Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Uh oh.  Mariah thinks Tessa is sleeping with Tanner.  She outright asks her and then hangs up .  And then she goes clubbing, or at least drinking,  with her old friend the new bartender.  For some reason, Theo has got his nose in her business, but I don't see why this would matter to him.

Phyllis is as odious as always.  Abby decides to buy her shares at three times their value.  Phyllis says she will think about it, whilst needling Abby.  Then Abby gets served with a PTSD lawsuit from a hotel guest who was there during the hostage thing.  Right now, Abby doesn't realize it is Phyllis who orchestrated the lawsuit.

Jill tries to give Billy a job at Chancellor but he really doesn't seem to want to work or get his shit together.

I think they unveiled the new Crimson Lights today, but it was very lowkey and I almost missed it.

Edited by bannana
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 2/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, Capricasix said:

I’m really disturbed by this domestic violence storyline, because that’s what it is - an abusive ex violates a restraining order, stalks his ex-partner, and mistakes an innocent bystander for that ex and seriously injures her. It’s a perfect example of toxic masculinity, and it continues to happen far too often. A young woman in my city was recently stabbed to death by her ex-boyfriend, leaving two small children.

Especially since Vic was already a DV victim herself. Nah they'll forget that happened so long ago - more important - how does this effect Billy and Prick

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 2/12/2020 at 7:15 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Rey, I like you. Society needs people like you who are caring and responsible. Not everyone is in your face like Phyllis or Billy for example. You were good with Kyle, showing him restraint but making excellent points. You’re a good partner for Sharon and loving with her children. 

Honest question: has Sharon ever had a good relationship, ever? I remember there was some issue with Jack and Dylan wasn't entirely terrible except for being boring and a little too preachy but Rey has actually been an active net positive and I cannot say that about any other relationship of hers that I can recall. Seems a shame this cancer story is probably a tunnel back into Shick Hell yet again, where Nick will cheat on her yet-fucking-again, because by all rights he seems like a sane person (his thing for Mia aside).

If nothing else, I will be grateful to the current writers for not constantly going back into the bipolar well and letting Sharon be an actual human, not a plot device. Now, if only Shock can die and stay dead. I swear even Ridge and Brooke have had more evolution in their off-and-on relationship than Shick has ever had.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Jill tries to give Billy a job at Chancellor but he really doesn't seem to want to work or get his shit together.

What else is new?

Did Jack fire him from Jabot again, or did he leave in a hissy fit this time?

And is Jill only just extending what I'm sure is a very undeserved position because her favorite son Cane is no longer there for her to pet up?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Did Jack fire him from Jabot again, or did he leave in a hissy fit this time?

And is Jill only just extending what I'm sure is a very undeserved position because her favorite son Cane is no longer there for her to pet up?

I wish I paid closer attention, but I think Billy left Jabot because he wanted to be the real him and not a corporate guy. 

Jill is offering him a job as a lifeline since he is on a path to self-destruction.

11 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Honest question: has Sharon ever had a good relationship, ever?

Her relationship with Dylan was good.  He had to go into witness protection so that he could go fuck up Billy Miller's life on GH.

I remember when she was with Jack and it kind of creeped me out at first, but they ended up being a nice couple who seemed to really respect each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

How about that veterinarian who lived on a ranch out West.  He was good to her.

Sam!  Loved that guy and his golden retriever.  He was a welcome change, at the time, from all the constant Adam drama.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, bannana said:

I wish I paid closer attention, but I think Billy left Jabot because he wanted to be the real him and not a corporate guy. 

Jill is offering him a job as a lifeline since he is on a path to self-destruction.

Her relationship with Dylan was good.  He had to go into witness protection so that he could go fuck up Billy Miller's life on GH.

I remember when she was with Jack and it kind of creeped me out at first, but they ended up being a nice couple who seemed to really respect each other.

Especially when they were gaslighting Gloria.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

It’s always obvious that SC and MTS love working together and I’ve read they are friends behind the scenes. 

MyGod Show get over the obsessions with manboy Billy and Popup Phyllis. Billy is an immature dickhead who is lucky to be a rich guy and Phyl is an exhausting one note. With her swanning around , interfering in EVERYBODY’S storyline like those zits you used to get before a big event as a teen. Those two need to shutup and go away. 
Sharon’s cancer s/l is good so far. I loved it when Noah told her that she was still beautiful and that he wanted to photograph her. Why can’t Noah stay? Can’t we have nice things? Get rid of Philly and keep him. Have his GF come. Young crowd needs to be expanded. 
I want Abby to pound Phyllis into the ground. That’s all.
Banana Breath is gonna dip it into the poison again. Eejit

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 2/26/2020 at 6:52 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

interfering in EVERYBODY’S storyline like those zits you used to get before a big event as a teen.

Ha! I find SyPhylis more like that tenacious little turd that you thought you'd flushed, but next time you walk into the bathroom it's bobbing on the surface waving at you with a little shit smirk like, 'haaaay!' You flush again but nope, it manages to defy gravity all while making you actually hate it even more than you ever thought possible.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

The very best part of yesterday’s CDN show? NO Phyllis. 🤣

Phyllis,  Phyllis, Phyllis  Hmmm.  Is she the one who moves in fast motion whenever I press the FF button?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Yes, Marla was fabulous with Jack and Ash. 
I will be very sad to lose this talented woman. 

These were great scenes, but they made me miss Tracy. Seriously, can the show not afford to have all the Abbots on the canvas at the same time? I have a solution, send Billy off screen, for a long time, to find himself. And maybe even have him eventually return in the guise of Billy Miller.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, bc1795 said:

Phyllis,  Phyllis, Phyllis  Hmmm.  Is she the one who moves in fast motion whenever I press the FF button?

occasionaly hit pause - she is always caught with some weird expression.

Clo can't pop until either Adam or Billy is there to deliver it

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, spinxella said:

Really, Show?  At this point, they should be shedding body parts as well as all the dead skin they're sloughing off.

giphy.gif

Febreze doesn't make a spray strong enough.  They'll NEVER get the stink out now!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Don't they know the only couple who can fuck on a couch are Billy and Mop. It's the only thing they had going for them! True they sometimes slipped behind the cushions with the spare change and the odd cheeto, but....

Being that narrow has to count for something.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, spinxella said:

I hate that these two are hooking up, but I laughed when I saw this.  Even in a love scene, Phyllis is all gangly armed and slithery.  Her hand in the bottom left picture looks like a meat claw!

Not a fan of this, at all. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

I remember Josh Morrow used to say he loved loved loved working with Michelle S.  So.  I am guessing the writers are indulging both actors.  If I were Nick I would not want to be sucked into her romantic orbit because she is a scene killer.  If Nick must have a partner, why not Amanda/Hillary?  She can play vixen-ish without making viewers go ewwwww.  That would have the added plus of a romantic pairing coming from out-of-nowhere.  Viewers could get invested in the unexpected-ness.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I hate that these two are hooking up, but I laughed when I saw this.  Even in a love scene, Phyllis is all gangly armed and slithery.  Her hand in the bottom left picture looks like a meat claw!

Not a fan of this, at all.

Was there anything to be a fan of yesterday?

If so, try as I might, I can't think of anything:

Howling Wind Sound FX:

1. Boring Kyle/Greaseball/Girlz at Society--save me, Lord--that's not a storyline [and neither is Greasolio and Lola tempting each other with "woulda" stories]
  2. Abby/NotaChance at the Hotel of Mysterious Power Sources--also not a story--do I care about pursuit of an audio file? Nah
  3. Phyllis/Nick, Various Food Sources, and so on--no, never, not

Were those the menu items? If so, I think I'll dine in Salem if you don't mind.

ETA: it's extremely rare for there to be thunder with epic snowstorms. That's how bored I was.

Edited by pearlite
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Was there anything to be a fan of yesterday?

If so, try as I might, I can't think of anything:

Howling Wind Sound FX:

1. Boring Kyle/Greaseball/Girlz at Society--save me, Lord--that's not a storyline [and neither is Greasolio and Lola tempting each other with "woulda" stories]
  2. Abby/NotaChance at the Hotel of Mysterious Power Sources--also not a story--do I care about pursuit of an audio file? Nah
  3. Phyllis/Nick, Various Food Sources, and so on--no, never, not

Were those the menu items? If so, I think I'll dine in Salem if you don't mind.

ETA: it's extremely rare for there to be thunder with epic snowstorms. That's how bored I was.

This is why I enjoy the show - after all the fast forwarding it only takes about 14 minutes to watch the whole episode. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, pearlite said:

Howling Wind Sound FX:

I just finished watching the episode.  And came right here to ask if any of you have heard constant wind like that!  I live in the U.S., and yes, we get windy, we have hurricanes where I live.  But Lord!  That constant wind in every scene!! Do these folks have air gaps in their windows?  The way that wind was whistling through, it sounded like they had 1940's windows!  Uncaulked!

And there WAS way too much thunder snow, too.

So, yes, I was bored like you were!

2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Amanda has terrible taste in men. 

Amanda has terrible taste in men and in friends.

The only two people who can stand the sight of her are Billy and Phyllis.

With friends like them, who needs enemies to stick around in Genoa City?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I love the scenes between Nikki and Sharon. While it might seem out of character for them to bond, I'm glad that they do. 

I enjoyed Billy and Ashley's scenes. 

I hope they put Victoria in therapy to deal with all her PTSD. It might not be the most riveting thing to watch but now that they've said PTSD, I think it would be irresponsible for them to not treat it, or to say that Victoria is okay after a bunch of naps and a vitamin-infused smoothie.

Adam and Chelsea continue to bore me.

Chance and Abby = blech. I only hope that they get one over on Phyllis because I dislike her more.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7