Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She would have spoken to a court appointed shrink.  A lot of states appoint someone to look after the minor's best interest.  But in most cases they have just evaluated her outside of the court environment.

Hmm.....I haven't read that they had any child custody evaluations this time around. I would think that would be a biggie for them, if there is one. 

I have a suspicion that no matter what happens with custody, this will not go well for Bethenny down the road. She has significant relationship issues and I don't see that changing.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Oh Jeez, when it comes to this stuff, I've mostly come down on Bethenny's side, but this email she sent to Jason was so exceptionally & unnecessarily cruel.  I mean, she had to know this would come out publicly.  By speaking/writing so horribly about Jason's relatives, does she not realize she's not just embarrassing Jason, but her own daughter as well?  Sheesh!

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/05/bethenny-frankel-rips-jason-hoppy-apart-over-daughters-school-rejection/?_ga=2.46117987.631857830.1551775675-1631909422.1484548521

It’s what I've been saying about Bethenny for what seems like forever.  She doesn't change no matter what.  She's capable of such awful cruelty.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Oh Jeez, when it comes to this stuff, I've mostly come down on Bethenny's side, but this email she sent to Jason was just so exceptionally & unnecessarily cruel.

She doesn’t get the whole ten points since it was a reply to him sending her the rejection letter with a nasty missive on how it was her fault. Then she get at least one point off for immediately sending an apology after she calmed down.  So Hoppy’s at a 10 for starting the pissing match and she's about a 6 for responding in kind and then taking it back.

But this is how A LOT of divorces go down.  He is making conversation about doing better etc.  If that’s true then this exchange would not happen again.  He spent 5-6 years being this bully so he has at least 5-6 years before anyone trusts him. And Bethenny will probably never trust him if the shrinks analysis is on point.  

• Love 9

Oh look, I’m sure Bethenny was absolutely spot on in her description of the situation.  She’s supporting all of ‘em financially now.  She’s angry as hell about it & I don’t blame her one bit.

I hadn’t heard much about Bethenny & these issues for a while, so I figured the situation had calmed down.  Boy, was I wrong.  Sounds like Jason is being an asshole.  No surprise there.  But if he isn’t mistreating their daughter, there’s nothing Bethenny can do to alter the custody agreement.

Her daughter will soon be at an age where she will understand the cutting comments Bethenny regularly says about Jason & it could come back to bite her.  Yup, I see Frankel mother/daughter relationships repeating . . .

• Love 6

I'm wondering if Daddy's charming emails to Mom - that Jason has admitted to sending and has apologized for in court - just might ALSO have an impact on how Bryn views her family now that she's old enough to understand Daddy's cutting comments. 

I'm not applauding Bethenny btw, but the truth seems to be that saintly Jason dishes shit out hard and isn't entirely the innocent victim of Bethenny. Or is it ok to email your ex hundreds of insults in a day since you've decided your ex is a bitch?

I think Jason's game of reading Bryn stories about witches and then asking Bryn if she thought Mommy is a witch is kinda sorta shitty. Oh wait, take out that kinda sort, thats Jason being a great dad and doing everything he can to ensure Bryn has a good relationship with her mom, right? Good daddies tell their daughter to compare their mom to witches?

Frankly, that Jason is conceding in court that he needs to apologize for his behavior, is a big indicator that the behavior actually happened. If it happened to me with an ex, I'd be calling the cops and letting the world know how poorly I was being treated. 

• Love 12

If Jason did wrong, he should be held responsible and stop it.  From what I've read, it appears he has. However, I think that things that Bethenny has done aren't taken as seriously, even though they are as damaging and harmful to the child. (I won't list all of Bethenny's bizarre and unstable behavior.) I really hope that Bethenny doesn't do long term damage to her relationship with Bryn and that Bryn doesn't blame her from keeping her from her father.  Bethenny has the job of creating a stable and long term relationship with Bryn, which is something that she and her family have no experience with.  Based on Bethenny's personality/traits, according to her own words, she's a very high strung and challenging person.  I can see how being with her would be exhausting.  I feel for Bryn.  I hope that one day her true voice is heard. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Her daughter will soon be at an age where she will understand the cutting comments Bethenny regularly says about Jason & it could come back to bite her.  Yup, I see Frankel mother/daughter relationships repeating . . .

Or her daughter will see her father as the instigator and bully that he is, the deadbeat that spent 2 years living rent free with alimony ...

Remember that Jason big turn around comes at the court ordered anger management. What happens when he completes it?  The behavior of a lifetime isn’t often changed by one go round in therapy.  The next time he starts this with Bethenny Brynn will be old enough to recognize an abuser.  The path that he sets her up on by this behavior will last her a lifetime.

• Love 11
(edited)

Yeah, I just can’t let go of how exceptionally cruel it was of Bethenny to make the wild accusation, of Jason’s relative being a pedophile, as to why Brynn was rejected from that school.

We know why Brynn was rejected from the school.  It was likely because they wanted nothing to do with the Bethenny’s connection to a lowball reality show.  Jason’s remarks to her were absolutely cruel, but she should not have taken the bait & gone even lower — particularly with comments that will ultimately embarrass & hurt her daughter.

I’m looking at coverage of today’s doings in court (in Daily Mail & the NY Post) & it seems like Bethenny is just being overly dramatic about old stuff that’s been brought up before.  Is she trying to get full custody again or does she know that won’t happen & she’s merely doing this for a PR blitz for the new season?  Sorry, but the timing on this — to coincide with the premiere of the new season — makes me suspicious.  And I NEVER trust Bethenny’s motives.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I don't really think bethenny is allowed to set the court dates.

THIS. Bethenny isn't the goddess of the court calendars. Judges and clerks set hearings when they see fit, and everyone else has to move heaven and earth to comply with those. None of this appears to be any tricky calendaring. 

Let's not forget Jason is the one who refused to move out. Jason is the one who has been found by the court to be stalking and harassing Bethenny. Jason is the one seeking the payday here. Just because you may not like what you see of her on RHONY doesn't change those facts. 

As for the school, she likely was rejected because the parents were in an acronious custody battle. Those things tend to spawn unpleasant events like deposing teachers and other parents. THAT is what matters, not that she's on a Reality TV show that the child doesn't appear on. 

• Love 11

I admit, the thing I find amusing about Bethenny's missive to Jason about the scool is that let's see, theres a cousin with identity theft concerns, an incarcerated cousin, and an uncle that overdosed... and the only denial by legal folks was that the incarcerated cousin wasn't a pedofile. 

Perhaps the Hoppy clan isn't as lovely as some think?

For the record, I am sure that Bethenny being a wee bit too much of a reality show skank had a lot to do with the school turn down but I can see Jason's family figuring in as well.

• Love 7

Frankel said Hoppy has even gone as far to call Bryn's principal and demand that the reality star not be allowed to come visit or eat lunch with her daughter on his custody days.   

The principal denied Hoppy's demands after Frankel showed her their custody agreement, she added.  

That would be a good reason she didn’t get accepted in the school.  Hoppy just can’t help himself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I don't know why she's bringing up this tired old Jason shit in court, but I still think it's to plug the show & draw sympathy for her.  She knows she can't change anything about the custody agreement.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6778743/Bethenny-Frankel-sobs-court-describing-ex-Jason-Hoppy-tormented-her.html

Yawn, I've heard this same shit for what seems like a zillion years & a zillion times.  OK, Bethenny, keep whining to the judge how Jason is the devil & the worst human being who ever existed & he should be thrown in jail forever, just so she can have full custody.  Wah, wah, wah & blah, blah, blah.  Oh hey, Bethenny, why not give a real subtle shout-out to all your fans out there, and just say on the stand -- don't forget to watch my show, OK?

8 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I don't really think bethenny is allowed to set the court dates.

Not true at all.  I worked in the court system where Bethenny is & you do get some choice of court dates.  Could she have coordinated this to coincide with the premiere of the show?  Yes.  And I have no doubt she did.

• Love 12
(edited)

I will never understand why custody hearings and anything involving a minor are not automatically sealed by the court. Having this all out there is not in the short or long term best interest of the child. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 17

While I doubt Bethenny will gain sole custody (I just don't think she has enough to make her case) I am pleased that we're finally getting some legit "this is what Jason did and apologized for in court" info on the content of the emails and his behaviors.

Add in the dish about the marvelous Hoppy clan that includes someone incarcerated (But NOT for pedofilia heheh) a cousin who does identity theft, an uncle with a drug problem/overdoes. Add in Ma Hoppy's culpability in Jason's attempt to take the apartment and gosh, is spending time with the Hoppy family really in Bryn's best interest?

I'm teasing a little, obviously but Jason and the Hoppy family do seem to be... not so perfect a contrast to awful Bethenny who is awful. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Add in the dish about the marvelous Hoppy clan that includes someone incarcerated (But NOT for pedofilia heheh) a cousin who does identity theft, an uncle with a drug problem/overdoes. A

Bethenny has similar people in her life/family so I don’t understand why this is a mark against Jason anymore than it should be against her.

• Love 20

I would simply point out when it was a mark against Bethenny, it sure seems like it was a really big deal to point out how wonderful the Hoppy family was and how at least Bryn could spend time with the Hoppy family and see how normal not awful people live. Now that there's some critical issues over Jason's family, now it's not big deal to have criminals and drug users in Bryn's contact chain. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I don't know why she's bringing up this tired old Jason shit in court, but I still think it's to plug the show & draw sympathy for her.  

Jason has emotionally abused, harrassed, and stalked Bethenny; she should definitely keep trying to gain full custody. I’ve seen too many news stories about ex-husbands killing their children to get revenge on their ex-wives. 

14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

However, I think that things that Bethenny has done aren't taken as seriously, even though they are as damaging and harmful to the child. 

Like what? Being a famewhore? Is that really as damaging and harmful as being arrested for stalking and harrassing the other parent?

The cruel things she’s said/written to Jason were in response to his cruel messages to her. It’s natural to want to fight back against someone trying to hurt you.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Bethenny has similar people in her life/family so I don’t understand why this is a mark against Jason anymore than it should be against her.

Bethenny is estranged from her family.

15 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I think Jason's game of reading Bryn stories about witches and then asking Bryn if she thought Mommy is a witch is kinda sorta shitty. 

Yeah, not damaging at all.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheWorst said:

Like what? Being a famewhore? 

.....more like -- off the top of my head --  taking your little girl on vacation with a man credibly and publicly accused of tag-team raping a co-ed (and later tweeting about the "many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape" you've read) and leaving your little girl alone with a drug addict to babysit her, and screeching like Mr. Rochester's wife in the attic in front of your little girl -- as her pet is suffering a horrific seizure -- and letting your kid go without a life jacket in the water, and posting this kind of invasive, boundary-less crap about your kid on instagram:

bryn.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 23
(edited)

The recorded phone calls is something that wasn’t mentioned previously.  And obviously NY is a single party law (one party can record a phone call without the other parties knowledge or consent).  So things like this are perfectly normal?  This shouldn’t mess up Brynn at all.

“Who’s Mommy’s friend. Who’s Mommy’s friend? You can tell me tomorrow,” Hoppy said, before referring to Frankel as her estranged mother Bernadette Birk’s nickname.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, film noire said:

.....more like -- off the top of my head --  taking your little girl on vacation with a man credibly and publicly accused of tag-team raping a co-ed (and later tweeting about the "many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape" you've read) and leaving your little girl alone with a drug addict to babysit her, and screeching like Mr. Rochester's wife in the attic in front of your little girl -- as her pet is suffering a horrific seizure -- and letting your kid go without a life jacket in the water, and posting this kind of invasive, boundary-less crap about your kid on instagram:

The fact that she brings boyfriends around Brynn is very disturbing, how many have there been now? I know mothers have the right to date but unless it is getting serious and marriage is being discussed this is something that should be done very, very carefully. I don't blame Jason for not liking this. I mean she was thrusting Dennis into a parental role with school runs and play dates, not good. And the fact that it turns out this guy was a drug addict is even more disturbing (not to mention the rapist bf) Poor Brynn, two shitty parents who hate each other more than they care about her. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, film noire said:

taking your little girl on vacation with a man credibly and publicly accused of tag-team raping a co-ed

This credibly and publically accused rapist is Michael Cerussi correct? Who actually was never arrested or charged with rape, let alone put on trial. The accuser never went to police at all. The school that had some sort of internal aka not exactly public (point - the potential victim's name is not public) review of the situation, later overturned their verdict upon appeal) I just want to be clear, never arrested and the crime never reported to the police by the victim is "a credibly and publically accused rapist" here. This also was a case in the early 2000s, so not exactly back in the day when young college coeds were deemed to be "asking for it".

4 hours ago, film noire said:

(and later tweeting about the "many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape" you've read) a

Why is this so impossible? Considering that lives are ruined by these accusations? Its entirely possible to support rape victims without condoning false claims. False claims actually make it harder for women to get justice.

4 hours ago, film noire said:

leaving your little girl alone with a drug addict to babysit her,

I know this gets bandied about but has anyone ever cited any actual facts on how often Dennis Sheilds, a guy with an actual career (and apparently a loving wife and "young children" he saw every day) was Bryn's designated babysitter, alone with her? I mean, no one seems to know he even had a problem until his death. I actually don't think it's impossible he was alone with her but I am genuinely going to question whether that was a) dangerous considering how publically functional he was and b) if it happened more than a rare one off and also c)If it's such a concern, isn't Jill Shields a monster for allowing her young children to spend time with him as well?

The dog and the "invasive" picture? I hate to be judgey about pet people but Bethenny's hysterics over her dog are pretty minor compared to my mom's hysterics over her dog. It's unfortunate Bethenny reacted so poorly but frankly if you think this is unusual behavior, I'd suggest trying a job in a vet's office.  As for the picture? I've seen much worse from both more famous and less famous. I'm far more disturbed by people posting pictures publically of their kids covered in feces after blowing out their diapers. 

Oh, I do think Bryn should be wearing a life jacket on a boat. I just notice CPS isn't investigating. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Interesting that Bethenny shlepped along the new bf to court with her.  Is he in the new season?  He kinda looks like a less hot, less good-looking version of Jason.  Is he an unemployed bum too?  Yup, Bethenny knows how to pick ‘em.

Er, I’m still looking for something on Bethenny (in the pics of her in court) that says — watch my show, watch my show, watch my show . . .

• Love 3
(edited)

What do Jason’s relatives have to do with Bryn’s rejection from a private school?   Nothing!   

If the school rejected Bryn for family reasons, it’s crazy to think that was based on literally anything beyond either the level of acrimony her parents show one another, or not wanting to be associated in any remote way, because it would be remote, with a television show or unusual press.  

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, film noire said:

bryn.jpg

So there’s no actual evidence to the first two accusations; the part about who has babysat Bryn is entirely pure speculation. Jason’s harrassment and stalking has been documented and he even apologized for it in court.

Also, posting an obscure photo of Bryn and captioning it that she was sad is nowhere near as damaging as Jason’s abusive actions toward her mother.

Edited by TheWorst
Misspelled word
  • Love 7
(edited)

@TheWorst 

the part about who has babysat Bryn is entirely pure speculation.

No, it's not speculation.

It was brought up in court, last August, by Hoppy's lawyer Robert Wallack, and never denied by Frankel's  lawyer, or herself:

“Dennis Shields spent a great deal of time with Bryn and even cared for Bryn at times when Ms. Frankel wasn’t around. Considering Mr. Shields’ addiction, what does that say about Ms. Frankel’s parenting that she would allow this person to care for her daughter? "

Jason’s harrassment and stalking has been documented

By Frankel,  not by any judge, court or (ultimately)  prosecutor -- and the plea deal struck was a kiss to Jason Hoppy. He did not have to plead guilty to any stalking or harassing, and was left with a completely clean record, six months later.  

The  prosecutors tried to force Hoppy into agreeing he had stalked her - by slapping increasingly  onerous charges on him -- and ended up having to back way the hell up because Hoppy would not take any plea deal involving stalking, harassing, harming, etc. 

And of course the law isn't always fair  (look at Cerussi - the school upheld his expulsion twice, so his $$ family fought back by suing his {alleged} victim + the school  -- after two years of legal shit, she finally entered into a settlement) but the Hoppy deal was SO sweet, it leads me to think the prosecutors knew they had no case,  did not think he was a real danger, and he would not come back to haunt them.

And given Frankel's behavior -- sending emails like the one read in court this last week, calling him "white trash" in front of Bryn, throwing water on him while he was asleep, using every chance in the media and on TV to trash Hoppy, putting Bryn in the repeated path of multiple men not fit to be around a little girl -- I don't think she's the moral exemplar she thinks she is. (The Bryn stuff alone -- just imagine if Hoppy had dated similarly awful women, and subjected Bryn to holidays/time alone with them -- Frankel would point to that as reason alone for her to have sole custody.

They're equally damaged/culpable in different ways, imo, and (at this point) neither should have sole control of Bryn.

The court-mandated shrink seems to agree shared custody should continue -- seeing no better option, and thinking sole custody could cause Bryn upheaval -- so here's hoping Bryn is kept from being at the sole mercy of either parent.

and he even apologized for it in court.

No, he  never apologized for stalking her (if nothing else, I would imagine Hoppy's lawyer would tell him that admitting to a crime he was never tried for could destroy his personal reputation, and have impact on custody). All the articles I've read cite a generic apology:

The cross-examination also saw an apology from Hoppy, who said, “I take full responsibility for the comments I have made,” referencing the custody agreement that prevents both from disparaging each other.

Mayefsky proceeded to read numerous disparaging texts that Hoppy sent to Frankel from 2015-2017 — they included, “A happy person doesn’t do what you do”; “You’re exactly like your mother”; “You’re a sad bitter person for keeping a child away from her father”; and “Which boyfriend do you have now Bethenny?” — all of which he took responsibility for and said he regretted sending them.

He also looked at Frankel and apologized to her directly a few times.

https://people.com/tv/jason-hoppy-apologizes-bethenny-frankel-during-custody-trial/

@Ki-in

I mean she was thrusting Dennis into a parental role with school runs and play dates, not good

And the babysitting -- really not good - even at age seven or eight, it only takes  a second (were they ever in a car?) for everything to go wrong around a kid. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This credibly and publically accused rapist is Michael Cerussi correct? Who actually was never arrested or charged with rape, let alone put on trial. The accuser never went to police at all. The school that had some sort of internal aka not exactly public (point - the potential victim's name is not public) review of the situation, later overturned their verdict upon appeal) I just want to be clear, never arrested and the crime never reported to the police by the victim is "a credibly and publically accused rapist" here. This also was a case in the early 2000s, so not exactly back in the day when young college coeds were deemed to be "asking for it".

It's actually quite common for victims to not report or go to the police even in 2019. And it absolutely was an issue in 2000. I was in college then. Additionally, all schools have to have an investigatory process; it's required under Title IX. Let's not act like this was some rogue secret tribunal at this University. You can find some of the information on his case online. The school reversed themselves on his expulsion not because they thought Cerussi was not guilty, but because the school investigators and tribunal denied him the due process rights that they had laid out in their Title IX policy. They didn't reveal pertinent information to him and they didn't tell him that he was allowed to have a student rep with him at the hearing. This doesn't mean that he didn't rape the girl, just that they didn't allow him to adequately defend himself.

And as for "asking for it"....it's laughable to pretend like we have moved beyond that in 2000, when the alleged incident occurred. We've got all of Harvey Weinstein's voluminous transgressions since 2000, Brock Turner, Kobe Bryant, and Ben Rothlisburger. We're not beyond that now! 

Why is this so impossible? Considering that lives are ruined by these accusations? Its entirely possible to support rape victims without condoning false claims. False claims actually make it harder for women to get justice.

It's true that false claims do make it harder for VICTIMS to get justice. However, there's no one credible who decides to make a larger point about prosecution of racist hate crimes based on Jussie Smollett. There are fake rape allegations just like there are fake racist hate crimes allegations, but the real allegations dwarf the fake ones many times over. Furthermore it took until 1993 for all states in the US to treat marital rape as a crime. There are still weird fucked up exemptions in a number of state statutes about marital rape. Let's not act like 2000 was some golden age of enlightenment. Just cause some fuckers weren't getting away with raping women flashing their ankles doesn't mean shit was good. It wasn't. It still isn't.

All I know about Michael Cerussi is that he was accused of rape, his college didn't follow their own procedures when investigating the allegation, and like many of the guys Bethenny is interested in, she was too hard too fast and it didn't last.

• Love 13

Well, I also know from perusing articles on line that Michael Cerussi was never charged with rape, arrested for rape, or put on trial for rape and his accuser never went to the police. If I am going to call someone a credibly accused rapist, with all the negative connotations that contains, I need him to at least have been formally charged. 

I mean, this is actually pretty similar to Bethenny calling Jason's in carcerated cousin a pedofile. Apparently the cousin isn't incarcerated for pedofilia. Michael Cerussi has never been arrested for rape. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

If I am going to call someone a credibly accused rapist, with all the negative connotations that contains, I need him to at least have been formally charged. 

That standard isn't mine - if it were, it would mean Cosby, Spacey, Pig Weinstein,  several Catholic priests  - and on and on, down the list of predators, including those with only a single current accuser  - weren't credibly accused until they were formally charged. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

I believe the term used for Cosby, Weintstein et al was "alleged rapist". (although Cosby, various Catholic priests etc have moved into the category of just "rapist" by dint of prosecution)

Which btw means Bethenny really should have called Jason's incarcerated cousin "an alleged pedofile".

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

What do Jason’s relatives have to do with Bryn’s rejection from a private school?   Nothing!   

If the school rejected Bryn for family reasons, it’s crazy to think that was based on literally anything beyond either the level of acrimony her parents show one another, or not wanting to be associated in any remote way, because it would be remote, with a television show or unusual press.  

Remote?  I can think of many ways the school could be directly bothered by Bethenny.  Whether Bryn is on the show or not is irrelevant.  She regularly picks Bryn up from school.  Production crews for the show could be outside the school, filming her waiting for Bryn, or after she drops her off.

Bethenny might mention the school on the show or in her Twitter.  And even if she doesn’t mention the name directly, the media outlets that regularly feature her sure will.  And those same outlets could have photographers laying in wait outside the school.  Maybe the school wouldn’t want to have to deal with that.

Most likely, the school doesn’t want any association with an unseemly reality show.  And Bethenny has a well known one with this show. 

I don’t think Bryn’s rejection from the school had anything to do with the divorce — no matter how ugly & public.  If this was a factor in admissions, they’d have no kids in the school.  And the stuff about Jason’s relative being a cause is ridiculously far fetched.  How would anyone at the school know or care about it?  

Nope, the school rejection was ONLY about Bethenny & her connection to this show.  Bethenny is way too smart not to know that.  She’s just using this as an op to throw shit at Jason.  Very ugly behavior.

Eh, stop whining, Bethenny.  There are plenty of good schools that will accept Bryn — and know nothing about the show & have no idea who Bethenny is.  Although the idea there are actually people in NYC who haven’t heard of Bethenny (and/or couldn’t care less about her) would probably make her head explode.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 17
(edited)
20 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Remote?  I can think of many ways the school could be directly bothered by Bethenny.  Whether Brynn is on the show or not is irrelevant.  She regularly picks Brynn up from school.  Production  crews for the show could be outside the school filming her waiting for Brynn, or after she drops her off.

Bethenny might mention the school on the show or in her Twitter.  And even if she doesn’t mention the name directly, the media outlets that regularly feature her sure will.  And those same outlets could have photographers laying in wait outside the school.  Maybe the school wouldn’t want to have to deal with that.

I don’t think Brynn’s had anything to do with the divorce — no matter how ugly & public.  If this was a factor in admissions, they’d have no kids in the school.  And the stuff about Jason’s relative being a cause is ridiculously far fetched.  How would anyone at the school know or care about it?  

Nope, the school rejection was ONLY about Bethenny & her connection to this show.  Bethenny is way too smart not to know that.  She’s just using this as an op to throw shit at Jason.  Very ugly behavior.

Eh, stop whining, Bethenny.  There are plenty of good schools that will accept Brynn — and know nothing about the show & have no idea who Bethenny is.  Although the idea there are actually people in NYC who haven’t heard of Bethenny (and/or couldn’t care less about her) would probably make her head explode.

Exactly.  This is not the first or last ugly socialite divorce / custody battle NYC has ever seen.

Do private schools really do a background check on extended family members??  I’m not saying that they couldn’t, and criminal records are public, but is that really a thing?  

This poor kid.  She’s ONLY 9.  All the money and all the therapy in the world cannot repair the damage that is already done.  By both of them.

ETA:  I honestly do wonder what B’s directive is for Brynn’s care should something happen to her (death). 

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 10
(edited)
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's actually quite common for victims to not report or go to the police even in 2019. 

Yes - in 2017, 77 percent of sexual assaults were not reported to police  - and campus rape stats are likely worse, due to most college officials suppressing accusations (the documentary about campus rape, The Hunting Ground, left me banging my head against a wall). The woman accusing Cerussi did go to the hospital & report she'd been raped --  a nurse did a visual exam (observed redness around the vaginal canal) but the woman didn't want a full kit done (not just swabs, but internal / photographs -- I have to say, that would give me pause - you've been raped and your body is being treated like a crime scene. I know there's no other way, but still, it's an awful burden to put on a victim).

Let's not act like this was some rogue secret tribunal at this University.

Not much to laugh about in this story, but that cracked me up : )

Why Frankel didn't just step away from Cerussi -  instead of taking Bryn on vacation with him & unleashing her publicists on writers at the tabs  - escapes me.  This is not a trustworthy old friend,  or a lover of years standing; it's a guy she picked up in bar for a fun fling. Something off to me about doubling-down in that situtation.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Aren’t parents supposed to wait a while before they introduce their children to new boyfriends/girlfriends? How many of Beth’s boyfriends has Bryn spent time with?

She’s had about 3 in the 5 years since splitting. So at most it’s 3. She dated a bit during the Dennis on and off but at least on insta you didn’t see them during Brynns time. Around that time there was more Adam/Carol. Last summer when she started dating the current guy most Brynn in the Hamptons was with school friends and an activity camp.   So pretty standard for a single parent. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe she doesn't feel a "credibly accused rapist" includes people who have never been arrested for or charged with rape or convicted of rape. Because at the end of the day, thats what Michael Cerussi is - a man who does not have a rape conviction, and who was never arrested or charged with rape, and whose alleged victim did not go to the police. Even though I am not sure the man is entirely innocent, I am certainly not sure he is guilty.

Its interesting to note that if Jason raised any objection to Michael Cerussi being around his daughter, it would be shot down by a judge because Michael Cerussi - supposedly credibly accused of rape - has no history of arrest for rape, no charges of rape, no convictions for rape, and not even a record of a victim filing a police report. Technically, Jason has more of an record of violence towards women in the legal sense and the idea that Bethenny doesn't want her daughter around him and doesn't want to deal with interacting with his anger is not considered a valid reason for a change custody request. 

Edited by Rap541
edited because I felt I edged into judging other people's opinions and not Bethenny's
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Remote?  I can think of many ways the school could be directly bothered by Bethenny.  Whether Bryn is on the show or not is irrelevant.  She regularly picks Bryn up from school.  Production crews for the show could be outside the school, filming her waiting for Bryn, or after she drops her off.

Most likely, the school doesn’t want any association with an unseemly reality show.  And Bethenny has a well known one with this show. 

I don’t think Bryn’s rejection from the school had anything to do with the divorce — no matter how ugly & public.  If this was a factor in admissions, they’d have no kids in the school.  And the stuff about Jason’s relative being a cause is ridiculously far fetched.  How would anyone at the school know or care about it?  

Eh, stop whining, Bethenny.  There are plenty of good schools that will accept Bryn — and know nothing about the show & have no idea who Bethenny is.  Although the idea there are actually people in NYC who haven’t heard of Bethenny (and/or couldn’t care less about her) would probably make her head explode.

I doubt the school knows anything about Jason’s family, but there are a lot of “exclusive” places in NYC that don’t want celebrities, probably especially reality tv stars, attached to their businesses, co-ops, schools.  As someone  else said, if private schools rejected kids due to bad divorces they would have a lot of vacancies.

on the court date, B could have some ways to delay to near the premiere date, but  there would be no guarantees.  And wasn’t the March date set last year?  Which would have been before any premiere was set.  I know Andy loves  B, but am not convinced he could have arranged the show to premiere around her hearing date.

i haven’t recently read much about the case, but can’t imagine bringing up stuff from 3 or 4 years ago is going to be sufficient to change the custody arrangement today.  And while we may think Jason shouldn’t have claimed their daughter was rejected from a school due to her mother (though he may have been right?), B replying with a lie(s?) about his family, which she then puts out there for public consumption, is worse IMO.

and let’s remember that Jason wasn’t convicted of stalking B.  While I can see how some think his apologizing for past behavior is proof of all her claims, it’s also possible that the Court will find it evidence of growth, and that he won’t repeat the behavior.  And if all B has is the texts from 2015 or so (and I haven’t been following closely to know if she has more recent stuff), the Court may decide that he has changed, and there is no need to change the custody arrangement.

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, film noire said:

By Frankel,  not by any judge, court or (ultimately)  prosecutor -- and the plea deal struck was a kiss to Jason Hoppy. He did not have to plead guilty to any stalking or harassing, and was left with a completely clean record, six months later.   

Jason’s harrassment of Bethenny was documented in the emails/texts he sent her. Then he stalked her at Bryn’s school and told her he would destroy her. In addition to Bryn and the friend that was with Bethenny, there were probably other witnesses.

Jason was arrested shortly afterward on charges of stalking and harrassment. Then Bethenny was granted a restraining order against Jason. Obviously, there was enough proof of his stalking and harrassment to arrest him and have a restraining order put against him.

The charges were later dropped because he agreed to comply with the extension of the restraining order.

So even though his criminal record is clean, his aforementioned behavior is still abusive. If someone sent me hundreds of threatening and insulting emails and showed up somewhere I was in order to threaten me in person, I’m pretty sure I would feel tortured too.

• Love 6
On 3/6/2019 at 10:51 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

It's funny, Jason is actually recorded repeatedly making nasty comments about B to Brynn and there's no evidence at all that B has talked shit about Jason to Brynn.  Yet somehow everyone is convinced that Bethenny has done this.  Yes, she is on tv, and yes, she has said that her divorce has been torture and she has gone through hell with her ex.  I'm a kid who grew up with divorced parents who had some court battles and I knew at times my mom wasn't thrilled with my biofather.  But, she was always clear that her issues with him had nothing to do with us (the kids), our relationship with him or how much he loved us.  That it was more of the grown up stuff that had caused them to not stay married (they had loved each other, but were not able to stay married, and it's sad, but they had us kids, so it will never be a mistake, blah, blah), sometimes when things don't work out, you just have to iron out how you're going to handle differences, and this was part of the process.  And that was fine.  People can be mad, sad, frustrated or hurt by other people and that can be ok, the other people can still be good people and not have meant to do it, or it doesn't have to involve everyone.  So, I don't particularly have an issue with any parent saying this situation has been hell for me, provided they're clear that it's their adult relationship with their ex and nothing in relation to the ex's relationship with the child.  B has been clear about that.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:27 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I’m looking at coverage of today’s doings in court (in Daily Mail & the NY Post) & it seems like Bethenny is just being overly dramatic about old stuff that’s been brought up before.  Is she trying to get full custody again or does she know that won’t happen & she’s merely doing this for a PR blitz for the new season?  Sorry, but the timing on this — to coincide with the premiere of the new season — makes me suspicious.  And I NEVER trust Bethenny’s motives.

It's not all dramatically old stuff.  Sure, some of it is, but some of it has happened as recently as 2017.  This case has been dragging on for a while, so here we are in 2019.  And, yes, it includes a lot of the older stuff, but, it's sort of a pattern, it's not like this was a one time, he wasn't thinking sort of thing.  

On 3/6/2019 at 11:47 PM, Rap541 said:

I would simply point out when it was a mark against Bethenny, it sure seems like it was a really big deal to point out how wonderful the Hoppy family was and how at least Bryn could spend time with the Hoppy family and see how normal not awful people live. Now that there's some critical issues over Jason's family, now it's not big deal to have criminals and drug users in Bryn's contact chain. 

Jason is now admitting he did all of the shit that has come out about him over the years.  He's saying yes, it's true, I'm sorry for it.  He's only apologizing now, while on the stand in court, mind you, but he's admitting it.  And people are still saying that somehow the Hoppy family is an example of how we should all aspire to be?  I truly do not get this.  

Should B have snapped back at him about the school thing? Nope, not at all.  But, it's really kind of messed up for him to automatically accuse her of being the problem when he's caused a high profile incident at Brynn's previous school.   

On 3/7/2019 at 6:31 PM, Rap541 said:

Well, I also know from perusing articles on line that Michael Cerussi was never charged with rape, arrested for rape, or put on trial for rape and his accuser never went to the police. If I am going to call someone a credibly accused rapist, with all the negative connotations that contains, I need him to at least have been formally charged. 

I mean, this is actually pretty similar to Bethenny calling Jason's in carcerated cousin a pedofile. Apparently the cousin isn't incarcerated for pedofilia. Michael Cerussi has never been arrested for rape. 

The only thing I know about Michael Cerussi is that he was never on the show.  

7 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Wasn’t Avery asked to not return to her private school because of Ramona being on HYNY?

Yes, because she kissed that friend of hers by her pool in the Hamptons in the first episode.

• Love 7
On 3/8/2019 at 12:33 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I agree, and I feel like somewhere, maybe on a talk show (?) I am fuzzy on the exacts here, Bethenny bragged up that her daughter was going to public school and being raised as just a "regular" kid. No? Anyone recall this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/8/2019 at 4:40 PM, TheWorst said:

Jason’s harrassment of Bethenny was documented in the emails/texts he sent her. Then he stalked her at Bryn’s school and told her he would destroy her. In addition to Bryn and the friend that was with Bethenny, there were probably other witnesses.

Jason was arrested shortly afterward on charges of stalking and harrassment. Then Bethenny was granted a restraining order against Jason. Obviously, there was enough proof of his stalking and harrassment to arrest him and have a restraining order put against him.

The charges were later dropped because he agreed to comply with the extension of the restraining order.

So even though his criminal record is clean, his aforementioned behavior is still abusive. If someone sent me hundreds of threatening and insulting emails and showed up somewhere I was in order to threaten me in person, I’m pretty sure I would feel tortured too.

Initial restraining orders (often ex parte) can be pretty easy to get, because the other party is t there for the first hearing and Courts are now reluctant to not grant the initial order.  Whether it is continued is different.

you are right that the standards for a criminal conviction and use in a custody case are different.  But whether it’s abusive to B isn’t the standard for custody, it’s best interests of the child.  And for me, admittedly not a B fan, I can’t help thinking he has a lot of abusive texts from her too.  

Fundamentally these 2 need to stop re-living their bad marriage and focus on their shared daughter.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

you are right that the standards for a criminal conviction and use in a custody case are different.  But whether it’s abusive to B isn’t the standard for custody, it’s best interests of the child.  

I wasn’t referring to standards of abuse used in custody cases; I meant that just because he wasn’t convicted, he still displayed abusive behavior toward another human being, which is disgusting, regardless of custody guidelines. The fact that it’s the mother of his child makes it even worse.

6 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

I can’t help thinking he has a lot of abusive texts from her too.  

Apparently, not enough for him to accuse her of harrassing messages. I would assume he wouldn’t have missed the chance of doing that. Or maybe her abusive texts were in response to his abusive texts, the details of which he didn’t want to highlight.

Edited by TheWorst
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, TheWorst said:

Apparently, not enough for him to accuse her of harrassing messages. I would assume he wouldn’t have missed the chance of doing that. Or maybe her abusive texts were in response to his abusive texts, the details of which he didn’t want to highlight.

I was just going to say - isn't right now, in the custody hearing, a great time to reveal how Bethenny has been dishing out the abusive texts as well

So far all we have is Bethenny's *response* to his message on how it was her fault Bryn didn't get into a private school. Wouldn't now be a good time to prove the point that she's not so innocent?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I was just going to say - isn't right now, in the custody hearing, a great time to reveal how Bethenny has been dishing out the abusive texts as well

So far all we have is Bethenny's *response* to his message on how it was her fault Bryn didn't get into a private school. Wouldn't now be a good time to prove the point that she's not so innocent?

Well, historically we have heard more of B’s side than Jason’s.  So there may be much more we haven’t heard.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Well, historically we have heard more of B’s side than Jason’s.  So there may be much more we haven’t heard.

But again, isn't now the time to say something? This is a custody hearing where Bethenny's argument is that Jason's abuse of her makes it impossible to consult him or work with him on decisions and her main evidence appears to be his abusive communication. If it's not *one sided*, if Bethenny is giving as good as she gets, then she's part of the problem. If Jason has evidence of that and isn't presenting it, how is that helping him?

• Love 5

No idea, I think we're musing here based on the coverage presented. I'm more asking a hypothetical, I suppose. Since Bethenny is arguing that Jason's harassment is part of the problem, if she really is equally at fault, how does it benefit him to say nothing?

I know Jason's silence is presented as "Jason is silent to protect Bryn from knowing her mother is awful" but Jason is also the guy who apparently tells Bryn stories about witches and then compares the witches to her mother so if true - and no one seems to be contradicting that this happened - Jason clearly isn't above badmouthing Bryn's mother to Bryn.

• Love 5