Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Requiem for a Poodle

• Start Topic

I was just at Wink a week or two ago. That's so weird. Anyway...

I usually hate or am bored by the Carole segments but the one this week when she was interviewing assistants wasn't so bad. I feel like she's definitely attempting to play a character. She's not doing a very good job of it but it leaves hope that the real Carole isn't this terrible and awkward. Also, I found it funny that almost all the applicants hadn't read her book.

I'm a skeptic to begin with but I would not pay that woman with her bag of tricks for that weird therapy session. There are people who will talk you through meditation that don't charge a ton and don't need special toys. Are you a healer or are you Carrot Top?

Dinner at Aviva's was gross but not as awful as it could have been. Sonja was weird. Was she jealous or acting out because of her own securities about her dating life? 

I've been on the "well, Josh doesn't seem so bad" side of things but it was not cool of him to hang around mocking Kristen while she did her workout video. I wonder if they would have hired her without the exposure from the show? Isn't the point with these workout videos to convince you that everything is effortless even though you kill yourself when you try it because they're not adapted to all body types and experience levels? 

Sonja is crazypants but I love my dog so I'm very sympathetic. Even if I did laugh when Siri was having none of it.

But oh, Lord, those funeral outfits. They were not doing this cast any favors. Let's just say it was very Death Becomes Her. 

George needs to crawl off the planet and die of the numerous STD's he contracted over the years. I don't want to see him again. But of course, he's back in all his disgusting glory at a friggin' SEX museum. Can't even react to his "fiancé". Take what you can get as long you can, girlfriend. He deserves to be ripped to financial shreds by those jewel-encrusted gold digging claws of yours.

Only Sonja could botch her pet's funeral. You know as soon as the camera crew left, the maintenance dpt hosed Millou's doggie dust into the river.

• Love 4

I feel bad for Sonja's new dog.  She shouldn't have gotten a new dog if she couldn't open her heart to him.  Poor puppy.  I wish they'd stage an intervention, take him from her and give him to someone that can love him instead of hating him because he isn't Milleu.

• Love 6

I've been on the "well, Josh doesn't seem so bad" side of things but it was not cool of him to hang around mocking Kristen while she did her workout video.

It definitely wasn't.  I was hoping she would ask how long it would take for Josh to grow some hair on his head.

I wonder if they would have hired her without the exposure from the show?

No way!

Isn't the point with these workout videos to convince you that everything is effortless even though you kill yourself when you try it because they're not adapted to all body types and experience levels?

I think the point is even bad publicity is good publicity.

I loved the New Orleans funeral vibe that some of the women, especially Ramona were going for.

Ditto!  Reminded me of Jessica Lange in the first episode of American Horror Story:  Coven. 

• Love 1

George makes me vomit. I really don't care if he once was (allegedly) a good person, he's a turd now. Even if Aviva was the greatest Housewife of them all, if her presence meant that George will be on tv, I'd want her gone. Given that I think she sucks, you can imagine how hard I hope she'll be fired at the end of the season. 

His fiancée must really likes money. I hope she's spoiled like a princess because she's obviously willing to work hard to earn some. Not that he'll really marry her but still. 

Thanks to Sonia and her 2541926th bizarre idea it was a good ending to an otherwhise kind of boring episode. She's really something that woman. Not sure what but something !

The women looked beautiful. Please marry me Heather.

rhony-recap-funeral.jpg

And thanks to whomever edit this show. The last image of Milou's ashes on the sidewalk cracked me up. 

• Love 1

I feel bad for Sonja's new dog.  She shouldn't have gotten a new dog if she couldn't open her heart to him.  Poor puppy.  I wish they'd stage an intervention, take him from her and give him to someone that can love him instead of hating him because he isn't Milleu.

I agree. My dog of 14 yrs died last December. I'm not ready for a new dog so I don't even think about getting a new one. She's not abusing the new dog from what I can see but she should love it more & stop comparing it to the Milleu.

Sonja & Ramona both exhaust me. They over talk everyone & never seem to listen. I would get a headache being in a conversation with them.

Aviva has zero story line so she has to bring in her pervert father. He is not funny, he's gross. The 25 yr old he's supposedly engaged to should be ashamed of herself. If he didn't have money she would not be dating him. She said they were dating for over 2 yrs so I guess she doesn't mind his other women as long as money is going her way. 

Heather, Carole & LuAnn would be the only ones I could hang out with. They seem much more "normal" & are able to communicate.

Kristen, I feel bad for her kids. She had said numerous times how they basically ruined her free time. She said last night she's not ready to stay at home with them. Maybe she should have thought about that before having them. I'm all for having a career & time to yourself but c'mon she has a nanny, does pilates, goes to the spa etc. She's not at home slaving over them like most stay at home moms. On top of it she doesn't even get up with them in the morning or cook dinner. Why does she need to sleep in if she doesn't work. I could see sleeping in a day or two a week but everyday he gets up with them. That's not fair. I feel bad for real stay at home moms or working moms that don't have her money or nannies. She should not be complaining.

• Love 1

Josh needs to be divorced immediately.  There is no way his comments to and about Kristen, especially when she's working in front a houseful of employers, is anything but aggressively insulting.  I don't think she's easy to be married to, but what he did was just beyond.  What an asshole.

Moaner's orange dress was the most unflattering outfit I've ever seen her in.  What was she thinking? 

And, George.  My god.  He's a sexual predator.  While Aviva says she's grossed out by him and disapproves of his behavior, what I see is that she's secretly enjoying the chaos he creates. 

I don't care for the brimmed hats worn by Lu and Heather.  Love the fascinators, though.  I'd love to get some of those made in my football team's colors.  I have a couple that I wear to games and in my opinion the combination of my Peyton Manning jersey with an orange and blue fascinator is a stylin' fashion statement.  lol

• Love 4

In regard to George, a big ditto to everything you all have said. My own theory as to why Aviva's mom drank herself to death is that she just wanted to get the hell away from him!

That sweet young thing he's engaged to is earning her money the hard way.

• Love 1

First, I would like to give a shout out to all the TWOP folks that are making the switch.  I have read that site's forums over the years like it's my job. LOL  I will miss it greatly.

Carol is straight up trying to play the Carrie Bradshaw character from Sex in the City!! The assistant scene really drove it home for me.  First, the scene in her apartment where she doesn't use her oven (Carrie put magazines in hers, I believe), to the taking care of someone else's dog (Aiden), to the awkward overshare date with the Gregory man.  Does she not realize that we all watched SATC?!!  I can't believe that she and Candice Bushnell did not run in the same circles...I'm sure she is very familiar with her body of work.

Sonja.  Ohhhhhhhhhh Sonja.  So these people are former interns? I swear I've seen the Elizabeth girl somewhere...maybe she was on another Bravo show, I seem to see the same people crossing over often.  Millionaire Matchmaker is often a safe bet as to where we've seen them before. 

Aviva and her father totally killed my buzz.  I hope they don't return next season.

It's interesting to watch the Ramona and MAREYO dynamic, knowing what we know now about the infidelity.

• Love 2

I am slowly making the move from the other site (that is soon to be closing) and I would really miss the snark with you all so here I am. 

I noticed at the dinner with Aviva, Sonja and Ramona that they got all excited and high fived that Jamie lived close to Sonja, they acted as if that is the only requirement for a relationship with/for Sonja! LOL.  Also, did you see the smirk on Ramona's face when Sonja was talking about what a master manipulator Ramona can be, she was taking it as a compliment, oy.

George, so vulgar oh so very vulgar is the only story line Aviva has, sad.  George has more of a story line with the fiancé, that ring was hideous and looked so fake and a bad fake to boot!

I was amused by the fact that Sonja wrote and stuck to the eulogy script but for a performance in the Hampton's she wings it.

If Kristin has a "pooch" there is truly no hope for me.

• Love 2

And, George.  My god.  He's a sexual predator.  While Aviva says she's grossed out by him and disapproves of his behavior, what I see is that she's secretly enjoying the chaos he creates. 

Of course, because next to him, she seems positively sane/rational/not-that-bad.  Plus, there's the extra bonus of "well, with a father like that, how could you not help being a little crazy?" which could excuse some of her behavior (I don't think it does, but other people might....).

Oh and on another note, that woman who was "laying hands" on Sonja at her house, Aleta St. James looked so familiar to me so I Googled her, she was the woman who (ten years ago) was a self proclaimed life coach decided to have a baby at age 57 and had twins so I am not sure if I would take her advice on anything! 

• Love 1

Also, did you see the smirk on Ramona's face when Sonja was talking about what a master manipulator Ramona can be, she was taking it as a compliment, oy.

I've been noticing Ramona smiling at inappropriate times all season. I haven't watched RHONYC for a full season before so I don't know if this is normal. It was making me wonder if some scenes were super scripted (as opposed to just slightly staged) and Ramona was a horrible actress. Now I'm thinking she might just enjoy the drama. She was smiling when she and Kristen had their first water/wine fight (side note: totally sounds like they had a Jesus turning water into wine fight by that description, take that how you will) and before/after other shouting matches and instances of blatant lying (I think she was smiling during the Heather hypocrite conversation and other similar scenes).

• Love 1

I was amused by the fact that Sonja wrote and stuck to the eulogy script but for a performance in the Hampton's she wings it.

Good point.  I never made that connection until I read your post, LOL!

I would have enjoyed this episode a great deal more had they left all of the footage of Aviva's dinner with Chester...I mean George, on the cutting room floor.  I don't find his perverted shenanigans entertaining in the least.  He can exit stage left and take his mannequinesque daughter with him, please.

My first post on this site...I'm a TWOP refugee without a home.  

• Love 6

My first post on this site...I'm a TWOP refugee without a home.  

Welcome to our new home! I'm so thrilled to see so many TWOPers migrating it's brought me out of lurkdom!

On topic: George is the most vile piece of human garbage I've ever seen. But I still don't like Aviva.

Heather is quickly becoming my favorite HW ever!

• Love 2

Welcome to our new home! I'm so thrilled to see so many TWOPers migrating it's brought me out of lurkdom!

On topic: George is the most vile piece of human garbage I've ever seen. But I still don't like Aviva.

Heather is quickly becoming my favorite HW ever!

George just disgusts me. He needs to be neutered and get a labotomy. Maybe, he will be tolerable then

• Love 2

There was a visible scar under Sonja's chin when she was laying down with that healer woman. Those scars are from chin implants. She's a very pretty woman, but there's definitely been some tweaking. Who knows what else?

• Love 2

Josh needs to be divorced immediately.  There is no way his comments to and about Kristen, especially when she's working in front a houseful of employers, is anything but aggressively insulting.  I don't think she's easy to be married to, but what he did was just beyond.  What an asshole.

Yes.  He's quite the asshole.  Not good looking or rich enough to stay married to after that!

• Love 2

Hi everyone....it's me from TWOP as well. Just getting my feet wet as I navigate around here! :)

There was a visible scar under Sonja's chin when she was laying down with that healer woman. Those scars are from chin implants. She's a very pretty woman, but there's definitely been some tweaking. Who knows what else?

Who knows what goes on with Sonja...anyone remember last season when she always had random bruises? Falling down drunk..literally?

• Love 3

I'm also a refugee of TWOP and happy to be here and see others from that community!  This looks slicker and I like the separation of threads here!  

On George, he is a disgusting pig.  When he essentially sexually assaulted Sonja the first time, he should have never appeared again on the show.  He's not funny.  He's not cute.  He's a disgusting predator that is only getting away with it now because of his age because for some reason he is seen as being a harmless old kook.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Also here from TWOP :-) I'm so torn on Josh and Kristen. I want to just say that he's a jerk, but Kristen really goads him. It just seems to be their warped dynamic. She is very needy, but he also can't win, so I think he's given up and just decided to have fun poking at her. I'll bet if she lightens up with the contant dissatisfaction and nagging, he will also lighten up with the mockery. Just a thought from someone who has been there and changed the dynamic to something more positive.

• Love 5
(edited)

George makes me vomit. I really don't care if he once was (allegedly) a good person, he's a turd now. Even if Aviva was the greatest Housewife of them all, if her presence meant that George will be on tv, I'd want her gone. Given that I think she sucks, you can imagine how hard I hope she'll be fired at the end of the season. 

His fiancée must really likes money. I hope she's spoiled like a princess because she's obviously willing to work hard to earn some. Not that he'll really marry her but still. 

Thanks to Sonia and her 2541926th bizarre idea it was a good ending to an otherwhise kind of boring episode. She's really something that woman. Not sure what but something !

The women looked beautiful. Please marry me Heather.

rhony-recap-funeral.jpg

And thanks to whomever edit this show. The last image of Milou's ashes on the sidewalk cracked me up. 

Heather looked fantastic! Head to toe great.

Waves at all TWoP people.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

I'm hoping the Aviva leg scene comes up soon and that's the last episode she's in. I'm still really curious what happens there.

I'm hoping she takes it off and throws it at Ramona after she has a "hair trigger response". Then she could go on to having some sort of George flashback while hobbling on a golf course or pool side or something else totally normal and generic like the Berkshires! That would be priceless.

• Love 3

I'm hoping the Aviva leg scene comes up soon and that's the last episode she's in. I'm still really curious what happens there.

That would be awesome, but I don't think we will be so lucky, although we do have the Montana trip coming up and Aviva doesn't go with them. My thoughts are the leg on the floor deal will be during the Season Finale. AC likes to make us wait for the good stuff.

The attached gives us a small glimpse of what the next three weeks will be about. Hard to believe we are at episode 13. AC has already started soliciting questions for the finale on Facebook.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/episodes/SH010309010000

Aviva was quite the picture of a school marm at Millou's funeral.

I thought the same thing! She dresses so old for her age. Maybe she's trying to be unattractive to her creepy father.

• Love 2

Aviva was quite the picture of a school marm at Millou's funeral.

I thought the same thing! She dresses so old for her age. Maybe she's trying to be unattractive to her creepy father.

At least she was funeral appropriate. Hey, weirdos. I know it's a doggy funeral but show some respect. It's not cocktail hour.

• Love 1

Regarding George, Aviva discusses how he had to be her mother's caregiver for years due to her alcoholism in Leggy Blonde. After her death, he took full advantage of being a free man. She also answers questions people have about amputees and, says that her prosthesis is locked in place, so there's no way you could pull it off of her. I'm curious to know how it ends up on the floor.

• Love 1

Hi everyone, thank you for the warm welcome over here.

I totally agree that Heather looked fabulous at the dog funeral. As for Aviva, that style of button-through shirt dress went out of fashion in about 1967. Just awful.

• Love 4

It finally happened, my beloved twop forums are gone :(

I hope most posters come here because the snark is what makes these shows half enjoyable.

George is a horrible person, a despicable pervert but he has lots of money and he obviously has found a gold digger who is willing to take him to task. IMO is all staged, there is no way that George is going to marry that girl and there is no way that anybody with all a brain will have anything to do with such a misogynist asshole.

I just hope after this season Aviva gets the ax, and that means no more George. She has either been absent or utterly boring this entire season. The show goes on very nicely in her absence. Her father is a prick and there is absolutely no reason we should be subjected to him putting his hands (and prick) on women without their permission. I don't even think he's just trying to be funny. I think he loves intentionally shocking people and making them uncomfortable. Have we ever seen him have a conversation about anything other than sex? He couldn't go into his daughter's bedroom and comment on how lovely her new place turned out....he had to go straight to talking about a mirror on the ceiling. He just crosses way too many lines, and I have to say after this season it will be a deal breaker for me.

• Love 3

Hi PTvers! Thought I would make my first post here to show the suits and money crunchers that they may have taken our TwoP from us, but the snark will always find a way to live on.  I don't have much to add about this episode because it contained two things that I always FF through:  sad things about dogs, and George.  But, I did enjoy the scene with Carole and Ramona together. However, I'm confused.  I thought Carole already had an assistant?  Didn't they show her with some good looking guy in her apartment that she introduced as her assistant a couple of episodes ago?  And if so, why can't she keep her fake story lines straight?

• Love 3
(edited)

I commented on this episode before the other board shut down, so I'm going to try not to prattle much, but I always end up doing it anyway. But first I'd like to say Hi there! Love the boards here, and hope to get to know you all! I'm really happy to have found this place.

Sonja, despite the seemingly ridiculous doggy funeral display, touched my heart when she finally opened up with the healer -very simple exercise, no idea why you'd need the toys except to perhaps enhance the awareness of the senses, or pay tons for it when you can teach yourself, but imo helping Sonja in retrieving that sensual/emotional connection and what the healer did made sense to me. Her price for doing so is what I wonder about, because it's such a simple thing to learn yourself. Over the seasons Sonja has seemingly numbed and buried herself in denial and walled herself off from reality, and it was getting uncomfortable to watch at times. Hopefully in continuing to grieve, she'll return to her senses. Girl, you made some shitty mistakes and miss your old life too, time to heal, keep it moving and get yourself together, I think. Lift some of that baggage, and not the kind you think is constantly going to get stolen by locals on your trips.

In general, I thought all of the ladies looked lovely at the funeral. Carole's outfit was my personal favorite. I actually loved Aviva's trench dress, I just think she styles herself so much older, among other things. If her hair was worn down in soft waves or something, and she had a cute little hat like Carol or perhaps Luann, she'd look great imo. I also often think it's her bodily posture and her tone that presents this vibe in it's full effect. Maybe no matter what she wore, she'd still be giving me matronly vibes, because in my mind's memory, she presents herself so stoically and seriously all the time, and never seems like any fun at all, so I can't really imagine her as anything else.

George. I just can't. Like I said in the other forum, I'm writing to Bravo and I have. I'm positive that they are sharp enough to know the reaction he'd provoke from a viewing audience full of women and that they still decided to televise his sexual assault on them as entertainment fodder disgusts me. There are survivors out there watching this too, and I can't imagine watching George brings up any pleasant feelings. The whole scene at dinner was ridiculous. He has zero, zero boundaries. When he asked Sonja if she'd like to see his ... ugh. I would have said I find it more entertaining to hear a joke than to see one. If he came near me and tried me, I would absolutely have a compulsively self protective reaction. Whether that would mean a light smack or getting impaled on a soup spoon, I can't really say. No way would I politely gasp and passively giggle my shock into a napkin at his disturbing behavior, and I'm surprised at the reaction I saw. No one asserted to gross George that he was out of line. I really hope one of them speaks up finally, and the others get enough guts to ride on that and collectively lay into him, he damn well deserves it.

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 1

Hi everyone, thank you for the warm welcome over here.

I totally agree that Heather looked fabulous at the dog funeral. As for Aviva, that style of button-through shirt dress went out of fashion in about 1967. Just awful.

Those type dresses are back.

• Love 2

Personally, I'm hoping that leading up to it we're treated to an Aviva meltdown that would rival an erupting volcano.

If season 5 is any indication, Aviva doesn't really tend lose her shit until she's on vacation. I feel like she's saving her epic freak out for the cast trip. And if precious Reid can't be there to hold her hand, so much the better for us.

Howdy from TWOP: just trying out the posting here. Of course I had to start here. Love these ladies; definitely the most stylish of all the other RH shows, if you ask me.

• Love 1

If season 5 is any indication, Aviva doesn't really tend lose her shit until she's on vacation. I feel like she's saving her epic freak out for the cast trip. And if precious Reid can't be there to hold her hand, so much the better for us.

Is the cast trip this season to Montana? If so, Aviva opts out. At least that's the word on the street.

The first few episodes were Aviva heavy, so I'm thrilled she will be missing again.

As for Aviva's dress , I thought she looked like the mean head mistress of an all girl school in the 50's

I have seen the dress worn well but the black color and Aviva's slicked back hair it all looked to severe.

• Love 2