Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I didn't remember this until just now! 

I just feel like they had a "thing" that never really was fully realized - thank GOD!  But I sort of remember that it was Kyle who was infatuated with Phyllis at some point, very briefly and it wasn't ever really reciprocated.

I don't know, maybe I'm confusing it with something else.  Or maybe someone here will remember?

*Frankenkyle - love it!!  Perfect name for the actor at that time! He always reminded me of a vampire from Interview with a Vampire!

You both are wrong. Phyll made a move on and kissed Kyle to keep him from hooking up w Dummer who she thought secretly was Jack’s (aka Kyle’s sibling) and @jewelry lover he was called FrankenKyle not because he looked like a vampire which he didn’t but because he was extremely tall and had an enormous jaw. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I guess I am out-of-touch... But who is Phyllis kissing in that scene?  Without a ton of product in his hair, the actor could be Theo, Chance (guessing by Abby's expression), or some random guy she picked up.  I cannot stand Phyllis; at this point in Michelle S's career she is a bit of a joke.  I used to really like her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I guess I am out-of-touch... But who is Phyllis kissing in that scene?  

That's FrankenKyle; you can tell by the jawline. His hair was usually worse than this, longer and hanging straight down to his shoulders, swinging back and forth when he took long strides and accentuating his Franken-ness.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Really, Phyllis?

You're just going to slink around the lobby of the Grand Phoenix in your robe that barely covers your ass with a towel on your head? Have you no shame? Or class? 

She looked utterly ridiculous and if I were a guest at said hotel, I would wonder why there was a crazy naked lady in the lobby and whether we should call the cops or the mental hospital. So ridiculous. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Really, Phyllis?

You're just going to slink around the lobby of the Grand Phoenix in your robe that barely covers your ass with a towel on your head? Have you no shame? Or class? 

She looked utterly ridiculous and if I were a guest at said hotel, I would wonder why there was a crazy naked lady in the lobby and whether we should call the cops or the mental hospital. So ridiculous. 

Could develop into a theme-costume thing? After all things are getting a bit desperate.

Phyllis could dress up as a Roomba. Or as a chambermaid''s cart? I'd suggest a laundry company's canvas bag of dirty linens...oh, wait, Phyllis would see that as erotic.

I guess it beats writing characterization.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Could develop into a theme-costume thing? After all things are getting a bit desperate.

Phyllis could dress up as a Roomba. Or as a chambermaid''s cart? I'd suggest a laundry company's canvas bag of dirty linens...oh, wait, Phyllis would see that as erotic.

I guess it beats writing characterization.

I wish they'd just put her back with Nick and they could be off screen for the next several years, honeymooning on a garbage scow.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, spinxella said:

I hope Chance is up on his innoculations, both human and animal, because he's gonna need them.

Men break out in a hot sweat from being near Phyllis, but instead of seeing moonlight and magnolias, they usually see the bottom of a toilet for at least 24 hours.

Plenty of fluids, Chance, and nothing by mouth but dry toast until it passes.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

I guess it's pointless to describe any given episode as dull/boring, so let's not and say we did.

One strange character-twist--I sort of looked up--Phyllis getting snoopy at the coffee house, seeing bandage on Sharon's chest--suddenly after squeezing Nick for details--becomes all humanly upset, empathetic and whatever. And then loses interest in reeling in NotaChance. I know it's likely part of the continuing beatification and ultimate sanctification of Sharon, but what?

At least as part of the fallout from St Sharon's story we got a few minutes with Paulie. Propping Rey and the storyline, but beggars can't be choosers.

I also looked up and tried to figure out who the [Tessa  counter-interest] new bartender with Mariah was. I assume those were references to her having worked at the gals-only bar. But it was pretty much a case of the Exposition Fairy flapping by.

I guess at least there was no Billy, so that's something.

BTW, in case anyone cares, that image of new funereal Crimson Lights drove me to drop the jpeg into Illustrator to see if I could render something better. So far I've eyedroppered some of the colours and done some fill-ins but who knows?

• Love 9
On 1/29/2020 at 3:15 PM, Capricasix said:

God, Billy is annoying. I don’t know why Victoria is so upset about him - she should just wash her hands of him for good.

She could wash him right outta her hair and kill two birds with one stone 😛

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Well, Jack certainly didn't buy the "I've got to be me" aria from Billy. Thank heavens--because nothing the character says makes any sense. The payoff from this load of crap will have to be pretty significant...

And now, I'll say something positive about the Theo character: he spars well with Summer. Although, to give Hunter King credit [something I thought I'd never type], her acting may be sparking something.

Anything else? Beats me.

• Love 11
On 2/1/2020 at 7:43 AM, pearlite said:

Well, Jack certainly didn't buy the "I've got to be me" aria from Billy. Thank heavens--because nothing the character says makes any sense.

Jack seems to be the only person who holds Billy accountable for anything these days. He's not even worth Victor's time and energy anymore, it seems.

Billy is the biggest manchild on a series that is filled to the brim with them and has Adam in the cast.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Damn! Truer words have never been spoken. (Typed)

It's true tho! 😛

i have a lot of Star Wars fans who think Kylo Ren was a spoiled little bitch baby who had it good and had no reason to turn evil--a take I don't entirely agree with, but when I think about the arc of Billy's life, I can certainly understand where they're coming from. Billy doesn't even have the excuse of waking up to his family trying to pre-emptively murder him, even if no jury in the world would've convicted Jack after the second wife of his Billy fucked.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

It's true tho! 😛

i have a lot of Star Wars fans who think Kylo Ren was a spoiled little bitch baby who had it good and had no reason to turn evil--a take I don't entirely agree with, but when I think about the arc of Billy's life, I can certainly understand where they're coming from. Billy doesn't even have the excuse of waking up to his family trying to pre-emptively murder him, even if no jury in the world would've convicted Jack after the second wife of his Billy fucked.

Lol, Kylo Ren "Why are you wearing that stupid fucking hat?" I mean Darth had to wear it because, you know, explosion but why was Kylo wearing it? That cracked me up so much.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Does anyone think Adam the Deliverer will deliver Clo's bebe?

Does anyone give a crap about Thummer or Thola or Kummer or Kola?

Will the human Tribble do a WTD and (when it tests as Nicks) will Adam or Connor do the honors of pushing her down that looming staircase? (It really IS the only reason they have stairs on soaps)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Will Chance hire Chipmonk?

Will Phil's teen granddaughter come to town the interact with Faith? No that might be good. THis show can't do teen, disease, gay, or mystery stories to save thier lives.

Will all the men rally round Sharon and make the other ladies heads explode?

Will Jill finally cough up some cash to find the stolen money she kinda helped steal?

Will the liver transplant ever be used or even mentioned again or is it filed away with Nikki's MS and Michael's cancer?

Tune in tomorrow if you can stay awake!

Edited by crowsworks
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Billy finds himself....? A prison story would be good. He'd have to watch the manspread thing tho.

Mop needs a real man or a life or a better office. 

Could Jack have a woman within a couple decades of his age - No, I don;t think their are any actresses in their 50's who are out of work...so...

Give MM a story worthy of her. 

someone need to tell Staph that sex kittens over 50 are just stray cats.

Jack and Mop. Hummm.... it would chap Billy's balls

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Jack and Mop. Hummm.... it would chap Billy's balls

AND Victor's! A 2-for-1 🤣

I dunno that I'd want to see that, knowing he was her actual stepfather when she was real little, but seeing those two lemmings' heads explode would go far to smooth the ick factor.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

What happened with Kyle and Lola? I was trying to watch, but people in my house were making too much noise and I couldn’t hear the TV 😄 (and my autistic son doesn’t like it when I turn the closed captioning on!)

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

What happened with Kyle and Lola? I was trying to watch, but people in my house were making too much noise and I couldn’t hear the TV 😄 (and my autistic son doesn’t like it when I turn the closed captioning on!)

Kyle admitted that Summer was still in his heart; and they broke up.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Definitely a moron.  Why did he marry Lola if he still loved Summer?  I suppose Lola will be pregnant.

not until she screws theo and then recommits to Kyle  -- THEN she'll be preggers. (Does the coffee shop have stairs to the appartment? we'll know if we see them.)

I look for Mariah to take Summer's job and Kyle will give Dummer a promotion that involves meeting them together with a group.  That will console Lola but not until she bangs Theo

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I’m an episode behind but what is Victor going on about? He mentioned something about Amanda and Billy going to motel rooms and having receipts to prove it? Is he lying again to protect his famibly?

Why did Chance and Abby look like they were doused in orange paint when they were lying in bed at the Gimpy Pheasant? Their fake tans were super splotchy and the underside of their arms were white. It was super distracting. 

Huh, Phyllis can feel emotions other than lust and hatred?! Wow, colour me surprised.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I think he is lying, because I don't recall them meeting in a motel.  But they could have because I could not stand those scenes so may have missed it.

6 hours ago, drtslim said:

Kyle admitted that Summer was still in his heart; and they broke up.

Didn't they just get married five minutes ago?  Didn't Kyle manipulate Dummer into giving Lola a part of her liver in exchange for a pity fuck?  This is the woman who is in his heart, not Lola?  Kyle is now at Billy levels of stupid.

Picard Facepalm GIF by moodman

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

You can if you like.  I don't care. 😃

hahaha nope, just teasing!  To be honest, all I know is that it's unpopular with me, I really don't know how most of the fandom feels 🙂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3