Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Who else even is there for point?

Lauren - gorgeous and great body, but I'm not sure if she's a powerhouse dancer.

Kelli - powerhouse, but also looks older and is a little short for point

Lexie - wedding is during interviews so 10/10 probably retiring

Alexis - has the look, but is also not the strongest dancer. She's pretty far back in the triangle for a second year which says her dance ability isn't the greatest

Miranda - possibly retiring and is not the strongest dancer

Khalyn would be a great choice, but I feel like she's probably retiring?

Maddie - if not retiring I would say they would probably put her up front considering her position in the triangle right now but she's probably retiring

Tasha - rumored retiring but also not a favorite for point

I'm not counting Jessika, Christina, Savannah, or Yuko cause those are obvious no's 

Molly - gorgeous girl, but blends

Rachel - struggles with weight, probably will retire this year if not then I don't see her moving that far up in the triangle either

Heather - gorgeous, might be retiring. I could see her in the triangle but not at point

Tess - blender

Amy L - retiring most likely? Not a powerhouse but possible to be in the triangle

They're not going to put a second year at point so all the rookies on show group this year are out of the running.

Right. I get that people don’t care for Gina, but really...who else is there? It’s possible that they could go to one of the current rookies, but of the two year girls, there aren’t a ton of “wow” dancers, IMO. I think that group is in the “good, but not necessarily great” category. if Gina’s looks are an issue, I don’t really think Kelli or Maddie trump her in that regard. Lauren could certainly be an option, but I could see her being outdanced by the other girls in the triangle.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I would also like to add that Kashara didn't have Gina's training, yet she gets picked for everything time after time. Being well trained does not mean you got what it takes to be a leader.

You know, it makes me wonder if DCC fans who are trained dancers have different favorites than those of us who don't know First Position from a plie.  I look at Gina and I look at Kashara and I couldn't tell you who is more technically proficient but my eye will go to Kashara every time because she just has.....something.....that makes me want to look at her.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

You know, it makes me wonder if DCC fans who are trained dancers have different favorites than those of us who don't know First Position from a plie.  I look at Gina and I look at Kashara and I couldn't tell you who is more technically proficient but my eye will go to Kashara every time because she just has.....something.....that makes me want to look at her.

I totally agree with this.  Some girls just know how to perform, and some know how to dance - not always the same thing.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Some of that is build as well though. I have a prominent rib cage that's visible even as a size 8/10, and I definitely do not need to eat any (additional) burgers. 

8-10 is a healthy size...I'm a 9-10 (most days LOL!!!) 

Is Maddie really gaining, though, or are we just seeing some unfortunate shots?  I mean, look at Kelli Q...she doesn't look "thick", but her stomach doesn't look particularly toned, and we all know that isn't true.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I totally agree with this.  Some girls just know how to perform, and some know how to dance - not always the same thing.

That’s definitely true.  I do actually think Gina is a great performer who catches your eye - if anything I think you could say she’s too extra (though I don’t really think so). I wasn’t a Gina fan until Oxnard this year, where I thought she outdanced everyone in front of her, including Lacey, Kashara, and Maddie. I can’t remeber her name but the redhead from several years ago who tore her ACL (Rachel?, Lauren?) was an example of someone who seemed to be a very strong dancer but never caught my eye - ever- in a performance. 

• Love 4

After the MT Thanksgiving performance, I'm completely adverse to all things Gina. She is too GD EXTRA.

So when she is point she will get to do extra hair flips, extra hard stomping, and deeper gyrations while the rest of the DCCs will just be her back up dancers?

I thought DCC was a "precision based" style.

F the synchronized dancing?

• Love 5
On 11/25/2018 at 2:11 PM, PhilForPoint said:

Loooong time lurker.  Honestly this kind of over enthusiastic display reminds me of Kashara “stepping it up” last year. I suspect it will be received similarly 

Kashara is always trying to get everyone to join her, while Gina is off doing her own thing. That’s a big difference. Of course some people don’t like Kash at point either, but I think most people just don’t like how she got everything seemingly out of the blue,no one had an issue with her bubbly personality before.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Because "DCC thin" is a ridiculous standard that very few can achieve & maintain in a healthy manner. I would love to look "huge thick in the middle" like she supposedly does.

Word. When the in-uniform pic was originally posted (with little comment) I was looking for like a period stain or something ;-), couldNOT figure out what was going on!! 

I mean, obviously we have here the “lets give a little on unattainable body image” camp, and the “everyone should always and forever be held to the nearly unattainable goal” camp, but I am surprised anyone thinks she is “huge”!

2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kashara is always trying to get everyone to join her, while Gina is off doing her own thing. That’s a big difference. Of course some people don’t like Kash at point either, but I think most people just don’t like how she got everything seemingly out of the blue,no one had an issue with her bubbly personality before.

This.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I thought that was strange too. Although it's not Kash's fault, I felt that Jinelle and Lacey deserved equal share of the prizes that season. I also think that K & C are paying Jinelle back with a job and making this season all about Lacey.

• Love 6

I know some here aren't Kashara fans but everything I've seen of her performances, BTS insta stories, the show, et al, shows me a hard worker who also appears to be a lot of fun to hang out with.  Great for team morale, leadership & relatability.  As far as I'm concerned, Kash is going to be greatly missed and a tough act to follow. 

• Love 24
52 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

After the MT Thanksgiving performance, I'm completely adverse to all things Gina. She is too GD EXTRA.

So when she is point she will get to do extra hair flips, extra hard stomping, and deeper gyrations while the rest of the DCCs will just be her back up dancers?

I thought DCC was a "precision based" style.

F the synchronized dancing?

Nicole was more "extra" than anyone around her, and most people thought/think she was great.

As a former dancer, I really like to watch Gina because she is a great dancer and she looks like she's having fun doing it!

DCC has never been "synchronized dancing"...  check out some of the college dance teams on youtube (Univ of Minnesota is a good one) if you want to see synchronized dancing!!

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 7

Lauren made show group her rookie year, yes? So I don’t think she should be outdanced by any other potential point, other than maybe Gina. Who also made show group rookie year IIRC. 

I feel like Lauren gets dinged a bit for her look, tho I think she has a gorgeous face. Kelli doesn’t always seem to be a fan of six pack abs versus just toned abs. I find her pretty enough to offset a harder overall look that Stephanie and Kelly Q had/have going on, but who knows? 

• Love 3

Thank you ALL for the input.

I guess for me it comes down to a vibe.

Kash has that down-home join the dance party vibe while Gina is more like look at me I freakin' SLAY.

I personally enjoy watching the latter.

Done.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 6

In regards to the comments about Jinelle, IIRC, Judy said on twitter that Jinelle was 'helping' with the xmas costumes not designing them. Also, with VK, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. With the cameos, she was helping Judy out when Kelli had to leave the shoot unexpectedly. I did incorrectly state that she was helping choose them, but we all know that ultimately K&J have the final say. JMO.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I know some here aren't Kashara fans but everything I've seen of her performances, BTS insta stories, the show, et al, shows me a hard worker who also appears to be a lot of fun to hang out with.  Great for team morale, leadership & relatability.  As far as I'm concerned, Kash is going to be greatly missed and a tough act to follow. 

True that.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think barring something crazy, Gina will probably be point next year. She got game day girl, which is a huge deal and seems to be well loved by her teammates. There's been a few points who haven't had "the look." I never thought Kash would be point, but here we are.

Gina is a strong dancer but doesn’t have the face for point.  Kash isn’t as strong a dancer but is freaking drop dead gorgeous.  Go figure.

B491781A-C66D-471F-9E93-DEE1F7ADC497.jpeg

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Has anyone else seen Abigail on TV in the Taco Bell commercial?

which one   - the commercial where the guy is bringing 12 tacos in a box to a party?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

Lexie is so beautiful and a great dancer. I would love to see her at point if she auditions again next year

Heard she changed the wedding date in order to try out!  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, sATL said:

which one   - the commercial where the guy is bringing 12 tacos in a box to a party?

The rolled chicken tacos.  She’s asking her BF to take a pic while she’s doing heart hands!  TAKE THE PICTURE!!!

• Love 3

First, let me just say how glad I am people have seemed to move on from VK and onto the very important topic of who is going to be point next year, which brings me to my second part.... 

Who exactly is ACTUALLY retiring? Like, I know people like to speculate but is there a list of who is staying and who is going? I would probably put Gina at front for my guess, but I would not be so comfortable if I knew Lauren and Alexis were staying. Or Heather O for that matter...

Edited by Lona
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Lona said:

First, let me just say how glad I am people have seemed to move on from VK and onto the very important topic of who is going to be point next year, which brings me to my second part.... 

Who exactly is ACTUALLY retiring? Like, I know people like to speculate but is there a list of who is staying and who is going? I would probably put Gina at front for my guess, but I would not be so comfortable if I knew Lauren and Alexis were staying. Or Heather O for that matter...

YES! 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Lexie has changed her wedding date, according to her wedding website, to May 17th :)

Hopefully that means she is re auditioning or maybe she changed it due to her dcc bridesmaids re auditioning 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Lexie has changed her wedding date, according to her wedding website, to May 17th :)

Now that's dedication. Glad there was another date available. I guess that's one benefit of a Friday wedding beyond price- may be somewhat inconvenient for guests but no issue with finding availability in a venue or with vendors. 

I could definitely see Lexie as point assuming she returns. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 4

Does anyone know, of the second years, who is closest to the front of the triangle other than Gina who is on the 3rd row? Going based off of power I think point would go to Gina and second after that Lexie and Heather. I think Maddie will stay in the triangle but not be point as she would be out shined. 

Edited by Monique
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Monique said:

Does anyone know, of the second years, who is closest to the front of the triangle other than Gina who is on the 3rd row? Going based off of power I think point would go to Gina and second after that Lexie and Heather. I think Maddie will stay in the triangle but not be point as she would be out shined. 

According to this, (which someone graciously made in the now locked training camp group) it is Lexie, then Lauren.

1ABD3E3B-275A-4988-B498-E7F3EA1F66EC.jpeg

10 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Who else even is there for point?

Lauren - gorgeous and great body, but I'm not sure if she's a powerhouse dancer.

Kelli - powerhouse, but also looks older and is a little short for point

Lexie - wedding is during interviews so 10/10 probably retiring

Alexis - has the look, but is also not the strongest dancer. She's pretty far back in the triangle for a second year which says her dance ability isn't the greatest

Miranda - possibly retiring and is not the strongest dancer

Khalyn would be a great choice, but I feel like she's probably retiring?

Maddie - if not retiring I would say they would probably put her up front considering her position in the triangle right now but she's probably retiring

Tasha - rumored retiring but also not a favorite for point

I'm not counting Jessika, Christina, Savannah, or Yuko cause those are obvious no's 

Molly - gorgeous girl, but blends

Rachel - struggles with weight, probably will retire this year if not then I don't see her moving that far up in the triangle either

Heather - gorgeous, might be retiring. I could see her in the triangle but not at point

Tess - blender

Amy L - retiring most likely? Not a powerhouse but possible to be in the triangle

They're not going to put a second year at point so all the rookies on show group this year are out of the running.

Ugh..this is a bit of a bummer.  I really do not want to see Gina at point.  She does not seem a genuine team player.  The only choice from the list above is Lauren and Lexie.  If I were in charge, I would pick Bridget.  She is also getting married next year, May 18.  Is that during tryouts?  I would hate to see her retire after this year.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, J-R said:

Ugh..this is a bit of a bummer.  I really do not want to see Gina at point.  She does not seem a genuine team player.  The only choice from the list above is Lauren and Lexie.  If I were in charge, I would pick Bridget.  She is also getting married next year, May 18.  Is that during tryouts?  I would hate to see her retire after this year.

The 18th is prelims so vets by pass that round 

• Love 2

Khalyn Is probably getting into the triangle next season, Maddie is probs getting point :(, and gina as the third point..

unless a rookie of this season just pops off and judy is like yaassss your hair flips are just on point material or no?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Hopefully that means she is re auditioning or maybe she changed it due to her dcc bridesmaids re auditioning 

Just out of curiosity - has there been a former or present DCC that stayed single until age 30+ ? or never married ? Just seems like they get married kinda on the quick side...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, sATL said:

Just out of curiosity - has there been a former or present DCC that stayed single until age 30+ ? or never married ? Just seems like they get married kinda on the quick side...

How old was Angela when she got married?  How old is Jinelle?

Edited by Tootie
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

Is Maddie really gaining, though, or are we just seeing some unfortunate shots?  I mean, look at Kelli Q...she doesn't look "thick", but her stomach doesn't look particularly toned, and we all know that isn't true.

Maddie is definitely gaining.   She started to get a little thicker last season, and this season she got noticeably thicker.  You could see it almost every time she was shown on screen in her TC outfit on the show - and especially during slow mos of her dancing - she’d often have rolls hanging out.  It’s not just unfortunate photos.

5 hours ago, Jennv said:

Has anyone else seen Abigail on TV in the Taco Bell commercial?

Yeah - I’ve been seeing it a lot.  She looks really pretty as always.  The “character” she’s playing is phony bitch though - haha...

• Love 2

I'm sorry to say both Lexie and Kelli kinda blend for me. I will have to watch a video of their dancing to see what I think, maybe they are just victims of not getting enough screen time on MTT... I want to get to know everyone (not just Lacey, she seems sweet, but come on let's show some other vets)

Edited to add:  Why isn't Tasha a favorite for point? Dancing skills?  She seems kinda quintessential DCC in terms of personality to me

Edited by pisces125
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

I'm sorry to say both Lexie and Kelli kinda blend for me. I will have to watch a video of their dancing to see what I think, maybe they are just victims of not getting enough screen time on MTT... I want to get to know everyone (not just Lacey, she seems sweet, but come on let's show some other vets)

Edited to add:  Why isn't Tasha a favorite for point? Dancing skills?  She seems kinda quintessential DCC in terms of personality to me

Rumor has it she is retiring.  This is her 9th year with a pro cheerleader squad, so she may be ready to move on.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

How old was Angela when she got married?  How old is Jinelle?

I think Angela was just shy of 30 and Jinelle is in her 30's now and still single apparently. JInelle had a boyfriend when she first auditioned but on the podcast they do, she mentioned that she was single.

I just rewatched season 13 now that I know when to fast forward (all VK 's parts and Tara's heartbreaking cut) and I really like this new team. Every rookie is so well spoken,  mature, and well rounded.

When I started watching at season 10, I initially thought that most of the vets were either burnt out bitter old queens or thirsty jersy chasers who live in a fish bowl. But this new crop of ladies are IMPRESSIVE.

I guess with chaos comes clarity and it all worked itself out.

• Love 3

I don’t think any of the current vets really rate being point.  Maybe Gina dance-wise, but her facials are bad and she’s not photogenic while dancing.   It really wouldn’t surprise me if they went with one of this year’s rookies - maybe Bridget or Rachel?  Not sure how photogenic Bridget is, but I assume she’s good cause her footage on the show always looked good. 

• Love 4