Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Jessika, Allanna, sometimes Lexie, Gabby. & I loved Gabby in tryouts, but I keep forgetting her

Love Gabby because she brings more diversity to the team. She still has some time to standout. I’ll give the rookies some leeway.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I’ve been watching since season 10. If I can’t put a name to a face then they need step up their PR game.

New list. DCC you forget is on the team. Jessika, Amber, Caroline, and still can’t tell Kelli/Lexi apart.

Lexie, Tess, Jessika, Taylor, Caroline all kinda blend for me.  BUT I can't blame them for editing, I don't think they were given as much spotlight on the show so that's why.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I’ve been watching since season 10. If I can’t put a name to a face then they need step up their PR game.

Cheerleaders come and go. The goal here is to make the team, the uniform famous, not the individual women wearing it, and they've been very successful at doing that.

They just need you to think this is a group of beautiful, talented, hard working,  classy women. They don't care whether you know their names. Most fans don't. 

• Love 2
On 11/19/2018 at 6:42 PM, sleepyjean said:

They told Jenna she "had more to give" so she came back, and look what happened there, LOL.

I don't think they met "give it to Dak Prescott", though!

On 11/22/2018 at 10:09 PM, 8dallas said:

Lastly - What a barf of a Halftime Show, it was terrible. Meghan Trainor really tried to do a Dance break bahahahah I was dying laughing the whole show. Someone needs to let her know she aint it, also she needs to realize she is in Last place when trying to be the next B.Spears and a first place dud. 

Now I feel stupid because I actually put down my potato masher and ventured into the family room because I enjoyed the show so much!

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

Lexie, Tess, Jessika, Taylor, Caroline all kinda blend for me.  BUT I can't blame them for editing, I don't think they were given as much spotlight on the show so that's why.

I only remember Tess because she’s so damn tall.

F VK MTT

Edited by TexasBorn
16 hours ago, Acromantula said:

They all look fantastic! Honestly, I don't know how Maddie can look so good and relatively toned in this pic and so out of shape in the one posted above. The DCC uniform really does show all. 

The same way a pair of tight low cut jeans will create a muffin top on even a scrawny teenager:/  

• Love 4

Apologies because I know this is off topic for this thread, but I’ve seen people mention Dayton being the lead in several shows on her cruise line.....which shows are those and what parts does she have? I must have missed that info!

3 minutes ago, bunny said:

Apologies because I know this is off topic for this thread, but I’ve seen people mention Dayton being the lead in several shows on her cruise line.....which shows are those and what parts does she have? I must have missed that info!

If I remember correctly, Shelly said lead in a couple and swing in a 3rd??  She didn't mention the shows and Dayton hasn't said anything yet.  Her mom did say she learned a "Fosse-like" dance for the first one.  She should be heading out tomorrow.  I admit, I'm excited for her and I just know her thru this!!!

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, bunny said:

40 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If I remember correctly, Shelly said lead in a couple and swing in a 3rd??  She didn't mention the shows and Dayton hasn't said anything yet.  Her mom did say she learned a "Fosse-like" dance for the first one.  She should be heading out tomorrow.  I admit, I'm excited for her and I just know her thru this!!!

On 9/22/2018 at 9:29 PM, ShellyB said:

Her ship is one of the smaller ones in the fleet, but has more exotic cruises....she’ll be in the South Pacific , Indian Ocean, Mediterranean and Norwegian Sea, same contract Hannah West had prior to DCC. On many of the RCL ships, dancers have a “day job”, but not on her ship. She has been cast in 3 shows on her ship, she’s a lead in two and a swing in the third. 

8 months sailing...9 1/2 months including the training. 

Also from ShellyB (from the locked Finals, Training Camp and Social Media thread, so not directly quotable) Oct 1:

Thank you! After arriving to the apartment, she met her roommates and some other dancers for different ships. She had an excellent first day - orientation, where they did intros and said something interesting about themselves, learned about the shows and each set, then they were off to rehearsal. She loves her cast members, 5 girls, 5 guys and 3 lead singers. They have 3 - 45 minute shows to learn and they learned one 2 1/2 minute piece today, she said it was very Fosse. Plus she’s singing...it’s backup but, she’s singing! 

• Love 4

Hello! Long time lurker here, first time poster. 

I have a huge girl-crush on Lauren. I think she is one of the best dancers on the team, and has the sweetest personality. I would love to see her be point next year! But I'm afraid she might retire.☹️ She'd already been an NFL cheerleader for a couple years  before DCC, so I could see where 4 years would be enough of that for her. She also got engaged recently, and doesn't seem to be a favorite of Judy and Kelli. 

What do y'all think the odds of her retiring are? And what do you think the odds of her getting point are if she stays? Or even in the triangle?

• Love 3

Cassie has a number of Insta stories featuring the DCC in the Christmas show at The Star.  I think Madeline and Lexie said three costume changes. 

Watching this video, Jinelle is a wonderful spokesperson.  Also, I know the camp is for girls 6-16, but if you get a goodie bag with poms and t-shirt...……..can you have a camp for grownups:P

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cassie has a number of Insta stories featuring the DCC in the Christmas show at The Star.  I think Madeline and Lexie said three costume changes.

Looks like they wore their regular uniforms, their red "santa" uniforms, and these new outfits that light up and change colors.  (Terrible screenshots, I know. Hopefully they will have some pics online tomorrow.) I guess the point was to light up the cheerleaders like Christmas trees themselves.

Capture3.JPG.c7ed5ed6c207ddc484527c5236e6635e.JPGCapture.JPG.819f73d01638a732db68c3cb3121898a.JPGCapture2.JPG.294c2886b0255a3699851401bc85a0d5.JPG

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Looks like they wore their regular uniforms, their red "santa" uniforms, and these new outfits that light up and change colors.  (Terrible screenshots, I know. Hopefully they will have some pics online tomorrow.) I guess the point was to light up the cheerleaders like Christmas trees themselves.

Capture3.JPG.c7ed5ed6c207ddc484527c5236e6635e.JPGCapture.JPG.819f73d01638a732db68c3cb3121898a.JPGCapture2.JPG.294c2886b0255a3699851401bc85a0d5.JPG

I’m going towmrow I’ll try to get some good pictures and post them 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

The best video I could find:

See from 1:10 on in the back row is Gina I believe. There are those extra hair flips again. I like her but she needs to stop trying to hog the attention by dancing different. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

In her insta story you can hear Charlotte talking about the lights going out on some of their boots. 😂

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

See from 1:10 on in the back row is Gina I believe. There are those extra hair flips again. I like her but she needs to stop trying to hog the attention by dancing different. 

You were not picked Gina get over yourself.

1 hour ago, KatieC said:

In her insta story you can hear Charlotte talking about the lights going out on some of their boots. 😂

Man the Jones like to GO BIG.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Watching this video, Jinelle is a wonderful spokesperson.  Also, I know the camp is for girls 6-16, but if you get a goodie bag with poms and t-shirt...……..can you have a camp for grownups:P

I watched Cassie’s Instagram story and was more intrigued by the possum in their backyard. No joke. 

8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

it’s not the first time i’m noticing this, but she’s always front and center in these videos too and doing her own thing (she’s the only one not stoping after the ‘up’ and doing a different pose looking directly into the camera at the end). I will never warm up to her and I hope that now that they have other choices she doesn’t get point just by default.

• Love 10
On 11/21/2018 at 6:29 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Nah don't think so. Vic never gave any indication of wanting to do anything but DCC. 

On 11/21/2018 at 6:45 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I doubt it.  Plan A  - tryout for DCC.  Plan B - tryout for DCC, and so on, and so on.  It will be interesting to see if she doesn't make the squad next year, if she will look into a different Plan B.  And in all honesty, would her mother have been okay with her auditioning for a cruise ship job?

Oh, I don't doubt that DCC is the MAIN plan for Victoria as that has been VERY clear the entire time, but, given the dichotomy in how Victoria and Dayton were treated, I wouldn't be surprised if the three I mentioned didn't believe their own press and think that Victoria should have gotten this because she's SO amazing.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Jenna would do the same thing. Several others as well.

Jenna, another “get over yourself” DCC.

I remember Judy critiquing Gina during TCC for doing an entirely different dance and Gina not taking that well. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

it’s not the first time i’m noticing this, but she’s always front and center in these videos too and doing her own thing (she’s the only one not stoping after the ‘up’ and doing a different pose looking directly into the camera at the end). I will never warm up to her and I hope that now that they have other choices she doesn’t get point just by default.

Always seeing videos of this.  What is this song and why do they sing it?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Also from ShellyB (from the locked Finals, Training Camp and Social Media thread, so not directly quotable) Oct 1:

Thank you! After arriving to the apartment, she met her roommates and some other dancers for different ships. She had an excellent first day - orientation, where they did intros and said something interesting about themselves, learned about the shows and each set, then they were off to rehearsal. She loves her cast members, 5 girls, 5 guys and 3 lead singers. They have 3 - 45 minute shows to learn and they learned one 2 1/2 minute piece today, she said it was very Fosse. Plus she’s singing...it’s backup but, she’s singing! 

Royal Caribbean hires performers as "Singers who can dance" or "Dancers who can sing." Dayton was (presumably) hired as the latter. To most people, the lead is always one of the "Singers who can dance." Being the lead dancer is not being the star of the show, it's more like being the lead background dancer. Still takes a lot of talent to get that spot, especially on your first contract.

Believe Dayton is training for Explorer of the Seas. One of the older ships Royal has, but the newer ships tend to get people who have completed at least one contract. Explorer has one really dance based show, and some original shows; not one of the Royal ships that has a Broadway musical. Training now probably means her cast will replace the current one sometime in mid-January.

Edited by aterjuholmes
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That was hysterical!!!!!!!!  Did you see the poll - 51% more worried for her husband....lol!

You know where I live. I find hillbilly country stuff facinating. Waiting to see an armadillo and a tumblweed. Lol!

• Love 2

Wow I am HERE for DCC costume changes. How many different versions of the uniform can we get?? Why was there no turkey version for Thanksgiving??? Will there be a green version with ornaments and tinsel for a new holiday alternate?! 😂 Forreal though I get weirdly into it when they do different uniforms, I think it’s cute and it must be really fun for the girls!

• Love 4

This is best video I could find and DANG Megan Trainor sounds AWFUL.  Like cannot carry a tune. I'm suprised. Taylor Swift, God love her, sounds better than that live.

Still don't see any of the four on stage with her bc I think they were on the decks most of the time? I dunno. 

• Love 2

Ugh, I'm sorry but those half-time costumes are horrible!!

Who told them that looked good? I know Megan is famous for not kowtowing to "barbie" model types but come on. 

The boots are hideous. They look like SS footwear. 

Plus the no make-up, (or not much of it) really hid the glamazons that we all know and have slight contempt for. :P

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bunny said:

Wow I am HERE for DCC costume changes. How many different versions of the uniform can we get?? Why was there no turkey version for Thanksgiving??? Will there be a green version with ornaments and tinsel for a new holiday alternate?! 😂 Forreal though I get weirdly into it when they do different uniforms, I think it’s cute and it must be really fun for the girls!

Do they still wear the pink costumes for the BC half time show?

This is my opinion on Gina. She is a standout dancer with mad skills, but not the first nor last DCC with those attributes. She came around the time when they "lost" Holly P and Erica who are of the same caliber. Fast forward, now there are a handful of rookies that are just as talented with better facials and showmanship. The only thing Gina has to edge into point is senority.

Please don't retire Lauren!

• Love 10
On 11/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, Roonil Wazlib said:

Hello! Long time lurker here, first time poster. 

I have a huge girl-crush on Lauren. I think she is one of the best dancers on the team, and has the sweetest personality. I would love to see her be point next year! But I'm afraid she might retire.☹️ She'd already been an NFL cheerleader for a couple years  before DCC, so I could see where 4 years would be enough of that for her. She also got engaged recently, and doesn't seem to be a favorite of Judy and Kelli. 

What do y'all think the odds of her retiring are? And what do you think the odds of her getting point are if she stays? Or even in the triangle?

I would rather see Lauren at point than Gina.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, KatieC said:

Oh what fresh hell is this?? They’ll give people seizures with all those blinking lights!

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think think she looks bad or "overweight" (don't see a "muffin top"). She has a stockier body build, so she's never going to look "DCC thin" or like the skinny-minis on the team. In the Christmas costume, she just has her back arched -- making it look like she has a stomach when it's really just the position.

Exactly. Do people actually think that is the normal position of her back? Come on now.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

Oh what fresh hell is this?? They’ll give people seizures with all those blinking lights!

The lights are a bit much for sure!  It looks like for tonight they scrapped the lighted boots part of the space cowboy uniform since they didn’t work too well last night.  

• Love 3