Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

The PB episode today was full of awesome flashbacks about Jack, Victor, Jill and Nikki. The golden days of the show IMO. 

Jack getting teary eyed with his family at the end was beautifully done. Some may think it was corny but I thought it was more about PB’s feelings. It was easy to choke  up while watching. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

The PB episode today was full of awesome flashbacks about Jack, Victor, Jill and Nikki. The golden days of the show IMO. 

Jack getting teary eyed with his family at the end was beautifully done. Some may think it was corny but I thought it was more about PB’s feelings. It was easy to choke  up while watching. 

I really enjoyed it, especially cause I was not watching all that regularly back then.  I loved those old scenes.  They included the recent crap with Ashley, which we didn't need to see again, but I get why they included it.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I really enjoyed it, especially cause I was not watching all that regularly back then.  I loved those old scenes.  They included the recent crap with Ashley, which we didn't need to see again, but I get why they included it.

For me, it was the first episode in a long time that I've enjoyed. Funny thing, the lighting was so much better in the clips from the decades before HD. There's no reason for this to be the case--lighting's lighting, no matter how many pixels are involved.

• Love 11

One reason I miss the GCAC set, is because the darkness of it was one of the only reminders of the moody, dark lighting Y&R was known for back when I watched as a teen with my grandmother. 

The only remnant of that around anymore is maybe that 80s looking lobby of Jabot? I don't like that set really, but it is a vintage Y&R hold-over that's still in use.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

One reason I miss the GCAC set, is because the darkness of it was one of the only reminders of the moody, dark lighting Y&R was known for back when I watched as a teen with my grandmother. 

The only remnant of that around anymore is maybe that 80s looking lobby of Jabot? I don't like that set really, but it is a vintage Y&R remnant that's still in use.

I just liked your comment about grandmas and associating certain aspects of the show to things you hold dear. It’s so true you grow up with soaps and certain ones hold a value with you to you family members or coming of age. I hate what they’ve done to Y&R it used to be the classiest soap and enviable people. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

In all the flashbacks and mentions of Abbott family members, did the name Keemo come up at all?

I was actually thinking about that while watching it.  It was a glaring omission.  I guess they are really pretending he didn't exist.  That's not even necessary, he could just be living his life on another continent.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, bannana said:

I was actually thinking about that while watching it.  It was a glaring omission.  I guess they are really pretending he didn't exist.  That's not even necessary, he could just be living his life on another continent.

Right? It's one of the s/l's I remember my grandma really liking.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Well, Ashley's on a different continent .   !!!!

And ButtBiscuit has been on a different planet for YEARS and it hasn't affected story for him.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Really? Why?

If I remember well, PB felt that the storyline came out of left field and that it was not in Jack’s character.

I think he talked about it in more detail in an interview he did recently on Alec Baldwin’s podcast.

Below is a quote from the following article: https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/news/2013/0403-bergman.php

Bergman does remember a storyline that still makes him cringe. They decided Jack had served in Viet Nam, sired a child he did not know about, and his now-grown son, Keemo, came to town. "Whenever I am displeased with a storyline, all I have to do is think 'Keemo,' and I realize how bad things could get," Bergman explains.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I remember that story line with Kemoo just showing up as this long lost son of Jack. I also remember thinking “HUH?” Why? This does not compute.  This story line was out of the blue, embarrassing, did not advance Y&R in any way. I do wish TPTB would have hired me to write for them back then. They might not be in the dumps as they are now if they had

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

If I remember well, PB felt that the storyline came out of left field and that it was not in Jack’s character.

Exactly. They just introduced the fact that Jack was a veteran/soldier out of the blue to introduce his long-lost son. They could have introduced Keemo but changed the circumstances like Playboy Jack went overseas for some business for Jabot and got together with the daughter of business/client vendor. He would have left not knowing that she got pregnant and her family threw her out as a result. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

So Colin cooked up the whole scam, and now he's saying that Cane was in on it, and especially that Cane found Amanda, and that he paid off the expert who authenticated the pages.  Cane insists that he is innocent.  Jill doesn't know what to believe.

Colin also emptied Cane's bank account.  At the end he runs off, with Cane and Chance pursuing him. 

christina aguilera nobody cares GIF

Who were those two women hotel guests? I assume they are from some reality show?  Y/R should stay away from camp and/or comedy.  It was really bad.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, bannana said:

Who were those two women hotel guests? I assume they are from some reality show?  Y/R should stay away from camp and/or comedy.  It was really bad.

Cane & Colin plus those two women were some of the worst acting I've seen on this show.  Not funny, just annoying.

• Love 13

What am I watching? Who are these two bitches and why can't they act? Colin is an idiot. Between the two shrill wrenches, Colin running away, and Jill not knowing who to believe, I want to cut a bitch. 

Oh, and I'm supposed to believe Dumb and Dumber have Cleopatra's actual jewels and they were stolen? Bitch please. You're no billionaire. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

So Colin escaped and has the money!?  WTF is the point of this storyline?

I liked Chance's line that everyone crosses the street to avoid interacting with Phylthy.  She was particularly oozy today.  

no thank you ugh GIF by A24

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Please enlighten me.  Why does Chance call Jill 'Grandma'.  I wasn't watching the show years ago, so I didn't know Jill had more than one son, Billy.  

Philip Chancellor II, who was Katherine's husband, had an affair with and subsequently married Jill Foster, who was the daughter of Katherine's good friend and former housekeeper? to Katherine.  Katherine befriended Jill, Jill got frisky with Katherine's husband as Katherine got drunker and hijinks insued.

Jill had his son, also called Philip Chancellor after his father, he was Philip Chancellor III.  Lots of drama as he grew up.  He married Nina, they had Chance - real name Philip Chancellor IV - and then Philip faked his own death because he was gay and had to get the hell away from Genoa City and the nutjobs in his family, my interpretation. 

Then for a while Jill was believed to be Katherine's daughter so that made Chance Katherine's great grandson, then that turned out not to be true, MORE hijinks ensue, Cane Ashby shows up impersonating the "dead" Philip Chancellor III, that turns out not to true, again, hijinks,.........

Aren't you glad you asked?

So anyway, Jill had Philip III, who fathered Chance, which is why he calls Jill Gramma.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 11/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, boes said:

MORE hijinks ensue

I love this!   A fave phrase of mine

So I am not sure where we are anymore with all of the preemptions.  I saw Stepford Drinki and Pricktor enjoy Thanksgiving with their adult children.  Their grandchildren were out of sight playing in the stables and then the pinball machine room.  Show doesn't have enough money to show the grandchildren once a year.

But I was sure I saw previews about the Abbott family Thanksgiving but I never got that episode.   It included Dina and Ashley.  So were those previews bs, or did I somehow miss an ep?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Victoria gets all conspiratorial and spooked out when the lights go out due to a storm, yet misses all cues when it comes to her boyfriend's  mental health issues.........said boyfriend has now quit his job to do "what?"

"What?" is anybody's guess!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

When Rey asked for a letter opener, I was hoping Victoria would look on her desk and then remember the last place she saw it, and march over to pull it out of Victor's portrait.  Please, writers, we need a bit of humour.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 11/30/2019 at 7:24 AM, Capricasix said:

Those Abbott previews looked so much like PB’s 30th-anniversary episode that I thought they were the same!

I took the time to go back and they were from that ep. What kind of fuckery is that?  

Today was torture, Phyllis and Dickolas. And Billy.  And Chelz and Adam.  Oh, wait, what part of this show do I actually like? 

george costanza nothing GIF

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

So he'll have more time to seduce Lola and break up her and Kyle.

I’m looking for the puking emoji. I suppose the silver lining, if this comes to pass, is that all of the characters I find so boring will still be confined to a single storyline that I can ignore. It’s a shame that it’s all so predictable, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Are you serious?  Or are you joking?  I haven't seen a new episode since Tuesday.  Yesterday was more impeachment hearing.

The online site I use had a new episode.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, boes said:

The online site I use had a new episode.

As we did in TO. Mind you, lately just staying awake, even through an FF'd episode can be a bit of a struggle. It's all chat and re-chat.

To wit:

1. Aww, Phyllis, shut up. Broken record
  2. Yup, Sharon, nothin' the matter with that horrible whiny child having a possessed-sounding mantra. Nothin' at all. Those psych degrees really doing you justice.
  3. Oh, not again, part 1: Chelsea/Adam/Nick
  4. That horrible child--surely someone remembers that apartment building has airshafts?
  5. Oh, not again, part 2: Phyllis/Nick rehash [see above]
  6. Devon, you deserve better, and using Nick as a sounding-board may result in an echo
  7. Nate, see item 1
  8. Abby dearest, you know I'm kind of fond of you. So let's pretend this will be one of those "Who framed who?" storylines, and not one of those dated "What I won't do for attention from a man" thingies
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Abby dearest, you know I'm kind of fond of you. So let's pretend this will be one of those "Who framed who?" storylines, and not one of those dated "What I won't do for attention from a man" thingies

Do you think Abby was doing all those burglaries to she’d have excuses to keep talking to Chance? If so what a LOSER! giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2911b7ed2f818dfd8c8d

Connor’s acting sucks and he’s a little sociopath, I don’t care and I’m tired of his dumb shit being a front burner show eating story. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, pearlite said:
  1. Devon, you deserve better, and using Nick as a sounding-board may result in an echo.

This cracked me up!

I started off liking Connor. I think he's cute and was a good actor. But he's really annoying me now. Everything that comes out if his mouth is whiney and stupid.  I blame the writers more than the child but oh my God. Can't Chelsea and Adam just leave him on a fire station's doorstep with a note pinned to his chest?

So Abby is the thief? 

I don't care about Devon. You can bitch all you want, but you were the dumbass who gave away his whole fortune based on one opinion. At the very least he could have just given Cane 1 billion and told him to fuck off. It's what I would have done. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

don't care about Devon. You can bitch all you want, but you were the dumbass who gave away his whole fortune based on one opinion. At the very least he could have just given Cane 1 billion and told him to fuck off. It's what I would have done.

You can't be a doormat unless you lie down.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Are you serious?  Or are you joking?  I haven't seen a new episode since Tuesday.  Yesterday was more impeachment hearing.

Abby and Chance bumped into each other in the last scene. Her purse spilled onto the floor and the jewelry fell out, almost at Chance’s feet.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Abby and Chance bumped into each other in the last scene. Her purse spilled onto the floor and the jewelry fell out, almost at Chance’s feet.

Was it Cleopatra's jewelry? Fella could have quite a weekend in Vegas on that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1