Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Requiem for a Poodle

• Start Topic

(edited)

Good morning to all. I am also migrating from Twop. I see a couple of familiar names already. And other good commentary as well.

I look forward to wasting many hours with you.

I live in NYC and that's why this is one of my favorites. But I had to fast forward through the dog funeral. I wish I had fast forwarded through George's disgusting remarks. I've met men like him over the years. They use their remarks as a form of aggression when they have you as a captive audience in an office or at an event. It's always disturbing. But his level of explicitness was unprecedented in my experience. I wish he and Annoying Aviva were off the TV, but I still need to find out about the leg lying on the floor. It's clear they're going to make us hold out for the last episode.

Edited by GussieK
(edited)

Ugh, Gussie, why do I feel like the leg shot was just done when Aviva was likely changing her heeled leg into her other leg or something and they tossed out that clip to manipulate interest like they tossed out Brandi from rhobh saying "bring it, bitch" to someone (thought to be Lisa) and it never aired, we all got taken. I'm starting to think as much, but nonetheless I've got my eyes Ramona-wide and potato peeled for that scene.

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 1

Those type dresses are back.

Here's the thing--I didn't hate the dress. I think it would've nice on Heather or Kristen or anyone who has a younger vibe about them. Veevs just seems so much older than her years.

• Love 1

Yep, word on the street is that Aviva doesn't go to Montana. That makes two outings that she missed. I cannot imagine AC and company took kindly to that, hence she gets left out of the credits. She made matters worse by retweeting some nasty comments her fans were making about how pissed they were to see her left out. Some of them specifically calling out Andy. Not smart in my opinion.

Tamra on the OC once said that the trips are grueling, and even if they are going somewhere fantastic, most of the gals dread them. Like any other type of travel, tempers tend to flair up and more drama generally ensues. Clearly they are not always made to go, but it is strongly encouraged. I would think the fact that Aviva opted out of two of them would not bode well for her when contracts are renegotiated next season. More than anything she missed valuable camera time and many folks realized they frankly like the show better when she is not around.

• Love 2

Hello, also a former TWOPer here. I like this format!

I tweeted Andy, Bravo & Bravo producers about my disgust with George. Called them out for turning sexual harassment and assault into a sick form of entertainment. Hope more will get on their backs about that.

• Love 6

Ok, I'm not going to ding anyone from mentioning they come over from TWoP but please leave the baggage you may or may not have from that site behind us. Thanks. 

• Love 4

Regarding George, Aviva discusses how he had to be her mother's caregiver for years due to her alcoholism in Leggy Blonde..

Im sure George had a difficult time caring for a sick person. I dont wish that on anyone. My issue with George is he knows he is being gross ,and that he makes people uncomfortable. He loves that and thats what I dont like. He isnt respectful at all. Aviva isnt very respectful either but at least she isnt gross.

• Love 1
I like Aviva's dress the best.  I'm not sure it fit that well, that might be the problem.

I agree. I really like that type of dress myself, it would be the one I would have been most likely to well. But yes, the fit was off and there's just something about the way she carries herself. Combined with the severe hairdo and hair color that totally washes her out - she just never looks good to me.

• Love 1

Clearly they are not always made to go, but it is strongly encouraged.

I always have a mental image of this happening when it comes to any of the housewives not wanting to participate in something.  I'll use Kelli Bensimon since she maintains she was "forced" to go on the Scary Island trip.

KELLI:  Andy, I'm not comfortable around those women.  I don't want to go on that trip.

ANDY:  Well, Kelli, you should give some more thought to that.  You might change your mind.

KELLI:  No, Andy, seriously.  I'm not going.

ANDY:  Well, of course, we can't FORCE you to go, Kelli.  Let's just take a look at a your contract and see how that might effect your salary for this season or your return for next season, shall we?

KELLI:  Well, I guess I could go, now that you put it that way, Andy.

I always figured the insistence on Kelli's part that she was "forced" to go and Andy's equal insistence that she was not forced to go probably goes down something like the above.  Yes, Bravo can't force you to do anything...But they can damned sure make your salary and/or contact negotiations perilous if you do refuse.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Regarding dog funeral attire, I love the fact that the HWs dressed in the spirit of the occasion. It was an OTT affair and sexy cocktail dresses and fascinators seemed appropriate. I really loved Heather, Carol, and Kristin's looks from head-to-toe. It's like Aviva heard "funeral" and took it seriously.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 5
Regarding dog funeral attire, I love the fact that the HWs dressed in the spirit of the occasion. It was an OTT affair and sexy cocktail dresses and fascinators seemed appropriate. I really loved Heather, Carol, and Kristin's looks from head-to-toe. It's like Aviva heard "funeral" and took it seriously.

Totally agree. This was not a traditional funeral. Honestly, I don't wonder if the entire thing wasn't for show. since Sonja doesn't have much going in the way of a storyline. So why not show up looking fabulous? And really, I bet Milou would have appreciated their attire.

• Love 3

I always have a mental image of this happening when it comes to any of the housewives not wanting to participate in something.  I'll use Kelli Bensimon since she maintains she was "forced" to go on the Scary Island trip.

KELLI:  Andy, I'm not comfortable around those women.  I don't want to go on that trip.

ANDY:  Well, Kelli, you should give some more thought to that.  You might change your mind.

KELLI:  No, Andy, seriously.  I'm not going.

ANDY:  Well, of course, we can't FORCE you to go, Kelli.  Let's just take a look at a your contract and see how that might effect your salary for this season or your return for next season, shall we?

KELLI:  Well, I guess I could go, now that you put it that way, Andy.

I always figured the insistence on Kelli's part that she was "forced" to go and Andy's equal insistence that she was not forced to go probably goes down something like the above.  Yes, Bravo can't force you to do anything...But they can damned sure make your salary and/or contact negotiations perilous if you do refuse.

Even in the event that Bravo forced her to go which I doubt (there is clearly a huge difference between reality and Kelli's perception of reality, but surely nobody forced her to act like a loon, that was all on Kelli and a gift to Bravo from her.

Aviva can miss every single trip and I wouldn't miss her.

(edited)

Aviva can miss every single trip and I wouldn't miss her.

I wouldn't either.  In fact, I wish Bravo would just do a quick re-edit and leave everything to do with Aviva and her twisted father on the cutting room floor.  Ugh.

I'm pretty sure Aviva has enough money (pretty sure, but not positive since you can never tell with these housewives' financial statuses) that no amount of "persuasion" to get her to go on that Montana trip would have effected her.  Like Adrienne Maloof on RHoBH, I think Aviva can afford to just tell Bravo to shove that contract up their ass and walk away.

And I really wish she would so they'd get rid of her.  I can't see where she's adding anything at all to the show this season, unless she does some epic volcanic meltdown later in the season.  Even at that, it'd have to pretty damned jaw-dropping to make up for having to see and hear George.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

Hi everyone!  Used to be swineinny on the now dead TWOP.  Trying to get used to all the threads here.  It's a bit overwhelming.  Anyhoo, can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sorta diggin' Harry this season.  Anyone else feel the same?  His bemused looks at the funeral were a hoot!

• Love 2
(edited)

Anyone who associates with Aviva on purpose (minus the Bravo paycheque incentive) is automatically suspect to me. And thus, Harry's charms are completely lost on me.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 1

See Harry wins bonus points from me for divorcing her ass (whether he initiated it or not) & he kinda has to associate with her for a reason that is worth more than Bravo money, it is Harrison.

There are certain people you couldn't pay me enough to be around but I would suck it up in the best interest of my son.

• Love 3

Oh, I know Harry is still a scuzzball character, but at least he ain't Slade. Altho, without his parents' deep pockets, maybe he might be?

Harry's more like Arthur, a somewhat lovable drunk waiting for his inheritance.

• Love 1

Howdy from TWOP: just trying out the posting here. Of course I had to start here. Love these ladies; definitely the most stylish of all the other RH shows, if you ask me.

I thought you said you were HOWARD from TWOP. I'm glad I was wrong.

• Love 6

Hi everyone!  Used to be swineinny on the now dead TWOP.  Trying to get used to all the threads here.  It's a bit overwhelming.  Anyhoo, can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sorta diggin' Harry this season.  Anyone else feel the same?  His bemused looks at the funeral were a hoot!

Delighted to see you, Scoobie/swineinny!!!

I loved Harry when he was listening to Sonja prattle away about her various endeavors.  He just looked as unimpressed as I felt listening to her and just kept telling her to "finish one."

I can't wait to see what happens when Sonja is crying because Harry gives her a ring and then takes off with LuAnn in a car.

Looks like that situation will be very interesting indeed.  

...why do I feel like the leg shot was just done when Aviva was likely changing her heeled leg into her other leg or something and they tossed out that clip to manipulate interest ...

Hello also from a former (occasional) TWOP poster.  I like the forums as much as the shows, also, so I hope ya'll continue to "bring it, New York style," to quote Heather "Holla" Thomson, my all time favorite housewife.

And here's my theory on Aviva's leg:  she takes it off HERSELF to throw it at someone, or to make the point that it really is fake, or something.  We know from the season-to-come spoilers that at one point she brings an X-ray of her lungs to show Kristen that she really has asthma or something, so I figure leg-tossing is the natural next step. At least that's the word on the street.  Holla!

• Love 3

I thought you said you were HOWARD from TWOP. I'm glad I was wrong.

Good grief. I had the same momentary scare!

As for the funeral looks, I really thought that Heather brought it. Ordinarily I don't quite understand her outfits, but she looked really good there.

• Love 1

The funeral and Sonja were cringe worthy BUT saved by the ladies lovely funeral chic outfits and their trying to hide fits of giggles was pretty funny too. Both Sonja and Kenya should hire Phaedra for their future pet memorials. I can only imagine the pomp and nonsense of those events.

Is the cast trip this season to Montana? If so, Aviva opts out. At least that's the word on the street.

The first few episodes were Aviva heavy, so I'm thrilled she will be missing again.

As for Aviva's dress , I thought she looked like the mean head mistress of an all girl school in the 50's

I have seen the dress worn well but the black color and Aviva's slicked back hair it all looked to severe.

I thought the exact same thing about Aviva's outfit! She looked like an old, snarly, bitch.

• Love 1
I loved Harry when he was listening to Sonja prattle away about her various endeavors.  He just looked as unimpressed as I felt listening to her and just kept telling her to "finish one."

I can't wait to see what happens when Sonja is crying because Harry gives her a ring and then takes off with LuAnn in a car.

I find Harry oddly attractive, which I know is weird.  And sometimes he cracks me up with his reactions to Sonja and her craziness. But I am holding my opinion of him entirely until we see the season play out. I don't care how loopy Ms. Sexy J is, you don't play games with people's minds and emotions. 

I like Harry too but only in connection to various cast members. He's an interesting combo of ex husband, father, sweaty aging playboy, dated (or more) at least two (or more) cast members shows up to round out the Housewife dinner table. He's just another version of the typical gay husband that has become a Housewife staple but I don't really want to know more. He can continue to be a just be plus one and that will be enough.

(edited)

Good grief. I had the same momentary scare!

As for the funeral looks, I really thought that Heather brought it. Ordinarily I don't quite understand her outfits, but she looked really good there.

Oh Hell no, sorry about that!!!

*snip*

Speaking of assholes, I hope we don't get another uncomfortable scene like that one with Josh taking pot-shots at his wife while she actually works. He's quickly joining the longggg list of ickiest HW husbands ever. It's actually shocking how awful most of the husbands on these shows are---it's like they don't have a fuck to give about how hideous their antics are going to really appear on national tv.

Edited by Lisin
Please leave all TWoP mod baggage at the door. Thanks
  • Love 2

I just don't get why Kristen is still with Josh.  He treats her like shit and knows it and laughs about it.  She is bothered by it but really lets it continue by not being more aggressive when telling him to stop.