Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, bannana said:

The only good thing that happened today was the Abbotts hung out together, including Ash.

Jack being friendly and empathetic with Pricktor made me almost lose my lunch.

The Abbotts were the best thing--as always for me, at any rate.

But there were two close seconds: Devon working hard to break through Adam's shell of self-obsession in the calmest possible way, and Victor just shutting AA down.

Of course, where AA's concerned, we should be suiting up for the scorpion dance. I won't be picking up a dance card.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, slayer2 said:

Nick has many faults but being a bad father isn't one of them.

Ehhhhhhhh.....jury's still out on that with the way he's coddled Summer and he and Sharon have both turned Faith into a mess before she was outta grade school...but he's more like Brooke Logan bad where he leaps before thinking sometimes and wouldn't purposely use his kids as weapons (Faith notwithstand but given Sharon dated Adam within weeks of discovering Faith was alive I'll give him some leeway there.)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

thank you to mandy at soc for today's cdn recap

https://boards.soapcentral.com/forum/daytime-drama-series-soap-operas/the-young-and-the-restless/2513725-wed-aug-14-cdn-thurs-us

LOLOLOL  kyles secret is such a letdown....🤣

So Kyle can't tell his fiancee, that he & Theo brought a passed out girl to the hospital? I get she was 17 and came to their drinking party, but they didn't know that. And her father, threatens them the next day, that he's going to the law, so Kyle pays him 100,000 for silence. 

If anything, it makes the Dad look bad. Kyle and Theo did the right thing by "dumping" her at the ER. The only thing that sounds bad, is using the word dumping, to describe dropping someone off.

In many states you don't even get in trouble for doing that, even if the person is underage, because they'd rather have people dump them at the ER , than the side of the road.

How many weeks did they leave us to wonder about this big bad secret? It was quite the build-up to nothing. But everything about this Kyle and Lola story has been that way from the start. It's one long non-story,  completely devoid of drama, that never seems to end. I'd be angry if I was watching daily. I don't remember Y&R being this bad before.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, LongtimeYRfan said:

How many weeks did they leave us to wonder about this big bad secret? It was quite the build-up to nothing. But everything about this Kyle and Lola story has been that way from the start. It's one long non-story,  completely devoid of drama, that never seems to end. I'd be angry if I was watching daily. I don't remember Y&R being this bad before.

I'd be more pissed if I weren't a B&B viewer. Enough said.

But this is a non-story. Exploiting two underage kids looks way worse for the dad than a teenager getting wasted in the first place.

I honestly can't say this is the worst story Y&R's done, but Kola really isn't much of a story at all. Anything that should have been a hurdle is swept aside. Lola's mom played Mary Morality for a few weeks and left. Rey and her other brother are accepting of their relationship. Even Summer who I expected to be stirring up shit if only because she shares DNA with a slattern and the Crown Prince of Douchebags and can't help herself, is behaving so well that I almost feel bad for comparing her to Steffy Forrester. Almost.

So where's the conflict coming from  if, for once, there's no cheating and all the naysayers have fallen to the wayside? I never believed that old soap axiom that a happy couple is a boring one, but I guess there's an exception to everything.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

The way they hyped up Kyle and Theo’s secret I thought they had an orgy wearing plague masks on drugs in a stolen mail truck. Zzz.

Thankfully we have the sup exciting Adam is the Antichrist story and CinderCon and CaveNick’s budding romance and Phyllis and Abby bantering entrepreneurship and Lola’s off screen daddy issues bringing even more spice to the show. This show is really clicking all the right boxes. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I’m putting money on Theo bringing the girl to the wedding. If the wedding gets cancelled because of this, I will scream. I figured that they both screwed the same girl and she ended up preggers, not knowing who the father was. The two tools paid for an abortion. Instead, it’s taking a passed out drunk girl to the ER and taking off? They could have just tossed her in a ditch. Should they have taken responsibility right away? Yep! But they were morons. Not enough to cancel a wedding over. Lola could be pissed but not go to any extremes. 

I mean, even Dummer thinks it’s lame and sees Theo as a troublemaker. When I see her POV, it’s a purple moon. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I’m putting money on Theo bringing the girl to the wedding. . 

I mean, even Dummer thinks it’s lame and sees Theo as a troublemaker. When I see her POV, it’s a purple moon. 

I'm with you on 10W30 bringing the girl to the wedding--wasn't he looking at a picture, presumably of the girl in question? Or maybe I'd dozed off.

And like you, for me agreeing with Summer did kinda bring me up short. But 10W30 is really a lame, self-centred man-child. I wonder if they'll try to redeem him or just take him off the canvas.

But I did have a tiny tear [tm Brooke Logan, Marlena Evans] when Sharon dewy-eyed Rey, saying she "believed in forever," Very touching. If forever means until next week.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh, Sharon don't be a moron. Again.

Thank you, valley for your diligence in providing the recaps. I think I speak for all Preverts when I say you're very appreciated around here.

i hope she says no also.

i read dailies at soc for next week and on one of the days it has nick comforting sharon...go figure.

• Love 4

I only watched the last couple of minutes to see the previews, and I burst out laughing when Arturo showed up 🤣 His haircut is even more ridiculous, and now he has a beard! He looks like a weird mushroom 🤣🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i hope she says no also.

i read dailies at soc for next week and on one of the days it has nick comforting sharon...go figure.

quoting myself cause a poster at soc deflated my balloon by saying that comforts is probably a typo and should be confronts...

and yes, i can see that.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm actually kind of glad to have Arturo back for the wedding. It makes sense. He can leave for Miami right after though, lol. 

And take his thus far unappetizing father with him.

• Love 9

Oh, wow, the Staph has completely lost it.  She has turned Phyllis into some sort of bizarre praying mantis caricature.  Today she replicated the Pelosi applause (the one pointed at Trump) and pointed it at Kyle and Lola.  Then she did weird OTT dancing. Then she did weird head movements toward Theo and also Kyle.  She makes Dummer look mature.  It must be difficult to act with someone who is trying to bring all the attention on her, and in the most awkward ways possible.

In other news, why was Billy chewing gum?  They specifically showed him taking it out of the wrapper and then chewing it.  Did I miss some kind of surreptitious move with the gum?

The reception was boring.  Nothing explosive happened.  The  most fun was watching all the bad dancing in the background. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

In other news, why was Billy chewing gum?  They specifically showed him taking it out of the wrapper and then chewing it.  Did I miss some kind of surreptitious move with the gum?

It looked like Big Red gum, Delia's favourite.

It also reminds me of Big Red's (Phyllis') need for a root touch up. Some conditioner would be good too.  Her hair has been looking dull, flat & frayed recently.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I liked that Arturo came back for the wedding and they didn't try to make an excuse. I preferred him than Ray. 

I didn't like Lola's dress, but I adored Abby's.

The bouquet tossing and nobody wanting it was hilarious.

• Love 7

Abby’s dress was spectacular on her. However, that constant high school giggling she does takes me right out of the scene with her. Where exactly did this wedding take place? I know what the writers planned with the bride and her 3 friends gathering before the wedding but gosh, was that awkward or what? It seems to me that most scenes on this soap seem strained, awkward and unrealistic. 

• Love 3

Other than walking down the aisle in front of Lola, Abby wasn't doing much matron of honouring.  In addition to the shower, Mariah introduced the couple and seemed to be MCing the reception.  I was expecting Abby to complain some more.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

It looked like Big Red gum, Delia's favourite.

This gives me more to work with on my 'Billy is doing this to himself' theory.  He's been asking Delia what he should do.  I posit that he will become Delia (in his addled mind) and soon don a witch's costume and attack Adam, cracking that Big Red gum throughout.  Can't say whether he will kill Adam or not, but it will get him sent to the Criminal Wing of Fairhaven.  Then he will come back, all cured, in about 3 weeks  or more depending on whether his shrink takes August off like they do in NY. (or whenever Billy Miller is available)

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2019 at 1:25 PM, bannana said:

Maybe he was chewing his cud?  Perhaps Ghost Delia has told him that in order to solve the mystery, he must become One with the Cow.

If so, the Wisconsin Dairy industry is in for a world of hurt.....don't eat the cheese, ButtBiscuit may have cut it.....

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

I have finally figured out what it is that bugs me so much about Lola. Well, there are several things but the thing that jumped out for me a couple of days ago was her reaction when she was reading the letter from her father. Her lines indicated that she should be upset or sad but she delivered them all with a stupid smile on her face.  She delivers all of her lines with that stupid smile on her face.

Her wedding gown was ... fine? Kind of like a little girl’s idea of what a fancy dress should look like. It was ordinary, which I suppose is the last word one would want to use to describe someone’s wedding gown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Uh, AA, just a note or two...

One, if Phyllis calls you out on being a soulless shit, maybe just give it a thought;

Two, IMPULSE CONTROL! You're not twelve! No proposing in the park 'cause nobody's being nice to you! [And just because Sharon's not exactly supercharged in the impulse-control department doesn't make her a good choice/]

Oh, and Zoe, or whatever--did the VACANT sign fall off your forehead?

Edited by pearlite
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

We think the Billy-gum stuff is an anvil and when someone tries to kill Adam (and bumps off someone else) the DNA soaked gum or wrapper will figure in.

Who do you think gets killed. Rey? Oily McGreaseball? Clocrazypants?

Will  Bad Hair Bogard...errr Michael do something so dreadful it pitches Lauren on top of Jack?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I swear, if Sharon says yes to Adam I'm going to have a hissy fit. 

Start hissing and frothing, jewel.

Google eyes googling, eyelashes batting, Sharon's ready to roll. If you catch my drift.

And sadly, as you see in the Reel to Reel, Sharon Case is propping it on Twitter. [I thought we'd had enough of that with DG and the previous regime.]

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Start hissing and frothing, jewel.

Google eyes googling, eyelashes batting, Sharon's ready to roll. If you catch my drift.

And sadly, as you see in the Reel to Reel, Sharon Case is propping it on Twitter. [I thought we'd had enough of that with DG and the previous regime.]

Ugh, there will also be the throwing of objects. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6

Here we go again. Wide-eyed perennial ingenue Sharon getting all misty over a man.  I can't stand it or her.  And yes, I have always liked her and cannot really blame her...it is the writers. It is too bad we can't start a pool on what her answer will be.  

I wish there was was someone they could pair "Adam" up with other than Sharon and Chelsea. Those pairings are stale and he looks too young for either of them...especially Sharon.  And I am not age shaming...both actresses are gorgeous and work with just about any actor they put them with.  How about a new Lily?  Is Daniel G gone?

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Here we go again. Wide-eyed perennial ingenue Sharon getting all misty over a man.  I can't stand it or her.  And yes, I have always liked her and cannot really blame her...it is the writers. It is too bad we can't start a pool on what her answer will be.  

I wish there was was someone they could pair "Adam" up with other than Sharon and Chelsea. Those pairings are stale and he looks too young for either of them...especially Sharon.  And I am not age shaming...both actresses are gorgeous and work with just about any actor they put them with.  How about a new Lily?  Is Daniel G gone?

I was sitting there shouting "Shut him down!  Shut HIM DOWN!!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Sharon has worn some cute dresses lately. However, her hair and makeup are beyond awful. Sharon, blue eyeshadow went out of style in ..........well, it never was in style. Stop it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

wish there was was someone they could pair "Adam" up with other than Sharon and Chelsea. Those pairings are stale and he looks too young for either of them...especially Sharon.  And I am not age shaming...both actresses are gorgeous and work with just about any actor they put them with.  How about a new Lily?  Is Daniel G gone?

I mean, if they paired Adam and Cane together, I could fast forward both, and I consider that a win. 

😝

Shadam was a huge mistake for a number of reasons that just happen to pan out because of the actors' chemistry. There was no reason to continue to revisit that two recasts later. And Chelsea didn't need to be here, period. She wasn't wanted as a studio mandate and she still isn't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

There was a mistake in Catherine's will.  She didn't leave Devon  2 Billion … it was  28 Billion.

So like they left out the 8 and stuff.    Devon picks up the phone and buys Genoa City.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bc1795 said:

There was a mistake in Catherine's will.  She didn't leave Devon  2 Billion … it was  28 Billion.

So like they left out the 8 and stuff.    Devon picks up the phone and buys Genoa City.

Remind me again WHY Katherine left Devon the bulk of her estate? He wasn't her bio grandson right?

• Love 2