Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Monday ....wow....

Nabby have the same argument,

Lola doesn't like the house Summer picked out for her w/Kyle. Surpise?

Jill seems to be in on the will scam? Maybe... If Cane was in on it - why did he get hit with no witnesses - is he a Method Con Man. Def Dingo-daddy though.

<><><>

An out of context weird thought -- Did Nate somehow save Hilary (say he fell for her) and wiped her memory and brought her back . zombie style, to torture Lily and Cane by tangling them in this boring will crap storyline and...nah too American Horror Story

Edited by crowsworks
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I caught up Friday evening but couldn't be bothered to post about any of it. It was boring. I don't really care about any particular story line. I'm hoping Lola's liver is failing because that at least could be mildly interesting. I don't care about this Will story line and wish it would go away and take FakeHilary with it. 

Abby and Nate breaking up? Zzzzzz. Those two are both boring and have no chemistry. 

Conner is a little psychopath and I was actually angry about him locking Christian in the garage. It's probably a good thing I decided a long time ago to never  be a parent, because I would have locked him up in the garage before taking him to the orphanage. I don't do psycho kids, sorry. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2019 at 10:29 PM, bannana said:

Thanks @jewel21  I don't think all of our Canadian posters are in the Small Talk thread, so I am going to post a message from @valleycliffe's daughter Teri that she posted over there 😢:

I'm a bit late on this news, but 😞 thank you Jewel for posting this as I rarely dip into that thread. She's been with us since the TWoP days and will be missed.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm a bit late on this news, but 😞 thank you Jewel for posting this as I rarely dip into that thread. She's been with us since the TWoP days and will be missed.

You're welcome. I'm still so sad. I don't think it's been posted in the regular GC thread. Maybe it should be?

I watched today's show and oh, man. They better be tricking me with this whole "the new pages of the Will have been authenticated and Cane is the rightful heir to Catherine's fortune" or I will be cutting a bitch.

It was nice seeing Dina again but I wish they had never gone with the Alzheimer's storyline.

ETA: Bananna actually reposted the news, I just did a tribute in her honour since she would always post the recap links.

ETA2: Does anyone know how old Valleycliffe was?

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

You're welcome. I'm still so sad. I don't think it's been posted in the regular GC thread. Maybe it should be?

I watched today's show and oh, man. They better be tricking me with this whole "the new pages of the Will have been authenticated and Cane is the rightful heir to Catherine's fortune" or I will be cutting a bitch.

It was nice seeing Dina again but I wish they had never gone with the Alzheimer's storyline.

ETA: Bananna actually reposted the news, I just did a tribute in her honour since she would always post the recap links.

ETA2: Does anyone know how old Valleycliffe was?

I think she mentioned being in her seventies.

• Love 4
On 10/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, jewel21 said:

I caught up Friday evening but couldn't be bothered to post about any of it. It was boring. I don't really care about any particular story line. I'm hoping Lola's liver is failing because that at least could be mildly interesting. I don't care about this Will story line and wish it would go away and take FakeHilary with it. 

Abby and Nate breaking up? Zzzzzz. Those two are both boring and have no chemistry. 

Conner is a little psychopath and I was actually angry about him locking Christian in the garage. It's probably a good thing I decided a long time ago to never  be a parent, because I would have locked him up in the garage before taking him to the orphanage. I don't do psycho kids, sorry. 

Actually, I'm surprised that ALL the kids on the show aren't budding serial killers. 

7 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am so sorry about Valleycliffe's passing. I remember her from the TWOP forum. My condolences to her family and friends. May she rest from her labors.

Me too... Many's the Time we bantered over the years.

• Love 10

Dear Connor,

I’m sorry to inform you but you are a dumbass of epic proportions with terrible taste in men. No, seriously. You have worst taste in men than Sharon, Phyllis, Victoria, Nikki, and your mommy combined. Your father is a worthless piece of psychotic navel lint, and you, dear child, are going to turn out just as evil as he is and your turd of a grandfather. You’re already well on your way based on recent events. Enjoy your time living with Daddy dearest, hopefully your mother will forget you soon as she plays house with your uncle and half brother Christian. 

Sincerely,

Annoyed in Montreal.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

I low want him to be crazy. This show is due a serial killer cleaning house story. The only thing is I don’t really like any characters except Devon and Abby (and they are getting borderline stupid and boring now too).

• Love 3

Connor can become Mini-Dexter. Paul won't arrest him. He'd have been better off if when PTSDylan kidnapped him - he'd have gone to live with him among the trees.

OR Little Lecter. He can whip up treats at Auntie Lola's All Meat-All the Time Bistro.

Summer Sausage? Steak Diane? Hotdogs in Banana sauce? Billy Goat Carneasada? Australian Cattle Tips? Natetartar?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I'm heading out again. I just can't bear this Will crap. You know Devon is going to be pressured by Jill and probably Lily and fold.-- or they will drive him crazy.

He could go to the Billy Abbott "We cure psycotic breaks in hours" shed and roadhouse.

Sharon and Clo will fix you.

I'll read the recaps. It's the 'music box' all over again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I really hate how ungrateful Connor is. I want to live with dad. Can we go now? I don't care that you raised me my while life, mom, and sacrificed for me, never left my side, I want to live with dad.

If ever there was someone who should be locked in a garage...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I really hate how ungrateful Connor is. I want to live with dad. Can we go now? I don't care that you raised me my while life, mom, and sacrificed for me, never left my side, I want to live with dad.

If ever there was someone who should be locked in a garage...

I'd probably care more--or at all--if his mother were anyone other than Chelsea, but nothing she's ever done has come from a good place, either, least of all Johnny's adoption.

Connor is exactly the child she deserves, just like Phyllis and Nick deserve Summer and Sharon and Nick deserve the hellion they created in Faith.

The one good thing Y&R still does is show how the parents fuck up their children and have them face the consequences of that, unlike B&B. The only two modes there are "my parents are angels UwU" or "Brooke Logan ruined my family" and nothing else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Connor is a manipulative  little shit with a mother who’s dumber than box of rocks. Sure send the kid to live with his father who needs a psychiatrist to get over his own Daddy issues. Visits would have been enough. 

Did the bugger even say goodbye to Christian? Oh wait, he was probably be thrilled that whiny assed mess is out of the house. Wouldn’t blame him. 

Can Phyllis just not appear in scenes with kids? I find her creepy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Mishael is so beautiful. Too bad about the wig.

I like Connor living with Adam. Finally, one kid escapes Nick's grip. Next up Christian.

Cane, don't worry about that inheritance you are trying to scam from Devon. I have a strong feeling that you won't be getting any of it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Aside from Nick, Chelsea, and Adam playing Musical Childs, I heard something yesterday...

Are my ears going? Did Sharon in the Sharon/Mariah conversation, allude to doing a, hem, Matchbox MA, oh, excuse me, and online masters degree?

Well, well, well.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Did the bugger even say goodbye to Christian? 

Connor actually ran down the runway as his father's private jet took off to the skies - to the strings of "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast"

• LOL 8
16 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Connor was too busy locking his brother  cousin in the garage and calling him whiney. Like, hi pot... it's kettle. Guess what? You're black!

I'm trying to figure their relationship out. AA is both of them's father. Chelzzzz is Connor's mom and Ol' Hammertoes is Christian's. Is that right? I can't keep track of so much bed/elevator/stairs/filthy drop cloth hopping.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm trying to figure their relationship out. AA is both of them's father. Chelzzzz is Connor's mom and Ol' Hammertoes is Christian's. Is that right? I can't keep track of so much bed/elevator/stairs/filthy drop cloth hopping.

Yeah, so they're half siblings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

I miss @valleycliffe's links to the daily recraps... *sniff, dabs eyes*

In case they don't pop up

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum/daytime-drama-series-soap-operas/the-young-and-the-restless/2656211-wednesday-canadian-thursday-us

Also: you can go to soap central - click young and restless - Then click Opinion - then Boards then register, then wander aroung the pages going "I didn't know he died" then look for the boards again and go "I don't want two scoops of General Hospital" and finally hit the right page. 

Simple.

• LOL 6

Wait. 

So Devon agrees to give the money over to Cane. And then Jill realizes something is off with the will and calls Cane about it. They both better tell Devon their concerns before he actually signs anything over. 

Hi, Lily! Bye, Lily!

Connor is still an ungrateful little bitch. 

ETA: DG apparently posted to his fans to 'watch the end of an era tomorrow as Lily and Cane have their final scene together' or some such garbage. Having just watched their final episode, I can't help but laugh. Lily didn't give two shits about Cane and couldn't wait to get out of his orbit. He asked her to stay in GC and she basically got up, grabbed her purse and left. Yup, end of an era, indeed. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I’m currently catching upon CDN Tuesday’s show. Fuck You, Cane. Especially Fuck You to Jill. I mean, that’s my permanent default with Cane so it’s pretty easy for me to say. I’m especially angry with Jill. She shouldn’t be this gullible or this quick to try to guilt Devon into doing the so-called “right thing”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

So Devon agrees to give the money over to Cane. And then Jill realizes something is off with the will and calls Cane about it. They both better tell Devon their concerns before he actually signs anything over. 

Why in the fuck would a billionaire just take someone's word for this without their own legal team, oh I dunno, LOOKING IT THE FUCK OVER and getting multiple opinions on the authenticity of the Will?!? And then WHY would a billionaire just turn over money to a known liar and assclown like Cane? Honest to god, Josh and his team are like deranged monkeys throwing their own feces on the wall to see what might stick. These are the most inept writers and show runners...any of us here could do about 1000% better than these idiots.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I’m hoping this is all just setting up for the payoff where everyone in town realizes what an ass Cane is and he gets sent to prison or killed. Payback for DG killing the Cane/Traci s/l. Hopefully they’ll write it so no one will ever want Cane back. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

I thought it was kind of crazy that Katherine gave Devon (or anyone for that matter) a quarter of a billion dollars.  But at least he is her grandson.  And the message was that as a kid who came from difficult circumstances might do a great thing with that kind of money.

In no way, no universe, no how would Katherine every give that money to Cane.  And Devon is a complete idiot to fall for that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

From the Gary Oldman version? Yeah, I see it now.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292697db81386f9febe1

the difference is the OG version were actually attractive. Billy we don’t need a costume to know you’re an undead ghoul.  He, Cane, Victor make GC permanently Halloween. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I can't believe Phyllis tore up a cheque for 10 million dollars. She really is crazy. I would have grabbed it and run like hell to the nearest bank, heh. 

So the Abbott's missing sibling is in fact Theo's father. Some thought it might be Theo's grandfather but apparently not. I guess we'll learn more tomorrow. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I love that we have Tracy back and enjoy watching all of her scenes.

Other than that, this show is shit.

It is like they have absolutely no idea about these characters' history.  Then, add on top of that, there is not one compelling storyline.

• Love 14

Man, Kyle really doesn't want to be related to Theo. He's actually being kind of petulant about it. As someone who wishes she wasn't related to 95% of her family, I get it, but there's nothing you can do, dude. Suck it up. 

Well, so much for Hilary Amanda leaving. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I'm with  Kyle about not wanting Theo in the mix.

Jack is being a STUPID IDIOT about not caring what his own son would feel.  Oh, and speaking of his son, I wonder what poor Keemo is feeling about not being a part of the Abbott family yet again.  (I didn't watch Show at the time much, but even I know who Keemo is, you damn MWTs!).

Plus, the entire family is at risk of having all their money and Jabot taken away by the grandson of the man who cuckolded Sainted John Abbott.  At least, CONSULT A DAMN LAWYER on how to delicately approach this matter.

Writers are either being stupid about this thing or are just expecting us to be.  I don't like characters in my "stories" to be portrayed as STUPID.  Jack and Devon are both decent humans but are being portrayed as stupid.  Feh!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Ya'' remember Grease Stain having a sitdown chat with Adrian at the hotel?  A meeting that came out of the blue between two characters who have no connection other than being on a (barely) nodding acquintanceship with Lola?  Followed up by Kyle telling Adrian what a putz he was?

Nah, not buying this relationship yet, at least not existing without some major strings attached.  

Also, Kyle has no reason to be jumping for joy to be attached permanently to some asshole he was trying to distance himself from.  He's already stuck with one ButtBiscuit, so of course he doesn't want another.

• Love 11

Well, I for one really enjoyed the Hallowe'en episode. Tons of cross-media/social-media refs and commentary--Abby and Mary Tyler Moore [ref an article in SOD, I think], and the sheer pleasure of all the Newmans playing with their devices and ignoring Phyllis-go-poof.

Theo's Miami Vice 80s trash-out party was entertaining, too.

I found the Sharon/Rey thing the weakest of the scenarios.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 5