Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

Does anyone listen to aj benza's podcast?  Wowzer I think he just declared war w B and her camp. Last week he shared a "major scoop" that B's condo was searched (reason a bit murky but he claims Dennis had scripts with Bethenny's name...).  So during the search a number of envelopes w white powder were found.  These findings were given to the judge and AJ went so far as to say its hurting her custody fight.   So I'm listening and fanning myself expecting him to retract alllll the way back, not the case.  The latest episode is all about him being greeted the next morning w reps of lawyersfor B telling him to shut up.  He's doubling down and defending his sources on this story.  

Sorry if this was discussed, I'm slacking on my lurking but thought this was tres juicy!

HOLY SH!T

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

HOLY SH!T

Haha right!? That's what I thought but this may not be the forum for these speculations, respectfully.  I need more info on the search.  He made it sound like it was a result of finding her meds at Dennis' but I doubt it. B keeps her ship too tight for this big of a screw up, especially during custody war.  Hmm perhaps she didn't even know it was there? AJ was aggressive about defending his sources which does mean something to me. I'm sure more to come after his rant!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

Does anyone listen to aj benza's podcast? 

I heard the recent podcasts.  He says a lot, but then again he's cagey about it so it's not clear what actually happened. I only listen to the free podcasts so I don't know if he's clarified more on the paid podcasts. He seems to be going full speed lately since he started hawking those Patreon Patron tiers.  Not sure what to make of it...and for that he'd probably tell me to fuck off. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I heard the recent podcasts.  He says a lot, but then again he's cagey about it so it's not clear what actually happened. I only listen to the free podcasts so I don't know if he's clarified more on the paid podcasts. He seems to be going full speed lately since he started hawking those Patreon Patron tiers.  Not sure what to make of it...and for that he'd probably tell me to fuck off. 

Yikes is he a jerk on twitter or something? I could see that. I get what you're saying, he's a strange one bc he does seem to know everyone and have sources, and he talks a big game about journalism, yet he's a bit sloppy with the reporting part.  He's a great storyteller but research/fact-checking...idk.  I'm curious if he knew what B's camp is like. He claims he knew he was dropping a bomb and has the goods to back it, but there was a lot of ego in the defensiveness after not getting her and andy on the phone. 

• Love 2
On 8/22/2018 at 7:40 PM, diadochokinesis said:

I used to laugh because my brother would cover his daughter’s eyes when he would take her into the men’s room from about the age of 3 until however old she was when she went in by herself.  My husband hasn’t encountered this yet because our 6 year old just runs in by herself and he will stand outside.

I’m the weirdo that doesn’t really see an issue with the pajamas post from B but I’m a little bit more “Meh” with stuff unless it puts a child in danger.  Like, I’m a bit “huh” about her putting on the pajamas and taking a picture but I mostly find it harmless. My daughter would get a giggle out of me wearing her clothes and think nothing more of it than that.  I could see Bryn being the same way—especially considering she was around 4 when this picture was taken. I can’t help but wonder if some of the backlash is influenced by the skinny shaming that gets thrown B’s way a lot. 

I remember walking into a restroom and standing outside a stall was a young boy maybe 10. As soon as he saw me coming in he started rattling of as fast as he could so he wouldn't get in trouble "My sister is inside she had to go to the bathroom and Mom said I had to take her so she could stay with my little brother."

I smiled and said "It's ok, you're a good brother to look after your sister." And silently laughed inside.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He’s always had a real job. He briefly quit to help Bethenny at her begging and when they were together she talked about how important he was in her business. I wasn’t suggesting that she isn’t paying child support just how much and if it was payments to him or if she is just taking care of more of Bryn’s expenses. In all of the info out about their financials o haven’t seen what was finally settled on for child support, hence my question.

Moving to the other thread because it’s about b/j

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder if she was lying when she said that.  That Jason was important to her business, I mean.  Because if she was lying about being lost at sea just to create drama, maybe she was lying about Jason being important to her business in order to prop up a storyline.

I just recall that statement from her about Jason's importance being cited as the gospel truth and proof of how crucialJason was to building the Skinnygirl empire and evidence that he deserved a big chunk of change for his incredible contribution.  Seems that anything Bethenny ever said that benefited Jason has been taken as true and good but most everything else she says is supposedly a big fat lie. Weird.

Actually my saying B said it wasn’t indicating that it was the gospel truth but that she says a lot of shit when it suits her purposes and than says the exact opposite so nothing weird about it. She is not a reliable narrator. And yes, most housewives also fall into this category but this thread is about B.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

He made it sound like it was a result of finding her meds at Dennis' but I doubt it. B keeps her ship too tight for this big of a screw up, especially during custody war.  

Two weeks ago, I would have said (despite my profound dislike of the woman) that there was no way Bethenny would ever leave Bryn alone with Dennis, if she knew he was an addict. That (to me) was not even a possibility.  Based on recent articles it looks like I was wrong about that. So now I'm not sure what the fuck is actually possible with her  - scrips for him in her name? His drugs in her home? -- so all I can say is:  MENTION IT ALL, AJ.  MENTION IT ALL.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She is not a reliable narrator. 

That's such a perfect way of putting it. She's the voice telling you the story, and initially,  you like the voice -- you buy into her version of the tale, and turn the pages -- but slowly, you realize you've got an unreliable narrator on your hands....and the whole story flips.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

Does anyone listen to aj benza's podcast?  I think he just declared war w B and her camp. Last week he shared a "major scoop" that B's condo was searched (reason a bit murky but he claims Dennis had scripts with Bethenny's name...).  So during the search a number of envelopes w white powder were found.  These findings were given to the judge and AJ went so far as to say its hurting her custody fight.   So I'm listening and fanning myself expecting him to retract alllll the way back, not the case.  The latest episode is all about him being greeted the next morning w reps of lawyersfor B telling him to shut up.  He's doubling down and defending his sources on this story.  

Sorry if this was discussed, I'm slacking on my lurking but thought this was tres juicy!

Do you have a link to provide, please ? Thanks :D

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Do you have a link to provide, please ? Thanks :D

Google Weinstein and you can find it.  Benza is a big Weinstein supporter.  And now we are to believe that the day after Dennis’ death the police very discreetly in plain clothes raided Bethenny’s city apartment.  The paps that were sitting out front waiting for a money shot didn’t even see it happening.  And then the police turned evidence over to Jason.  And then 1 week later Jason, with that evidence went to court and said 50/50 custody was fine with him. Oh, I believe, I believe.  

• Love 10

I listened to the podcast from the beginning.   Anything about Bethenny supplying pills to Dennis or getting scripts for him is pure speculation on this guy's part, and he admits that. He prefaces the entire thing with an, "I think.."  he concludes with an "if".

He talks about how pill addicts will enlist friends to get prescriptions for them, how they'll pay friends like $200 to get them pills, etc. That's true, but I cannot imagine that Bethenny would be motivated to do this for $200. Silly.

He later says "can you imagine if there are three of four pill bottles in his apartment with her name on it". Speculation.

At the end he says "that's if they find them (pills). I don't know. I just think she's going to be embroiled in this death investigation and really the girl did nothing wrong but love the guy. Really, that's the whole sad thing about this..."

Interestingly he says he's followed the story of Beth/Jason/Dennis etc and calls Jason a c*********. 

The first couple minutes of the podcast is him talking about his other pay-per-cast, and sort of implying that the people who pay get more information. I didn't, but if anyone did could you please let us know if there is anymore info on the topic?

Edited by Jel
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

I listened to the podcast from the beginning.   Anything about Bethenny supplying pills to Dennis or getting scripts for him is pure speculation on this guy's part, and he admits that. He prefaces the entire thing with an, "I think.."  he concludes with an "if".

If Bethenny was a pharma mule for Dennis, then, mention it ALL. And let the custody cards fall where they may. Poor Bryn. 

If this is pure speculation, I hope Beth's attorneys ruin him.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

If Bethenny was a pharma mule for Dennis, then, mention it ALL. And let the custody cards fall where they may. Poor Bryn. 

If this is pure speculation, I hope Beth's attorneys ruin him.

I did not pony up the $5 for the Patreon content, but if someone did, and there's information related to Bethenny supplying drugs to him that is  based on facts in there, I'd love to know. 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Google Weinstein and you can find it.  Benza is a big Weinstein supporter.  And now we are to believe that the day after Dennis’ death the police very discreetly in plain clothes raided Bethenny’s city apartment.  The paps that were sitting out front waiting for a money shot didn’t even see it happening.  And then the police turned evidence over to Jason.  And then 1 week later Jason, with that evidence went to court and said 50/50 custody was fine with him. Oh, I believe, I believe.  

Put another way, why is no one MENTIONING IT ALL when this theoretically happened and Jason is still keeping mum because despite the reality that "scrips for him in her name? His drugs in her home?" with Bethenny (because if AJ Benza says so then now people are doubting their prior thoughts) ?

I mean, Jason has handed his daughter back to the woman who supposedly was supplying her now dead lover with opiods? Had her apartment searched for drugs by the police - and somehow kept that out of the real news? And Jason, great father that he is, knows this, and does nothing but hand his daughter back to the hell beast with drugs? And doesn't file for emergency intervention?

To be honest, the part that makes this utterly laughable is the idea that the news media has to rely on AJ Benza to find out the story. I don't think there's a shred of truth to this one but since people are remarking on how it changes their minds, then I trust folks now have some concerns about Bryn's daddy doing *nothing* in the face of this "true" tale.

• Love 10

Would Jason even have to file paperwork in that case?  (Pretending that Bethenny's house turned out to be Aladdin's cave of Wonders for Dennis drugs)?  Wouldn't the police basically call CPS and let them handle it on the spot?  

• Love 8

Amazing! Beth's condo is searched a day after Dennis's death and they find drugs and scripts in Beth's name? Wowzer! So they must have also searched Dennis's wife's home since she was in contact with Dennis every day (unlike Beth who had an on again off again relationship). And his kids! They must have searched his kids residences! (Aren't most if not all adults?). Wow! Hard to believe that all this activity got by the paps. And that Jason didn't use it several days later in court. Not to mention try to take Brynn (who is still with Beth) away from her while it all gets sorted out. Once again, amazing!

Tin foil hats abound. 

• Love 16

LOL! At this rate, I'm shocked that the feds didn't find some in Michael Cohen's apartment when they raided that, seeing as how Cohen is the one who called Dennis when Trump Tower caught fire earlier this year to tell him what was going on.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

If the story is true, why wouldn’t B have been arrested?What motivation would NYPD have to protect her? I’m not saying it’s outside of the realm of possibility these things happened, I guess I’m more saying that I don’t even get what the story is. Dennis died and NYPD got a warrant to search B’s home as part of some investigation (was Dennis being investigated? Was his death being investigated?) they found something? Cocain? Prescription drugs? Stolen prescription pads? And then they left and did something with the evidence and now this podcaster and Jason know about it? Huh? 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, FozzyBear said:

If the story is true, why wouldn’t B have been arrested?What motivation would NYPD have to protect her? I’m not saying it’s outside of the realm of possibility these things happened, I guess I’m more saying that I don’t even get what the story is. Dennis died and NYPD got a warrant to search B’s home as part of some investigation (was Dennis being investigated? Was his death being investigated?) they found something? Cocain? Prescription drugs? Stolen prescription pads? And then they left and did something with the evidence and now this podcaster and Jason know about it? Huh? 

Further to that, is there anything other than this fellow's speculation that led him to believe that Dennis had prescriptions in Bethenny's name? Did he speak to  cop who saw the name Bethenny Frankel on pill bottles? Did the housekeeper tell him that?

Like where is this dude getting this from? From what I heard him say, it sounded like it was coming from his personal experience with people he knows (other people, not Dennis) who misuse prescription meds and how they behave, specifically the types of things they do, how they get drugs, etc. Then, it seemed like he extrapolated that and imagined that this might have been how this situation went down.  I did not hear anything that led me to believe he has some kind on inside scoop on what happened in Dennis's situation.

Maybe that's on the Patreon -cast.  If so, I'd like to know. If anyone ponies up the $5 please tell us.

• Love 5

LOL indeed! I mean Jason is knowingly handing over his child even though he is fully aware of all of this... When will Jason be MENTIONING IT ALL? 

Fozzy - Basically  you would need to believe B has special contacts in the NYPD and somehow didn't use them to just stop the apartment search but did use them to keep all mention of Bethenny's home being searched for Dennis's illicit drugs from the real media. 

And you would have to believe that Dennis's own family - the wife who spent every day with him, the "young children" who are in their twenties - wasn't searched or questioned about Dennis's drug use, and that Jason made the parental call to mention Dennis's drug use BUT NOT MENTION how Bethenny's home was searched for drugs - even after he got spanked by the judge?

I mean, as the judge derided him for mentioning Dennis's prescence in Bryn's life, wouldn't that have been a GREAT time for Jason to MENTION IT ALL? That Bethenny's home was searched for drugs, that he had reason, and the NYPD had reason to think Bethenny was connected to Dennis's drug use?

Personally, I just can't believe that the media wouldn't be on THIS story - Bethenny's home being searched - like white on rice. Sorry, the bitch can't go boating without someone snapping a photo of the kid with no life jacket but a POLICE INVESTIGATION was kept hidden?

• Love 12

The whole thing is so ridiculous! Not to mention, why would Jason not have insisted that he retain custody of Brynn since she could still be exposed to drugs that apparently Beth left lying around her apartment? What if they missed something? Should her house in the Hamptons be searched as well? After all, Dennis spent time there. Should Beth be allowed to take Brynn there if it has not been searched by police to see what may have been left lying around there?  Is Jason really that nice that he is not concerned and doing everything he can to protect his daughter? The guy that needed a restraining order, and threatened to destroy Beth? 

The whole story has given me my morning laugh. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Jel said:

Maybe that's on the Patreon -cast.  If so, I'd like to know. If anyone ponies up the $5 please tell us.

Maybe Jason should since you know, it's his kid living in the drug house. Why does AJ Benza know more about this drug raid than anyone else? :)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Maybe Jason should since you know, it's his kid living in the drug house. Why does AJ Benza know more about this drug raid than anyone else? :)

I really hope Jason reads this forum, if no one has clued him into this AJ person. Brynn's well being depends on it! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

I'm actually picturing a very bitter Jason tearing off his headphones in disgust. After having scrounged up $5, expecting some damaging evidence he could take to the courthouse, he's left bitter and angry because he not only got nothing, he now has to miss today's Starbucks.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

I'm actually picturing a very bitter Jason tearing off his headphones in disgust. After having scrounged up $5, expecting some damaging evidence he could take to the courthouse, he's left bitter and angry because he not only got nothing, he now has to miss today's Starbucks.

He's still getting an insane amount of money from Bethenny for child support. I think he's okay on the Starbucks.

But I do like the image of his impotent rage.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He's still getting an insane amount of money from Bethenny for child support. I think he's okay on the Starbucks.

But I do like the image of his impotent rage.

You'd think he would use some of Beth's money to hire a better lawyer. One who would not miss such a big scoop against Bethenny.

Poor, impotent Jason. 

• Love 7

I wouldn't waste my time trying to find anything on this stupid story.   

Searches just don't "happen" and if one did, the New York media wouldn't have missed it.   It's just nonsense.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

You'd think he would use some of Beth's money to hire a better lawyer. One who would not miss such a big scoop against Bethenny.

Poor, impotent Jason. 

Or it could be that he keeps his cards hidden until it's showtime. I, for one, am going to wait this out to see what transpires when the rubber meets the road. I'm sure that he is building his case with his lawyers.  I'm willing to be patient and see what happens when the next hearing comes up. Jason is quite private, so any "scoops" are likely happening behind closed doors. I wouldn't call him impotent at this point. 

At this point people can speculate all they want. I don't see Bethenny's people trying to shut down the rumours of Dennis having prescriptions filled in her name. 

All of this will unfold in time.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Poor, impotent Jason. 

Using child support money to hire an attorney would be a mis-use of that money.

presumably whoever went into Dennis’ apt looked at the various drug bottles and compared to the toxicology.  If they didn’t match, then someone could look into where he got the drugs/meds.  But at this point other than a random guy on the Internet, there’s nothing to say this was B supplying Dennis.  It’d be a very stupid thing to do, and it certainly seems he managed to get too many drugs/meds on his own.  Many people do.

5 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Or it could be that he keeps his cards hidden until it's showtime. I, for one, am going to wait this out to see what transpires when the rubber meets the road. I'm sure that he is building his case with his lawyers.  I'm willing to be patient and see what happens when the next hearing comes up. Jason is quite private, so any "scoops" are likely happening behind closed doors. I wouldn't call him impotent at this point. 

At this point people can speculate all they want. I don't see Bethenny's people trying to shut down the rumours of Dennis having prescriptions filled in her name. 

He couldn’t wait until the hearing, because that would just cause another delay.  And if he really thinks Brynn is endangered, he should file that petition and ask for an emergency hearing immediately.  (Not saying there’s cause for this).

if he waited and  tried to drop a bombshell that his daughter had been exposed to drugs for months, he knew about it but tactically delayed acting on it, the Court would be pissed!  At him!  And well as at B.  All of this is speculation though.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Making an effort to shutdown the rumors requires repeating those rumors.  The best thing for them to do is nothing. 

I believe it's nonsense.   As you said, it will all unfold in time.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Using child support money to hire an attorney would be a mis-use of that money.

Of course it would, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. My hubby's ex spent the kids' child support on herself all the time. Unless one gets a detailed report monthly of how the money is spent (and I don't know of anyone who does) it happens all the time. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

why is no one MENTIONING IT ALL when this theoretically happened and Jason is still keeping mum because despite the reality that "scrips for him in her name? His drugs in her home?" with Bethenny

When you quote me  ("scrips for him in her name? His drugs in her home? -- so all I can say is:  MENTION IT ALL, AJ.  MENTION IT ALL") can you do the standard  PTV thing and throw in an @film noire or just use the quote box? Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I'm sure that he is building his case with his lawyers.  

Yes -- and whatever the validity/lack thereof re: Benza's podcast, Hoppy's lawyer already brought up drug use at the last custody hearing -- so the issue is in play. (eta: And that little girl must be made of miracles, to have withstood this endless, ugly custody battle.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

Not long before Bethenny is spoon feeding Jason's lawyers. She just doesn't get it.  Bryn is being taught to put herself out there for the world to see on Instagram. At 8 years old. You can hear it. She is being coached. 

"Look what I did, I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter". (not "I'm Bryn Hoppy")

How can anyone not see what is so very wrong with that?

Imagine Bryn on Jason's instagram saying "I am Jason Hoppy's daughter".

Except, oh yeah, Jason doesn't post every second moment of his and Bryn's life on instagram.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This Jason keep his cards hidden?  Um no.  A responsible parent, if this story is correct, would get his/her attorney on this immediately and have an emergency custody hearing.  If his ex, who has 50% custody, had been supplying opiods to her addicted boyfriend who OD'D and had containers of white powder in her house, and he DIDN'T go for an emergency custody hearing he is as unworthy of being Brynn's parent as the hypothetical situation being talked about.  I realize that B is wildly unpopular in this forum but this story seems as valid as pizzagate.

• Love 16

Natalie I couldnt agree more. I mean, let's assume there's a shred of truth to a story about bethenny's apartment being searched for illicit drugs due to her now dead boyfriend that you know, wasn't splattered across the gossip rags. Jason would rather "hold his cards" than get his daughter out of an unsafe environment? 

If true, then he's an asshole who would rather fuck over his ex than make his daughter safe. 

I personally don't think it's true because honestly... There's no way this situation wouldn't be on the news. But if we're gonna pretend it's true then why on earth would he be waiting on making a move?

• Love 12

Bethenny may have had opiates hanging around (either her house or his) post plastic surgery or when she led us to believe she was bleeding to death from fibroids and the related surgery she needed. It would not be unheard of for her to have 2 or 3 leftover pills she didn't take.  Maybe he took them. Maybe she gave them to him. Or they could have been forgotten in his home by her. It's possible. And it does not mean she did anything illegal or he took them. It could be true and still be nothing.  But anything is possible. I don't think AJ Benza - who is pretty questionable - would have doubled down without a pretty good source. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny may have had opiates hanging around (either her house or his) post plastic surgery or when she led us to believe she was bleeding to death from fibroids and the related surgery she needed. It would not be unheard of for her to have 2 or 3 leftover pills she didn't take.  Maybe he took them. Maybe she gave them to him. Or they could have been forgotten in his home by her. It's possible. And it does not mean she did anything illegal or he took them. It could be true and still be nothing.  But anything is possible. I don't think AJ Benza - who is pretty questionable - would have doubled down without a pretty good source. 

This could be true. Also they are investigating Drs all over the place for writing scrips and over prescribing opiates to people. You can't discount the fact that if Dennis were an active addict he may have had an unscrupulous dr. who would have called in prescriptions in other people's names for him. You just don't know.  Bethenny doesn't have to have done anything wrong or even have known about it. 

• Love 5

I don't think any of this story is true.  The press would have gotten hold of it.  And if scripts to Beth were found....  I don't think there would be a hush, hush.  Betthenny Frankel just doesn't have 'that' kind of power.

If.  Repeat if.  Dennis Shields had a serious addiction to opioids, as a parent I would be seriously concerned about him being around my child, no less caring for my child when I'm not there.  But then again, I would never go on SM filming my dog having seizures with my child in the background.  Jason may have his problems but damn, dealing with the mother of his child is no picnic. 

• Love 14

Just to clarify, CPS does not automatically get involved when a parent is a drug user/addict or allows the child to be around a drug user/addict. CPS is supposed to only get involved when there is a child safety issue. As long as a person does not use mind-altering drugs at doses that impairs their ability to be a caregiver while in the presence of their child there is no safety issue. That's why celebrities with obvious drug and/or alcohol problems don't have their children taken away from them automatically. They likely have full time nannies taking care of the kids while they're using, and even if they don't, unless there's an actual report of the celebrity using drugs around their children, then there's no reason for CPS to get involved.

Regardless of whether this rumor is true (and I don't think it is), there so far has not been any evidence that Bethenny placed Bryn in danger. Dennis may have watched Brynn without Bethenny present, but if he was not impaired while watching her then there's no reason for CPS to get involved. If Bethenny was giving Dennis her pain killers that is not a child safety issue. Even if Bethenny was arrested and sent to jail and unable to take care of Brynn, so long as she had an appropriate caregiver for Brynn while she is in jail there would be no child safety issue. Child custody in the Family Law arena is different. Judges are allowed to take into account other factors aside from safety when determining custody, therefore, it is appropriate to bring up such issues in family court but not whatever court deals with CPS cases in New York (it has different names depending on the state—juvenile, dependency, etc.). 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 5
On 8/28/2018 at 10:47 PM, jinjer said:

This could be true. Also they are investigating Drs all over the place for writing scrips and over prescribing opiates to people. You can't discount the fact that if Dennis were an active addict he may have had an unscrupulous dr. who would have called in prescriptions in other people's names for him. You just don't know.  Bethenny doesn't have to have done anything wrong or even have known about it. 

I don't believe for a moment that Bethenny would have knowingly co-signed Dennis using her name to obtain prescription meds. She may have turned a blind eye, but I highly doubt that she would have contributed to his addiction.

I think that the reason for them being on again /off again was him not getting a divorce and his closeness with his wife. It appears that Dennis and Jill remained very close and I think that Bethenny likely wasn't happy about that. She did say that he couldn't commit. I thought that it was sweet that Jill and Dennis attended the Bruce show together. I don't think that Bethenny thought that it was sweet. I do believe that Bethenny really did love Dennis and that he was good to her.

It's also possible that Dennis was dating other women.

Dennis did say (on the podcast) a few days before he died that he had seen Bethenny a month ago, and coincidentally he and Jill had gone out together a month ago. I realize that Jill had moved on and had a boyfriend. I have a sense that there was some bad blood between Bethenny and Jill. 

Bottom line, I have thought about this and don't believe that Bethenny was aware of the extent of Dennis' issues with medications. I think that she was somewhat aware, but not completely.

It horrifies me to think of his final moments when he was aware of what was happening and asking for help too late. I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

It also horrifies me to think that Bethenny, Jill and his children and his family and friends have to imagine those final moments of his, and to have that realization mixed in with happy memories. Chills.

I hope that Jason has the capacity to be sensitive to Bethenny's pain, while at the same time keeping Bryn's best interests at the forefront. May be a difficult situation for him.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I don't believe for a moment that Bethenny would have knowingly co-signed Dennis using her name to obtain prescription meds. She may have turned a blind eye, but I highly doubt that she would have contributed to his addiction.

I think that the reason for them being on again /off again was him not getting a divorce and his closeness with his wife. It appears that Dennis and Jill remained very close and I think that Bethenny likely wasn't happy about that. She did say that he couldn't commit. I thought that it was sweet that Jill and Dennis attended the Bruce show together. I don't think that Bethenny thought that it was sweet. I do believe that Bethenny really did love Dennis and that he was good to her.

It's also possible that Dennis was dating other women.

Dennis did say (on the podcast) a few days before he died that he had seen Bethenny a month ago, and coincidentally he and Jill had gone out together a month ago. I realize that Jill had moved on and had a boyfriend. I have a sense that there was some bad blood between Bethenny and Jill. 

Bottom line, I have thought about this and don't believe that Bethenny was aware of the extent of Dennis' issues with medications. I think that she was somewhat aware, but not completely.

It horrifies me to think of his final moments when he was aware of what was happening and asking for help too late. I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

It also horrifies me to think that Bethenny, Jill and his children and his family and friends have to imagine those final moments of his, and to have that realization mixed in with happy memories. Chills.

I hope that Jason has the capacity to be sensitive to Bethenny's pain, while at the same time keeping Bryn's best interests at the forefront. May be a difficult situation for him.

I want to clarify that I don't think Bethenny would be complicit in giving Dennis the go ahead. I think if this happened at all, and that's a big if, that addicts are sneaky and desperate and $$ can buy unscrupulous doctors. 

• Love 2
On 8/28/2018 at 1:09 PM, Otherkate said:

I didn't even know that AJ Benza was still alive. Last time I heard about him was when he got in a slap fight with Stuttering John on Howard Stern.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why his name sounded familiar. Google and Wiki let me know that he used to host Mysteries and Scandals on E!, which I used to watch back in college. 

Anyway, that he's a Weinstein supporter doesn't mean much to me when we also have Bethenny tweeting about reading many stories where women falsely accuse men of rape. She's got the money to go after Benza for whatever he said on his show, great. But she's not free and clear as far as her views go about rape accusations. Benza supports trash like Weinstein; Bethenny thinks that there are far more women falsely accusing men of rape than there actually are.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Mozelle said:

he used to host Mysteries and Scandals on E!, which I used to watch back in college. 

Dream summer tv: Benza doing a Mysteries and Scandals of the Real Housewives ("They had everything,  and then fate took a bite out of their apple!") plus giant bucket of popcorn and the world's biggest frose. 

Benza supports trash like Weinstein; Bethenny thinks that there are far more women falsely accusing men of rape than there actually are.

I have no idea what Benza's history is with Weinstein,  but he Page Sixed him last December (fame's a bitch, Harvey -- and so is Karma, you stinking parasitical monster):

"A gossip writer says disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein tried to recruit him to pose as an author to get dirt on the women who accused him of sexual assault.

Appearing on Heather McDonald’s “Juicy Scoop” podcast, former New York columnist A.J. Benza said that in December of last year, Weinstein — a longtime contact — had asked to meet at the Peninsula Hotel in Los Angeles. Benza claims Weinstein said that New York Magazine was trying to “do a Bill Cosby” on him.

Benza says the shamed mogul — who has been accused by more than 80 women of sexual misconduct, harassment, assault or rape — told him, “We’ve got to come up with a plan where you can figure out who’s talking to New York Magazine. Maybe you can pose as an author writing a book that slams me.”

Benza — who said that he wouldn’t have considered working on the faux book if he had known the extent of the accusations that would eventually be made against Weinstein — says that he didn’t think the plan would work, but that Weinstein offered to pay him $20,000 a month for the job.

As The New Yorker reported, Weinstein eventually hired private detectives to find out who was talking to the press about him, but it all backfired.

A rep for Weinstein said, “Mr. Benza is a friend of Mr. Weinstein’s but they clearly have a difference of opinion. Mr. Weinstein asked Mr. Benza if he had heard anything about a New York Magazine article, but never asked him to write a book.”

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/02/weinstein-tried-to-hire-gossip-writer-to-get-dirt-on-accusers/

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, film noire said:

Dream summer tv: Benza doing a Mysteries and Scandals of the Real Housewives ("They had everything,  and then fate took a bite out of their apple!") plus giant bucket of popcorn and the world's biggest frose.

Good god yes. Mysteries & Scandals was the shit back in the day!

• Love 4