Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I don't normally weigh in on such mundane matters as which cheerleader should be at point.  Frankly I don't give a flying fluck who is on point and who isn't.  Until now!  Three dancers for reasons even I'm not aware of lead me to believe they are leading candidates for the triangle in 2019-2020.......

Alexis at point

Gina and Daphne in the second row.

Gina, bless her heart, doesn't quite have what it takes to be point.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, SimplePleasures said:

I don't normally weigh in on such mundane matters as which cheerleader should be at point.  Frankly I don't give a flying fluck who is on point and who isn't.  Until now!  Three dancers for reasons even I'm not aware of lead me to believe they are leading candidates for the triangle in 2019-2020.......

Alexis at point

Gina and Daphne in the second row.

Gina, bless her heart, doesn't quite have what it takes to be point.

Gina has what it takes but there is too much of it. She tries way too hard and its very distracting.

• Love 12

Tara’s cut is the most justified of the season. Were we all watching the same show?  She looked terrible this year.  Her hair was stringy, face bloated and her makeup was bad.    We don’t get to see 99% of what goes on during the actual training camp.  For her to be cut as a vet, there must have been shit that went down behind the scenes. 

• Love 12
On 11/16/2018 at 4:48 PM, LynneH said:

However, I have known people that feel their wedding is a once in a lifetime "event" and do not want "work" to interfere with the celebration of this event.  So many just take the entire week off to prepare and celebrate with friends and family and take the following week off as well for honeymooning.

I would never want work to interfere with my wedding. This seems common.

18 hours ago, rose711 said:

I agree that they don’t seem to value seniority enough and I’m not sure why.  I also agree that they seem to be going much more for appearance on the big screen over powerhouse dancers.

Because seniority really doesn't mean anything.

19 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Brennan--I have respect for her persistence but don't think she has the DCC look at all. Maddie from Utah--same thing. In my wildest dreams I would not have ever expected her to be in the triangle or for Brennan to make the team. At least other weak dancers in the past were beautiful (Ashley Pro)

Yuko is so cute. I think they'll keep her as long as she wants to stay. Some guys really just go for Asian girls.

1. Definitely in the minority because I never saw the Ashley Pro appeal.

2. ..I don't think this is why they keep her on the team.

1 hour ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Tara’s cut is the most justified of the season. Were we all watching the same show?  She looked terrible this year.  Her hair was stringy, face bloated and her makeup was bad.    We don’t get to see 99% of what goes on during the actual training camp.  For her to be cut as a vet, there must have been shit that went down behind the scenes. 

I  agree. She looked like a completely different person (when CMT highlighted her).

• Love 3

I wonder if Kelli and Judy will ask some of those considering/on the fence about retirement to stay another year so they have some more tenured team members. I think they've done that before--maybe with Britney Evans and her fourth year?

I think Savannah's dancing leaves a lot to be desired, but if she put in a lot of effort to make it back, I can see that being rewarded, especially after a tumultuous year with a great deal of turnover. Semi-related question, was Kali Drake-Creme rookie of the year and then cut? I know she was cut after her first year, but I cannot remember if she was ROTY.

• Love 1
On 11/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Did anyone else see the Nike ad with Christina and Alexis that was posted on the DCC insta stories?

Yes and did not like them at all.  Christina needs to STOP trying to look sultry.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Putting in my vote for Gina at point next year!

I definitely think Gina will be at the front of the triangle, not sure about point though. Is Khalyn retiring?? I feel like she could be up in the front. Also Heather for sure. For some reason this year I'm super obsessed with who will be in the front of the triangle, i feel like all of the really strong performers are retiring. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Piscesmama4 said:

I definitely think Gina will be at the front of the triangle, not sure about point though. Is Khalyn retiring?? I feel like she could be up in the front. Also Heather for sure. For some reason this year I'm super obsessed with who will be in the front of the triangle, i feel like all of the really strong performers are retiring. 

Also, I think possibly Daphne, Bridget, Ashley and Amber could be up front too. Maybe Hannah. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Is Lauren retiring? I would like to see her as point. She gives off good vibes.

Amen to this.  With her big caramel mane, big beautiful eyes, wide smile, awesome abs, and adorable facials, she’d be great out front.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Is Lauren retiring? I would like to see her as point. She gives off good vibes.

Ah, I forgot about Lauren!! I agree, she's definitely a possibility for the front. Great performer, strong, gorgeous, and overall a great role model for the team.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, morningglory said:

I wonder if Kelli and Judy will ask some of those considering/on the fence about retirement to stay another year so they have some more tenured team members. I think they've done that before--maybe with Britney Evans and her fourth year?

They told Jenna she "had more to give" so she came back, and look what happened there, LOL.

• Love 5

I think seniority matters to any team. The new girls need mentors, they need people who’ve been there and done it before to learn from. I think Kelli makes a mistake in not valuing the veterans. I agree with cutting whoever is out of shape or who you don’t want on the team again at tryouts.

But I think they need to value the senior girls more than they seem to do. I think Tara was looking much better when she was cut. She certainly wasn’t the worst.

The only two girls I remember hearing say she valued were a couple of the vets warned in TC about weight and Danielle. 

Of course the show is about rookies so maybe we don’t see it. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 4

Dayton looks amazing!!! Id bet money she will make the team next year if she is still interested. She is going to have quite the adventure! I hope it is a wonderful experience for her! I look forward to following along with her insta...i hope we get to see pics of everyone in costume!

34 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Dayton looks amazing!!! Id bet money she will make the team next year if she is still interested. She is going to have quite the adventure! I hope it is a wonderful experience for her! I look forward to following along with her insta...i hope we get to see pics of everyone in costume!

She won’t be done with the cruise gig till after tryouts next year. I think she said she won’t try out again if there is a show. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Meghan T must be in town.  The squad had a 12 hour practice today😳.  I hope they have Friday off to recover.  Of course at that age, it’s a quick nap and off to shop!

For everyone except Christina and Kelli

• Love 1
5 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

12 hours is insane, especially since most of these girls have jobs. What about Kelli and her teaching job, do they have the whole week off for thanksgiving? 

Yep, it would be one thing if the 12 hour practice was on a Saturday or Sunday, but on a Monday....that’s crazy. Everyone’s work is different, but the Monday prior to Thanksgiving is often pretty busy for me because lots of people take Tuesday or Wednesday off, so Monday is the day to get things out of the door. 

Lots of schools (more than when I was kid it seems) take the whole week of Thanksgiving off now, so that may have helped some of the teachers.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Meghan T must be in town.  The squad had a 12 hour practice today😳.  I hope they have Friday off to recover.  Of course at that age, it’s a quick nap and off to shop!

Stop trying to tell me these women are full time students or have careers, TPTB. You sound like idiots. No one cares, but they also do not believe you.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Stop trying to tell me these women are full time students or have careers, TPTB. You sound like idiots. No one cares, but they also do not believe you.

Not trying to defend anyone, just wanted to give the women props who do actually do have careers. I know Jessika, Yuko, Lauren, Khalyn, Taylor J, Brennan and Briana do. I am sure I am forgetting someone.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, it would be one thing if the 12 hour practice was on a Saturday or Sunday, but on a Monday....that’s crazy. Everyone’s work is different, but the Monday prior to Thanksgiving is often pretty busy for me because lots of people take Tuesday or Wednesday off, so Monday is the day to get things out of the door. 

Lots of schools (more than when I was kid it seems) take the whole week of Thanksgiving off now, so that may have helped some of the teachers.

If it was a 12 hour practice, What time did it end? I don't remember the last time I committed 12 hours of my life to an event that wasn't a family obligation.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Can someone who is more organized than me keep a running list of the whole team and their retirement status? Something we can keep updated? That would be so handy!

Can I second that?? :) 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Not trying to defend anyone, just wanted to give the women props who do actually do have careers. I know Jessika, Yuko, Lauren, Khalyn, Taylor J, Brennan and Briana do. I am sure I am forgetting someone.

Kelli, preschool teacher! Someone else is a teacher, Heather maybe?

18 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Kelli, preschool teacher! Someone else is a teacher, Heather maybe?

Heather is a patient care coordinator for a plastic surgeon's office...KaShara is a pre-school teacher :) 

Okay, I went ahead and got a list started. Here is the full roster, who is retiring, and the source of the info.

Alexis
Alanna
Amber
Amy
Ashlee
Brennan
Briana
Bridget
Caroline
Christina - Retiring (DCC Fans Facebook, unconfirmed)
Cianna
Daphne
Erin
Gabby
Gina
Hannah
Heather
Jalyn
Jessica
Kashara - Retiring (announced)
Kelli
Khalyn
Lexie - May 31 wedding, retirement expected
Lacey - Retiring (announced)
Lauren
Maddie - Retiring (unconfirmed)
Madeline
Miranda - Retiring (DCC Fans Facebook, unconfirmed)
Molly
Rachel
Rachel W
Savannah
Tasha - Retiring (unconfirmed)
Taylor
Tess
Yuko

• Love 3
11 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

I can't speak for everyone but I thought someone had said that Lauren had taken a break from the nursing career to try out for the team. Does anyone know if she is actually working full-time shifts as a nurse??

Amy is getting married on New Year's Eve. I guess if she can organize a wedding during football season, Lexie could figure out a way to organize hers without having to retire.

I suspect the reason why so many women marry right after leaving the team has less to do with organizing the wedding and more to do with wanting to start off their married life with their marriage, not the DCC, as their priority.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Amy is getting married on New Year's Eve. I guess if she can organize a wedding during football season, Lexie could figure out a way to organize hers without having to retire.

I'm thinking maybe she just wants to retire? She did a couple years with DCC and prior to that, the Mavs so maybe she's done professionally dancing?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I suspect the reason why so many women marry right after leaving the team has less to do with organizing the wedding and more to do with wanting to start off their married life with their marriage, not the DCC, as their priority.

I don’t know what Lexie’s plans were or are, but it’s possible that she did try to schedule her wedding around the DCC schedule. Finals are later this year than they have been in the past, and her wedding is falling on the same weekend. If she was planning on trying out again, she would probably need a pass from K&J or would need to move her wedding date - which is absurd, and I imagine that she already has her vendors locked in. 

New Years Eve is probably one of the safest weekends that a DCC could pick. College football games occur on New Year’s Eve and New Years Day, and I assume that Amy knew when she planned the wedding that the Cowboys have an away game on the 30th. Smart planning from her.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I have a feeling that a lot of the 2nd year girls will retire after this season - Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Miranda, Lauren, Lexie. It will just be the Gina show after that. 

I’ve been trying to understand the advantage of staying for a third year. I’m not surprised some girls have had enough in 2 years and want to move on to other things.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I’ve been trying to understand the advantage of staying for a third year. I’m not surprised some girls have had enough in 2 years and want to move on to other things.

Why do some of us watch year after year - cause every year is a new experience.

• Love 4
On 11/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, rose711 said:

IMO most of these girls were recent college grads putting them 22-23 when they try out so I can see them saying they would stay for 3-4 years if they liked/loved it enough as that would put them at 25-26.

Edited by Monique
25 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Me too! I feel like staying for 2 years gives you a great experience. Veteran status, calendar shoot, maybe you couldn’t or didn’t make show group your Rookie year, well there’s another shot! 

It’s not surprising to me when girls leave after 2 because not everyone who makes the team wants to stay for 4-6 years and become a group leader, point girl, or even PBC! I think 2 years would be enough for me.

• Love 3

Shelley has pictures of Dayton at the Royal Caribbean headquarters and that Dayton will be leaving in three days or so.  I wonder if, upon hearing that Dayton got offered such a plum position on such a great "tour" being the lead in several shows, swing in another AND singing,, Kelli/Tina/Victoria think "That should have been Victoria!" or "Victoria should have been offered that!", never mind that they were trying SO hard to get Victoria on the team and doing just about everything they could (including cutting more deserving girls) to get her there.

Edited by EricaShadows
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Shelley has pictures of Dayton at the Royal Caribbean headquarters and that Dayton will be leaving in three days or so.  I wonder if, upon hearing that Dayton got offered such a plum position on such a great "tour" being the lead in several shows, swing in another AND singing,, Kelli/Tina/Victoria think "That should have been Victoria!" or "Victoria should have been offered that!", never mind that they were trying SO hard to get Victoria on the team and doing just about everything they could (including cutting more deserving girls) to get her there.

Nah don't think so. Vic never gave any indication of wanting to do anything but DCC. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I doubt it.  Plan A  - tryout for DCC.  Plan B - tryout for DCC, and so on, and so on.  It will be interesting to see if she doesn't make the squad next year, if she will look into a different Plan B.  And in all honesty, would her mother have been okay with her auditioning for a cruise ship job?

• Love 5