Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Classic epi today. Neil and Dru honeymooning in Antigua, Nikki and Jack after the death of their son, Victor and Douglas, Jill telling John she’s pregnant, Brad and Ashley, Miguel. sigh

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

YAY!  We got the classic episode here this week!  It was so awesome.  Prick was a prick even back then but somehow seemed not as despicable.  

A beach location shoot!  Dru and Neil!

These classic shows really make today's show look even worse than I thought it was.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Jill telling John she’s pregnant,

Wouldn't it be nice if she said she thought she was preggers but false alarm.  Then we wouldn't have to vote Buttbiscuit off.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I'm excited to see Brad again. I miss him as a character and eye candy. I'm glad Don found a new home on B&B after having his character on Y&R ruined which ended with getting frozen under a pond. Brad and Colleen are my top two senseless deaths since I started watching regularly in the mid 90's.

• Love 10

A few things after watching today's classic episode. I was a teen during this time and while I watched Y&R on and off since I was a kid, I don't remember everything and there were years I missed stuff. 

What happened to that man butler/friend Victor had? He was at Nikki and Victor's wedding, too. 

That Eve character Victor called is the same woman who was at Victor and Nikki's wedding and was trying to kill Nikki. What happened to her and why was she not arrested? 

I loved seeing Miguel again. I'm so sad they wrote him off the show. I always adored him. 

Other Ashley! I always loved her. She was so pretty and she made Ashley human. The ED version of Ashley has such an Ice Queen quality to her. 

Nice to see Brad again!

Aww, Dru and Neil. Such easy chemistry between them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

UO ALERT!

Not a fan of "classic episodes," sorry. However, The Swoosh! And Jack finger-combing it back! PB, always a great looking man. And Jerry Douglas--just always enjoyed watching him in a scene; oh, and young, adorable Jill.

It was sorta fun to see Douglas Austin not taking too much crap from a very insufferable Victor, but also knowing his place as a toady.

Men who aged better? Who grew into their faces?  EB--hated the shoe-polish eyebrows and the skinny face. Don Diamont--don't all run at me with knives--looks better now, less like a mannequin. I'm also throwing in MTS here--to me, she is more interesting, and less Barbie now.

Umm, the darker lighting on the more detailed sets was nice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

New show for Canadians. 

Vicky tells Adam’s curly haired friend what a pustule he is and how he just used her to dig up dirt on Victor. She is pissed but is willing to let Vicky form a plan that is not storming into Newman Towers to kick the cowboy shit out of Adam. 

Nate and Amanda have a nice evening out and kiss good night. 

Billy and Lilly brainstorming. Hahahaha!

Waaaay too much Phick 🤮 Lots of blah blahblahsexblah

• Love 8
5 hours ago, pearlite said:

Don Diamont--don't all run at me with knives--looks better now, less like a mannequin.

I don't think that's much of an UO 😉 DD has aged like a fine wine. I've even finally gotten used to the facial hair he grew up for the Bill Spencer role to look less like Brad 😛. I only regret that Y&R didn't fire him 3 years later so he could've been cast to replace Ronnnnnnnnnn Moss as Ridge! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Waaaay too much Phick 🤮 Lots of blah blahblahsexblah

Not only way too much Phick, but Phick in the shower!  Blech!  And why does Phyliss always splay her arms on the wall, even in the shower.   She is repulsive.

Young And Restless Omg GIF by CBS

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

Not only way too much Phick, but Phick in the shower!  Blech!  And why does Phyliss always splay her arms on the wall, even in the shower.   She is repulsive.

What is Sharon reacting to there?

• Love 4

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum/daytime-drama-series-soap-operas/the-young-and-the-restless/2930414-friday-canadian-monday-us

Victor brings up Hope. I still say she killed the guy.

Nick. Your piece of ass has the goods on Adam. Did they forget so soon? Phyl, make yourself useful for something besides vamping around like Carol Burnetts Norma Desmond.

"Look my arm is naked. Now the other one is. Now my top is wrapped around my head and my boobs are tucked into my waistband. Soooosexay!"

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crowsworks said:

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum/daytime-drama-series-soap-operas/the-young-and-the-restless/2930414-friday-canadian-monday-us

Victor brings up Hope. I still say she killed the guy.

Nick. Your piece of ass has the goods on Adam. Did they forget so soon? Phyl, make yourself useful for something besides vamping around like Carol Burnetts Norma Desmond.

"Look my arm is naked. Now the other one is. Now my top is wrapped around my head and my boobs are tucked into my waistband. Soooosexay!"

Hey @crossworks, thank you for taking up the mantle of posting links to the recraps!

• Love 6

I'm so tired of watching Nick and Phyllis having sex. I barely even looked up from my phone today while watching show and I completely ignored the scenes with Phyllis and her pet monkey. 

I liked Victoria telling curly hair what her childhood friend is up to. 

Billy looks like he's becoming interested in Lily and god no. That woman suffered enough with Cane. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I don't think that's much of an UO 😉 DD has aged like a fine wine. I've even finally gotten used to the facial hair he grew up for the Bill Spencer role to look less like Brad 😛. I only regret that Y&R didn't fire him 3 years later so he could've been cast to replace Ronnnnnnnnnn Moss as Ridge! 

He would've made a great Ridge recast tbh unlike TK he has chemistry with KKL and no Irish accent. 

Or brought Lane Davies back for the role as he was a temp Ridge at one point(although I don't remember why at the time).

19 hours ago, bannana said:

Sharon really produces some great underrated gifs.....

My only hope is that she could finally be free of Nick once and for all. Kind of wished they had kept Brad because I didn't mind Brad/Sharon together and there would be drama considering his past with Nikki and Victoria to keep it interesting. 

I didn't mind Sharon/Rey until they actually got together then it was kind of ruined for me go figure. 

• Love 3

I tried watching today's show and stopped after about 5 minutes. I'll try again tomorrow. 

Watching Chelsea acting like a giddy airhead while visiting Adam at Newman had my blood boiling. As did her whole 'you finally got what is owed to you' bullshit. 

The only thing owed to Adam is my foot in his ass. 

Gah. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I tried watching today's show and stopped after about 5 minutes. I'll try again tomorrow. 

Watching Chelsea acting like a giddy airhead while visiting Adam at Newman had my blood boiling. As did her whole 'you finally got what is owed to you' bullshit. 

The only thing owed to Adam is my foot in his ass. 

Gah. 

I couldn't hit the fast forward button fast enough through most of the episode. There's no way I can watch this show live.

• Love 10

So Lola gets an emergency call about her restaurant and hightails to Miami. I wonder if this is the start of her being written off the show? It was certainly random. 

I'm so annoyed that Dumb (Kyle) and Dumber (Summer) are going to get one over on Dumbest (Theo.) I really wanted Theo to win this competition and see that smug smirk wiped off of Kyle's face. Grr. 

• Love 13

How is no one discussing yesterday's vintage episode?!

The Colonade Room and that massive chandelier? 

Jill dressed as Cleopatra? Jack as Prince Charming? Esther as a french maid, lol. 

I see Douglas was still around back then. I still want to know what happened to him. 

Sheila was there married to Scott. This was clearly before she went psychotic and tried to kill Lauren 455553256 times. 

Traci looked gorgeous! And she was with Brad!

Other Ashley was still around ❤️

And omg, Leanna Love. I forgot about her!

And who was that man dressed identically to Danny? Was that the David Kimble guy who tried to kill Nina or someone else? And he shot Danny twice in the chest? Next week's vintage episode better be the continuation to this one. I want to know more, damn it!

ETA: Here is a recap: https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/recaps/563543/yr-flashback-recap-david-kimble-targets-danny-cricket-nina-masquerade-ball/

• Love 6
19 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Jill dressed as Cleopatra? Jack as Prince Charming? Esther as a french maid, lol. 

I see Douglas was still around back then. I still want to know what happened to him. 

Sheila was there married to Scott. This was clearly before she went psychotic and tried to kill Lauren 455553256 times. 

And who was that man dressed identically to Danny? Was that the David Kimble guy who tried to kill Nina or someone else? And he shot Danny twice in the chest? Next week's vintage episode better be the continuation to this one. I want to know more, damn it!

ETA: Here is a recap: https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/recaps/563543/yr-flashback-recap-david-kimble-targets-danny-cricket-nina-masquerade-ball/

Thank dog I had CC on after watching BBC. I was not a watcher for about ten years and...masks? Lucky they said

Criket: blabla

Nathan: Blablayadayada

So I had an idea who the hell these people were.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Thank dog I had CC on after watching BBC. I was not a watcher for about ten years and...masks? Lucky they said

Criket: blabla

Nathan: Blablayadayada

So I had an idea who the hell these people were.

><><><

Phyl Phapping. Flight of the Feeennnnucks

• LOL 4

Oh, Theo. You really are the dumbest. *facepalm*

What happened to that Jared character? He was on for awhile, his grandpa died, he ran off, got arrested, is supposedly working at the new Free-Clinic, and hasn't been seen in weeks. Did he get locked in a closet? Too bad it's not Victoria's closet or he could make friends with Ryder. 

• LOL 9

I cannot feel bad for Theo, but I certainly don't enjoy Dumb and Dumber relishing their victory with Jack's endorsement

.angry buffy the vampire slayer GIF

Seriously, Phyllis sent a gift basket to Sharon and everyone oohs and aahs all over it, like it is something?  Like Sharon doesn't have the money or the friends to provide her those things?  Like Phyllis isn't writing it off as a business expense?  Like Phyllis didn't send it just to get Nick's dick hard?

the young and the restless rolling eyes GIF by CBS

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, bannana said:

.angry buffy the vampire slayer GIF

Seriously, Phyllis sent a gift basket to Sharon and everyone oohs and aahs all over it, like it is something?  Like Sharon doesn't have the money or the friends to provide her those things?  Like Phyllis isn't writing it off as a business expense?  Like Phyllis didn't send it just to get Nick's dick hard?

Show can't pander hard enough to her, can it?  It was pretty rich listening to her castigate Abby and Chance because they had the temerity to stop her blackmailing them.  It's an interesting choice to go with righteous indignation because you're angry that someone stopped your illegal activity that you had wanted to use for even easier access to Nick's crotch rot.  I guess replacing his zipper with velcro wasn't enough, Phyllis?

Besides, we all know perfectly well that, as you say, it was done solely to impress the bonehead she's boning.  If Phyllis was being honest about how she felt, Sharon would have received a gift basket with a bunny and cooking instructions.

Shit like this makes me want to take a break from Show.  Isn't there enough crap right now?

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, gingerella said:

Wait, what happened to greaseball Theo oliiebollen?!?

Theo, genius that he is, stole the idea he thought was Kyle and Summer's and pitched it to Jack. Turns out, the pitch was the same one Jack delivered like 15 years ago. Jack was not amused and Theo's deception was brought to light. Theo tried to make some lame excuses and Kyle fired Theo with Jack's approval. 

Theo was then seen at the Abbott house talking to poor Dina about what happened to him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Theo, genius that he is, stole the idea he thought was Kyle and Summer's and pitched it to Jack. Turns out, the pitch was the same one Jack delivered like 15 years ago. Jack was not amused and Theo's deception was brought to light. Theo tried to make some lame excuses and Kyle fired Theo with Jack's approval. 

Theo was then seen at the Abbott house talking to poor Dina about what happened to him. 

Thanks! That's hilarious and yet, WHEN will Vyle Kyle's role in this, and Dummer's, be brought to light?! It's funny, I HATED Kyle when he was after Dummer originally, then I surprisingly began to really like him when he was with Lola. Now I hate him again. Dummer makes everything bad. bad. Bad. BAD. B.A.D.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Thanks! That's hilarious and yet, WHEN will Vyle Kyle's role in this, and Dummer's, be brought to light?! It's funny, I HATED Kyle when he was after Dummer originally, then I surprisingly began to really like him when he was with Lola. Now I hate him again. Dummer makes everything bad. bad. Bad. BAD. B.A.D.

Summer and Kyle admitted to Jack that they set a trap to see if Theo would take it. Jack wasn't thrilled at first but Kyle and Summer went on to say that clearly Theo has no integrity or creativity. 

• Love 5

Today we find out who killed AJ. Nikki told Vicki because she was going to use Alyssa to dig into who killed her father. Nikki told her the truth to stop her. Victor went to Alyssa and told her the truth. The audience is left in the dark.

Chloe has a baby shower thrown by Chelsea. Michael and Lauren were there, Esther, Connor and Bella. It’s going to be a boy. Chloe asks Chelsea to be the godmother. She accepts. 

At the very end, Adam comes to the raunch to demand answers after Vicki went to his condo to mock him. Victor tells him that he is the one who killed AJ. 😳

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Victor tells him that he is the one who killed AJ.

Figgered as much.  Hope is dead so it wouldn't matter if she did it.  That left Adam as the only possible living suspect.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Today we find out who killed AJ. Nikki told Vicki because she was going to use Alyssa to dig into who killed her father. Nikki told her the truth to stop her. Victor went to Alyssa and told her the truth. The audience is left in the dark.

Chloe has a baby shower thrown by Chelsea. Michael and Lauren were there, Esther, Connor and Bella. It’s going to be a boy. Chloe asks Chelsea to be the godmother. She accepts. 

At the very end, Adam comes to the raunch to demand answers after Vicki went to his condo to mock him. Victor tells him that he is the one who killed AJ. 😳

This is quite hilarious.  What a stupid storyline, if true.  Victor could have told Adam immediately, when he went down this road to usurp power from Pricktor.  What is with the weird power struggle  between him and Adam, if this was all about protecting Adam from what he had done?  Doesn't sound plausible.  

Others have speculated  here that Hope killed AJ.  And that is who Pricktor was protecting.  Hence, why he said nothing.

Otherwise, this tale makes no sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum/daytime-drama-series-soap-operas/the-young-and-the-restless/2943493-tuesday-canadian-wednesday-us

They blew the best chance they had to explain Adam's sociopathy. So he shoved the man threatening his mom?

That is the big super secret? That is why Victor feels guilty and hates/over compensates Adam? Why Adam is so filled with rage at Victor? All the horrid things he (Adam) did and the show has him save puppies to redeem him.

We could have him be a victim and hate Victor for not saving him. But no, he was a little hero. He lived an idealic life with the best mom on a farm and somehow grew up a sociopath. MWT

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2020 at 2:07 PM, gingerella said:

Summer and Kyle -T&A as I think of them are making people feel bad for Theo and that's not easy. Hope Dina leaves him all her money. At least he'll know Lola doesn't care about it.

Lola should be pregnant so her girl can date Clo's son in a few years. She'll get Theo to say he's the daddy, tho. Ollie Oil is a babyname

• LOL 3