Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Phyllis? Her dress was long and pleated. Sharon wore the dress showing her bits. 

Fabulous color on Abby. The style as well. I didn't like her hair,  and her acting is so blah.

I wasn’t referring to the recent dress but to other dresses she’s had on recently

• Love 3

The big “wooing of Chelsea” is going to be very painful to watch. Partly because it’s gross how Chelsea just goes back to Adam’s bed mere nanoseconds after Nick breaks up with her (I guess she didn’t mean any of what she’d said earlier that morning when she gave Nick those picture frames with promises of a future). Mainly because it’s going to mean more opportunities for Mark Grossman to show how limited his acting skills are. 

• Love 10

Sharon forgetting things was due to distraction. She had just found a lump in her breast and was unable to think of much else at that moment. 

Good speculation Artsda. It would be nice to see two women supporting each other rather than sniping. Sharon is the mother of two of Nikki’s grandchildren so she should be invested in Sharon’s condition. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 1/1/2020 at 11:35 PM, jewel21 said:

Chelsea was all protesting to Nick at first about breaking up and then, suddenly was like thanks for being a good person, ciao! And two seconds later she was smiling and holding hands with Adam. Grrr, now Connor is going to be over the moon and that irks me, heh. 

Chelsea slept with Nick a few weeks ago. If she’s hitting the hay with Adam already we’re probably getting a WTD. Connor is either going to be excited for a little brother/sister or jealous and indirectly involved in Chelsea losing it - especially if he thinks Nick is the daddy.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

When did she find that? I totally missed that episode as for being distracted, she looked more , I don't know.. she isn't good with a heavy duty story line. Of course Nikki would support her, so would Phyllis and any other woman on this show. I think that goes without saying..jmho

It was revealed at the end, all her findings and doctor conversations seem to be happening off screen and we're just seeing the distracted aftermath.

I see Nick being all in this story since she obviously doesn't feel comfortable confiding in Ray. Nick's single and looking over Chelsea already is convenient timing that its same time as Sharon having cancer. 

• Useful 4

Good grief, the writing on this show sucks so bad. So poorly written, poorly acted and so predictable. If you want to watch something a bit more interesting, GH had a great Friday cliffhanger yesterday. BB&B is nothing but the same people saying the same things every day for months. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 5

I posted this in the backstage thread by accident because I am a dummy, LOL

If Society is supposed to be this fancy, upscale place then why are Phyllis and Hilary eating their meals in the restaurant with plastic cutlery? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

I posted this in the backstage thread by accident because I am a dummy, LOL

If Society is supposed to be this fancy, upscale place then why are Phyllis and Hilary eating their meals in the restaurant with plastic cutlery? 

Maybe Society has a house rule that Phyllis, under NO circumstances, is to be given metal utensils, since god only knows who she'd use them on.  And Amanda is nice enough to join her in solidarity?

What Phyllis could do with a butter knife is not to be imagined.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 1/1/2020 at 2:39 AM, jewel21 said:

Was Nick’s birthday always on New Year’s Eve and if so, why do I have no recollection of this?

Neither do I, but apparently he was.  He also rapidly aged in just 6 months , and somehow was also born in October.  Interesting guy, that Nick!

Lifeline

Born onscreen December 31, 1988

Returned from boarding school in June 1994 said to be 16 years old

Threw an 18th birthday party for Sharon in September 1994, although she was actually 19, and Nick was 18

Comment made about his trust fund 3/2008 confirmed he was 30 years old

Comment made about his trust fund 9/2008 confirmed he was 35 years old

His father wished him "Happy Birthday" on October 11, 2012

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

His father wished him "Happy Birthday" on October 11, 2012

Quoting myself.  I just realized, this would have been 10/11/12.  Maybe that was in commemoration of Nick learning to count past 9 🙂 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe Society has a house rule that Phyllis, under NO circumstances, is to be given metal utensils, since god only knows who she'd use them on.  And Amanda is nice enough to join her in solidarity?

What Phyllis could do with a butter knife is not to be imagined.

I saw the Staph last night, She was playing some rich skank who was bidding against Ashley Judd at a bachelor auction in Double Jeopardy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I saw the Staph last night, She was playing some rich skank who was bidding against Ashley Judd at a bachelor auction in Double Jeopardy.

Her vamping reminds me off...not Nora Desmond...but Carol Burnett's spoof of ND.

Spoiler

Edited by crowsworks
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Kudos to Aly Lind’s acting today when she finds out about Sharon’s condition. So glad to see her back. CG will be amazing as well. The Collins ladies will act the hell out of it.

Our dear valley would have loved  to see our girl ,Sharon, have such a deep s/l. 😓

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Anyone else think that Summer is going to get peanut oil on her food by mistake? She told Kyle to remind Lola about her allergy when he was on his way to the kitchen but he forgot to mention it as they were arguing about Theo. 

Oooo!  Now THIS could be fun!  

Could thing she's not allergic to Theo's favorite dish, Oily Balls, or she'd already be in a coma.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Kudos to Aly Lind’s acting today when she finds out about Sharon’s condition. So glad to see her back. CG will be amazing as well. The Collins ladies will act the hell out of it.

Our dear valley would have loved  to see our girl ,Sharon, have such a deep s/l. 😓

I came here to say the exact same thing about Aly. She did a wonderful job with her scenes today. Now that she will find out Sharon has cancer, does this mean she'll stay home and go to school in GC? I don't want her to go away to boarding school again. 

I also can't wait for Mariah to find out because Cameron will also knock it out of the park. 

I like that Rey is being so supportive of Sharon and she's confiding in him. 

Today's CDN made it seem like it was a new day, or I wasn't paying attention and it's the same day, but Summer appears to be alive and not in anaphylactic shock, sadly. I'm surprised the writers even remembered her peanut allergy. 

So Lola was jealous of Theo's 'date?' Thus it begins...

ETA: Also, Valley ❤️ 😞

• Love 11
On 1/15/2020 at 2:59 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

Anyone else think that Summer is going to get peanut oil on her food by mistake? She told Kyle to remind Lola about her allergy when he was on his way to the kitchen but he forgot to mention it as they were arguing about Theo. 

That whole thing is preposterous. If she really has a peanut allergy, she shouldn't be eating at that restaurant. The mere fact that peanut oil is used in the kitchen means there's residual on the pots/pans/plates.  You can't just not use it in one dish and expect everything to be okay. And she's never had a problem eating whatever is put in front of her before, so why the special request now?

Oh well, I really shouldn't read so much into this stupid show lol!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

That whole thing is preposterous. If she really has a peanut allergy, she shouldn't be eating at that restaurant. The mere fact that peanut oil is used in the kitchen means there's residual on the pots/pans/plates.  You can't just not use it in one dish and expect everything to be okay. And she's never had a problem eating whatever is put in front of her before, so why the special request now?

Oh well, I really shouldn't read so much into this stupid show lol!

For sure!! My ex husband was so allergic that he knew immediately if peanut oil was in the air. His throat would start to close and he’d have a major asthma attack. 

• Love 3

Sharon Case is doing a wonderful job with this storyline. And I’m enjoying how Rey is being supportive and not trying to run the show.

Oh Billy, shut the fuck up. You’re basically saying you’re a fuckup and always will be and people should just leave you alone and let you being a giant man child. Why don’t you go jump off a cliff, we’ll all stand around and won’t interfere because you’re fine. What a selfish brat. 

Keep being a child, Phyllis. It’s fine, too. Faith has more maturity than Billy and Phyllis combined. Speaking of Faith, I am glad she won’t be returning to boarding school.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Sharon Case is doing a wonderful job with this storyline. And I’m enjoying how Rey is being supportive and not trying to run the show.

Oh Billy, shut the fuck up. You’re basically saying you’re a fuckup and always will be and people should just leave you alone and let you being a giant man child. Why don’t you go jump off a cliff, we’ll all stand around and won’t interfere because you’re fine. What a selfish brat. 

Keep being a child, Phyllis. It’s fine, too. Faith has more maturity than Billy and Phyllis combined. Speaking of Faith, I am glad she won’t be returning to boarding school.

But what about all the new towels and bedding Banana Boy just bought her? Will no one think of Banana?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I watched back to back episodes today due to stormy weather. Every time I saw Sharon with her girls, my throat tightened. Faith’s tear stained face , then Mariah’s brought tears to my own eyes. Well done ladies! They were very believable and natural. I like that show seems to have consulted with professionals this time. Usually disease s/l make me roll my eyes but, so far, this is quite good. I hope we see lots of Faith and Mariah. It’s fabulous that it’s been the same actors for so long. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I watched back to back episodes today due to stormy weather. Every time I saw Sharon with her girls, my throat tightened. Faith’s tear stained face , then Mariah’s brought tears to my own eyes. Well done ladies! They were very believable and natural. I like that show seems to have consulted with professionals this time. Usually disease s/l make me roll my eyes but, so far, this is quite good. I hope we see lots of Faith and Mariah. It’s fabulous that it’s been the same actors for so long. 

I'm also psyched that we are getting Tessa back for a bit.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

WTAF does Phyl think she’s doing? It pathetic how she’s throwing herself at Chance. 🤢

Does she live in the lobby of the Soggy Kleenex? She's always slinking around, waiting to pounce on everyone and anyone. God, I've thought many things about Phyllis over the years but sad and pitiful are new ones. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Does she live in the lobby of the Soggy Kleenex? She's always slinking around, waiting to pounce on everyone and anyone. God, I've thought many things about Phyllis over the years but sad and pitiful are new ones. 

Same here....only the word that comes to my mind when I see Phyllis is "pathetic".  Never thought I'd think of her quite that way.......

Her character resembles little of what it once used to be.  At this juncture, I don't know why they even bothered to bring MS back.  Couldn't just about anyone slink and slither about and show their ladybits in a scene?  Why bother to make the splash that she was coming back only to give her these pathetic scenes?

Lordy, I sound like I actually like MS or her Phyllis character!  Maybe I'm the pathetic one - Ha! Ha!

(trust me, I don't like either MS or Phyllis!)

• Love 14

I loved all the scenes today with Nick/Mariah/Faith/Sharon.  I think having them together makes the story and feelings more. I just find Rey's role is just seeming forced and like he doesn't fit/belong. 

Rey's scenes with Sharon today vs  Sharon/Nick/kids i see more with the family than with him.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Artsda said:

I just find Rey's role is just seeming forced and like he doesn't fit/belong. 

It may have something to do with whatever he's done to his face to make him look like a mannequin. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

What an idiot. 😒

58 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I concur.

That's pissing me off.  What a dickhead.  

Watch out Kyle or you might be showing exactly how closely related to ButtBiscuit you really are.

• Love 9

Well, Dummer kissed him.  He did kiss back (bad boy!).  But then he sent her away.  Saying he loves Lola.

WTF?  Kyle and Lola have been married five minutes!  Kyle, get your shit together.

• Love 11
On 1/3/2020 at 4:15 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Chelsea slept with Nick a few weeks ago. If she’s hitting the hay with Adam already we’re probably getting a WTD. Connor is either going to be excited for a little brother/sister or jealous and indirectly involved in Chelsea losing it - especially if he thinks Nick is the daddy.

Dead baby swimming. I can't see this not being a knock or is it tock. Connor will jump out at Mom in a purple nightie with Oliver on his head, and tumble her down that convenient staircase. He was just trying to be a Good Newman, jeeesh! Home School special class - causing a miscarriage - we can't mention the A word but we can do this over and over. In fact in GC tossing women is break-up and birth control.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

So is Kyle the new Ridge Forrester, going back and forth between two women and changing his mind because reasons? 🤣

Cuz show has been trying hard to make fetch happen with Skyle for years, going back HK's first run on the show and her crush that prompted Nick's DNA test and he hasn't been even remotely interested in her at any point. What's changed?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

So is Kyle the new Ridge Forrester, going back and forth between two women and changing his mind because reasons? 🤣

Cuz show has been trying hard to make fetch happen with Skyle for years, going back HK's first run on the show and her crush that prompted Nick's DNA test and he hasn't been even remotely interested in her at any point. What's changed?

You know, if Summer would just think about it - I know, tall order for her - she's already given up part of an internal organ and it wasn't enough to stop him from changing the channel, and her external bits haven't held his interest for long, so she should just give up and take a Pilates class.

Lola's got him - but does she want him?

If all else fails, I hear Phyllis is available, Theo.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Late to the party, but it’s 2020 and we’re still doing the “No one accepts me for being a lying, cheating, gambling alcoholic, let me live, wah!” story for Billy? Really, show? Y’all not even trying in that writers room, huh? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Late to the party, but it’s 2020 and we’re still doing the “No one accepts me for being a lying, cheating, gambling alcoholic, let me live, wah!” story for Billy? Really, show? Y’all not even trying in that writers room, huh? 

Nope 😂

And really, it was only Billy Miller's natural charm that made that particular trope as tolerable as it was a decade ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
50 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Did I dream this?

Was there ever a time that Kyle and Phyllis were sort of a thing?  Like, maybe for a week or something?

There was that time, when Frankenkyle was playing the role, that Phyllis somehow fell off a ladder or chair of something and almost landed on his crotch.  But Kyle sorta gave her the stink eye and the character left town shortly afterwards.  Is that what you remember?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, boes said:

There was that time, when Frankenkyle was playing the role, that Phyllis somehow fell off a ladder or chair of something and almost landed on his crotch.  But Kyle sorta gave her the stink eye and the character left town shortly afterwards.  Is that what you remember?

I didn't remember this until just now! 

I just feel like they had a "thing" that never really was fully realized - thank GOD!  But I sort of remember that it was Kyle who was infatuated with Phyllis at some point, very briefly and it wasn't ever really reciprocated.

I don't know, maybe I'm confusing it with something else.  Or maybe someone here will remember?

*Frankenkyle - love it!!  Perfect name for the actor at that time! He always reminded me of a vampire from Interview with a Vampire!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I didn't remember this until just now! 

I just feel like they had a "thing" that never really was fully realized - thank GOD!  But I sort of remember that it was Kyle who was infatuated with Phyllis at some point, very briefly and it wasn't ever really reciprocated.

I don't know, maybe I'm confusing it with something else.  Or maybe someone here will remember?

*Frankenkyle - love it!!  Perfect name for the actor at that time! He always reminded me of a vampire from Interview with a Vampire!

IIRC, Phyllis was trying to “compromise “ Kyle to break up his relationship with Summer, when she thought they were brother/sister.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8