Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 4/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, vanillagum said:

it really takes guts to go out for another squad after getting dropped from DCC...because they're the best of the best, so anything else is automatically a downgrade and being on a lower-tier squad is a constant reminder. (or at least that's how i would feel lol.) it's admirable that she's putting that aside to keep doing what she loves—dancing, on a team—regardless of squad reputation. kudos to her. she's a cutie, and i have a soft spot for her

she wasn't the best dancer, but she was good enough, and i think the fact she seemed to be a really loved teammate says a lot

With all due respect, they WERE the "best of the best." Sadly, Kelli and Charlotte have sacrificed that "world class" aspect for $$$ from CMT and being reality TV personalities. The created drama, the fake tension, cutting wonderful, outstanding veterans AND promising rookies in the name of TV show ratings has tumbled the DCC and the DCC brand into the land of being about the same as any other NFL team. It's hard to say exactly when the show - and the DCC powers that be - jumped the shark. But the last few seasons and teams have been anything BUT "world class."

• Love 10
On 5/5/2021 at 6:32 PM, StellaCL said:

Of course. They already use recruiters for DCC candidates. They are pretty mum about that - probably because they want to keep their golden image that it is such a desired and honored team that ladies will travel from everywhere on the globe to be part of it. Truth is, some of these ladies are targeted and courted well in advance. Telling Megan what she wanted to hear for the sake of a storyline and ratings in season 5 is by no means a stretch. Makes me wonder if season 4 was blah, and they needed some Megan F. back to spice it up again. She was quite memorable and beautiful and they used her for the sake of a tv show.

SO true! They mentioned during auditions that Megan F. hadn't improved. So WHY EVEN TAKE HER BACK?!? The fact that they did it for some drama is just another indication that they started to sacrifice the team itself (and the women on it and trying out to be on it) for the sake of TV and that sweet, sweet $$$ from CMT. Just so sad. I'm trying to remember her last name, her first name is Shelly (not Bramhall) and she did a guest appearance as a kickline/jumpline coach in one of the early seasons, she's tall, blonde, and a former DCC AND she was (and maybe still is) a recruiter for them.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Nene said:

I'm trying to remember her last name, her first name is Shelly (not Bramhall) and she did a guest appearance as a kickline/jumpline coach in one of the early seasons, she's tall, blonde, and a former DCC AND she was (and maybe still is) a recruiter for them.

I believe you're thinking of Shelly Roper McCaslin.

42 minutes ago, Nene said:

With all due respect, they WERE the "best of the best." Sadly, Kelli and Charlotte have sacrificed that "world class" aspect for $$$ from CMT and being reality TV personalities. The created drama, the fake tension, cutting wonderful, outstanding veterans AND promising rookies in the name of TV show ratings has tumbled the DCC and the DCC brand into the land of being about the same as any other NFL team. It's hard to say exactly when the show - and the DCC powers that be - jumped the shark. But the last few seasons and teams have been anything BUT "world class."

i’m just talking about how the average person sees them 

14 hours ago, Nene said:

SO true! They mentioned during auditions that Megan F. hadn't improved. So WHY EVEN TAKE HER BACK?!? The fact that they did it for some drama is just another indication that they started to sacrifice the team itself (and the women on it and trying out to be on it) for the sake of TV and that sweet, sweet $$$ from CMT. Just so sad. I'm trying to remember her last name, her first name is Shelly (not Bramhall) and she did a guest appearance as a kickline/jumpline coach in one of the early seasons, she's tall, blonde, and a former DCC AND she was (and maybe still is) a recruiter for them.

If you want to put a rose colored spin on things, TPTB might have heard from brooke (her roommate) how much she had improved, had been taking more classes, had been coached with other DCC, etc. Or could have been effed up storyline too for sure. If she wasn’t showing improvement during auditions, def no point in bringing her into camp again. 

• Love 1
On 5/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Gingi1976 said:

I’ve always believed that someone, somewhere made it known to Megan F. that if she tried out in S5 she’d make the team. First words out of her mouth when she got cut were “why did you take me back if you knew you were going to cut me.”

I have often wondered if K&J told Brooke that only Meghan or her BFF Stephanie could make it and Brooke chose Stephanie. Stephanie got away with a lot of things that most first time training camp girls wouldn't have gotten away with. Especialy getting called in with the other vets that were on weight warning. 

• Useful 3
4 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

vlcsnap-2021-01-03-15h52m55s042.thumb.jpg.0449b7ccd82ac3ad6687d9251a3fc29e.jpg

LOL... ok BEFORE VK could do anything she darn well pleased. I have never seen Seasons 14 (except for season 14 finals because that's always my favorite) or 15 because of her behavior in season 13. I know she's not as bad as before. 

A lot of girls have gotten away with a lot.  VK more than pretty much anyone. 

• Love 1

Also I find these three to be some of the prettiest girls on the team in recent years! They all look perfect and glamorous here and I get really excited when there are pictures of multiple DCCs and all of the girls in the picture are my personal favs which Alexis, Lexie, and Rachel W are!

5091052E-2F3A-4D52-A72C-79B496D6E016.jpeg

• Love 1

In no particular order 

Lauren Castillo 

Lily Johnson

Ally Trayler (spelling may be incorrect)

Tasha Cruz

Jackie Bob Pearson

Lacey Knight

Miranda Buechel(spelling)

Alanna 

Ashlee Ford

Cianna

** TCC Kalli Fullerton(spelling) and Megan Flarhety(spelling) 

That’s more than 5... lol 😁

• Love 1
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

never understood her cut 

I loooooved Heather, was it Kristi Scales who said she can turn like Mr Mistoffelees in Cats? I think the only thing going against her was she was just so tiny! Surely going wrong once on the kickline at auditions wasn't a dealbreaker? They don't cut people for not being able to kick half of the time!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Heather Hamilton (DCC 2016-17) is a finalist for the Tennessee Titans Cheerleaders.

awwww good for her, I hope she makes it!

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I loooooved Heather, was it Kristi Scales who said she can turn like Mr Mistoffelees in Cats?

Yep!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I loooooved Heather, was it Kristi Scales who said she can turn like Mr Mistoffelees in Cats? I think the only thing going against her was she was just so tiny! Surely going wrong once on the kickline at auditions wasn't a dealbreaker? They don't cut people for not being able to kick half of the time!

She must have pissed someone off because there wasn't any justification for her cut. Megan Michelle from season 6 who got cut in season 7 also made no sense to me either. She took it so hard that I can't even watch it. Must be so hard to go through training camp without ever being called into the office and having a great year only to be cut because reasons. 

• Love 9

I feel like every season they have one or two that they begrudgingly make a DCC then boot the next year. They never loved little Heather or Allie, so their cuts weren’t a surprise to me, but why take them in the first place? Keyra too. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Pucca said:

She must have pissed someone off because there wasn't any justification for her cut. Megan Michelle from season 6 who got cut in season 7 also made no sense to me either. She took it so hard that I can't even watch it. Must be so hard to go through training camp without ever being called into the office and having a great year only to be cut because reasons. 

2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I feel like every season they have one or two that they begrudgingly make a DCC then boot the next year. They never loved little Heather or Allie, so their cuts weren’t a surprise to me, but why take them in the first place? Keyra too. 

Agree with both of these. Little Heather, Allie, Megan Michelle, Jenna, Kamilah, Cassie Kathleen, Teri, Collin, Morgan, Ashley Pro, Gymnast Kat, the list goes on and on.

Just like in the world of fashion, one day you are in the next day you are out in KelFine’s World.  Once she does the little nose wrinkle and looks away from you, just pack your bags and say your goodbyes. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Just like in the world of fashion, one day you are in the next day you are out in KelFine’s World.  Once she does the little nose wrinkle and looks away from you, just pack your bags and say your goodbyes. 

I think they do this in the dancing world so you are always on your toes. They do this in nursing school as well. Cut (or flunk) people out when it seems to make no sense. It keeps you wondering if you are next. A very cruel way to keep the others motivated and panicked. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Agree with both of these. Little Heather, Allie, Megan Michelle, Jenna, Kamilah, Cassie Kathleen, Teri, Collin, Morgan, Ashley Pro, Gymnast Kat, the list goes on and on.

well with jenna—blonde jenna from season 6, right?—her weight gain was really obvious in the midsection, no? and ashley pro had gained weight and seemingly looked terrible on the field. she was super weak to begin with. teri didn't come across well in her second audition/interview and wasn't that great to begin with either. she seemed like one who barely made it onto the squad. 

but the other ones with no clear cut reason...it's like they didn't really do anything wrong...they just suddenly got bored of them. 'they' mostly referring to kelli. especially with the ones that were her pets, like morgan, breelan, gymnast kat. hell, throw meredith in there too (even though she was by far the worst). they barely eked onto the squad, and since it seems the competition gets stiffer every year, they become real expendable real quick. i mean, allie—an alright cheerleader, boxy, kelli was never really a fan of her figure...in walks someone like savannah the following season. bye, allie!

the heather one is just super weird to me and stands out the most because she made one mistake that we could see...she didn't gain weight, right? but for some reason someone i had a back and forth with on another website said her weight was an issue. i never saw that on the show and they never mentioned it.

basically some prettier, shinier, newer things walk in and show them up. it sucks but i guess that's life. but with all the sisterhood talk, you'd think kelli would value time with the squad more and want to build upon that instead of trading them in so easily. kinda sad. they get you to buy into the whole family thing and then dump you.

i find the whole thing fascinating

3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I feel like every season they have one or two that they begrudgingly make a DCC then boot the next year

haha 'begrudgingly make a DCC' made me laugh. you nailed it. 

with the season 7 rookie cuts though, like teri, it was especially weird, because there were some clear weaker ones in that class but kelli made the squad extra large anyway. like, why even take them on when you don't have to? it's not like you NEEDED to fill some more spots

chelsea was another weak season 7 rookie. if it weren't for the whole incident, they probably would've cut her anyway

• Love 6
On 5/3/2021 at 11:29 PM, Trulyadorkable said:

Where did you hear this?

If true, it would be hard to believe that it has anything to do with DCC. But then again, if it does have something to do with DCC what a story it would be!!!

The obvious hint and signs was that she has deleted all signs of being the director of Raiderettes from her IG that was the first sign. Also google says that she was Raiderettes from 2018 to 2021. If she hasn't left then shouldn't it say 2018 - Present. And looks like she also wiped of alot of her DCC days pics from her IG apart from from a handful of it. 

I wonder if she completed this year before leaving? I wonder who the new Raiderettes Director would be. 

21 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Heather Hamilton (DCC 2016-17) is a finalist for the Tennessee Titans Cheerleaders.

https://www.instagram.com/hhamilton2/

87858013_2016DCC_HeatherHamilton.jpg.7d2c93888ac963c30801cf45a3dd279f.jpg

titanscheers_COyPqwInQQX_6_184944520_285596366574553_4375892723607473508_n.thumb.jpg.b0c0c1fafb0a368d77b327ea1d02a1e9.jpg

Good good Heather. But didn't she take that director job for that dance team a few months ago? My memory is blanking on that team's name and where its located. I wonder if she makes the team would she leave that director job? 

Is that the same team that Brianna left after 3 years for to be on DCC? Or who was it that was on the team that was walking on a bridge with her titans friend saying "I am relocating and chasing this dream of being on DCC and not knowing if I would make the team versus knowing that I could have stayed in Tennessee on a team I know I can get onto"? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

The obvious hint and signs was that she has deleted all signs of being the director of Raiderettes from her IG that was the first sign. Also google says that she was Raiderettes from 2018 to 2021. If she hasn't left then shouldn't it say 2018 - Present. And looks like she also wiped of alot of her DCC days pics from her IG apart from from a handful of it. 

I wonder if she completed this year before leaving? I wonder who the new Raiderettes Director would be. 

Good good Heather. But didn't she take that director job for that dance team a few months ago? My memory is blanking on that team's name and where its located. I wonder if she makes the team would she leave that director job? 

Is that the same team that Brianna left after 3 years for to be on DCC? Or who was it that was on the team that was walking on a bridge with her titans friend saying "I am relocating and chasing this dream of being on DCC and not knowing if I would make the team versus knowing that I could have stayed in Tennessee on a team I know I can get onto"? 

Interesting about the social media scrub and I wonder the same thing about whether or not Mandy finished out her contract.

Yes. Briana cheered for the Titans before trying out for DCC.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

YAY!!!  I've missed you HUGE!

Right back atcha!

1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

The replacement listed on the Raiders website is Bailey Black. Bailey's LinkedIn says she's been Raiderette Coordinator since July 2020.

2 minutes ago, moonchild81 said:

heather was a director for a college team

She is the dance team coach for Vanderbilt University. There are half a dozen recent members of the Vandy dance team who made finals too, so she will be competing against young women she has coached.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Right back atcha!

It really is so bizarre you just reappeared.  Only a few days ago, I told @scorpio1031 that you were one of the regulars I've really missed.  So glad you've checked back in!

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

She is the dance team coach for Vanderbilt University. There are half a dozen recent members of the Vandy dance team who made finals too, so she will be competing against young women she has coached.

She looks good on the Titans Cheer IG stories 

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Speaking of Jenna Allison (cut in season 7, made finals in season 11), when is the last time a cut veteran made it back into training camp, or made the team? It seems like once you are gone, you are gone.

Edited by StellaCL
error in season number
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Speaking of Jenna Allison (cut in season 6, made finals in season 11), when is the last time a cut veteran made it back into training camp, or made the team? It seems like once you are gone, you are gone.

Erica Perry was on the 2004 squad, cut in 2005 and back on for the 2006 and 2007 squad

Tina K was cut and made it back

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Erica Perry was on the 2004 squad, cut in 2005 and back on for the 2006 and 2007 squad

Interesting. So it was all pre-MTT. I wonder if K&J would ever let a cut veteran back on the team now. Oh sure, they could do a whole storyline out of it in auditions and training camp, but officially earn a spot? Seems really unlikely.

• Love 1
Just now, StellaCL said:

Interesting. So it was all pre-MTT. I wonder if K&J would ever let a cut veteran back on the team now. Oh sure, they could do a whole storyline out of it in auditions and training camp, but officially earn a spot? Seems really unlikely.

Yep, and I think the last one who left on her own and made it back was Whitney Ott, and that was shown during the 2 hour special.  I am trying to remember, but I think anyone who has tried since gets the "she's past her expiration date" speech.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Right back atcha!

The replacement listed on the Raiders website is Bailey Black. Bailey's LinkedIn says she's been Raiderette Coordinator since July 2020.

Weirdly I wonder why Mandy would leave to come back to Texas. Wonder what she does now. I kind of did expect her friend Malloriet to leave the assistant Raiders cheer coach because she was pregnant and couldn't fly out due to the pregnancy etc 

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wasn't Tina cut a few times after her rookie year before making it back about 3 years later? when it was Kelli's 4th/5th year as Cheerleader herself? 

Which one is Jenna Allison again? The one who got cut, came back, got to training camp, got cut again then made the Spurs dancers for one year before that team got disbanded?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Which one is Jenna Allison again? The one who got cut, came back, got to training camp, got cut again then made the Spurs dancers for one year before that team got disbanded?

Not sure about the Spurs thing.... but she made DCC in season 6, was cut at auditions in season 7 for weight issues, I guess. She came back four years later and made finals in season 11, a lot of people seemed surprised she didn't get a training camp invite that year.
https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Jenna_Allison#Season_6

(edited)
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Jordyn Ketchum (Season 3, left on her own after 1 year) tried back out Season 6. She's in lots of shots at auditions in the 1st episode of Season 6. I think she made it to Semis, but something happened (not shown on cam) where she couldn't finish her audition. I wonder if she would have made it back. She was only 21 by Season 6, looked good and was already experienced, but I'm sure the judges probably would have found some way to keep her from making Training Camp too.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

18 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Not sure about the Spurs thing.... but she made DCC in season 6, was cut at auditions in season 7 for weight issues, I guess. She came back four years later and made finals in season 11, a lot of people seemed surprised she didn't get a training camp invite that year.
https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Jenna_Allison#Season_6

StellaCL is right. Jenna tried out for, and made the Spurs Dance Team the same year she didn't make DCC training camp in season 11 and danced with them for 2 years I'm sure.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Pucca said:

She must have pissed someone off because there wasn't any justification for her cut. Megan Michelle from season 6 who got cut in season 7 also made no sense to me either.

It was Charlotte that said something negative about both of them during deliberations . She didn’t like either one of them so I guess that heavily factored in the decision making sadly. I thought they were both great too. Megan Michelle had such a bright face when she performed . Kelli said Heather was cute and spunky . Everyone else seemed to like them both but Charlotte . Yet I will never understand why they kept Jessika 🙄

• Love 8
10 hours ago, vanillagum said:

well with jenna—blonde jenna from season 6, right?—her weight gain was really obvious in the midsection, no? and ashley pro had gained weight and seemingly looked terrible on the field. she was super weak to begin with. teri didn't come across well in her second audition/interview and wasn't that great to begin with either. she seemed like one who barely made it onto the squad. 

but the other ones with no clear cut reason...it's like they didn't really do anything wrong...they just suddenly got bored of them. 'they' mostly referring to kelli. especially with the ones that were her pets, like morgan, breelan, gymnast kat. hell, throw meredith in there too (even though she was by far the worst). they barely eked onto the squad, and since it seems the competition gets stiffer every year, they become real expendable real quick. i mean, allie—an alright cheerleader, boxy, kelli was never really a fan of her figure...in walks someone like savannah the following season. bye, allie!

the heather one is just super weird to me and stands out the most because she made one mistake that we could see...she didn't gain weight, right? but for some reason someone i had a back and forth with on another website said her weight was an issue. i never saw that on the show and they never mentioned it.

basically some prettier, shinier, newer things walk in and show them up. it sucks but i guess that's life. but with all the sisterhood talk, you'd think kelli would value time with the squad more and want to build upon that instead of trading them in so easily. kinda sad. they get you to buy into the whole family thing and then dump you.

i find the whole thing fascinating

haha 'begrudgingly make a DCC' made me laugh. you nailed it. 

with the season 7 rookie cuts though, like teri, it was especially weird, because there were some clear weaker ones in that class but kelli made the squad extra large anyway. like, why even take them on when you don't have to? it's not like you NEEDED to fill some more spots

chelsea was another weak season 7 rookie. if it weren't for the whole incident, they probably would've cut her anyway

I'll never understand why they filled the squad with extras that year. The only season I'd have had extra spots was season 12 to keep Heather H, Taryn and Brennan and season 13 to keep Lily and Tara. Then again, I'd have squads smaller than 36 most years to only keep 'the best of the best' and make other cuts during those seasons!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'll never understand why they filled the squad with extras that year. The only season I'd have had extra spots was season 12 to keep Heather H, Taryn and Brennan and season 13 to keep Lily and Tara. Then again, I'd have squads smaller than 36 most years to only keep 'the best of the best' and make other cuts during those seasons!

I'm with you on this.  Some of the girls they took in previous years should never have been in Training Camp to begin with and several girls they SHOULD have taken were passed over. 

However, we have heard Kelli say on camera something to the effect of "Judy looks for the girls who can dance over everything else, I look for the pretty face over everything else."  Essentially, Judy wants girls who can DANCE and being pretty, along with everything else, is secondary.  Kelli wants girls who are pretty/gorgeous (and have a "story") above all and being able to dance well is a bonus. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm with you on this.  Some of the girls they took in previous years should never have been in Training Camp to begin with and several girls they SHOULD have taken were passed over. 

However, we have heard Kelli say on camera something to the effect of "Judy looks for the girls who can dance over everything else, I look for the pretty face over everything else."  Essentially, Judy wants girls who can DANCE and being pretty, along with everything else, is secondary.  Kelli wants girls who are pretty/gorgeous (and have a "story") above all and being able to dance well is a bonus. 

Whilst I always say dance is number one, they only dance for like 8 games a season (plus a couple of pre-season and play-offs, which the Cowboys barely progress in when they make it). I can understand picking people on other attributes. However, being pretty or having a story shouldn't be that.

I think that's why people like Kim T, Veronica L, Miranda, Alexis, Amy L, Savannah, Brennan, Taylor J etc are kept because they're okay dancers (relaible for the most part but not particularly technical usually) but they're great ambassadors. Surely 95% of their appearances are just speaking to people, not dancing. That's what show group is for.

To me, as much as I want to see more dancing, they should do more appearance + interview training, from veterans and hospital visits, school visits, in the local community, because that's ultimately what most of them will spend their time doing. How they interact with different people in different scenarios on the fly would be much better training. I doubt most of them will do many media interviews either so maybe scrap that too!

Probably why I'm more in favour of having two groups of cheerleaders: one on the field dancing + other performances. The other group purely for appearances who look great in the uniform as a bonus.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think that's why people like Kim T, Veronica L, Miranda, Alexis, Amy L, Savannah, Brennan, Taylor J etc are kept

Except they steel-toed her right off the team ☹️

5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Probably why I'm more in favour of having two groups of cheerleaders: one on the field dancing + other performances. The other group purely for appearances who look great in the uniform as a bonus.

Some NFL cheerleaders have girls for perfoming and some for appearnces. KC Chiefs cheerleaders have 2  groups (Field performers, Ambassadors).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4