Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

THE BEST NEWS!!!  Now I'll watch the show again.  I could not watch during Tyra's era -- tried and just had to turn it off.  She was so bad in so many ways.  Tyra ruined a show I had enjoyed for so long -- great decision DWTS!!

• Like 5

Yeah!!! No more Tyra!!!🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
Now, talk Tom into coming back to co-host with Carlton!

Update upon hearing the News of new Co-Host - Oh well, I would have preferred Tom but at least Julianne Hough is a ballroom dancer and not an ex-model using the show to parade endless hideous gowns. I think she and Alphonso will make a good team. And at least the hosting role will keep Julianne off the judges' table!

ZIb4.gif

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Critical Question: Who will they get to replace Len?

According to twitter DWTS group, they're just keeping 3 judges. 

At least, Julianne has been part of the show. After Tyra, nobody seems that bad. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

UPDATED: ...... Alfonso Ribeiro has been upped to emcee of the franchise in its 32nd season.
Hough will assume Ribeiro’s previous role on DWTS, which is to interview the dancers after their performances in the Celebraquarium, or Sky Box.

This makes sense. I didn't think Alfonso was very comfortable with Tyra and his efforts at banter seemed to suffer. These changes should be a big improvement. With Julianne's knowledge of ballroom, she should do very well at interviewing the cast in the skybox.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

According to twitter DWTS group, they're just keeping 3 judges. 

With only 3 judges, they will have extra time to fill.
I'd love to see more demonstrations from the troupe on the proper dance forms. I enjoyed those sequences last season that Derek hosted.
More dances from all the professionals would be nice as well as more backstage and practice footage from the couples. 

AND they can allow for more time spent on the Halloween team dances which were pretty bad last year compared to other seasons!!!

lizarddress.jpg.2c396051e5ddaace2a6576a57efe8808.jpg

10 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

At least, Julianne has been part of the show. After Tyra, nobody seems that bad. 

LOL! Yes, absolutely nothing could be worse than Tyra - especially Tyra impersonating a reptile.🤣

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 6

Tyra will be regarded as the worst host ever. Good riddens  As for Julianne she should be an improvement given her background but she does get a little nutty and not on a good way. 
I really hope Mark gets more work in choreography on this show. That is his strength and it’s really special to watch. He is as talented as Derek possibly even better in some pieces and good creative choreography is something a lot of pros lack. It can’t just always be the Derek show. With fresh choreo ballroom could go next level. 

Edited by White Dog
  • Like 1
(edited)

I haven't been keeping up for ages, but this really is great news - but I'd rather have Cheryl than Julianne upstairs. (or is the celebuquarium still upstairs?)

I know I don't deserve being paid attention to when I've checked out for so long - but if anybody's willing to answer, can I ask if Emma and Sasha really did break up? And if there's any other gossip I've missed (I did read somewhere that Mark isn't coming back as a dancer - weird that he briefly reappeared after so long away.)

Anyway, roll on Primetimer - I thought I'd lost you !!

Edited by Morrigan
misspelling
43 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

I haven't been keeping up for ages, but this really is great news - but I'd rather have Cheryl than Julianne upstairs. (or is the celebuquarium still upstairs?)

I know I don't deserve being paid attention to when I've checked out for so long - but if anybody's willing to answer, can I ask if Emma and Sasha really did break up? And if there's any other gossip I've missed (I did read somewhere that Mark isn't coming back as a dancer - weird that he briefly reappeared after so long away.)

Anyway, roll on Primetimer - I thought I'd lost you !!

Yup, Emma and Sasha filed for divorce.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks! I liked your post not because I'm happy about the news but because I appreciate your answering.

Years ago they split up - it was right after Artem came back to DWTS after working on Strictly Come Dancing for a few years. I don't know if it's related but I remember being curious about the timing. But then they got back together... and now this. Oh well, I hope they're still friends.

Aww, and Len made such a point of his retiring from the show to devote more time in his remaining years to his family. Hopefully, it was wonder, however short the time was.

eta: Just read the article. Man, truly fuck cancer. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Aww, and Len made such a point of his retiring from the show to devote more time in his remaining years to his family. Hopefully, it was wonder, however short the time was.

eta: Just read the article. Man, truly fuck cancer. 

When he announced that, I did wonder at the time if more was going on. I’ve seen a lot of celebrity/politician cases over the years where they’ve stepped back “to spend more time with family”, and it comes out not long after that they’ve been diagnosed with/passed away due to illness. I hope that Len was truly able to enjoy some quality time with them before the cancer became too much. Cancer is the worst.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

I hope you dance away in the dance halls of Heaven, sir. Thank you for the Len-isms and professionalism you brought to the ballroom. An abundance of tens for you, Len. 🔟🔟🔟 💔❤️

• Like 8
  • Love 7

Oh this makes me sad. I loved Len. He brought a professionalism to the show that has been lacking for a while now. I loved his crankiness and how he tried his best to keep those chuckleheads on either side of him in line. A round of 10s for you good sir. Thank you for many wonderful memories from that ballroom. 

I know he retired but I guess as long as he was with us he could maybe pop in via video and say hi but knowing he can’t hurts my heart a little. It felt like the end of an era when Tom was fired but with Len gone it feels like the end of DWTS to me.  

• Like 7
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Oh this makes me sad. I loved Len. He brought a professionalism to the show that has been lacking for a while now. I loved his crankiness and how he tried his best to keep those chuckleheads on either side of him in line. A round of 10s for you good sir. Thank you for many wonderful memories from that ballroom. 

I know he retired but I guess as long as he was with us he could maybe pop in via video and say hi but knowing he can’t hurts my heart a little. It felt like the end of an era when Tom was fired but with Len gone it feels like the end of DWTS to me.  

Totally agree with you. Len is one of my all-time favorite television personalities, along with Tom Bergeron. I knew Len had retired, but I hoped to see him on television again. He had such an elegance to him, the gorgeous accent, and he looked so darn handsome in his suits. I remember he could be more critical, but  when you got a 10 from him, it meant something. 

I feel the same way. I'm not the most religious DWTS watcher. So many shows, not enough time. But I have a special place in my heart for it because it inspired me to get into my passion-dancing. Len was an incredibly talented host, and I think he played a big role keeping Dancing with the Stars successful for so many years.

My heart goes out to his loved ones. I said this in another thread, but it's already so painful losing a loved one. It's even harder to say goodbye to someone so charismatic and fun like Len. RIP Mr. Goodman. You were one of a kind. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Oh I am so happy about this! I missed my DWTS evenings and getting excited over all of it. It was more than just a show, it was something to live for, for the season's time. Like a tentpole. 

I didn't panic when it went to Disney +, which I don't subscribe to. Stay calm, and things can work out!

• Like 2
On 5/13/2023 at 8:41 PM, anonymiss said:

I'm disappointed no more Disney+. That was having the show at my fingertips, no commercials, rewinding, fast forwarding, and rewatching as much as I want. 

I do the same with my DVR. DVR's are not for everyone--mine is old as dirt but still works. And personally, if I already have to keep paying close to $200 per month for cable (long story) I would rather not have to pile on a streaming service. So this works for me.

• Like 3
On 5/15/2023 at 7:24 PM, A.Ham said:

I do the same with my DVR. DVR's are not for everyone--mine is old as dirt but still works. And personally, if I already have to keep paying close to $200 per month for cable (long story) I would rather not have to pile on a streaming service. So this works for me.

I heard the show will be siimultaneously on Disney + and ABC. So you will have your option!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I got this off another messageboard so I'd call these rumors, but thought I'd bring them over to help get the party started for 2023:

Confirmed "stars":

Ariana Madix from Vanderpump Rules

Charity Lawson from The Bachelorette

Mira Sorvino is rumored. If she's on, DL will have a field day with her.

Confirmed pro dancers:

Val Chmerkovskiy

Jenna Johnson

Peta Heavens to Murgatroyd

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I got this off another messageboard so I'd call these rumors, but thought I'd bring them over to help get the party started for 2023:

Confirmed "stars":

Ariana Madix from Vanderpump Rules

Charity Lawson from The Bachelorette

Mira Sorvino is rumored. If she's on, DL will have a field day with her.

Confirmed pro dancers:

Val Chmerkovskiy

Jenna Johnson

Peta Heavens to Murgatroyd

Mira Sorvine has wanted to go on the show for years but her management talked her out of it.   Supposedly she is quite good.  

• Like 1

Derrick Hough & his long-time fiancee, Hayley, got married last weekend...the photos are in PEOPLE magazine...it looks beautiful...set in a forest in Northern California.  Lots of DWTS folks there,  Mark Ballas was his Best man, a lot of Derrick's partners were there.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

According to Kristyn Burtt, the pros for Season 32 are:

Females -

Spoiler

Emma, Jenna, Peta, Koko, Britt, Daniella, and Rylee Arnold (Lyndsey's sister-she came in second place with her partner on DWTS Juniors a few years back)

Males -

Spoiler

Gleb, Sasha, Brandon, Alan, Artem, and Val

And yes it's an uneven number. Apparently, we have more male celebs this season than females.

Mira Sorvino's partner is rumored to be

Spoiler

Gleb

• Useful 1