Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Though this is a funny quote now (from last fall) http://www.tvguide.com/news/maksim-chmerkovskiy-leaving-dancing-with-the-stars/

Dude just needs to learn to keep his trap shut. Talk less, smile more, Maks.

This combined with the Glamour interview with DWTS producers (linked earlier in the thread) is why I'm not at all surprised to see Maks back. How much of a time Maks needs to spend away from the baby is definitely something producers can help with. My hunch is he and Peta will both get partners who don't need to leave LA much (if at all). Producers can also make it easier them to bring the baby to set. I'm not saying they begged him to come back or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a few accommodations to make it easier for Maks and Peta to compete and still spend time with their baby.

To me, Maks says what he feels in the moment. That's how he felt at the time. A few months, and a few conversations with producers, later and he's in a different place. I enjoy the entertainment he brings.

• Love 4

All the pros should just stop talking about leaving. All of them. My eyes start rolling automatically whenever one of them gets coy when asked if they will do another season. Just stop.

I get why they all come back if they're asked, though. It's a good gig, it pays well. Most of them have dance studios and other ventures they do besides that, and that can be good income as well, but a season of DWTS is probably a quick way to earn a lot (in the context of a dancer career). And yeah, Maks can be fun. He's inconsistent and he needs a partner he clicks with, but at his best he's pretty entertaining. He and Amber actually seemed to get on all right, as long as there was no dancing involved. (-; She was both insecure and IMO also not very interested in dancing at all, and Maks certainly is not the pro for babysitting duties like that. She'd have been better off with someone like Tony or Mark, perhaps Sasha, patient types. I think DWTS hoped she'd be more like her media persona, but you never know how someone will react to a completely new experience like that.

That said, I rewatched some dances from the older seasons and it's really ridiculous how inconsistent Maks has always been as a choreographer. I was aware of that before, but wow. He can go from cringeworthy and terrible, to generic and boring, to vaguely pleasant, to really strategic and clever, to totally wrongheaded, to stunningly brilliant (he's created some of my fave DWTS dances). Sometimes with the same partner! One thing that I've come to appreciate about him in particular, though, is how big and expansive his best dances always seem. He covers the whole floor with his choreography, in his best partnerships he was able to install self-confident movements in his partner and it's all very dynamic and exciting to watch. Even someone like Kristie Alley was moving with freedom and assurance.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, katha said:

Maks can be fun. He's inconsistent and he needs a partner he clicks with, but at his best he's pretty entertaining.

There's a reason you don't often hear people say their favorite partner of Maks' was Tia or Laila or Melissa. Most people seem to enjoy him best with Mel B, Erin, Kirstie or Meryl. No coincidence those are the partners he seemed to get along with and enjoyed dancing with the most. Even in interviews he always gives some combination of those four when asked his favorite partners.

For years Maks always said the best part of doing the show for him was the friendships he developed and maintained with his partners. However I took a look at his social media accounts the other day and noticed the only partners he still follows are Erin and Meryl. I know there's bad blood between him and some of his past partners (Willa, Laila, Kirstie and Hope come to mind) but he doesn't seem to maintain too many of those relationships the way people like Val and Tony and Karina do. I found it interesting that Mel was no longer someone he followed since I thought they'd maintained a pretty close relationship over the years.

21 hours ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Though this is a funny quote now (from last fall) http://www.tvguide.com/news/maksim-chmerkovskiy-leaving-dancing-with-the-stars/

Dude just needs to learn to keep his trap shut. Talk less, smile more, Maks.

My point exactly.

All the pros should just stop talking about leaving. All of them. My eyes start rolling automatically whenever one of them gets coy when asked if they will do another season. Just stop.

It's not about taking time off or saying they won't be back for a season or two, especially if they really won't be, like Mark last season. It's the shutting the door on the show the way Maks repeatedly has that makes him so eye roll worthy. Some can play the game of BWAD (aka but what about Derek) all day long but the fact is Maks is the only one who keeps insisting he is done, 100% done, so over it, over the show, etc. etc. and keeps coming back.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
On 2/21/2017 at 7:49 PM, Toonces464 said:

Maks and Val's tour was produced by the same people who produce the DWTS tour and the Move tour. Cheryl's show that she did in Japan last year was not affiliated with DWTS. Neither, obviously, were Mark or Karina's stints on Broadway or most of the things Derek has done outside of the Move tour.

Who is producing these tours?  I've wondered where the seed money was coming from (especially the 1st tours for each the C-Bros + the Houghs).   These are not cheap shows to launch and I've had theories about who was financing them but have never found any info.  Of course profits earned from 1 tour is probably reinvested for the next tour but somebody had to put up the money for all the travel, production, salaries, venue guarantees, etc.  I assumed ABC/BBC was financing the DWTS tour but not for the C-Bros or Houghs.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, classique said:

Thing is, I'm not even sure it will make much of a difference this season? There are other really good people in the female line-up in particular and it's not like the public decides solely on dancing terms. You could have a Sabrina Bryan situation on your hand where she dances well, but the audience just doesn't care. Though yeah, she's a ringer-y ringer, comparable perhaps only with Nicole Scherzinger and Corbin Bleu. But it's not a sure thing she'll win at all. She could be a shocking elimination, I'm not sure how big her fanbase is and she'll probably face hardcore backlash.

Edited by katha

Heather is, I agree, in the ultimate ringer discussions with Nicole and Corbin. The question of who of those three had the biggest advantage I'll leave to people who better know all the training they received but they were all clearly at a level even far above ringers like Paige, Meryl, Joey Fatone, Mario Lopez etc. who while very clearly trained weren't famous primarily for their dancing.

The dancing is never going to be Heather's problem. What it's going to be the problem for her are if she can connect with the voting audience and can Maks create interesting enough routines to get people to vote for her. Maks is not a great choreographer. He's had great ideas and great routines over the years but when you look at some of his seasons week to week there are stinkers in there and he can be very repetitive. And he is not at all good at what this show does now. Whenever Maks is in a "hip hop" pro number (though I'd argue not a single pro on this show can really dance hip hop well) he is the weakest person there.

As for Heather, I watched Glee and paid attention to the behind the scenes stuff at the beginning. She was likeable and charming and goofy and those are good qualities to have but I don't know how she'll connect with Maks and it's hard to judge how the audience will react to someone so obviously trained.

I'm excited to see Heather dance, because like I said, I liked her on Glee and I like watching great dancers. But I'm not blind to the fact that she has a huge and clear advantage over everyone else cast this season, including Normani, Nancy and Simone (who people are also calling ringers) and that probably isn't right.

• Love 2
(edited)

If I had to bet money Val and Normani are the winners this season. I'm not sure Max can handle choreographing Heather and she can come off a bit hard if she's super focused. I love them both though. And Simone. I'm happy for Sasha. And I've been a fan of Nancy's since the late 1980's. And Charo was always adorable and fun. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

I don't think most believe it's a guarantee she'll win because yeah, the show is based on viewer votes and people vote for all kinds of reason, which is not always the actual dancing. And as a former Glee viewer I can't say I remember Heather having the most exciting personality. I think some are just surprised because she really is one of the biggest ringers that has ever been on the show. The woman danced with Beyonce. From everything I have observed of Beyonce over the years, she doesn't strike me as someone who hires anything less than the best. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Uke said:

http://www.eonline.com/news/832820/just-how-famous-is-dancing-with-the-stars-season-24-cast-we-asked-5-random-people-if-they-know-who-they-are

This is waaaay too good! (Well, the new "stars" might not want to read how unknown or "generic" they are) ha!

Thanks for the article.  I think Simone will go far so yeah for Sasha!!  I don't think Heather is a guarantee since not that many people know her.  I also agree that Maks is mostly a miss when it comes to choreography.

(edited)

Hope this is the right thread - I watched at least one little video of each of the couples talking and I'm posting my thumbnail first impressions - sorry for the snark - can't help it with celebritydom.

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/videos/

Bull rider/Sharna:  So pretty but sounds like a dolt. At least Sharna's fun so there's that but not expecting much more.

Charo/Keo: I love her accent! She's such fun!  I think Keo will have a good time :)

Gleb & partner – she's so husky voiced - a smoker?; why doesn't she brush her hair or get somebody else to do it??; can't figure out if she's fake/stiff/dull but in any case, Ugh.

Maks' – pageant girl answers duhhh; in some pix, she's Caitlyn Jenner's doppelganger. I never watched Glee though - maybe she's fab...

Mr T – considerably calmed down from the old days – grandpa wisdom and his “cause” zzz. I wanted crazy! But not hopelessly so a la former Kym "specials" Jameel and Hasselhoff.

Nancy – I really really liked her in the first clip – Artem looks less than stoked but I don't think she's the basket case I feared (maybe Gleb's girl is?).

Rashad – certainly not lacking in confidence – seemed overly ego-defended or too cool for school? I'm wary of this guy.

Val's partner – just a kid – maybe some degree of personality-spark will show up from her later but not on my watch-list at all. Think this couple's a snoozer.

Lindsay's baseball guy – warm/nice/likeable, just like her; think he also might be funny – looking forward to them. He's so down to earth or self-deprecating - well whatever it is, I like him.

Simone/Sacha – adorable – love them! My faves – besides Peta the only ones I watched all the videos for - so far, perfect! She's witty!!

Comedian – Thought I'd hate him but he's cool, though he doesn't look physically well – Witney's a real ditz isn't she? and she doesn't look happy with this guy, especially in pix, a la Artem-smirk.

Peta's – heard he was a PITA but couldn't really tell – seems smart enough/maybe a wise ass? – has Peta put botox in her lips?? Oh plz ladies stop doing that! Will keep my eye on him – is he or Rashad the jerk-du-jour? Hopefully neither.

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/videos/

Edited by Morrigan

Heather Morris was a professional dancer before she was on Glee (where she did a lot of dancing). Early in her career she didn't get past the Vegas round on SYTYCD but went on to be a backup dancer on one of Beyonce's world tours. She also toured with Beyonce when she was publicizing Put a Ring on It.  It seems to me that she would be an immediate favorite to make  the finals

2 hours ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

The biggest ringer ever was the Hough's cousin ( can't remember his name) who actually competed in Ballroom!  He knew more than partner Allison!

Riker was a ringer, but they really did downplay his previous dancing skills. I don't even remember hearing about him having any, I could be wrong though. I just don't remember them talking about it much. But then a few seasons later, Paige's mom owns a dancing studio and a lot of people got mad about that because she danced when she was younger. I agree that Heather is somewhat of the same league of Riker, but I feel the producers won't hide it.

I think the difference with Heather (besides having been employed to a fairly significant degree as a dancer, which sets her apart from Riker and Paige) is that it's simply impossible to hide. Beyonce and Glee are hard to pretend never happened, especially with so very much video evidence available of her work and skills. It does add an interesting layer to how much the show can dismiss a ringer narrative in this case. Considering how much it's been played up in the press already, one almost wonders if they want the controversy...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lavenderblue said:

I think the difference with Heather (besides having been employed to a fairly significant degree as a dancer, which sets her apart from Riker and Paige) is that it's simply impossible to hide. Beyonce and Glee are hard to pretend never happened, especially with so very much video evidence available of her work and skills. It does add an interesting layer to how much the show can dismiss a ringer narrative in this case. Considering how much it's been played up in the press already, one almost wonders if they want the controversy...

I wouldn't be surprised if they want the controversy. It's more media for them and as of late, the show has been..lusterless. Don't get me wrong, this show was never one for the greats. In fact, it's more or less a shown know as the old A list celebs trying to reignite their careers or something, but I do feel like there was a blip for at least a couple seasons where there was genuine interest in who would win and who was dancing. I think now the problem is that viewers by the end of week 2, sometimes even sadly week 1 can pick out the final three and there's no real speculation. 

Sometimes there can be a random dark horse, like a bachelor contestant who overstays their welcome-probably because it's an ABC show- or the army guy a few seasons ago, but more or less,, we now know who's likely to stay on for the long haul. So maybe the producers were hoping to get more viewers. We have a lot of people that can be considered ringers this time around and I agree with you, I think it was a conscious choice to garner media attention. 

• Love 2

It will also be interesting to see who will be able to relax and deal best with the popularity contest aspect of the show (without freezing up and coming across as forced and try-hard), which is just as important if you want to make it far. Introverts never had it easy on DWTS. The bull rider came across as a bit awkward. Simone and Sasha obviously had the best rapport because they've known each other for some time now, while all the other couples presumably just met. Nancy and Normani both seemed sweet, but somewhat shy. I knew that Nancy was reserved from watching figure skating, so that's not a surprise, but I was surprised at Normani because the girl group persona they project in performances is naturally way more outgoing and I'd never seen her outside of that. I found her very nice and I don't mind if the contestants aren't super loud personality wise, but it might cause her to fly under the radar for the main DWTS audience (I know her fanbase will rally for her).

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Uke said:

http://www.eonline.com/news/832820/just-how-famous-is-dancing-with-the-stars-season-24-cast-we-asked-5-random-people-if-they-know-who-they-are

This is waaaay too good! (Well, the new "stars" might not want to read how unknown or "generic" they are) ha!

I had to LOL at the high school kid. My son would have given the same responses. It looks like Simone was the only one they heard of...sounds about right.

• Love 1

I know he's being very petty but I have to say the fact that William Shatner loves Reality TV and proudly tweets about it makes me smile. Especially because things like the Bachelor and DWTS tend to be geared to women so his pride about it is extra-awesome. I've never watched an episode of The Bachelor in my life but I saw plenty of people online who don't like Nick and think he cares more about being famous than anything else (like that's any different from anyone else who goes on reality tv?) and that he was a mean person on The Bachelor. The only difference is Shatner has an audience when he tweets.

• Love 1

Nick is certainly a very divisive person but YMMV I saw no attitude from him after his scores. Nick looked exactly as he described after the show in my opinion - like someone who completely blacked out for the whole thing because he was so nervous. As for Shatner's tweeting, well as they say, any publicity is good publicity. He's certainly putting Nick's name out there even more. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, vibeology said:

I've never watched an episode of The Bachelor in my life but I saw plenty of people online who don't like Nick and think he cares more about being famous than anything else (like that's any different from anyone else who goes on reality tv?) and that he was a mean person on The Bachelor.

It's probably true that Nick just likes the attention and fame, but that's not unlike any reality star. 

My only experience with Nick was his just-ended season of The Bachelor, so maybe it's something more, but he was among the more ... considerate of the Bachelors, IMO. He followed a lot of the normal Bachelor behavior, but he also routinely collectively called his contestants women (instead of girls like pretty much every other Bachelor), he was very quick to let someone go when he knew she wasn't who he wanted (instead of letting them on our waiting for rose ceremonies), and he came off as more introspective than say, Ben or Juan Pablo.

He's probably overstayed his reality show run and maybe there was something I didn't see from one of his other Bachelor-verse appearances, but based on his Bachelor run I wouldn't characterize him as vile or mean. Other things, sure, but Mostly I'm confused about how he incurred Shatner's wrath. There are definitely many more awful people to come from the Bachelor-verse.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2016 at 2:28 PM, RedFiat said:

deleted old post 

March 27 on DWTS 

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-DANCING-WITH-THE-STARS-on-ABC-Monday-March-27-2017-20170322

Scoop: DANCING WITH THE STARS on ABC - Monday, March 27, 2017

News Desk Mar. 22, 2017  

After showcasing their first dances on last week’s exciting season premiere, the celebrities get another chance to impress the judges with a new style of dance, all the while knowing that one of them is going home at the end of the night, based on scores and votes from last Monday, on “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, MARCH 27 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network. Each couple will perform a cha cha, Viennese waltz, paso doblé, foxtrot or jive, vying for America’s vote. 

Each Couple Will Dance to the Following Songs (in alphabetical order):

Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Cha Cha – “Burnin’ Up” by Jessie J featuring 2 Chainz

Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Viennese Waltz – “Unlove You” by Jennifer Nettles

Charo & Keo Motsepe – Paso Doblé – “España Cani” by Charo

Erika Jayne & Gleb Savchenko – Foxtrot – “Bad Intentions” by Niykee Heaton

Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Viennese Waltz – “Suffer” by Charlie Puth

Chris Kattan & Witney Carson – Jive – “Hey Ya!” by OutKast

Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – Cha Cha – “No Rights No Wrongs” by Jess Glynne

Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Cha Cha – “Give Me Your Love” by Sigala featuring John Newman and Nile Rodgers

Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Jive – “Grown” by Little Mix

Mr. T & Kym Herjavec – Paso Doblé – “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor

David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Cha Cha – “Bust a Move” by Young MC

Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – Foxtrot – “Love Me Now” by John Legend

Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough. 

For week two, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at ABC.com at http://dwtsvote.abc.go.com/ and on Facebook athttp://bit.ly/2cdE4PL is open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT and closing at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday evenings.

“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Phil Heyes directs. “Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline.

58 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

Charo & Keo Motsepe – Paso Doblé – “España Cani” by Charo

Interesting that they're going with the song as played by Charo.  I wonder if they'll have a screen in the background of her doing one of her performances of Espana Cani.  Whatever else might be said of her, Charo is a great classical Spanish guitarist, studied under Segovia and twice named Best Flamenco Guitarist by Guitar World Magazine.  If the show has her playing the song either live in rehearsal footage, or on a background screen during the performance, it will probably serve to keep her in for at least another week or two.  I just wished she'd tone down her roll.  I was hoping she might get something like the Viennese Waltz so she might be forced to quiet herself.  At her age (probably 70+), her shtick comes across as totally Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"

• Love 4
6 hours ago, vibeology said:

I know he's being very petty but I have to say the fact that William Shatner loves Reality TV and proudly tweets about it makes me smile. Especially because things like the Bachelor and DWTS tend to be geared to women so his pride about it is extra-awesome.

Me too!  I'm a Shatner fan, and imagining 86-year-old Shatner sitting at home watching The Batchelor and DWTS, creating hashtags and starting a twitter storm, is cracking me up. 

• Love 3

Dances for Monday week 3

http://www.justjaredjr.com/tags/dancing-with-the-stars/

Vegas night is going to be wild on Dancing With The Stars next week!

The remaining 12 couples will dance to iconic songs from hit Las Vegas shows, including “Magic Mike,” “Absinthe” and “BAZ – Star Crossed Love.”

Judge Julianne Hough and former pro Derek Hough will also hit the dance floor, giving a preview of their new Move Beyond tour, which kicks off next month.

Each couple will perform a quickstep, Charleston, foxtrot, jive, samba, tango or jazz.

Check out the Dancing With The Stars Week 3 Songs & Dances below!

Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Quickstep – “Viva Las Vegas” by Elvis Presley
Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Charleston – “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody” by Fergie and GoonRock and Q-Tip
Charo & Keo Motsepe – Foxtrot – “Chapel of Love” by The Dixie Cups
Erika Jayne & Gleb Savchenko – Jive – “Take Me to Heaven” by Patina Miller & Debbie Kurup & Amy Booth-Steel
Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Samba – “Swalla” – Jason Derulo featuring Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign
Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – Samba – “Shake Your Bon-Bon” by Ricky Martin
Normani Kordei & Val Chmerkovskiy – Foxtrot – “Big Spender” by Shirley Bassey
Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Tango – “Toxic” by Britney Spears
Mr. T & Kym Herjavec – Foxtrot – “Ain’t That a Kick in the Head” by Robbie Williams
David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Jazz – “Candy Shop” by 50 Cent
Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – Tango – “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga

This is at least the third time they've used Toxic on the show. Melissa Rycroft used it for Guilty Pleasures week in All Stars, and of course the Mark/Val dance duel that is my all time favorite pro number. Pretty sure I've seen a few of these songs before, actually.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, majormama said:

This is at least the third time they've used Toxic on the show. Melissa Rycroft used it for Guilty Pleasures week in All Stars, and of course the Mark/Val dance duel that is my all time favorite pro number. Pretty sure I've seen a few of these songs before, actually.

I love that pro dance too.

They were going to give Heather a Britney song at some point, so I'm not surprised it was this one. She's recorded and danced to Toxic two different times for Glee.

Oh, I forgot Rumer's freestyle. I knew there was another Toxic in there.

ETA: I've totally fallen down the YouTube rabbit hole with this. Remember back in the day when they did group dances? They were a giant hot mess of terrible awesome.

Edited by majormama
6 hours ago, RedFiat said:

Judge Julianne Hough and former pro Derek Hough will also hit the dance floor, giving a preview of their new Move Beyond tour, which kicks off next month.

Oh good, we're going to get some actual dancing on the show! Like or dislike the Hough siblings, you can't argue they're not dancers...

I used to think the two-night format, with the ensuing need for masses of filler on the "results" night, was verging on the ridiculous, but I find I do miss the segments of actual professional dancing that were part of that filler. (The performances by whatever singer was available that week, on the other hand, I do not miss one little bit - those were always my sandwich breaks, which explains why I am corpulent).

In the absence of anything more substantial in the way of dance programming, I more-or-less willingly endure story arcs, meaningless judging histrionics, backstage shenanigans, and (mostly) heartwarming efforts by non-dancers to learn a new skill. But the more real dancers, or near-real-dancers like the show's so-called "ringers" I can see, the more likely I am to keep tuning in. Because, otherwise, it might just as well be "Survivor" or some other fakey and bizarre non-reality reality show. Music and movement together, that's what it's about for me.

The fast forward button helps too. I won't be using it for the Hough sibs.

Edited by surreysmum
because "earn" and "learn" are not the same word
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, majormama said:

Make that the fourth time. Jonathan Roberts and Rachel Hunter did their tango to "Toxic" waaaaaaay back on Season 1!

1 hour ago, Catgyrl said:

Make that the fourth time. Jonathan Roberts and Rachel Hunter did their tango to "Toxic" waaaaaaay back on Season 1!

Didn't Val and Rumer use it for their freestyle?

45 minutes ago, gohawks said:

Didn't Val and Rumer use it for their freestyle?

Yup. They used it and Rumer sung it. This show is really running out of music to use. It's got to be rights issues and I'm sure some songs cost a lot of money so it's probably easier to just reuse. The problem is like everyone else I'm always reminded of when the song was used before.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I wonder if they're going to use the Glee version of that song. 

Probably. But there are 2 versions that  Glee did. One with the whole cast and one Heather did with Dianna Agron and Naya Rivera. 

57 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Just read on the E! website that Charo is threatening to quit because of low scores. GMAFB Charo. Nothing would make us happier than for you to make good on your threat!

They talked about this on enews as well, and then the reporters were like it's probably not true and also that Charo is so funny and they hope she stays and I was like "what?"

• Love 1

Wasn't sure where to put this.....

Tomorrow's songs (most memorable year)....

Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – Viennese Waltz – “Good Good Father” by Chris Tomlin
Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – Foxtrot – “Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé
Erika Jayne & Gleb Savchenko – Cha Cha – “Express Yourself” by Madonna
Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – Contemporary – “Unconditionally” by Katy Perry
Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – Foxtrot – “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Rumba – “Impossible” by Shontelle
Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Cha Cha – “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon
Mr. T & Kym Herjavec – Waltz – “Amazing Grace” by Ray Chew Live
David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – Viennese Waltz – “Forever Young” by Youth Group
Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – Rumba – “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran

I knew Nick was dancing to an Ed Sheeran song. I was hoping it was "Perfect". That really would have been the perfect song, for a dance dedicated to Vanessa.
"My Wish" makes me cry every time. 

There's a horrified-yet-possibly-fascinated part of me wondering if I'm going to have to watch Gleb and Erika do an over-the-top sexy cha cha to a butchered version of Madonna's song. This brings to mind terms like "wrong reason viewing," "train wreck," and "eye bleach."

I'm not proud of that part of me, mind you. I'm just admitting it exists.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2017 at 0:40 AM, simplyme said:

There's a horrified-yet-possibly-fascinated part of me wondering if I'm going to have to watch Gleb and Erika do an over-the-top sexy cha cha to a butchered version of Madonna's song. This brings to mind terms like "wrong reason viewing," "train wreck," and "eye bleach."

I'm not proud of that part of me, mind you. I'm just admitting it exists.

simplyme, you should predict horse races or lottery tickets! You absolutely nailed it! What could have been a cool, techno dance was simply more of the same sleaze we've come to expect from Gleb and now from Erika...

Speaking of overused songs, how many times have we heard Shut Up and Dance with Me? Like 16 or 17? Group dances & opening numbers especially. 

I LOL'd at Good Good Father...they sing it at my church sometimes and I loathe it. I don't like when songs hold the "r" sound out over more than one note. (As someone tweeted last Father's Day: The odds that your church sang "Good Good Father" today - 100%). But Simone dancing to it was lovely. Somehow her story redeemed it (I still hope to never sing it in church again lol).