Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 4/13/2021 at 1:58 PM, Pucca said:

I'd rather just watch season 3 or 4 again. Minchew sisters and all...

I've always had a soft spot for the Minchew sisters, but it's almost quaint looking back how Kelli beats up on them for being "fake" and "mannequin" like when that glossy, pageant look and demeanor is so prevalent in today's squad.  They're pretty, polished and well spoken, Kelli.  Sheesh.  You can't have a squad of hot mess express Victorias.  You need the Lexi and Rachel W, etc too.

• Love 4
On 4/11/2021 at 7:40 PM, EricaShadows said:

It doesn't look like they really did ANYTHING in either makeover picture other then really trim it as neither of the before pictures are really that bad.

Most recent makeovers don’t stand out at all. Possibly because all the girls who audition do their best to show up in a Dcc—look? After so many years it’s not hard to figure out what they are looking for after all. A good salon should be able to advise you.

Some makeovers that stood out to me:

• I really liked how Derek made a big improvement to Jinelle’s hair by simply cutting those long, dead ends and layering it. She looked so much better! 
  • Kashara; esp when you compare her looks in early training camp (when she wore the wrong uniform) to the Kashara who became point in her third year. 
  • Maddie: From that awful black gothic I didn’t know I did not look like a dcc?(Really??) to rookie year- Maddie.

Of course there are more, but these spring to my mind, especially because those three really gave me that feeling of ordinary, pretty next door girls (as in pretty, but not ridiculously beautiful) who became gorgeous women in their own right? But that’s my opinion.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If you're interested...

She doesn't show it, but you can see she is wearing nothing...ummm...there....

Ah my gif isnt working. But man, Kalyssa.  Does she own a shirt? Pants? A robe? I often wonder about the line between empowered and insecure. I mean even if there is a line, she probably doesn’t have it in her wardrobe. 

12C00A55-A5C9-46ED-9D53-B1ADBBEBCED6.gif

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

That picture is awful, and not because she's not wearing panties...she's too skinny (not a fan of ribcages, looks emaciated if her boob were smaller)...I don't see a sexy thing about it...I'm sure her Granny is so proud now...

• Love 10

Did anyone see the video Kash did for the audition prep? I'm not a dancer but I am super confused why it was shown with her from the back for the whole thing. I thought she would start back and turn to face the front but she didnt. It was very odd. 

10 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Did anyone see the video Kash did for the audition prep? I'm not a dancer but I am super confused why it was shown with her from the back for the whole thing. I thought she would start back and turn to face the front but she didnt. It was very odd. 

It's easier to learn a dance that way as a viewer, otherwise you have to do the opposite of what the instructor is doing if they're facing you. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, kalibean said:

but it's almost quaint looking back how Kelli beats up on them for being "fake" and "mannequin" like when that glossy, pageant look and demeanor is so prevalent in today's squad.  They're pretty, polished and well spoken, Kelli.  Sheesh.

I agree yet Kelli really ate it up with Chelsea and Kats act . But she knows when someone is being fake lol 

17 hours ago, ByTor said:

She doesn't show it, but you can see she is wearing nothing...ummm...there....

Oh it’s definitely showing . You can see the slit and everything . I’m shocked Instagram allows it 

• Love 1

I just looked and Kalyssa deleted the original one and reposted one with it shadowed out . The one before was taken days ago and you could see it all . I’m guessing word got back to her . She needs help  

Edited by DancingDina13
Mistakr
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DancingDina13 said:

I just looked and Kalyssa deleted the original one and reposted one with it shadowed out . The one before was taken days ago and you could see it all . I’m guessing word got back to her . She needs help  

Oh, ok, I thought I was missing something. Maybe Instagram DID make her take it down.

• Love 2

It's a shame because she has more to offer to the world than her body. That is not empowerment. That is insecurity and desperation for validation. She might be making money showing her T&A but it is a sad way to make a living. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

It's easier to learn a dance that way as a viewer, otherwise you have to do the opposite of what the instructor is doing if they're facing you. 

Ahh thats makes sense! Thank you! As you can tell I am not a dancer 😂 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 4/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, vanillagum said:

it really takes guts to go out for another squad after getting dropped from DCC...because they're the best of the best, so anything else is automatically a downgrade and being on a lower-tier squad is a constant reminder

Are they? I mean...from an objective, technical or show dance point of view? I get this very distinct feeling they brand themselves as the best of the best and highlight this on the show. I can also see how a possible role in a tv show appeals to those girls.But are they really so much better than any of the other teams? 

please let me know, am very interested to hear what y’all think!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Are they? I mean...from an objective, technical or show dance point of view? I get this very distinct feeling they brand themselves as the best of the best and highlight this on the show. I can also see how a possible role in a tv show appeals to those girls.But are they really so much better than any of the other teams? 

please let me know, am very interested to hear what y’all think!

I say if a gal wants to continue to perform, whether it's as a Las Vegas showgirl (Nicole H) or a Rockette (Olivie and Jacie), or on a different pro cheer team - then good for them!  I mean, Kelli doesn't necessarily pick the best of the best.  It depends on so many other factors as we have learned.

• Love 9

I just commented on another thread about the direction Kaylissa’s pics have been going. I hope she photoshopped her stomach and that she really isn’t that thin. It looks terrible. I remember seeing her nudie pic Monday and thinking she has reached a new low. Lower than some of the bondage type things she has modeled in the past

• Love 3
On 3/24/2019 at 12:37 PM, go4luca said:

Jenna says "I was the captain for three years".  Really?!  I didn't know she had that official title. 🤔

On 3/24/2019 at 7:26 PM, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think she would say it publicly if it weren't true. There are things many people outside of DCC don't know.

I realize this post refers to comments made way back in 2019 of this "Where are they Now" topic, but I just happened to hear this the other day when watching season 10, episode 4 on Pluto. Prior to group leader announcements, Kelli does a side interview where she states: "We have four Captains who act as group leaders."

So, Jene was indeed a Captain, but not THE Captain, and she appears to have embellished her history by saying for three years when she was a GL for only 2 seasons, unless they also regard 2nd group leaders as Captains as well, but that seems unlikely. 

In any regard, I enjoyed Jene as a dancer and respect her efforts and commitment to be able to qualify for the team for 6 years. I understand there were other issues during that time that have caused lesser opinions of her, but I can only imagine how temptations, attentions and celebrity can send young people to making some poor decisions, many of which they might regret as they learn more about life and maturity. I wish her well in finding a life of fulfillment.

Edited by Trulyadorkable
Clarification.
  • Love 3
On 4/10/2021 at 11:10 PM, DCCOracle said:

Season 13:
vlcsnap-2021-04-10-23h06m34s911.thumb.jpg.42380510bf1c9c09abaa4b147008993b.jpg

Season 14:
vlcsnap-2021-04-10-23h09m32s959.thumb.jpg.b8f37d2beb5187641377eb75b2145bbd.jpg

I'm new here, so please pardon my posts regarding earlier discussions, but I agree with those who are saying Lily's Season 13 before picture was her best. She looks very youthful and her hair resembles the mane of a young filly complementing her expression of the youthful excitement of the adventure she pursues. 

I became a DCC MTT fan after seeing season 13 and really enjoyed Lily, then became huge fans of both she and Meredith in season 14. I know their dance wasn't the best on the squad, but I think they both possessed all the other qualities that they always say they are looking for in a "complete package" DCC. I was sad (mad?) to see them both released this past season and felt the same about Brennan and Hannah.

I feel they made a huge mistake with season 15. They should have just kept all the veterans and maybe just done some human interest stories on all the current squad members and some "where are they now" segments on many of the former favorites. I don't look upon this seasons rookies as "real" DCC because they never had to go through the fire and hardship of a real training camp that all the others did. I know they are all nice young ladies and all, but they just didn't have to "pay the dues" that all those before them had to. Not their fault, but that's how I feel about it.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I don't look upon this seasons rookies as "real" DCC because they never had to go through the fire and hardship of a real training camp that all the others did. I know they are all nice young ladies and all, but they just didn't have to "pay the dues" that all those before them had to. Not their fault, but that's how I feel about it.

I couldn't have said this better myself.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 4/9/2021 at 6:52 PM, DCCOracle said:

They're only the best in name only - just like the Cowboys themselves. Over the last few years, we've seen nothing but poor leadership, mediocre rookie classes (Meredith and Alora-Rose spring to mind) and better dancers (Hannah) and all-around better people (Brennan/Lily) get shoved aside because certain girls get Kelli's panties wet. (again, Meredith and Alora-Rose).

Yeh I'm not sure I consider them the best of the best anymore. 🧐

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I realize this post refers to comments made way back in 2019 of this "Where are they Now" topic...

In any regard, I enjoyed Jene as a dancer and respect her efforts and commitment to be able to qualify for the team for 6 years. I understand there were other issues during that time that have caused lesser opinions of her, but I can only imagine how temptations, attentions and celebrity can send young people to making some poor decisions, many of which they might regret as they learn more about life and maturity. I wish her well in finding a life of fulfillment.

2019?  Wow.  That IS far back.  I'm not going into depth since this has been discussed and rehashed many times.  But I will say Jenna definitely had the DCC style down pat but IMO, everything that went down her final season, she did to herself.  Hopefully, she is now just enjoying life.

• Love 7
On 4/11/2021 at 3:33 PM, Jazzhands said:

Lily's Season 13 "before" photo is my favorite. She looks young and fresh and relaxed. Her hair looks bouncy and her makeup looks good but not overdone.  She looks like a beautiful 20-year-old cheerleader in the first picture, and a 40-year-old Real Housewife on a booze cruise in the second.  That's not a slam on Lily -- that's a criticism of the DCC makeovers.  I generally think that the makeovers make most of the ladies look like they've aged 10-15 years.  

I think Lilly made it to Denver Broncos finals. I thought I spotted her around the 1:00 mark. I hope she makes it. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN0CF3jgZ3M/

Edited by Bigorangecatmom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

I think Lilly made it to Denver Broncos finals. I thought I spotted her around the 1:00 mark. I hope she makes it. 

I have zero knowledge of dance but the choreo they are dancing to looks like a mash-up of typical dance moves so the judges can judge everyone equally. Seems fair. (some people might think it's bad choreography but it's not made to entertain but to judge the girls.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kamal said:

I have zero knowledge of dance but the choreo they are dancing to looks like a mash-up of typical dance moves so the judges can judge everyone equally. Seems fair. (some people might think it's bad choreography but it's not made to entertain but to judge the girls.)

It definitely looks like a sequence of moves, rather than a choreographed routine. I imagine it's the most popular moves they use in most routines, just mushed into one. It seems very hip-hop, which isn't Lily's strong point. Many of these ladies don't look particularly classicly trained (poor feet placement, falling out of a double pirouette and flexibility on the kicks) but on the field, hip hop looks much better!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TB12 said:

TPTB could tell a lesson or two from the Broncos director, did you notice all the diversity, shapes and sizes, just lovely!!! :-)

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like all that diversity of shape makes the squad.

image.png.cbf8bf5283f0f2281af99a70d5e07011.png

Edited by hypeman
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2021 at 8:21 AM, Bigorangecatmom said:

I hope she makes the team and eventually becomes their PB cheerleader. Go Lily! Go somewhere that appreciates you and your talent. 

Which team? I'm not able to click the link :(

My  favorite REDHEADS:

Savannah Heineken - active (Disney princess hair according to Kashara...hah!)

Stephanie Larson (2015-2017)

Emma Dutton (2012-2015)

Rachel Lunsford (honorable mention)

My favorite BLONDES:

Brittney Schram (2011-2014)

Courtney Cook (2011-2012)

Samantha Clark (2013-2014)

Whitney Isleib & Emily Claire (honorable mention)

My favorite DIRTY BLONDES:

Danielle Barhold (2012-2016

Olivia Sharber (2012-2013)

Bridget Jacob (2018-2019)

Sydney Durso (honorable mention)

Favorite BRUNETTES:

Meredith Madden (2019)

Kelsey Lowrance (2016-2017)

Ashton Torres (2009-2011)

Nichole Bulcher (honorable mention)

• Love 1

I wasn't really sure how to describe Danielle, Olivia & Bridget. They weren't blondes and not dark brunettes so I went with dirty blondes? I don't know if that's correct but I thought it was the best way to describe colors between bright blonde colors and dark brunettes so I hope you get the drift of what I was going for in that category.🤗

On 4/20/2021 at 7:17 PM, ByTor said:

And, by all accounts, it looks like she is.

BYTOR; do yo know what she's been up to lately? I always loved her as a DCC (despite the not so smart things she did in her last year) and though it was her time, I was sorry to see her go. I haven't seen/heard much of her since, other than that story of her trying to make Big Brother and being ousted by another former DCC. I'd love to know how she's doing now.

39 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Favorite RedHeads

Emma

Stephanie

Erica J

Favorite Blondes

Abigail 

Kinzie

Evan

Favorite dirty blondes

Tobie

Megan M

Katy

Fave brunettes

Nichole H

Ashton

Mia

All great choices! It's really hard to choose just three. There are sooo many to choose from!

1 hour ago, LilyD said:

BYTOR; do yo know what she's been up to lately? I always loved her as a DCC (despite the not so smart things she did in her last year) and though it was her time, I was sorry to see her go. I haven't seen/heard much of her since, other than that story of her trying to make Big Brother and being ousted by another former DCC. I'd love to know how she's doing now.

Jenna got ousted by Schmatheryn Schmunn, who was never a DCC

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Jenna got ousted by Schmatheryn Schmunn, who was never a DCC

It never gets old reading "Schmatheryn Schmunn" lol! I laugh everytime.

3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Based on her social media, she is back in Dallas after moving to Shreveport and back with her boyfriend. She appears to still be friends with several former DCCs.

Edited by Jess14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Favorite RedHeads

Hannah

Holly P

Meredith Oden- That time she taught the kickline 😄

Fave brunettes

Bridget

Molly

Brianna

Favorite Blondes

Kashara

Lexie

Brennan

Cianna

• Love 4
On 4/12/2021 at 6:01 AM, DancingDina13 said:

So she finally went there ... Kalyssa has a pic on Instagram with her exposed who ha ... wow just wow 

That's a shame. She was a great dancer. I guess a future in onlyfans is the only option.

I don't get it.😞

• Love 2

Blonde

Kandi Harris, Mackenzie Lee, Abigail Klein

Dirty Blonde

Danielle B, Lauren Parker, Rachel Wyatt

Red

Holly Powell, Erika Jenkins, Jalyn S

Brunette

Bridget, Yuko, Kelsey Lowrance

Honorable mention:  Natalie Woods

These were all my favorite people to watch.  By the way, I gave up cable last year, so I have not watched any of the current group. 

Edited by LynneH
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

Favorite RedHeads

Hannah

Holly P

Meredith Oden- That time she taught the kickline 😄

Fave brunettes

Bridget

Molly

Brianna

Favorite Blondes

Kashara

Lexie

Brennan

Cianna

All good choices. I imagine if I had said name your favorite 10 of each color hair you would still feel like you left some of your favorites out. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LynneH said:

Blonde

Kandi Harris, Mackenzie Lee, Abigail Klein

Dirty Blonde

Danielle B, Lauren Parker, Rachel Wyatt

Red

Holly Powell, Erika Jenkins, Jalyn S

Brunette

Bridget, Yuko, Kelsey Lowrance

Honorable mention:  Natalie Woods

These were all my favorite people to watch.  By the way, I gave up cable last year, so I have not watched any of the current group. 

I really liked Makenzie Lee and Lauren Parker too. Jayln also.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I wonder if it never got off the ground because of the pandemic that put a lot of things on hold or out of business.

She moved back before the pandemic hit 

• Useful 1
On 4/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, Bigorangecatmom said:

I hope that's true if she was still wanting to pursue dancing. I wonder how her being a former DCC is playing amongst the other candidates. Are they curious about it?, catty about it?, or perhaps they avoid the topic knowing that it's probably a source of sadness for her and don't want to bring it up? Either way, I think Lily is a wonderful young lady and deserved better from the DCC organization. I know she can be successful in any endeavor she chooses to pursue and will be an asset to any organization that is smart enough to give her an opportunity.

• Love 5