Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, backformore said:

the person who posted those memes -  Meghan BLOCKED her on twitter.  

So Meghan was home all day yesterday reading replies on twitter, crying her eyes out. 

... which makes me very happy!!!  Maybe poor wee precious will just give up & go away!!!

• Love 7

I saw the comments about the manufactured Twitter comment pinned on Joy about the fire at Trump tower. Wow, the bots must have their crosshairs on Joy lately.

When I Googled to see what everyone was talking about, I also saw an article about "View watchers" supposedly speculating that McCain must be pregnant after her absence during the last week of March. I don't remember anyone saying that anywhere... Anyone guessing this was fished out by McCain herself to distract from the real speculation that she'd been suspended for attacking a gun shooting survivor?

• Love 5

Yay! Bila and McCain denied. If The View fires the latter and brings Navarro on board next season, they might actually stand a chance.

I'm glad The Real got recognition. The show's actually pretty good now that Tamar Braxton's out.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yay! Bila and McCain denied. If The View fires the latter and brings Navarro on board next season, they might actually stand a chance.

I'm glad The Real got recognition. The show's actually pretty good now that Tamar Braxton's out.

Betcha they'll keep holding onto the "Emmy-Nominated" title, though!

• Love 2

Anybody notice that when Whoopi announced the winners, which included GMA, the picture shown included Sunny but WG made no mention of it.  Joy said something to Sunny right after and Sunny just kind of shrugged her shoulders, I think.  She certainly should have been acknowledged.

• Love 3

The intro yesterday did not include Meh-gan. I re-ran it to make sure.

I don't recall then changing the intro before when regular panelists are gone briefly,  so I'm thinking she may not be back for awhile due to her father, or (more optimistically for me)  due to viewer dislike of her agressive behavior and ill-fit at this job/with the group.

Monday's discussion was refreshingly candid and free from the draggy, faux-angry, nitpicky dourness of MM. 

FLOVE  Joy for bringing up the lack of humor from the current administration  (and adjacent wanna-be-a- politico MM).  

Ana is glorious in her wise views. Sunny is so smart. Sara even spoke magnanimously to the backlash on Michelle Wolf. 

I love their casual, just-another-day-in-crazy-DC /medialand views. It was so ENJOYABLE. 

No pearl clutching, screeching, word jumbles which MM  cannot defend/explain coherently when questioned directly. 

MM needs to find another lunch table to sit at. The smart girls' table is full. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

The intro yesterday did not include Meh-gan. I re-ran it to make sure.

I don't recall then changing the intro before when regular panelists are gone briefly,

Replying in the Episode thread.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

It’s funny McCain should mention fake news, because that Jim Acosta quote was taken out of context by Fox News. Acosta was referring to the kind of people who might actually threaten or want to hurt journalists because they don’t know that Trump’s attacks on the media are “an act.” So unless McCain is attempting to portray all Trump supporters as people who want to hurt journalists, maybe that’s not the best thing to misquote.

Perfect.

• Love 6
(edited)

Thanks for that article @Silver Raven.   Below are 2 of my favorite parts.  Priceless.  

Today on The View, aka Let’s All Just Gaslight Each Other to Death, Meghan McCain pulled one helluva Meghan McCain...

I do feel for McCain. She’s clearly going through a lot in her personal life. But her whole act—bemoaning how conservatives are constantly attacked while in no way backing it up with thoughtful critique—is only becoming more feeble.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6

Huffington Post is reporting tonight that MM will be responding to her call from Kelly Stabler (WH aide) for her comment at the WH about Senator McCain today on the show tomorrow. Sorry, I can't link. CNN verified this as well.

It irks me that even the Hollywood Reporter got Joy's quote wrong.  She didn't say Christianity is a mental illness.  She was referring to the fact that hearing voices is often a sign of mental illness.

• Love 15
(edited)
19 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It irks me that even the Hollywood Reporter got Joy's quote wrong.  She didn't say Christianity is a mental illness.  She was referring to the fact that hearing voices is often a sign of mental illness.

People also forget that Omarosa said that Pence believes that he can literally hears and speaks to Jesus. She was the one that put that idea out there, implying that Pence was a religious fanatic, and that he takes it too far. It was probably, hyperbole, on her part, to paint, Pence, as a dangerous religious zealot.  Joy tried to make a joke out of it and the right wing media, twisted her words and pushed the narrative that she said that Christianity was a mental illness.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It's not hyperbole, regarding what Amarosa said. 

It just seemed like she was defending her president, by making Pence sound worst... He is awful. I thought that she was playing to the cameras. She is a shrewd woman, I will give her that. This degenerate has used her fifteen minute of fame from the early 2000 and got herself a job, in the white house..

• Love 2
(edited)

If Abby is hired I will not watch - she is a bff and ride or die friend of MM. She works for FOX. Her dad is our Ambassador to Russia.

ETA - Aaaagh - this means MM is not going anywhere.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 8

Just read about Huntsman possibly joining the table as a second conservative and had to vent.  I am beyond pissed off.  This confirms that Meh-gun is not going anywhere and it appears to me she may have a lot more pull than I, at least, thought she had. Abby Huntsman is one of her BFF's and she has posted pics on Twitter of them out to dinner on a Saturday night in Manhattan.  I think Meh-gun is pushing for this as she does not want Tara to join the show, as she is her worst nightmare.  She's smart and will call her out on her shit.  I really had hoped that Tara was going to replace Sara, but it appears that is not going to be the case.  The show will now have two conservatives who will not speak freely because they both have family 'in the administration'. This is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.  No wonder that arrogant bitch has been so smug lately, she knows she's safe and now she's going to have back up.

• Love 14
(edited)

Abby wasn't that bad when I saw her on that MSNBC show The Cycle which didn't last long. I'm sure now that she's gone through FoxBot training she's as annoying as RBM.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Nope. Nope. Nope.

They put another Trump-supporting nepotism-touting conservative at the table, and I'm outta here. Sara was never a conservative, and there's no need to replace her with anyone like Abby Huntsman.

• Love 11

I meant to add that I'd quit watching too if they hired her. I've already cut way back on my viewing due to RBM so stopping completely again like I did for some of the time Joy was gone as a host wouldn't be that hard.

• Love 3

Anyone have the contact for the View - we need to email them and complain right away- too much Trump (indirect) nepotism, a senator, an ambassador and a fil under Zinke? And explain no problem with Ana or Tara or similar.

• Love 6
(edited)

I have no idea who Abby Huntsman is, I've never seen her - don't watch Fox.  I would prefer Tara or Ana.  I might give her a chance, but only for a week.  Maybe they are obligated to replace Sara with a WASP.   LOL

She has better credentials than MM.  (from Wikipedia)

Huntsman was born in Pennsylvania. She grew up in Utah but spent many years living in Asia, including Taiwan and Singapore. She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2008, with a degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE). she   She is no longer a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 1
(edited)

Abby Huntsman?  Good grief...another Foxbot.

From the little I've seen of her, I fear she could be another Born Again Candace.  Two of them with high-powered daddies might be nauseating, especially if she's a buddy of MMM.

I'd much rather have Tara there to push back against MMM.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 7
(edited)

I think it’s very telling they are courting another Conservative full time on the panel. Unprecedented.

On one hand, FOX would have to stop saying it’s a liberally biased show.  On the other hand, they won’t.

Itll be nice not to have MM think she’s the victim/authority, but I wish they would try and get a true Independent. Sara was close to that. Jedi could have been that as well but, alas. 

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don't watch this piece of shit show anymore.  I used to watch it daily since its inception but weaned myself off of it once Whoopi showed up, took over and ruined it.  I do follow the news about it though and I know a lot of you are hoping for Ana Navarro to join because Ana is AWESOME and wonderful.  But NO, NO, NO, for the love of all that is good and holy in the world, please, please, please, do not wish this pile of shit show on Ana.  She deserves SO much better than The View.  I would absolutely hate for her to join.  Don't do it, Ana.  Boo!  Boo!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 3