Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Guinnessgirl said:

Like this...Lisa-Vanderpumps-Season-8-Reunion-Dress-1.jpg.74ebaa52a73d864aecdb35a52c601f3a.jpg

Whoa! And Lol! Dear Lisa, WTF?

Getting back to the RHOC stars. I'm going to hit all of them hard right now: By Orange County CA standards....all of these women are FAT. Maybe Tamra might be considered ok but every single one of the other HoWives (not just Vicki) are FAT.  Do I think they're fat? No. But in OC Ca, all of them....fatty fat fatties...piggy wiggys. 

• Love 3

I don’t think Vicki is ever going to be over Brooks.  She has a spreadsheet on him?  She’s suing him for return of money she gave him because she “won’t let him get away with it”?  She sounds like a middle school girl who “left” her sweater at her ex’s house as an excuse to contact him again. If she is as happy as she says, and as rich as she says, she would not be interested in getting revenge, and she would not care about the money.  My opinion is that she knows that Steve is more suitable for her, but it’s Brooks that she is obsessed with.  

PS how does she have a spreadsheet of his finances?  Does she have a way to track his income and his spending?  Eeek that’s kind of as scary as having insurance of her ex-husband’s life.  

Seriously Vicki is the worst person.  I’ve waited for years for them to kick her off; that’s not going to happen but maybe it’s time for this boring show to end 

• Love 15

The thing is, saying Kelly does coke and is a bad mom isn't the worst thing Vicki has ever done.  In the realm of Vicki, it's not even that bad.  It might seem worse because she's been trying to be good this season, but let's not forget she's a cancer scamming asshole.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Thank you for contributing to my education about the burden of proof in a civil matter.  What I said was that there was an additional burden on Kelly as a public figure, which is true, as I will point out again, below.  (What is untrue is that the burden is always on the defendant in a civil, or criminal, matter.  There are times when the plaintiff makes a prima facie case, and then the burden shifts to the defendant, I think, often when a defendant's reputation is at issue.)

I never stated that the burden of proof is on the defendant. I actually stated the exact opposite. Furthermore, why would the defendant's character be at issue? It would rarely be germane. Even if the plaintiff alleges that the defendant is an inveterate liar who knowingly spread falsehoods about the plaintiff, the success of the plaintiff's case would always hinge on the plaintiff proving that the defendant's allegations are false. The defendant's reputation or history of lying would most likely come into play with punitive damages, which are usually awarded to punish the defendant and discourage similar bad actors when there are no criminal remedies available.

6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Can you identify the false statement or statements that you believe Vicki made that is one are actionable? 

Can you identify the damage to Kelly's reputation that you believe is actionable?  

Seeing as how Kelly is a public figure, which would make the burden hers to prove the statement false, do you know how Kelly can prove that it is false?  

Can you please elaborate on your theory that Kelly can sue for "non-economic damages"?  I can't even find that in my bar book.  How would said damages be calculated?  On what basis?

Per New York Times Co v Sullivan and the Restatement of Torts, actual malice is the main difference between a defamation case brought by a public figure versus one brought by a private individual. Private individuals and public figures both have the burden of proof when bringing defamation cases. However, the standards of proof are different based upon who has made the allegation. Even in per se defamation cases, the plaintiff still has the burden of proof to demonstrate that the allegations were made.

Non-economic damages is a thing. Pain and suffering are non-economic damages.

I've neither stated that Kelly has actual damages nor that anything Vicki has said is particularly actionable. I stated that Vicki's statement of her retaliatory intent suggests that her allegations might meet the actual malice requirement.

Additionally, the rule of thumb is that if a statement can be proved or disproved with evidence, then it's likely to be subject to the requirements for defamation. So how does Kelly disprove Vicki's statement? Kelly deposes everyone Vicki has indicated has provided her with information of drug use. If all of them deny it, this bolsters Kelly's argument. Kelly could perform a hair follicle test and turn over her medical records. She could disclose her records from when she was court ordered into AA or from her custody dispute with Michael. If a statement cannot be proven or disproved with any reasonable means, then it's probably an opinion. How do you prove that Vicki is a fart? You can't because it's an opinion and a simile.

Furthermore, I'd argue that some of the allegations previously considered automatically defamatory, like allegations of criminal inactivity such as drug use and sexual impropriety, are not particularly valid because these types of allegations no longer hold the same type of sway that they used to.

As far as a Brandi/Joanna Krupa case, it has not been brought to my attention prior to reading your post today, so I can't comment on it.

What does it mean that "Joana looked like she was on track to win"? What are the indicia of that? Where I learned law, we read, in large part, case law.  It was always very important to see what the judge decided, and why.  If this Brandi/Joana case that you speak of was settled out of court, there is no precedent off of which to work.  Are there any cases where a plaintiff won a verdict based on circumstances analogous to the facts presented here?  

Brandi and Joanna's case was covered extensively in the national and international news.

The reason I wrote that Joanna appeared to be on the cusp of winning was because everyone that Brandi alleged had shared the allegation with her or was present when the allegations were conveyed specifically denied all of this.  Additionally, I believe that Joanna turned over her medical records and the judge authorized Joanna's counsel to do a forensic review of Brandi's finances.

As I said before, this isn't my area of expertise. I've been out of law school for almost 15 years. However, the vast majority of my time has been spent in legislative and regulatory practice. I've worked on writing statutes and rules about criminal justice, health care, and probate issues. I do have some experience working on local control, economic development, and licensing issues too.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Getting back to the RHOC stars. I'm going to hit all of them hard right now: By Orange County CA standards....all of these women are FAT. Maybe Tamra might be considered ok but every single one of the other HoWives (not just Vicki) are FAT.  Do I think they're fat? No. But in OC Ca, all of them....fatty fat fatties...piggy wiggys. 

Wait...huh? WTF is wrong with California that Tamara is on the verge of and Gina is considered fat? That's some frighteningly serious psychological pathology going on there.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 21
23 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The thing is, saying Kelly does coke and is a bad mom isn't the worst thing Vicki has ever done.  In the realm of Vicki, it's not even that bad.  It might seem worse because she's been trying to be good this season, but let's not forget she's a cancer scamming asshole.

For some reason, this reminded me of Gina's reaction when Vicki talked about Brooks filling her love tank.  She clearly had never heard that particular Vicki-ism before and was just as grossed out as we all were the first time we heard it. 

10 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Wait...huh? WTF is wrong with California that Tamara is on the verge of and Gina is considered fat? That's some frighteningly serious psychological pathology going on there.

I was about to say the same - Gina isn't fat!  Tamra and Kelly aren't even close either, IMO.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Come visit south Orange County CA on your next vacation!  If you're a female, be sure to work on your "thigh gap" before you arrive! Lol

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Who styles these people? Are they blind?

The BB on the designer label isn't for Bill Blass (is he still around?) iT's for Barnum & Bailey.

Look up 2017 N.Y. Housewives and see the difference.  No comparison.  Reunion.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Come visit south Orange County CA on your next vacation!  If you're a female, be sure to work on your "thigh gap" before you arrive! Lol

Should I become a bleach blonde too to qualify?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Should I become a bleach blonde too to qualify?

Not necessarily, we have gorgeous Latino women here also. And a splash of real Irish redheads! 

But seriously, Orange County Ca is a beautiful place to visit or live.Nice people (and dickheads)  are everywhere in all places on the planet, not just here. But OC Ca IS the only place on earth with a Vicki Gunvalson!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Not necessarily, we have gorgeous Latino women here also. And a splash of real Irish redheads! 

But seriously, Orange County Ca is a beautiful place to visit or live.Nice people (and dickheads)  are everywhere in all places on the planet, not just here. But OC Ca IS the only place on earth with a Vicki Gunvalson!

Always wanted to rent a car and drive up Route 1 from San Diego to north of San Francisco, but it was never the right time.  Kids in school, blah, blah, blah, never made it.  Got as far as Denver and Vegas to see relatives.  Now, that we can, it would be a struggle all around.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I never stated that the burden of proof is on the defendant. I actually stated the exact opposite. Furthermore, why would the defendant's character be at issue? It would rarely be germane. Even if the plaintiff alleges that the defendant is an inveterate liar who knowingly spread falsehoods about the plaintiff, the success of the plaintiff's case would always hinge on the plaintiff proving that the defendant's allegations are false. The defendant's reputation or history of lying would most likely come into play with punitive damages, which are usually awarded to punish the defendant and discourage similar bad actors when there are no criminal remedies available.

Per New York Times Co v Sullivan and the Restatement of Torts, actual malice is the main difference between a defamation case brought by a public figure versus one brought by a private individual. Private individuals and public figures both have the burden of proof when bringing defamation cases. However, the standards of proof are different based upon who has made the allegation. Even in per se defamation cases, the plaintiff still has the burden of proof to demonstrate that the allegations were made.

Non-economic damages is a thing. Pain and suffering are non-economic damages.

I've neither stated that Kelly has actual damages nor that anything Vicki has said is particularly actionable. I stated that Vicki's statement of her retaliatory intent suggests that her allegations might meet the actual malice requirement.

Additionally, the rule of thumb is that if a statement can be proved or disproved with evidence, then it's likely to be subject to the requirements for defamation. So how does Kelly disprove Vicki's statement? Kelly deposes everyone Vicki has indicated has provided her with information of drug use. If all of them deny it, this bolsters Kelly's argument. Kelly could perform a hair follicle test and turn over her medical records. She could disclose her records from when she was court ordered into AA or from her custody dispute with Michael. If a statement cannot be proven or disproved with any reasonable means, then it's probably an opinion. How do you prove that Vicki is a fart? You can't because it's an opinion and a simile.

Furthermore, I'd argue that some of the allegations previously considered automatically defamatory, like allegations of criminal inactivity such as drug use and sexual impropriety, are not particularly valid because these types of allegations no longer hold the same type of sway that they used to.

Brandi and Joanna's case was covered extensively in the national and international news.

The reason I wrote that Joanna appeared to be on the cusp of winning was because everyone that Brandi alleged had shared the allegation with her or was present when the allegations were conveyed specifically denied all of this.  Additionally, I believe that Joanna turned over her medical records and the judge authorized Joanna's counsel to do a forensic review of Brandi's finances.

As I said before, this isn't my area of expertise. I've been out of law school for almost 15 years. However, the vast majority of my time has been spent in legislative and regulatory practice. I've worked on writing statutes and rules about criminal justice, health care, and probate issues. I do have some experience working on local control, economic development, and licensing issues too.

Long time lurker. First time poster. You guys are so funny and pick up on so much that I agree with! Sometimes I don't even need to watch the show!

Not trying to disrespect anyone, but maybe this legal talk is getting a little too intense (and a little condescending)? if this isn't your area of expertise and the OP is a lawyer why don't you guys just hash it out over "DM"? Lawyers love to talk--believe me! (Sorry if I offended anyone! I just like to come on here and NOT feel like I'm at work!)

Please carry on with the dresses. Personally, I think they all looked fug. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Left to right.  Dorit ripped somebodys drapes off their window.  Lisa is a space cadet.  Kyle .. I just can’t figure out what she was thinking.

If this dress were truly made of someone's drapes, I can't fault Dorit because metallic purple is a horrifying choice for drapes. An attempt to try to rectify a decorative color scheme by removing metallic purple drapes can only be classified as a mitzvah.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, Judge Milianaire said:

I'm glad you came out of hiding!!  I agree about the dresses.  I usually hate most of the reunion dresses.   Also, just say no to sequins!   That's one of those things that should be used with a "less is more" approach.  YMMV.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Am I the only one who doesn't automatically assume the "pig" reference in Kelly's tweet had anything to do with weight? You can call someone a "pig" in reference to their behavior. 

Exactly!  I quoted her tweet and it certainly sounds to have two meanings, and the worser pig part is V's behavior and choices.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, mon berg said:

kelly has a problem since she has been on the show it is clear to see she is medicating this may be pills, alcohol or something else

I am not trying to shame or judge Kelly but to add to the irony of drinking while proclaiming to be anti-drug, wasn’t it Kelly who gave Vicki the pharmaceutical cocktail in Iceland? She had Rinna level pills with her 

• Love 4
On 11/26/2018 at 7:31 AM, Guinnessgirl said:

Long time reader, first time caller.  Can't stand Gina.  The whole time every time they showed her this came to mind:

MV5BNjUwNDU2ODcyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM1ODY0MzE@._V1_.jpg

Ha! I agree. Her look is so dated. I thought she looked terrible.

None of them looked very good to me. Shannon's hair looked good but her face looked off to me... something about her mouth? Kelly looked ok but was wearing too much hair. Emily's outfit was too tight and not flattering. Vicki's face looked pretty good but I didn't like her dress. 

I was distracted (not in a good way) by Tamra's breasts. 

Where did the cocaine thing came from? I did not see that coming. Have there been stories about Kelly or was Vicki just being vicious? 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Judge Milianaire said:

Long time lurker. First time poster. You guys are so funny and pick up on so much that I agree with! Sometimes I don't even need to watch the show!

Not trying to disrespect anyone, but maybe this legal talk is getting a little too intense (and a little condescending)? if this isn't your area of expertise and the OP is a lawyer why don't you guys just hash it out over "DM"? Lawyers love to talk--believe me! (Sorry if I offended anyone! I just like to come on here and NOT feel like I'm at work!)

Glad you are here. This is a fun group and your opinions are very much welcome. Please post again!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Judge Milianaire said:

THANK YOU.  On to the dresses and the Adams Family drapes, lol.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I remember LVP wearing it as well on a RH reunion : )

Thank you, LastWaltz!  I had my fingers crossed that someone younger and more computer-savvy would remember too and post a pic!  Nice to know I am not crazy, and one other person remembers too!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Dear Lord, what to say about her cleavage area.  

She looks like her chest has cystic acne with pitting, AND she was a cutter, AND just a pizza face (sorry, chest).  WHY isn't she self-conscious and living in turtlenecks 12 mos./yr???

• Love 6
17 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

She looks like her chest has cystic acne with pitting, AND she was a cutter, AND just a pizza face (sorry, chest).  WHY isn't she self-conscious and living in turtlenecks 12 mos./yr???

They don’t look natural.  Two hard looking oversized baseballs.  Not feminine at all.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Ha! I agree. Her look is so dated. I thought she looked terrible.

None of them looked very good to me. Shannon's hair looked good but her face looked off to me... something about her mouth? Kelly looked ok but was wearing too much hair. Emily's outfit was too tight and not flattering. Vicki's face looked pretty good but I didn't like her dress. 

Where did the cocaine thing came from? I did not see that coming. Have there been stories about Kelly or was Vicki just being vicious? 

Shannon got fillers.  She has that same weird look to her cheeks that Tori Spelling does now if you see her in a 3/4 profile.  She also got her lips done, probably a bit too much.  And, I think she might have had filler put in above her top lip to get rid of vertical wrinkles.  Her whole upper lip area looks like someone stuffed something into it.  

image.thumb.png.e276695eafca54d16cc7e7fea362783a.png

I can't find a good pic of it, but if you watch the beginning here, you'll see it around the 5 second mark.  Her lips and the area above her upper lip are clearly different.  

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-13/videos/behind-the-scenes-of-the-rhoc-season-13

• Love 7

You guys have all done an amazing job of covering the ridiculousness of the first part of the reunion. 

As for Vicki and the current face she’s wearing, it’s as if it’s made from that pink slime stuff used to make some fast food products. It’s an amorphous blob that gets molded and shaped into place while also looking like an indentation would remain if even the slightest pressure were applied. 

Does it get reshaped every morning or does she have a hard mask she applies that smooshes things into place?

When it comes to their dresses, I’m convinced it’s because they don’t have any actual friends to ask how something looks. It’s all people on their payrolls who like being employed, so of course they look amazing while those that disagree just don’t get “high fashion” (or high fashion if they’ve been munching on the blueberries).

• Love 8
14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Hard disagree. Gina is clearly quite thin and Kelly is slim too. And yes, even by OC standards. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, nightmeri said:

I am not trying to shame or judge Kelly but to add to the irony of drinking while proclaiming to be anti-drug, wasn’t it Kelly who gave Vicki the pharmaceutical cocktail in Iceland? She had Rinna level pills with her 

She talked the most about pot in Jamaica too.......

• Love 7
7 hours ago, cork dork said:

You guys have all done an amazing job of covering the ridiculousness of the first part of the reunion. 

As for Vicki and the current face she’s wearing, it’s as if it’s made from that pink slime stuff used to make some fast food products. It’s an amorphous blob that gets molded and shaped into place while also looking like an indentation would remain if even the slightest pressure were applied. 

Does it get reshaped every morning or does she have a hard mask she applies that smooshes things into place?

When it comes to their dresses, I’m convinced it’s because they don’t have any actual friends to ask how something looks. It’s all people on their payrolls who like being employed, so of course they look amazing while those that disagree just don’t get “high fashion” (or high fashion if they’ve been munching on the blueberries).

Yep.  You would think for a reunion they would all get glammed up for a change.  The other franchises all get dressed up to the hilt.  These just picked any ole thing from the closet.  Emily and Vick always wear their clothes too tight.  And don’t even get me started on the boobs.  Shannon starting with the fillers.  What a shame.

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, nexxie said:

I don’t know - watching Dirty John now and the woman seems too eager and willfully blind to the con to be considered completely innocent.

I listened to the podcast where they interviewed the woman and her daughters and I LOATHED Debra.  She was the WORST.  Even after everything that happened (I won't spoil it), she STILL giggles and sounds starry eyed when describing him on the podcast.  It's sick.   I think her and Vicki are VERY similar.  People were comparing them long before this reunion and it's NOT a compliment towards Vicki.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

She talked the most about pot in Jamaica too.......

I heard her on a podcast that she was on, and she wound up saying when she was pressed about some of her outlandish comments, that she "just says stuff" ie for affect and aren't 100% true or even true at all.  She doesn't keep a stable of men or have one waiting in the wings.  I'm sure she has male friends of some sort, but painting herself as (my words not hers) 'of course hot property' is just her part of being social. 

Ever since then when I have heard her loud comments I just see her trying to grab the social spotlight, and it seems to make sense.  So on the pot talk, I lean that maybe that was just banter.  I could be wrong or course.

And, sure, it is strange that if she is so anti-drugs why she would make jokes like that.  Otoh, she may get a wakeup call and considers what her true stance is and what her messaging should be.

Thanks for pointing out her pot talk, as it is relevant for the post-season review.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

When the "ladies" were in Jamaica sunning themselves in bikinis by the ocean (while Kelly was doing gymnastics on a water toy) I noticed that Tamra's legs were full of brown spots. And her neck was starting to look gross quite some time ago. She's got a great body but no amount of exercise will help her age spots and wrinkled neck. 

On 11/27/2018 at 10:02 AM, Guinnessgirl said:

Like this...Lisa-Vanderpumps-Season-8-Reunion-Dress-1.jpg.74ebaa52a73d864aecdb35a52c601f3a.jpg

Lisa looks like she's got a magnum of booze shoved under her dress on her stomach. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 10
On 11/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, TexasGal said:

They need to give the Vicki/Dirty John connection a rest.

I love watching Shannon and Tamra react to Vicki going over the line.  Tamra especially since she’s such an evil person herself.

I think a lot of women (including me) have had a Dirty John in their life. I did. But I was in my 30's. Not 50+ years. And I caught on eventually, way before things got nowhere close to Vicki and the alleged $hit Brooks did "to" Vicki. And my "Dirty John" was a smokin' hot veterinarian with nice teeth! Lol

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ladle said:

I'm ashamed to admit I laughed at "Lies-a Minnelli." 

Keeping it classy as always, Gunvalson!

That was funny! But I've heard it before so it's not like Kelly made it up on the spur of the  moment. However, Kelly did use it on the most appropriate recipient....Vicki. 

• Love 8