Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

On 8/29/2019 at 9:36 PM, Petunia13 said:

I’m also tired of the “isnt the Rosales Family great?” “I love Lola” “being in love is so amazing” “Our relationship is so great!” “Lola you’re amazing!” “The Rosales are everything I’ve ever wanted!”  Kyle and Lola build appliances or repeat dialogue or talk about how remarkable their ship is like an hour a week.  Corny. I realized a long time ago I like that shit, so not above the fray, but with slow burn opposite attract couples I was invested in that I found attractive that showed not told. This isn’t one of them. I’m thinking like Palex on Degrassi or Nate and Haley on OTH or Summer and Seth or Ryan and Taylor on The OC.  

I don't understand this new family. There's nothing to them, and certainly nothing soapy about them.  Lola seems to be immediately loved by everyone who meets her, and is cherished beyond belief by Kyle. I'm not sure why that is.  Rey... I don't know... he's just around. Celeste is a mother who loves her children. They are given lengthy scenes, and have a crazy amount of screen time. But still nothing soapy comes out if it, so it gets tiresome to watch them. Most viewers ordinary lives are more intriguing, I know mine is.

Edited by LongtimeYRfan
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 8/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Artsda said:

I like too that Adam is sparing Abby, they got close during the JH period. Didn't he save her life? They were on the Newman outsiders together, their bond should be explored.

Any chance for any kind of positive relationship burned up with her unborn sister. While she's a step removed from any direct harm from Adam, I can understand if Abby kept her distance from him.

Having said that, I don't even think of Abby as an "outsider" Newman anymore, if she ever truly was. Show had been chipping away at her relationship with Brad well before he died and with Colleen gone too, Show just pretends she was half Newman and half Abbott as though he didn't raise her like his own daughter for damn near her entire life. She may not have had the brains for business as Victoria once showed ages and ages ago but she's benefitted from the Newman influence a whole bunch.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:36 PM, Petunia13 said:

I don’t like Adam but actually hate Nick so actively route for him to lose whatever it is he fights for. 

Big Mood.

Nick just is one of those people that even when he's right, he's wrong and he's just so punchable. It was ten times worse when Sharon and Adam were dating and I SHOULD have had an iota of sympathy after what Adam did but I just could not even.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, Jaded said:

After what went on with Loren Lott I'm going to be side eyeing the show even harder if they take away Devon's inheritance. I know some have wanted it for years and there was a time I did too when the character of Devon was getting on my nerves. It really isn't needed now especially with Neil being gone. 

That's actually the one thing I do enjoy is Devon these days. I too found him to be insufferable and as angsty as an anime protagonist about his inheritance but without the baggage of the Winters clan and especially not the funhouse mirror version of Neil we got after Hillary came into the picture...he's stepped up as a leading man--one with sex appeal, no less!

They better not punish the only billionaire on this damn show whose done actual good with that money. He hasn't gone to use it to manipulate others or puff himself up or ruin the economy of an entire island, Victor *cough* He's far more civil to Lily and Cane than either deserves after what happened to Hillary.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Looks like we're heading for another round of Shack.

Given the current options for both (either Sharon getting involved with Adam yet AGAIN or another affair for Michael and Lauren), I can live with this. He's the only one of her exes that hasn't cheated on her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Given the current options for both (either Sharon getting involved with Adam yet AGAIN or another affair for Michael and Lauren), I can live with this. He's the only one of her exes that hasn't cheated on her.

Did Jack cheat?

• Useful 1

What a day.

No, Show, I never, ever wanted to see Jack and Pricktor sharing a drink and bonding over life's big questions.  Fuck you, Show, for making me see that.

Meanwhile, in the same bar, Phyllis is reminding Adam that he doesn't have the worst life ever, and she invokes the time Pricktor raped her via the Jack impostor, for months.  I hate the Staph version of Phyllis, but she is so right about this, and it should never be forgotten.  Jack seems to care not a whiff about how he was physically tortured while being held hostage, and forced to kill other people all to escape.  Whilst Pricktor chortled.  Jack should never ever be having a drink with Pricktor Putin Newman.

I so no longer care about Kola.  They started out great and now are a snooze fest.

I have to officially announce that I really hate how Nick and Prick are always walking around with their hands in their pockets ( @boes please provide the jokes!).

But, really; it is lazy acting obviously. Who actually walks around and stands around with their hands in their pockets?  My mother would've smacked both those guys!

The looming threat that Devon might lose some of his billions?  Oh, so sad.

What is going on with this show?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I really hate storylines where people mess with other people's medications. I hated when Victor did it to Sharon and I hate that Adam and Phyllis are trying to do it to Victor. Some might say it's karma coming around but I'm still not cool with it. 

• Love 16

Oh, how painful it is to watch this show.

We have Chloe trying to convince Billy that he has a problem and only she can help.

And then some nonsense with Zoe, Kyle, Dummer, Theo.  Who cares?

And Adam, and shenanigans.

No one cares.  This show is the least interesting soap on air, and that is saying a lot (GH should win that award).

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, jewel21 said:

I really hate storylines where people mess with other people's medications. I hated when Victor did it to Sharon and I hate that Adam and Phyllis are trying to do it to Victor. Some might say it's karma coming around but I'm still not cool with it. 

Normally I'd be on that, but Victor got Phyllis raped by a proxy and nearly got Summer killed and never shows an ounce of regret for hurting a single person in his life, so.....

*Cue the world's tiniest violin*

Not like anything every sticks to him anyway. I just wish they'd stick the stake through Colleen's heart and be done with the old goat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Why isn’t Devon talking about all of this with a lawyer instead of looking up information on the other lawyer’s website and bemoaning that it doesn’t include a photo. Someone with a legal education and some experience should be looking into this for Devon. As someone with billions at stake, Devon should know better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

Why isn’t Devon talking about all of this with a lawyer instead of looking up information on the other lawyer’s website and bemoaning that it doesn’t include a photo. Someone with a legal education and some experience should be looking into this for Devon. As someone with billions at stake, Devon should know better.

Someone like Michael? 

the joker batman GIF

• LOL 6
45 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Someone like Michael? 

the joker batman GIF

LOL that is perfect! 

And maybe still a better choice than what Devon did today, which was talk to Nick (because he might have experience with this since he’s rich) and Jill (because she’s ... what? Katherine’s surrogate daughter?). 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, catalogrrr said:

LOL that is perfect! 

And maybe still a better choice than what Devon did today, which was talk to Nick (because he might have experience with this since he’s rich) and Jill (because she’s ... what? Katherine’s surrogate daughter?). 

Maybe he thought she might know which relative might have crawled out of the woodwork to come after Katherine's money?

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Why doesn't Devon talk to his LAWYER instead of Nick & Jill regarding the contesting of the will.  His lawyer should contact the cryptic lawyer to get the details before Devon meets with her.

LOLOLOL  well, that would be the logical thing to do..but, this is gc and people go to the most unqualified to get advice.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Phyllis strutting into the Grand Phoenix and stopping to have her picture taken cracked me up. God, she's so extra. 

So Faith is going off to boarding school? They couldn't just have her staying at friends' houses all the time? I like the actress and I really don't want her written off and later SORAS. 

• Love 10

Thanks for posting those pictures Spinxella. Interesting to see while also confirming my decision that not watching Show is the correct one.

I would say that Rey Rey looks like a mannequin but even a mannequin looks more lifelike than he does. That hair is so fake looking and I don't know what kind of makeup they're using on him but they really need to tone it down or change it. Sharon doesn't look bad and she has a great figure. I still wish she would find a new hairstyle. Her dress was one of the better ones but that's not saying much.

So that's Theo. Not a bad looking guy I guess if you can get past the fact he seems to be coated in oil.  I don't know who those two brunettes were standing next to him in that picture. Summer looks the same as I remember. Petulant and dumb. Abby looks terrible. That hairstyle and makeup were doing her no favors. Couldn't tell about the dress because I could only see the top part. I'm guessing based on all the other dresses it wasn't too flattering.

Phyllis, ugh. That one picture of her with that condescending look on her face and "it's all about me" pose says everything you need to know about her character. Another reason I'm glad I'm not watching Show. I couldn't stand her before she left and from what I read here she's gotten even worse.

Mariah and Tessa look great together but I thought Tessa's dress was too short. Also, her hairstyle was a little too severe. Mariah looked gorgeous and I think had the best dress of everyone.

Devon looks good. (A little thinner?) I guess that was Elena with him. Attractive and had a nice dress. They look good together. Don't know if they have any chemistry but it's nice to see they're giving Devon a storyline. Kind of curious to see how they're going to bring Chance back in to possibly re-litigate Katherine's Will.

Chelsea and Nick.  Well, I guess they ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 14

Sharon doesn't look bad and she has a great figure. I still wish she would find a new hairstyle. Her dress was one of the better ones but that's not saying much.

Generally that stringy mess doesn't really bother me but damn, some variety would be nice. She looks so beautiful with her hair up or gently waved.

• Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, peacheslatour said:

Generally that stringy mess doesn't really bother me but damn, some variety would be nice. She looks so beautiful with her hair up or gently waved.

That stringy mess makes me insane! You are so right, she just needs to put waves in her or put it up.  She looked gorgeous in that yellow dress but the hair ruined it.  And then SC's OTT acting when she was stoned was just ridiculous.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, Desperately Random said:

Phyllis, ugh. That one picture of her with that condescending look on her face and "it's all about me" pose says everything you need to know about her character. Another reason I'm glad I'm not watching Show. I couldn't stand her before she left and from what I read here she's gotten even worse.

Phyllis was just as annoying as she looks in that pic.

Elena looked great.  Tessa looked better on the show than in the pics.

I would say except for the hair, Sharon was the standout, but Mariah also looked great.  I didn't love the white.  Dummer actually looked good too.

The whole thing was so stupid, I just don't get what the point of it was but at least it was a bit more entertaining than the usual boring stuff.

• Love 8

God, this "influencer" crap is driving me nuts. Ya know who influencers are? Every consumer, every forum poster, everybody who ever put something up on You Tube or Imgur. Every meme creator, the people of Reddit, even the garbage goblins of the Chans. We are all of us influencers. Just shut up, Show. You're cut off, go home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I actually found this episode highly entertaining. It was definitely different. Mariah and Tessa were cracking me up. Also, Summer slouched in her chair and twirling her hair while Kyle looked on made me laugh, heh. What can I say, I'm easily amused. I did like that they showed Sharon and Devon having more severe reactions because of their medications and it was nice having Paul back, even if only for two seconds. 

I also liked Phyllis asking herself why was everyone so weird at the party, heh. It takes one to know one, honey. And I'm also glad that Chelsea and Abby quickly realized it couldn't have been Phyliss since Summer was affected and she wouldn't do that to her own daughter. It figures the one time Phyllis tries to act like an adult and stay on the straight and narrow and she still gets blamed, heh. Hopefully they caught Zoe on camera. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I hated that part, it happened to my daughter, who has to take medication, She ended up in hospital, so I I guess I had a reaction to that , that someone would be that stupid to spike the drinks

I hope they arrest Zoe and charge her with attempted murder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

So Phyllis hacked the security footage (a crime) and extracted the part that shows Zoe spiking the drinks.  And she has Zoe on her phone admitting what she did.  And Dumb and Dumber allow themselves to be blackmailed into bringing her on board with the Grand Phoenix?  Oy.  All they had to do was tell Paul what Phyllis was up to, and he could have arrested her.  So stupid, there are no words.  🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

So Phyllis hacked the security footage (a crime) and extracted the part that shows Zoe spiking the drinks.  And she has Zoe on her phone admitting what she did.  And Dumb and Dumber allow themselves to be blackmailed into bringing her on board with the Grand Phoenix?  Oy.  All they had to do was tell Paul what Phyllis was up to, and he could have arrested her.  So stupid, there are no words.  🙄

Right. Fucking idiots.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

jeez louise youse guys...this was phyl's big redemption and "phyl to the rescue" scenes...killjoys...🤣

🤯

And of course there was no mention by the cops as to why Phyllis had the mysteriously disappeared surveillance footage. Even if they were going to let that slide they should have at least verbally reprimanded her.  🤮 

And why does everyone on this show act as if they are playing with monopoly money when they are throwing around millions of dollars without a second thought?! 😵

• Useful 1
  • Love 10