Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I still cannot even fathom how that Taylor made it to training camp. She was bad. 

Interesting though, because that clip did nothing good for Cassie. I am surprised it didn't get cut out so golden girl Cassie looked better.

I know I’ve made this joke before, but seriously everyone was just terrible in that situation. Allie, Taylor, Cassie, Judy, etc.  One of my favorite subreddits is r/aita- am I the asshole? The person describes their situation and people make a judgement. YTA - you’re the asshole (other peeps are not) or NAH - no assholes here, etc.  One of those options is ESH - everyone sucks here. Any one of them could have shared their side of the story, and I would have been yup, you’re all assholes. ESH. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Trulyadorkable said:

Wow!! I had no idea that is what it meant. I'm honored and humbled. Thank you everyone, and thank you Opine for the info!

Ha! You sound like the typical tryout at Prelims being "honored and humbled to be here auditioning at AT&T Stadium".

Disclaimer: Nothing against you at all, just poking a little fun at them.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, filishtay said:

Jordan Chanley is very sweet to me, but I’m sooo over her IG stories always being about anti-vax, pro choice, and Jesus

Andddddd nothing with any kind of reputable source to back up said stories. Sheesh. She’s also involved in an oils MLM...the venn diagram of jesus, anti vacc, passing on fake news that can’t be fact checked and oil based cures is not surprising. But sad, because how some seemingly lovely and kind people can be swept into some of this nonsense is just depressing. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Andddddd nothing with any kind of reputable source to back up said stories. Sheesh. She’s also involved in an oils MLM...the venn diagram of jesus, anti vacc, passing on fake news that can’t be fact checked and oil based cures is not surprising. But sad, because how some seemingly lovely and kind people can be swept into some of this nonsense is just depressing. 

All of the above ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Jordan seemed pretty transparent even way back then, dumb, kinda cute, but dumb. 

I still can't believe she made the team.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Ha! You sound like the typical tryout at Prelims being "honored and humbled to be here auditioning at AT&T Stadium".

Disclaimer: Nothing against you at all, just poking a little fun at them.

Obviously I've been watching too many re-runs of DCC MTT. I wanted to say the right thing so I wouldn't upset Kelly, Judy or Charlotte just in case I wanted to try out again next season...hah!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

This was very satisfying to see. Make sure you watch the video of when Lily walks in on the surprise and watch Bridget. It appears that she and Lily had a very special connection that is shown in many moments during MTT segments, but this is the best ever. And I don't mean this in a derogatory manner, but as a comparison to the joy that is witnessed here, watching Bridget's reaction after seeing Lily walk through the door is the same reaction I see from my dog everytime I come home. Pure, unadulterated excitement that can't be contained. Bridget is another of my all time favorites, what a doll, and what a great moment for Lily courtesy of some really special friends. Kudos to all these girls...

Adding to my previous post about the apparent special connection, Lily and Bridget were in TC together in season 13 of MTT. Bridget made the team, and of course Lily was heartbreakingly cut on the last night of TC. So they had 8 weeks together and as I recall, I read a bio on Lily that said both of her parents were veterinarians and of course Bridget was a vet tech and a huge animal lover. I wonder if that was the original connection that has blossomed into a really great friendship. Lily also had her german shepherd in Dallas with her during TC and Bridget had her small dog with her (I can't remember the breed). Anyway, were you to watch reruns of season 13 and 14, there are many episodes where you see quick, small sweet moments of moral support between Bridget and Lily.

On the last night of training camp in season 14 when it appeared as though both Lily and Meredith were going to be cut, you could see the heartbreak and concern in Bridget's body language of hand over her mouth and tears welling in her eyes. But when the surprise reveal of both Meredith and Lily running back on the field, who was the first to reach Lily and hug her? It was Bridget. Best team announcement ever in MTT history by the way IMHO.

And last, there was Bridget's instagram post right after the vet cuts in season 15 where she subtly voiced her displeasure with TPTB after seeing her friends cut very impersonallly over a video conference call. I'm sure her comments were in support of all those girls; Meredith, Brennan, Hannah and Lily but I think Lily hurt her most.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, Trulyadorkable said:

And last, there was Bridget's instagram post right after the vet cuts in season 15 where she subtly voiced her displeasure with TPTB after seeing her friends cut very impersonallly over a video conference call. I'm sure her comments were in support of all those girls; Meredith, Brennan, Hannah and Lily but I think Lily hurt her most.

Speaking of Bridget - I would love to know the vet's opinions of DCC when they leave. Is the dream gone? Or are most still drinking the DCC kool-aid?  I know they have non-disclosure agreements and such, but the "I was missing home" or "I have other dreams to pursue" is tired.

Someone, spill it (besides Erika).  

Edited by StellaCL
grammar
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Speaking of Bridget - I would to know the vet's opinions of DCC when they leave. Is the dream gone? Or are most still drinking the DCC kool-aid?  I know they have non-disclosure agreements and such, but the "I was missing home" or "I have other dreams to pursue" is tired.

I know they pretty much all know about this forum. I wish some would post here and air their thoughts about their time as a DCC, without revealing who they are. Just little things where we can tell they actually were on the team at some point, just not a bunch of politically correct "It was such a Sisterhood" type of generic answers. There wouldn't be any harm in that, would there?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Trulyadorkable said:

Adding to my previous post about the apparent special connection, Lily and Bridget were in TC together in season 13 of MTT. Bridget made the team, and of course Lily was heartbreakingly cut on the last night of TC. So they had 8 weeks together and as I recall, I read a bio on Lily that said both of her parents were veterinarians and of course Bridget was a vet tech and a huge animal lover. I wonder if that was the original connection that has blossomed into a really great friendship. Lily also had her german shepherd in Dallas with her during TC and Bridget had her small dog with her (I can't remember the breed). Anyway, were you to watch reruns of season 13 and 14, there are many episodes where you see quick, small sweet moments of moral support between Bridget and Lily.

On the last night of training camp in season 14 when it appeared as though both Lily and Meredith were going to be cut, you could see the heartbreak and concern in Bridget's body language of hand over her mouth and tears welling in her eyes. But when the surprise reveal of both Meredith and Lily running back on the field, who was the first to reach Lily and hug her? It was Bridget. Best team announcement ever in MTT history by the way IMHO.

I absolutely think Bridget found this difficult to manage.

It's also interesting to note that it was Kat and Meredith who actually alternated at games.

So Lily was not even in that bottom two. The show (and Kelli) just manipulated the story for the purposes of the show. Since Lily had been cut LAST on the previous season, it was extra "nail biting" to see her called in on the last night again. That type of manipulation for ratings likely bothers many of the girls.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

It's also interesting to note that it was Kat and Meredith who actually alternated at games.

They sat out one game each, right?  Cause Rachel A, Briana and Molly each sat out one.  Gina was injured and missed a couple.  I think I am missing another one who sat out a game.

47 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Have you heard the podcast interview that Milan did?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Have you heard the podcast interview that Milan did?

No, I have not. Now I am very interested. She was always a bit of an outsider in the group.

• Love 1
Just now, StellaCL said:

No, I have not. Now I am very interested. She was always a bit of an outsider in the group.

It was a good podcast !! But after it was done a lot of people kept saying she sounded like she was intitled and a brat 

• Useful 2
On 5/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, TB12 said:

Hahahaha horrible makeover Taylor!!! But that brings up my annoyance with mean girl Cassie calling her out like she did then her equally mean girl cronie Ally Traylor jumping in. Taylor was a mess but that was really uncalled for. I think Cassie didn't like her bc even though Taylor was a mess Judy seemed amused by her. It was actually the ONE TIME i saw what looked like genuine empathy from Kelli...

On 5/27/2021 at 7:50 PM, ByTor said:

Sometimes I wonder if the point of doing it in front of everybody was to show "See, Cassie doesn't come to me & snitch on the girls."

But Cassie was a bitch to Taylor on camera and in front of everyone was because JUDY FORCED CASSIE to say what was on her mind in front of everyone. That scene was Judy correcting Taylor and then stopped and had a talking head about how she saw Cassie (with her hands on her face) "itching" to make a comment and asked Cassie for her opinion and Cassie did say "REALLY? In front of everyone?" and Judy replied along the lines of "yes, if you got something to say, say it in front of the group". I personally think that attack on Taylor, on camera, was started by Judy. Taylor was not a great dancer and was coming across like a brat. 

Yes Ally Traylor jumped in with anytime we get feedback you just say yes ma'am and that ended up with everyone seeing Ally and Cassie as the bad person but then people forget the reason Cassie said it in front of the group was because Judy told her to even tho Cassie did question it. I think, if Judy hadn't told her to say so in front of everyone, Cassie would have gave her 2 cents to Judy and Kelli, in private either in the office or at home to Judy alone.

• Love 6
On 5/27/2021 at 11:31 PM, Tuxcat said:

I absolutely think Bridget found this difficult to manage.

So Lily was not even in that bottom two. The show (and Kelli) just manipulated the story for the purposes of the show. Since Lily had been cut LAST on the previous season, it was extra "nail biting" to see her called in on the last night again. That type of manipulation for ratings likely bothers many of the girls.

I love Bridget and want to be her friend. She was a great dancer but I like her feisty / defiant side even more than her dancing. 

It was great to see Lily's high kick in her Broncos photo. I wonder if TPTB look back with regret over cutting her. I think she was an asset to the team, and was treated horribly. 

• Love 19

Here's some entertainment for a long holiday weekend. This is a list of all the DCCs since the 2005 special. How many do you remember?

Gray = 1 year
Pink = 2 years
Orange = 3 years
Yellow = 4 years
Green = 5 years
Blue = 6 years
Purple = 7 years
951236524_DCC2005-2021.thumb.JPG.4d92d9ee4452ae00b8ad2f74b6d1ffa0.JPG

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Here's some entertainment for a long holiday weekend. This is a list of all the DCCs since the 2005 special. How many do you remember?

Gray = 1 year
Pink = 2 years
Orange = 3 years
Yellow = 4 years
Green = 5 years
Blue = 6 years
Purple = 7 years

You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And sad to say, I remember all of them.  I like shows that go behind the scenes, so I  watched the two hour special and 16 years later............lol

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Gray = 1 year
Pink = 2 years
Orange = 3 years
Yellow = 4 years
Green = 5 years
Blue = 6 years
Purple = 7 years

Dear sir/madam, 

This is awesome! You’ve won PT for the day in my opinion! Thank you! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 9:01 AM, Uk-Eve said:

But Cassie was a bitch to Taylor on camera and in front of everyone was because JUDY FORCED CASSIE to say what was on her mind in front of everyone. That scene was Judy correcting Taylor and then stopped and had a talking head about how she saw Cassie (with her hands on her face) "itching" to make a comment and asked Cassie for her opinion and Cassie did say "REALLY? In front of everyone?" and Judy replied along the lines of "yes, if you got something to say, say it in front of the group". I personally think that attack on Taylor, on camera, was started by Judy. Taylor was not a great dancer and was coming across like a brat. 

Yes Ally Traylor jumped in with anytime we get feedback you just say yes ma'am and that ended up with everyone seeing Ally and Cassie as the bad person but then people forget the reason Cassie said it in front of the group was because Judy told her to even tho Cassie did question it. I think, if Judy hadn't told her to say so in front of everyone, Cassie would have gave her 2 cents to Judy and Kelli, in private either in the office or at home to Judy alone.

Cassie drew attention to herself by practically having a seizure there while sitting there. That's all on her. 

Edited by Teresa
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Gray = 1 year
Pink = 2 years
Orange = 3 years
Yellow = 4 years
Green = 5 years
Blue = 6 years
Purple = 7 years

Thank you for doing this! Seems like doing 5+ years is a very small pool to pick from!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Does anyone think Jenna should have been an all star?   If she had not screwed things up, would she have been asked do you think?

I seriously doubt she'd have become one anyways. If I remember correctly, there were rumours about Jenna crossing the line several times (esp with her Dak-fling) TPTB sort of seemed to have allowed it but still. That was just before the whole Holly-thing. 

The All Stars seem to be a special reward only given to those who were of impeccable behaviour. That does not include fraternisation with players... (Unless you are of course called Paige, but she married him so that is probably different)

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

I seriously doubt she'd have become one anyways. If I remember correctly, there were rumours about Jenna crossing the line several times (esp with her Dak-fling) TPTB sort of seemed to have allowed it but still. That was just before the whole Holly-thing. 

The All Stars seem to be a special reward only given to those who were of impeccable behaviour. That does not include fraternisation with players... (Unless you are of course called Paige, but she married him so that is probably different)

I doubt Jenna would have been an All-Star.  She was one of those that did things she wasn't supposed to and didn't care who saw it . . . unless it was TPTB and then it was all "lies".  She didn't expect to get called out on her behavior (wasn't she also getting Kalyssa into over-21 clubs when she was under 21 as well as Holly P?) so kept doing it.  

Also, I think Paige was VERY circumspect about the whole relationship with her player boyfriend/fiancee/husband.  She kept it as much on the downlow as absolutely possible and made sure they didn't draw any attention to it in any way possible, quite the opposite of Jenna.  Wasn't there also rumors that Jenna thought Dak was going to propose and they were going to get married?

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Thank you for doing this! Seems like doing 5+ years is a very small pool to pick from!

You are right! Less than 12% of cheerleaders stay on the team more than 4 years.

Not to monopolize the convo, but my type A tendencies kick in sometimes and I can't let it rest. I also have issues with insomnia and wind up spending way too much time on things like this. Anywhere, here I am back again with a correction and a break down by tenure.

I included Ashley Mellot in my previous list. She was pre-2005, so I removed her, bringing the total down to 243.

Gray = 1 year (69 cheerleaders, 28%)
Pink = 2 years (59 cheerleaders, 24%)
Orange = 3 years (57 cheerleaders, 23%)
Yellow = 4 years (29 cheerleaders, 12%
Green = 5 years (26 cheerleaders, 11%)
Blue = 6 years (2 cheerleaders, less than 1%)
Purple = 7 years (1 cheerleaders, less than 1%)

Every year there are comments about a cheerleader retiring after "only" one year, or two years. The data shows that most (52%) retire after only 1-2 years.

**CORRECTED**

634582357_DCC2005-2021corrected.thumb.JPG.077c52e7d8857a985868ecf57e62979f.JPG

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

You are right! Less than 12% of cheerleaders stay on the team more than 4 years.

Not to monopolize the convo, but my type A tendencies kick in sometimes and I can't let it rest. I also have issues with insomnia and wind up spending way too much time on things like this. Anywhere, here I am back again with a correction and a break down by tenure.

I included Ashley Mellot in my previous list. She was pre-2005, so I removed her, bringing the total down to 243.

Gray = 1 year (69 cheerleaders, 28%)
Pink = 2 years (59 cheerleaders, 24%)
Orange = 3 years (57 cheerleaders, 23%)
Yellow = 4 years (29 cheerleaders, 12%
Green = 5 years (26 cheerleaders, 11%)
Blue = 6 years (2 cheerleaders, less than 1%)
Purple = 7 years (1 cheerleaders, less than 1%)

Every year there are comments about a cheerleader retiring after "only" one year, or two years. The data shows that most (52%) retire after only 1-2 years.

**CORRECTED**

634582357_DCC2005-2021corrected.thumb.JPG.077c52e7d8857a985868ecf57e62979f.JPG

In that 52%, there would be a percentage that were cut rather than retired, no?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
48 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

In that 52%, there would be a percentage that were cut rather than retired, no?

Yes, for sure. Unfortunately, I don't have those stats going all the way back. It would be interesting to see how that breaks down. I imagine there are more cuts in the 1 years than the 2 years. And some who resigned as well (Kalyssa, Alexandria)

I'll pull out the list and maybe the group here can help.

It also has to be said that my list includes the current squad, so I counted the number of years they've been on the team, but we don't know yet how many years they will ultimately be on the team.

ETA: Did this off the top of my head and I know there are some that are wrong. I don't think there have been any cuts/terminations/resignations in the 4/5/6/7 year cheerleaders. I remember one cheerleader was terminated after the calendar shoot, but can't recall who it was.

Corrections are welcome!

cuts.JPG.0fde90ae5fc80c3a6c8e77add1f54ef5.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think Erica Jenkins just retired after 2 years. Also Milan quit on her own during the season.

Thank you!

I also missed Keyra. She was cut at auditions wasn't she?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Yes, for sure. Unfortunately, I don't have those stats going all the way back. It would be interesting to see how that breaks down. I imagine there are more cuts in the 1 years than the 2 years. And some who resigned as well (Kalyssa, Alexandria)

I'll pull out the list and maybe the group here can help.

It also has to be said that my list includes the current squad, so I counted the number of years they've been on the team, but we don't know yet how many years they will ultimately be on the team.

ETA: Did this off the top of my head and I know there are some that are wrong. I don't think there have been any cuts/terminations/resignations in the 4/5/6/7 year cheerleaders. I remember one cheerleader was terminated after the calendar shoot, but can't recall who it was.

Corrections are welcome!

cuts.JPG.0fde90ae5fc80c3a6c8e77add1f54ef5.JPG

Ooh, I did not know Melissa Rycroft quit before the end of her second year 😮

Also, what about Mandy Voeks? Does she count as a retirement or a resignation?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jennifer McMahon

How about Amy Reese?

Jennifer - that's right! Thank you. What was Amy's story? I don't remember.

7 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Also, what about Mandy Voeks? Does she count as a retirement or a resignation?

Mandy completed her rookie year and went on the calendar trip. The speculation was that she planned to audition for a second year but chose not to at the last minute after a discussion with Kelli about her weight. No way to know if that is true or not.

Am I the only one who didn't know Simone came out of retirement to dance for the Mavs?dtown.thumb.JPG.87cd94656637f1136568267c0596fbf0.JPG

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Am I the only one who didn't know Simone came out of retirement to dance for the Mavs?dtown.thumb.JPG.87cd94656637f1136568267c0596fbf0.JPG

I didn't know about Simone. I am really glad to see Tara stayed in Dallas and still dances. That whole situation in season 13 - her cut, and whatever the producers tried to spin it as - seemed fake and forced. Happy to see she kept going and found success away from MTT.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Yup, she states it in her book (insert eye roll) because she was so broken-hearted that Tye dumped her and she had nothing (repeat eye roll). Her book reads like a 13 year old girls diary. I wish they would stop using her. She was not that great of a DCC.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Yup, she states it in her book (insert eye roll) because she was so broken-hearted that Tye dumped her and she had nothing (repeat eye roll). Her book reads like a 13 year old girls diary. I wish they would stop using her. She was not that great of a DCC.

Didn't she say she tried to come back, but they told her she would have to start over again with prelims?  And she couldn't go on the calendar shoot?

Even if she had come back, what would have happened once the Bachelor aired?  

52 minutes ago, EllieA said:

I’m sure this has been asked before. But is there anywhere to watch the two hour special that aired in 2005.

Yes, that person is on here.  Hopefully she'll see your request and send you a link.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes, that person is on here.  Hopefully she'll see your request and send you a link.

could that person please send me that link also please. thanks

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

For someone who's been treated like garbage in multiple relationships, Kelli Q. keeps rebounding awfully fast.

Yet another new beau... 😟 

I'd rather not judge a woman for who she is or isn't dating... live and let live

• Love 10
On 5/31/2021 at 11:28 PM, viccib said:

could that person please send me that link also please. thanks

I'm with viccib! I'd love a link to the two-hour special. I haven't seen it in 15 years. Please DM me.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Can someone list all the Kelseys and Kellis for me?  I can't keep them straight unless it's Kelsey Lawrence.

Kelsey Lowrance Smith

Kelsey Bond Courtnall

Kelcey Wetterberg (current DCC) 

Kelli Quinn Sullivan

Kelly Jennelle Sherwood (former TCC, current MDC) 

Kelli Finglass

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelsey Lowrance Smith

Kelsey Bond Courtnall

Kelcey Wetterberg (current DCC) 

Kelli Quinn Sullivan

Kelly Jennelle Sherwood (former TCC, current MDC) 

Kelli Finglass

Thank you!!!  I got it now.

• Love 2
On 5/31/2021 at 8:34 PM, parrotfeathers said:

I'm happy to DM my request, too! I'd love to see the original two-hour special!

• Love 1
On 5/30/2021 at 11:12 PM, Teresa said:

Cassie drew attention to herself by practically having a seizure there while sitting there. That's all on her. 

I always thought it looked like her head was ready to explode. :D

• LOL 2
  • Love 2