Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, pisces125 said:

I'm sorry to say both Lexie and Kelli kinda blend for me. I will have to watch a video of their dancing to see what I think, maybe they are just victims of not getting enough screen time on MTT... I want to get to know everyone (not just Lacey, she seems sweet, but come on let's show some other vets)

Edited to add:  Why isn't Tasha a favorite for point? Dancing skills?  She seems kinda quintessential DCC in terms of personality to me

Retiring but yes, Tasha in triange would be great. 

3 hours ago, viccib said:

I think Angela was just shy of 30 and Jinelle is in her 30's now and still single apparently. JInelle had a boyfriend when she first auditioned but on the podcast they do, she mentioned that she was single.

Brit Schram is somehow still single. Nicole B.

I dunno, I think mid 20s is typical average marriage age in US, so makes sense why so many DCC get married right at this age. They'd be getting married despite being DCC or not.

6 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Khalyn Is probably getting into the triangle next season, Maddie is probs getting point :(, and gina as the third point..

unless a rookie of this season just pops off and judy is like yaassss your hair flips are just on point material or no?

Khalyn and Mads retiring. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Monique said:

Does anyone know, of the second years, who is closest to the front of the triangle other than Gina who is on the 3rd row? Going based off of power I think point would go to Gina and second after that Lexie and Heather. I think Maddie will stay in the triangle but not be point as she would be out shined. 

I exactly agree......

14 hours ago, ByTor said:

Is Maddie really gaining, though, or are we just seeing some unfortunate shots?  I mean, look at Kelli Q...she doesn't look "thick", but her stomach doesn't look particularly toned, and we all know that isn't true.

In that pose...none of them look toned.  

• Love 1

There have only been two people confirmed as retiring...Kash and Lacey.  Right now...all of the others are speculation and rumor (Christina, Maddie, Khalyn, Tasha, Lexie, Lauren...etc.)  When they announce they are retiring, then I will take it as solid information. 

4 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I always think it's funny to see how people who post here ask for and encourage diversity on the team and then whenever the TPTB decide to deviate even oh so slightly from the DCC norm, this page goes wild thinking they're actually fat lol. Maddie has a non-Barbie build and is her own brand of sexy, super cute and a great dancer on top of being a good ambassador. She's earned what she's gotten on the team.

Exactly!! If she sticks around for another season....I hope she gets point :) 

• Love 7

Is there a thread to discuss the documentary “Daughters of the Sexual Revolution” , about former DCC director Suzanne Mitchell?   I absolutely LOVED this documentary.  And I have to say, I knew Kitty was a former DCC but good God she was unattractive.  Not sure how she ever made the team.

• Love 6

When thinking about point, it seems K &J are looking for someone who is a powerhouse, inclusive & inviting to teammates, good leadership, & articulate as the point person is usually on show group so gets interview questions when on appearances. To me, Gina doesn’t seem inclusive like Nicole Hamilton, KaShara etc. Actually although Lacey is a great dancer, she didn’t seem like a spokesperson. My two cents.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t think any of the current vets really rate being point.  Maybe Gina dance-wise, but her facials are bad and she’s not photogenic while dancing.   It really wouldn’t surprise me if they went with one of this year’s rookies - maybe Bridget or Rachel?  Not sure how photogenic Bridget is, but I assume she’s good cause her footage on the show always looked good. 

Bridget for POINT

15 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

When thinking about point, it seems K &J are looking for someone who is a powerhouse, inclusive & inviting to teammates, good leadership, & articulate as the point person is usually on show group so gets interview questions when on appearances. To me, Gina doesn’t seem inclusive like Nicole Hamilton, KaShara etc. Actually although Lacey is a great dancer, she didn’t seem like a spokesperson. My two cents.

Agreed.  I will keep saying it, Gina is for herself not for her team, even though that is what she wants everyone to believe.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I honestly think the show really gave her a bad edit. She's always commenting on everyone's pics on instagram and they all seem to love her. There were a lot of posts about how excited they were that Gina was game day girl so idk I think she really stepped it up.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Honestly, point never seemed to me like it was this way until Kashara got it due to Jenna screwing up. Before then, it really just seemed to be more about looks and dance. I loved watching Mia perform, but she always gave off a bit of a mean girl vibe, IMO. Jackie seemed to be more of everybody’s friend/leader type (i think she got pro bowl), but Mia was point. Obviously, Whitney never seemed to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but she was point for 2 years because she was a fabulous dancer. I guess you could say that Jenn getting point was related to leadership, but whether people on here agree or not, the DCCs always seemed to consider her to be one of the top dancers. She was the first girl at auditions her second year (or maybe third?) and always had prominent positions in the triangle. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

In that pose...none of them look toned.  

Exactly, action shots are tough to capture.  Either that or they all belong on weight warnings :)

3 hours ago, TwitchyPoo said:

Is there a thread to discuss the documentary “Daughters of the Sexual Revolution” , about former DCC director Suzanne Mitchell?

The "Small Talk" thread would be best.

• Love 1

I may be in the minority but I don't think Gina's facials are bad. I also don't think that Maddie is "heavy" or that she is not attractive enough to be in the triangle.  

If Kelly and Judy had any issues with Gina or Maddie for any reason(personality, ambassador risk, or looks wise) they would not be in prominent places in the triangle nor even on the team for that matter. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

At this point, I doubt that Lexie is retiring. Her wedding date was May 31st and has not been moved to the 17th which makes me believe it was changed due to auditions

Lexie for point if it cannot be Bridget

• Love 7

I think Maddie’s body may be changing a bit. It’s not abnormal for that to happen at her age at all, and I think she’s adjusting to that. I, and several of my friends, either in college, or shortly thereafter went through similar bouts where we may have gained a few pounds - not alwats enough for it to be reflected in clothesizes or to anyone who wasn’t around us all of the time - but it was there. It’s not a big deal, and if the team is going to be made up of women in their late teens and early twenties, it’s going to happen.

Even if you look at Jenna and Lacey, both of whom are tiny - they both looked (or look in Lacey’s case) bigger by the end of their tenures than when they first started. Now, they were both almost too small, so they actually looked better near the end, but same deal as I think we’re seeing with Maddie. It’s normal, and I think she’s fine. 

• Love 8

Miranda was Game Day Girl with the Tennessee game...maybe she's going to be considered for promotion ??

Honestly...I don't think that being named GDG is any implication as to who is in the running for promotion within the formation. 

But that being said....Khalyn for point if she sticks around and can keep injuries at bay :)  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 8

Amy, Heather, Tasha, or Lauren for point!

I don't like the idea of a 2nd year being point. They need to have some level of seniority. A 3rd year being point is even pushing it.

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, sATL said:

which one   - the commercial where the guy is bringing 12 tacos in a box to a party?

The one where the guy is too busy eating tacos to take her picture for instagram doing sunset heart hands

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Miranda was Game Day Girl with the Tennessee game...maybe she's going to be considered for promotion ??

Honestly...I don't think that being named GDG is any implication as to who is in the running for promotion within the formation. 

But that being said....Khalyn for point if she sticks around and can keep injuries at bay :)  

Fingers crossed.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I honestly think the show really gave her a bad edit. She's always commenting on everyone's pics on instagram and they all seem to love her. There were a lot of posts about how excited they were that Gina was game day girl so idk I think she really stepped it up.

Bad edit???

1. Gina was "correcting" the girls with the wrong moves.

2. Resting bitch face.

3. Didn't know a thing about Tara after they spent the day at the zoo.

4. Said her former coach warned her that other girls will be jealous of her training.

5. Couldn't wrap her mind around Judy's critique that she was doing an entirely different dance.

Fist impressions is a BITCH.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t think any of the current vets really rate being point.  Maybe Gina dance-wise, but her facials are bad and she’s not photogenic while dancing.   It really wouldn’t surprise me if they went with one of this year’s rookies - maybe Bridget or Rachel?  Not sure how photogenic Bridget is, but I assume she’s good cause her footage on the show always looked good. 

I respectfully disagree on rookie Rachel W. She has zero power and no pop. She is pretty to look at, though. I'll give her that.

BUT If I was given a choice between Gina or Rachel W. I would pick RW on looks alone.

20 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Yes for Khalyn! Gorgeous!!!

If not her, I would enjoy Lauren or Bridget. 

Yes. Yes. Yes.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, J-R said:

Ugh..this is a bit of a bummer.  I really do not want to see Gina at point.  She does not seem a genuine team player.  The only choice from the list above is Lauren and Lexie.  If I were in charge, I would pick Bridget.  She is also getting married next year, May 18.  Is that during tryouts?  I would hate to see her retire after this year.

All this talk of #anygirl for point reminds of #ericaforpoint and we all know how that turned out, so I feel like we’re going to jinx it this time around too.

18 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Bad edit:

1. Gina was "correcting" the girls with the wrong moves.

2. Resting bitch face.

3. Didn't know a thing about Tara after they spent the day at the zoo.

4. Said her former coach warned her that other girls will be jealous of her training.

5. Couldn't wrap her mind around Judy's critique that she was doing an entirely different dance.

Fist impressions is a BITCH.

Not sure if you mean it, but I don’t get how that was a bad edit. She probably isn’t as bad, but she either truly believes those things or is incredibly stupid if she thought that saying those things on tv would be good for her in any way. She does seem a bit too full of herself which in some ways is good, but on a team where dozens of extremely talented AND beautiful girls have come and gone, thinking that you’re all that when you have Paris Hilton facials is...funny. And if you need to add anything extra to outshine other, you’re not a true performer. That’s why I didn’t like Jenna at point either because for some reason her performance didn’t seem genuine. Kash for me kills it even if you can tell that she’s not the most skilled.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

All this talk of #anygirl for point reminds of #ericaforpoint and we all know how that turned out, so I feel like we’re going to jinx it this time around too.

Not sure if you mean it, but I don’t get how that was a bad edit. She probably isn’t as bad, but she either truly believes those things or is incredibly stupid if she thought that saying those things on tv would be good for her in any way. She does seem a bit too full of herself which in some ways is good, but on a team where dozens of extremely talented AND beautiful girls have come and gone, thinking that you’re all that when you have Paris Hilton facials is...funny. And if you need to add anything extra to outshine other, you’re not a true performer. That’s why I didn’t like Jenna at point either because for some reason her performance didn’t seem genuine. Kash for me kills it even if you can tell that she’s not the most skilled.

I agree with EVERYTHING.

I should have typed "Bad edit???"

Gina is no dummy. She is calculating and clever. She should have faked it (team player) till she made it on season 12. She thought her dancing was enough.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I respectfully disagree on rookie Rachel W. She has zero power and no pop. She is pretty to look at, though. I'll give her that.

BUT If I was given a choice between Gina or Rachel W. I would pick RW on looks alone.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

No offense intended but please no on Rachel W.  I've never liked her.  My least favorite rookie of her class.  Her personal Twitter page was the final straw for me.

I'm not a huge fan of Gina's facials but I have defended her over what I perceived to be a bad rookie year edit.  The girl can definitely dance so I'd take her over Rachel W. in a heartbeat.  I could see Bridget, Lauren or Lexi in that spot but highly doubt they would put a second year at point.

Like @dreamcatcher, Kash nails it for me every single time.   She innately knows how to sell it.  Not to mention the girl is gorgeous, has great facials and effortlessly draws you in with how much fun she appears to be having.

Edited by go4luca
punctuation
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

No offense intended but please no on Rachel W.  I've never liked her.  My least favorite rookie of her class.  Her personal Twitter page was the final straw for me.

I'm not a huge fan of Gina's facials but I have defended her over what I perceived to be a bad rookie year edit.  The girl can definitely dance so I'd take her over Rachel W. in a heartbeat.  I could see Bridget, Lauren or Lexi in that spot but highly doubt they would put a second year at point.

Like @dreamcatcher, Kash nails it for me every single time,.   She innately knows how to sell it.  Not to mention the girl is gorgeous, has great facials and effortlessly draws you in with how much fun she appears to be having.

I forgot about that. I rescind my RW comment.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Like @dreamcatcher, Kash nails it for me every single time,.   She innately knows how to sell it.  Not to mention the girl is gorgeous, has great facials and effortlessly draws you in with how much fun she appears to be having.

*welp*

6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not @ShellyB but according to their Twitter page the campaign will be returning:

@ShellyB - Do the girls get to change their causes or do they have to keep the same one as last year?

6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not @ShellyB but according to their Twitter page the campaign will be returning:

Thanks! @go4luca

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Jennv said:

Has anyone else seen Abigail on TV in the Taco Bell commercial?

20 hours ago, sATL said:

which one   - the commercial where the guy is bringing 12 tacos in a box to a party?

19 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

The rolled chicken tacos.  She’s asking her BF to take a pic while she’s doing heart hands!  TAKE THE PICTURE!!!

I just posted the commercial in the former dcc thread, if anyone else missed it or wants to watch it again.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I just posted the commercial in the former dcc thread, if anyone else missed it or wants to watch it again.

I just saw it on tv. for the 1st time after a HEAVY tv weekend. maybe it rolled out regionally or on certain channels first. Now the commercial about bringing 12 tacos in a box to the office party - I swear that was almost hourly...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Do the girls get to change their causes or do they have to keep the same one as last year?

Tasha said on the podcast that she has a different cause this year...

(Last year dementia for her grandfather and this year caregiver awareness for her grandmother.)

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

Guys, I forgot....This last game I got to see and vibe the Lacey's group and Bridget gave me Holly vibes I kid you not. She even gave people they faces Holly used to give...She might be a low key trouble

Sorry, not getting this vibe at all.   Love her down to earth joie de vivre.  She seems to be thriving as a vet tech and that takes a special personality for animals to respond so well.

classic_bridge_27_11_2018_15_28_36_811.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, VagueUsername said:

Wholeheartedly disagree. Bridget is mature, genuine, and just happens to be a fabulous dancer. I have nothing against Holly, but she and Bridget are not alike. I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if she ever causes any drama for the DCC.

IDK, she just gave off that same vibe when I met Holly in person

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Sorry, not getting this vibe at all.   Love her down to earth joie de vivre.  She seems to be thriving as a vet tech and that takes a special personality for animals to respond so well.

classic_bridge_27_11_2018_15_28_36_811.jpg

Also, I didnt say Holly was bad. She just did weird things in person. Bridget just gave me the vibe. Hope she doesnt turn out like her obvs.. I like her too

• Love 1

I like Maddie a lot. I think shes pretty, a very good dancer, and I do think she is a darn good ambassador. She has gotten thicker around the middle as she gets older...lord knows when i go for my physical next week the doctor will tell me my cholesterol is too high and im fat. Ive been watching DCC MTT since the first season...it has been interesting to watch how "the DCC Look" has evolved. Maddie doesnt fit the older look, but she does just fine as the face of the new DCC.

• Love 9