Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, HunterHunted said:

Who stole it from Omar from The Wire, which seems to be an interpretation of a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, which was “When you strike (at) a king you must kill him.” But as an FYI, if something seems like a catchphrase coming from Bethenny, not only is it probably not original to her, but a Black person either said it first or made it famous.

Bethenny's ability to jump onto a trend or catchphrase once it's beyond over is remarkable. It's like Dennis "The Beeper King" in 30 Rock. Hangin' with my snowmies! 

Thank you! I'm guessing that Bethenny might be the "gateway" to more "urban" sayings among certain segments of the viewership, but she's most certainly not the trend leader for anyone to ever copy her sayings. Being on someone's jock is at least a couple decades old reference; "You best not miss" is not anything that Bethenny came up with; and "chilling with my snow-mies" was a reference that Bethenny thought made her oh so hip but just tagged her as a try hard as did naming her dogs Biggie and Smalls. But Bethenny is this to me when I hear her utter these things.

7e5df59558215a4d3df10cb8583faf44.jpg

21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But in the scenario that actually happened B didn’t accommodate, A was fine with not being accommodated and then Carole (because the A/B thing no longer works) made it a huge thing even though A and B didnt think it was a situation much less a difficult one. 

I think Carole wanted to let LuAnn know that even though Naeem said it was OK and that he, Ranjana, and LuAnn had some shots of tequila afterward, it still wasn't cool what LuAnn had done. Lest LuAnn try it again in the future with the Khans or someone else (because LuAnn is nothing if not entitled). 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Thank you! I'm guessing that Bethenny might be the "gateway" to more "urban" sayings to certain segments of the viewrship, but she's most certainly not the trend leader for anyone to ever copy her sayings. Being on someones jock is at least a couple decades old reference; "You best not miss" is not anything that Bethenny came up with; and "chilling with my snow-mies" was a reference that Bethenny thought made her oh so hip but just tagged her as a try hard as did naming her dogs Biggie and Smalls. But Bethenny is this to me when I hear her utter these things.

7e5df59558215a4d3df10cb8583faf44.jpg

I think Carole wanted to let LuAnn know that even though Naeem said it was OK and that he, Ranjana, and LuAnn had some shots of tequila afterward, it still wasn't cool what LuAnn had done. Lest LuAnn try it again in the future with the Khans or someone else (because LuAnn is nothing if not entitled). 

Loooooove your post. Everything.

Love Buscemi. Which film or TV show is that from? Thanks!

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Loooooove your post. Everything.

Love Buscemi. Which film or TV show is that from? Thanks!

It's also from an episode of 30 Rock. Steve's character is describing when he worked on a 21 Jump Street type squad.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Wonder if she is going to bring "receipts" to the reunion?

I'm sure she will.

This is very "hmm" -- from the link:

"Bethenny texted me -- it must've been 40 or 50 text messages -- and I was trying to keep up, trying to keep up, and finally I said, 'Bethenny, it's a lot for text message. Please, this is important, let's talk when we get back to New York in 2 days."

WTF?

Frankel sends dozens upon dozens of texts, but tells the world she sent "one" text (with a lovely picture of the two of them). And then -- to what? make Radziwill (still her dear friend at that point) look bad? -- she also tells people that Radziwill coldly blew off her lovely photo/message (and all at Christmas, because of course, poor Bethenny is the Little SkinnyMatchGirl). And what a surprise, none of it is true.

The woman lies about everything -- and everyone  -- so yeah, bring all the receipts, Radziwill, bring every last one. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, film noire said:

I'm sure she will.

This is very "hmm" -- from the link:

"Bethenny texted me -- it must've been 40 or 50 text messages -- and I was trying to keep up, trying to keep up, and finally I said, 'Bethenny, it's a lot for text message. Please, this is important, let's talk when we get back to New York in 2 days."

WTF?

Frankel sends dozens upon dozens of texts, but tells the world she sent "one" text (with a lovely picture of the two of them). And then -- to what? make Radziwill (still her dear friend at that point) look bad? -- she also tells people that Radziwill coldly blew off her lovely photo/message (and all at Christmas, because of course, poor Bethenny is the Little SkinnyMatchGirl). And what a surprise, none of it is true.

The woman lies about everything -- and everyone  -- so yeah, bring all the receipts, Radziwill, bring every last one. 

Hmmmm.... Lost at sea, homeless, never had a birthday party, torture, sent one sweet text....

Jason, the boat captain, her mother, Carole et al have all been making shit up all this time and poor, poor Bethenny has been the suffering victim every time.

https://nypost.com/2011/10/23/frankel-y-my-dear-you-lied/

Anyhoo, back to Carole as this is her thread.

Hey Carole, Mention It All!

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9

OMG - season 5 Carole, she was snatchy back then... constant snipes about Luann. And her defense of George and Aviva against Ramona... how sweet it was when Aviva turned her nasty wrath once saved for Ramona, to Carole.... Also - holy cow she was a Carrie Bradshaw/SATC wannabe back then as well... There is a scene where her book of fiction was about to come out and she says she wants to throw a party and get gifts for "birthing a book" as she figured she had spent tons of money (paraphrasing here) towards baby gifts for friends showers - oh wait, wasn't that a storyline of sorts in SATC? Where Carrie's Manolo's go missing and she ponders, while walking down the street with MIranda I think, how this woman who wouldn't compensate Carrie for her MIA shoes, that she was owed it - as she had spent countless $$ over the years at baby showers, weddings etc and so on - and writes an invite to this woman in an attempt to get a replacement pair of shoes - which she gets from said woman in the end... anywho - when that scene with Carole played I was like, holy poop - she really does want to be Carrie Bradshaw! Blah. I'm surprised Carole hasn't gotten a perm to put all those lovely CB curls in her hair... all she needs to do now is show up in a tutu....

• Love 6
7 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

OMG - season 5 Carole, she was snatchy back then... constant snipes about Luann. And her defense of George and Aviva against Ramona... how sweet it was when Aviva turned her nasty wrath once saved for Ramona, to Carole.... Also - holy cow she was a Carrie Bradshaw/SATC wannabe back then as well... There is a scene where her book of fiction was about to come out and she says she wants to throw a party and get gifts for "birthing a book" as she figured she had spent tons of money (paraphrasing here) towards baby gifts for friends showers - oh wait, wasn't that a storyline of sorts in SATC? Where Carrie's Manolo's go missing and she ponders, while walking down the street with MIranda I think, how this woman who wouldn't compensate Carrie for her MIA shoes, that she was owed it - as she had spent countless $$ over the years at baby showers, weddings etc and so on - and writes an invite to this woman in an attempt to get a replacement pair of shoes - which she gets from said woman in the end... anywho - when that scene with Carole played I was like, holy poop - she really does want to be Carrie Bradshaw! Blah. I'm surprised Carole hasn't gotten a perm to put all those lovely CB curls in her hair... all she needs to do now is show up in a tutu....

So, this was a big thing back when that season aired, and I'm still fascinated by the reaction to "birthing a book." Carole is not the first author to say that, and she most certainly won't be the last. I've gone to many a writer's talk where a writer (not every writer, of course, but a number of them) will say that the process--which is literally inaccurate as they aren't passing a book down a vaginal canal or having one removed via c-section--is akin to giving birth. Like, they're speaking metaphorically, and, again, this isn't something copied from SATC. And the fact that parties do often get thrown for book releases, well, it doesn't come off as odd to me that Carole thought similar for her book.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

So, this was a big thing back when that season aired, and I'm still fascinated by the reaction to "birthing a book." Carole is not the first author to say that, and she most certainly won't be the last. I've gone to many a writer's talk where a writer (not every writer, of course, but a number of them) will say that the process--which is literally inaccurate as they aren't passing a book down a vaginal canal or having one removed via c-section--is akin to giving birth. Like, they're speaking metaphorically, and, again, this isn't something copied from SATC. And the fact that parties do often get thrown for book releases, well, it doesn't come off as odd to me that Carole thought similar for her book.

my comment wasn't about her birthing a book - it was about making the big todo about having a baby shower of sorts since she won't likely have her own human baby - so she should have a party with gifts - not unlike Carrie Bradshaw pondering being single and not getting a party with gifts - so Carrie sent her friend an invitation to her single girl celebration with a note she was registered at Manolo. She also does a lot of her talking heads in the SATC Carrie pondering life style. Finally - I was an English major - I'm well versed on "Birthing a book" and did not take it literally.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was catching up on IG stories this morning, and Carole’s stories from yesterday popped up. She was going for an afternoon motorcycle ride with one of the trainers from Conbody (Sultan) after her workout session, and I was reminded by how much I couldn’t take my eyes off him whenever the camera flashed to him lol. 

He sounds like he got Timbs and Yankee fitteds tumbling out of his mouth, and I’m swooning. (NY accents and Louisiana—specifically New Orleanean—accents send me swooning.)

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 7

I’m trying to figure out why I find Beth more offensive than Carole. I am rewatching the first season with Dorinda. Carole has never, as far as I can remember, ridiculed a stranger on camera. Beth ridicules a man for wearing a velvet jacket and a waiter for explaining the menu (something, most likely, someone trained him to do when the restaurant first hired him). Beth defaults to sarcasm and dismissing others. 

Beth says one nice thing: she compliments Lu for wearing her hair short, which seems very European. Carole, unfortunately, clarifies that Lu is not European- - she’s from Connecticut. Then Beth has to pot/kettle it by complaining that everyone else always gets in their little digs. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m trying to figure out why I find Beth more offensive than Carole. I am rewatching the first season with Dorinda. Carole has never, as far as I can remember, ridiculed a stranger on camera. Beth ridicules a man for wearing a velvet jacket and a waiter for explaining the menu (something, most likely, someone trained him to do when the restaurant first hired him). Beth defaults to sarcasm and dismissing others. 

Beth says one nice thing: she compliments Lu for wearing her hair short, which seems very European. Carole, unfortunately, clarifies that Lu is not European- - she’s from Connecticut. Then Beth has to pot/kettle it by complaining that everyone else always gets in their little digs. 

Beth seems truly malevolent toward others, while Carole can be snarky and obnoxious but doesn’t seem malevolent.

• Love 9

Both Carole and B seemed pretty obnoxious and malevolent toward Jules. They were straight up cruel. I wonder if Carole is rethinking allowing B to use her as a mouthpiece against Jason.

Also I saw a quick shot of Carole's stomach in an episode. She has no room to shame anyone for being painfully thin.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, nexxie said:

Beth seems truly malevolent toward others, while Carole can be snarky and obnoxious but doesn’t seem malevolent.

I find Carole worse, I think it's because I'm noticing she really likes to kick a person when they are down, how she's acting about Lu and her arrest is a tipping point for me. Also,  like Dorinda, there isn't a depth she won't sink to when she's angry. But where Dorinda usually only sinks low when she's drinking,  except for at Sonja,  and I think she'd shelve it if Sonja were jailed as well, Carole does it calculatingly. 

Bethany is overall witchier, but not as cruel. They both are horrible people. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Normades said:

Both Carole and B seemed pretty obnoxious and malevolent toward Jules. They were straight up cruel. I wonder if Carole is rethinking allowing B to use her as a mouthpiece against Jason.

Also I saw a quick shot of Carole's stomach in an episode. She has no room to shame anyone for being painfully thin.

Agreed, although I think that was driven more by Carole being a spineless follower than seeking out victims to prey on like what B gets off on.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I find Carole worse, I think it's because I'm noticing she really likes to kick a person when they are down, how she's acting about Lu and her arrest is a tipping point for me. Also,  like Dorinda, there isn't a depth she won't sink to when she's angry. But where Dorinda usually only sinks low when she's drinking,  except for at Sonja,  and I think she'd shelve it if Sonja were jailed as well, Carole does it calculatingly. 

Bethany is overall witchier, but not as cruel. They both are horrible people. 

This, all day. 

I often see Carole's particular variety of vileness characterized as a byproduct of a feckless personality. 

But I don't think that's accurate. From Lu (the sole survivor of her season four cohort) to Aviva (who put little effort into maintaining contact with the rest of the cast when cameras weren't filming) to Jules (bright but just as verbally inarticulate as Carole), she is very talented at identifying and targeting the most isolated member of the group. 

And her behavior toward Jules during the dinner at JoAnne's in season eight covinced me incontrovertibly that she is much, much more warped than even Bethenny. As someone who endured losses of such concentrated brutality, it's notable that said tragedy evidently hasn't fostered any degree of empathy when it comes to the pain of others. 

Because you have to be incredibly sick and twisted to not only complain about how inconvenient it is for YOU to watch Jules eat/grapple with the mental illness that she fought to the death but to do so openly and unabashedly right in front of Jules. As well as to decide that it's a good idea to (idiotically) sneer "I don't know about eating disorders but I know about denial" during that same display of perversion. 

At least when Bethenny is screeching like a hyena at her foe du jour, there's some sort of raw emotion in the histrionics. 

Carole's monstrosity is more disturbing because it's so casual.

In my subjective opinion.  

• Love 15
On 6/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm a native of California and the use of  "Cali", which is something I've heard mostly transplants use,  makes me want to slap my hand over my ears. It's such a trying too hard word. Just a peeve of mine. 

“Where from in Cali?”

”Frisco”

”Frisco is hella cool!”

:)

(For some reason, “hella”doesn’t bother me as much as it used to—I remember telling people in college that I was from the Bay Area and they’d say “oh, ‘hella’ is YOUR fault!” Me personally? Hahaha)

On 6/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, Mozelle said:

Well if it *were* literal, I’d hope it’s a paperback. Those casebound books have very sharp corners...

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

“Where from in Cali?”

”Frisco”

”Frisco is hella cool!”

(For some reason, “hella”doesn’t bother me as much as it used to—I remember telling people in college that I was from the Bay Area and they’d say “oh, ‘hella’ is YOUR fault!” Me personally? Hahaha)

Well if it *were* literal, I’d hope it’s a paperback. Those casebound books have very sharp corners...

Listen lol. The way some folks carried on when the episode initially aired...

• Love 2
(edited)

No woman wants to be downgraded from exclusive girlfriend to easy morning jump off. And her reaction at Adam's honesty over going on date proves that she thought it was more serious than it was. I don't know where people keep saying she always thought it was casual when it has actually always been the opposite. Saying he's out of her life (although she took him back and took him to Dubai) shows she thought she meant more than just sex. And even if he does care about her in his own way but has met another woman he likes better she should,at 54, be mature enough to realize he was eventually going to meet someone else and at some point since he wants children he will meet a woman he wants to marry and have them with. She should just admit she got played for a fool like Nicole!!! And is still being a fool for him.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 10
(edited)

Some of the tea about Caroline and Ed Schlossberg treating everyone terribly came out because RFK Jr.'s estranged wife, Mary, got a hold of RFK Jr.'s journals in trying to figure out just how long and with how many women he'd been cheating (it was a lot and for a long time). Mary leaked the journals. Entries talked about Caroline sending Ed to be her attack dog.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2013/11/rfk-diaries-intense-family-drama-jfk-jr-death

https://nypost.com/2013/11/03/rfk-jr-diary-kennedy-family-feuded-before-bodies-were-recovered-in-jfk-jr-crash/

Other news stories seemed too suspect to be pure coincidence. For example about a year after the deaths when the NTSB report came out, the Bessettes had indicated that they might be filing a wrongful death suit. It's around that time that more and more stories about Carolyn being a high strung abusive cheating coke whore who delayed the flight by several hours to get a pedicure (not true) started to come out.* This is after the NTSB had said the crash was due to pilot error. JFK Jr. had recovered from a recent foot injury, he was flying a plane that was slightly over his skill level, and it was dark. 

NTSB Report in 2000

Bessettes consider wrongful death suit in 2000

Bessettes settle in 2001

Stories of Carolyn being difficult in 2000 and 2004.

My belief is that Caroline never liked Carolyn because they were too similar. Caroline is always described as the un-Kennedy Kennedy. She's not garrulous or a big personality. She doesn't particularly love the spotlight, but is used to it because she grew up with it. I think Carolyn had similar issues, but she wasn't used to it like Caroline so it freaked her out. Carolyn was suddenly thrust into this big public family and had no clue how to deal with it. Caroline could have helped Carolyn deal with it because she had similar feelings about the fame, but she apparently chose not to. Additionally, I think Caroline chose Ed Schlossberg because he was capable of shutting her family down in a way she was too timid to try on her own.

*The stories always seem to pop up on the anniversaries. It's never shit about him and always about her.  

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10
(edited)

Thanks HunterHunted for posting links.

I was surprised at the wrongful death suit filed by Carolyn's parents and think it was a pretty shitty thing to do.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Ki-in said:

No woman wants to be downgraded from exclusive girlfriend to easy morning jump off. And her reaction at Adam's honesty over going on date proves that she thought it was more serious than it was. I don't know where people keep saying she always thought it was casual when it has actually always been the opposite. Saying he's out of her life (although she took him back and took him to Dubai) shows she thought she meant more than just sex. And even if he does care about her in his own way but has met another woman he likes better she should,at 54, be mature enough to realize he was eventually going to meet someone else and at some point since he wants children he will meet a woman he wants to marry and have them with. She should just admit she got played for a fool like Nicole!!! And is still being a fool for him.

I'm with you on this.  It would help if Carole would just admit that  it's a difficult/sad time to lose someone who was a big part of your life and companionship, regardless.     

But it was obvious --to everyone else at least-- what she was setting herself up for when she fell all over him--a guy 20 years her junior-- at LuAnnes.  She had a NY apartment, was on a TV show, connections...   

Pffft..  did she really ever think  those things weren't a large part of her 'allure'??  She knew it would end this way.  THAT''S why it's a baaaadd idea.   Especially if she would like to meet someone for real.  She wasted her time in that respect. 

When you fall all over a guy they tend to feel like they're doing you a favor and don't really owe you anything.  It was an open invitation to be used.

I don't think she exactly 'got played'   I think he did like her for sure.  But she was primarily a rung in the ladder, and her ego got a lot of mileage out of him too.  They're even.

• Love 8

Reading the posts about "birthing books": I guess Adam actually dodged a bullet by having the cook book go absolutely nowhere. If the 'Reluctant Vegan" had been made (a love story about a vegan boy meets junk food girl, ugh) then Carole would have considered it their "baby" that they brought into the world and it would have bonded them together and it would have been something she could hold over him forever.  

• Love 4

... -- she also tells people that Radziwill coldly blew off her lovely photo/message (and all at Christmas, because of course, poor Bethenny is the Little SkinnyMatchGirl).

Hah!

Word. Hopefully, Carole will come through.

• Love 2
On 6/19/2018 at 12:36 AM, ivygirl said:

“Where from in Cali?”

”Frisco”

”Frisco is hella cool!”

I grew up in SoCal and lived from Anaheim to Corona,  to Moreno Valley,  and then lived almost 20 years in NorCal,  downtown San Jose, Mountain View,  and Redwood City. 

• Love 3
On 6/19/2018 at 12:54 AM, lunastartron said:

Because you have to be incredibly sick and twisted to not only complain about how inconvenient it is for YOU to watch Jules eat/grapple with the mental illness that she fought to the death but to do so openly and unabashedly right in front of Jules. As well as to decide that it's a good idea to (idiotically) sneer "I don't know about eating disorders but I know about denial" during that same display of perversion. 

I saw it posited that B and Carole were so callous towards Jules and her eating disorder because they were jealous that she was noticeably thinner than them (plus a former model). Suddenly everyone is remarking how thin and skinny Jules is and not B and/or Carole. I think there  is a degree of truth to this. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I saw it posited that B and Carole were so callous towards Jules and her eating disorder because they were jealous that she was noticeably thinner than them (plus a former model). Suddenly everyone is remarking how thin and skinny Jules is and not B and/or Carole. I think there  is a degree of truth to this. 

I also think ther was a raw sadness to Jules that frightened both of them. Neither  Bethany or Carole are exactly great with inconvenient emotions like regret or insecurity. Bethany goes on the attack and Carole freezes people out, but neither one is really good at emotional ambiguity. Jules was so deeply sad and so deeply ambivalent about her sadness. I really think both of them freaked the fuck out about being near someone who was so willing to live in an emotion before she decided what to do about it. Horrible behavior from both Bethany and Carole. I like Bethany (hate Carole), but there was no defending how they treated Jules.

• Love 7
On 6/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm a native of California and the use of  "Cali", which is something I've heard mostly transplants use,  makes me want to slap my hand over my ears. It's such a trying too hard word. Just a peeve of mine. 

As another native Californian, Cali makes me want to scream.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

7 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I also think ther was a raw sadness to Jules that frightened both of them. Neither  Bethany or Carole are exactly great with inconvenient emotions like regret or insecurity. Bethany goes on the attack and Carole freezes people out, but neither one is really good at emotional ambiguity. Jules was so deeply sad and so deeply ambivalent about her sadness. I really think both of them freaked the fuck out about being near someone who was so willing to live in an emotion before she decided what to do about it. Horrible behavior from both Bethany and Carole. I like Bethany (hate Carole), but there was no defending how they treated Jules.

I find the theory that Bethenny and Carole were jealous of Jules' thinness to be strange. It doesn't even make sense on Carole's part. Just exercising a little bit for the marathon caused Carole to lose a decent amount of weight. Carole is someone who eats like shit, never exercises, and doesn't gain weight. Being jealous of how thin someone else is not really her bag.

What @FozzyBear said is much more likely. There's this concept of altruistic punishment. It's where people punish others in order to get the outsider to adhere to societal norms. Jules had obvious disordered eating and kept vomiting up her emotions. She was a disaster. Bethenny and Carole just went after her. I'm not defending what they did, but it's pretty clear that they were trying to mean girl Jules into realizing that she was sicker than she realized.

• Love 4
(edited)
46 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny and Carole just went after her. I'm not defending what they did, but it's pretty clear that they were trying to mean girl Jules into realizing that she was sicker than she realized.

But they didnt just come out her about her eating they came after her about literally everything including the height of her asshole husband.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I have to take a moment and appreciate Carole's consistency when it comes to how her feuds start. She's been pissed at Luann for years because Luann called her designer friend to ask for a dress, without clewrance. Now she's pissed at Bethenny because Bethenny called Adam to ask for a favor, without clearance. Or at least that's what seems to me to have happened in both cases. 

Never call a friend of Carole's for a favor without checking with her first. Everything else won't be a problem for her if you just follow that one rule. It's nice, the simplicity of it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I find the theory that Bethenny and Carole were jealous of Jules' thinness to be strange. It doesn't even make sense on Carole's part. Just exercising a little bit for the marathon caused Carole to lose a decent amount of weight. Carole is someone who eats like shit, never exercises, and doesn't gain weight. Being jealous of how thin someone else is not really her bag.

What @FozzyBear said is much more likely. There's this concept of altruistic punishment. It's where people punish others in order to get the outsider to adhere to societal norms. Jules had obvious disordered eating and kept vomiting up her emotions. She was a disaster. Bethenny and Carole just went after her. I'm not defending what they did, but it's pretty clear that they were trying to mean girl Jules into realizing that she was sicker than she realized.

I can kind of get my credulity there with respect to Bethenny given her extensive history of emotional violence - she expresses her feelings in chronically explosive and rage-wracked ways. 

But I thought Jules had a pretty clear-eyed grasp on the aggressiveness of her mental health demons. She fully conceded that she'd almost died because of them and that managing her recovery was an active, day-to-day process. At JoAnne's, she admitted that she suffered occasional relapses. That kind of transparency is a positive reflection of self-accountability and no small feat.

Which was why Carole huffing "I don't know about eating disorders but I know about denial" immediately after that admission was so obnoxious and, for me, undermines the premise that she was operating out of any kind of concern. Someone prepared to defy the stigma attached to clinical mental illness on national television isn't grappling with denial.

To me, it was clear in said moment that Carole wasn't even listening - she'd adopted a breathtakingly cavalier attitude toward an intensely serious subject and just wanted to be right/condescend to the woman who actually intimately knew about eating disorders, denial, and honesty alike. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny took an immediate dislike of Jules when she met her, well before she knew anything about Jules or that she had an ED. Bethenny claimed Jules "looked just like" her mother, down to her hair and playing with it and that is why she didn't like her.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny took an immediate dislike of Jules when she met her, well before she knew anything about Jules or that she had an ED. Bethenny claimed Jules "looked just like" her mother, down to her hair and playing with it and that is why she didn't like her.

Yes, I seem to recall that Bethenny went into one of her classic rages about Jules' lack of, in her opinion, "owning" her ED.  Bethenny started wailing about how her mother had the same problem, that she (Beth) lived with it, recognized it, and wasn't going to tolerate Jules' denials.  Or something to that effect.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 10:01 AM, teapot said:

My sis is opening a bar & she's looking for live bands.  A friend of a friend is a singer in an 80s hair metal cover band (read;  A-MAZ-ING)

I FB messaged him *and* his wife about the contact info, just b/c I felt super strange talking privately to just him.

Well,  FB messaging has a different vibe. I'd probably do the same thing. But calling a friends partner or texting them about a business matter, no problem.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:28 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, I seem to recall that Bethenny went into one of her classic rages about Jules' lack of, in her opinion, "owning" her ED.  Bethenny started wailing about how her mother had the same problem, that she (Beth) lived with it, recognized it, and wasn't going to tolerate Jules' denials.  Or something to that effect.

The way Bethany treated Jules, racked up Ramona a levels of disgust in me that year. It fluctuates though. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3

Also: I can’t even do this and I’m a sorta-kinda gym bunny. (Well, I’m working on it lol. I use 50 lb barbells, but that’s it.) I don’t know what weights he has Carole using, but it’s fascinating to see Carole still working out a whole year later.

6714D6CB-E6C5-4262-9EDD-923376C2CC56.jpeg

I watched an old episode. Carole and Kristin  are running into the surf. Carole eventually fakes K out and turns around. But Carole running. Hoo boy. She looks really bizarre. She seems to have no sense of balance. And she doesn’t seem to understand how her limbs work.

And I like Carole!

• Love 4

Despite the youthful clothes and hair in previous seasons, Carole has always given off an elderly vibe about her in her speech, mannerisms and movements. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Despite the youthful clothes and hair in previous seasons, Carole has always given off an elderly vibe about her in her speech, mannerisms and movements. 

Yep. I think it’s mostly the old ladyish, creaky voice that does it for me. It’s much the same as Lisa Vanderpump and her old ladyish, creaky voice.

• Love 5

don't know where people keep saying she always thought it was casual when it has actually always been the opposite.

Because she insisted it was casual and demanded everyone accept it as a casual relationship. Then when there's a break up, now everyone has to treat her like she wasn't in the casual relationship she insisted she was in. 

I get why she was insisting - she wanted to be the cool older woman with a casual guy for the cameras, but she's clearly wanting it both ways. When she was dating him, she didn't want to be a woman in a committed relationship, she only wanted it viewed as casual. But now that they are broken up, she wants to be treated as though they WERE in a committed relationship with all the sympathy that sort of break up engenders. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Because she insisted it was casual and demanded everyone accept it as a casual relationship. Then when there's a break up, now everyone has to treat her like she wasn't in the casual relationship she insisted she was in. 

I get why she was insisting - she wanted to be the cool older woman with a casual guy for the cameras, but she's clearly wanting it both ways. When she was dating him, she didn't want to be a woman in a committed relationship, she only wanted it viewed as casual. But now that they are broken up, she wants to be treated as though they WERE in a committed relationship with all the sympathy that sort of break up engenders. 

I agree and I disagree, LOL! I think Carole wanted viewers to see her as the cool/hip older woman with a young/hot guy but I have no doubts that she thought her fellow cast members/close friend (BF) knew the truth which was that she/Adam were fairly committed to each other at the time and that the breakup hurt her.

• Love 4

I feel any "commitment" was purely one sided. Once Adam became known and had a touch of fame I am sure there were more than enough young women going after him and that kind of temptation is hard to resist, especially for a young man. I stand by my theory that they only were hot and heavy for one summer between season 7 and 8, and things had cooled dramatically by the filming of season 8 and they were completely done by season 9.  She just never got the memo and thought nothing had changed since he stopped by for an occasional quickie. I really don't think they were seeing each other every morning for sex. She thought that Adam continuing to have sex with her meant the same thing to her as it did to him and men and women are completely different, especially when it comes to sex.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think she kept saying it was casual because she wanted to seem cool. But more than that, she knew the romantic part of their relationship had an expiration date. She knew Adam wanted kids and for whatever reason, they weren't compatible on that issue. She cared enough about him not to begrudge him that. Her repeated statements that it was casual was a mantra to get her heart to understand something that she knew was temporary. Unfortunately, she fell pretty hard for Adam. Her actual friends like Bethenny should have seen that. She wasn't like this with Russ. That was actually casual even though they were together for 2 years.

• Love 5