that it's okay to fuck younger men, but not get involved with them, and yet she was in a serious relationship with a considerable age difference herself for quite some time. Therefore, there is a form of hypocrisy there: why is it okay for the Count to be involved with a significantly younger woman and not okay for a woman to get involved with a significantly younger man? Why is it okay for Luann to be in a serious relationship with an age gap and yet not Carole? Makes total sense to me.

I believe the reason the double standard exists with older woman/younger man is that a woman who is 22 years older and 50, is not able to have children.  Whereas a man 42 year old man marrying a 27 year old woman can have children.  These are not my rules, or even a debate worth having.  My friends who sons have been in a relationship with a women much older and out of the baby market, usually express the lack of children at the top of the list.  My friends who have daughters with older boyfriends or husband usually cite the possibility of having to take care of an aging husband.

In Carole's case she married a man incapable of having children and sadly had to care for him for the duration of the five year marriage.  Luann had the kids, but the husband moved on to a younger woman.   

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:03 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm not sure how this wasn't hypocrisy, nor do I agree that Lu didn't act like the age thing was part of the problem.  If she didn't have an issue with the age deal, why did she continuously bring it up to shame Carole? If she was really upset about the Niece, why did she say it would be OK for Carole to have fun with him, but not have a relationship with him? She made it sound like just having a one night stand with him would have been fine, but don't go trying to put a ring on it. Since she did more than have a couple of one night stands with the Count and his big age difference, how in the world is it not hypocritical for her to say that Carole was wrong? Is there a specific number of years that would elevate this to hypocrisy? As far as I am aware, hypocrisy is judging another person for behavior that you yourself have engaged in. Both Carole and Lu had relationships with people where large age gaps prevailed. As far as I am aware, Carole never judged Lu for marrying a much older man. It seems like whenever we talk about hypocrisy, there are always examples put forward to show that two situations are not exactly the same. No two situations are ever exactly the same, but doesn't mean that hypocrisy doesn't exist. 

The niece came before the age thing or the help thing.  It is viewers that keep screwing up the order.   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/videos/the-chef-is-out-of-the-bag  It had more to do with the circumstances of Luann and her niece spending time together and talking about Adam, where they met, and when they met.  Carole doesn't care about Nicole's feelings and said in so in her confessional.  They ended with, Nicole and Adam were travelling to Nicaragua  (with a group) and  we will figure it out. 

Since all the drama, Luann has moved on and wished them well.  The clock stops when you wish someone the best or apologize.  What Luann felt a year earlier isn't the same as she felt a year later.  Whether her feelings were genuine and she saw the light, or pressure and doesn't want the divide to continue is I guess this year's story.  Luann has said she doesn't have relationships with twenty-somethings, which is very different than age difference. Her marrying a 40 something when she is in her twenties is not the same thing as her in her late forties/almost 50, saying she doesn't have long term relationships with men in their twenties.  In any event Luann never denied being with a twenty something.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Since all the drama, Luann has moved on and wished them well.  The clock stops when you wish someone the best or apologize.  What Luann felt a year earlier isn't the same as she felt a year later.  Whether her feelings were genuine and she saw the light, or pressure and doesn't want the divide to continue is I guess this year's story.  Luann has said she doesn't have relationships with twenty-somethings, which is very different than age difference. Her marrying a 40 something when she is in her twenties is not the same thing as her in her late forties/almost 50, saying she doesn't have long term relationships with men in their twenties.  In any event Luann never denied being with a twenty something.

That isn't quite accurate. This fight kept going after the season ended, the pedophile comment, and Luann did not apologize to Carole and she waited for the cameras to even say anything half decent to her, "wishing them well". I have to wonder if Luann saying anything is based on the simple fact that Carole and Bethenny are so tight now, more than any other reason such as feeling bad about things she said last season. I do agree that both Luann and Carole owe each other apologies at this point but I don't think sincere apologies will happen and/or make a difference. 

• Love 4
On June 8, 2016 at 11:57 AM, zoeysmom said:

The clock doesn't always stop with an apology. So Lu feels differently now. So what? Does that mean that Carole has to feel differently? Lu understands this all as well as anyone, which is why I don't think she will press it all that hard. I think she will basically leave Carole to deal with her feelings without a lot of pressure. After all, look how long it took for Lu to get over the things Ramona said/did. She told Ramona off in the most glorious fashion a couple of reunions ago (when she was going through the divorce and didn't want to talk about it) regarding things that Ramona had said years earlier. Last season began with Ramona giving Lu an apology, and Lu saying she would need some time and proof that Ramona really had changed. In her TH interview she said that she could never forgive Ramona for things said years before, and that she was going to be very careful with her. Completely understandable and I was rooting Lu on. Just because Ramona had decided that she didn't feel the same way about Lu didn't mean that Lu had to agree. Both Lu and Carole have said their relationship is in a better place today.  

• Love 5
On June 8, 2016 at 0:21 PM, WireWrap said:

That isn't quite accurate. This fight kept going after the season ended, the pedophile comment, and Luann did not apologize to Carole and she waited for the cameras to even say anything half decent to her, "wishing them well". I have to wonder if Luann saying anything is based on the simple fact that Carole and Bethenny are so tight now, more than any other reason such as feeling bad about things she said last season. I do agree that both Luann and Carole owe each other apologies at this point but I don't think sincere apologies will happen and/or make a difference. 

I honestly wonder how much Beth and Carole's relationship plays into the fact that Lu wants to patch things up with Carole. When she was going at her last season they were just getting to know each other, but became very close after filming wrapped. Since it is clear that Lu wants very much to be on Beth's good side, I don't doubt that she would like to not have a big enemy in Carole. 

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

For what it's worth, Carole did say on WWHL that her and Luann do find some resolution. That doesn't necessarily mean apologies or a revived friendship but I get the impression that whatever happened, they are at least at a point where Carole will not follow up every event invitation with a 'will Luann be going?'. So much has happened in this season already that I feel like the reunion is only a few weeks ago yet I can't see how we're going to see what Carole is hinting at anytime soon. Oh well, will keep us tuned in!

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

For what it's worth, Carole did say on WWHL that her and Luann do find some resolution. That doesn't necessarily mean apologies or a revived friendship but I get the impression that whatever happened, they are at least at a point where Carole will not follow up every event invitation with a 'will Luann be going?'. So much has happened in this season already that I feel like the reunion is only a few weeks ago yet I can't see how we're going to see what Carole is hinting at anytime soon. Oh well, will keep us tuned int!

I think we will see Luann actually apologize to Carole soon,

Spoiler

next episode soon

LOL. That may be the ice breaker needed between the 2.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Since it is clear that Lu wants very much to be on Beth's good side, I don't doubt that she would like to not have a big enemy in Carole. 

Even if Lu had lips the size of Lisa Rinna's and Taylor's combined, they'd still not be big enough to do all the ass kissing it will require to get on Beth's good side.

They both said some pretty awful things to each other.  But to Bethenny, when Lu made fun of her face during the argument?  Ohhh, SkinnyGirl did not like that one bit. Beth may have forgiven Ramona for saying that she would always be alone but Lu's remark and imitation?  Owie. She's not likely to forget that anytime soon.

rhony-luann.jpg

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Even if Lu had lips the size of Lisa Rinna's and Taylor's combined, they'd still not be big enough to do all the ass kissing it will require to get on Beth's good side.

They both said some pretty awful things to each other.  But to Bethenny, when Lu made fun of her face during the argument?  Ohhh, SkinnyGirl did not like that one bit. Beth may have forgiven Ramona for saying that she would always be alone but Lu's remark and imitation?  Owie. She's not likely to forget that anytime soon.

rhony-luann.jpg

True but up until Bethenny went in on Luann at Dorinda's, Luann was trying to claw her way into Bethenny's inner circle. Now add in Luann's new drink and she will foreever be on the outs with Bethenny. LOL

(edited)
51 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The clock doesn't always stop with an apology. So Lu feels differently now. So what? Does that mean that Carole has to feel differently? Lu understands this all as well as anyone, which is why I don't think she will press it all that hard. I think she will basically leave Carole to deal with her feelings without a lot of pressure. After all, look how long it took for Lu to get over the things Ramona said/did. She told Ramona off in the most glorious fashion a couple of reunions ago (when she was going through the divorce and didn't want to talk about it) regarding things that Ramona had said years earlier. Last season began with Ramona giving Lu an apology, and Lu saying she would need some time and proof that Ramona really had changed. In her TH interview she said that she could never forgive Ramona for things said years before, and that she was going to be very careful with her. Completely understandable and I was rooting Lu on. Just because Ramona had decided that she didn't feel the same way about Lu didn't mean that Lu had to agree. Both Lu and Carole have said their relationship is in a better place today.  

What I mean by the clock stopping is if I have hurt your feelings  in June of 2014, and I apologize in January of 2015, in June of 2016, you can't pretend there was no apology was offered.  Accepted is a different story.  In other words you can't say, it has been two years since Zoeysmom hurt my feelings and nothing.  The more correct way would be to say Zoeysmom hurt my feelings two years ago and eighteen  months later I am still not willing to accept her apology. 

The difference with Ramona is the first season she wanted to be Luann's friend and Luann was pretty gentle with her.  At the Reunion (I posted it on the Memory Lane thread as it was actually billed as an extended episode of WWHL).  When asked about certain situations Luann would throw out the appropriate etiquette (you leave before dinner is served not during if you have a conflicting commitment) and Bethenny made just as many corrections to Ramona's behavior.  Luann didn't know anyone but Jill before the first season.  Jill knew everyone except Alex and Simon.  Out the gate Ramona was trying to woo Luann.

Second season, Ramona screws up big time by calling Alex deLesseps and old man in front of Victoria, at Luann's charity event and instead of apologizing keeps going at it.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-2/videos/ramona-vs-the-countess  Was Ramona out of line-yeah she had the ages and everything wrong.  Luann was 27 the Count 42 when they got married.  That was the first of many an insult and quite frankly made up bullshit by Ramona.

Here is the rehash by Bethenny and Ramona:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-2/videos/calling-a-spade-a-spade  Luann never said Mario wasn't good looking.  Not what Ramona heard. 

And here is where Luann blows it with Bethenny by suggesting she tone it down:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-2/videos/have-you-met-bethenny

Edited by zoeysmom
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

True but up until Bethenny went in on Luann at Dorinda's, Luann was trying to claw her way into Bethenny's inner circle. Now add in Luann's new drink and she will foreever be on the outs with Bethenny. LOL

And it's not just a new drink, it's a line of vodkas, The Countess Collection. Dare we call it a "brand"?

Looks like it was supposed to have launched almost a year ago. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

Even if it was real, there is no way Bethenny would care.  "The Countess Collection" would be fine, it wouldn't be a cheater brand, and no one would be trying to profit by the free publicity of tweaking Bethenny's nose and getting story on RHNY for free.

She supported Ramona's wine launch.

This is just so dumb.  Sonja doesn't have a "wine."  She is a shill for a crook, who wants free publicity for his bar.  He wants press and air time mentioning the name.  That's it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Even if it was real, there is no way Bethenny would care.  "The Countess Collection" would be fine, it wouldn't be a cheater brand, and no one would be trying to profit by the free publicity of tweaking Bethenny's nose and getting story on RHNY for free.

She supported Ramona's wine launch.

This is just so dumb.  Sonja doesn't have a "wine."  She is a shill for a crook, who wants free publicity for his bar.  He wants press and air time mentioning the name.  That's it.

Ramona's wine launch was in 2010, Bethenny's SKG launch was 2011, so really, Bethenny rode on Ramona's coat tails. And, Bethenny didn't have wine at first, she again, followed Ramona in the wine business and announced it on the show last season, which didn't bother Ramona even though Bethenny/SKG wine got more screen/camera time that Ramona's wines.

No, Sonja doesn't have a wine, she is only the face of someone else's wine, which makes Bethenny's anger at her even more questionable IMO. She should be blasting Peter/partners and not Sonja.

• Love 4

No, she shouldn't blast any of them, it just gives them exactly what they wanted if she does, publicity.  That's also why she won't film with Sonja, because obviously that is Sonja's "job" for being the face, get into it with Bethenny, so it will get both airtime and press.

"just spell the name right."

• Love 1

"No fucks to give" has been around much longer than Bethenny or Erika. 

I think Bethenny cares enough to not be used by the shyster, but that's it.  She knows he'll fail, he's just in it to steal investors money.  She doesn't want to give him anymore publicity, which he will get if there are more scenes between Bethenny and Sonja.  So?  Nope.

I liked Luann's melmac (?spelling) picnic/pool plates.  I wonder how they are doing?  Her clothes though?  OMG!  The only thing over $50 is a $63 cape, most are in the $10-$35 range, so I'll give her credit for pricing them at what they are worth.  The "Countess Collection" isn't a bad name either, but she's kind of wrecking that brand with the horrible clothes.  I wonder if her dinnerware is selling?

• Love 1

Bethenny is certainly a know it all.  She worked her ass off to make it though, and frankly, I don't think any of these bozos, other than Heather, know just how hard it is to make something yourself, promote it, deal with contracts, make decisions, and spend most of your time trying to make it succeed. 

Bethenny's had a ton of flops out there, so I kind of hope she meant it when she told her staff to come up with good stuff.  She's ruining her brand by slapping her name on inferior products, inexpensive is fine, and it's kind of her thing.  Cheap crap isn't not OK when branding.  One of her lip glosses was at a Grocery Outlet store for $1.  I tried it.  It was super sticky, almost like tacky glue, but worse, the container broke the first time I used it, lid would not go back on.  Weirdly enough it did look good on, but a passing mosquito would be trapped in there it was so thick/sticky.

As far as the Countess Collection?  I don't think everything was ugly, but from the ratings, super cheap looking on, or shrunk when washed.  It's bad when clothes don't even look good on models, and most of the pants looked like floods.   I actually liked this one lightweight open duster sweater thing she has, but it has 2 stars as a rating.  So, yeah, no.

Now her plates seemed a bit over priced, but still, attractive around a pool, or with kids.  Still, how many of us have pools?  Anyone know if it's still selling?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Bethenny is certainly a know it all.  She worked her ass off to make it though, and frankly, I don't think any of these bozos, other than Heather, know just how hard it is to make something yourself, promote it, deal with contracts, make decisions, and spend most of your time trying to make it succeed. 

Bethenny's had a ton of flops out there, so I kind of hope she meant it when she told her staff to come up with good stuff.  She's ruining her brand by slapping her name on inferior products, inexpensive is fine, and it's kind of her thing.  Cheap crap isn't not OK when branding.  One of her lip glosses was at a Grocery Outlet store for $1.  I tried it.  It was super sticky, almost like tacky glue, but worse, the container broke the first time I used it, lid would not go back on.  Weirdly enough it did look good on, but a passing mosquito would be trapped in there it was so thick/sticky.

As far as the Countess Collection?  I don't think everything was ugly, but from the ratings, super cheap looking on, or shrunk when washed.  It's bad when clothes don't even look good on models, and most of the pants looked like floods.   I actually liked this one lightweight open duster sweater thing she has, but it has 2 stars as a rating.  So, yeah, no.

Now her plates seemed a bit over priced, but still, attractive around a pool, or with kids.  Still, how many of us have pools?  Anyone know if it's still selling?

Yes, Bethenny worked hard but she did it so because of her fan base from the NY show, not on her own, say like Heather did. They are not equal, Heather/Bethenny, IMO. I do not think Bethenny would have been a success in the liquor business had it not been for the show. Her "shapewear" line hasn't gone anywhere at all and her food products are mainly found in the clearance aisles or the discount stores.

Ramona had a successful business before joining the show, a business she started without having a fan base/show to launch it on like Bethenny did. As for Luann's CC clothing line, while it is not my taste, the prices you list include items (the majority) that are on clearance and those clearance prices are average for that shopping channel. The ratings are low, very low, on most of the clearance items and it looks like her jewelry line, except for 1 bracelet, is no longer available.

• Love 4

Bethenny herself says she would have never made it without the show.  Hell, that's the entire reason she went on the show in the first place.  I do consider that "working for it" though.

Ramona's only non-Mario business was the retail outlet stuff, and she did seem great at that.  She quit it though.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Bethenny herself says she would have never made it without the show.  Hell, that's the entire reason she went on the show in the first place.  I do consider that "working for it" though.

Ramona's only non-Mario business was the retail outlet stuff, and she did seem great at that.  She quit it though.

Therein lies the rub, there would be no show without an ensemble cast and that seems to be the part Bethenny overlooks.  Her self-proclaimed "break out star" was on the backs of the rest of the cast and that is where the resentment began.  Jill obviously acted like an ass, Ramona took up with every gossip columnist to get her own publicity, Alex and Simon just could not generate press and Luann stayed out of the picture. 

The best example is Season 2 and Bethenny gets the cover of Social Life Magazine-a magazine that is about Hamptons social scene and luxury living.  With four members of the cast with homes in the Hamptons, (Jill, Ramona, Kelly and Luann) isn't rather strange the chef to celebrities gets a layout and the cover?  It would be like John getting the cover as dry cleaners to the celebrities.  So essentially Bethenny stayed with Jill, Ramona and Luann and then took the magazine for herself.  Luann showed her disdain with the airbrush comment, Ramona was fake and sucked up to Bethenny and congratulated her, Kelly ignored her and then got her own spread in the magazine.  So she did use the others to forward her career and I believe that is why she goes off on Luann when Luann brings up Skinnygirl.  Without a cast member to play off of there would have been no requests for the infamous " A Skinny Girl's Margarita" or as Luann called it "Skinny Girl".

The fact that Bethenny owns she was out for herself and did not want to share the spotlight doesn't make it okay.  So when Jill wanted to freeze her out of shooting it came from the place that Bethenny wasn't and isn't willing to share the spotlight or even do press with the rest of the ensemble cast.       http://pagesix.com/2016/04/11/bethenny-frankel-wont-do-press-with-other-housewives/ 

• Love 5

What's the difference between Lu making a deal of putting her name on a  collection of cheap clothing and Beth making a deal to put her name on a really awful tasting collection of prepared low calorie drinks?  That's the bottom line for me. 

I give full credit to Heather for creating a company 'before' being a housewife that had created good quality shapewear.  And...she continues to do so.  I was in a Nordstrom Rack and both Heather's and Beth's shapewear was available.  No comparison between the quality of Heather's Yummy and Skinnygirl.  Heather wins hands down.  I only wish that Nordstrom would sell Heather's jeans.  The housewives seem to love them and they get rave reviews from the research I've done.  I would just like to try a pair on before purchasing them.  

I think Beth believing she's a 'solo' act is a just another delusional self belief of her own importance.  I really think she is going to get a rude awakening.  Of course Andy buys into it because when she's on WWHL, she's always solo.  But then again, ratings is the only thing Andy cares about...not if people like the person.  

• Love 6

For the "Countess Brand" though, you kind of expect a bit of quality.  If it were named something else, it would be fine.  She does seem to stock plus sizes as well, but I do think it hurts her brand to have shoddy stuff.  For example, those plates actually had a touch of flair, and apparently that material is kind of currently "in" again, her stuff came out at exactly the right time, the curve was rising.

When I first saw it I thought "Wow, that's what we had when we were kids!"  Then I realized that I kind of miss that indestructible stuff, and hers was pretty.  Also, even people with money don't want china or glass around the pool, and this was showcased in that setting.  So, for young moms with kids, or people who entertain outside, it was kind of perfect.  I thought it was a bit high priced, but then noticed that other stores, decent stores, were selling it for more. 

I wonder if she's still selling it?  I remember some was in a really lovely shade of pale turquoise.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

What's the difference between Lu making a deal of putting her name on a  collection of cheap clothing and Beth making a deal to put her name on a really awful tasting collection of prepared low calorie drinks?  That's the bottom line for me. 

I give full credit to Heather for creating a company 'before' being a housewife that had created good quality shapewear.  And...she continues to do so.  I was in a Nordstrom Rack and both Heather's and Beth's shapewear was available.  No comparison between the quality of Heather's Yummy and Skinnygirl.  Heather wins hands down.  I only wish that Nordstrom would sell Heather's jeans.  The housewives seem to love them and they get rave reviews from the research I've done.  I would just like to try a pair on before purchasing them.  

I think Beth believing she's a 'solo' act is a just another delusional self belief of her own importance.  I really think she is going to get a rude awakening.  Of course Andy buys into it because when she's on WWHL, she's always solo.  But then again, ratings is the only thing Andy cares about...not if people like the person.  

Andy actually had to beep Bethenny a couple of times last time she was on.  Not for language but for giving the season away.  Kind of like Bethenny taking the opportunity when Luann announced her engagement to tell the world Tom had dated both Ramona and Sonja. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Breezy - do you shop on Zappos.com? If not, get yourself over there stat! I am obsessed with shopping there. They heavily encourage reviews (which I love - I buy nothing without reading reviews), shipping is free, and you always get your stuff in two days. The best part is that returns are always free and easy BREEZY. Sometimes I will order something in a couple of different sizes if I am unsure, and than send back the size that doesn't work. Her stuff is over there and the jeans are incredible. Honestly, when I am wearing them I feel like I have the body I wish I had, vs. the one I'm actually stuck with. 

• Love 8

Dating and one night stands are two different things.  I didn't notice the pirate's name in that list for example.  Just sayin'  Ha.

More power to her!  I love a woman who loves sex.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Breezy - do you shop on Zappos.com? If not, get yourself over there stat! I am obsessed with shopping there. They heavily encourage reviews (which I love - I buy nothing without reading reviews), shipping is free, and you always get your stuff in two days. The best part is that returns are always free and easy BREEZY. Sometimes I will order something in a couple of different sizes if I am unsure, and than send back the size that doesn't work. Her stuff is over there and the jeans are incredible. Honestly, when I am wearing them I feel like I have the body I wish I had, vs. the one I'm actually stuck with. 

Just an FYI, a lot of Yummie is on clearance on HSN today only, including some of her jeans....for $29.99!!!! The sizes are limited but there are a number of her jean styles on sale as well as her leggings (which I LOVE) and her undergarments (which I also LOVE) at rock bottom prices. They are clearing out old stock to make room for her new stuff. 

Luann's CC line and Bethenny's shapewear line are no where near the same high end level that Yummie is IMO.

16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is an article about how many men Luann has dated (since the Count).  I am thinking Bethenny and Sonja probably lead the pack in "boyfriends", dating and one night stands.  https://www.romper.com/p/who-has-luann-de-lesseps-dated-the-real-housewives-star-is-open-about-her-relationships-11796

I have to agree with Umbelina, they are not including hookup/quickies/1 night stands. LOL Luann admits to them and I really doubt that she wants those numbers out there. LOL

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Just an FYI, a lot of Yummie is on clearance on HSN today only, including some of her jeans....for $29.99!!!! The sizes are limited but there are a number of her jean styles on sale as well as her leggings (which I LOVE) and her undergarments (which I also LOVE) at rock bottom prices. They are clearing out old stock to make room for her new stuff. 

Luann's CC line and Bethenny's shapewear line are no where near the same high end level that Yummie is IMO.

I have to agree with Umbelina, they are not including hookup/quickies/1 night stands. LOL Luann admits to them and I really doubt that she wants those numbers out there. LOL

Oh man thanks!

I just bought some leggings and a pair of jeans!

woo!  My first time ever on HSN!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Oh man thanks!

I just bought some leggings and a pair of jeans!

woo!  My first time ever on HSN!

I got the set of Capri leggings! I have both her straight leg and boot cut leggings and LOVE them. LOL I may have to go back and jeans!. LOL

• Love 1

Go fast, the jeans are selling out, and size choices are really limited.  I finally found one pair in my size.  I hate skinny jeans, but like the straight leg or boot cut, so it was hard to find one left in my size, but by continuing to click, I finally did.

I'm really looking forward to the leggings, again I like the boot cut there, and some were available!

• Love 2

There are still a few Yummie things up for sale.  I adore these leggings I just got, super nice, thick, perfection.

I'm loving this Luann special.  I missed a bit of it, but it's on again at 9:31 according to my DTV.  (PDT)

The Count was cute, and I bet she had a ball in the beginning.  I've seen clips of her Italian TV show, she was gorgeous on that.  My favorite part of Luann is her Becky Sharp ability back then.  It's a bit wearing now, mostly because it's all so tinged with either "fake" or "RHNY" or maybe it's that being Becky isn't quite as attractive as you age?

• Love 4

Memo to RHONY producers: If you want a repeat of Pirategate, cast a young Richard Gere lookalike to wait on the ladies during the S9 overseas trip.

• Love 2
(edited)

I kinda loved how through line of Luann's special was her willingness to jump at whatever opportunities came her way and her determination to make things work out. I, too, hope we see a similar special for the rest of the wives. So many interesting subplots as Lu clawed her way thru the various chapters of her life.

I was also surprised at how easy it was to follow, especially given how choppy the editors were with jumping around the timeline.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 6

I never quite understood Lu's move to NY because the Count didn't seem to have it as his primary home. Now knowing she wanted to come back to the states it makes sense. She does seem to fall into opportunities. I missed the part about Jill but I assume it was meeting Jill that got her on the show. Does anyone know the time she was in NY before she got this gig?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, KFC said:

I was also surprised at how easy it was to follow, especially given how choppy the editors were with jumping around the timeline.

Yes! They kept flashing to 1993 and moving up and down the timeline but it didn't always seem to jive with where we were in her story. The idea was good but they made it confusing or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

• Love 1

That was so interesting.  It really gives insight into her actions.  Yes she gives PA digs but she says it and gets over it.  She doesn't hold on to her past and I don't think she cares enough to hold a real grudge.  She also seems to have the incredible gift of not letting things get her down. 
And I don't even like or dislike Luanne. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

I never quite understood Lu's move to NY because the Count didn't seem to have it as his primary home. Now knowing she wanted to come back to the states it makes sense. She does seem to fall into opportunities. I missed the part about Jill but I assume it was meeting Jill that got her on the show. Does anyone know the time she was in NY before she got this gig?

I believe she moved back to the US in 2205- 2006 and RH started in 2008-filming.  She met Jill at a party.  She mentioned it briefly.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:56 PM, zoeysmom said:

There has been mention of the RHny bus tour-it is true and this one sponsored by Town & Country Magazine.  Luann is aboard answering questions and giving her take on various scenes. 

She sells tees, hats and HW mouse pads at the end of the tour?

At the least of  what I watched of the program?

Lulu just might qualify as the "Most Interesting Woman in the World".

She hosted a TV show in Italian, without knowing the language.

She once raced fast cars and is a fast woman, too.

She once wrote a book on etiquette rules, then went out to break most of them.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

She sells tees, hats and HW mouse pads at the end of the tour?

At the least of  what I watched of the program?

Lulu just might qualify as the "Most Interesting Woman in the World".

She hosted a TV show in Italian, without knowing the language.

She once raced fast cars and is a fast woman, too.

She once wrote a book on etiquette rules, then went out to break most of them.

She is wearing your title well-her latest:  

No Ramona or Sonja.  Is this one of Sonja's trolling spots?

• Love 2

I found the special fascinating. Lu really did live an interesting life. It really did show that from early on she was impulsive and self-centered, though. As romantic as she tried to make it sound, I really didn't like how she moved out of her boyfriend of two years's home and in the the Count while said boyfriend was still out of town. How much could she have loved him, if she left him so quickly? I still get this impression that people, especially men, are about connections for her - and what they can do for her. Sometimes she reminds me of a MUCH smoother version of Alex and Simon. 

The count was very handsome back then; I enjoyed seeing the early pictures/videos of him and their children. 

• Love 6

Last night's magazine cover launch.  Luann looks pretty good without the statement necklace.  Fine jewelry suits her.

Sonja joined the party as well.  No Ramona, or Jules though.

They look like Halloween.

• Love 1

Turned on Law & Order SVU (Season 12 Episode 18)  and there was Luann in the opening scene.  She had a second scene posing nude for an artist.  The episode description read, "An art patron (Luann de Lesseps) finds a body. . . The episode was filmed in 2010.

Luann resembles Mariska Hartigay  a bit. 

• Love 4

I did enjoy the Luann "Before they were Housewives" special.  If anything, it showed that she does land on her feet (Sonja should really get advice from Lu).  

With her leaving the boyfriend of two years, it may have been that the relationship was ending or had for all intents and purposes ended.   Even though they'd been together for 2 years, it could've been more out of convenience that they both stayed - who knows?  Obviously Lu wasn't that deeply in love with him, even if she thought the count was a better catch, if she really loved the BF, I don't think she would've left.  Sounds like she charmed a lot of men (per her friend), so it didn't sound like the count was like a grab him or you wouldn't ever find a better man deal.

Too bad she doesn't let her real personality come through more on the RH show.  I get that she was trying to keep up appearances for the count and her kids, especially when the marriage was ending.  She had interesting stories, and probably plenty more.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I did enjoy the Luann "Before they were Housewives" special.  If anything, it showed that she does land on her feet (Sonja should really get advice from Lu).  

With her leaving the boyfriend of two years, it may have been that the relationship was ending or had for all intents and purposes ended.   Even though they'd been together for 2 years, it could've been more out of convenience that they both stayed - who knows?  Obviously Lu wasn't that deeply in love with him, even if she thought the count was a better catch, if she really loved the BF, I don't think she would've left.  Sounds like she charmed a lot of men (per her friend), so it didn't sound like the count was like a grab him or you wouldn't ever find a better man deal.

Too bad she doesn't let her real personality come through more on the RH show.  I get that she was trying to keep up appearances for the count and her kids, especially when the marriage was ending.  She had interesting stories, and probably plenty more.  

I think this was the problem in early seasons (and last year). Everyone has always said that Lu is such fun away from the camera, and a completely different person.