Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

So Billy doesn't want to see a therapist because he cured himself in half an hour? Go fuck yourself, Billy. If I were Victoria, I would tell him he has the option of seeing a therapist or staying locked in the boat house forever. You tried to kill someone and were blacking out left and right, you need a shrink, dude. Gah. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 9/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Sharon never had sex with Brad.. she was going to but called it off. 

The WTD was between Nick, Billy and Jack. 

They never had sex or were a couple though. 

Yes, he did say that she was the one who got away. 

Remembers Steak Sex! ???

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2019 at 10:54 PM, jewel21 said:

Why couldn't they get the original Delia actress back? This older Delia wasn't doing anything for me. 

Do ghosts age as children would? I always thought that when you died, your ghost/spirit stayed the age you were at the time of death. The much older Delia took me completely out of the story.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

Do ghosts age as children would? I always thought that when you died, your ghost/spirit stayed the age you were at the time of death. The much older Delia took me completely out of the story.

Same. Although I guess technically she's not a ghost. Just a figment of Billy's imagination. 

Well, "Hilary" is back. Yay?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

All this talk about older Delia made me think of that New Year (or was it Christmas?) episode back in 2009 or 2010 when Billy Miller's Billy was drunk, depressed and passed out in a snowbank. The ghost of his father John Abbott made an appearance. He took them on Christmas Carol-esque view of the future where a 21 year old Delia was getting married Chancellor Estate. John was "are you giving up on giving away your daughter on her wedding day?!"  Apparently there are alternate futures and alternate paths for everyone in GC because she didn't make it to 21 😞

That episode was damn good and makes me miss Billy Miller. One funny little thing about "the future" was they made Jill and Esther (maybe Chloe too? can't remember) look a little older at the wedding (some grey streaks, different hairstyle) but KATHERINE looked exactly the same! She would have been like 102 or so when Delia is marriageable age! I suspect no one on the Studio City lot had the balls to ask Jeanne Cooper to hunch herself over a walker or something.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

i certainly hope he doesn't lose all his money.

so david sherman is conveniently dead.  did anyone record his so-called death bed confession and does anyone have a copy of the original will that was supposedly changed?

kinda smells like fish left out in the sun to rot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

i certainly hope he doesn't lose all his money.

so david sherman is conveniently dead.  did anyone record his so-called death bed confession and does anyone have a copy of the original will that was supposedly changed?

kinda smells like fish left out in the sun to rot.

Who the fuck is David Sherman?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2019 at 2:57 PM, nilyank said:

Did Victor tell his children and more importantly his grandchildren his grand plan of faking out Adam with his death? I don’t care if Adam gets fooled, but the grandkids especially the ones that are still children, shouldn’t be put through that.

And I don’t have any sympathy for Victor especially since he has been guilty of screwing over Adam’s life for “reasons” and messing with someone’s medication for “reasons” (Sharon).

Is Nate a Villan?

On 9/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, Sarah Heart said:

Smiling Jack deserves so much better. He's the best guy on the show. 

I was hoping he really was gone. Nicki's terrible acting, told me he wasn't.

I hope Nate is kidnapping Prick.

On 9/16/2019 at 4:03 PM, peacheslatour said:

This. The entire cast have been playing musical beds, stairs, elevators, desks, whatever for as long as Show has been on. GC is just one big, incestuous warren.

Kitchen islands (Phyl said she wanted to have sex on an island? )

On 9/17/2019 at 8:33 AM, Sarah Heart said:

Well , she was slouching by a wall. So, she may have perfect posture in your opinion now, she didn't when I saw her. I know plenty of women with great posture, perfect? Not one.lol

I think she's shy and has health issues requiering cortasone shots 

3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Why is Devon meeting her without his lawyer present?  Idiot!

devon is the new Jack... he'll turn over the money without question.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Who the fuck is David Sherman?

That name immediately made me think of Bobby Sherman and "Here Come the Brides", the only decent thing this misbegotten Show has made me think of in months.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Who is the actor portraying the prescription switcher?

I don't know, but why would she think immunity from the DA would mean no consequences?  Michael does not control the pharmacists' regulator that will pull her license and end her career as a pharmacist.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I’m really not comfortable with show trying to take away Devon’s money. Or Hillary’s new bangs for that matter.

Me, neither. Like, there was a time when I was sick to death of his mewling over his good fortune (that was pretty WTF for his character being a second string player in 2013 at best),  but times have changed a lot--both on Show and in real life.

It's not the best look for the one black billionaire in this show who's done nothing to fuck people over with his wealth to lose his fortune while everyone else dicks around with no consequences. How many times have Billy nearly tanked Jabot now?

• Love 12

Well, it seems Amanda St. Claire has a little bit of Hilary's temper. 

The whole planting the iPad in Victoria's desk is weak. Nate confronted Adam about the missing tablet so having it show up in Victoria's desk is obviously a set-up. Speaking of Victoria, I loved her sparkly blue top today. I need to see if I can buy it. And by buy, I mean afford, heh. 

And dun-dun-dun... Victor lives! Shocker! Not. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, peacheslatour said:

Who is the actor portraying the prescription switcher?

That's Kelly Coffield.  I remember her from In Living Color way back in the 90s.  She used to have longer hair, I think.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Oh, fuck TIIC. They're gonna wreck Sharon. Again.

2 minutes ago, OhSarah69 said:

That's Kelly Coffield.  I remember her from In Living Color way back in the 90s.  She used to have longer hair, I think.

That's right! She's the one in the Seinfeld episodes who had a boyfriend with a super high pitched voice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, fuck TIIC. They're gonna wreck Sharon. Again.

That's right! She's the one in the Seinfeld episodes who had a boyfriend with a super high pitched voice.

Oh yeah!!!  The high talker!  LOL.  Good times.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2019 at 11:54 PM, jewel21 said:

Speaking of Victoria, I loved her sparkly blue top today. I need to see if I can buy it. And by buy, I mean afford, heh. 

Well, pass. Even on sale, $394.91 CAD is well out of my price range. 

Young Adam was so cute. What happened? Where did it all go wrong?

• Love 8
On 9/23/2019 at 7:48 PM, jewel21 said:

When Maria Bell went full nuclear, most likely expecting to kill him off and backtracked when Chris Engen's replacement pulled in more viewers and buzz.

But for real, I never got it, either. He was raised by Hope Adams who, from the clips I could find of her, was the rare good girl in soapdom who was actually a really decent person. Even with the shitty Newman DNA, I would've expected a child raised by her to be closer to Liam Spencer than Passions' Alister Crane in personality.

All these reboots and revising of Adam over the last decade have been done with diminishing returns. As much as I would have rather seen what William Bell planned between Adam and Victoria in a nature vs nurture battle for NE, nothing of value would've been lost if he'd died after the Faith story wrapped up. At least the character would've went out on a high note instead of simpering off into redundancy--between entitled frat boy Nick and entitled man-fetus Billy and entitled lying ass Cane,* there's no need for entitled daddy's boy Adam.

*I haven't missed him at all, but he's been absent for the longest period I can remember since he was killed off. I'll take small miracles on this soozefest where I can.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On September 23, 2019 at 8:48 PM, jewel21 said:

On September 23, 2019 at 10:22 PM, Anna Yolei said:

When Maria Bell went full nuclear, most likely expecting to kill him off and backtracked when Chris Engen's replacement pulled in more viewers and buzz.

But for real, I never got it, either. He was raised by Hope Adams who, from the clips I could find of her, was the rare good girl in soapdom who was actually a really decent person. Even with the shitty Newman DNA, I would've expected a child raised by her to be closer to Liam Spencer than Passions' Alister Crane in personality.

All these reboots and revising of Adam over the last decade have been done with diminishing returns. As much as I would have rather seen what William Bell planned between Adam and Victoria in a nature vs nurture battle for NE, nothing of value would've been lost if he'd died after the Faith story wrapped up. At least the character would've went out on a high note instead of simpering off into redundancy--between entitled frat boy Nick and entitled man-fetus Billy and entitled lying ass Cane,* there's no need for entitled daddy's boy Adam.

This is why MAB will always top my list as one of the worst head writers in Y&R history. Bill Bell was her FIL, and she often claimed that she was "honoring history" with her writing, while she was shitting all over his legacy. The "Victor respected Hope wishes, which is why he stayed out of Adam's life all those years" story always came off as bullshit to me. I don't think she ever thought of Adam as a legacy character, because to her, he is not a true Newman. MAB could have taken Adam in so many directions, but instead she chose to go the "shock and awe" route and as you said, she was most likely going to kill him off. That changed after MM took over the role from CE, and Adam's popularity took off.

Adam and Abby should have bonded over that fact as Newmans, they're considered the "outsiders", but after what he did to Ashley, that ship has sailed.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I can't say Maria Bell was the worst in any good conscience when she followed Lynn Marie Latham and was proceeded with Jill Fire'em Phelps...when she was on point, she really was on point. Pound for pound, she was far more creative than her brother-in-law Bradley has ever been since he took over B&B (well, besides this particular season. I'd rather he go back to the triangles)

But then, I look at her body count and I'm reminded of the Story Club in Anne of Green Gables where Anne's best friend Diana Barry kills off all her characters whenever she his a roadblock about what to do next. But Diana was the late 19th century equivalent to a teenager fanfic writer. I expect better from someone who actually married into the damn family and worked under the man.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I can't say Maria Bell was the worst in any good conscience when she followed Lynn Marie Latham and was proceeded with Jill Fire'em Phelps...when she was on point, she really was on point. Pound for point, she was far more creative than her brother-in-law Bradley has ever been since he took over B&B (well, besides this particular season. I'd rather he go back to the triangles)

But then, I look at her body count and I'm reminded of the Story Club in Anne of Green Gables where Anne's best friend Diana Barry kills off all her characters whenever she his a roadblock about what to do next. But Diana was the late 19th century equivalent to a teenager fanfic writer. I expect better from someone who actually married into the damn family and worked under the man.

I love the Anne of GG analogy - a very on point comparison.  Totally geeking out that anyone remembers Anne's Story Club!  LOL.  A of GG is one of my favourite books ever. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, OhSarah69 said:

I love the Anne of GG analogy - a very on point comparison.  Totally geeking out that anyone remembers Anne's Story Club!  LOL.  A of GG is one of my favourite books ever. 

Side tangent but I love that new Anne With an E reboot from the CBC (and Netflix, where I watch it from in the States). The trailer for the first season that aired here initially made me cringe and it did take some time to adjust from it's radically different tone from previous incarnations, but overall stays true to the spirit of the books. Definitely worth viewing at least once.

• Love 2

I'm finally caught up on show and all I can say is Cane?! Cane fucking' Ashby in the recipient of Catherine's fortune and not Devon? WTF, show?

Also, did Victor imagine that whole exchange where Adam discovered he's alive, or just the part where they forgave one another?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm finally caught up on show and all I can say is Cane?! Cane fucking' Ashby in the recipient of Catherine's fortune and not Devon? WTF, show?

Also, did Victor imagine that whole exchange where Adam discovered he's alive, or just the part where they forgave one another?

Victor didn't imagine a thing. Adam mentioned things Victor didn't know. Like the mirror. I think Adam bolted when he heard nikki

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

So I guess it's official, Josh Griffith hates us.

Well, I hate him more.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, boes said:

Well, I hate him more.

Listen for me some of his storylines have been VERY meh. But i prefer him over pratt mal MAB etc. I need to see how this story ends. Besides all his stories have been what 1-3 weeks tops??

Edited by taavir40
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Anyone smell an Aussie daddy rat? He probably has Chance and Tucker locked up and Jill will lead the posse - Might be a good Cane and Lily investigate story

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I wonder if victor will get Chelsea to track Adam down this time.

12 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Anyone smell an Aussie daddy rat? He probably has Chance and Tucker locked up and Jill will lead the posse - Might be a good Cane and Lily investigate story

i dont think DG deserves any story after How he treated Beth JMO

• Love 17

Well it would explain why the actor wasn't bitching about his lack of screen time the past couple of months if he was going to have this story line...

I can't remember what kind of relationship Catherine and Cane had back in the day. Were they close?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I can't remember what kind of relationship Catherine and Cane had back in the day. Were they close?

Honestly, I only remember one scene with the two of them together, but I think she's be come inclined to give her fortune to Billy (who she had had a decent relationship with) than Cane.

WTF, show.

The only good thing about Y&R is it's not as deprived as B&B has become.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, boes said:

Well, I hate him more.

He gave Devon’s money to a rancid jar of mayo. JG can get fucked all the way to Pluto. I don’t particularly care if the story ends with Devon in possession of his billions and Cane having to use a pine box as his bed. This story is insulting, unnecessary, illogical, and a piss poor use of history and off-screen characters. Blech.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16