Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Does she speak with an english accent?  I think thats who Im thinking of.  So if MM is advocating for these people, then we need to triple backn with votes of pro Ana.  Didnt they set up a special suggestion box?  Or surely theres someplace to leave your view lol

Nope, she's got an American accent. I don't watch the channel so I'm unfamiliar with any of their hosts. I wonder if they're truly open to any suggestions or if they want to replace Sara with someone who is of a similar bubbly nature. I don't think any of the political guest commentators to date such as Ana or Tara would be in serious running if that's the case. But otherwise that, they both hold their own in political conversations but still are likeable and engaged when they talk about the fluff topics as well. I certainly wouldn't mind Ana on the panel but without knowing anything about her personal situation, I would say there's a possibility that she wouldn't even want the gig full-time as it would require her to relocate with her partner (unless they do long distance).

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Does she speak with an english accent?  

Are you thinking of Katty Kay?  She's British and a real pundit. 

(Hilarious.  Spell check now suggests "pundint" as a real word.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Does she speak with an english accent?  I think thats who Im thinking of.  So if MM is advocating for these people, then we need to triple backn with votes of pro Ana.  Didnt they set up a special suggestion box?  Or surely theres someplace to leave your view lol

I think you are thinking of Cat Deeley from So You Think You Can Dance.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Goodbye, The View. I would've kept watching if I didn't already know Meh-gun will continue to have ABC-endorsed daily tantrums, only now with a (Russia-friendly) friend to scream along with her. No thanks.

I am done as well.  I will come and read the posts and snark with you guys. I have had it. Megan should have gotten fired and replaced with either Ana or Tara. They don't have to have  5 people on the panel. This is ridiculous.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, pinkle6 said:

It’s official, Abby Huntsman is joining the show.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/09/the-view-abby-huntsman-fox-news-season-22-cohost/

It's official for me, I'm out!  The show will be removed from my DVR.  There is no way in hell I will watch this train wreck.  RBM posted a pic on Instagram this past weekend showing her holding Huntsman's baby daughter, Isabel.  I knew then something was up.  I don't know why ABC doesn't rename the show Meghan McCain's View.  I'm guessing Huntsman will be mute anytime anyone wants to talk about Russia in view of her father's position.  Reminds me how they never discussed the tax cuts because you know who's father had voted in favor of them and I guess it was deemed to be too touchy a subject.  What a mistake all the way around.  I'll be giving Sara's GMA a look.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

It's official for me, I'm out!  The show will be removed from my DVR.  There is no way in hell I will watch this train wreck.  RBM posted a pic on Instagram this past weekend showing her holding Huntsman's baby daughter, Isabel.  I knew then something was up.  I don't know why ABC doesn't rename the show Meghan McCain's View.  I'm guessing Huntsman will be mute anytime anyone wants to talk about Russia in view of her father's position.  Reminds me how they never discussed the tax cuts because you know who's father had voted in favor of them and I guess it was deemed to be too touchy a subject.  What a mistake all the way around.  I'll be giving Sara's GMA a look.

Oh lord, yeah I'm not sure I will watch.

I'm sure she demanded that she get a say in the new cohost. Meghan played the victim and wanted someone on the panel to back her up. 

• Love 4

I doubt I'll be watching in September either.  I stopped watching at the end of June, and didn't miss the fighting and negativity at all. And now that they're adding another Fox News person, it's just going to be more and more of the same. And now there'll be 2 of them to bring up Fox all the time, and then spew negativity towards the network they currently work for.  I liked it better when the networks pretended the others didn't even exist. 

I might still read the forums come September, but if I don't hope I'll see some of you in the other forums.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Ugh. I've no interest in watching anymore either. I'll check out the new show on NBC. 

What is the new NBC show?  I will not watch The View with MM, Abby, Cat (don't know her) Whoopie, Sunny and Joy.   Six co hosts are too many.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4

Just great, sigh. Abby's net worth is $20M. She owns 5 luxury cars worth $1M, including a Bentley. It will be interesting to see how she feels about the little people and if she labels people like MM  (despite her saying she hates labels). I suppose the topic of Russia will be off the table. In addition to FOX she interned one summer for Diane Sawyer. 

I'm sure I'll tune in to see if it is a train wreck or if Abby can stand up to MM like Ana does.

• Love 6

Since MM only knows how to be argumentative and vitriolic, it might help to have someone she perceives as an ally.  After a full season of MM, the other panelists seem frustrated that MM takes everything so personally and immediately launches into the Talking Points that her husband and others discuss in ways that most folks discuss the weather.  She doesnt have the skill set to acknowledge other points of view before launching into borderline-deranged tangential deflection points.  I am not familiar with newbie, but her father was a Never Trumper, who like the rest of the party, happily moved into power when given the chance.

Trump won married women.  Trump won white women.  He will probably do the same in 2020.  This fact is what underlies most of MM's hysterical reactions.  She doesn't *get* that the others do not see that or acknowledge that.

Ratings for The View are steady or slightly up in an era when most network programming is collapsing.  It would have preferred seeing the Tara person who guest hosted a few times.  I knew Ana would never take the job.  She seems content popping in as a guest co-host a few times a month. Hiring a new mom worth $20M seems an odd choice, but here's a thought:  Now that the show has another Rich Young White Conservative co-host, it makes MM expendable.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

I have to admit that I've never seen her, although her background doesn't make me optimistic.   Is Abby a real friend of MM, or is the friendship all in MM's head?

40 minutes ago, TheView said:

I'm willing to see how Abby gels in with the other ladies. 

I will give her one week.  You never know, because I found Jed OK, for the most part.

• Love 1
Just now, WarnerCL45 said:

I have to admit that I've never seen her, although her background doesn't make me optimistic.   Is Abby a real friend of MM, or is the friendship all in MM's head?

I will give her one week.  You never know, because I found Jed OK, for the most part.

She is a true friend of MM. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Don't hate her because she's rich!   LOL

With all due respect I did not say I hated her because she was rich. I actually said I would be interested in seeing her take on non-super rich people and I would give her a chance. Or at least that was my intent.

1 minute ago, maggiemae said:

With all due respect I did not say I hated her because she was rich. I actually said I would be interested in seeing her take on non-super rich people and I would give her a chance. Or at least that was my intent.

It'll be fun seeing how she reacts when topics of sex come up. 

• Love 1

Here's some interesting information about Abby Huntsman, which leads me to believe she may be as strident, if not more so, than M. McCain.  This doesn't bode well for the direction The View will be taking.

I hope Joy has stocked up on Excedrin and tranquilizers.  Whoopi will need more weed.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2018/07/26/abby-huntsman-potential-new-co-host-view-has-record-excusing-bigotry-and-shilling-trump/220802

"During her time at Fox News, Huntsman has accumulated a record of incendiary conservative commentary. She has helped shill for Trump, including defending his racist views and repeated lies; pushed racist views and falsehoods of her own; and attacked the media."

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 8

If Abby Huntsman and Meghan McCain are two of the panelists on The View, one (Huntsman) will be the daughter of the U.S. Ambassador to Russia, appointed by Trump, and the other is the daughter in law (McCain) of an official in the Department of the Interior under Trump. Both are from very wealthy families and are Fox alumni, AND they are friends! They could have picked Tara, who seems very smart and eloquent. I've seen Huntsman, and she has neither of those qualities, and we know McCain is dumb as a rock, along with being a spoiled brat. I won't be watching the View in the fall. I don't need the aggravation.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

Here's some interesting information about Abby Huntsman, which leads me to believe she may be as strident, if not more so, than M. McCain.  This doesn't bode well for the direction The View will be taking.

I hope Joy has stocked up on Excedrin and tranquilizers.  Whoopi will need more weed.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2018/07/26/abby-huntsman-potential-new-co-host-view-has-record-excusing-bigotry-and-shilling-trump/220802

"During her time at Fox News, Huntsman has accumulated a record of incendiary conservative commentary. She has helped shill for Trump, including defending his racist views and repeated lies; pushed racist views and falsehoods of her own; and attacked the media."

Wow, she sounds awesome.  Meggie's best friend is joining the show.  Every day we will hear how happy she is to not be the only persecuted Trump supporter.  Only she's not a Trump supporter.  Cause he continues to trash her father.  But wait, she is a Trump supporter, except for that whole thing where he trashes her father.  It must be difficult, to support the lunatic President who at every rally trashes your father.  Except not.  She seems okay with that. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I wonder if Joy will stick around.

Her contract's up at the end of next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see her peace out, and wouldn't blame her considering how ABC has enabled McCain to be a vile piece of shit to her. And I hope Joy takes a chunk of viewers with her when she leaves.

• Love 13

From Variety:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/abby-huntsman-the-view-abc-1202901293/

They’re getting it right at “The View.”

Abby Huntsman, who has worked at Fox News Channel as a general assignment reporter and co-host of the weekend edition of “Fox & Friends,” is expected to join the ABC daytime talk show, according to a person familiar with the situation. Huntsman, who is the daughter of Jon Huntsman, the U.S. Ambassador to Russia, would bolster the ranks of young Republicans around “The View’s” table, joining Meghan McCain.

ABC declined to make executives available for comment.  Huntsman is expected to work her last stint on “Fox & Friends Weekend” this Saturday and Sunday, Fox News said in a statement.

10 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Now that the show has another Rich Young White Conservative co-host, it makes MM expendable.  

That is the only good thing that might come out of this.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Her contract's up at the end of next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see her peace out, and wouldn't blame her considering how ABC has enabled McCain to be a vile piece of shit to her. And I hope Joy takes a chunk of viewers with her when she leaves.

I floved Joy's interview show and when she filled in for Larry Suspenders!  

Joy needs her own show because she is that good/smart/funny and shouldn't be relegated to tolerating that idiot Meh-gun who couldn't follow logic to save her life. 

MM's targeting is Joy is ridiculous and it was  irresponsible of ABC to let it happen.  

MM stands for "Mental Midget " IMHO. No offense to little people. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I floved Joy's interview show and when she filled in for Larry Suspenders!  

Joy needs her own show because she is that good/smart/funny and shouldn't be relegated to tolerating that idiot Meh-gun who couldn't follow logic to save her life. 

I still hate that her HLN show was cancelled.

The one bonus of her leaving The View would be to finally get that tell-all/biography everyone knows she has stored away somewhere. The sweetest part will be the dish on what assholes Whoopi and Meh-gun have been behind-the-scenes these past three years (I mean, finding what else happened on top of the tension and/or outright hatefulness we've seen onscreen directed at Paula, Joy, Sunny, and Ana Navarro), and the shenanigans with Barbara, Elisabeth, and Bill Geddie. Throw some darts at ABC and HLN, too, I hope. Joy's the only co-host I'd expect to be honest about all of it, although I could see her being kind to Barbara if anybody. I'm sure she'd do a drive-by on what she heard from people working at the show on how Whoopi acted towards O'Donnell and Perez, too. I'm sure Star, Barbara, Whoopi, Elisabeth, Raven, O'Donnell, Nicolle, Perez, and naturally Meh-gun will all have complaints to makelies to spin.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Sorry, it was a joke.  A take on the old commercial "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" - not everyone gets my obscure references!

• Love 3

Joy doesn't need this mess.  It was bad enough with Meghan but now it won't worth her time.  I don't care about the rest of them, only Joy.

Whoopi doesn't bug me as much but I don't care about if she is happy or not. Sunny is entirely too sappy for me.

They can bring back Bitsy as the moderator and call it a day.  I'm out!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If Joy leaves, I am done. I would come back and give it a try again if/when Meghan is given the boot. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I still hate that her HLN show was cancelled.

The one bonus of her leaving The View would be to finally get that tell-all/biography everyone knows she has stored away somewhere. The sweetest part will be the dish on what assholes Whoopi and Meh-gun have been behind-the-scenes these past three years (I mean, finding what else happened on top of the tension and/or outright hatefulness we've seen onscreen directed at Paula, Joy, Sunny, and Ana Navarro), and the shenanigans with Barbara, Elisabeth, and Bill Geddie. Throw some darts at ABC and HLN, too, I hope. Joy's the only co-host I'd expect to be honest about all of it, although I could see her being kind to Barbara if anybody. I'm sure she'd do a drive-by on what she heard from people working at the show on how Whoopi acted towards O'Donnell and Perez, too. I'm sure Star, Barbara, Whoopi, Elisabeth, Raven, O'Donnell, Nicolle, Perez, and naturally Meh-gun will all have complaints to makelies to spin.

I don't think that Joy would whitewash Barbara's shenanigans. I remember when she was on watch happens live with Rosie, she said that Barbara was weird and doing strange things.  Joy said that she was unmoored when Meredith left and she intimated that things were off the wall behind the scenes. I surmised that Bill Geddie was flexing his muscles and given lots of power by Barbara and the network.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that Joy would whitewash Barbara's shenanigans. I remember when she was on watch happens live with Rosie, she said that Barbara was weird and doing strange things.  Joy said that she was unmoored when Meredith left and she intimated that things were off the wall behind the scenes. I surmised that Bill Geddie was flexing his muscles and given lots of power by Barbara and the network.

I would believe that.  Keep in mind Star left around the same time Meredith did.  So Joy was left with Elisabeth who was Geddie's pet and then  Rosie came on board.  Geddie was a rabid Republican.  I have no doubt he didn't like Joy.

• Love 8
On 8/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, pinkle6 said:

Has she ever been a co-host before? I understand Ana not joining, since she probably doesn't want to leave Miami and move to New York. But I thought Whoopi, and everyone else, liked Tara. She spoke well and seems to have a sense of humour. She also provided a conservative view without feeling like a talking piece.

I don't know much about Abby, but if she's from Fox and made a career of defending Trump and his racist nonsense then I don't really see how she can be a proper fit for the View. Meghan's tantrums is one thing, but if Abby is like that then I don't see how Whoopi will be able to stand it.

Edit: On Twitter, someone mentioned that she's anti Trump, so maybe we'll get a nuanced discussion on what he's doing then. I'll have to wait and see.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 4
On 8/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, pinkle6 said:

Well, ladies and gents, I certainly enjoyed my time here with you all but it looks like I will only come to the thread to react to what I read.

I’m so disappointed in The View. I can’t do it for another year. I just can’t. It’s a pity that they’d rather have articles written about all the cat fights and drama than an actual decent, light-hearted show where nobody takes themselves too seriously. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I went through several Abby Huntsman tweets, and nothing political at all.  It was mostly shilling her Fox & Friends show, her new kids' book, and her family and friends.

I’ve posted this article here before but she’s another little Fox News sweetheart like Meghan. 

8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

If the ABC is looking to attract Fox viewers they are just wasting their time.  Look at what happened with NBC hiring Megan Kelly.  By trying to appeal to viewers you don't have you risk losing the viewers you do ha

They’re riding high on that report about their ratings being the highest its been in years. I guess we’ll see if it backfires on them.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

When Joy was on Watch What Happens Live with Rosie O, she said she kept a diary from Rosie's famously tumultuous season. That's be a hell of a book!

• Love 10