Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

I am not sure how Bethenny is to be judged for anything having to do with any of this. 

I believe the gist is "Bethenny dated a rapist and allows her daughter around a rapist" and the since this fellow actually was never charged with rape, the term "credibly accused rapist" is used to continue to insist that Bethenny was wrong to date this man briefly and endangered her daughter. To use your example, how would you feel if your son, based on what is known about this case, was being called a credibly accused rapist because he briefly dated a celebrity that a lot of people don't like?

Because thats why this keeps coming up. Michael Cerussi dated Bethenny Frankel for maybe a few months several years ago so because he was accused of rape civilly and not legally in the early 2000s  - and ultimately cleared his name - and was never charged or put on trial for rape - he's forever a "credibly accused rapist" who shouldn't be allowed around children. 

As for the myth of the perfect rape victim - all I know is that in this case, the alleged victim didn't go to the police or provide evidence. How am I supposed to fairly decide someone else is guilty and should be labeled and punished for the rest of their life if the alleged victim isn't even willing to press charges? 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I believe the gist is "Bethenny dated a rapist and allows her daughter around a rapist" and the since this fellow actually was never charged with rape, the term "credibly accused rapist" is used to continue to insist that Bethenny was wrong to date this man briefly and endangered her daughter. To use your example, how would you feel if your son, based on what is known about this case, was being called a credibly accused rapist because he briefly dated a celebrity that a lot of people don't like?

Yes, thank you....this is definitely the gist.  I have never understood it, but I realize I could be missing something.  Now, if Bethenny believed him to be a rapist and still put her child in situations where she would be in his company, then shame on Bethenny. 

For example, Jason has been credibly accused and found guilty of stalking and harassing Bethenny, the mother of his child. Were any woman to go near him, let alone get into a relationship with him and procreate at this point, I would think her incredibly irresponsible and a nutter. He didn't do what he was accused of at the age of 19 (not that there is any justification no matter the age). He did it in his 40's and there is little reason to think he will suddenly change. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

Yes, thank you....this is definitely the gist.  I have never understood it, but I realize I could be missing something.  Now, if Bethenny believed him to be a rapist and still put her child in situations where she would be in his company, then shame on Bethenny. 

For example, Jason has been credibly accused and found guilty of stalking and harassing Bethenny, the mother of his child. Were any woman to go near him, let alone get into a relationship with him and procreate at this point, I would think her incredibly irresponsible and a nutter. He didn't do what he was accused of at the age of 19 (not that there is any justification no matter the age). He did it in his 40's and there is little reason to think he will suddenly change. 

I think that the real gist is that Jason Hoppy is "justified" in throwing any and all accusations towards Bethenny Frankel because Hoppy is just a long-suffering martyr to Bethenny's narcissism.

I think Bethenny is an extremely flawed individual - she can be controlling and exhausting, she's clearly dealing with anxiety issues, etc. But the level at which some ignore Hoppy's own narcissistic and toxic behavior when it comes to his daughter is sometimes hard for me to understand. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think that the real gist is that Jason Hoppy is "justified" in throwing any and all accusations towards Bethenny Frankel because Hoppy is just a long-suffering martyr to Bethenny's narcissism.

I think Bethenny is an extremely flawed individual - she can be controlling and exhausting, she's clearly dealing with anxiety issues, etc. But the level at which some ignore Hoppy's own narcissistic and toxic behavior when it comes to his daughter is sometimes hard for me to understand. 

Co-sign every single word of it. 

• Love 4
On 4/23/2019 at 10:07 AM, gundysgirl said:

We know that the young woman involved told her roommate when she got home that night that she had just had sex with two men. (snip for space)

To be clear, that's what his lawsuit alleges, not an agreed-upon set of facts between the parties being sued in the lawsuit (and that aside,  it's not uncommon for rape victims to normalize the attack, either for days or decades.)

And to bring this back to Bethenny Frankel (which was my initial point) that man's history would be more than enough to keep me from dating him (never mind moving in together) but if Frankel somehow just had to date American Psycho - not another man to be found anywhere in the world! -- she should have left her five year old daughter well outside the circle of her lovelife, imo.   

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Michael Cerussi dated Bethenny Frankel for maybe a few months several years ago so because he was accused of rape civilly and not legally in the early 2000s  

According to court testimony, they lived together (for how long is not mentioned).

and ultimately cleared his name 

He did not clear his name -- the college never said "Oh, you didn't rape her", they lifted the expulsion in the face of a two year lawsuit (after upholding the expulsion three times). 

the alleged victim didn't go to the police or provide evidence. 

Frankel, when choosing the man she's going to date,  can make a decision about his morality based on things that have nothing to do with a legal verdict. Winnowing the dating pool doesn't require a police report or a legal verdict.

Edited by film noire
to clarify which comment i was responding to
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This. For all we're all "Dennis was a dope fiend, how could Bethenny not know" - the reality is that the accidental overdose of a loved one is how family and friends discover that there was a problem. Dennis clearly kept his drug problem a secret. 

The accidental overdose of a loved one is many times expected by friends and family. Many people are very aware and just waiting for that phone call. There is no way to know if his problem was a secret.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think Hoppy is a martyr - he's behaved like a dick and an asshole far too often - I just think Bryn's father has a right to be disturbed his daughter was around Cerussi (and if Hoppy had done the same, I'd think he was an asshole as well.)  In a divorce - when the kid is already reeling from instability - why not just keep your child out of your lovelife? 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, film noire said:

I don't think Hoppy is a martyr - he's behaved like dick and an asshole far too often - I just think Bryn's father has a right to be disturbed his daughter was around Cerussi (and if Hoppy had done the same, I'd think he was an asshole as well.)  In a divorce - when the kid is already reeling from instability - why not just keep your child out of your lovelife? 

In Beth's case, I would call it lustlife. 

It's terrible the way Beth drags Bryn into her unhealthy relationships. Then afterwards, poor Bryn is left with nothing but what must be confusion. 

This is exactly what Jason is trying to damage control.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Then afterwards, poor Bryn is left with nothing but what must be confusion. 

I agree  -- hopefully this Paul guy is better than the previous dating pool (hard to do worse - Cerussi aside, Shields making money off the trauma of rape victims is disgusting).

• Love 4
On 4/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Rap541 said:

her pursuit of custody involves decisions for Bryn, not denying Jason any custody time and no one including Jason has ever said Bethenny denies him access to his daughter. 

Hoppy said in court Frankel often interferes with him talking to Bryn when she is not with him:

“When I would request to talk to Bryn, 90 percent of the time I couldn’t talk to her,” he said. “10 percent I wasn’t sure if Bryn was on the other line. Or Bryn would be distracted when I was talking to her, or Bethenny would be in the picture with whoever she was with. This has been going on for years,” Hoppy adds.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/03/bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-custody-trial-exposes-shocking-messages-rhony/

I would imagine that's part of what's causing him concern - if she's blocking him from Bryn when he legally has joint custody, what will she do when his legal rights are vastly diminished? (Sidebar: why are Frankel's boyfriends standing in the picture during his Skype call with Bryn? They have nothing to do with a father-daughter phonecall.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

I think with Bethenny's dating life, she can date whomever she wishes; however, in court she admitted that bringing a BF around her daughter violated their custody agreement. Whether it was too soon or whatever, it was a violation of the terms of the agreement. Any parent would be concerned about the character of the person their ex is dating and bringing around their child. Bethenny doesn't have the best track record. Kids don't need your randos who don't last coming in and out of their lives. Bring them home when Bryn is with their dad. Same for Jason. If you have a custody agreement about introducing BF to your kid, you should abide by it. https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/03/bethenny-frankel-grilled-sex-life-court/

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

So, to be clear, bethenny hasn't been refusing to take Bryn to her appointed custody times with her father, aka interfering with custody time, and Bryn does get to talk to her dad on the phone, but if that's not happening in a room where Bryn has no distractions and is sound proof, Jason is complaining?

I can see why it hasn't been deemed actionable. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

so to be clear,  bethenny hasn't been refusing to take Bryn to her appointed custody times with her father, 

Sorry, not sure which comment of mine you're addressing  - I was responding to this comment of yours:

and no one including Jason has ever said Bethenny denies him access to his daughter. 

Because Hoppy did testify about being denied access , most of the time he is away from Bryn (“When I would request to talk to Bryn, 90 percent of the time I couldn’t talk to her.") 

I have no idea if Frankel curtailed his access elsewhere in a similar way.  He did testify that Bethenny turned up during his park visit with Bryn - with Dennis - without asking Jason if Dennis could come.  Not sure if that's covered in their custody agreement (they have rules about significant others and Bryn) but I think the better choice would have been to let Bryn hang out alone with her father, during his custodial time, instead of intruding on their visit with a boyfriend.

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

The phone thing must be an issue between the two of them because when Carole was acting as Bethenny’s mouthpiece and was bringing up her issues with custody not being able to talk to her when she wanted to or alone was one of the things mentioned. They both suck. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, film noire said:

Because Hoppy did testify about being denied access , most of the time he is away from Bryn (“When I would request to talk to Bryn, 90 percent of the time I couldn’t talk to her.")

Right - when has Jason complained that Bethenny has denied him any custodial time? She doesn't refuse to drop the kid off, the phone call issue appears to be mutual and has Jason filed any formal complaints that he has been denied access to his child during times that he is supposed to have access?

I don't think so, based on all the commenting that *Bethenny* is the one filing for more custody and Jason is perfectly content with the shared custody where he insists Bryn is thriving. If it wasn't important enough for him to initiate his own custody request, then it obviously wasn't that big a deal. 

• Love 5

I have always been fairly anti-Jason, so I want to be upfront about that.  I also think that him saying he is denied 90% of the calls is likely either an exaggeration or twisting something.  I distinctly remember there being issues in the past with Bethenny trying to reach Brynn (and evidently they are supposed to have x amount of calls with her per day while she is with the other parent), and Jason either not picking up, refusing to allow her to see Brynn, or turning the camera away from Brynn so she could hear her but not see her while talking. 

Given the facts that we have been learning about Jason recently, I think it's likely that he's either cherry picking the 90% or perhaps he's calling at times when he knows she's not around, or things wouldn't work, etc.  And by this I mean, maybe Brynn is out in the pool playing and he calls and he is either not answered or is told she'll call him when she's in an hour later, rather than taking the phone out to the pool.  To me, that's a reasonable answer.  Or, perhaps Brynn's bedtime is 8:30 and he waits until 8:35 to call.  Well, that's too late, but she can call when she wakes up.  Now, if he was traveling and his plane just landed? That would be one thing, but did he just wait until then for no particular reason? Things like that.  

And, to be clear, I would say all of this about Bethenny.  If she is doing any of the same, then she is also wrong.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, smores said:

maybe Brynn is out in the pool playing and he calls and he is either not answered or is told she'll call him when she's in an hour later, rather than taking the phone out to the pool.  To me, that's a reasonable answer.  Or, perhaps Brynn's bedtime is 8:30 and he waits until 8:35 to call.  Well, that's too late, but she can call when she wakes up. 

I get that's how you feel, but none of that is in the court records - what is in the court records is that Jason testified he could not reach Bryn 90 percent of the time, and when he did reach Bryn, Frankel & her boyfriend du jour were often visible in the Skype call -- if Jason stood in camera range with his current girlfriend watching Bethenny talk to Bryn,  I would consider it a clear intrusion into Bethenny's time with her daughter -- why not apply the same standard to Hoppy? Is Bethenny really so far above everything that she does not have to live by the demands she would make of her ex? 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, film noire said:

He did not clear his name -- the college never said "Oh, you didn't rape her", they lifted the expulsion in the face of a two year lawsuit (after upholding the expulsion three times). 

Wanted to echo this. His lawsuit was about whether the college followed their policies and procedures when investigating and arbitrating the situation. They did not follow all of their P&Ps so the explusion was invalid on procedural grounds. Had this been a criminal trial, Cerussi won the equivalent of an appeal to have his initial case retried. That's it. He wasn't cleared or exonerated.

What's up with Bethenny falling deeply in love every 2 or 3 months? It's like she's perpetually the Bachelorette. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 4/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, film noire said:

Question for the lawyers here:  The case Cerussi filed was dismissed (with the approval of all parties) and it was dismissed with prejudice. I know that means it can never be refiled, but a poster (on another site) described it as often a sign you don't have a case, or are seen to be abusing the court system -- is that a fair assessment? 

The bolded part above is the important phrase. All cases have to be either dismissed or ruled on, and any case that settles asks for a dismissal order, generally when all parties agree to a settlement the case is then dismissed with prejudice (or without, depending on the settlement and what the parties are requesting). It is no indication at all of what the value of the case is. If it were dismissed with prejudice by the Court after a hearing where one side asked for the case to be dismissed and the other side argued against it THAT would be cause to think there was no case, but an agreed motion/order for dismissal based on a settlement simply means the case settled, and they dismissed with prejudice so no one can go back on the settlement later. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, jinjer said:

I think with Bethenny's dating life, she can date whomever she wishes; however, in court she admitted that bringing a BF around her daughter violated their custody agreement. Whether it was too soon or whatever, it was a violation of the terms of the agreement. Any parent would be concerned about the character of the person their ex is dating and bringing around their child. Bethenny doesn't have the best track record. Kids don't need your randos who don't last coming in and out of their lives. Bring them home when Bryn is with their dad. Same for Jason. If you have a custody agreement about introducing BF to your kid, you should abide by it. https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/03/bethenny-frankel-grilled-sex-life-court/

Answering a question that “yeah, technically” she violated the order (probably said with a “tone”) is NOT a good thing.  Jeez woman, you both felt strongly enough about the clause to include it, it’s not brain surgery to follow it.  And admitting to ignoring one part of the agreement could impact a Court’s decision as to whether you will abide by other parts of an agreement.

i can’t imagine that Jason has evidence to back up  that  “90%” of the time he can’t get Brynn on the phone, and that kind of exaggeration is also not helpful for a Court.  But if he can back it up, also damaging to B.  And if he has evidence that B routinely was in the background of the calls, especially if boyfriend de-jour is also there, is also damaging to her.   Of course, she exaggerates too, so it might be a wash.

I don’t personally like the “isn’t is great you have a daddy who loves you” kind of statement, but can’t see that impacting a change of custody.  Multiple statements from Daddy that “Mommy doesn’t love you”, now that could have an impact.  

All this is more evidence that neither is thinking about their daughter over their own need to “win.”

And note to whoever was saying Jason was convicted of stalking.  No, he entered into a plea deal with no conviction, IIRC.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lisin said:

The bolded part above is the important phrase. All cases have to be either dismissed or ruled on, and any case that settles asks for a dismissal order, generally when all parties agree to a settlement the case is then dismissed with prejudice (or without, depending on the settlement and what the parties are requesting). It is no indication at all of what the value of the case is. If it were dismissed with prejudice by the Court after a hearing where one side asked for the case to be dismissed and the other side argued against it THAT would be cause to think there was no case, but an agreed motion/order for dismissal based on a settlement simply means the case settled, and they dismissed with prejudice so no one can go back on the settlement later. 

Thanks for the info, Lisin! 

• Love 2
On 4/23/2019 at 8:09 AM, Rap541 said:

Then point the way, if you like (not demanding receipts). Every article I have found attached to this discussion never lists the name of the alleged victim. I'm willing to change my mind. 

I have no dog in this fight. I am not following this story, I don't know anything about it really. In fact, every time I see the name Michael Cerussi, I think to myself, "Is that The Game of Thrones everyone keeps talking about?"

But that, what you said right there, is everything. 

Rap541, you are one of my forum heroes 🙂

• Love 4
On 4/25/2019 at 1:22 PM, Jel said:

I am not following this story, I don't know anything about it really. 

Briefly: Cerussi was accused of raping a coed (with a frat buddy). The young woman reported the rape to the hospital the next day, was examined by a nurse, but did not do a rape kit/etc.  She then reported the rape to the (associate) Deans, who investigated, and expelled Cerussi and the frat buddy. Cerussi appealed. The expulsion was upheld twice. Cerussi then sued the college and the coed. (Hunter Hunted posted all the legal details earlier in the thread). After two years, the lawsuit was dismissed with the agreement of Cerussi, the coed and the college with the expulsion lifted when the case was dismissed. The frat buddy (not a party to the lawsuit) remained expelled.

When the story hit the media, Frankel decided to keep dating Cerussi, and moved in with him months later (per the mediator testifying they were "residing together") which is when Bryn saw him coming out of the shower.  Bryn being around Cerussi in her mother's home is how the rape allegations ended up being discussed in court, alongside Dennis driving Bryn while under the influence of opiods, and Frankel breaking the custody agreement re: Paul Bernon (not introducing Bryn to new romantic partners right away). 

eta: Jezebel's wrap-up at the time:

"The lawsuit in question was filed in 2001. Cerussi claimed he was expelled after Kathleen Schurick and Patricia G. Williams, Associate Deans of Students at UC, filed a report and led disciplinary hearings that ultimately led to him being found guilty of rape, though not in an official court of law, as no charges were ever filed with the police. In the suit filed, Cerussi alleged "that because he is male, Schurick and Williams discriminated against him and pre-determined his guilt...." He sued his accuser for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress and asked to be allowed back at Union College.

Cerussi alleged that the woman had sex with both him and his fraternity brother Frederik Bailey in November 2000 and that it was consensual. He said that the woman only called it rape and reported it to the school as such after she found out that others knew about her activities (the implication here seems to be that she was embarrassed). Cerussi and Bailey were suspended and subsequently expelled in December. A follow-up disciplinary hearing came later, though the expulsion was upheld. That's when Cerussi filed his suit.

Though the case made it to the New York State District Court far enough to be denied a transfer from Northern District Court (Cerussi wanted the case tried in Westchester), it seems like that's where it stopped. Reportersat the Daily Mail (and Radar Online), probably the people Cerussi was worried about by going to TMZ, found that the case was dismissed "with prejudice" in January 2003 "after numerous legal issues." Cerussi apparently completed his studies at the University of Connecticut."

https://jezebel.com/bethenny-frankels-new-boyfriend-is-no-rapist-no-siree-1494016161

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 4/23/2019 at 5:30 PM, film noire said:

Hoppy said in court Frankel often interferes with him talking to Bryn when she is not with him:

“When I would request to talk to Bryn, 90 percent of the time I couldn’t talk to her,” he said. “10 percent I wasn’t sure if Bryn was on the other line. Or Bryn would be distracted when I was talking to her, or Bethenny would be in the picture with whoever she was with. This has been going on for years,” Hoppy adds.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/03/bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-custody-trial-exposes-shocking-messages-rhony/

I would imagine that's part of what's causing him concern - if she's blocking him from Bryn when he legally has joint custody, what will she do when his legal rights are vastly diminished? (Sidebar: why are Frankel's boyfriends standing in the picture during his Skype call with Bryn? They have nothing to do with a father-daughter phonecall.)

Bethenney has also accused Jason of either not answering the phone when she would call while Bryn was in his custody and of turning the phone to the wall when Beth skyped Bryn. They are both petty jerks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

Bethenney has also accused Jason of either not answering the phone when she would call while Bryn was in his custody and of turning the phone to the wall when Beth skyped Bryn. They are both petty jerks.

Absolutely. My comment wasn't a defense of Hoppy never playing games - it was just addressing the idea that Jason never claimed Bethenny denied him access to Bryn, when he actually testified to that in court. I figure her interference is the reason he (might) fear Frankel having custody - that it will cause Bryn to be cut off even more, especially since Bethenny is not honoring their current agreement (turning up with boyfriends during his time with Bryn - on the phone or in the world  - introducing Bryn to new boyfriends right away, putting Bryn on social media).

30 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

In the preview for next week it looked like she was advising Tinsley to go the sperm bank route, not that she would trade Brynn in but I bet she frequently wishes she had done that.

You'd win that bet, biak ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

I don’t think Tins is a bad person at all but I really can’t see her as a self-sacrificing mom to any child. I have two children who came before anything else as they were growing up and I really can’t imagine Tins being that unselfish.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, film noire said:

Absolutely. My comment wasn't a defense of Hoppy never playing games - it was just addressing the idea that Jason never claimed Bethenny denied him access to Bryn, when he actually testified to that in court. I figure her interference is the reason he (might) fear Frankel having custody - that it will cause Bryn to be cut off even more, especially since Bethenny is not honoring their current agreement (turning up with boyfriends during his time with Bryn - on the phone or in the world  - introducing Bryn to new boyfriends right away, putting Bryn on social media).

You'd win that bet, biak ; )

I would hope that neither parent wishes she had used a sperm bank, because they wouldn't have Brynn.  I'm funny that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would hope that neither parent wishes she had used a sperm bank, because they wouldn't have Brynn.  I'm funny that way.

Thank you!  I agree!

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

would hope that neither parent wishes she had used a sperm bank, because they wouldn't have Brynn.  I'm funny that way.

Which is why I stated that she would not want to trade Brynn but I imagine it has crossed her mind more than once that her life would be less complicated if she had gone that route. I know people in a similar situations who have had that thought and don’t think it says that they don’t love their child or would change it now but just acknowledging it.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Which is why I stated that she would not want to trade Brynn but I imagine it has crossed her mind more than once that her life would be less complicated if she had gone that route. I know people in a similar situations who have had that thought and don’t think it says that they don’t love their child or would change it now but just acknowledging it.

I actually think the spin-off show would’ve been much more interesting if she had  used a sperm donor. There are so many newlywed shows. 

Bethenny Using Assisted Reproductive Technology?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Question.  Does anyone think that this fiasco is all a way for B’s name (and SG) to be in the headlines, stay in the headlines and/or write the headlines?

i don’t follow this the way I used to a hundred years ago (may be off by a year or two there) but even the most unreasonable people in the world would get this resolved. 

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 1:44 PM, sasha206 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7034801/Bethenny-Frankel-yells-tortured-ex-husband-Jason-Hoppy-emotional-courtroom-outburst.html

So apparently Beth interrupts testimony today screaming that Jason tortured her.  I seriously think she is mentally ill.

I feel bad for her attorneys.  All that work, undone by a courtroom outburst.  No B, no one tortured you.  Did/do you have a dysfunctional relationship?  Sure.  But accusing someone of a war crime is ridiculous.

And believe me, Judges take this kind of stuff into account.  Anything the mediator said about how B was more responsive to him?  It was all for show.  When she’s not in charge, as when Jason was testifying, she’s nuts.  He managed to sit quiet while she talked smack about him.  AND she’s screaming when he is talking about how he felt, not even in response to disagreeing about the facts of a specific incident (not that there should be any outburst). 

Edited by Mrs peel
Typos, always typos!
  • Love 14
(edited)

In some courts, trial proceedings happen not all at once (like an ordinary criminal trial), but in piecemeal sessions when the court can fit the proceedings into its calendar. I don’t practice in this court, but I once had a case in which a three day trial took place over the course of four months- a half a day at a time, when the court could squeeze us in. This custody dispute filed by Bethenny seems to operate the same way. 

Incidentally, my belief is that Bethenny has borderline personality disorder and unknowingly creates these conflicts, but then perceives herself to be the victim.  It’s a classic scenario involving projective identification. She’s the one who tortured Jason, not the reverse, but when he reacts to her histrionics she thinks he’s the aggressor.  

Anyhow, it would be tragic for Brynn to lose her relationship with the Hoppys, whom I believe to be perfectly ordinary and decent people.  I hope the judge sees Bethenny for who she is and that she loses this selfish battle.  

Edited by Gromit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

https://radaronline.com/photos/bethenny-frankel-rhony-carole-radziwill-dragged-custody-battle-court-jason-hoppy/

hahaha this is beautiful, Carole her former henchman has ALL the dirt and knows where all the bodies are buried. Bethenny is finally in a theatre she cannot control and where she held accountable. Tantruming and shouting out in court—- what a spoiled fucking brat. Bethenny needed boundaries when she was 13 and didn’t get em. #teamcarole 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

So apparently Beth interrupts testimony today screaming that Jason tortured her.  I seriously think she is mentally ill.

OMG, my ex husband abused me sexually, emotionally and physically- it was awful and Bethenny’s relationship with Jason had at most 5% of the unliving hell I went through but even I never used the word torture (even though it really felt like torture and could have destroyed me) - it really could have, when I moved out he had a loaded gun between The mattresses. I am blessed to be alive

2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

OMG, my ex husband abused me sexually, emotionally and physically- it was awful and Bethenny’s relationship with Jason had at most 5% of the unliving hell I went through but even I never used the word torture (even though it really felt like torture and could have destroyed me) - it really could have, when I moved out he had a loaded gun between The mattresses. I am blessed to be alive

I’m going to guess that you are not a multi millionaire reality TV personality either, right?   

Bless you, I hope that you are well and safe.   

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

OMG, I can't even imagine all you went through.  Big hugs.

• Love 13
(edited)
30 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This!!!!

I mean, really. She has burned sooooo many bridges.

Someone should clone Frankel and trap her in an elevator with the clone for 12 hours. Maybe then she’d realize how unpleasant she is.

When I think of Bethenny calling out in court (not cool w any judge but B doesn't think the rules are for her) I think of Kelly Bensimon in her cute aqua mohair dress and pink Hunter wellies in the rain at the Brass Monkey telling Bethenny to her FACE that Bethenny's "antics" were "for kids". Antics is such a great summary of all that is Bethenny.  Kelly was right then and had her number immediately.  Jason, Kelly and Bethenny's parents are the top 3 in Bethenny's  crosshairs to destroy. Those that know the truth. Interesting. Love that in court justice is prevailing. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

I read that ROL piece and found it to be a big old nothing burger. Jason's lawyer brought up Carole's argument with Bethenny but the judge "took her side" and told them they'd have to subpoena the uncut footage of the show to watch in court.   That didn't happen.  I also didn't read anything about "tantruming and shouting out in court."    

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I also didn't read anything about "tantruming and shouting out in court."    

Here you go direct quote from the ROL article:

After explaining he was “furious” about interviews she was giving regarding the failed marriage, Bethenny sobbed in court in the middle of Jason’s testimony yelling, “You tortured me. You tortured me!”

Judge Katz reprimanded the reality star for her outburst. “Ms. Frankel, this is Mr. Hoppy’s testimony.”

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I read that ROL piece and found it to be a big old nothing burger. Jason's lawyer brought up Carole's argument with Bethenny but the judge "took her side" and told them they'd have to subpoena the uncut footage of the show to watch in court.   That didn't happen.  I also didn't read anything about "tantruming and shouting out in court."    

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These pictures of  Andy just make me want to throat punch him. That smug face. What an asshole.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8