Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I still am struggling with Theo being Dina's grandson. I could buy him as a great-grandson, but not a grandson.

Granted, I do not have any first-hand experience with people experiencing dementia but it felt cruel to me to tell Dina that Theo was Eric instead of who he is. Won't that become even more confusing if Dina has a more lucid moment?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catalogrrr said:

I still am struggling with Theo being Dina's grandson. I could buy him as a great-grandson, but not a grandson.

Granted, I do not have any first-hand experience with people experiencing dementia but it felt cruel to me to tell Dina that Theo was Eric instead of who he is. Won't that become even more confusing if Dina has a more lucid moment?

You have to go along with whatever particular delusion they have that day. Trust me, my dad can't remember any conversation if it happened more than five minutes ago. I don't think Jack should have brought Dina around for Theo because it's stressful for people with dementia to have to deal with family drama.

• Love 9

Well okay, folks--let's do the time warp again...

Why you say? Listen to Rey's convo with Sharon--"you're nearly finished your Masters--you've been working so hard..."

I'll just assume Sharon got that expandable/contractable degree from postgradcooters/com.

Mind you, that was probably the high point of the episode, anniversary gals or not.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the handsomeness that is Peter Bergman today? The blue pinstriped shirt with the blue-grey tie and pocket poof made his baby blues look gorgeous! 😍

Not quite sure what to make of Theo right now. 

Kyle should NOT listen to Nostrils about anything. 

• Love 19
On 11/5/2019 at 2:59 AM, catalogrrr said:

I'm not sure why you think that. Tyler Johnson who plays Theo is 33 (and couldn't pass for under 30) while Marla Adams who plays Dina is 81. That's only 48 years between them; which is about right for a two-generation gap and not a three-generation one. (I'm the eldest grandchild and both my grandmothers, who admittedly became parents in their mid-20s rather than late teens, were both over 60 when I was born.) 

Yes Dina had Eric at 18 or thereabouts, but Eric and Eric's child (Theo's hypothetical parent) would also have had to be teen parents for Theo to be Dina's great-grandson. It's perfectly plausible that Eric had Theo when he was about 30. 

• Love 7

Billy giving Kyle advice. Two adult men and corporate dudes who pull tantrums and are literal fuckbois spewing wisdom. They both fucked Summer when their ships were on the rocks recently too. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290dd0bac4fd2493aecc

Theo’s looking a little fat. I’m tired of Lola’s permanent/tattooed makeup. Her face is as square & LEGO-ish as Kyle’s but could be pretty if her makeup and hair color and cut was softened. I’m tired of seeing her Dr Spock chefs coat esp when she wears her long hair loose. 

Jack is looking phenomenal and arguably better than Theo and Kyle. Keeping it tight and right. He had some abs and biceps in his love scene w Kerry that went unnoticed. Nikki looked beautiful too. 

Show was stupid saying Theo represented the top social media influencers and name dropped Jenna Marbles and Blonde Salad and people like David Dobrik I wouldn’t blame all their asses for firing him for dicking around in GC and following Summer and Kyle around instead and squandering his 15% of millions. 

Is Billy following Mop around and sniffing her and begging for sex a story? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2019 at 3:52 PM, Sarah Heart said:

Is Theo being genuine, or a genuine @ss.?

Is this a rhetorical question?

2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

NuChance debuted today in the last couple of minutes on the show by punching Cane right in the mouth. 🤣🤣

Oh snap! Tomorrow will be worth watching for this!

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I've never like Cane, the character  or the actor himself. He had no chemistry  with Lilly,  I wondered how he managed to stay so long.

I never thought he was a half-way decent actor. His idea of acting was whispering, rubbing his face, simpering and smirking. I could barely even understand what he was saying most of the time. I’m really glad he’s gone and won’t miss him one tiny bit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
23 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I still remember the day Billy Miller’s Billy socked Cane right in the chops. I believe it was right after the faux Philip grift was discovered. I guess Cane’s leaving the way he came in, smarmily sponging off the Chancellor family

Let's also not forget that around this same time, despite spending the previous 6 to 7 months all but resenting Chloe forgetting knocked with a baby that he knew was not his, he was still trying to claim custody of baby Delia....while reuniting with Lily, I might add. It's honestly been downhill with Cane after that for me.

As much as Lily annoyed me, she deserved better than this chump and I'm glad that Neil's last words to him in that will were a much needed drag.Neil's sanctimony was well earned. I look forward to a recast and a Lily that can mix it up with other people.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, crowsworks said:

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum/daytime-drama-series-soap-operas/the-young-and-the-restless/2691921-friday-canadian-monday-us

seems like villan will menace - Adam will act butch and heroic - Connor will finger his Chekov's pocket knife - Chance will seem snarky and virile - Chels will, at some point gasp - Phyl will flap -  and Abby will totter around like Lemu.

From the spoiler: 

Newman's
Nick assumes he heard he's running for public office. Victor comments on his not using the family name, asks if he's ashamed of it. Nick says he's proud of the name, just wants to do it on his own. Victor wants to ensure he achieves all that he's capable of. Nikki comes home and Nick leaves prep for the debate

So Nick isn't running as Nick Newman? Is he using one name like Cher or Madonna?

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

From the spoiler: 

Newman's
Nick assumes he heard he's running for public office. Victor comments on his not using the family name, asks if he's ashamed of it. Nick says he's proud of the name, just wants to do it on his own. Victor wants to ensure he achieves all that he's capable of. Nikki comes home and Nick leaves prep for the debate

So Nick isn't running as Nick Newman? Is he using one name like Cher or Madonna?

I'm wondering the same thing.  Maybe he's assumed a super hero name, such as The Skidmark Kid, PocketPooler, or wants to be known simply by his talent as the Poop Tosser King?  

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

Didn't Nikki's run for political office become the catalyst for once of her and Victor's divorces? I remember that was a huge thing as she ran against Jack and Victor got pussy and tried to snow her in the divorce because of it. 

If I were Nick, I wouldn't want Victor involved, either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Okay, that was hilarious!  Abby has a freak out as a distraction for the cops, she could have gotten herself shot!  Great plan.  And I really like this Chance but him falling through the ceiling could have gone so so wrong with a guy waving a gun and a little kid right there.

dave ramsey no GIF by Ramsey Solutions

• Love 7

I really liked this (more or less) one location episode. The stakes were high. It was mostly well acted. There was very little monotone Nick. NuChance got his Ethan Hunt on by crawling through sparkling clean duct work. Simon (or as I like to call him, NotGHCarrrrrrrlos) got to twirl his mustache. Conor said very little. There was much to like.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 11/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, peacheslatour said:

From the spoiler: 

Newman's

IT'S NICK!

• LOL 7

A city council member doesn’t have nearly the amount of power Show portrays. Even Aldermen in Chicago who had more influence couldn’t rewrite the fabric of an entire city. 

Also it’s a bad look CaveNick keeps droning on about the poverty problem and downtrodden in GC when literally every main character is a billionaire or millionaire. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Michelle Stafford is going to drive me away from this show with her self indulgent over-acting.

The struggle is REAL. This twat thinks her shit don't stink and she sidles up to everything with a penis and just oooooozes her demented 'sexuality' schtick so hard that she leaves a slime trail in her wake. Enough of this dumb bitch, we don't need this character at all.

• Love 8

Our episode was interrupted by those stupid hearings today but I’m glad I missed any sightings of Phyllis. She is so over the top, hungry for attention from any man on the planet and makes me want to hurl. 

• Love 4

Why are Billy, Mop, and his therapist so mystified why he has control issues and anger at work when it’s high key obvious he is competing w or feeling ineffectual compared to Mop running Newman. 

I hate Gaspy and her grunting Neanderthal who capes for her named Nick. I don’t like the whining brat Connor and the acting on him is atrocious. None of that is story or interesting. 

If GaspyCon, Nick, Lola, Kyle, Connor, Phyllis, Cane, and Rey were written off next week I’d be completely fine. The plots are so boring on this soap compared to Days and B&B and most front burner characters are so unlikable. RN I only like Jack, Traci, Mariah, and Devon 👀 That’s not good sign. And all plots are Snoresville.

Phyllis flirting w Chance is cringeworthy not because of her age but the whispering and thirst of it all. Next time he drop from a ceiling I expect it to flee from her. I know I would. 

• Love 11
On 11/14/2019 at 9:10 PM, gingerella said:

The struggle is REAL. This twat thinks her shit don't stink and she sidles up to everything with a penis and just oooooozes her demented 'sexuality' schtick so hard that she leaves a slime trail in her wake. Enough of this dumb bitch, we don't need this character at all.

But.... tell us what you really think? 😆😆

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Was I supposed to feel anxious for poor Nate, that he might lose his medical license?  Cause no, he knew he was violating his oath or laws or whatever.  He could have said no to Pricktor. 

I really just stopped by to say the Staph is at this point a sad joke.  It's not even Phyllis, it is the actress who clearly thinks that what she is doing is being edgy and sexy.  She's making me like Dummer and Abby and that is saying a lot.  

she is the worst GIF by CBS

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I really just stopped by to say the Staph is at this point a sad joke.  It's not even Phyllis, it is the actress who clearly thinks that what she is doing is being edgy and sexy.  She's making me like Dummer and Abby and that is saying a lot.  

she is the worst GIF by CBS

Phyllis was sashaying around like she was the Undead Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke.  I'd love to see Abby burn her to the ground, but the smell of all that melting plastic would be a health hazard.

Can someone pour a gallon of Clearasil on Theo and dissolve him like the Wicked Witch of the West?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, boes said:

Phyllis was sashaying around like she was the Undead Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke. 

Sashaying!  What a great word.  I checked out the thesaurus and one could also use flouncing, parading, shimmying, swaggering, swanning, gliding; and, yet, somehow these words are too complimentary for the blight that is Phyllis.  

I was thinking sidle.  Or slink.  Or worm.  Or creep.

pretty little liars pll spoilers GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 8