Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 2/28/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jazzhands said:

Thank you.  There was discussion of this a while back and ironically, somebody decided to take issue with it again today as I am re-watching Fosse/Verdon.  It’s the Cell Block Tango from Chicago, the second-longest running Broadway musical of all time, which won multiple Tonys and Oscars and was choreographed and directed by the legendary Bob Fosse.  

I’d hope that, if anything, Kelli and Judy would be impressed.     

Good for Holly! When Anne Reinking passed away recently I got all emotional when I read an article that said something to the effect of “the angels are singing We Got Annie” 😭 Of course she was not only a muse of Fosse but also Grace in Annie where she broke out some fabulous Fosse moves.

• Love 12
On 3/1/2021 at 8:43 PM, Jennv said:

I hope she has some lume

Holly P will always be my favorite DCC. Holly - go be young, sexy, and talented. When you are old like me, you are going to have some GREAT stories for your grandchildren. 

• Love 13
On 1/10/2021 at 8:38 AM, Cowboysfan16 said:

I’m catching up and just saw her IG story! It looks like they’re hanging out again, lol, so I’m not sure what that means.. She’s posted photos and/or videos with him on her IG story a few times lately! 

yep they are ... just asked her about it.  🤙🏻

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I was thinking tonight if Hannah would have elected to do the 1 day audition like Taylor J, would she may have made the squad this year?  I know she was preparing for finals during TC, but perhaps if she would of just did the 1 day audition instead of dragging things out, maybe she would have made the team.  Maybe it wouldn't have showcased the flaws she had this year during TC, like not knowing the choreo.  

Same goes for Brennan?  Maybe if she elected to do the 1 day audition, maybe it would have shown that she didn't look so tired.  

Just something I've been thinking...

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I was thinking tonight if Hannah would have elected to do the 1 day audition like Taylor J, would she may have made the squad this year?  I know she was preparing for finals during TC, but perhaps if she would of just did the 1 day audition instead of dragging things out, maybe she would have made the team.  Maybe it wouldn't have showcased the flaws she had this year during TC, like not knowing the choreo.  

Same goes for Brennan?  Maybe if she elected to do the 1 day audition, maybe it would have shown that she didn't look so tired.  

I believe it was said that there were certain qualifications - being concerned about covid was not one.  However, if your job didn't allow you to enter the bubble and you are friends with Kelli's daughter - then you could do the one day.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I believe it was said that there were certain qualifications - being concerned about covid was not one.  However, if your job didn't allow you to enter the bubble and you are friends with Kelli's daughter - then you could do the one day.

I was just going to say something similar. Don't get me wrong, I like Taylor (she's a blender dancer but a great ambassador) but being best friends with the leader's daughter can't hurt. I think they offered the one-day audition to all vets but it was advised against, unless it was 100% necessary. 

• Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think the main qualification for doing the 1-day audition was if your job was one that COULDN'T be done in a bubble.  Hannah and Brennan had jobs and lifestyles that could be done in the bubble so they wouldn't have "qualified" for it.  

They also wouldn't have been able to put it off a year because Kelli would have seen that as the girls not having DCC as the absolute MOST important thing in their lives above and beyond everything else that might have claims on their time.  According to Kelli, being a DCC is the most important thing ever and, if it isn't, they shouldn't be one.

From what I remember hearing and seeing, Kelli was looking for a reason to cut Hannah and Brennan because they spoke up.  They had opinions that deserved to be heard even it wasn't what Kelli wanted to hear.  The rumors were that they were at least polite about the things they said the first time they said it.  Only when they found out they were going to be cut did they let out only a LITTLE of their emotions and were brutally polite.  What they did was along the lines of what Meagan Flaherty did, if a SMIDGE more politely.  They told off Kelli who is used to people bowing, scraping and doing anything she asks just for the chance to POSSIBLY be a DCC.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think the main qualification for doing the 1-day audition was if your job was one that COULDN'T be done in a bubble. 

Kelcey is a nurse - had to take time off.  Madeline and Jalyn had to take time off from their dance studio - Madeline even said during a podcast that the most she could get was 10 days, and the bubble was supposed to be three weeks or so, despite Kelli claiming in the episode it was one week.  I'm sure there were others who had to scramble to take the time off with only three weeks notice.  Probably why some are waiting to see if there will be another bubble this year before they decide if they are coming back or not.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelcey is a nurse - had to take time off.  Madeline and Jalyn had to take time off from their dance studio - Madeline even said during a podcast that the most she could get was 10 days, and the bubble was supposed to be three weeks or so, despite Kelli claiming in the episode it was one week.  I'm sure there were others who had to scramble to take the time off with only three weeks notice.  Probably why some are waiting to see if there will be another bubble this year before they decide if they are coming back or not.

Thank you for pointing this out.  Kelcey should have been allowed the 1-day audition and if Kelli told her either enter the bubble or lose your spot as a DCC, then that is really flucked up.  It is also flucked up that if Kelli told the girls "Hey, you only have to be here for x number of days" then tell them something COMPLETELY different and it's not cool, especially in a pandemic.  A girl could have easily gotten fired because of Kelli's shenanigans and Kelli would have expected the girl to choose the DCC over her job. I REALLY hope this last Training Camp was the wake-up call several of the girls needed that being a DCC isn't healthy for them, especially with a manager/boss like Kelli.  I can guarantee that, if I had ANY thoughts about auditioning before now, I don't now.  I don't need to be in another horribly toxic "work" environment, especially for what amounts to a glorified part-time job if that.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

Thank you for pointing this out.  Kelcey should have been allowed the 1-day audition and if Kelli told her either enter the bubble or lose your spot as a DCC, then that is really flucked up.  It is also flucked up that if Kelli told the girls "Hey, you only have to be here for x number of days" then tell them something COMPLETELY different and it's not cool, especially in a pandemic.  A girl could have easily gotten fired because of Kelli's shenanigans and Kelli would have expected the girl to choose the DCC over her job. I REALLY hope this last Training Camp was the wake-up call several of the girls needed that being a DCC isn't healthy for them, especially with a manager/boss like Kelli.  I can guarantee that, if I had ANY thoughts about auditioning before now, I don't now.  I don't need to be in another horribly toxic "work" environment, especially for what amounts to a glorified part-time job if that.

Kelcey works for sponsor the same doctor Heather worked for the same one Jackie bob worked for !! So I’m sure doc was cool with it 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I agree with this. I have a hard time believing that any business would just be okay with Kelsey taking all that time off. Someone has to be there to cover for her and pick up the slack while she's gone. Kelsey probably had to blow through her vacation/sick time. And a job has to also offer unpaid time off. Like....3 weeks is a freaking long time from a job.  I mean heck...I only get like 2 weeks max of vacation time from my job. Also...at the risk of sounding like a complete jerk, what makes Taylor J so special? She's not a GL or on SG.. If she couldn't make TC, she should of just retired. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

god, the 'bubble' last year was so stupid, pressuring vets to take time off from full-time jobs for reality show shenanigans that shouldn't even be happening. i'll always have a feeling that the one-day audition is something that was offered but lowkey discouraged, if that makes sense. i think it's quite telling that literally only one person did it

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I agree with this. I have a hard time believing that any business would just be okay with Kelsey taking all that time off. Someone has to be there to cover for her and pick up the slack while she's gone. Kelsey probably had to blow through her vacation/sick time. And a job has to also offer unpaid time off. Like....3 weeks is a freaking long time from a job.  I mean heck...I only get like 2 weeks max of vacation time from my job. Also...at the risk of sounding like a complete jerk, what makes Taylor J so special? She's not a GL or on SG.. If she couldn't make TC, she should of just retired. 

You only get two weeks paid holiday? In the UK, we're entitled to usually 5.6 weeks! However, most employers don't like it if you take off that time in one go. Taylor J is best friends with Kelli's daughter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

You only get two weeks paid holiday? In the UK, we're entitled to usually 5.6 weeks! However, most employers don't like it if you take off that time in one go. Taylor J is best friends with Kelli's daughter.

Wait until you hear about our health care! Seriously tho, two weeks is pretty standard for many positions.  Additionally, for many, possibly most Americans, that same PTO (paid time off) also has to cover sick days. I’m a manager level professional and get 3.6 weeks PTO, tho I had nearly five weeks at a prior employer.

Really depends on the company, what type of job you’re doing and time/tenure.  I have peers that get six weeks because they’ve been with the company for over 25 years. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I had to unfollow Brennan on Insta, look away @ByTor I could not take one more post about Grant and his dietary restrictions. She seems to have become that girl whose identity is completely dependent on her boyfriend and it makes me sad for her. I will check her page occasionally bc I do love her doggo! Just my two cents but Grant seems like a bit of a douche as well. I'll never understand the choices some of these girls make in their boyfriends, sigh...   

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I had to unfollow Brennan on Insta, look away @ByTor I could not take one more post about Grant and his dietary restrictions. She seems to have become that girl whose identity is completely dependent on her boyfriend and it makes me sad for her. I will check her page occasionally bc I do love her doggo! Just my two cents but Grant seems like a bit of a douche as well. I'll never understand the choices some of these girls make in their boyfriends, sigh...   

I unfollowed cause of her constant criticism and snark towards Grant on her stories 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

constant criticism of her own boyfriend? lmao i don't follow her

You know like when girls in middle school make fun of boys that they actually like? That's IMO how she's behaving. At 1st it might appear playful, but she does it all the time.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You know like when girls in middle school make fun of boys that they actually like? That's IMO how she's behaving. At 1st it might appear playful, but she does it all the time.

And there are no compliments that I've seen.  I looked at her recent story and Grant is "earning his keep" walking Finn, not "how nice of him"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And there are no compliments that I've seen.  I looked at her recent story and Grant is "earning his keep" walking Finn, not "how nice of him"

LOL I saw that one too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, vanillagum said:

god, the 'bubble' last year was so stupid, pressuring vets to take time off from full-time jobs for reality show shenanigans that shouldn't even be happening. i'll always have a feeling that the one-day audition is something that was offered but lowkey discouraged, if that makes sense. i think it's quite telling that literally only one person did it

I agree that it was low-key discouraged and Kelli had the final decision over who would actually GET it.  I feel that, if Kelcey was a nurse in a hospital instead of where she was, she wouldn't have been able to get the time off (being a frontline employee and not being able to "quarantine" for 2 weeks beforehand) and Kelli likely wouldn't have been happy that she would require the 1-day audition.  Then we would likely have seen Kelcey cut as well for some stupid reason (or because she "required" the 1-day audition and how DARE Kelcey put the health and welfare of her patients about being a DCC).  I know Lauren was a nurse in a hospital but she wasn't a DCC during a pandemic so she had more flexibility.

• Love 5

Are vets who retire treated differently then vets who get cut? I know the retiring girls get to do goodbye promos...and the cut vets don't really get celebrated as they leave. But what about in terms of alumni events and post DCC life? 

(assuming the cut vets leave like "good little girls" and don't say anything negative about the organization - I mean - like Tara for instance).

• Love 3
19 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Yup same, lawful minimum here is 4 weeks paid leave, but most companies give at least 5. I've even worked places where they strongly advise to use at least 2 weeks in succesion each year as it's good to unwind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’m in the US and due to how much time I have in my job, I get 4 weeks a year off (plus additional time for sick leave) 😳. I need to learn to not complain so much about my job. 

I always really liked Brennan, which is why she is one of about 3 DCCs that I follow on Instagram, but I agree about her most recent content. Yes. We know you have a boyfriend. Yes. We know he is weird about his diet. In fact, he just seems plain weird. (I’m sure in reality he is a very nice guy who just doesn’t want to be the main star of her Instagram.)

I did start following Ryan Ray after someone posted a link to her Instagram on here. I think she is adorable and hilarious. 

I realize I also follow Kelsey Bond, and I have no clue why 😂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Did anyone spot any DCC’s at Chelsea Chaney’s wedding at the weekend? I know she was only a DCC for a short time but I expected a nod to DCC considering how often she still talks/posts about it. Noticed she had been posting about doing TS on the run up to the wedding too but maybe this was just for a workout? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Emchammy said:

Did anyone spot any DCC’s at Chelsea Chaney’s wedding at the weekend?

I didn't. And the only one I noticed who commented on Instagram was Jen Colvin.

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, Emchammy said:

Did anyone spot any DCC’s at Chelsea Chaney’s wedding at the weekend? I know she was only a DCC for a short time but I expected a nod to DCC considering how often she still talks/posts about it. Noticed she had been posting about doing TS on the run up to the wedding too but maybe this was just for a workout? 

I went to look for that pic of her with Cassie after she announced her engagement and that is gone. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 3/8/2021 at 1:15 AM, Tulip86 said:

Yup same, lawful minimum here is 4 weeks paid leave, but most companies give at least 5. I've even worked places where they strongly advise to use at least 2 weeks in succesion each year as it's good to unwind.

They like to work us to death here in the states and then when you get sick you get the added stress of huge medical bills even if you have insurance. USA! USA! USA!

on topic - I haven't seen season 15 yet but I did see the clips of Breenan, Lily, & Hannah being cut and it really made me angry. I like seeing the girls basically tell Kelli to go fark herself. I wouldn't last a day in that organization because I have no filter when it comes to being treated the way I think these ladies are treated.  I've actually had a hard time enjoying the older seasons because I can tell that those girls are being toyed with (not everyone but  a lot of them) and it's depressing. I remember being that young and wanting to be on the pom pom squad. I tried out I don't know how many times and when I did finally make it I was so happy! Then I saw how mean the girls were and I was a one and done. Sometimes you build something up in your head so much that when you finally get there it's nothing like you thought it was going to be like.  

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pucca said:

on topic - I haven't seen season 15 yet but I did see the clips of Breenan, Lily, & Hannah being cut and it really made me angry. I like seeing the girls basically tell Kelli to go fark herself. I wouldn't last a day in that organization because I have no filter when it comes to being treated the way I think these ladies are treated.  I've actually had a hard time enjoying the older seasons because I can tell that those girls are being toyed with (not everyone but  a lot of them) and it's depressing. I remember being that young and wanting to be on the pom pom squad. I tried out I don't know how many times and when I did finally make it I was so happy! Then I saw how mean the girls were and I was a one and done. Sometimes you build something up in your head so much that when you finally get there it's nothing like you thought it was going to be like.  

IMO I think the bolded part explains exactly why there are a number of DCC “one and dones” as well as the “two and outs.” Sometimes the glamour of being a local celebrity just isn’t worth the time and pain. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

IMO I think the bolded part explains exactly why there are a number of DCC “one and dones” as well as the “two and outs.” Sometimes the glamour of being a local celebrity just isn’t worth the time and pain. 

I think the one and dones are the smart ones. You have a goal, to make the team, you achieve that goal, do it for a year and move on to another goal. This isn't a high paying job, this isn't something most people will make their career out of (not everyone can be the next Kelli or Judy, most will end up out of DCC World at some point). It's an experience, and I'm sure there are a lot of fun parts to it, but it sounds like a lot of work, pressure and hassle (and for some a bit of verbal abuse) too. Unless they can't do anything else I think it's better to do this for a year and move on to something better, or at least something with a better return on investment. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

"Two and outs" - Bridget 😔   She was a wonderful DCC but she picked the right time to retire. Why go through all of the BS to dance for empty stadiums? 

• Love 13

I always wonder why some of them dip so early but that makes sense. Like Kelsey L., who wanted it so bad for so long and then left after two years. And Maggie. It’s interesting to me when they leave. Wish I could know allllll of their motives lol

• Love 11
On 3/7/2021 at 4:25 PM, EricaShadows said:

I feel that, if Kelcey was a nurse in a hospital instead of where she was, she wouldn't have been able to get the time off (being a frontline employee and not being able to "quarantine" for 2 weeks beforehand) and Kelli likely wouldn't have been happy that she would require the 1-day audition.  Then we would likely have seen Kelcey cut as well for some stupid reason (or because she "required" the 1-day audition and how DARE Kelcey put the health and welfare of her patients about being a DCC)

Kelcey was on show-group and was ROTY.  Plus nursing is one of the professions that Kelly love to use to show that DCC are intelligent too!

I know Kelly cut a COVID survivor and a 2-year showgroup member this year, but it would be a marketing nightmare to cut a healthcare hero during a pandemic and Kelly knows that. Taylor being good friends with Kelly's daughter definitely keeps her safe but I think any public servant/essential worker was not going to get cut this year.

On a related note, does anyone know if a military veteran has made it to finals/TC? I would love to see Kelly deal with the politics of cutting a dancer she doesn't like also be a veteran

• Love 2
On 3/7/2021 at 10:14 AM, TB12 said:

On 3/8/2021 at 1:05 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I’m in the US and due to how much time I have in my job, I get 4 weeks a year off (plus additional time for sick leave) 😳. I need to learn to not complain so much about my job. 

I always really liked Brennan, which is why she is one of about 3 DCCs that I follow on Instagram, but I agree about her most recent content. Yes. We know you have a boyfriend. Yes. We know he is weird about his diet. In fact, he just seems plain weird. (I’m sure in reality he is a very nice guy who just doesn’t want to be the main star of her Instagram.)

I did start following Ryan Ray after someone posted a link to her Instagram on here. I think she is adorable and hilarious. 

I realize I also follow Kelsey Bond, and I have no clue why 😂 

I just unfollowed her this week too!  I think her and Grant are very well suited, and lots of good natured teasing from what I can see...but I just didn't care to follow anymore.  Which is silly, because I follow a zillion accounts, mostly hobby related...not sure why she was getting bumped up in the algorithm so much or what exactly did it.  A lot of people who are continuously traveling during the pandemic have been working my nerve too, so maybe that's why.  They could both be vaccinated up the wazoo but it still seems weird to me.  (And I got my first vacc yesterday, woot!)  

@KnyghtRyder - I do too!  Her life just seems interesting post DCC, and since she's still close to a lot of her teammates you get that occasional bit of an update.  I follow Sydney as well...both are really strong in their content, particularly Sydney since she's wrapped her business in it.  I think other than those two, Jacie and Brianna, I might follow a couple more but they must not hit my newfeed too often!  Someone will always post here if there's something exciting going on 🙂

• Love 4
19 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Kelcey was on show-group and was ROTY.  Plus nursing is one of the professions that Kelly love to use to show that DCC are intelligent too!

I know Kelly cut a COVID survivor and a 2-year showgroup member this year, but it would be a marketing nightmare to cut a healthcare hero during a pandemic and Kelly knows that. Taylor being good friends with Kelly's daughter definitely keeps her safe but I think any public servant/essential worker was not going to get cut this year.

On a related note, does anyone know if a military veteran has made it to finals/TC? I would love to see Kelly deal with the politics of cutting a dancer she doesn't like also be a veteran

Kelli would find any reason she could to cut a girl she doesn't want on the squad and the better it makes her look while making the girl look worse the more she would like it.  It doesn't even have to be the truth.  There's been numerous reasons given to cut girls and some of them may have even been the truth, but more were just convenient or made the organization look good.

• Love 4
On 3/10/2021 at 4:59 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Personally I hope it never gets to the point that they have to say "we can't cut her because she was a 'this or that.'"

I dunno. I kind of feel like they’ve already done that in the past. And continue to do so. 

• Love 2
On 2/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, Bigorangecatmom said:

Glad to see Jinelle looking so happy. Good for them for keeping their wedding low-key and Covid safe. 

Aww yay Jinelle! Not to brag, but there's no community transmission in the state she's in, so she could have had a normal wedding if she wanted. It's just that everything is booked out. 

Also, that's horrible for Jordan. Poor bub 😢

• Love 3
13 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Poor Jordan . Baby Titus passed away , so heartbreaking 

Oh MAN!  That is horrible! It hurts to lose a child, but I don't know if it's worse to lose them when they're so young (5 weeks).

• Love 3