Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Not buying Abby’s story that she made the fake thefts and hired these actors and shit just to get rid of Phyllis. Honey you could fire her at any time no need to spend all that money and theater productions to do so. She’s looking like a desperado and “pick me” over a guy who has a pretty sour demeanor that isn’t especially good looking. 

I hate Phyllis and Summer but Summer can be quite bitchy when speaking to her mom. I think this must be a writer thing because besides Summer talking to her mom like she’s a Lego she stepped on or throwing shit in her face, Kyle’s been disrespectful verbally to Jack. I also liked how Dummer told Mariah she had feelings too. 

I think Devon’s gonna bang Hilary’s twin. When Elena asked if he was attracted to her he vehemently said NO no way no never. Dude she is identical to your love of your life, a more honest answer would be physically yes because of just the resemblance to someone who was dear to me, but I’m in love and not only crazy about you physically but love and respect our commitment. When a person when asked about feelings for a person outside their relationship shouts how unattractive over and over that person is, sometimes they mean the opposite or even are already cheating w them. 

• Love 7
On 12/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, Petunia13 said:

When a person when asked about feelings for a person outside their relationship shouts how unattractive over and over that person is, sometimes they mean the opposite or even are already cheating w them. 

Heh, so true.  We used to say, the farther they jumped back in horror at the mention of the person, the more they liked him/her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I am so confused by this pathetic Billy the gum chewer, who also seems to be playing a gumshoe or a mook or just a guy in a bad, not so noir, film.  Didn't we exorcize him a couple of months ago in a truly laugh-inducing episode?  

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Kardashian GIF by E!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

So Adam sees Phyllis flirting and all over Nick at Society.  He later approached her to hit on Nick so they could split up Nick and Chelz.  Phyllis was OUTRAGED and INSULTED!  And she told him he would pay for this, big time.

But doesn't she really want Chelz and Nick to split up?  And hasn't she been all over Nick every chance she gets?

200.gif

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I hope Theo has come up with an emoji for JaBullshit because I sure could use it to slap on today's edition of "The Decline and Fall of the Young and the Restless".

We got to hear ventriloquist ButtBiscuit talking out of his ass AGAIN, and AGAIN, it was all about how the people who love and support him no matter what, don't love and support him no matter what, the right way.  

giphy.gif

He is right, of course, they all DO keep expecting him to not act like a bottom-feeding, dimwitted emotional vampire who has zero appreciation for all the things that have been literally handed to him.  I'm hoping the next thing that is handed to him is instead shoved, with both hands, up those enormous blowholes and into the empty space in his bullet-shaped cranium.

Any chance Noah can come home for Christmas and practice his parking skills on ButtBiscuit's head?

One more thing.  ButtBiscuit just spent the day shelling and eating peanuts, drinking cheap beer and whiskey and Victoria can't smell it on him?  Hmmm.....maybe he's always smelled like lost hope and jock itch?

I had to turn away from the screen there for a while, when the Glory that is Elena and Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate appeared!  Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of Blowhards, I guess that must be it.  I'm glad Elena stopped for coffee after she browbeat Devon at home, and she got to help puff up Nate's over-inflated ego as well.  I see Show kept to the schedule, though, and made Devon apologize to Elena the day after he had the utter audacity to have a feeling that neither she nor Nate had pre-approved.  

It would be such a shame if they both fell into a deep hole and were never heard from again but I think Devon would be okay and I KNOW I would be.  I wonder, though, if Devon continues to disappoint Elena by not slavishly anticipating what she wants him to feel and think if she'll pay him back for the student loans he paid off?  

So Dummer is either giving Kyle her sexy googly eyes or, she has a pink eye infection, I can't decide which.  Both look so good on her.  

Theo annoys me just sitting at a table and eating.  Or breathing......

I used to like Lola, a lot.  Emphasis on "used to".  (I want to like her again but Show is making that really hard these days)

Abby, for no really good reason that I can remember, I like you and I still WANT to like you.  But today, with both Nate and Devon, there was far too much of this....

giphy.gif

NuNotChance isn't worth losing whatever brain cells still remain.  He's just not.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, boes said:

One more thing.  ButtBiscuit just spent the day shelling and eating peanuts, drinking cheap beer and whiskey and Victoria can't smell it on him? 

HaHa!!!  I had the exact same thought. He would reek after hanging out in that bar.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I can't believe we got a GCAC mention. And a Danny Romalotti mention. Wow, miracles do happen. 

I didn't need to see Abby blowing smoke up Nate's ass about how awesome he is. 

I'm so sick of the Billy voice-overs. Shut up, Billy. 

• Love 13

Billy Boy is working my last nerve. GO BACK TO THERAPY!!

I liked Summer's earrings and I loved the purple on Nikki.

So show mentioned that Faith is coming home from boarding school next week, I hope they will actually show the actress. Also, I miss Noah. 

• Love 11
On 12/17/2019 at 3:39 PM, Sarah Heart said:

I love Phyllis and Nick as friends, they are at such ease with one another, 

How can you tell, when MS  vamps at every utterance that comes out of her mouth?

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bc1795 said:

How can you tell, when MS  vamps at every utterance that comes out of her mouth?

Is THAT the orifice she talks out of?  I could have sworn she was always talking out of her .......

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I must be feeling sentimental. It’s the only reason I can think of to explain why I felt teary when I watched nu-Fen thank his parents for their support and unconditional love on CDN 12/24 episode. It was so nice to see. I like Michael and Lauren as parents.

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 7

That was actually a really lovely Christmas episode. We got another Ninia mention (she's in LA and Chance is visiting her.)

Fen is back and he didn't annoy me, so merry Christmas to me, heh. 

Ashley is back and her hair actually looks natural and makes her look much younger so good for her. 

But my absolute favourite part was having Dina at the Abbott house and Tracey singing to her. I had never heard Tracey sing before, she had a lovely voice. 

I could have done without the Billy crap but at least he didn't run out to see Amanda at the end. And, we finally got confirmation that he really does have a new job. I had my doubts for the longest time so this at least answered one question. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, jewel21 said:

That was actually a really lovely Christmas episode. We got another Ninia mention (she's in LA and Chance is visiting her.)

Fen is back and he didn't annoy me, so merry Christmas to me, heh. 

Ashley is back and her hair actually looks natural and makes her look much younger so good for her. 

But my absolute favourite part was having Dina at the Abbott house and Tracey singing to her. I had never heard Tracey sing before, she had a lovely voice. 

I could have done without the Billy crap but at least he didn't run out to see Amanda at the end. And, we finally got confirmation that he really does have a new job. I had my doubts for the longest time so this at least answered one question. 

I was absolutely convinced that Billy didn't actually have a job, so that was a shock.  Not sure why he couldn't have done his wheeling and dealing on the phone in the Newman jet or in Telluride.  I really want to shoot that voice in his head (sorry, not very much in the spirit of the season, is that!)

I am so relieved that ED finally changed that hair colour.  Oy.  One doesn't have to look like a real housewife of wherever at all.  She looks way better, and younger.

At first, when Tracy started singing, I was surprised, but then I had to go to my memory bank.  Didn't she sing and perform alongside Danny and Lauren at one point?  It was beautiful to hear her sing and surprising.

I agree, a lovely Christmas ep.

Young And Restless Hug GIF by CBS

• Love 14

Oh, and Phyllis really wanted to out Adam to Nick, didn't she?  She kept saying she didn't want to say a thing and then it suddenly tumbled out of her mouth.  But the best thing was when even she could see that Nick was questioning her motives.

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Wow, they go from a truly great Christmas episode yesterday to whatever this mind-numbing nonsense was.

And I am so tired and disgusted by Pricktor calling Nikki "my baby" every other sentence. It makes me want to hurl.

It was nice to see Nikki in riding clothes though! 

shake it dancing GIF by FEI Global

• Love 10

Lemme get this straight. They held off taking a frozen unconscious kitten to emergency care cuz of Connor’s whining? These two adults, who are supposed to be shrewd, need to stop deferring their every action to this complaining wuss little boy. 

They act like he’s the parent or something and he goes on a bitch tear or cry baby meltdown constantly

• Love 13

Arguably one of the worst "Christmas episodes" of any soap I've ever seen.

It was fragmented--oops, Pharoah's daughter/Nikki? A baby in the stables in a Moses basket? Wrong part of the bible--is close enough good enough?

Who actually cares about Tessa and Mariah finding a bag o' gifts? And having to deliver some incredibly stupid dialogue?

And don't even mention the kitten being stuck with Hellchild and the parents! I will not watch sad animal stories, even when they're this fake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Lemme get this straight. They held off taking a frozen unconscious kitten to emergency care cuz of Connor’s whining? These two adults, who are supposed to be shrewd, need to stop deferring their every action to this complaining wuss little boy. 

They act like he’s the parent or something and he goes on a bitch tear or cry baby meltdown constantly

Yeah, I kept thinking, you are the parents, this is when you teach your whiney self-centred kid that it is not about him.  And get that kitty to the vet!

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yeah, I kept thinking, you are the parents, this is when you teach your whiney self-centred kid that it is not about him.  And get that kitty to the vet!

it would be about connor's speed to throw poor kitty in the nuker to warm it up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Watching Connor with the kitten made me uncomfortable. I don't trust that kid with animals. I fear for its safety. He already locked Christian in the garage because he was 'annoying' or was it 'whiny?' Pot meet kettle. 

Mariah was really mean to whatshisface. I'm actually really blanking on his name. It's Christmas, Mariah. You can be mean to him tomorrow. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, bannana said:

Yeah that was dumb af and didn’t endear me to that brat at all. I would have told him to shut up and the lesson the world and rl isn’t catering to him, there are things suffering worse than he goes through. Sent that frozen half dead baby cat to the ER w Adam then, on my own simultaneously scouting the park for other litter mates and the momma. 

It’s peculiar how much these two adult parents who are constantly said in dialogue are “smart” but on pins in needles and edge pleasing this very young whining son’s every whimsy. They act like there’s hell to pay if they watch the wrong video or serve him spaghetti instead of buttered noodles for dinner. And he acts it’s a crisis and owed something literally ever situation. Is he that kid from the Twilight Zone who could destroy people with his mind that all the adults shit their pants around and lived without free will, “It’s a Good Life” ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I love the color Phyllis  wore today, and seeing her with Jack, I'm glad she admitted  she was horrible  to him. They make good friends. Come on smiling Jack, you need a lady friend  darlin 

God Abby( she also worse something  nice today, color and style) but she's all over Chance, who has a strange shaped head. She never gives her guys, a chance to breathe. Kyle,Summer, Lola and Theo, =  blah blah blah.

Chelsea rushes over to give Adam hell, he tells her he loves her, guess he forgot about Sharon.

but why do they keep dressing phyllis up in table cloths? ms loves to strut her stuff, she can't be liking that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Lordy, you're an attentive lot!

I found the episode incredibly dull--just a series of not-too-stimulating conversations. I'll tolerate most scenes with PB and at least he and Stafford are sort of at ease with each other. But migawd, the rest of the episode...

1. round 512 of Kyle vs Theo: with Lola's timely takeout--the straighten up and fly right's getting old--but wait, more threats of NYC material--dare I hope for some, uh, stolen moments?
  2. Abby, Abby, Abby, you know I'm fond of MO as an actress, but the crap they're sticking you with? With WeaselFace NotaChance? And BTW, I hated her dress.
  3. and you didn't get enough of Adam's narcissism in 2019? Well, you're getting a steaming bowl of it to see you through to a new decade. Yes, Adam, the world does revolve around you. And editorial comment--M Grossman can't acr for shit.
  4. finally, it's hard to mess up a Jill redux, but they've managed to. Reporting on a mercifully absent Cane globe-trotting in lukewarm pursuit of Colin?
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

At least she's not wearing a spray tan, take note Malibu sharon..lol

I'm pretty sure Phyllis picks up her rosy glow from sitting around Satan's lap pool.  She KNOWS people, ya know?

57 minutes ago, pearlite said:
  1. and you didn't get enough of Adam's narcissism in 2019? Well, you're getting a steaming bowl of it to see you through to a new decade. Yes, Adam, the world does revolve around you. And editorial comment--M Grossman can't acr for shit.

Ain't that the truth?  For a long time I wasn't sure, but finally it got through my granite skull that his constant monotone wasn't due to the situation, it was because that's all he's got.  He switches his romantic obsession from whatever woman he feels he can't live without that particular day with the same dead-eyed intonation and robotic voice that he uses to threaten people.  Oh be still my heart.....

Chelsea gasps and flutters and with Adam, you need to check to see if he has a pulse.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Billy is working my last nerve. Stop being a screwup, geez. It’s really not that hard, dude. Start by going to therapy.

Was Nick’s birthday always on New Year’s Eve and if so, why do I have no recollection of this? Also, it was nice to see a Faith again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Billy is working my last nerve.

I keep thinking there must have been worse story-lines than this (reliquary, anyone), but I just laugh at this "true Billy" voiceover we keep getting.  I feel genuinely bad for the actor.

Oh, and, nice try Show.  First we see Phyllis with Jack and now with Nick.  And she was wounded by Adam.

It doesn't change what a horrible and unlikable character she is, especially as portrayed by the Staph.

• Love 16

It doesn't change what a horrible and unlikable character she is, especially as portrayed by the Staph.

i agree. the way she slithers up to people would give me the heebeejeebies. i could not get away from her fast enough and it makes me lose total respect for the men on show that they act the least bit receptive to it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

The NYE party for the Newmans and the Abbots was today at Society.

• How is Abby going to ever make money if she keeps closing her restaurant for private family functions?  NYE is a big money-maker for restaurants.
  • Phyllis was actually repulsive today.  Often I don't really watch, I am usually doing other things.  Today I watched and the Staph has really lost her mind with this portrayal of Phyllis.  I don't even know what to compare it to.  I don't think I have ever seen anything this appalling. She's not a femme fatale, she is like an alien being from some other world.
  • This Billy stuff is painful to watch.  The dialogue is painful to listen to.  Please Noah, come back, and run over your uncle again for us.
  • So Prick and Jack really are friends now?  Finishing each other's sentence during the toast.  And Jack toasting the great love story that is Prick and Drinkki! Abusive overlord and Stepford wife.🙄

So Dickolas decides that Chelz really wants to be with Adam, lovingly dumps her on NYE and she is in Adam's arms before the ball drops.  We don't even get her screwing around Dickolas, and then trying to hide it from him before he unceremoniously dumps her and humiliates her in front of everyone at some future family event?

sad lisa simpson GIF

• Love 13

Phyllis' boobs. There was so much of them. How on earth was MS not terrified they would come flying out of the gaps in her dress? I was both terrified and riveted to her chest.

Chelsea was all protesting to Nick at first about breaking up and then, suddenly was like thanks for being a good person, ciao! And two seconds later she was smiling and holding hands with Adam. Grrr, now Connor is going to be over the moon and that irks me, heh. 

Noah really does need to come back and run over Billy's head. Maybe if we put our powers together we can make it happen, Bannana. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Phyllis' boobs. There was so much of them. How on earth was MS not terrified they would come flying out of the gabs in her dress? I was both terrified and riveted to her chest.

Chelsea was all protesting to Nick at first about breaking up and then, suddenly was like thanks for being a good person, ciao! And two seconds later she was smiling and holding hands with Adam. Grrr, now Connor is going to be over the moon and that irks me, heh. 

Noah really does need to come back and run over Billy's head. Maybe if we put our powers together we can make it happen, Bannana. 

no worries - she puts tube socks on them if her danglers try to make a brake for it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

It's time that Phyl not wear clothes that show her cooter.  Those slits all the way up to her cash and prizes are way too much.  I don't so much care about her sagging mammaries flopping out, but keep the cooter covered.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1