Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I'm one that doesn't think Gina got a bad edit last year. I think that's just how she was. I mean she said what she said. She did come across as thinking she was better than others and what not. But people can certainly change. And maybe she did after getting those critiques in training camp and seeing herself on the show. I didn't like her back then but I haven't heard anything bad about her now so I don't mind her. I'm not sure how I feel about her possibly getting point. I think I would prefer someone else, but I wouldn't be totally upset if she got it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I'm one that doesn't think Gina got a bad edit last year. I think that's just how she was. I mean she said what she said. She did come across as thinking she was better than others and what not. But people can certainly change. And maybe she did after getting those critiques in training camp and seeing herself on the show. I didn't like her back then but I haven't heard anything bad about her now so I don't mind her. I'm not sure how I feel about her possibly getting point. I think I would prefer someone else, but I wouldn't be totally upset if she got it. 

I agree with this. I always liked Gina, but I am not going to be such a fangirl that I pretend she didn't represent herself poorly in the beginning (Whatever the reason, edit or reality). I also believe all of the team are at an age to show growth and mature from their experiences. I like to think Gina is one who took the criticism and wanted to be better than that. If not, she is better at faking it and hiding her "true self".  I enjoy her as a DCC, and love watching her dance, but I don't think she's point material. She doesn't have the right look for front and center, but her skill would serve the triangle well.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Guys, I forgot....This last game I got to see and vibe the Lacey's group and Bridget gave me Holly vibes I kid you not. She even gave people they faces Holly used to give...She might be a low key trouble

No way.

• Love 3
On 11/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, TexasBorn said:

Jaclyn Onassis was a well educated woman who was born and breed to marry well. She had little to no charitable ambitions and will always be known for her pink Channel suit (smattered in brains).

Charlotte A Jones has done more with her life and for others than the latter. And I'm no fan.

Jaclyn Onassis had a major impact on charities in New York. She led the restoration of Grand Central Station and saved it from being demolished. That’s one of many examples of projects she was involved in and one of the few she was very public about supporting. If you aren’t from New York City, you may not be as aware of her philanthropy because she seemed to keep her public profile very low key. There are good reasons the reservoir in Central Park is named in her honor.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 16
On 11/26/2018 at 10:28 AM, Kayce said:

I have never agreed with anything more than I agree with this statement!!

It is so frustrating that so many people harp on these young ladies because they don't fit a "standard" body type.  Maddie looks as good if not better in the uniform than several.  She has a thick waist...well hell...so do I...and I have a TRUE muffin top if someone wants to see what muffin top looks like...my point is she is healthy looking...let her be!  Let the other girls with fuller hips be...Miranda, Kash, Tasha, Khalyn (yes even she has curvier hips and i LOVE her).  These girls are beautiful as they are.  The only time they need to be concerned with their weight, is if the uniform stops fitting and they want to stay on the squad.  

This is why so many girls have eating issues and body image issues.  And I feel the warning coming already, so be it....but as a nurse who has dealt with kids and body image issues, who has a sister who STARVED herself to meet a certain "standard", I'm a little sensitive to this.  

I agree, but I feel the viewers are just using the standards  Kelli and Judy and the judges discuss at length when they are picking the team and throughout training camp. They’ve cut, or not picked, girls based on weight, including Victoria this season. Weight has been a focus every season. Every time they show a girl on the big screen, they assess how her body looks.

I think they made a mistake focusing on weight and I feel they’ve cut it back some. I agree that it’s a harmful message for young girls, but at the same time, it’s what we’ve learned the DCC standards are regarding weight. We’ve even had the contract language read out loud by Kelli. We’ve seen the girls get weighed. 

Im sure they have had girls who have eating disorders on the team. We saw a bit of Courtney Cook, and that was the rumour as to why she left. We saw the girl who was cut and edited to look robotic after she had spent the night in the ER due to her trying to lose weight. We’ve never seen any girls getting help with eating disorders, which is fair for their privacy. We have seen a long parade of girls lectured to and cut because of their weight.

I feel that I look at girls through the lens of the show. I would never say any of the girls were heavy or overweight in “real life.” Other than Victoria’s noticeable gain this season, I can’t think of a single girl who was cut or warned for weight that I didn’t think looked good. Victoria was only noticeable because  it was one of the first things we learned about her and because she gained so fast. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2

Not a dancer but the talk of Gina adding extra moves...would that not throw off some of the less experienced dancers? I know they have their rows and all, but she would be easy to look at without moving your head too much. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, rose711 said:

Jaclyn Onassis had a major impact on charities in New York. She led the restoration of Grand Central Station and saved it from being demolished. That’s one of many examples of projects she was involved in and one of the few she was very public about supporting. If you aren’t from New York City, you may not be as aware of her philanthropy because she seemed to keep her public profile very low key. There are good reasons the reservoir in Central Park is named in her honor.

Yes. She loved NY and was a fabulous socialite.

I was referring to her lack of global philanthropy. Michelle O and Princess Di, she is not. I guess I have standards when it comes to former first ladies. I don't buy into the Camelot mythology that she deemed to have created. It baffles me when millennial's' choose her as an inspiration. The women of the Betty Draper era were born and bread to be trophy wives. 

The Irish Catholic Kennedy's wanted "blue blood" to legitimize there place in East Coast politics and the Bouviers claimed to have that blue blood running through their veins. 

I've read several JO and JFK bios and the only thing she every perfected was the PBO. Look it up. And look up Maria Callas while you're at it.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

This. She meant what she said and is from Cali and probably always ok to brag on yourself and be more aggressive than in TExas. She is smart and picked up quick though to act more gracious. 

11 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I agree with this. I always liked Gina, but I am not going to be such a fangirl that I pretend she didn't represent herself poorly in the beginning (Whatever the reason, edit or reality). I also believe all of the team are at an age to show growth and mature from their experiences. I like to think Gina is one who took the criticism and wanted to be better than that. If not, she is better at faking it and hiding her "true self".  I enjoy her as a DCC, and love watching her dance, but I don't think she's point material. She doesn't have the right look for front and center, but her skill would serve the triangle well.  

This too. Gina is not desperate thirsty but there's some thirst for point. She is SMART.  I don't think she is a liar or going to try to break rules and act like butter won't melt in her mouth like Holly, Jenna, Erica, but Gina knows what she wants. She is competitive and will do the work and play the game to be the best, but doesn't have that sneaky mean underlying attitude like Holly, or that my shit don't stink Diva ness of Erica. Gina is more like a confident person not afraid to broadcast her skills, but she will help otehr people and is not rude to put others down or try to be Queen B like Jenna, Cersten, Erica, etc.

There's some similarities, but def differences in Gina and those other girls. Still don't think she has the look for point, thoug. Triangle yes, point, nah. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, MyFavShows said:
22 hours ago, Kayce said:

Me neither

Dance slow mos the show - yes she did.  It happened a lot in guest choreographer scenes.  

I honestly only recall seeing rolls on Victoria.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, J-R said:

28766678_202471820352153_6493110873530302464_n(1).thumb.jpg.822ca622e53e536389e1563ed4bad998.jpg

Just saying..... 

Always looks like she's having the best time! I'm glad she's got better hair color now and seems to have thinned out a bit since this was taken, she'll be great in that spot in a few years, assuming she sticks around. I don't believe she should get it over more seasoned vets.. A point should be someone the team can look to as a leader, in my opinion, in all aspects (dance, personality, being a team-player). 

Seeing its not likely for her to be a leader in her second year, I still push for lexie for point! Or Khalyn if she doesn't retire! Both are strong and seem to be well-liked among their teammates. Maybe Jinelle will get it if these girls continue missing the games LOL

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

I like Maddie a lot. I think shes pretty, a very good dancer, and I do think she is a darn good ambassador. She has gotten thicker around the middle as she gets older...lord knows when i go for my physical next week the doctor will tell me my cholesterol is too high and im fat. Ive been watching DCC MTT since the first season...it has been interesting to watch how "the DCC Look" has evolved. Maddie doesnt fit the older look, but she does just fine as the face of the new DCC.

Thank you thank you thank you!! I wholeheartedly agree with this :) 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

This. She meant what she said and is from Cali and probably always ok to brag on yourself and be more aggressive than in TExas. She is smart and picked up quick though to act more gracious. 

This too. Gina is not desperate thirsty but there's some thirst for point. She is SMART.  I don't think she is a liar or going to try to break rules and act like butter won't melt in her mouth like Holly, Jenna, Erica, but Gina knows what she wants. She is competitive and will do the work and play the game to be the best, but doesn't have that sneaky mean underlying attitude like Holly, or that my shit don't stink Diva ness of Erica. Gina is more like a confident person not afraid to broadcast her skills, but she will help otehr people and is not rude to put others down or try to be Queen B like Jenna, Cersten, Erica, etc.

There's some similarities, but def differences in Gina and those other girls. Still don't think she has the look for point, thoug. Triangle yes, point, nah. 

Not sure where you're getting this but that is not the norm in Cali.  Most folks in Cali are pretty laid back.  That's like me saying Texans are hicks which I know they are not.

But I do agree she should at least be in the triangle.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

Always looks like she's having the best time!

Agree! That's exactly what I mean by her exhibiting so much joie de vivre.  Plus I love how genuine she comes across and never forced.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Agree! That's exactly what I mean by her exhibiting so much joie de vivre.  Plus I love how genuine she comes across and never forced.

I'm a huge animal lover/rescuer/advocater and I love Bridget :) she just exudes joy. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I understand what everyone is saying about Bridget being too new to get point, but man, the pickins are slim if Lexie and Lauren retire!

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Opine said:

I understand what everyone is saying about Bridget being too new to get point, but man, the pickins are slim if Lexie and Lauren retire!

Pretty sure lexie will be coming back! someone mentioned she moved her wedding date to free up the may 31 conflict

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not sure where you're getting this but that is not the norm in Cali.  Most folks in Cali are pretty laid back.  That's like me saying Texans are hicks which I know they are not.

But I do agree she should at least be in the triangle.

What I am saying is with competitive dance and pro dance it's more the norm in places outside the south to be like "I had this training, I'm the best, you want me" than the "yes, ma'am" in Dallas. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

Pretty sure lexie will be coming back! someone mentioned she moved her wedding date to free up the may 31 conflict

She’s either coming back or she did it bc her dcc bridesmaids are reaudtioning 

• Love 3
On 11/28/2018 at 9:24 AM, UnicornKicks said:

What I am saying is with competitive dance and pro dance it's more the norm in places outside the south to be like "I had this training, I'm the best, you want me" than the "yes, ma'am" in Dallas. 

From all my years of dance training in California, I don't exactly agree but I do appreciate you clarifying.  Now get into a rivalry between NY and Cali training, that is another story. ;o)

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

Always looks like she's having the best time! I'm glad she's got better hair color now and seems to have thinned out a bit since this was taken, she'll be great in that spot in a few years, assuming she sticks around. I don't believe she should get it over more seasoned vets.. A point should be someone the team can look to as a leader, in my opinion, in all aspects (dance, personality, being a team-player). 

Seeing its not likely for her to be a leader in her second year, I still push for lexie for point! Or Khalyn if she doesn't retire! Both are strong and seem to be well-liked among their teammates. Maybe Jinelle will get it if these girls continue missing the games LOL

Well said...

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, go4luca said:

From all my years of dance training in California,I don't exactly agree but I do appreciate you clarifying.  Now get into a rivalry between NY and Cali training, that is another story. ;o)

The competitive dance world fascinates me. Without causing a riff among posters, what is the difference between Cali, NY, and TX competitive dance and training? And what's the end game?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

WOW! She will be a FABULOUS point someday, just not for next season. I believe in earned seniority and leadership experience.

I would normally agree, but I really don’t think they have that many options. Depending on how many vets retire, Bridget will either get Gina’s spot or even get in the triangle next year. And I can see even 2nd years jumping into 1GL

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I would normally agree, but I really don’t think they have that many options. Depending on how many vets retire, Bridget will either get Gina’s spot or even get in the triangle next year. And I can see even 2nd years jumping into 1GL

I understand. We will have to wait and see who retires. And who knows if Bridget will stay another year. She's engaged, too. So many factoring game changers.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

So I guess the LED lights on the boots were added at some point?  Then I think taken away (someone posted here) since they weren't working properly?

DCC Christmas Outfit V3.jpg

Gee, which DCC modeled for this:/

I actually like the costume.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it makes an appearance during a halftime show with the lights turned off.

• Love 6

I think someone mentioned it a while ago, but Gina probably looked at DCC as another dance job, not as the glorified sorority that it is. While there is always a line between confidence and arrogance (and a general rule of thumb that you shouldn’t need to put someone else down to build yourself up), it’s normal to play up your strengths in interviews. Training camp is an extended interview. If Gina feels that she had elite training, then she probably thought it was stupid not to say that - again she should’ve left out the part about other girls not having the same training (how does she even know what training they had lol) - bit still, in a typical professional setting, there’s nothing wrong with that. 

DCC is what it is, and with any job, you have to learn the social game, whatever it may be at that place. Obviously, Gina had to learn that the hard way, but that doesn’t mean that some of the DCC ways aren’t eye roll worthy. The “everyone should be besties” definitely is. 

• Love 13

I saw on Jackie Bob's Insta-story this past weekend that she was "working the tree."  I would think you would need two gals at least to make sure everyone gets out with all the right costume parts on, and that hair hasn't decided to do it's own thing in the rush.  Of course, it's probably mush easier than trying to put on those old Minnie Mouses dresses for the BCA halftime - bloomers, layers, cutting layers to fit, pinning layers so they don't fly off during a toss, etc.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Maddie looks awesome in this pic... just saying I wish I looked "thick" like her!

A6FFF8E0-3515-4041-AC29-5E9EF7D0C21D.jpeg

I’m pretty neutral on Maddie for the most part, but snickered when I read your post. You said she looked awesome, but you can’t see her face. I know that’s not what you meant, but thanks for the chuckle! 

For what it’s worth, I think Maddie looks fine but also like she’s gained weight, so I can see how that’s an issue. I still think the trick is to come in at five pounds over your leanest so you’ve got some wiggle room.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I’m pretty neutral on Maddie for the most part, but snickered when I read your post. You said she looked awesome, but you can’t see her face. I know that’s not what you meant, but thanks for the chuckle! 

For what it’s worth, I think Maddie looks fine but also like she’s gained weight, so I can see how that’s an issue. I still think the trick is to come in at five pounds over your leanest so you’ve got some wiggle room.

Glad I could at least make some chuckle.... :) 

• Love 2

Does anyone know what the status is on renewing the show for a Season 14? Rumblings on the Facebook fan page indicate no deal has been struck yet with CMT. I would have thought it was a done deal by now but maybe the lawsuit/drama has tainted the waters. Would be interested if any of our insiders have heard anything.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kayce said:

Maddie looks awesome in this pic... just saying I wish I looked "thick" like her!

A6FFF8E0-3515-4041-AC29-5E9EF7D0C21D.jpeg

Thank you for sharing, definitely think Maddie's body looks good here!  And thank you to everyone who shares pictures from their performances.

As for Gina, DCC are expected to be the over the top gracious and humble southern lady stereotype in my opinion.  So I don't mind someone being confident, and as others have said, she softened up her personality from her TC (though maybe it was also a bad edit).  I think she is smart but not fake.  #GinaForPoint  (if Khalyn retires)

• Love 5
16 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Yes. She loved NY and was a fabulous socialite.

I was referring to her lack of global philanthropy. Michelle O and Princess Di, she is not. I guess I have standards when it comes to former first ladies. I don't buy into the Camelot mythology that she deemed to have created. It baffles me when millennial's' choose her as an inspiration. The women of the Betty Draper era were born and bread to be trophy wives. 

The Irish Catholic Kennedy's wanted "blue blood" to legitimize there place in East Coast politics and the Bouviers claimed to have that blue blood running through their veins. 

I've read several JO and JFK bios and the only thing she every perfected was the PBO. Look it up. And look up Maria Callas while you're at it.

I know a lot about her story. She worked as an editor at Viking Press here as a career. She was much more than a trophy wife. I thought the comparison was with Charlotte from the DCC, and that is what I was answering. That Jacklyn was gorgeous and had style doesn’t mean she had no substance. I feel she did much more for improving the world and charity  charity than Charlotte has, but that’s just my view.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, rose711 said:

I know a lot about her story. She worked as an editor at Viking Press here as a career. She was much more than a trophy wife. I thought the comparison was with Charlotte from the DCC, and that is what I was answering. That Jacklyn was gorgeous and had style doesn’t mean she had no substance. I feel she did much more for improving the world and charity  charity than Charlotte has, but that’s just my view.

I don't care for Charlotte, but I do give her credit for getting down with the regular folks from the Salvation Army to the military.She also went to Standford which is a big deal on the West Coast. She is also a job creator which in these times much more important than restoring the White House. IMO. If JO was first lady today she wou!d be scrutinized on a Melania level.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 1

Again, these rookies seizes to amaze me, Hannah, Ashlee, and Gabby have already previewed there cause on the DCC Twitter page. And yes, I know Gina and Tasha have voiced there causes, I'm just highlighting the rookies proactive initiatives.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 2