Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Just a friendly reminder, it was Judy who said Jinelle's project a while back was helping to design costumes for the Christmas performances. I think this should be her last year working that particular job for the DCC. 

Yes!  These lighted space cowboy uniforms are atrocious!  They should scrap more than just the lighted boots for their next show. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

it’s not the first time i’m noticing this, but she’s always front and center in these videos too and doing her own thing (she’s the only one not stoping after the ‘up’ and doing a different pose looking directly into the camera at the end). I will never warm up to her and I hope that now that they have other choices she doesn’t get point just by default.

Loooong time lurker.  Honestly this kind of over enthusiastic display reminds me of Kashara “stepping it up” last year. I suspect it will be received similarly 

• Love 5
On 11/12/2018 at 9:35 PM, Jess14 said:

I actually paid attention to the girl's profiles for once. The question about who they said they would want to have dinner with (famous person, dead or alive) is interesting lol.  Some of the responses:  Ashlee (Maya Angelou), Kashara (Dolly Parton), Brennan/Tasha/Vet Rachel (Ellen DeGeneres), Rachel W (Paula Deen....), Bridget (the Dalai Lama), Gina (Jackie O), Khalyn (Snoop Dogg lol), Lauren (Princess Diana), Briana (Oprah, Michelle Obama, or Meghan Markle), Alanna (Elvis).

This is was good reading.. I need to go and look at the others..

On 11/12/2018 at 10:22 PM, rafibomb said:

I'm calling bullshit on Gina's. I'm sure Jackie O was a perfectly pleasant woman, but she was known more for her fashion sense and "class" than her sparkling personality and wit. I'm guessing Gina gave the answer she thought Kelli and Judy wanted to hear. 

and Elvis and Snoop Dogg would in which category.. ROFL !

On 11/14/2018 at 11:03 AM, ElenaFR said:

If had to pick a chef, Anthony Boudain would have been my pick just because of all his travel and world perspective.

I would have picked one (or several) of the chefs from Top Chef... they had a few that are "very good for the eyes"...  :)

{sATL is fanning herself...}

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

This is was good reading.. I need to go and look at the others..

and Elvis and Snoop Dogg would in which category.. ROFL !

Jaclyn Onassis was a well educated woman who was born and breed to marry well. She had little to no charitable ambitions and will always be known for her pink Channel suit (smattered in brains).

Charlotte A Jones has done more with her life and for others than the latter. And I'm no fan.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Has Kelli ever intervened when DCCs are too skinny or is anorexia condoned?

I think there has been only one (at least televised) time that she's intervened when she thought someone's been too skinny.  I seem to remember Kelli turning to Judy and saying something along the lines of "That's the first time we've had to tell someone to go eat a burger" or similar (I know I've forgotten the exact wording).  More often Kelli is on girls to lose weight and, though she always claims she wants them to lose it in a healthy manner, rumor is that all sorts of diet aids are going on behind the scenes.  In at least one case, we heard that the girl was actually starving herself to fit into the uniform then she was cut anyways and was edited to "look" like she was robotic or something similar with her answers.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think there has been only one (at least televised) time that she's intervened when she thought someone's been too skinny.  I seem to remember Kelli turning to Judy and saying something along the lines of "That's the first time we've had to tell someone to go eat a burger" or similar (I know I've forgotten the exact wording).  More often Kelli is on girls to lose weight and, though she always claims she wants them to lose it in a healthy manner, rumor is that all sorts of diet aids are going on behind the scenes.  In at least one case, we heard that the girl was actually starving herself to fit into the uniform then she was cut anyways and was edited to "look" like she was robotic or something similar with her answers.

She expressed some concerns about it with Kelsey Bond in season... 7? She was having all these GI issues and struggling to gain weight.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

There was also a girl who did make the team, Kelsey Bond, and she had some type of surgery or stomach bug and had lost alot of weight and was stating that she was on the mend.  Judy offered that sometimes girls go the other way when they lose alot of weight like that.  Kelli was saying things like "Are you eating healthy? Are you okay? Are you seeing a doctor?"  Pretty girl, but her head was too big for her body until she gained a little bit back.

Edited by Mardo2044
someone posted her name
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

There was also a girl who did make the team, Kelsey Bond, and she had some type of surgery or stomach bug and had lost alot of weight and was stating that she was on the mend.  Judy offered that sometimes girls go the other way when they lose alot of weight like that.  Kelli was saying things like "Are you eating healthy? Are you okay? Are you seeing a doctor?"  Pretty girl, but her head was too big for her body until she gained a little bit back.

IMO. Men (their main "visual" audience) are more attracted to healthy womanly figures like Rachel A, Holly P,  Stephanie, and Alexis.

• Love 3
On 11/22/2018 at 1:15 PM, Holly85 said:

Back up dancers !!! They look great 

E811BBA7-CF35-4DDB-9549-30C015D83E47.jpeg

Do they get to keep the outfits? I would prefer tennis shoes though.. the boots seem a little much ..

3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Jaclyn Onassis was a well educated woman who was born and breed to marry well. She had little to no charitable ambitions and will always be known for her pink Channel suit (smattered in brains).

Charlotte A Jones has done more with her life and for others than the latter. And I'm no fan.

I didn't know Elvis had charitable ambitions... he's a little before my time...

I guess Snoop did something , somewhere along the line..

So the criteria was who would the DCC pick to have dinner with that also had charitable ambitions ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

well, considering she established a charitable foundation and is one of the most recognized First Ladies ever, I would say she will be remembered long after skeletal Charlotte has faded away. 

Thats a huge stretch to say considering her daddy gave her her position and all she has is because of men bashing their skulls in for others' entertainment value. 

Edited by Ninamags
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

Sometimes you can't help how your system will react to surgery.  It doesn't always work the way it is supposed to, or your stomach fills up faster on a small amount of food.  Or you can't eat certain foods like you did before cause it upsets your stomach.  It takes a while to get back to normal, and even then you may have to make changes.  Some of the veterans thought Kelsey might be anorexic - was she throwing up cause she ate something that upset her stomach?  Was she only able to eat half of something cause her stomach got full quickly?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, rafibomb said:

She expressed some concerns about it with Kelsey Bond in season... 7? She was having all these GI issues and struggling to gain weight.

5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

There was also a girl who did make the team, Kelsey Bond, and she had some type of surgery or stomach bug and had lost a lot of weight and was stating that she was on the mend.  Judy offered that sometimes girls go the other way when they lose a lot of weight like that.  Kelli was saying things like "Are you eating healthy? Are you okay? Are you seeing a doctor?"  Pretty girl, but her head was too big for her body until she gained a little bit back.

Thanks for not only mentioning who it was, but which season.  At some point, I'll go back and watch that season and refresh my memory of what exactly happened.

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sometimes you can't help how your system will react to surgery.  It doesn't always work the way it is supposed to, or your stomach fills up faster on a small amount of food.  Or you can't eat certain foods like you did before cause it upsets your stomach.  It takes a while to get back to normal, and even then you may have to make changes.  Some of the veterans thought Kelsey might be anorexic - was she throwing up cause she ate something that upset her stomach?  Was she only able to eat half of something cause her stomach got full quickly?

I like your explanation about this and it's a better thought than the rumors that were likely running rampant in the locker room or at those group meals when Kelsey was in Training Camp.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think think she looks bad or "overweight" (don't see a "muffin top"). She has a stockier body build, so she's never going to look "DCC thin" or like the skinny-minis on the team. In the Christmas costume, she just has her back arched -- making it look like she has a stomach when it's really just the position.

If she is never going to look "DCC thin" then WHY IS SHE A DCC?

Christmas costume = arched back. Pom pic above, she looks huge thick in the middle. 

On 11/23/2018 at 1:51 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

I don't think they met "give it to Dak Prescott", though!

Now I feel stupid because I actually put down my potato masher and ventured into the family room because I enjoyed the show so much!

I liked it also, at least the dancing.  Could not really hear the singing.

22 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

This is my opinion on Gina. She is a standout dancer with mad skills, but not the first nor last DCC with those attributes. She came around the time when they "lost" Holly P and Erica who are of the same caliber. Fast forward, now there are a handful of rookies that are just as talented with better facials and showmanship. The only thing Gina has to edge into point is senority.

Please don't retire Lauren!

I'm wondering what rookies you think of this caliber?  Not arguing, just curious.

As for Maddie...  honestly, people complain that Christina is too athletic and now nitpick Maddie for being "big" or whatever.  I think they both look fine and I like seeing a variety of body types (variety by DCC standards, of course ;) ) 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Thanks for not only mentioning who it was, but which season.  At some point, I'll go back and watch that season and refresh my memory of what exactly happened.

I like your explanation about this and it's a better thought than the rumors that were likely running rampant in the locker room or at those group meals when Kelsey was in Training Camp.

Thank you:)  I had laparascopic surgery to remove my appendix, and I swear, nothing was normal for awhile.  I don't know exactly what happened with Kelsey, but I'm sure she had issues after.

• Love 2
On 11/24/2018 at 5:54 AM, dreamcatcher said:

it’s not the first time i’m noticing this, but she’s always front and center in these videos too and doing her own thing (she’s the only one not stoping after the ‘up’ and doing a different pose looking directly into the camera at the end). I will never warm up to her and I hope that now that they have other choices she doesn’t get point just by default.

I am so not a fan of her

• Love 4
2 hours ago, pisces125 said:

I'm wondering what rookies you think of this caliber?  Not arguing, just curious.

As for Maddie...  honestly, people complain that Christina is too athletic and now nitpick Maddie for being "big" or whatever.  I think they both look fine and I like seeing a variety of body types (variety by DCC standards, of course ;) ) 

Just my opinion. Bridgette, Jayln, Hannah, Daphne, and dark horse Erin.

I would also like to add that Kashara didn't have Gina's training, yet she gets picked for everything time after time. Being well trained does not mean you got what it takes to be a leader.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Just my opinion. Bridgette, Jayln, Hannah, Daphne, and dark horse Erin.

Erin really impressed me when she came back.  Some girls come back to auditions and continue doing what got them cut before.  Erin worked so hard, and had such a presence on the field. 

• Love 8
On 11/25/2018 at 1:15 AM, Loves2Dance said:

Just a friendly reminder, it was Judy who said Jinelle's project a while back was helping to design costumes for the Christmas performances. I think this should be her last year working that particular job for the DCC. 

Yeah, between these Christmas costumes, the cameo shoots, and weight mentoring VK, Jinelle has went 0 for 3 when it comes to her “projects” w/ the DCC.  Lol.  

53 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder why Alanna isn’t in this picture makes me wonder if she isn’t dancing in the Christmas show 

54006650-EDDE-4177-9D29-C164EFA2E2EB.jpeg

Madeline and Rachael look really pretty in that photo.  Gabby looks kind of cute too.  Daphne’s teeth and Brennan’s eyes still freak me out. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

If she is never going to look "DCC thin" then WHY IS SHE A DCC?

Christmas costume = arched back. Pom pic above, she looks huge thick in the middle. 

Because "DCC thin" is a ridiculous standard that very few can achieve & maintain in a healthy manner. I would love to look "huge thick in the middle" like she supposedly does.

• Love 6

I've been thinking about the last girl left from each rookie class since the show began and trying to guess who would be the last left/who will stay the longest from the remaining rookie classes still left on the team. Who does everyone predict will stay the longest for seasons 10-13? I know KaShara is retiring for season 10 but does everyone think Amy will too, or will she be the last of her rookie class? 

1. Brooke Sorenson

2. Ally Traylor

3. Sydney Durso

4. Jackie Bob/Mia Greenhouse

5. Nicole Bulcher

6. Holly Arielle/Angela Rena

7. Jenna Jackson

8. Jinelle Davidson 

9. Lacey Munoz

10. ? 

11. ? 

12. ? 

13. ? 

4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder why Alanna isn’t in this picture makes me wonder if she isn’t dancing in the Christmas show 

54006650-EDDE-4177-9D29-C164EFA2E2EB.jpeg

What an awesome set of rookies.  This group is so amazing!  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Opine said:

What an awesome set of rookies.  This group is so amazing!  

is this a professional pix or from SM  ?Some of their heads (or it is the hair) look big in proportion to their body..

Edited by sATL

I still don't think Gina will be point next season.  She is a fantastic dancer, don't get me wrong, but she does not have the HD friendly face that the point girl needs.  Although....Jenn A was a point girl and she has that same harsh angular look.  So who knows ?? I see her in the triangle but never as point.  

27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I watched Kill Bill yesterday & it finally hit me, from certain angles I think Hannah looks a lot like Uma Thurman!

She does!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I've been thinking about the last girl left from each rookie class since the show began and trying to guess who would be the last left/who will stay the longest from the remaining rookie classes still left on the team. Who does everyone predict will stay the longest for seasons 10-13? I know KaShara is retiring for season 10 but does everyone think Amy will too, or will she be the last of her rookie class? 

1. Brooke Sorenson

2. Ally Traylor

3. Sydney Durso

5. Nicole Bulcher

7. Jenna Jackson

8. Jinelle Davidson 

9. Lacey Munoz

10. ? 

11. ? 

12. ? 

13. ? 

I think Amy will retire after this season.  so season 10...I put KaShara and Amy.  11:  I could see  Maddie, Kelli, Yuko, and Jessika staying for 4 years.  I don't see any from season 11 staying 5 years. 12: Gina is the only one I see potentially staying 4-5 years.  13:  I think there is potential here for several 3-4 year people... but I don't see any 5 years.  I think Rachel Wyatt and possibly Madeline M, will leave after this season.  JUST MY OPINION :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2018 at 2:51 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

I don't think they met "give it to Dak Prescott", though!

Now I feel stupid because I actually put down my potato masher and ventured into the family room because I enjoyed the show so much!

I enjoyed the show as well :) 

On 11/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, Roonil Wazlib said:

Hello! Long time lurker here, first time poster. 

I have a huge girl-crush on Lauren. I think she is one of the best dancers on the team, and has the sweetest personality. I would love to see her be point next year! But I'm afraid she might retire.☹️ She'd already been an NFL cheerleader for a couple years  before DCC, so I could see where 4 years would be enough of that for her. She also got engaged recently, and doesn't seem to be a favorite of Judy and Kelli. 

What do y'all think the odds of her retiring are? And what do you think the odds of her getting point are if she stays? Or even in the triangle?

I think if she stays, she has a good shot at point...she is one of my FAVES!!!  However, just like you said, she has now cheered for 4 years in the NFL and I think she will probably retire.  

On 11/24/2018 at 12:08 AM, sleepyjean said:

Pics from halftime. Looks like the entire rest of the squad was more visible than the four chosen to dance backup. At least the DCC in uniform were on raised platforms. The chosen four were at the back behind all the other backup dancers.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/meghan-trainor-salvation-army-red-kettle-campaign#79596b65-8df8-44a8-a06f-a4919543d5ff

sauzaimalqzd6m5pwmfi.jpg

The girls in the regular DCC outfit were definitely easier to see...the four chosen, just blended in with the other back up dancers. I had a hard time picking them out....

On 11/24/2018 at 10:55 PM, KatieC said:

Me too!  She is one of my favorites. I really hope she doesn’t retire!  

Agreed!!!  She is beautiful,  a super strong dancer and has the BEST personality!!!

On 11/24/2018 at 10:45 PM, hannahbanana said:

I don't think think she looks bad or "overweight" (don't see a "muffin top"). She has a stockier body build, so she's never going to look "DCC thin" or like the skinny-minis on the team. In the Christmas costume, she just has her back arched -- making it look like she has a stomach when it's really just the position.

Exactly..she doesn't have big waist definition (I'm the same way) so it makes her look thick...when in reality she's probably like a size 4-6.  I wish i was STOCKY like her :) She looks great in the uniform...she is a hell of a dancer...and she is healthy.  I will take a whole DCC squad of girls like her versus a squad full of Christinas or Ginas who are too damn thin.  If I can see your rib cage, then you need to eat a burger and i find that completely unappealing.  

On 11/22/2018 at 1:10 PM, MssdDrms said:

Gina doesn’t have the face for point.  She scrunches her eyes together too much.

agreed

On 11/22/2018 at 4:23 PM, Holly85 said:

I think so to 

I think she may be a second GL but I don't think she will be a First Leader.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Because "DCC thin" is a ridiculous standard that very few can achieve & maintain in a healthy manner. I would love to look "huge thick in the middle" like she supposedly does.

I have never agreed with anything more than I agree with this statement!!

It is so frustrating that so many people harp on these young ladies because they don't fit a "standard" body type.  Maddie looks as good if not better in the uniform than several.  She has a thick waist...well hell...so do I...and I have a TRUE muffin top if someone wants to see what muffin top looks like...my point is she is healthy looking...let her be!  Let the other girls with fuller hips be...Miranda, Kash, Tasha, Khalyn (yes even she has curvier hips and i LOVE her).  These girls are beautiful as they are.  The only time they need to be concerned with their weight, is if the uniform stops fitting and they want to stay on the squad.  

This is why so many girls have eating issues and body image issues.  And I feel the warning coming already, so be it....but as a nurse who has dealt with kids and body image issues, who has a sister who STARVED herself to meet a certain "standard", I'm a little sensitive to this.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 17

Isn't it healthy for a woman, esp close to period time (or post menopausal) , to have a little muffin top, or bulge somewhere ?  It mean to be completely flat and tight from rib cage all the way down to pubic area, just seems like an impossible feat - every day of the month.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Exactly..she doesn't have big waist definition (I'm the same way) so it makes her look thick...when in reality she's probably like a size 4-6.  I wish i was STOCKY like her :) She looks great in the uniform...she is a hell of a dancer...and she is healthy.  I will take a whole DCC squad of girls like her versus a squad full of Christinas or Ginas who are too damn thin.  If I can see your rib cage, then you need to eat a burger and i find that completely unappealing.  

Some of that is build as well though. I have a prominent rib cage that's visible even as a size 8/10, and I definitely do not need to eat any (additional) burgers. 

• Love 5

My waist doesn't curve in at all.  Even when I was down to a size 2, I always looked "thick" on pictures because of it.  I think Maddie looks thicker than she really is when she's pictured with the smaller or more toned girls, by herself IMO she looks fine.

• Love 2

It seems like every day someone posts that Gina will be point.  Then a large number chime in agreeing that she probably will be but also saying that they don't want her.  That's something we should do a poll about!  (And if I wasn't at work, I would try to figure out how to do it).  Maybe if someone like Lauren, Lexie or Kelli won the poll and they heard about it, we could stop them from retiring!

• Love 5

Who else even is there for point?

Lauren - gorgeous and great body, but I'm not sure if she's a powerhouse dancer.

Kelli - powerhouse, but also looks older and is a little short for point

Lexie - wedding is during interviews so 10/10 probably retiring

Alexis - has the look, but is also not the strongest dancer. She's pretty far back in the triangle for a second year which says her dance ability isn't the greatest

Miranda - possibly retiring and is not the strongest dancer

Khalyn would be a great choice, but I feel like she's probably retiring?

Maddie - if not retiring I would say they would probably put her up front considering her position in the triangle right now but she's probably retiring

Tasha - rumored retiring but also not a favorite for point

I'm not counting Jessika, Christina, Savannah, or Yuko cause those are obvious no's 

Molly - gorgeous girl, but blends

Rachel - struggles with weight, probably will retire this year if not then I don't see her moving that far up in the triangle either

Heather - gorgeous, might be retiring. I could see her in the triangle but not at point

Tess - blender

Amy L - retiring most likely? Not a powerhouse but possible to be in the triangle

They're not going to put a second year at point so all the rookies on show group this year are out of the running.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

1. Brooke Sorenson

2. Ally Traylor

3. Sydney Durso

5. Nicole Bulcher

7. Jenna Jackson

8. Jinelle Davidson 

9. Lacey Munoz

10. ? 

11. ? 

12. ?