Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

"On the day after the dog died, “We went to church,” he testified of him and Bryn. “We lit candles. We [both] drew pictures,” of the dog, he said, under cross examination by Frankel’s lawyer, Allan Mayefsky.

“I loved Cookie,” he insisted.

Hoppy admitted, though, that he failed to tell Frankel that he would be speaking to Bryn about the dog’s death.

“I regret not including Bethenny in that conversation,” he said."

What a monster!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Since when did Frankel convert to Judaism? Was that after Dennis Shields died, to reinforce the idea that they were engaged?

She was raised Jewish.  Her father was Jewish and her mother converted before the marriage.  So not converted, maybe non-practicing.  The same way that Jason was a non-practicing Catholic.  Except that, as brought out during the hearing, Jason would sent taunting texts to B about Jewish holidays etc.  But it’s ok because he has many Jewish friends.

Remember they did not have a. Catholic or a Jewish ceremony when they married.  They said on the BEA show that they were going to wait until Brynn was 12 or so to introduce her to both faiths and let her decide.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wasn't she baptized on BEA? What was the whole deal about the godmother? I don't think you have to wait to talk about the dog dying with the child when Bryn was there to witness Bethenny freaking out about it. It's a natural discussion. frankly nice to light candles for the dog and draw pictures - that's helping to process her emotions. Not everything in life is sinister. The whole religion thing is weird. They should either pick one religion and run with it with both supporting it or just not have a religion. 

• Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Wasn't she baptized on BEA? What was the whole deal about the godmother? I don't think you have to wait to talk about the dog dying with the child when Bryn was there to witness Bethenny freaking out about it. It's a natural discussion. frankly nice to light candles for the dog and draw pictures - that's helping to process her emotions. Not everything in life is sinister. The whole religion thing is weird. They should either pick one religion and run with it with both supporting it or just not have a religion. 

I know a few families of mixed faiths and they make a point to educate their children about and celebrate both. 

I don't like the idea of Beth telling Bryn not to pray to God when she's in her house. It just seems spiteful.

Edited by SweetieDarling
department of redundancy department
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I know a few families of mixed faiths and they make a point to educate their children about and celebrate both. 

I don't like the idea of Beth telling Bryn not to pray to God when she's in her house. It just seems spiteful.

We are a mixed faith couple. Our kids are one faith. They know and celebrate holidays of both religions with each family and consider themselves of both cultures ("I am christian and jewish" is what they usually say) but religiously they are officially of one faith - they belong to only one religious institution and celebrate the official rites there. Am I making sense in explaining our situation? But they are fully aware of and comfortable with the celebrations, rituals and history of both faiths.

For Bryn to be told not to pray in her mother's home is not ok, and that is why I said "no religion" for THEM bc these two don't seem to be able to put her above their own spitefulness. I think most other people can make a variety of situations work with regard to mixing religious traditions.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, jinjer said:

For Bryn to be told not to pray in her mother's home is not ok, and that is why I said "no religion" for THEM bc these two don't seem to be able to put her above their own spitefulness. I think most other people can make a variety of situations work with regard to mixing religious traditions.

Remember that when asked why he kept Bryn’s Catholic classes a secret from Bethenny he responded that she knew because she wouldn’t let Bryn pray.  So you didn’t tell her she found out when her daughter prayed?  So I think there is a whole lot more to that story than Bryn being told she couldn’t pray.  This could be another instance of no compromise, his way or the highway.  So Bryn can take Catholic classses but not Jewish.  Who knows.

• Love 3

It sounds as if Jason has enrolled Bryn in CCD classes, which is the way that Catholic children who aren't in a Catholic school receive religious education about the faith. CCD also prepares children for the sacraments (so, receiving the Eucharist, going to Confession, eventually becoming Confirmed) that are a normal part of the inculcation process within Catholicism.  It doesn't look like Bryn was baptized in a Catholic church, but if she was baptized in a Christian church, she would be considered a baptized Christian by the Catholic church.

If she is going to CCD, then essentially she's "training" (for lack of a better term) to become Catholic. All of which is fine in theory but it is probably something the two of them should agree to. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It doesn't look like Bryn was baptized in a Catholic church, but if she was baptized in a Christian church, she would be considered a baptized Christian by the Catholic church.

Bryn was baptized Catholic at Bethenny's request (at least as seen on BEA) From the recap link @Happy Camper  posted: "Weirder yet, the experience convinced Bethenny that she wanted Bryn baptized Catholic --" 

bryn christening.jpg

ETA:  I left the church the day they baptized me (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) so I'm not an apologist for Catholicism (or the repulsive protection they gave to an army of pedophiles) but I think Bethenny forbidding Bryn Catholic prayer is fucked up.  Light the menorah. Bless the bread.  Let Bryn say whatever prayer she wants. (And there are Catholic figures larger than the religion itself - Mary is not controlled by any one dogma, imo - she's a symbol of strength, love, and - not for nothing - creating life outside the realm of men.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

At this rate they won't settle on a custody agreement until the poor kid is 18.

I do my best to forget Bethenny is a parent. Hoppy too. Team Brynn. 

I'm a lil bitter because B took one of my quotes and changed ONE word and posted it as her own. And recreated a selfie. And I'm NOBODY! LOL!

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, film noire said:

Bryn was baptized Catholic at Bethenny's request (at least as seen on BEA) From the recap link @Happy Camper  posted: "Weirder yet, the experience convinced Bethenny that she wanted Bryn baptized Catholic --" 

bryn christening.jpg

ETA:  I left the church the day they baptized me (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) so I'm not an apologist for Catholicism (or the repulsive protection they gave to an army of pedophiles) but I think Bethenny forbidding Bryn Catholic prayer is fucked up.  Light the menorah. Bless the bread.  Let Bryn say whatever prayer she wants. (And there are Catholic figures larger than the religion itself - Mary is not controlled by any one dogma, imo - she's a symbol of strength, love, and - not for nothing - creating life outside the realm of men.)

Okay, I didn't read that far in the link, I just saw that the ceremony initially described wasn't at a Catholic church.

I am a practicing Catholic (though I am also not an apologist for the clergy sexual abuse crisis. Worked on behalf of survivors, spoke out publicly against the hierarchy, been there, done that, continue to do that work).  And yes, I think that if Bryn is experiencing any kind of Catholic education in Jason's home, then Bethenny should not be sending signals that it is unwelcome in her home, even if she isn't encouraging prayer or religious practice. While it is certainly flawed that Catholicism is in crisis currently, there is still much to the faith tradition that is valuable. 

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I'm a lil bitter because B took one of my quotes and changed ONE word and posted it as her own. And recreated a selfie. 

WHAT? SPILL THE TEA, MADAM!

5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Worked on behalf of survivors, spoke out publicly against the hierarchy, been there, done that, continue to do that work).  

You and I don't often agree,  Eleanor of Aquitaine (does that make me Henry? :) but only enthusiastic applause coming your way for helping survivors. 

10 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I think there is a whole lot more to that story than Bryn being told she couldn’t pray.  

I think the court-sworn testimony can be trusted, especially since Hoppy delivered it while being grilled by Frankel's lawyer (if there was "a whole lot more to that story", Frankel's  lawyer would've brought it up in court). 

I think it's confusing and stressful to say to a child praying (or saying anything but obscenities/hate speech, imo)  "Don't say that in my home".  Why would you make your kid feel bad for praying in the religion *you yourself* had her baptized in?  (And if you regret that choice, don't take your regret out on the kid.)  Between refusing to let Bryn pray, slapping Bryn's face all over Instagram, and turning Shield's into Bryn's daddy, Frankel's obsession with Jason Hoppy is driving Frankel to disappear him as Bryn's father, erase his family traditions from Bryn's life, and (at least seems) to be driving every decision she makes about her daughter - decisions that end up hurting Bryn far more than they do Jason Hoppy.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She was raised Jewish.  Her father was Jewish and her mother converted before the marriage.  So not converted, maybe non-practicing.  The same way that Jason was a non-practicing Catholic.  Except that, as brought out during the hearing, Jason would sent taunting texts to B about Jewish holidays etc.  But it’s ok because he has many Jewish friends.

Remember they did not have a. Catholic or a Jewish ceremony when they married.  They said on the BEA show that they were going to wait until Brynn was 12 or so to introduce her to both faiths and let her decide.  

To my knowledge, Jason was always a practicing Catholic.  IIRC, when he was on BEA, he went to church every day and even Beth had mentioned he went to St. Anthony's every Sunday for Mass while she had girls' time (she and Bryn)  on Sunday morning. 

Bryn was baptized.  We'll see if she has a bat mitzvah.

On another note, don't Jewish people pray?  The Jews I have known, do.  So what is Beth's problem?

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

On another note, don't Jewish people pray?  The Jews I have known, do.  So what is Beth's problem?

Hoppy said that Bryn said that Bethenny said don’t pray.  Sounds like facts to me.  I’m being sarcastic.  Jews do pray.  I’m guessing that Bethenny was surprised that Bryn was doing the Wednesday night CCD classes and said wha? or something.  Hoppy said it was a mistake not to tell Bethenny and he was sorry.  He said it was wrong to just tell Bryn that Cookie died without talking to Bethenny and he was sorry.  He said that the constant text message during Hanukkah taunting Jewish holidays was wrong and that he had a lot of Jewish friends.  He’s a peach.

I’m just saying we only have Hoppy’s interpretation of the information he grilled out of an 8 year old as gospel.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

said it was wrong to just tell Bryn that Cookie died without talking to Bethenny and he was sorry.  

Brynn was with Bethenny when Cookie died. He said he was wrong to have a convo about death.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Brynn was with Bethenny when Cookie died. He said he was wrong to have a convo about death.

I knew that she was with Bethenny when Cookie was in seizure for hours but I thought she must have gone back with Hoppy later that week when Cookie actually died.  Wow, so Hoppy lied about that too.  Wow, just wow.  What a thing to lie about under oath.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I knew that she was with Bethenny when Cookie was in seizure for hours but I thought she must have gone back with Hoppy later that week when Cookie actually died.  Wow, so Hoppy lied about that too.  Wow, just wow.  What a thing to lie about under oath.  

He didn’t lie. The Post piece is edited quotes he simply says he should have included Bethenny in the conversation about how they went to church and lit candles and drew pictures with her and talked about death. We also don’t know what she knew about the classes it just said he concluded that portion of the questioning by saying she told Brynn not to pray.

Bethenny didn’t included Jason in discussions a out how to tell Brynn that Dennis died which I think is a lot worse.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 17
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Bethenny didn’t included Jason in discussions a out how to tell Brynn that Dennis died which I think is a lot worse.

Bryn was with Jason in PA when Dennis died. Bethenny testified that Jason wanted to tell her without Bethenny involved. 

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I knew that her dad was Jewish and that Bernadette converted. But because Frankel always seems so enthusiastic about Christmas (throwing Christmas parties, buying elf pajamas and oversized nutcrackers) and rarely mentions Hanukkah, I didn’t think she thought of herself as Jewish.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I didn’t think she thought of herself as Jewish.

She doesn't - or at least didn't - on BEA, she told the priest she "was nothing" when it came to a cultural/religious identity.

19 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She was raised Jewish.  

Hmm.

Did they call him Solly Claus?

betheny xmas kid.jpg

xmas bethenny.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

She doesn't - or at least didn't - on BEA, she told the priest she "was nothing" when it came to a cultural/religious identity.

Hmm.

betheny xmas kid.jpg

xmas bethenny.jpg

Those wolves had mad wrapping skills.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

What a rotten childhood poor Bethenny must have had. Can't imagine haven't to deal with all of those presents, birthday parties, private schools, fancy cars and attending Boston University. Her parents should have been locked up. Just kidding. And I know material things are not always indicative of a happy childhood but according to Bethenny her childhood was torturous and caused her no end of trauma. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Good thing the den had enough room for a Christmas Tree.

LOL

15 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Is Bethenny an only child?

Yes, but she has a step-sibling (John Parisella had a daughter, Gabrielle, by another woman).

That's the young woman who wanted to invite Frankel to her wedding, and Frankel and Parisella ended up in a (mutually) ugly text exchange (link posted here, iirc- ?) in which Frankel accused Parisella of stalking her, and of beating her when she was a teen, and Parisella said he never attacked her, and he should take her to civil court to stop her lying once and for all, and he accused her of lying about other parts of her childhood, too:

“I get these texts, making up lies that I hit her, I’m stalking her,” John tells Life & Style. “It was just the ugliest text I’ve ever seen in my life.”  He adds that she hasn’t been honest about other parts of her upbringing as well. “Her whole career was based on lies,” he says. “She lived in a million-dollar house, she went to all private schools. I was the one that spent $50,000 on a Sweet 16 party.”

https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/bethenny-frankel-stepdad-abuse-141560/

To me, Frankel erasing her privileged childhood and adopting a had-to-fight-for-it-all persona seems like a very calculated move  - and on the one hand, it was a very savvy step - she was canny enough to know the RHoNY audience didn't want to hear she came from European spring break skiing vacations, 50K sweet sixteen parties,  parent-funded college degrees, and a first wedding for 150 at the Four Seasons in L. A.  - she was the struggling, unmonied upstart, footing Luann's outings, being thrown a social lifeline by Jill, a scrappy fighter looking for a way in the door  - not a woman who had grown up surrounded by wealth and privilege herself (and benefitted from the same). 

And as  @65mickey said, having a wealthy upbringing doesn't mean you're rich in love/emotional security, but when you cover up your own history so diligently, then it makes you (at least to me) a completely unreliable narrator about everything else.  All Frankel had to say was "I had everything but parents, and all I wanted was a mother and father who gave me love and security, not expensive gifts." But then, the truth wouldn't allow her to paint herself as a Poor Little SkinnyMatchgirl, just hoping life would finally throw her a financial break, after the mumble mumble hardscrabble road she'd been on. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21

It's interesting that she accused her step dad of stalking her and abusing her and she accused Jason of stalking her and "torturing her" when no one else was there to see. This was from her court testimony.  Does she not see that she is her mother and that Bryn will one day turn on her? She has said that her mother brought numerous men into her life and there was no stability. Well Bethenny what about your numerous boyfriends, and  your emotional meltdowns? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 14
(edited)
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

It's interesting that she accused her step dad of stalking her and abusing her and she accused Jason of stalking her and "torturing her" when no one else was there to see. This was from her court testimony.  Does she not see that she is her mother and that Bryn will one day turn on her? She has said that her mother brought numerous men into her life and there was no stability. Well Bethenny what about your numerous boyfriends, and  your emotional meltdowns? 

If a mentally stable person found herself feuding with other people in similar ways again and again, at some point she would ask herself what the common denominator was. But this is Frankel.

I think that Frankel’s frequent, hysterical meltdowns and revolving door of disposable lovers/Pop-Up dads for Bryn are affecting Bryn exactly the way Bernadette’s drinking, bulimia, and numerous men affected Frankel. Someone needs to break this cycle.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

I totally agree. All the Paul and Bryn stories on insta just seem off. It's like is this Bryn's new father of the week? Bethenny is really showing off Paul on instagram stories. The flowers, the I'm such a lucky girl captions, the hearts.... you would think if this one is just sooo special, she would keep a bit more special and private. She's becoming SO obnoxious. I guess some would say she has always been obnoxious, but Bethenny wasn't one that used to openly "brag" or "boast" and used to try to downplay how materialistic she was - at least acted more like she was so above caring about such things, even though it was obvious she did. Now she doesn't hide a thing and if she were a "friend", is someone I would hide or mute on social media just for being so shameless and obnoxious bragging all the time. 

Edited by divsc
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/22/2019 at 8:01 AM, QuinnM said:

Considering Bethenny’s idea of taunting, it probably said something like “Happy Hanukkah!”

On 6/22/2019 at 10:43 AM, SweetieDarling said:

So awful to do that.  Spiteful is her middle name.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:53 PM, FairyDusted said:

I'm a lil bitter because B took one of my quotes and changed ONE word and posted it as her own. And recreated a selfie. And I'm NOBODY! LOL!

What??  Please tell us what happened!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, divsc said:

I totally agree. All the Paul and Bryn stories on insta just seem off. It's like is this Bryn's new father of the week? Bethenny is really showing off Paul on instagram stories. The flowers, the I'm such a luck girl captions, the hearts.... you would think if this one is just sooo special, she would keep a bit more special and private. She's becoming SO obnoxious. I guess some would say she has always been obnoxious, but Bethenny wasn't one that used to openly "brag" or "boast" and used to try to downplay how materialistic she was - at least acted more like she was so above caring about such things, even though it was obvious she did. Now she doesn't hide a thing and if she were a "friend", is someone I would hide or mute on social media just for being so shameless and obnoxious bragging all the time. 

I'd hardly consider Bethenny's reaction to flowers "materialistic."    If anyone is materialistic when it comes to gifts from a boyfriend, it would be Tinsley. 

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Considering Bethenny’s idea of taunting, it probably said something like “Happy Hanukkah!”

It was pretty bad.  They played it in court.  He was doing during her FaceTime call with Bryn.  Cuz he’s a real asshole.

• Love 2
On 6/23/2019 at 9:47 AM, 65mickey said:

What a rotten childhood poor Bethenny must have had. Can't imagine haven't to deal with all of those presents, birthday parties, private schools, fancy cars and attending Boston University. Her parents should have been locked up. Just kidding. And I know material things are not always indicative of a happy childhood but according to Bethenny her childhood was torturous and caused her no end of trauma. 

Hmm that’s weird because I remember Beth telling Jill she didn’t have parents. Jill thought she was an orphan for a long time. 

13 hours ago, QuinnM said:

It was pretty bad.  They played it in court.  He was doing during her FaceTime call with Bryn.  Cuz he’s a real asshole.

Wait. What? He was doing what during FT that got played in court ? 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, divsc said:

All the Paul and Bryn stories on insta just seem off.

She isn't showing Bryn's face anymore. She must have been warned. 

She also is not showing Paul's face. The last few times that she showed his face on Instastories he walked away and closed a door, and pulled up his hood and turned his back to her.

My guess is he's embarrassed by her stupid instastories. Now she can go back to yelling at her dogs and showing them licking each other for hours on end.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

From the link posted up thread - back in 2016,  one of the things Hoppy texted was this: "In another text, he said, “apparently you’re now Jewish,” with a laughing emoji."

That seems the most overtly harsh text to me - he was mocking her claim to suddenly being a practicing Jew - it was disrespectful, perhaps (and absolutely unnecessary) but in the context of Frankel's history - including the lies she's told to gain advantage - the comment doesn't seem proof of horrific ugliness, and/or anti-semitism to me. 

Frankel spent her whole childhood (and marriage to Jason Hoppy) celebrating Christmas and Easter, and baptized  her own child as a Roman Catholic (which means  Frankel promised to raise her child in the "one true faith"). That's the woman Hoppy knew. A woman who embraced and celebrated only Christian holidays.

And - three years later, when this testimony was given - turns out, Frankel is still publicly celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. (What next? St. Swithin's Day?)

He decided not to point out Frankel's hypocrisy, and apologized instead (not just for this text, but for everything he was confronted with in court) so whatever Hoppy's issues, his behavior in this trial has been pretty sane, imo.  He owned his shit & apologized, whereas Frankel screamed in court, demanded the Judge censure Hoppy for "glaring at her" (the Judge said he saw no such thing) and never apologized for her own vicious behavior  (calling Hoppy "white trash" in front of Bryn, throwing water on Hoppy when he was sleeping - guys, he wasn't even at a concert! - and sending nasty emails herself.) 

In this battle between these two people, and their history of emotional instability, it always confuses me that  Frankel can scream at an innocent boy,  slap a lawsuit on an innocent boat captain,  try to get an innocent Uber driver fired,  justify pimping out an innocent animal on social media  because it "pays the rent", expose her innocent daughter to one new Daddy after another - from a drug addict driving Bryn around to a credibly accused rapist Bryn saw naked in her mother's house  - the house  Bryn is not allowed to pray in - but only Jason has apparently exhibited deeply troubling behavior.

Here's hoping the judge has the wisdom to leave shared custody in place.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 22

I am no Jason Hoppy fan and sometimes I think that the defense of him is over-the-top. But I think that the description of those texts as "mocking" is an overreach. 

They do sound snarky but no more snarky than Bethenny herself and there is nothing in them that mocks Judaism. 

All of that being said, given how contentious their relationship is, they'd both be smart to be very careful and straightforward when the subject of religion comes up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 6/23/2019 at 4:27 AM, film noire said:

Hmm.

betheny xmas kid.jpg

xmas bethenny.jpg

WOW.  Bryn doesn't look like Bethenny at all.  Now the dark hair dye on Bryn (see last week's instagram post of Bryn with burgundy hair) makes sense.  Eww.  No summer sun kissed blonde allowed.  Too much like her father which is sad 😞

• Love 8

Hey y’all!!!  It’s not CCD anymore.  So can we please at least be socially correct with our lingo.  FAITH FORMATION.  Say it with me now.

why if Bethenny is Jewish does she need a ginormous nutcracker?   

Late to this party!  Happy 180 to Christmas!!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 6/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, smores said:

It never ceases to amaze me how anything Jason says or does is altruistic.  So while I'm sure it will be explained away:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bethenny-frankels-ex-jason-hoppy-mocks-her-jewish-faith-during-custody-trial

I inferred that he was mocking the fact Bethenny claimed to be celebrating or acknowledging a holiday in some way, not the faith/religion itself. As for the comments that she's bitter and miserable and creates moments for social media, I'd say that was spot on. The truth hurts, I guess. Her entire media presence - social and otherwise - is a series of staged moments.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that if Bethenny weren't a celebrity, privileged and white, her contentious snorts, smirks and eye-rolling wouldn't be tolerated. She has zero ability to regulate her emotions. That in and of itself is a reason for her not to have sole custody.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
13 minutes ago, langford peel said:

So how does Male Strippers and drug addled tirades on television affect a custody hearing?

Don't forget the pinata filled with sex toys.

Edited by SweetieDarling
yes, I know, they're all consenting adults
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2019 at 12:29 AM, geauxaway said:

Hey y’all!!!  It’s not CCD anymore.  So can we please at least be socially correct with our lingo.  FAITH FORMATION.  Say it with me now.

This made me laugh out loud I still have not memorized "con-substantial with the Father" in the creed! What was wrong with one in being with?

and yes why does Bethenny need a nutcracker if she is Jewish?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Make up your own jokes, people. 

No, seriously, I kind of get it, as the child of a mixed Jewish/Catholic marriage (although my father converted and we were raised Jewish).  You want whichever tradition happens to be more convenient or appealing at the moment, although that usually stops being the case when you . . . you know, grow up.  Not that there's any law saying you have to pick a lane and stay in it, but normally you quit pretending to be all one thing or all the other when it suits you.  But we have to remember who we're talking about here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

1. She is nuts and is starting to crack and thought she’d need some assistance.

2. She had to have a piñata with sex toys because that’s an important tradition of both faiths 😜

3. Passive-Agressive dig at Dorinda. 

4. Options for Jewish or Hanukkah 🕎 piñatas are limited (maybe a dreidel or Hanukkah Harry - old SNL reference).

My husband is Jewish and I am Catholic and our Christmas Tree topper is a Star of David. I decorate for both holidays. I put something Jewish (funny) in his stocking every year. Examples, Star of David pasta, book - Hiakus for Jews, and a Moses Action figure whose superhero abilities included parting the Red Sea and he had a detachable staff and Ten Commandments tablet. I hope I didn’t offend anybody with this.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Except it was CCD when we *had* to go thru it. And I never could keep it in my wee brain what the CCD stood for. Lots of kids (parents too?) probably couldn't remember. That may help explain why the change to faith formation. Argh---terrible name!

I suspect B's birth family celebrated both Hannuka (sp) & xmas cuz her parents were mixed faith & that = more presents. I don't think B's parents were persons *of* faith, however.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rhys said:

Except it was CCD when we *had* to go thru it. And I never could keep it in my wee brain what the CCD stood for. Lots of kids (parents too?) probably couldn't remember. That may help explain why the change to faith formation. Argh---terrible name!

I suspect B's birth family celebrated both Hannuka (sp) & xmas cuz her parents were mixed faith & that = more presents. I don't think B's parents were persons *of* faith, however.

Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. They call it all kinds of things now. Last year when my granddaughter went it was called Launch as in launching to Jesus. Me, I missed it as I attended Catholic schools for 12 years. We got a dose of religion every day. 

• Love 2

Hmmm. Seems odd. I would have have thought Catholic would have been in there somewhere. Ha! I just remember it was a thing to ditch. I went to parochial school to all but one grade so CCD for that one & that's the year my sibling & I ditched.

• Love 1