Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

(edited)

On what other show has Mohammed made an appearance? 

10 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

SO Happy Yo is gone! May her journey take her far, far away from anything that appears on my TV.

I wonder, since Mohammed has appeared on more than one Bravo show, if he might still certainly pop up from time to time - along with the kidlings - and I doubt that with his big bucks doing the talking, Yo would make any attempt to go up against his wishes or whims.

I doubt Yo will get a spin off or any crumb from Bravo.  E! would be the only other channel and I doubt they would be interested.  She will continue with twitter and instagram, of course.  She will get speaking engagements for her book from the "organization" that has been writing the articles and staged her award.  Money can buy her pubic appearances. Central casting can supply extras to fill the seats. I am dead serious. I don't believe the crowd at her award dinner were all Lyme supporters and sufferers. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I am beyond thrilled that Yo is off the show!

I predict more of Eileen kissing Erika's ass.

Vicki, I thought of you when I read that Brandi said Yolanda was recovering from a tonsillectomy.  Gee, imagine if all her health concerns were resolved with a tonsillectomy.  I guess chronic tonsillitis and strep throat don't sound all that sexy and mysterious. 

• Love 3

Table for one!  I'm sad Yolanda is not coming back.  I like Yolanda and find her interesting but guarded and I think that's the kiss of death on these shows.  Bravo is running an OC Season 8 Uncensored on which the producers do THs about the action on the show.  When they talk about the housewives like Heather Dubrow for example, they say that the hos have to be willing to "go there" and show everything about themselves.  Heather didn't get hired the first time she auditioned because she was too private but later on showed that she was willing to share her husband, children, career, etc, go on the trips and mix it up with the other hos.  I don't think Yolanda is willing to be this candid about her life, her children, her divorce, her exes etc.  Heck, she spent the whole last season insisting everything was great with David when her marriage was going down the toilet.  So she's out.  She probably had a meeting with the Bravo producers about story lines and filming and when she showed unwillingness to film a lot or with her family or the other women they probably said see ya!  The successful, long term housewives are the ones that let it all hang out on camera even when they look bad.  Kyle Season 1 and 2 springs to mind, Phaedra Parks, Vicki Gunvalson, Theresa Guiduice-prison anyone?, Nene Leakes.    That said, I hope something interesting happens on RHoBH next season because the show is getting stale imho.  Kyle has become much more protective of her family and doesn't talk or film with her sisters anymore, to the point of walking out of scenes when the topic comes up.  Sorry Kyle but Bambi steals a potato, while charming is not an interesting storyline.  Lisa acquires more pets.  I think we are rapidly approaching the tipping point on that one.   Eileen and Lisa?  Working actresses with stable family lives who don't film with their husbands as much anymore and whose lives are pretty mundane.  As far as Erika goes I don't believe she'll open up about her husband either.  Tom and her son and home life will be strictly off limits I predict.  Oh well, I'm sure the producers will think of something, they always do, but I'll miss Yolanda and wish her well in her journey.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Mohammed appeared on Million Dollar Listing LA a couple of years ago. I believe it was a tour of his home with the nasty Josh.

He was also on Shahs of Sunset their first season. he will be back on the BH show without a doubt. LOL

• Love 1
13 hours ago, wings707 said:

On what other show has Mohammed made an appearance? 

I doubt Yo will get a spin off or any crumb from Bravo.  E! would be the only other channel and I doubt they would be interested.  She will continue with twitter and instagram, of course.  She will get speaking engagements for her book from the "organization" that has been writing the articles and staged her award.  Money can buy her pubic appearances. Central casting can supply extras to fill the seats. I am dead serious. I don't believe the crowd at her award dinner were all Lyme supporters and sufferers. 

He made an appearance a while back on Big Brother UK (I'm not sure if it was the celebrity version or the civilian version but he was a guest for one of the tasks they had to do). I just remember him because he seemed really sleazy with the women.

• Love 1
On 17 June 2016 at 8:34 PM, ryebread said:

I won't take the first bet because regardless of what I think about Yo, she's got more class than Kris Kardashian.  And so do her kids. 

But the second bet?  Yeah, I agree.  IMG Models (Bella and Gigi's agency) signed Anwar:

They are fired up to make superstars of these kids.  They'd be nuts not to snap up Yolanda, too, if they haven't already. Following the modelling culture has always been one of my guilty pleasures - the likes of 2.5 supermodels in the same family and then the mother, too?  Unheard of.  And you can bet IMG is going to capitalize on that.

Yolanda still thinks she has Lyme. Bella seems to have had a sudden and dramatic improvement in her alleged Lyme symptoms, because her career has really taken off. Is there enough interest and incentive for Yolanda to do something similar?

Favourite daughter for Max Mara accessories. Did the hairstylist not show up?  

23t13eb.jpg

10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

He was also on Shahs of Sunset their first season. he will be back on the BH show without a doubt. LOL

Yes, you're right. I knew I was missing at least one, but how I forgot THAT one is surprising.  I, too, have no doubt he'll be back at least on RHBH.

6 hours ago, snowblossom2 said:

Wow. Gigi seems to have lost a lot of weight

Yes she has. I'm afraid she's fallen into the snow as most models do as well as her boyfriend. I don't know why any parent would push their children into an industry rife with eating disorders and drugs. It's really sad to see how women are torn down in that industry.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

It's hard to tell if she has lost weight since most professional photos are so photoshopped but dang, those man hands. Those are some paws on that gal.

The proportion looks right to me.  Measure your own hand and see what that measures on your forearm from your wrist. 

5 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

It's hard to tell if she has lost weight since most professional photos are so photoshopped but dang, those man hands. Those are some paws on that gal.

Well, even compared to other professional photos, the contrast is stark imo

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

The proportion looks right to me.  Measure your own hand and see what that measures on your forearm from your wrist. 

They look bigger than her head to me. And knuckle-y just rough.

• Love 2

Gigi looks good to me. Models are rail thin and they appear different in different photos. I doubt she is on drugs; she eats very little as they all do.  

Now Yolanda and her book and candle!  That is something.  oooof

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

She's definitely looking a bit concave these days. 

That's scary and I hope she gets help. Her chest looks like a concentration camp victim...or is there something wonky with the shadows or body make up

• Love 3

0615-yolanda-foster-rhwbh-getty-3.thumb.

Yep, totally on her way to a supermodel career.

I don't know why any parent would push their children into an industry rife with eating disorders and drugs.

Yolanda wanted GiGi to subsist on two almonds, and tried to deprive her of cake at her own birthday party. I doubt she'd be too put out if the kid did a line here and there if it meant keeping her image on the side of a bus.

• Love 10
(edited)
49 minutes ago, jaync said:

0615-yolanda-foster-rhwbh-getty-3.thumb.

Yep, totally on her way to a supermodel career.

Yolanda wanted GiGi to subsist on two almonds, and tried to deprive her of cake at her own birthday party. I doubt she'd be too put out if the kid did a line here and there if it meant keeping her image on the side of a bus.

That isn't true at all.  Yolanda is not that bad!  LOL.  I also think she would be very upset if Gigi used drugs.  

Edited by wings707

Omg--Yolanda, just disappear! She's shoved herself right in the middle of the Stephanie Seymour/Kendall Jenner/Gigi Hadid super model thing. Her daughter hasn't even responded. I have read that she's barely literate, so maybe Mommy has to do her writing for her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Southernbelle55 said:

Omg--Yolanda, just disappear! She's shoved herself right in the middle of the Stephanie Seymour/Kendall Jenner/Gigi Hadid super model thing. Her daughter hasn't even responded. I have read that she's barely literate, so maybe Mommy has to do her writing for her.

I missed this.  Do you have a link?

• Love 1

I thought Yolanda's feud was with Rebecca Romijn Stamos O'Connell. 

Stephanie Seymour's sons are also models. They're both apparently gay, so I guess this isn't suppose to be Oedipusy. It's still fucked up.  

stephanie-seymour-does-a-sexy-photo-shoo

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I thought Yolanda's feud was with Rebecca Romijn Stamos O'Connell. 

Stephanie Seymour's sons are also models. They're both apparently gay, so I guess this isn't suppose to be Oedipusy. It's still fucked up.  

stephanie-seymour-does-a-sexy-photo-shoo

They are her SONS? ? That is wrong wrong wrong! 

• Love 8
(edited)

You know, with the exception of that line about "bitches of the moment" I actually agree with Stepanie that there should be a new name other than Supermodel to describe up and coming models like Gigi and Kendall. Supermodel as a term is very specific and was generally applied to the models who became a household name through the cattle calls and working the runway up through the ranks to editorial shoots and campaigns. Many of them had worked in the industry for quite a few years before becoming names (Naomi Campbell had been doing runway for years before anyone considered her a Supermodel). 

Outside of new fashion and reality TV, Gigi, Bella, and Kendall's following has been largely social media. There SHOULD be a specific category for type of model - During the dawn and height of the Supermodel, girls like Gigi and Kendall would have been dubbed as on their way to being supermodels if they had the longevity to stick it out. They would not have been considered Supermodels this early in their career. So, there should definitely be a new classification. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 6/19/2016 at 3:23 PM, WireWrap said:

Looks like even Yolanda's supporters are upset at her for this picture! http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/06/19/yolanda-hadid-post-disturbing-book-by-nazi-sympathizer/

I wonder if Yolanda's Lyme brain made her pay such an incredulous amount of money for a Nazi sympathizer's book?? I'm pretty sure she just thought it would make a great accessory to her home and didn't realize what the book was about. I'm going to take a moment to be judgmental here - but purchasing books for the purpose of home decor automatically gets put into the 'stupid' category. If you aren't going to read it, don't buy it just to fool people into thinking that you're some intellectual who nourishes your mind with books.

Also that Stephanie Seymour pic is disturbing. Straight or not, that seems very creepy to be posing with your mom where your hand is placed right under her bare side boob while, lustfully gazing at him, mouth open, while her hand is conveniently placed over her crotch. Is this supposed to be artistic or intentionally controversial?

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7

Wasn't there a scene with Yo and Erica in her new condo which showed a big pile of books that she intended to use for decorating?  Yo does not strike me as a well read person at all. She doesn't seem to put much value on education so I could see her using the book, not knowing the history of the author. But I am surprised that once she was called out on Instagram that she did not remove the picture. As far as I know, the pic is still there. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

You know, with the exception of that line about "bitches of the moment" I actually agree with Stepanie that there should be a new name other than Supermodel to describe up and coming models like Gigi and Kendall. Supermodel as a term is very specific and was generally applied to the models who became a household name through the cattle calls and working the runway up through the ranks to editorial shoots and campaigns. Many of them had worked in the industry for quite a few years before becoming names (Naomi Campbell had been doing runway for years before anyone considered her a Supermodel). 

Outside of new fashion and reality TV, Gigi, Bella, and Kendall's following has been largely social media. There SHOULD be a specific category for type of model - During the dawn and height of the Supermodel, girls like Gigi and Kendall would have been dubbed as on their way to being supermodels if they had the longevity to stick it out. They would not have been considered Supermodels this early in their career. So, there should definitely be a new classification. 

I propose the term "stupor model" for dem young 'ums.

Seriously? How much talent do you need to walk around with a zoned out look on your face?

Seymour, Tiegs and Iman are super models - they have withstood the test of time and have a resume that spans decades, not just a mention in the What's Trending sections of your Homepage.

Kylee farted, geegee took a leak, kendull crapped her pants....merely kids playing dress-up for cash and prizes. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Honestly, Seymour sounds like a hag at the moment and to be completely honest Steph was never at the same level as Cindy or Naomi.

Gigi is a supermodel, she has so many contracts, girl is on fire.

I would have never expected 20 years ago to say this but Naomi is more mature and more generous than Stephanie.

Of course, Naomi still walks the runaways like a queen.....

(edited)
23 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Honestly, Seymour sounds like a hag at the moment and to be completely honest Steph was never at the same level as Cindy or Naomi.

Gigi is a supermodel, she has so many contracts, girl is on fire.

I would have never expected 20 years ago to say this but Naomi is more mature and more generous than Stephanie.

Of course, Naomi still walks the runaways like a queen.....

That's just it. I don't think there is any such thing as a supermodel anymore. The age of the supermodel ended the first time magazines realized that celebrities sold more covers than models (no matter how well known) do. What we are seeing with Gigi and Kendall is something different. There needs to be a new term because the game is completely different. This is about likes and page views garnering fashion sales, not about a supermodel becoming the face of a brand. Gigi and Kendall were already reality tv and internet famous before they signed their first real contracts. So, it still taps into celebrities selling more magazines and brands than actual "supermodels."

ETA: I am not taking away from their accomplishments. I am just saying that this is a completely different animal all together and it deserves to be recognized in it's own category.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

If anything it makes her look like Kylie Jenner. 

I ain't seeing GiGi. Looks to me to be a headlines-drive-the-news thing. Using the word "news" generously.

Her makeup makes her nose look odd. I think it's her makeup.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

That's just it. I don't think there is any such thing as a supermodel anymore. The age of the supermodel ended the first time magazines realized that celebrities sold more covers than models (no matter how well known) do. What we are seeing with Gigi and Kendall is something different. There needs to be a new term because the game is completely different. This is about likes and page views garnering fashion sales, not about a supermodel becoming the face of a brand. Gigi and Kendall were already reality tv and internet famous before they signed their first real contracts. So, it still taps into celebrities selling more magazines and brands than actual "supermodels."

ETA: I am not taking away from their accomplishments. I am just saying that this is a completely different animal all together and it deserves to be recognized in it's own category.

I agree.    When a model reached the point where her name was known and design houses wanted her, they rose to celebrity status and the term supermodel was born.   SM has changed all of that.  

• Love 3

Ohhhh lord the day has come! I am about to defend Yo on something...

The Leni Riefenstahl book doesn't bother me and I imagine it wouldn't bother a lot of the people protesting on social media if they looked into the important photographic work Riefenstahl did in Africa during the mid-20th century. She documented a vanishing way of life, and did it beautifully. In this case one can separate the work from the creator's past. There's a fairly recent documentary about her time in Africa, if anyone's curious.

On the other hand, I have my doubts as to whether Yo even knows the significance of the book on her coffee table, or why the images it contains are so important, or why the name LR may cause an uproar.

Her face looks quite bloated in that photo posted upthread. I do hate the way she has muddied the Lyme discourse, but hope she isn't unwell.

• Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, MatildaMoody said:

Actually, there is a new category for them, they're called "Instagirls".  I hate it but that's what Vogue (I think it was Vogue) started calling them last year and I hope it doesn't catch on.  So far, so good.  To me, they're Supermodels, based strictly on their contracts, earnings and exposure.  They've just come upon their fame, faster.  Times they are a changing.

Ah, Stephanie Seymour.  I spent the early 90s working my ass off...well...trying to work my ass off so it would look like hers. HA!  In my opinion, there was none better.  Her affair with Axl Rose intriqued me tremendously.  But then she got sloppy.  Word on the street is, she's a boozer.

Here are some oldies but goodies of Stephanie and her oldest son from 2011.  Hot mess. These stirred up some controversy back then.  Looks like this recent ad campaign is trying to capitalize on that.

20140213-191425.jpg

Reifenstahl was a talented photographer and she used that talent to glorify Nazis and Hitler long after their viciousness was known.  Her name should bring a shudder no matter the work she did later. She never took responsibility for what she did.

• Love 10
On 6/18/2016 at 8:31 PM, Vicky8675309 said:

He made an appearance a while back on Big Brother UK (I'm not sure if it was the celebrity version or the civilian version but he was a guest for one of the tasks they had to do). I just remember him because he seemed really sleazy with the women.

Why am I not surprised?

• Love 2
On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Kokapetl said:

Yolanda still thinks she has Lyme. Bella seems to have had a sudden and dramatic improvement in her alleged Lyme symptoms, because her career has really taken off. Is there enough interest and incentive for Yolanda to do something similar?

Favourite daughter for Max Mara accessories. Did the hairstylist not show up?  

23t13eb.jpg

Wow - these are awful photos.I actually think she looks bloated here.  I've never been a fan and definitely ascribe to the school that they are not supermodels.  However, they are at the top of whatever is going on in that world now.  It seems much more democratized - any random person can become a model if they have a popular instagram account.  It's been taken out of the gatekeepers hands now.  Glad Yolanda is gone.

• Love 2

I think Gigi's success as a model is a combination of the phenotypes she inherited from her model mother, and a whole lot of luck and fortunate timing. She managed to be positioned as a "non dead eyed" alternative to Kendall. If there was no Kendall on tabloid magazine covers, there'd be no Gigi on tabloid magazine covers. And Kendall's fame and career is largely due to Kim's notoriety. If that sex tape never happened, I wonder how different the world would be. 

• Love 3