Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

But it seems like every single one of these beautiful 20-something year old girls has done something to their face - there’s A LOT of injectables, fillers, and Botox floating around. I didnt get my first Botox until before my wedding, and I got married at 38 years old. I can’t imagine the pressure these girls are under to be prettier, sexier, younger looking than the next.  I know how prevalent these things are nowadays, but it still makes me sad.  

I do think MTT is a bad environment for the girls, but as for the "changing face" thing maybe it's not fair to compare the current girls from the girls in season 1 because it's been 15 years and a lot more normal people (non celebrities) change there face so it's partially just the cultural dynamic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Kamal said:

I do think MTT is a bad environment for the girls, but as for the "changing face" thing maybe it's not fair to compare the current girls from the girls in season 1 because it's been 15 years and a lot more normal people (non celebrities) change there face so it's partially just the cultural dynamic.

Oh I totally agree! Fillers and injectables are much much more prevalent and FAR less taboo in today’s society than they were 20 years ago when I was in my 20s. I mean, Botox was a word that was practically whispered, behind backs and closed doors. I have a close friend from high school who still won’t admit that she gets “maintained.”  Her thought is to get just enough that it doesn’t look like she needs it because she doesn’t want people talking about it. I just wish today’s 20-somethings didn’t feel like they *have* to get these things. I wish I had my 20-year old skin! And my 30-year old ambition. But keep my 40-year old paycheck. 

• Love 4

I believe it's sad that anyone on the team would even think of Botox, fillers, injections, etc.  They are still young and do not need it.  These young women mask with a vengeance.  The focus (put on by themselves to themselves)  is put so much on their "beauty" which is only the outside and not on substance such as intelligence and kindness and the real world.  There are beautiful, intelligent and kind DCC but when they start down that path of all the botox etc I wonder how these women will handle 40. What about 50 when perimenopause hits and weight gain is inevitable.  It also makes them come across as vapid.  Kelsey Lowrance (IMO one of the prettiest DCC ever) at times could not win a look a like contest of herself and Lacey is sadly heading down the same road.  Kelli Q and Taylor P are enamored with so many filters that some of their posts look cartoonish.  All these women are very beautiful and do not need all of the stuff I do.

Got to love the ones like Lauren who post pictures of them looking the girl next door working out without tons of makeup.  Brennan looked cute in her makeup less or minimal makeup cheering on Lily at the airport.  Kelli Q used to post some dance class pictures that she looked younger because less make up and less severe eyebrows.

I support any girl who wants bigger breasts or a nose job if they want it for themselves and not cause someone tells them they need it.  Heather O's and Lacey's nose jobs made them look "prettier." However, the fear of aging in your 20's and early 30's is scary.  Just can't imagine when they hit the age of kids and a real job that they do not have the time or money for all of this or as I said the 40's and 50's.  

• Love 9
On 5/18/2021 at 8:12 PM, MeeMee2 said:

Lily looks great and happy. :)  Congratulations to her!  I've seen too many girls who got cut from DCC move on from dancing/cheering period. Talk about a role model. Hope the Broncos treat her well and she ends up their PBC someday. 

I think it is great she went a different direction!  Good for her :)

• Love 6
On 5/17/2021 at 10:33 PM, DCCOracle said:

dbc_lily_187304021_4286275831405498_3590581363551891361_n.thumb.jpg.990d79b13a90b341df982ed24e099d4b.jpg

The difference is like night and day. She looks like she was able to take a deep breath, drink a big glass of water and just relax and be herself. She's a totally different person. I'm so happy for her!

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

The difference is like night and day. She looks like she was able to take a deep breath, drink a big glass of water and just relax and be herself. She's a totally different person. I'm so happy for her!

As much as I love Lilly I feel bad for her going to the Broncos after podcast that was done and Broncos was big topic 

28 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

As much as I love Lilly I feel bad for her going to the Broncos after podcast that was done and Broncos was big topic 

Can you please summarise what was said on the podcast? I don't have the patience to listen to it 🤣

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Can you please summarise what was said on the podcast? I don't have the patience to listen to it 🤣

She basically called them out for not being diverse cutting one of their woc who was a vet !! Apprently there was some issues that came up last year during the movement some of the girls apprently spoke up and they were brushed off 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

The Titans just did a live squad reveal and Heather Hamilton was chosen for the team.

HHtitans.JPG

Yeah she is good friends with the cherographer of the team !! She teaches some at her studio 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 5/18/2021 at 1:08 AM, Kamal said:

That's true...

Kristen I think is close with the 3rd year going on 4th girls also (but a different group og girls from Chandi and Lily's group)

Actually, it looks like Lily is gonna be one of Kristen’s Bridesmaids 

8F6C8602-6F72-41D5-9701-67FBC7127D85.jpeg

• Love 10
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

The Titans just did a live squad reveal and Heather Hamilton was chosen for the team.

HHtitans.JPG

GOOD FOR HER!!!  She's one of the DCC cuts that still makes me mad!  TPTB all said that she had a great rookie year and that she was spunky and fun to watch and then they cut her???  It made ZERO sense.  She was one of my favorites.

• Love 19

Heather looks absolutely gorgeous on that picture. I prefer this Heather over DCC Heather. Don’t know why but she just radiates and looks so happy

• Love 14
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Heather looks absolutely gorgeous on that picture. I prefer this Heather over DCC Heather. Don’t know why but she just radiates and looks so happy

Imo the lighter hair color and spray tan is more flattering on her than her DCC look. Also, it makes me so happy that she came back to pro cheerleading after multiple years off. Just proves the door never closed on your dreams :-)

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Video of heather dancing during the audition and in studio.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPKBZEEDa_7/

Oh I feel almost guilty saying it, but I’m not a fan. Maybe it’s just weird camera angles? Tho I was surprised she made DCC in the first place, her and Allie both. They’re both in that group of DCC every season where I don’t get why they made it and they’re cut the next year. Happens every freaking season. TPTB are hard to figure out sometimes.  

• Love 2

Heather and Lily both look so happy and well. But I wonder why Lily decided to go for Broncos. I also wonder why Heather waited 3 years before trying another team. 

• Love 2

I clicked on Sleepy Jean’s video of Heather. If you scan to the last video, it looks like it may be part of her audition solo. Talk about being able to spin & keep centered!!!! Eat your heart out VK!  Also I think she may have seen an  orthodontist as she had buck teeth that really bothered me. I wonder also if they might have done something to her jaw.  She is absolutely gorgeous now!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I clicked on Sleepy Jean’s video of Heather. If you scan to the last video, it looks like it may be part of her audition solo. Talk about being able to spin & keep centered!!!! Eat your heart out VK!  Also I think she may have seen an  orthodontist as she had buck teeth that really bothered me. I wonder also if they might have done something to her jaw.  She is absolutely gorgeous now!

That may explain the three years......

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I still can't fathom how in the world DCC ever let this girl go. This kind of ability, her inner and outer beauty, her passion for the organization and the character of this person is what TPTB always says they're looking for to represent them. Her dismissal has quite frankly turned me off to the whole DCC world class and family claims. They talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk...

They just have a one track mind. Same way that they prob was lying to Brennan's face when she made the team, don't think Kelli truly ever wanted Brennan on the team and prob have been plotting her revenge on how to get Brennan off the squad since.

Has anyone mentioned that Kelsey Bond is pregnant. And looks like Olivier Sharber is back in Dallas and working in the same estate agent as Kelsey now, unless Kelsey left that Beth something estate agent and moved to New York or wherever Olivier was living. Assuming she was still a Rockette right up to pandemic.

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, cherryblossom said:

I always thought she was a little mousey when she was a DCC, she definitely looks good now!  

• Love 3
On 5/21/2021 at 6:18 PM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Imo the lighter hair color and spray tan is more flattering on her than her DCC look

i find this interesting, because i've been thinking the opposite. i actually think the medium brown hair is better on heather...the lighter one is kind of dull and washes her out imo

i always thought she was super cute, buck teeth and all. happy for her

16 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

kick.jpg

this made my jaw drop lol aww she looks so happy

• Love 5

I completely agree these girls are way to young to be shooting up their faces with fillers and Botox. The only thing they should be doing to their faces is putting sunscreen on it every day. That is wrinkle prevention! 

it seems like the changes to the DCC organization began when Kelli and Charlotte started noticing and making cringe-worthy comments about their faces not being ¨HD ready “ or pointing out a girl with a BMI of 15 looks “heavy” on their big screen. It’s sad. They have to have a thick skin to watch that show and hear the nasty things they say about them. I wonder how many of these girls exhibit eating disordered behaviors because the thinner the better?

I miss the years when the girl next door could work hard and make the team without being the runner up for Miss America, a rockette, or a supermodel.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

They have to have a thick skin to watch that show and hear the nasty things they say about them.

Right? If I were Maddie, I never would have auditioned again after hearing them say that a makeover "wouldn't change her face." 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 5/19/2021 at 8:27 AM, TB12 said:

I think TPTB should be second guessing themselves but I'm not sure Kelli has any awareness outside of herself to know that she's made so many critical blunders over the years. The first few seasons were so fun but then the obvious favoritism started. For me it was with McKenzie and her short, very tight kicks. They overlooked and kept saying they saw improvement. Ummm I didn't see improvement what I saw was a beautiful girl they made an exception for. Fast forward to Taylor who was equally as pretty but maybe not in their eyes who they cut bc she had the same kicks. This is not about the girls who slid through its about the obvious money grabbing, publicity machine DCC has become. Don't even get me started on Veruca that whole scene really did the show in. Allowing her "the respect she deserved to lose 11 pounds" she gained IN TRAINING CAMP??? When so many others didn't make it back or even make training camp/the team. I've adored DCC since I was seven but I never entertained the idea of trying out. I can only imagine how crushing & embarrassing it is to some of these women and to the others who make it and become shells of who they were to keep TPTB happy, that's a no ma'am for me... 

Whew Lord help me because I thought you were talking about horrible makeover/haircut Taylor from the same 2011 TCC.  You mean lifted truck Taylor from 2015 lol 

I agree with everything you said. I adored MacKenzie but she should not have made the team with those kicks. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Whew Lord help me because I thought you were talking about horrible makeover/haircut Taylor from the same 2011 TCC.  You mean lifted truck Taylor from 2015 lol 

I agree with everything you said. I adored MacKenzie but she should not have made the team with those kicks. 

Hahahaha horrible makeover Taylor!!! But that brings up my annoyance with mean girl Cassie calling her out like she did then her equally mean girl cronie Ally Traylor jumping in. Taylor was a mess but that was really uncalled for. I think Cassie didn't like her bc even though Taylor was a mess Judy seemed amused by her. It was actually the ONE TIME i saw what looked like genuine empathy from Kelli...

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Hahahaha horrible makeover Taylor!!! But that brings up my annoyance with mean girl Cassie calling her out like she did then her equally mean girl cronie Ally Traylor jumping in. Taylor was a mess but that was really uncalled for. I think Cassie didn't like her bc even though Taylor was a mess Judy seemed amused by her. It was actually the ONE TIME i saw what looked like genuine empathy from Kelli...

Exactly. I cringe and mute whenever they get to that scene.

Was Cassie even Taylor's group leader? If she was, I kinda get it. But even so, i don't think that should have been done in front of everyone and Judy should not have encourage Cassie to speak on her like that. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Was Cassie even Taylor's group leader? If she was, I kinda get it. But even so, i don't think that should have been done in front of everyone and Judy should not have encourage Cassie to speak on her like that. 

Sometimes I wonder if the point of doing it in front of everybody was to show "See, Cassie doesn't come to me & snitch on the girls."

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Dr. Donna said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQlqCCr9cq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Lily posted about a surprise going away party hosted/attended by DCCs and alums. It looks like she was, as Kelli says, "A locker room favorite."

Nice to see the women in a more relaxed setting. I didn't recognize Kat.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 1.11.35 PM.jpg

This was very satisfying to see. Make sure you watch the video of when Lily walks in on the surprise and watch Bridget. It appears that she and Lily had a very special connection that is shown in many moments during MTT segments, but this is the best ever. And I don't mean this in a derogatory manner, but as a comparison to the joy that is witnessed here, watching Bridget's reaction after seeing Lily walk through the door is the same reaction I see from my dog everytime I come home. Pure, unadulterated excitement that can't be contained. Bridget is another of my all time favorites, what a doll, and what a great moment for Lily courtesy of some really special friends. Kudos to all these girls...

Edited by Trulyadorkable
Spelling
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, Trulyadorkable said:

This was very satisfying to see. Make sure you watch the video of when Lily walks in on the surprise and watch Bridget. It appears that she and Lily had a very special connection that is shown in many moments during MTT segments, but this is the best ever. And I don't mean this in a derogatory manner, but as a comparison to the joy that is witnessed here, watching Bridget's reaction after seeing Lily walk through the door is the same reaction I see from my dog everytime I come home. Pure, unadulterated excitement that can't be contained. Bridget is another of my all time favorites, what a doll, and what a great moment for Lily courtesy of some really special friends. Kudos to all these girls...

She thanked Bridget for flying in from Arizona for it. I thought she was from CA but must live in AZ now. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm still a relatively new member in these forums and I haven't yet figured out how everything works or what everything means. So here's one I haven't figured out yet. I have a post on page 99 of this topic in reference to a picture of Lily doing a very high kick at her Denver Broncos audition. In the top right corner of my post, there is a pink pennant with a white heart inside it. I don't see it on any of my other posts, only this one. I know what the hearts on the bottom of the post are, but not the one on top. Is there anyone who can tell me what that signifies? I'm very curious of what it means. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me find its meaning.

Edited by Trulyadorkable
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I still cannot even fathom how that Taylor made it to training camp. She was bad. 

Interesting though, because that clip did nothing good for Cassie. I am surprised it didn't get cut out so golden girl Cassie looked better.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She thanked Bridget for flying in from Arizona for it. I thought she was from CA but must live in AZ now. 

I had read that in Lily's post. Again, her flying in for this suggests the strong bond between them.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I still cannot even fathom how that Taylor made it to training camp. She was bad.

I think because she was a teen beauty pageant winner.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Trulyadorkable said:

58 minutes ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I'm still a relatively new member in these forums and I haven't yet figured out how everything works or what everything means. So here's one I haven't figured out yet. I have a post on page 99 of this topic in reference to a picture of Lily doing a very high kick at her Denver Broncos audition. In the top right corner of my post, there is a pink pennant with a white heart inside it. I don't see it on any of my other posts, only this one. I know what the hearts on the bottom of the post are, but not the one on top. Is there anyone who can tell me what that signifies? I'm very curious of what it means. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me find its meaning.

Because you hit more than 25 likes!  It's an honor.

Edited by Opine
Accidentally copied in the wrong comment and it won't let me delete.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3