Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 11/28/2018 at 9:49 AM, TexasBorn said:

I don't buy into the Camelot mythology that she deemed to have created.

Oh heck noooooo!  When Theodore White interviewed Jackie for a Life article after JFK's death, she insisted on editorial control over it (which she was given because...Jackie Kennedy) and was not shy about adding things to her agenda.  Even the famous like at the end of the story, "“for one brief shining moment there was Camelot", was her handiwork.  And, no, you're right not to buy into it.  Nothing against the Kennedy family but, you know, facts and all.

2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

She also went to Standford which is a big deal on the West Coast. She is also a job creator which in these times much more important than restoring the White House. IMO.  If JO was first lady today she wou!d be scrutinized on a Melania level.

Stanford is a big deal everywhere!  She's definitely no dummy.

• Love 3
On 11/28/2018 at 10:17 AM, UnicornKicks said:

TGina is more like a confident person not afraid to broadcast her skills, but she will help otehr people and is not rude to put others down or try to be Queen B like Jenna, Cersten, Erica, etc.

Cersten!  That's a name I haven't heard in awhile.  I wonder how she's doing in her little third world medical school? 

• Love 5

I don’t quite see the comparison between Jackie O and Charlotte - two totally different eras. Who knows if Charlotte would be an executive in her father’s company had she been born in the 20s. 

Jackie O only came up bc a DCC (Gina, I think) said she would be the person who she would pick to have dinner with. It makes total sense that a DCC wouldn’t say Charlotte since they’re around her quite a bit. Personally, Jackie O wouldn’t be my choice of anyone in the world, living or dead, to have dinner with, but if I had the choice between Charlotte or Jackie O, it would be Jackie O, and that would be like the easiest decision I’ve ever made. Charity worker or not, she’s an icon of history. Charlotte is well.....not, which most people aren’t, so nothing against her personally.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t quite see the comparison between Jackie O and Charlotte - two totally different eras. Who knows if Charlotte would be an executive in her father’s company had she been born in the 20s. 

Jackie O only came up bc a DCC (Gina, I think) said she would be the person who she would pick to have dinner with. It makes total sense that a DCC wouldn’t say Charlotte since they’re around her quite a bit. Personally, Jackie O wouldn’t be my choice of anyone in the world, living or dead, to have dinner with, but if I had the choice between Charlotte or Jackie O, it would be Jackie O, and that would be like the easiest decision I’ve ever made. Charity worker or not, she’s an icon of history. Charlotte is well.....not, which most people aren’t, so nothing against her personally.

I wasn't comparing them. I was just not buying into JO as being an icon and was surprised that Gina would buy into JO's vapid upper crust persona. Oh wait ... And knowing how much people despise CAJ, I wanted to point out that even she has done more for the common folk than JO.

And I really am done talking about this. I'm trying to avoid getting crucified my the mods for going off topic.

Edited by TexasBorn
On 11/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, TexasBorn said:

The competitive dance world fascinates me. Without causing a riff among posters, what is the difference between Cali, NY, and TX competitive dance and training? And what's the end game?

Here is my impression.  Cali is more commercial - hip hop and sexy jazz choreography - like the type of dancing you’d see in a music video or back up dancer in a concert, New York is more classical training - broadway type of dancing - the type in a broadway show and also a ballet/technique focus where proper placement is more important than flash or performance.  California has a bigger competitive dance scene - like the StarX competitions seen on dance moms, where in NY that stuff is not so big and is a little frowned upon.  Those dancers are doing auditions and workshops/intensives while young and training more than competing.

I’ve never really got the impression that Texas was a hot spot for competitive dance - I just don’t hear about them as much as a place to go compete for steep competition in dance.   Places I hear of, some I’ve been to, for strong competition are Southern California and Florida (Miami, Orlando) - the Virginia/Washington DC area and Michigan have really good dancers too.  Vegas has strong dancers, but I think a lot them go to the California comps - and sometimes California dancers go there.

• Love 2
On 28/11/2018 at 3:50 PM, Newmanbritt said:

Always looks like she's having the best time! I'm glad she's got better hair color now and seems to have thinned out a bit since this was taken, she'll be great in that spot in a few years, assuming she sticks around. I don't believe she should get it over more seasoned vets.. A point should be someone the team can look to as a leader, in my opinion, in all aspects (dance, personality, being a team-player). 

Seeing its not likely for her to be a leader in her second year, I still push for lexie for point! Or Khalyn if she doesn't retire! Both are strong and seem to be well-liked among their teammates. Maybe Jinelle will get it if these girls continue missing the games LOL

#JinelleForPoint

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

#JinelleForPoint

What was the furthest Jinelle ever was up in the triangle all the years she was on the squad?  No way they are going to make her point now.  She’s not a strong dancer and isn’t photogenic at all.

How did Jinelle suddenly become so massively overrated?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Personally, Jackie O wouldn’t be my choice of anyone in the world, living or dead, to have dinner with, but if I had the choice between Charlotte or Jackie O, it would be Jackie O, and that would be like the easiest decision I’ve ever made.

I burst out laughing. This is the best, spot on, shadiest (in the best way possible) quote. Love it. 😂

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

What was the furthest Jinelle ever was up in the triangle all the years she was on the squad?  No way they are going to make her point now.  She’s not a strong dancer and isn’t photogenic at all.

How did Jinelle suddenly become so massively overrated?

I was joking seeing as she’s not actually on the squad. I whole heartedly disagree with you there. She’s not a stereotypical beauty but she is stunning. She’s a little older than most of the squad but I think she is photogenic. She improved during her time on the squad as a performer and was on show group for most of her tenure. She’s my fave DCC because she’s non-US. Jinelle just seems like an all-round girls’ girl, someone you could be good friends with! 

• Love 16

Off topic, but I want to have dinner with Chrissy Teigen.  Except I don't think I would be able to eat anything cause I would be laughing so hard.

It's game day and Michelle K's wedding is this weekend - sure to be lots of pics of alumni.  Wonder if her wedding is early enough for current DCC to attend.  They are going to be tired with the game tonight and Christmas at The Star Friday and Saturday.  I think next weekend it's The Star Fri and Sat and a game on Sunday.  Anyone else need a nap:/

• Love 5

Anyone with instagram please go check dcc insta. In the first vid they uploaded Kashara is on fire. I don’t think anyone can see this and say she’s not a strong performer.

Just to give my 2 cents, there’s no point in comparing women from different eras. As for Charlotte herself, I’m not entirely impressed because none of the heir or heiresses end up in shitty schools. They all happen to be geniuses who get into ivy leagues and top schools. I’m not convinced that she would have gotten into Stanford or a top position had she been Charlotte Nobody.p

• Love 5

Are they doing something different with All Stars this year?  Haven't seen any locker room shots of them.  Saw a group shot at the beginning of the season and that was it.  Are they visiting suites?  Are they even at the stadium?

4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I wasn't comparing them. I was just not buying into JO as being an icon and was surprised that Gina would buy into JO's vapid upper crust persona.

Representing only my own opinion, I don't see anything wrong with Gina stating JO as an icon she would want to meet. There are plenty worse options, like a Kardashian or Paris Hilton or BEIBER! (none of those are iconic imho, but I am sure someone out there thinks otherwise)

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Are they doing something different with All Stars this year?  Haven't seen any locker room shots of them.  Saw a group shot at the beginning of the season and that was it.  Are they visiting suites?  Are they even at the stadium?

No clue.  Jessika is still on the team, so maybe Jinelle is visiting suites?  Hopefully no one is injured.

8 minutes ago, Monique said:

It looks like she is filling in for Khalyn as seen on Instagram as she seen with Kash's group

That's it.  Thanks for solving the mystery.  Jinelle seems to have more lives than a cat!

ETA:  Wait - Just saw Khalyn dancing in their pre-game rehearsal of Thunderstruck.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

That's it.  Thanks for solving the mystery.  Jinelle seems to have more lives than a cat!

ETA:  Wait - Just saw Khalyn dancing in their pre-game rehearsal of Thunderstruck.

I saw that too maybe she can't stay the whole game? Actually, Jinelle was in the triangle doing thunderstruck so someone else must be out. I want to say it's Lauren because I noticed that during the Christmas spectacular she would exit when setting up for the kickline. 

Edited by Monique
  • Love 1

Is it just me or does it look like the blonde on the right (I think she is like the 10th from the center) has really low kicks.   Does anyone know who that is?   

Edited by Synspice
fix bad grammar
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Synspice said:

Is it just me or does it look like the blonde on the right (I think she is like the 10th from the center) has really low kicks.   Does anyone know who that is?   

Yes, I see who you are talking about. Not sure who that is though. Looks like maybe Maddie is next to her?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Monique said:

I saw that too maybe she can't stay the whole game? Actually, Jinelle was in the triangle doing thunderstruck so someone else must be out. I want to say it's Lauren because I noticed that during the Christmas spectacular she would exit when setting up for the kickline. 

Don't think it's Lauren.  She's in the videos being posted on IG and Twitter showing the kick line.  Unless I'm blind.  Entirely possible.

Edited by go4luca
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Anyone with instagram please go check dcc insta. In the first vid they uploaded Kashara is on fire. I don’t think anyone can see this and say she’s not a strong performer.

Just to give my 2 cents, there’s no point in comparing women from different eras. As for Charlotte herself, I’m not entirely impressed because none of the heir or heiresses end up in shitty schools. They all happen to be geniuses who get into ivy leagues and top schools. I’m not convinced that she would have gotten into Stanford or a top position had she been Charlotte Nobody.p

Not a huge Kashara fan but have to admit I was impressed.  I see why she's point.

And I also agree about charlotte ;)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Synspice said:

Hi guys!! Long time lurker first time poster-I think that’s Kashara. As much as I LOVE her, if it’s her, her kicks are pretty pathetic. Also a few things as a first time poster:

1. Lacey for Pro Bowl!

2. There will be no better point than Kashara for next year

3. As a trained dancer, people like Gina drive me crazy. You’re a team, dance like you’re on one and don’t show off. She’s too much of a try-hard.

4. If Khalyn doesn’t retire, I’d love to see her at point with Gina, even though I’m not a fan, and Kelli at either side. 

5. LOVE Cianna!

6. Alexis is easily the prettiest girl on the squad it actually makes me angry lol

7. Erin is the definition of dedication.

8. So glad MTT is over. I could not stand she who should not be named. My mom actually cheered when she was cut!

9. I actually really like the light up costumes 

And one last thing...

10. BRIDGET FOR POINT

• Love 15
2 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Good grief...the girl on the left ...her rib cage looks like boobs at first glance.  

Yes it's going to look weird in that pose when everyone is that thin.  But if they had more fat on them, people would say they were "too big".  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yes, I see who you are talking about. Not sure who that is though. Looks like maybe Maddie is next to her?

Didn’t someone make a chart of the kick line too? Probably can figure it out from there. 

57 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

Not a huge Kashara fan but have to admit I was impressed.  I see why she's point.

And I also agree about charlotte ;)

Charlotte is actually pretty intelligent, yes she had money. The lady knows her stuff. She is the gears and the oil

Gina, isnt everyones cup of tea. However, she actually is the one to watch she makes everyone look like robots. She brings lifffffeeee to her dance. She loves what she does. The other girls could take that in and give us more. not the same old facial expressions "kashara".

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, knockknock said:

Hi guys!! Long time lurker first time poster-I think that’s Kashara. As much as I LOVE her, if it’s her, her kicks are pretty pathetic. Also a few things as a first time poster:

1. Lacey for Pro Bowl!

2. There will be no better point than Kashara for next year

3. As a trained dancer, people like Gina drive me crazy. You’re a team, dance like you’re on one and don’t show off. She’s too much of a try-hard.

4. If Khalyn doesn’t retire, I’d love to see her at point with Gina, even though I’m not a fan, and Kelli at either side. 

5. LOVE Cianna!

6. Alexis is easily the prettiest girl on the squad it actually makes me angry lol

7. Erin is the definition of dedication.

8. So glad MTT is over. I could not stand she who should not be named. My mom actually cheered when she was cut!

9. I actually really like the light up costumes 

And one last thing...

10. BRIDGET FOR POINT

Are you me? haha. I agree with everything!

• Love 6
On 11/23/2018 at 1:52 PM, TexasBorn said:

I’ve been watching since season 10. If I can’t put a name to a face then they need step up their PR game.

New list. DCC you forget is on the team. Jessika, Amber, Caroline, and still can’t tell Kelli/Lexi apart.

DCC I always forget on team:

Jessika, Caroline, Gabby, Ashlee, and Alanna

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Kashara is retiring after this season.

Oh I know! I’m just saying that they’ve got a huge role to fill next year. I’d put Kashara up there with one of the greatest points/DCCs of all time so its gonna be difficult to ever find anyone with that much pop. Unless it’s Bridget lol!

• Love 12
On 11/28/2018 at 9:18 PM, TexasBorn said:

They look like they are wearing tightie whities. 

Yes!! I think this often, especially in poses like this (this humping move is one of my least favorite of theirs). When their legs are out at all, these don't look like shorts but more like grannie panties. Honestly, if they were a tad longer they'd clearly be "short shorts" rather than oversized underwear. 

Edited by abracadabra
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2018 at 3:05 PM, TexasBorn said:

@ShellyB - Do the girls get to change their causes or do they have to keep the same one as last year?

Thanks! @go4luca

Good question. My focus has been on getting Dayton ready to leave for Australia, but I believe I heard in our meeting that the vets will remain the same...don’t hold me to that statement, I’ve been in another world. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

I mean you cant deny she looks like she is related to Holly here though

Maybe it’s just me but not seeing the Holly in Bridget at all.

Oh and I’ll take Kash’s facials over Gina’s any day. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Good question. My focus has been on getting Dayton ready to leave for Australia, but I believe I heard in our meeting that the vets will remain the same...don’t hold me to that statement, I’ve been in another world. 

@ShellyBGina and Tasha said on Twitter that they have changed their charity. But no worries, you get your baby ready.

15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Maybe it’s just me but not seeing the Holly in Bridget at all.

Oh and I’ll take Kash’s facials over Gina’s any da

NO ONE SEES IT!!!

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Not completely true. Explorer is one of the most sought after ships because of its destinations. It is also one of the few that have original shows to RCCL Dayton and one other male are the only two “rookies” in their cast. The next least tenured is on her 4th contract. Not all of the dancers in her cast are singing. They are all moving their mouths, she and two others are mic’d. They had no idea if she could carry a tune until she arrived for training, as she auditioned as a dancer in July. As for her “lead” position...no one said she was the Star, that’s how her contracts had her billed. She has a couple solo sections and a duo while the male singers are performing. I was quite impressed with the talent and choreo when I went and watched rehearsal two weeks ago. 

I'm so happy for Dayton!  I know she is going to have the time of her life...seeing the world...making friends from all walks of life...I have to say the "21 yr old" me would have loved to have done this !!! 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Based on the chart, it appears to be Kashara. 😮

IMG_1099.JPG

Wow!  So, the lady at point has bad kicks.  It's funny because I've watched the show from the very beginning and listened to Judy and Kelli scream about kicks every season.  I always felt like they went overboard with it.  But, It was so interesting how those low kicks really stood out to me among the other ones.

• Love 3