Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

You know Bravo would insist that all the NY HWs be invited and then they would film them insulting Luann/Tom/the other guests, getting drunk, exposing their lady parts, screaming, swearing and hitting on any single man there. In other words, it would be treated just like another girls trip and not a real life wedding! LOL

Exactly.  Why leave it to the editing monkeys at Bravo.  I doubt Bravo is angry-everyone else is on vacation, so why can't Luann have hers.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Exactly.  Why leave it to the editing monkeys at Bravo.  I doubt Bravo is angry-everyone else is on vacation, so why can't Luann have hers.

It could be that if Bravo filmed it there would be no extra money for it.  It might end up part of the contract.  But with People it's 20K extra.  Let's face it Bravo is Luann's only job.  And this weasel hasn't shown himself to be the most loyal and steadfast so she needs an income.  The fun beings when she negotiates with Bravo for the next season.  If this Tinsley turns out to be a gold mine well, we might not need Luann.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

It could be that if Bravo filmed it there would be no extra money for it.  It might end up part of the contract.  But with People it's 20K extra.  Let's face it Bravo is Luann's only job.  And this weasel hasn't shown himself to be the most loyal and steadfast so she needs an income.  The fun beings when she negotiates with Bravo for the next season.  If this Tinsley turns out to be a gold mine well, we might not need Luann.

Bravo usually doesn't give much money for parties/big events/weddings unless it's the finale. And sometimes even then they don't. On Vanderpump Rules, Katie and Schwartz's wedding looks like it's the finale and Bravo didn't give them anything. Bravo will help negotiate for comps and they pay for the group trips.*

This was the smarter decision for LuAnn. She gets $20K, can control the guest list, and if she was smart about her People contract, she can still negotiate and get a ton of comps. She's been talking about her 3 dresses since forever. The designers is Randi Rahm, who I'm sure comped the dresses. When People does the final piece about the wedding, I think we can comfortably assume that the product was comped if we see a bunch of brand names in the article.

*Andy Cohen said on an episode of Bitch Sesh that the reason Bethenny was so adamant about Sonja not coming on the Mexico trip was because her Skinnygirl budget from Beam Suntory was paying for the trip.

• Love 9

Did she make a smart choice here?  Well, she's able to control her wedding & ensure it will be dignified.  So maybe she did.  After all, we know when Satan Andy & Bravo get involved, decency & dignity go out the window.  Altho it should be noted NONE of the Bravo weddings have turned into embarrassing screamfests . . . uh, at least not yet.

Hey, I think it's awesome that Bravo is pissed at her & she pocketed a quick 20 thou from the dummies at People.  But what about when she's negotiating for next season?  Or has that been settled?  Even if it has, if they really are pissed at her, they can easily get back at her (in a zillion different shitty ways), so that quick 20 thou may not have been worth it in the end.

Still, I say good for her, for cutting them outta her wedding.  Is this her way of flipping the bird to Bravo & Satan Andy?  If it is -- YAY, Lu!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Did she make a smart choice here?  Well, she's able to control her wedding & ensure it will be dignified.  So maybe she did.  After all, we know when Satan Andy & Bravo get involved, decency & dignity go out the window.  Altho it should be noted NONE of the Bravo weddings have turned into embarrassing screamfests . . . uh, at least not yet.

Hey, I think it's awesome that Bravo is pissed at her & she pocketed a quick 20 thou from the dummies at People.  But what about when she's negotiating for next season?  Or has that been settled?  Even if it has, if they really are pissed at her, they can easily get back at her (in a zillion different shitty ways), so that quick 20 thou may not have been worth it in the end.

Still, I say good for her, for cutting them outta her wedding.  Is this her way of flipping the bird to Bravo & Satan Andy?  If it is -- YAY, Lu!

Though one did involve peeing in a bucket but I suppose that wasn't productions fault.

They have already been filming for a few months so I imagine she already has negotiated her contract.

• Love 3

Whoa, Kelly looks like an overdone Thanksgiving turkey.  I hope it's a fake bake, lest she turn into a hand bag by the summer.

As a long time fan of The Cure, I have very mixed emotions about Luann's first dance choice.

• Love 5

The setup looked nice.  Her dress looks OK.

DM just showed Kells "vacationing" in Miami so the tan is real.  She looks nuts with that coloring.  Hello skin cancer.  Kells just can't shake the image of being an unbalanced loon.  Must be good reason for that.

Makes sense the only one of the cast to be there would be Dorinda.  So if only one other cast member is there, why would Bravo be "furious"?  Meh, they can easily work around it with the predictable TH's of the Frankelstein monster making sneering nasty comments on the wedding/marriage.  And of course, Carole (looking more overly botoxed & Steven Tylerish than ever) will be guffawing in the background like the good possessed Frankelstein-follower she's morphed into.  How predictably boring this shit has become.

• Love 8

People's not so exclusive.  I wonder what guest sold the photos to Daily Mail.  http://people.com/tv/rhony-luann-de-lesseps-marries-tom-dagostino-jr/

16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bravo usually doesn't give much money for parties/big events/weddings unless it's the finale. And sometimes even then they don't. On Vanderpump Rules, Katie and Schwartz's wedding looks like it's the finale and Bravo didn't give them anything. Bravo will help negotiate for comps and they pay for the group trips.*

This was the smarter decision for LuAnn. She gets $20K, can control the guest list, and if she was smart about her People contract, she can still negotiate and get a ton of comps. She's been talking about her 3 dresses since forever. The designers is Randi Rahm, who I'm sure comped the dresses. When People does the final piece about the wedding, I think we can comfortably assume that the product was comped if we see a bunch of brand names in the article.

*Andy Cohen said on an episode of Bitch Sesh that the reason Bethenny was so adamant about Sonja not coming on the Mexico trip was because her Skinnygirl budget from Beam Suntory was paying for the trip.

Why should Luann wait for Bravo?  Bravo would zoom in on any and everything that could possibly make Luann and Tom look bad.

IIRC Ramona, Bethenny, Carole and Sonja were never really invited.  So I don't think the Daily Mail's account is accurate, that her co-stars no showed.  Bethenny did everything on her power to poo-poo the event, claiming she would only attend if there was a large appearance fee.   And of course trying to break up the engagement.

So beam Suntory cheaped out on a hotel room and airfare?  Seems that could have been remedied quite easily.  Or was it the non event that was Tipsy Girl.  IIRC they were also not allowing Luann. I am glad the trip was cancelled. 

• Love 8

Makes sense the only one of the cast to be there would be Dorinda.  So if only one other cast member is there, why would Bravo be "furious"?

You know that might be true.  Carole and Bethenny attended Andy's Christmas party for years when it was just Carole as a cast member.  The minute Bethenny joined back he had to have 'the talk' with them.  So maybe if 2 or more are gathered in his name, cameras?

Interesting dress.  I think there is an over skirt at the ceremony.  So that's two of the dresses or just one of them and she has two more?

• Love 2

It does kinda sound like she screwed Bravo over.  Here's what I'm wondering -- did they pay for her wedding, or contribute in any way? I wouldn't be surprised if she got freebies or steep discounts from Bravo sponsors.

While I applaud her nerve & find this delish to take in, I'm kinda nervous for her.  File this under biting the hand that feeds you.  Neither Bravo or Satan Andy take kindly to this sorta thing.  Lu took some BIG risks here.  We'll see how it pans out for her.  

Boy, that Noel is a looker.  He sure didn't get those looks from daddy.  Victoria looks like a mess at the wedding.  She looks drunk.  Oy.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

You know that might be true.  Carole and Bethenny attended Andy's Christmas party for years when it was just Carole as a cast member.  The minute Bethenny joined back he had to have 'the talk' with them.  So maybe if 2 or more are gathered in his name, cameras?

Interesting dress.  I think there is an over skirt at the ceremony.  So that's two of the dresses or just one of them and she has two more?

I thought Carole stopped going to Andy's party when she first joined the show but that Bethenny was still going until 2 years ago when she returned. It was/is Bethenny, from what I read, that had/has) an issue about being cut from the guest list, not Carole. Did I misread?

I thought Carole stopped going to Andy's party when she first joined the show but that Bethenny was still going until 2 years ago when she returned. It was/is Bethenny, from what I read, that had/has) an issue about being cut from the guest list, not Carole. Did I misread?

The book indicated that up until that point both women had been at the party for years.  Carole had always been since it dates back to his time as a news guy.  Carole was the one with the biggest issue since this party included all of her friends.  He said it was a very hard thing to do but it wasn't fair to the other RHONY.  I hadn't read anything about Bethenny having an issue but maybe she did.  All I know of it is from Andy's book.

His newest book has fabulous details on Jill Z's bid to come back to RHONY.  Her people actually had a power point presentation.  I want to see that so bad.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

It does kinda sound like she screwed Bravo over.  Here's what I'm wondering -- did they pay for her wedding, or contribute in any way? I wouldn't be surprised if she got freebies or steep discounts from Bravo sponsors.

While I applaud her nerve & find this delish to take in, I'm kinda nervous for her.  File this under biting the hand that feeds you.  Neither Bravo or Satan Andy take kindly to this sorta thing.  Lu took some BIG risks here.  We'll see how it pans out for her.  

Boy, that Noel is a looker.  He sure didn't get those looks from daddy.  Victoria looks like a mess at the wedding.  She looks drunk.  Oy.

Luann has pretty much said from the get go that their wedding would not be filmed by Bravo and they brought her back this season anyway, so I am not sure Bravo is ticked at her about that. What she should be worried about is the addition of Tinsley, who will most likely go at it with Bethenny and therefore could be Luann's replacement next season. I still think Tinsley is being brought on as a redemption arc for Bethenny but I/we will have to wait and see. LOL

1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

The book indicated that up until that point both women had been at the party for years.  Carole had always been since it dates back to his time as a news guy.  Carole was the one with the biggest issue since this party included all of her friends.  He said it was a very hard thing to do but it wasn't fair to the other RHONY.  I hadn't read anything about Bethenny having an issue but maybe she did.  All I know of it is from Andy's book.

His newest book has fabulous details on Jill Z's bid to come back to RHONY.  Her people actually had a power point presentation.  I want to see that so bad.

Ok, Thanks. I guess the bloggers have gotten Carole and Bethenny mixed up, which wouldn't be the first time that happened. LOL

• Love 1

Ok, Thanks. I guess the bloggers have gotten Carole and Bethenny mixed up, which wouldn't be the first time that happened. LO

Let's face it sometimes they mix things up because it gets more hits.  It's all about the money.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

The dress in the link above is disappointing to me. I wanted more "I am grown and sexy and getting ready for the rest of my life" and less "blushing bride". I think I have watched too many episodes of Say Yes To The Dress, ha.

I agree.  The puckered gathers under her bustline and the two dinky bows on the back are...confusing.  The lace over the spaghetti straps look like an afterthought that the seamstress added at the last minute.  (I'll also cop to binge-watching 'Say Yes to the Dress')

Also, 22 year-old Victoria is carrying a flower girl basket.  Like the one my niece carried at my wedding when she was 4.  Did the Stoner/Flowerchild scatter rose petals as she walked down the aisle?  Please say yes to that mess.  It would be so good.  Jill probably had to hold Kelly down so she wouldn't jump up to skip down the aisle to scatter petals, too.

Victoria looks uncomfortable and childish:

3BBF77E100000578-4079166-image-a-21_1483

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

How old is Victoria?  I figured about 23 & Noel about 21.

She's 22. The article said 28. I corrected my post. Still too damn old for a damn flower girl basket. Lol. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Thanks for sharing.  I'd never read his book cuz it would cause me to lose my last 800 meals, but this is a fun fact!

Jillzy does seem to be mugging for the cams -- even more than usual.  I've seen her in action at social functions & I can confirm this is very much her style.  Oh, I bet she was very, very disappointed the Bravo cams weren't at the wedding.

• Love 3
On 12/31/2016 at 5:43 PM, zoeysmom said:
On 12/31/2016 at 3:47 PM, WireWrap said:

You know Bravo would insist that all the NY HWs be invited and then they would film them insulting Luann/Tom/the other guests, getting drunk, exposing their lady parts, screaming, swearing and hitting on any single man there. In other words, it would be treated just like another girls trip and not a real life wedding! LOL

Edited December 31, 2016 by zoeysmom.

I've no insider gossip but wonder if Bravo offered Lu the who wedding special/series or whatever that Lauri from RHOC and Tamra ended up with--and Tams had her own mini-series to boot (no, didn't watch, thank god--I have some standards...). Lu may well have turned them down or the offer was never made but I'd think it would have been some okay money---if she and Tom need it, anyway.

Anyone know?

19 hours ago, Pickles said:

What exactly has Jill Zaria done to her face? A facelift? She looks so different. Did not like LuAnn's dress or veil. She is kind of towering over Tom.

Jill zarin 

Jill had mentioned the liquid face lift years ago; she gets injections a few times a year around her jawline. I don't think any of these women understand how frightening they look when they get to the serial killer smile stage.  (I know she's seen Dr. Patricia Wexler, who is a seriously prominent dermatologist. IDK if sister Lisa had married into the Wexler family).

Since Luann's behavior this season made absolutely zero sense to me I can only guess why she went with People: either Bravo didn't give her the respect a former countess deserves or Tom put the kibosh on Bravo cameras that would have totally followed him everywhere. 

• Love 2
On 1/1/2017 at 8:09 AM, ryebread said:

The veil looks ridiculous.

I never thought she'd actually go through with it.  That said, good for her for not making it into a Bravo Wedding Special.

I had to LOL at Luann in the wedding dress and veil.  I realize she eloped the first time and didn't get to do the big wedding thing, but that doesn't mean that 25 years later when she actually has a fancy wedding she should dress up like a ... well, a young bride.  She looks silly.  And poor Victoria ... made to be the flower girl.  At her age.  I guess Lu thought it was "cool" or something to do that.  It's not. 

I didn't care for the other dresses, either.  I guess you get what you pay for.  And the white lace number for the brunch the next day, really?  Everyone knows you are the bride, Luann.  Enough with the white dresses already.  

I've been to the Brazilian Court and it's nice enough, I suppose.  But I wouldn't want to shoehorn in all those chairs and a stage in that courtyard.  It's not that big. It looks crowded in the pictures.  I thought that was just where she was having the reception, and I was surprised that turned out to be where the ceremony was held.  I wonder if they removed the stage for the reception.  Or did Luann and Tom sit at one of those "sweetheart" tables up on the stage so she could reign over the festivities like a queen ... 

On 12/31/2016 at 0:20 PM, chick binewski said:

Happy Wedding Day, Luann! Hope your dude doesn't make out with someone else at the open bar!

19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I wonder if they went on a honeymoon or if Tom had a date.

Well, as you know, Bethenny has a crew of private eyes tailing Tom everywhere he goes just to collect dirt on him so she can spoil Luann's happiness.  If anything happened, I am sure it will be made public soon.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Tacky wedding request or thoughtful action to help a relative? Or a cover for a slush fund to pay off one of Tom's mistresses?

It doesn't look like page 6 tried to verify this, there are no direct quotes or even a link the gofundme page. So.....is it rumor or fact? LOL

As goofy and tacky as LuAnn's wedding came off, and as shifty as Tom may seem, I'm still happy for her---she seems so gleeful just to be married and have some real WIFE STATUS again, darlings. She just wanted that big lavish wedding she never really had, so I can understand her wanting to wear a big wedding gown and veil and whoop it up like a young bride. I agree that her wedding brunch dress was a far more chic and appropriate look overall for her, but to each her peach, right? Money can't buy you class, after all.

She seems like one of those women who's lost without a man by her side; she was single for a hot minute after her marriage to the Count broke up and a half-second after her long term relationship with Jaques! Hopefully this one is for keeps and I hope she shoves her newlywed happiness into Bethenny's face.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It doesn't look like page 6 tried to verify this, there are no direct quotes or even a link the gofundme page. So.....is it rumor or fact? LOL

I can't say for sure but I will totally believe this just because I can envision Luann's rage at Jill.

1 minute ago, Sun-Bun said:

She seems like one of those women who's lost without a man by her side; she was single for a hot minute after her marriage to the Count broke up and a half-second after her long term relationship with Jaques! Hopefully this one is for keeps and I hope she shoves her newlywed happiness into Bethenny's face.

I think when Luann isn't so countess-like she has a lot to offer. I hated that she cheated on Jacques not only because he seemed like a good guy but also because he she seemed really happy with him. Of course we don't know what really goes on but Luann seemed much more genuine when she was with Jacques. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I can't say for sure but I will totally believe this just because I can envision Luann's rage at Jill.

I think when Luann isn't so countess-like she has a lot to offer. I hated that she cheated on Jacques not only because he seemed like a good guy but also because he she seemed really happy with him. Of course we don't know what really goes on but Luann seemed much more genuine when she was with Jacques. 

I am sure People had better photos that included the bride/groom and not the few HWs that were in attendance, which it seems Jill took. Jill denied Luann is upset at her on twitter. Also, Dorinda posted photos from the wedding reception and even a video of the cake cutting! LOL

• Love 2

I can totally see Jill blowing it. After Bethenny gave birth, she immediately Tweeted the news and mistakenly mentioned "son" instead of daughter. And she wasn't even friends with Bethenny any more. Jill is desperate to be seen as relevant and having her finger on the pulse of NYC's social scene...even if the story of the feud isn't real, it's completely plausible to me. Jill just can't help herself.

• Love 3

After Bethenny gave birth, she immediately Tweeted the news and mistakenly mentioned "son" instead of daughter.

Jill was fed that info 12 hours before the actual birth.  She sold it to Perez Hilton who published it like a big scoop.  The next day Bethenny announced the birth of her daughter and the correct birth date.  My guess at the time was that Bethenny gave a couple of false pieces to different folks she suspected of selling info.  You saw her reading Perez on her reality show saying, this is too close to the truth to be a guess.  So whoever it was ended up cut off and Perez has never published on Bethenny again.  That was a fun one.  My guess was Jill as well.  Jill just over did it. A picture here or there would have been fine.  The one she took of Lu coming down the aisle highlighted my pet peeve at weddings.  So many people are jumping out in the aisle that the photographer WHO IS BEING PAID can't get a decent shot.

Wendy Williams is on in the background and saying Bravo should fire Lu's ass.  She also calls Lu unnecessary for the show.  So not going well.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Jill was fed that info 12 hours before the actual birth.  She sold it to Perez Hilton who published it like a big scoop.  The next day Bethenny announced the birth of her daughter and the correct birth date.  My guess at the time was that Bethenny gave a couple of false pieces to different folks she suspected of selling info.  You saw her reading Perez on her reality show saying, this is too close to the truth to be a guess.  So whoever it was ended up cut off and Perez has never published on Bethenny again.  That was a fun one.  My guess was Jill as well.  Jill just over did it. A picture here or there would have been fine.  The one she took of Lu coming down the aisle highlighted my pet peeve at weddings.  So many people are jumping out in the aisle that the photographer WHO IS BEING PAID can't get a decent shot.

Wendy Williams is on in the background and saying Bravo should fire Lu's ass.  She also calls Lu unnecessary for the show.  So not going well.

Here is the photo of Luann/Tom walking down the aisle that Jill tweeted, it is the "People Magazine" photo. Notice the People Exclusive mark in the lower left corner. Luann is on record that she is not mad at Jill. Someone is reaching to make this a fight between them. LOL

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Yeah, Wendy had a bit of a go at Luann, lol.  She questioned what business Tom was in and mentioned she couldn't find anything out about him online.  She then noted that Tom D'Agostino is not a member of the wealthy grocery store family with that surname, and she said when she asked Luann about the connection (during a commercial break when Lu was on her show), Luann claimed "oh his family is MUCH wealthier than them."  Then Wendy snarked that Tom must not have that much money if he is whoring out wedding coverage for 20K (which Wendy observed was a lot of money to most people, but was mere "shoe money" to rich folks).  She also said Tom must not have much business sense, either, if he let Luann offend Bravo by barring them from filming then turning around and selling out to People.  She did suggest Luann deserved a pink slip for her behavior.  

It is kind of hard to understand why Luann wouldn't allow some amount of taping.  She obviously wants to be on the show very much.  I don't personally buy the "she wanted it to be a special moment" idea because if it was really some private, sacred event, she would not be selling pictures to People for 20K. But as Wendy pointed out, Bravo surely pays Luann more than 20K to be on the show, so offending Bravo doesn't seem to be worth the money - unless Wendy is right and Lu and Tom just made a dumb business call going for a cash grab and taking for granted Bravo would not be bothered and keep her on the show any way.  Maybe that is what she is counting on. I personally find her boring as hell and so fake she's nearly unwatchable, but she is the only married woman on the show at this point.  Maybe she thinks that matters or something.  

When Wendy was showing the group pictures of the Ho'wives and asked "who is that Black girl in the middle."  She was referring to Kelly Bensimon, lol. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It is kind of hard to understand why Luann wouldn't allow some amount of taping.  She obviously wants to be on the show very much.  I don't personally buy the "she wanted it to be a special moment" idea because if it was really some private, sacred event, she would not be selling pictures to People for 20K. 

It makes sense to me.  Bravo video cameras would turn it into a spectacle, while People is just a photographer, and People would get Lu's happy wedding version out there (instead of Bravo's going in for the kill type of coverage).  Bravo would also probably want their pick of HW's there, the same HW's who made Lu and Tom's engagement all about them (looking at you, Sonja and Ramona!) in order to show much drama, Sonja getting the sadz, and Ramona having vapors and dissing both Tom and Lu at their own wedding.  Plus, whatshername would insist on showcasing her SkinnyCrap products at the reception.  If I were Lu, I'd say NO FUCKING WAY, too.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 17

Housewives have events and exclude/include who they want to all the time.  Enough cast members have been left out of trips for that to be clear.  Luann's wedding was the epitome of a private event and who she invited would not have been up to Bravo.  Luann wouldn't have had to have anyone there she didn't want around or who she thought would make trouble.  It would not necessarily have turned into a fight or a marketing opportunity or been about anyone or anything other than exactly what Luann wanted if Bravo had been around.

The camera and sound set up might have been intrusive if not done well.  But I have seen lots of events taped by Bravo that were reasonably subtle and you could tell they were making an effort to not take over the event with equipment and crew members.  Heck, lots of regular people have their weddings elaborately videotaped and it doesn't spoil things.  It would have been quite easy for Bravo to get footage without turning things into a spectacle. 

I think Luann jsut wanted to be able to grab a little cash while still being able to deny she only got married for the show.  So she allowed People in but not Bravo. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some cell phone footage of the event doesn't make it onto the show, actually.  That way Luann can have her (wedding) cake and eat it, too ... she can claim her marriage was so personal she didn't want Bravo cameras there but still manage to show plenty of footage of her in her multiple ugly dresses swanning around like she is the first woman on earth to ever get married. There were certainly enough people with cell phones taking snaps, it appears.  Surely someone managed to tape things.  It's suspicious to me because celebs often require guests to check their cell phones at the door, but not our Luann with her big concerns about privacy and the dignity of the proceedings.  I don't think it was an accident and we will be treated to footage of her wedding on the show, despite her claims to the contrary. 

• Love 3

I don't think I've seen ALL the Bravo weddings, but I feel like I've seen most of them.  None have been spectacles or screamfests.  They've all been lovely.  OK, Kristen did punch James in the face at Scheana's wedding.  But that was outside the wedding, in the parking lot.

Irony here much?  If Lu is claiming she cut Bravo out of her wedding for fear of a spectacle occuring . . . history contradicts this.  Bravo has been consistently respectful of weddings.  As far as control goes?  Well, if she got steep discounts from Bravo sponsors for anything wedding-related or Bravo paid for anything, all bets are off.

Someone said earlier she planned for the wedding not to be filmed.  If that was the case, there would be no story here.  Sounds like she pulled a surprise move on Bravo & it sounds shady.  Typical Lu.  But biting the hand that feeds you is always a risky move, which may not end well.  Look where it got your bud Jillzy, Lu.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Someone said earlier she planned for the wedding not to be filmed.  If that was the case, there would be no story here.  Sounds like she pulled a surprise move on Bravo & it sounds shady.  Typical Lu.  But biting the hand that feeds you is always a dumb move.

There will always be a story even if it's made up just to get people clicking on it. See the above story given that the photo Jill tweeted was the exclusive People photo with watermark that had  been released and not someway to undercut Lu.

Filming maybe respectful but it also could be thay many of their guests didn't want to be filmed and that Lu didn't want to film on her wedding weekend because it is work for her.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah, Wendy had a bit of a go at Luann, lol.  She questioned what business Tom was in and mentioned she couldn't find anything out about him online.  She then noted that Tom D'Agostino is not a member of the wealthy grocery store family with that surname, and she said when she asked Luann about the connection (during a commercial break when Lu was on her show), Luann claimed "oh his family is MUCH wealthier than them."  Then Wendy snarked that Tom must not have that much money if he is whoring out wedding coverage for 20K (which Wendy observed was a lot of money to most people, but was mere "shoe money" to rich folks).  She also said Tom must not have much business sense, either, if he let Luann offend Bravo by barring them from filming then turning around and selling out to People.  She did suggest Luann deserved a pink slip for her behavior.  

It is kind of hard to understand why Luann wouldn't allow some amount of taping.  She obviously wants to be on the show very much.  I don't personally buy the "she wanted it to be a special moment" idea because if it was really some private, sacred event, she would not be selling pictures to People for 20K. But as Wendy pointed out, Bravo surely pays Luann more than 20K to be on the show, so offending Bravo doesn't seem to be worth the money - unless Wendy is right and Lu and Tom just made a dumb business call going for a cash grab and taking for granted Bravo would not be bothered and keep her on the show any way.  Maybe that is what she is counting on. I personally find her boring as hell and so fake she's nearly unwatchable, but she is the only married woman on the show at this point.  Maybe she thinks that matters or something.  

When Wendy was showing the group pictures of the Ho'wives and asked "who is that Black girl in the middle."  She was referring to Kelly Bensimon, lol. 

Luann in the Daily Mail apparently said that Bravo could use footage from her private videographer after her People deal expired. I wonder how much filming if any Bravo did leading up to the event considering only Dorinda and Cynthia are on contract. LVP allowed Bravo to use footage of Pandora's wedding ostensibly bc Russell killed himself and they wanted a better ending to the season. As for money, Luann didn't accept gifts, so 20K isn't that much money.

• Love 3

So the upshot is Luann's wedding is going to be featured on the show.  Can't say I am surprised.  When it gets right down to it, she needs it to be.  What else is there going on with her life to use?  I mean until they can exploit the inevitable break-down of her marriage, of course.

Re: the $$$ ... Luann isn't going to get Angelina Jolie dollars for her pics.  She's a total D-lister.  But I don't think 20K is anything to sneeze at.   Apparently it's more than chump change to her or she would have donated it to this mysterious sick relative.  But I haven't heard anything about that happening.  Yet.  Maybe she will claim to have done so since people are snarking on her request that her guests donate to the gofundme.com thing in lieu of the real charities she first designated.  You know, to make it sound more legit. Because right now it doesn't sound very legit.  Or classy, either. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I don't think I've seen ALL the Bravo weddings, but I feel like I've seen most of them.  None have been spectacles or screamfests.  They've all been lovely.  OK, Kristen did punch James in the face at Scheana's wedding.  But that was outside the wedding, in the parking lot.

Irony here much?  If Lu is claiming she cut Bravo out of her wedding for fear of a spectacle occuring . . . history contradicts this.  Bravo has been consistently respectful of weddings.  As far as control goes?  Well, if she got steep discounts from Bravo sponsors for anything wedding-related or Bravo paid for anything, all bets are off.

Someone said earlier she planned for the wedding not to be filmed.  If that was the case, there would be no story here.  Sounds like she pulled a surprise move on Bravo & it sounds shady.  Typical Lu.  But biting the hand that feeds you is always a risky move, which may not end well.  Look where it got your bud Jillzy, Lu.

Maybe Bravo is respectful of the actual ceremony but they always create a circus./story line of the run up to the wedding.  At least all the ones I've seen which include Kandi's, Cynthia Baily's, Kim Zolciak, Fredrik's, Ryan's, way back in the day Laurie's and a number of vow renewals.  Even LisaVDP daughter's wedding had the preparations filmed in typical Bravo fashion.  I think LuAnn and Tom didn't want to have Ramona, Bethenny or Sonya included in any part of the wedding because of their bitter unpleasant behavior on the season prior.  It makes me think much more highly of LuAnn and Tom that they cut out the bullshit that those three all-about-me personalities would bring.  Carole either.

• Love 10

Jeez, I was figuring if I ever did meet Tom, I'd tell him I never shop at his stores cuz the prices are too high, the selection is crummy & the setup & presentation are stinko.  Drats.  Oh yes, I would have said that to him if I met him before.  But now I won't cuz I now know his family doesn't own those shitty stores.  Every time I pass one of those crappy stores I think of this show.  No more.

So where does Tom get his dough?  Another Harry situation?  From a publishing company I've never heard of, when I've worked in media in NYC for 20 years?  Sounds suspicious.  Idk, Lu.  Murky background & murky yellow diamond ring.  What did you get yourself into, hun?

• Love 3