Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

I absolutely judge people for using "the n-word" (God, I hate having to write it like that.  The word is hateful and should be seen in its full hatefulness all the time).  I absolutely judge anti-Semites.  I don't know anything about the context in which Victoria used it but it was stupid as fuck.  Ramona should've kept her mouth out of it because she's said some mean and/or questionable shit about everybody and their mama.

I don't know for sure if the Count is an anti-Semite, but if he is and Luann knew it and married him, then I damn sure judge her for that.  You are judged by the company you keep. 

• Love 11

I get it. I'm a black woman. I code switch all the time. LuAnn's kids have probably heard the word dropped all the time, but the world they live in not that diverse. If you're sensitive, observant, and empathetic, you pick up when you can and can't use it. I'm reminded of Gwyneth Paltrow at her friend Jay Z's concert when she tweeted "N***** in Paris for real!". It was the name of the song. They are friends. But coming from her, she should have expected some clap back, which she got. Or John Mayer and his hood pass, which got revoked. I've been around some of the whitest white people who used it and had no issues with them using it, but I knew those folks to be real. They lived or worked in minority communities. They weren't using it arbitrarily. Victoria being drunk at one of her prep school parties is not the place to deploy that word.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Victoria being drunk at one of her prep school parties is not the place to deploy that word.

I agree 100%.  

That being said, it was SO EVIL of Ramona to "accidentally" tweet the link to that video.  Kids do DUMB THINGS sometimes and Ramona using the opportunity to embarrass Luann was just vile.  And to top it off, I believe Victoria was shown enjoying a little weed in that video as well.  She ended up being kicked out of school over the whole thing.  Ramona was *dead* to me when she did that.  DEAD.

I think it was far worse than Bethenny showing Lu the Tom pictures the way she did.  Much, much worse. 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I get it. I'm a black woman. I code switch all the time. LuAnn's kids have probably heard the word dropped all the time, but the world they live in not that diverse. If you're sensitive, observant, and empathetic, you pick up when you can and can't use it. I'm reminded of Gwyneth Paltrow at her friend Jay Z's concert when she tweeted "N***** in Paris for real!". It was the name of the song. They are friends. But coming from her, she should have expected some clap back, which she got. Or John Mayer and his hood pass, which got revoked. I've been around some of the whitest white people who used it and had no issues with them using it, but I knew those folks to be real. They lived or worked in minority communities. They weren't using it arbitrarily. Victoria being drunk at one of her prep school parties is not the place to deploy that word.

And hence a hard lesson (one of many for adolescence) to learn.

There are a slue of inappropriate mistakes made in this stage in life. I don't see why this doesn't fall within the parameters of that concept. No one needs to condone it but to separate it as something different from young and stupid, thoughtless and bad judgement is what I take issue with.

All I know is that I get it. I get how easy of a mistake it can be. Why? Well because it happens all the time. It would be one thing if it wasn't a common mistake but it is.  No one is debating that its something that SHOULDN'T happen as frequently but considering that it does that factor shouldn't be ignored when it comes down to reaching certain conclusions. Still doesn't have to change anyone's initial judgement but I find that plain old immaturity is a relevant detail at the end of the day.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I agree 100%.  

That being said, it was SO EVIL of Ramona to "accidentally" tweet the link to that video.  Kids do DUMB THINGS sometimes and Ramona using the opportunity to embarrass Luann was just vile.  And to top it off, I believe Victoria was shown enjoying a little weed in that video as well.  She ended up being kicked out of school over the whole thing.  Ramona was *dead* to me when she did that.  DEAD.

I think it was far worse than Bethenny showing Lu the Tom pictures the way she did.  Much, much worse. 

I remember when that all went down but didn't know the details nor the outcome. Wow, Ramona may be dead to me too. That and she's boring as dirt the last couple of seasons. I'm surprised LuAnn can engage her in anyway combined with other things she's done. Lu must be better at compartmentalizing her feelings than I...

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I agree 100%.  

Agreed, true evil. Kids make dumb mistakes, because they're...kids. The hope is they get smarter as they get older. The greatest tragedy for Victoria would be to end up as much of a mess of an adult as Ramona has turned out to be. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, SistaLadybug said:

I absolutely judge people for using "the n-word" (God, I hate having to write it like that.  The word is hateful and should be seen in its full hatefulness all the time).  I absolutely judge anti-Semites.  I don't know anything about the context in which Victoria used it but it was stupid as fuck.  Ramona should've kept her mouth out of it because she's said some mean and/or questionable shit about everybody and their mama.

I don't know for sure if the Count is an anti-Semite, but if he is and Luann knew it and married him, then I damn sure judge her for that.  You are judged by the company you keep. 

She knew the dude for 2 weeks before marrying him.

I doubt that he let his bigoted freak fly right away.

I think it might have bothered her in New York and once she met Jacques.

remember she was that young girl from the wrong side of the track when she got with Alexandre.

Not that it makes it right.

he sucks, imo

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

remember she was that young girl from the wrong side of the track when she got with Alexandre.

he sucks, imo

And that's why it can be important that you get to know a person well before you marry him.  Because maybe he's a bigot.  And if you stay married to that bigot, that is something you may be judged on.  You are the company you keep.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

And that's why it can be important that you get to know a person well before you marry him.  Because maybe he's a bigot.  And if you stay married to that bigot, that is something you may be judged on.  You are the company you keep.

True but my thoughts are she was mesmerized by all the glamours and external benefits and glassed over his bad qualities.

I think also that her marriage was not as rosy as she said however she is trying to be positive for the sake of respecting her children father.

i dont get the vibes that she is a Bigot herself, do you?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I agree 100%.  

Victoria and her friends posted the video themselves onto YouTube. Ramona did not tweet it. She got kicked out because she and her buddies bragged about it and the school found out and saw it themselves.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

It's also the reason that her insistence that she's in love LOVE with Tom ring false to me. The last dude she rushed into marriage with turned out to be at least casually antisemitic and unrepentantly cheated on her for 4 years. That's a no go for me. Dealbreaker. Tom has demonstrated, if you believe LuAnn, that when he's angry he'll go out, get drunk, and possibly cheat. Whatever it is in her personality that is picking dudes after 2 weeks has terrible standards and isn't particularly discriminating. It took 12 years for LuAnn to learn that Alex was a cheater. I don't know how long it took got him to reveal his antisemitism. Two weeks in, we know Tom cheats. Is she going to find out that he's in the klan by the end of the year?

I'm of the mindset that part of the reason bigotry persists is because people who should know better aren't letting the people who are bigots know that it is not tolerated or acceptable. If Alex was saying antisemitic things around their children, LuAnn should have shut that down. My mother who for the most part is a very smart lovely woman is casually antislamic because of recent events and a civil war from the country of her birth. Except for some rare situations, I shut that nonsense down ever time she gets into it. It is not acceptable. It's not who I am or what I'm about. Even more than that, I don't feel like small minded backwards notions make this country any better.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

And that's why it can be important that you get to know a person well before you marry him.  Because maybe he's a bigot.  

Or maybe he's a cheater.   Still isn't stopping Lu.  She might not have known the Count was a bigot but she sure as hell knows Tom is a cheat.  Good luck with that.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Victoria and her friends posted the video themselves onto YouTube. Ramona did not tweet it. She got kicked out because she and her buddies bragged about it and the school found out and saw it themselves.

Yes, Ramona did tweet the link to the video.  Someone sent it to her and she posted it then told this ridiculous story about how she did it accidentally.  It was a huge issue at the time.  

The other issue was the fact that school only reacted when the video made public waves.  No one knows if they knew about it before Ramona tweeted it or not, but if they did have prior knowledge and didn't do anything, when they kicked Victoria out of school, it created the impression that the school didnt care as much about the bad behavior in the video as they did the bad publicity. 

I have never understood how Luann could ever tolerate being in the presence of Ramona Singer again, much less be friendly with her. I think it shows how desperate Luann is to be on the show. 

• Love 7

She might not have known the Count was a bigot but she sure as hell knows Tom is a cheat. 

True, but she's also a known cheater, and sometimes it takes one to accept/forgive one. Personally, I think the way Tom went about trying to cover it up was as egregious (in terms of his character) as the cheating itself, but if Luann is okay with it all, then I can't say that she deserves better than what she's getting with Tom.

On 8/29/2016 at 4:54 PM, HunterHunted said:

Lydiot Schiavello, "but two rights don't make a right. Wait...two don't make a....two rights don't make a right. No. Two rights at times don't make...it's not necessarily right. Two rights...it doesn't necessarily mean it's right." 

OMG she is a Lydiot! I was left speechless by that scene between her and Pettifleur! Lydiot has more money than brains, she's as pretty as Snow White but I think she's as bitchy as the Evil Queen. 

I love Melbourne. All the drama, all the glamour and none of the fibroids!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

OMG she is a Lydiot! I was left speechless by that scene between her and Pettifleur! Lydiot has more money than brains, she's as pretty as Snow White but I think she's as bitchy as the Evil Queen. 

I love Melbourne. All the drama, all the glamour and none of the fibroids!

She could be poor and this would still hold true.....

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, jaync said:

True, but she's also a known cheater, and sometimes it takes one to accept/forgive one. Personally, I think the way Tom went about trying to cover it up was as egregious (in terms of his character) as the cheating itself, but if Luann is okay with it all, then I can't say that she deserves better than what she's getting with Tom.

I think that Luann believes that a kiss is not that big of a deal, which I tend to agree with however she is starting  to assume responsibility for the jerk kissing another girl.

we had a fight, blah, blah, blah.

She also said on access Hollywood that she might not be back nor televise her upcoming nuptials.

natalie morales went in, on her but Luann did not lose her composure, and Announced that she was pursuing a scripted acting career.

She is really into the whole fairy tale wedding with 3 dresses... Big reception and so forth.

It is touching that a woman her age is still optimistic or she is kinda silly depending your degree of sarcasm.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm of the mindset that part of the reason bigotry persists is because people who should know better aren't letting the people who are bigots know that it is not tolerated or acceptable. If Alex was saying antisemitic things around their children, LuAnn should have shut that down. My mother who for the most part is a very smart lovely woman is casually antislamic because of recent events and a civil war from the country of her birth. Except for some rare situations, I shut that nonsense down ever time she gets into it. It is not acceptable. It's not who I am or what I'm about. Even more than that, I don't feel like small minded backwards notions make this country any better.

THIS RIGHT HERE.  

I'm willing to believe that the Count wasn't right upfront with his antisemitism.  (One!  One Anti-semite! )  But once it's out, what you do about it is on you.  I'm not sure Luann didn't call the Count on the carpet every time he made an antisemitic remark but I'm willing to bet a pretty penny on it.  I would bet she waved it away, swanned right on past it, acted like she hadn't heard, laughed it off and all kinds of other measures folks take when they know they're in the presence of bigotry and don't have the courage to do something about it.  It surely wasn't the reason they divorced.

Do I think Luann is a bigot herself?  I don't know that I've seen anything that illustrates that.  But I have seen elitism, snobbery, and a willingness to deal with bigotry in order to live the lifestyle to which she's become accustomed.  And that's enough to earn my disregard.

Edited by SistaLadybug
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

I'm not sure Luann didn't call the Count on the carpet every time he made an antisemitic remark but I'm willing to bet a pretty penny on it.  I would bet she waved it away, swanned right on past it, acted like she hadn't heard, laughed it off and all kinds of other measures folks take when they know they're in the presence of bigotry and don't have the courage to do something about it.  It surely wasn't the reason they divorced.

Or...the Count is not a bigot at all and Luann made up what she said on TV about him being shocked that she was dating a Jew.  Lu can be passive aggressive and I wouldn't put it past her to have made that up with no way for the Count to defend himself.  How conveeeeenient.  It was something that didn't need to be said about her children's father, but she went there.  She was, after all, hurt that he allegedly dumped her by a text message, IIRC. 

Ugh.  These people.  He had no respect for her, so she probably had none for him.  There's a pattern going on here with Lu and her mens.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yes, Ramona did tweet the link to the video.  Someone sent it to her and she posted it then told this ridiculous story about how she did it accidentally.  It was a huge issue at the time.  

The other issue was the fact that school only reacted when the video made public waves.  No one knows if they knew about it before Ramona tweeted it or not, but if they did have prior knowledge and didn't do anything, when they kicked Victoria out of school, it created the impression that the school didnt care as much about the bad behavior in the video as they did the bad publicity. 

I have never understood how Luann could ever tolerate being in the presence of Ramona Singer again, much less be friendly with her. I think it shows how desperate Luann is to be on the show. 

I saw the video(s)...it was posted on YouTube. It was done by herself and her friends who recorded it on one of their phones. If someone sent it to Ramona, then there were people who already knew about it. I don't remember Luanne saying at the reunion that it was because of you Ramona that Victoria got expelled from school. Yes if Ramona sent the link on Twitter it got more attention, but I think it was already getting lots of attention.

• Love 1

I think Luann didn't say anything because she was trying to keep the story as quiet as possible so as not to do more damage to her daughter.  And I applaud her for that.  Oh, how I wanted her to make a huge stink about what Ramona did!  But Luann was wise to handle it the way she did.  She showed great restraint.  I just still don't understand how she didn't dedicate her life to getting even, though LOL.  She must be a lot nicer person than I am.  Imagine that, someone actually nicer than ME!  I didn't think it was possible.  Anyway.

It's true, the video was available for watching ... to those who knew about.  What Ramona did was make sure EVERYONE knew about it.  I don't think it ever would have blown up the way it did if she had not went out of her way to use it to embarrass Luann.  I certainly would never have heard about it.  And I do think the reason Victoria got kicked out of school was the bad publicity that resulted.  I don't believe that fancy schmancy boarding school has never had a kid use bad language and smoke weed.  Gimme a break.  They felt pushed into taking a public stand because of what Ramona set in action.  

Vile.  V-I-L-E.  Ramona Singer is vile! 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

he sucks, imo

If my math is correct, Lu was close to 30 when she married the Count (she is 51 now, was married for 16 years, and has been divorced for 5 or so years). She was living in Europe and had a whole host of experiences, so she should have known better. What always got to me was the casual way she threw out that Alex liked Jacques, except for the part about him being Jewish. She wasn't embarrassed at all to say that out loud. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I saw the video(s)...it was posted on YouTube. It was done by herself and her friends who recorded it on one of their phones. If someone sent it to Ramona, then there were people who already knew about it. I don't remember Luanne saying at the reunion that it was because of you Ramona that Victoria got expelled from school. Yes if Ramona sent the link on Twitter it got more attention, but I think it was already getting lots of attention.

It was getting zero attention before Ramona retweeted it. Lu didn't even know about it at that point. The article below details how it all happened. The first news that such a video existed was when Ramona sent out her tweet. I believe it was sent to Ramona by a mutual friend. Bravo was doing damage control almost immediately, trying to get to Lu and tell her what had happened and minimize the friction.

I agree with others, in that I've never understood how Lu could so much as look at Ramona after all of that. It is still - in my opinion - the most disgusting thing that one HW has ever done to another HW. What Beth did cannot even come close to comparing. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/real-housewives-new-york-star-luann-de-lesseps-daughter-caught-drug-video-youtube-article-1.153074

• Love 4

I've always felt the Tom kissing Bunny pictures came from someone connected to production but couldn't figure why any of them would have been hanging at Regency to get the pixs.  I usually stay to this site but was poking around elsewhere and happened on a copy of an instagram post from someone who talked about the crew. Take this for what its worth because its one of those my friend knows a person who knows a crew member kind of things. They said that a Bravo crew had been there earlier filming LuAnn and Tom. Since they were done for the week and not the crew going on to Florida, they stayed at the Regency bar to wind down their week. Makes sense to me and fills in the reason for crew involvement. B didn't hire anyone, Andy wasn't involved either, no money changed hands, it was just a coincidence that the crew was there. That and Tom's a dumb ass.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 5
On 8/31/2016 at 0:36 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

It was getting zero attention before Ramona retweeted it. Lu didn't even know about it at that point. The article below details how it all happened. The first news that such a video existed was when Ramona sent out her tweet. I believe it was sent to Ramona by a mutual friend. Bravo was doing damage control almost immediately, trying to get to Lu and tell her what had happened and minimize the friction.

I agree with others, in that I've never understood how Lu could so much as look at Ramona after all of that. It is still - in my opinion - the most disgusting thing that one HW has ever done to another HW. What Beth did cannot even come close to comparing. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/real-housewives-new-york-star-luann-de-lesseps-daughter-caught-drug-video-youtube-article-1.153074

OMG I'm so glad I wasn't watching when this happened.  Ramona fills me with rage with her behaviors.  She is a shitty human being and I never say that about anybody.  She's the worst person I know of in any of the hw franchises.  She's the reason I stopped watching and after this season I might stop again.  Watching her revel in other people's hurt and humiliation is just too much.  And everyone knows that kids are off limits.  They're off limits because until human beings are 25 their frontal cortexes are not fully developed which is another way of saying they're works in progress and are entitled to privacy and protection.  Yeah, Ramona makes Bethenney look like Mother Theresa.  

Anyhoo, reason I came here is because Luann was on WWHL tonight and was looking great.  She's positively glowing with happiness.  She talked about her wedding, 250 guests, 3 designer dresses and her plan to serenade Tom during either the ceremony or reception.  She and Tom have been traveling in Europe over the summer and tooling around on Tom's boat in NYC.  In other news Andy did a who's side are you on poll between Bethenney and Luann and Bethenney won.  

Edited by zulualpha
  • Love 1

I watched too. I don't know many people who could pull off that orange color she was wearing last night, but somehow Lu manages it. She looked great and seemed pretty happy. It grossed me out to hear her talking about Tom, but I guess I'll get over it since it's not my life. 

You can't fake the kind of happiness Luann is displaying.  Plus, she did look gorgeous in that orange dress.  What's the old addage, happiness is the best revenge?  

Was also pleased to hear that they're not registering for wedding gifts.  I'm not side eyeing her on the big wedding with multiple dresses only because she eloped the first time and he's never been married.  It's likely a big deal for his family  

Edited by snarts
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Anyhoo, reason I came here is because Luann was on WWHL tonight and was looking great.  She's positively glowing with happiness.  She talked about her wedding, 250 guests, 3 designer dresses and her plan to serenade Tom during either the ceremony or reception.  She and Tom have been traveling in Europe over the summer and tooling around on Tom's boat in NYC.  In other news Andy did a who's side are you on poll between Bethenney and Luann and Bethenney won.  

I didn't watch, but after reading this, it's clear that LuAnn handled herself with alot more class and dignity than Bethenny.

"When a caller questioned the Countess on her rough relationship with Frankel, she replied, “It makes me sad that she’s so angry with me for no apparent reason, except that, you know, I’m getting married too quick for her taste. I don’t understand why she’s been so angry from the very beginning.”"

and

"“I hope that we can have a friendship again at some point,” she told host Andy Cohen. “You know, I’m happy I wake up happy every day. I hope the same happiness for her.”

http://www.etonline.com/news/197957_luann_de_lesseps_talks_bethenny_frankel_drama_i_m_getting_married_too_quick_for_her_taste/

Poor Andy - Luann refused to play the game, and thus, his BBF continues to look like the classless shrew she is.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I didn't watch, but after reading this, it's clear that LuAnn handled herself with alot more class and dignity than Bethenny.

"When a caller questioned the Countess on her rough relationship with Frankel, she replied, “It makes me sad that she’s so angry with me for no apparent reason, except that, you know, I’m getting married too quick for her taste. I don’t understand why she’s been so angry from the very beginning.”"

and

"“I hope that we can have a friendship again at some point,” she told host Andy Cohen. “You know, I’m happy I wake up happy every day. I hope the same happiness for her.”

http://www.etonline.com/news/197957_luann_de_lesseps_talks_bethenny_frankel_drama_i_m_getting_married_too_quick_for_her_taste/

Poor Andy - Luann refused to play the game, and thus, his BBF continues to look like the classless shrew she is.

I watched the episode, Luann also said Bethenny should stop slut shaming.

There are things about Luann while annoying, I just don't find should raise to the level of hate Bethenny has dished out.

For example, I would have a hard time not laughing at Luann serenading Tom during the wedding.  I guess to some it is romantic but I would find it corny.  Having said that her singing could not be so bad as to start a hate campaign.  It is her wedding and she can do what she wants.  Same with wedding dresses. I hope they are pretty and look good on her but if she picks some one shoulder purple number, chalk it up to bad taste not some moral failing.

Luann was also asked where she was registered.  She is not.  Since she and Tom already have homes, they are asking guests to instead, if they wish, to make a donation to American Cancer Society.   

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's good that they aren't registered. I'm still annoyed by Nene registering for her remarriage to Gregg. It was gross and gauche.

I agree about Nene and Gregg.  He never even moved out of the house.  I think the divorce was a way for Nene to get out from under some debt, and the wedding a thinly disguised fund raiser.  It is kind of sad every time Nene seems to get ahead, she neglects paying her taxes.

• Love 4

Luann posted this video.from Extra dress shopping with Victoria.   The dresses seem to be more of the evening gown variety, no poofy sleeves or balloon skirts for her.  Very chic.  She also says in the video that Bethenney is not invited "for now".  Either she's waiting for Bethenney to apologize or she's negotiating with Bravo for some kind of wedding special.  Whatever, if she invites Bethenney she going to have to listen to Bethenney's vicious talking heads ripping apart her wedding.   Same for Ramona.  Yuck.  They should have another reception on the show next season where the other hws can attend and leave the wedding to people that actually wish the couple well. 

It's great that the guests can contribute to the American Cancer Society instead of spending money on more stuff for Tom and Luann who probably don't need another toaster.  Guests can contribute to an above reproach charity that everybody can (unfortunately) relate to and get a tax write off at the same time.  Win, win.

• Love 5

I didn't really care about whether Lu's nuptials would be televised or not but now that I know she'll be serenading Tom!

That shit has GOT to be televised.

Come on Lu, go old school with a little Hank Williams, "Your cheatin' heart will make you weep......"

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

ICome on Lu, go old school with a little Hank Williams, "Your cheatin' heart will make you weep......"

That's an excellent recommendation.  For her encore, I would suggest a more upbeat tune like Hit 'Em Up Style by Blu Cantrell.  You always want to leave the crowd on a high note.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I didn't really care about whether Lu's nuptials would be televised or not but now that I know she'll be serenading Tom!

That shit has GOT to be televised.

Come on Lu, go old school with a little Hank Williams, "Your cheatin' heart will make you weep......"

Bravo would be too cheap to pay royalties so they would have to be Luann originals.  Double fun.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Luann posted this video.from Extra dress shopping with Victoria.   The dresses seem to be more of the evening gown variety, no poofy sleeves or balloon skirts for her.  Very chic.  She also says in the video that Bethenney is not invited "for now".  Either she's waiting for Bethenney to apologize or she's negotiating with Bravo for some kind of wedding special.  Whatever, if she invites Bethenney she going to have to listen to Bethenney's vicious talking heads ripping apart her wedding.   Same for Ramona.  Yuck.  They should have another reception on the show next season where the other hws can attend and leave the wedding to people that actually wish the couple well. 

It's great that the guests can contribute to the American Cancer Society instead of spending money on more stuff for Tom and Luann who probably don't need another toaster.  Guests can contribute to an above reproach charity that everybody can (unfortunately) relate to and get a tax write off at the same time.  Win, win.

Well there you go. Beth isn't invited "for now". So that may change if Bravo wants to film and says invite Beth? If Beth apologizes? What could she possibly do to get an invite to Lu's wedding? I guess being called a whore on national TV and being accused of getting finger banged on a dance floor isn't really that grave a sin to Lu. So many have been outraged on Lu's behalf, but it doesn't sound like she is nearly as offended. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Well there you go. Beth isn't invited "for now". So that may change if Bravo wants to film and says invite Beth? If Beth apologizes? What could she possibly do to get an invite to Lu's wedding? I guess being called a whore on national TV and being accused of getting finger banged on a dance floor isn't really that grave a sin to Lu. So many have been outraged on Lu's behalf, but it doesn't sound like she is nearly as offended. 

There are several other times Luann has answered no.  Bethenny has said she would not go.  It is becoming a rhetorical question. http://www.people.com/article/luann-de-lesseps-bethenny-frankel-tom-dagostino-wedding-invite

Again it is situation where Luann wants to make it about her wedding, not Bethenny Frankel.  I personally think it is idiotic to continue to act coy about the situation-just be straight forward, "hell no". To me the more relevant question would be if Ramona and Sonja who are dying for invites will receive one.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Right-o.  And she even said herself on WWHL that she hopes that she and Bethenny can repair their friendship. I mean...

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/09/14/despite-terrible-things-bethenny-said-luann-de-lesseps-hopes-reconcile-friendship/

Also think it's interesting that, when questioned whose side are you on now--that 73% of the voters sided with Bethenny. 

I don't necessarily agree. I think it should be 50/50. Equal blame for equally terrible people.  

• Love 4

LuAnn was on Wendy Williams today. I don't know why I expect LuAnn to ever change her demeanor. The makeout session happened "so long ago". It doesn't matter that Tom dated Ramona or Sonja because "he's marrying me. These other women would love to be in my position". Well, according to Sonja she has been in your position, Luann. /rimshot 

It was a very different interview than last week's with Bethenny Frankel. Wendy was pretty tough on LuAnn and (in a moment I found hilarious) told her the show had purchased a title for her online. Wendy presented her with a rather large framed certificate citing that "Lady LuAnn" owned a five-foot square of mud in England that she was free to go & water whenever she wanted. LuAnn informed Wendy that her title would actually now be "Queen D'Agostino". 

I think one of my fascinations with many of the housewives is watching their perception of themselves change and how quickly that happens. It kind of bums me out because I've seen women IRL who change drastically when they lose their bearings and a kind of false arrogance takes over.

Okay now I'm sad. No more pseudo-deep thoughts about RH tonight. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

LuAnn was on Wendy Williams today. I don't know why I expect LuAnn to ever change her demeanor. The makeout session happened "so long ago". It doesn't matter that Tom dated Ramona or Sonja because "he's marrying me. These other women would love to be in my position". Well, according to Sonja she has been in your position, Luann. /rimshot 

It was a very different interview than last week's with Bethenny Frankel. Wendy was pretty tough on LuAnn and (in a moment I found hilarious) told her the show had purchased a title for her online. Wendy presented her with a rather large framed certificate citing that "Lady LuAnn" owned a five-foot square of mud in England that she was free to go & water whenever she wanted. LuAnn informed Wendy that her title would actually now be "Queen D'Agostino". 

I think one of my fascinations with many of the housewives is watching their perception of themselves change and how quickly that happens. It kind of bums me out because I've seen women IRL who change drastically when they lose their bearings and a kind of false arrogance takes over.

Okay now I'm sad. No more pseudo-deep thoughts about RH tonight. 

I don't think it helped that Wendy made it sound like Luann knocked Sonja off the aisle as she was marching down to marry Tom. Reality check. There was so much more to talk about. 

The purchased title was such a lame bit.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Good grief.

I hope they didn't choose that poster as their background.

Awkward is right.

omg.  I didn't even NOTICE the poster when I first saw this. Holy hell.  That ratchets the Awko Factor up to 11 for sure.

• Love 5