Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I have known people that feel their wedding is a once in a lifetime "event" and do not want "work" to interfere with the celebration of this event.

Yeah, I seriously don't get this.

38 minutes ago, LynneH said:

For me, the wedding was just the starting off point of my marriage.  Mine, family and fiancé, work schedules were the priority, wedding was worked around work schedules and family. 

Exactly how I was.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I seriously don't get this.

Exactly how I was.

Regardless of if you see your wedding as an “event” or a “small gathering”, I see no problem with not wanting to be at the every whim of the DCC organization while planning a wedding and starting a marriage. 

I think it’s assumed that they will retire because it makes a lot of logistical sense. No reason someone couldn’t do both, but it seems hard and unnecessary, especially if you are in your early or mid 20’s, what’s the hurry? You definitly can’t be pregnant and a dcc(for more than maayyybe 12 weeks), so might as well just finish cheering, then get married, it just sounds like way less of a headache. 

If they f’d over Lexie and her bridal party just by changing the date, that would be seriously f’d up, because it does seem like she planned it around the usual date of tryouts, but who knows, maybe she was always planning to retire. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Regardless of if you see your wedding as an “event” or a “small gathering”, I see no problem with not wanting to be at the every whim of the DCC organization while planning a wedding and starting a marriage. 

Personally I wouldn't want to be at the whim of any organization as far as my personal life goes.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Personally I wouldn't want to be at the whim of any organization as far as my personal life goes.

True! That’s really the only reason I’m not a dcc myself. Well, that, the cookies I love, the fact that I haven’t taken  a dance class since 6th grade (level 1 ballet) and I’m not flexible :-D :-D 

• Love 11

I wonder if the DCC girls are under extra scrutiny with their weddings? There is so much emphasis on superficial perfection with DCC that I imagine every aspect of a wedding, the showers and the gifts, are analyzed and discussed by the squad. I don’t know, they seem like a judgemental group of girls if someone doesn’t measure up to their standard, but that’s just my view. 

I could see  a DCC wedding being extra pressured to be perfect, at least for some girls, instead of a celebration of love and creating a new family. 

16 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

True! That’s really the only reason I’m not a dcc myself. Well, that, the cookies I love, the fact that I haven’t taken  a dance class since 6th grade (level 1 ballet) and I’m not flexible :-D :-D 

And is your bod DCC ready for the uniform?  Cookies can be substituted for poms you know.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Me too, except for the fact that I'm fat, and can't dance. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, KatieLen said:

Honestly, that solo picture of Alexis is terrible. Mid "prune" definitely

I actually didn’t like the photo shoot of these girls. They look miserable and it’s not a DCC look for me. I don’t care for the clothing either. 

• Love 15
On 11/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Did anyone else see the Nike ad with Christina and Alexis that was posted on the DCC insta stories?

Yes I saw it and dislike it. I don’t like the clothing or the looks of the girls. 

• Love 6

While the audition dates have been posted on the DCC website (thank you to whoever posted that), not everything is updated and people can't submit a completed application yet.  Essentially, one would still have to wait until everything is up and running.

3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Those pictures of Alexis and Christina make them look awful. Christina’s pose made me laugh out loud. Is this Tough Prune? 

So many questions! Why so dark!? Why so blue!? Why is Christina holding the hood in every photo? These are just weird. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Those pictures of Alexis and Christina make them look awful. Christina’s pose made me laugh out loud. Is this Tough Prune? 

I think it reflects the person I’ve always seen her being from the show.I remember when she looked like a deer in headlights when Judy said “your kick technique is WRONG!” She just sounded so desperate when she got cut that year, but she barelt raised  any sympathy or caring in me.

I don’t know her at all and I’m only talking about the way she seems on the show and now she seems unreasonably haughty for an average girl. I don’t know why she’s in an ad campaign expect for her look of blank disdain. 

Edit to add - if only she had bikini bottoms to pull down with her thumb like in the bathing suits. That was super classy. (Sarcasm)

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5

Ugh hideous shirts. Christina has to be one of the thinnest if not the thinnest and she looks fat in that last shot. I'm guessing that is why they picked them. Alexis is gorgeous and Christina has a great figure. But if those two can't pull it off...

Edited by KTUCKER20
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL now that you mention it, on the 3rd picture it looks like Christina is making a fist and is about to punch the photographer

The first shot is almost the same. Now I see why Kelli always says just a smile is the best expression for these girls. 

1 hour ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Ugh hideous shirts. Christina has to be one of the thinnest if not the thinnest and she looks fat in that last shot. I'm guessing that is why they picked them. Alexis is gorgeous and Christina has a great figure. But if those two can't pull it off...

They aren’t models but I think it’s what the photographer wanted? It’s not working though. These girls can’t convey Street tough if that’s what he wanted.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I didn't want to say it, but neither Christina nor Alexis look good in those shots.  Alexis is usually GORGEOUS and photographs like a dream, but the direction for those shots makes her look average, bored and over it already.  And PLEASE shut your mouth in that second picture Alexis, it takes away a lot of your prettiness.  Christina was never my favorite looks wise and that's aside from everything else.  In those pictures, she looks like she's trying to be tough and mean which is probably not the look she's going for.  It was probably the direction, but it doesn't work for these shots.  Better lighting (less moody and dark) and possibly action shots would have worked better for what they were doing, even if it was just them walking down the street.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Better lighting (less moody and dark) and possibly action shots would have worked better for what they were doing, even if it was just them walking down the street.

I actually wondered what Kalyssa would have done if presented with this ad proposal.  

8 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Turned it down...too many clothes required. ?

I’m no Kalyssa fan but in this case, removing the clothing would have helped.  Those sweatshirts are fugly! 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 7

Do we know who is choosing these photos? All the photos from the bikini shoot to the cameos to these are generally bad pictures of pretty and some beautiful girls. I don’t understand how these issues with photos happen so consistently. It’s almost intentionally making the girls look bad instead of their best.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, rose711 said:

Do we know who is choosing these photos? All the photos from the bikini shoot to the cameos to these are generally bad pictures of pretty and some beautiful girls. I don’t understand how these issues with photos happen so consistently. It’s almost intentionally making the girls look bad instead of their best.

This!!! What is going on over there?!

9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I actually wondered what Kalyssa would have done if presented with this ad proposal.  

Lmao honestly she would have done a better job. She may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the girl does have presence in front of a camera!

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, bunny said:

This!!! What is going on over there?!

Lmao honestly she would have done a better job. She may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the girl does have presence in front of a camera!

For some reason, women who are modeling active wear are not allowed to smile.  They are serious about their workouts.  I think that is what the photographer wanted to convey.  I think if he had just told the girls to smile, have fun - it may have turned out differently.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

Do we know who is choosing these photos? All the photos from the bikini shoot to the cameos to these are generally bad pictures of pretty and some beautiful girls. I don’t understand how these issues with photos happen so consistently. It’s almost intentionally making the girls look bad instead of their best.

Mostly, it’s that these girls are DCC pretty (above-average cute, super thin but muscular, happy and peppy and generally adorable), but they aren’t editorial pretty (which is a harsher look sometimes with odd or non traditionally beautiful features) . Alexis is drop dead gorgeous, but is not editoral. I also happen to like Christina (sorry everyone!) and she’s closer with her angular face and impossible sliminess, but clearly hasn’t been trained.  Being a fashion model and being a rediulcously beautiful woman and killer dancer are NOT the same thing.  If you are going to hire DCC to model, let them be their sexy, pretty selves and don’t make them try to be bad ass fashion models

Edited by WinkyFace
Quote didn’t work
  • Love 10

I just watched Victorias Insta post of her latest Lyrical...she looks good...if im gonna give her shit for gaining weight, then i sure can give her props for working hard to get healthier. I do think she is a good dancer. If she tries out next year, she will probably make the team. I dont know anything about her personality. Changing your weight and updating dance techniques are quicker and easier to fix than personality...

• Love 4
On 11/16/2018 at 2:55 AM, Lona said:

1. Love your username lol

2.  Not necessarily directed only to you, but I have been wondering why many don't seem to take to Jessika. Is it because she is a blender? Or is there another reason I've missed lol.

I didn't have a strong opinion on Jessika until I watched her botched interview and the pass she seemed to get. She's not a stand out beauty and isn't a powerhouse dancer, so the favoritism there just doesn't make sense to me. 

On 11/16/2018 at 1:20 AM, MyFavShows said:

All 4 of those photos are terrible IMO.  They look like they are ill or something.  Considering how attractive they both are, it’s pretty interesting how they somehow made them look bad.

I agree! It's like they're trying to look hard but aren't? I don't know why Nike approved those shots, they're not flattering to the girls or their product. 

On 11/16/2018 at 2:13 PM, MrsEVH said:

There's been quite a few since the 2005 show. 

Some only stay a year and choose not to re audition (Yoshiko, Gina B, Natalie W, Loni L, Candace C, Stefani P, Vanessa J, Amber Lea, Stephanie H, Emily Claire,  Mandy)

Some do come back for a 2nd but get cut (Melissa, R, Deanna H, Kristin H, Dulce R, Kelli Jo, Lauren C, Olivia S, Cassie K, Jenna, Kamilah, Alyssa T, Meagan M, Kali, Collin, Teri, Courtni Shea, Morgan, Ashley Pro, Breelan, Kat, Allie)

Some leave after a year but then come back after 2 or 3 years (Carrie Stillwell). Some we just don't know why they didn't audition after a year (Kaitlyn La Rae).

Also the ones who didn't make a full year (Alexandria, Kalyssa)  or got cut near the end or the season (Jennifer McMahon).

MRS didn't get cut, she quit. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

MRS didn't get cut, she quit

I meant Melissa Rutigliano (sp?)  from the 2005 show. They called her Jersey girl. She and Deanna Hernandez both were cut in season 1 (2006) for weight gain.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

I think the idea by retiring to get married as you make bigger more important decisions in life, you start to realize the super strict DCC is kind of dumb.

Someone said it above, but these girls get something like a three week window where DCC does not control their lives. In any sort of normal environment, you could get married in June and your boss would give you and your co-worker who is your bridesmaid the day off.

I remember when Mackenzie got married, and Brittany Schram was posting from the plane the day of the wedding. She was a bridesmaid, missed the rehearsal dinner, and had to stay in Dallas for a regular old practice that night. Not a game, practice.

after a while, you probably get over life’s moments being interrupted by these petty power trip moments. Schram was an established veteran — you can give her the night off, and if people ask, you tell them exactly why.

• Love 12

Just weighing in with my thoughts regarding some of the rookies and vets. Some of these may be unpopular opinions!!

Gabby-- she has definitely not gotten enough screen time. She was one of my favorites from auditions. She has a more unique look than some of the other girls. Sorry to hear she might be on WW already. 

Madeline-- i'm definitely getting the mean girl vibe from her.  I know it's already been discussed but moving the locker is really rude. If I had been next to her that would've hurt my feelings.The fact that she didn't understand how that would make someone else feel bothered me a lot. For some reason she just doesn't photograph as well as she ought to considering how pretty she is. I personally think she's in it for the contacts/recognition 

Rachel W-- she seems to have her own opinions which may not be conducive to being a long-term DCC. They are sending her out on a lot of appearances so they must really like her.

Cianna-- I've seen pictures of her with straight hair and I personally think she looks a lot better with the straight hair rather than the curly hair. For some reason Kelli really likes that look  and loves to have one or two girls with curly hair (Courtney Cook etc). Her curly hair ages her. Another one that looks old is  Kelli Q

Jalynn--One of my favorites from auditions--really a powerhouse dancer. She doesn't seem to have come from as privileged a background of some of the other girls so good for her. 

Alanna and another brunette(?) I still can't tell them apart. 

Bridget-- A real girl next-door kind of look. I hope she sticks around for a while-she's adorable 

Brennan--I have respect for her persistence but don't think she has the DCC look at all. Maddie from Utah--same thing. In my wildest dreams I would not have ever expected her to be in the triangle or for Brennan to make the team. At least other weak dancers in the past were beautiful (Ashley Pro)

Erin--she made the team the old-fashioned way. She realized that she didn't have enough technique and power, and she went out and took more classes and came back much better. Good for her. 

Caroline-- still haven't made up my mind about her. I really didn't think she had the DCC look (no upper lip/big forehead) However some recent pictures I've seen of her she looks a lot better. 

vet Jessika--She gets a lot of hate. Maybe she deserves it I don't know. However I think most guys would probably find her very attractive; that's why they keep her on the squad

Yuko is so cute. I think they'll keep her as long as she wants to stay. Some guys really just go for Asian girls.

Christina--definitely a butter face. Never have seen her appeal

Jinelle--she fills in so often it's almost like she's still on the squad.  Her look has improved over the years. I still don't think that she photographs as well as some of the other girls but she definitely has the real heart and soul of a DCC so she has won me over.  Her lean body type is what they're looking for now. It's really hard for most women to achieve that. I think this year's rookie class came in very lean and disciplined.  There are a lot of DCC in the past who were very good who wouldn't be chosen now because they cannot get the lean look. 

Kashara-- she has really been made over since her rookie year when she was slightly pudgy (for a DCC) to someone who is confident and glamorous. However she reminds me a lot of former DCC Kandi Harris who also had a lot of pop and power. However Kandi was never at the point of the triangle because there were other girls who were better dancers than she was.  This to me just shows a bit of how different the DCC is now from the first five or six seasons when they had a lot of powerhouse girls. By putting Kashara at point for two years TPTB are saying that she is the best they have which is too bad. 

Gina--She wants point really badly. I don't think she can photograph well enough to get that spot but she is going to kill herself trying for it. 

Khalyn--probably the most attractive girl on the squad--off the charts gorgeous. She looks mad all the time though

Tara--please get your mojo back and re audition 

Lexie-what's under all that makeup?? Yikes 

Alexis--really beautiful more naturally beautiful than most women

Lacey--really beautiful and classy. Has always stayed out of the drama. No more Botox, fillers or plastic surgery please--you are way too young for all that 

Vets Rachel & Molly are way back in the triangle Get better or retire before you are cut 

Tess--does not seem confident but anxious all the time. Does not photograph well Is this the best we can do for next year's leadership??

K and J need to figure out how to keep the better girls for more than one or two years. It is almost impossible for girls now to work full time and do DCC. Paying them a living wage which they deserve would allow them to stay longer. Erica said she made about $15000 her last full year when she was an assistant group leader and between practices, appearances, show group, and teaching you know she worked 40+ hrs per week. You cannot pay your rent with a pair of UGG boots (their Christmas present one year). Advocating for fair pay for work done is a no brainer. Men would not even debate this point. Has anyone ever heard a man say he got paid too much for work done?? Between the low pay and constant fear of being cut now ( as a vet) it's no wonder girls are on edge all the time (vet Miranda for example) and get out as soon as they can. 

I can see them having several second years as assistant group leaders next year and/or new group leaders as so many experienced girls are retiring. A real lack of leadership IMO

Sorry for the long post!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Middlemom said:

Just weighing in with my thoughts regarding some of the rookies and vets. Some of these may be unpopular opinions!!

Gabby-- she has definitely not gotten enough screen time. She was one of my favorites from auditions. She has a more unique look than some of the other girls. Sorry to hear she might be on WW already. 

Madeline-- i'm definitely getting the mean girl vibe from her.  I know it's already been discussed but moving the locker is really rude. If I had been next to her that would've hurt my feelings.The fact that she didn't understand how that would make someone else feel bothered me a lot. For some reason she just doesn't photograph as well as she ought to considering how pretty she is. I personally think she's in it for the contacts/recognition 

Rachel W-- she seems to have her own opinions which may not be conducive to being a long-term DCC. They are sending her out on a lot of appearances so they must really like her.

Cianna-- I've seen pictures of her with straight hair and I personally think she looks a lot better with the straight hair rather than the curly hair. For some reason Kelli really likes that look  and loves to have one or two girls with curly hair (Courtney Cook etc). Her curly hair ages her. Another one that looks old is  Kelli Q

Jalynn--One of my favorites from auditions--really a powerhouse dancer. She doesn't seem to have come from as privileged a background of some of the other girls so good for her. 

Bridget-- A real girl next-door kind of look. I hope she sticks around for a while-she's adorable 

Brennan--I have respect for her persistence but don't think she has the DCC look at all. Maddie from Utah--same thing. In my wildest dreams I would not have ever expected her to be in the triangle or for Brennan to make the team. At least other weak dancers in the past were beautiful (Ashley Pro)

Erin--she made the team the old-fashioned way. She realized that she didn't have enough technique and power, and she went out and took more classes and came back much better. Good for her. 

Caroline-- still haven't made up my mind about her. I really didn't think she had the DCC look (no upper lip/big forehead) However some recent pictures I've seen of her she looks a lot better. 

vet Jessika--She gets a lot of hate. Maybe she deserves it I don't know. However I think most guys would probably find her very attractive; that's why they keep her on the squad

Yuko is so cute. I think they'll keep her as long as she wants to stay. Some guys really just go for Asian girls.

Jinelle--she fills in so often it's almost like she's still on the squad.  Her look has improved over the years. I still don't think that she photographs as well as some of the other girls but she definitely has the real heart and soul of a DCC so she has won me over.  Her lean body type is what they're looking for now. It's really hard for most women to achieve that. I think this year's rookie class came in very lean and disciplined.  There are a lot of DCC in the past who were very good who wouldn't be chosen now because they cannot get the lean look. 

Kashara-- she has really been made over since her rookie year when she was slightly pudgy (for a DCC) to someone who is confident and glamorous. However she reminds me a lot of former DCC Kandi Harris who also had a lot of pop and power. However Kandi was never at the point of the triangle because there were other girls who were better dancers than she was.  This to me just shows a bit of how different the DCC is now from the first five or six seasons when they had a lot of powerhouse girls. By putting Kashara at point for two years TPTB are saying that she is the best they have which is too bad. 

Gina--She wants point really badly. I don't think she can photograph well enough to get that spot but she is going to kill herself trying for it. 

Khalyn--probably the most attractive girl on the squad--off the charts gorgeous. She looks mad all the time though

Lacey--really beautiful and classy. Has always stayed out of the drama. No more Botox, fillers or plastic surgery please--you are way too young for all that 

Vets Rachel & Molly are way back in the triangle Get better or retire before you are cut 

Tess--does not seem confident but anxious all the time. Does not photograph well Is this the best we can do for next year's leadership??

K and J need to figure out how to keep the better girls for more than one or two years. It is almost impossible for girls now to work full time and do DCC. Paying them a living wage which they deserve would allow them to stay longer. Erica said she made about $15000 her last full year when she was an assistant group leader and between practices, appearances, show group, and teaching you know she worked 40+ hrs per week. You cannot pay your rent with a pair of UGG boots (their Christmas present one year). Advocating for fair pay for work done is a no brainer. Men would not even debate this point. Has anyone ever heard a man say he got paid too much for work done?? Between the low pay and constant fear of being cut now ( as a vet) it's no wonder girls are on edge all the time (vet Miranda for example) and get out as soon as they can. 

I can see them having several second years as assistant group leaders next year and/or new group leaders as so many experienced girls are retiring. A real lack of leadership IMO

I agree that they don’t seem to value seniority enough and I’m not sure why.  I also agree that they seem to be going much more for appearance on the big screen over powerhouse dancers.

Maybe they made a good decision with that because the big screen is where the girls are really obvious. How many people in the stands are judging the quality of dancing outside some obvious error?

After this year when Kelli mentioned that they have like 10 home games, I started to understand that dancing at the games is only one aspect of the cheerleaders and maybe their personal appearance and public/media  presence are more important than dancing.

It may just be that they had a lot of stronger dancers this year though.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Her lean body type is what they're looking for now.

Rose didn't say it but I quoted it from her post.

I think the huge HDD screen comes into play more now.

1 hour ago, Middlemom said:

She is such a good dancer she doesn't have to try very hard.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Rose didn't say it but I quoted it from her post.

I think the huge HDD screen comes into play more now.

She is such a good dancer she doesn't have to try very hard.

Yes, it seems that over the years that huge 60 yard screen is the main judge, Charlotte said once it’s maybe the only judge.  I think really Judy on her own could pick the team from finals after seeing them on the screen performing the combo and kicks.  She might miss the rare girl who moves her way up through her training camp performance, but I think she knows right away who she wants on the team. She’s patient about it and she seems like she can work with anyone, but she has a sense of who can improve enough to make the team and who can’t. 

I think Gina could be point if they were willing to put Maddie in the triangle. Guess we will see.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Middlemom said:

First off, MiddleMom, I love the summary.  It’s interesting to see all of someone’s opinions in one post.

Second, Rachel W is on a mission.  Her personal twitter posts, to me, indicate a woman interested in becoming a young Christian Conservative opinion leader.  Does she genuinely love dance and her teammates?  I bet she does.   At the same time she’s on a journey and this stop is two years tops unless she is unable to breakthrough to greater prominence closer to her community of interest.

2 hours ago, rose711 said:

Another one that looks old is  Kelli Q

Totally this!  I can’t recall if it was Christina who mentioned it on the podcast, but she said there was someone older than she on the team, and it seems like it’s Kelli.  [edited] Did some Google searches.  It looks like she’s 31.  I think her eyes look older.  They’re wise eyes.  

4 hours ago, Middlemom said:

Amen.  Looking at the video montage from the season finale featuring rookie shots and pictures of her and her sister at the latter’s wedding, Lacey has chosen smart aesthetic intervention.  She’s perfect now.  She needs nothing more.  Can’t wait to see what she does next.

Edited by DCCFan197605
More information found after posting.
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Middlemom said:

This feedback is hard to read.  I adore Brennan and Maddie.  Their additions to the team demonstrate that K & J value more than perfect technique and beauty.  

I imagine K&J noticed the MTP fan love for Brennan.  Also, they understand that she truly appreciates the opportunity and provides a great deal of maturity to the team.  It is clear to me that Lily is not on this team because they wanted to make way for Brennan.  I hurt for Lily, but am thrilled that Brennan earned her spot.  

Maddie seems like a genuinely good person and while she’s not gorgeous, she’s a cute, dynamic dancer.  I love that she made the triangle.  If I being honest, I wish Lacey was upfront.  I adore me some KaShara, but I think Lacey deserves to be at point.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Rachel W is on a mission.  Her personal twitter posts, to me, indicate a woman interested in becoming a young Christian Conservative opinion leader.  Does she genuinely love dance and her teammates?  I bet she does.   At the same time she’s on a journey and this stop is two years tops unless she is unable to breakthrough to greater prominence closer to her community of interest.

DCC & Christian Conservative opinion leader just don't go together with me. Maybe I'm thinking too conservative, but when I think of Christian Conservative I would think they would view the DCC as scandalous.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I think really Judy on her own could pick the team from finals after seeing them on the screen performing the combo and kicks.  She might miss the rare girl who moves her way up through her training camp performance, but I think she knows right away who she wants on the team. She’s patient about it and she seems like she can work with anyone, but she has a sense of who can improve enough to make the team and who can’t. 

Looking at the HBO Hard Knocks Judy footage, I suspect you’re right.  It was a treat to see her yelling at everyone.  (Also, loved seeing young Cassie).  I would love to see Judy’s roster from finals to the end.  The stickers applied to the photos show only a point in time.  I’d love to see their rosters evolve over time and Judy’s in particular.

Sixteen years have taken their toll.  Judy’s  edit this season makes her appear reflective and quiet.  K&J’s declining testosterone has not served the pair well.  They seem more forgiving and patient than they used to be.  I was so happy to see their snarky sides come out when parodying Rachel W’s entrance.  That said, seeing both of them struggle with Legacy cuts showed their humanity.   Kelli’s face with Victoria was heartbreaking.

Back to the point, I think I’ve been discounting Judy all this time and I have developed a great respect for her after reviewing a lot of tape and reading this board’s comments.

Edited by DCCFan197605
Grammar
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Middlemom said:

How do you feel about Rookie Daphne? I think she's gorgeous, but worried she'll blend as "just another blonde" DCC. The other brunette Rookie is Amber. I think she's pretty, too; but it's a little ironic that people keep getting her and Alanna mixed up.

Edited by Muckypup61
Left out a sentence
7 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

How do you feel about Rookie Daphne? I think she's gorgeous, but worried she'll blend as "just another blonde" DCC. 

Sorry I forgot about Daphne. She didn't get much attention on the show this year. She reminds me a lot of former DCC Hannah. She seems like s very solid dancer. She needs to glam up a little. She has that fine thin hair that doesn't seem to be doing much for her yet. Hopefully she will figure out her look and be able to stay for several years. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

Sorry I forgot about Daphne. She didn't get much attention on the show this year. She reminds me a lot of former DCC Hannah. She seems like s very solid dancer. She needs to glam up a little. She has that fine thin hair that doesn't seem to be doing much for her yet. Hopefully she will figure out her look and be able to stay for several years. 

You didn't mention Ashley and Briana....

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

This feedback is hard to read.  I adore Brennan and Maddie.  Their additions to the team demonstrate that K & J value more than perfect technique and beauty.  

I imagine K&J noticed the MTP fan love for Brennan.  Also, they understand that she truly appreciates the opportunity and provides a great deal of maturity to the team.  It is clear to me that Lily is not on this team because they wanted to make way for Brennan.  I hurt for Lily, but am thrilled that Brennan earned her spot.  

Maddie seems like a genuinely good person and while she’s not gorgeous, she’s a cute, dynamic dancer.  I love that she made the triangle.  If I being honest, I wish Lacey was upfront.  I adore me some KaShara, but I think Lacey deserves to be at point.

Frankly, I don't think that anyone needed to be cut to make room for Brennan.  She earned that spot on her own.  If anything, EVERYONE (except for maybe Lacey, KaShara, and Gina) in that room was at risk for being cut if it meant making room for Victoria on the squad.  However, I don't think they should have cut Lily though I don't know who would have been cut in her place.  I do think they shouldn't have cut Tara and if they absolutely HAD to cut a veteran, why couldn't they have cut Christina or Savannah?  Heck, if both had been cut then Tara and Lily wouldn't have had to be cut.  Still, even if both Christina and Savannah had been cut, then Victoria and Malena would have been in and Lily STILL would have been cut.

As for Lacey being point, while she's a great dancer and the most senior vet on the squad, the time for her to get point was last year.  I seriously doubt that Kelli and Judy would take point away from KaShara when she hasn't done anything to lose it and even they said she earned it for the second year in a row.  From what we heard, Lacey thought that Jenna had point in the bag so didn't really do anything other than what she was doing while KaShara was busy working her butt off as 2nd Group Leader, doing Erica's work on top of that and a few other things as well.  If I remember correctly, when Lacey realized there was a chance she could get point after all, it was too late and KaShara was given the honor instead.

3 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Looking at the HBO Hard Knocks Judy footage, I suspect you’re right.  It was a treat to see her yelling at everyone.  (Also, loved seeing young Cassie).  I would love to see Judy’s roster from finals to the end.  The stickers applied to the photos show only a point in time.  I’d love to see their rosters evolve over time and Judy’s in particular.

Sixteen years have taken their toll.  Judy’s  edit this season makes her appear reflective and quiet.  K&J’s declining testosterone has not served the pair well.  They seem more forgiving and patient than they used to be.  I was so happy to see their snarky sides come out when parodying Rachel W’s entrance.  That said, seeing both of them struggle with Legacy cuts showed their humanity.   Kelli’s face with Victoria was heartbreaking.

Back to the point, I think I’ve been discounting Judy all this time and I have developed a great respect for her after reviewing a lot of tape and reading this board’s comments.

I would have LOVED to see Judy's roster EVERY year at every point it mattered from Finals to when the team was announced since the show started.  There would be names we aren't surprised at and some we would be shocked at, but she certainly has an eye for the girls who have both the looks and the talent to back it up and wouldn't give a weak dancer a spot on the squad because she has a sob story or because she's pretty.  If those girls are so lucky as to make the team, most become one-and-done's, never to return.  Sadly, those girls are the ones KELLI picks (with a bit of help from Charlotte), not Judy.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Frankly, I don't think that anyone needed to be cut to make room for Brennan.  She earned that spot on her own.  If anything, EVERYONE (except for maybe Lacey, KaShara, and Gina) in that room was at risk for being cut if it meant making room for Victoria on the squad.  However, I don't think they should have cut Lily though I don't know who would have been cut in her place.  I do think they shouldn't have cut Tara and if they absolutely HAD to cut a veteran, why couldn't they have cut Christina or Savannah?  Heck, if both had been cut then Tara and Lily wouldn't have had to be cut.  Still, even if both Christina and Savannah had been cut, then Victoria and Malena would have been in and Lily STILL would have been cut.

Loved your point about Brennan and agree 100%. Go Brennan!

The Victoria plot line this whole season definitely left me irked, and I think I've come to the realization that what you've said about them being prepared to cut anyone except those three is true, and that makes me sad, mad, frustrated and dissapointed at the same time....especially since the person that would've benefited from it would've been Victoria.

As for Christina and Savannah, I dunno. I do remember reading something on the forum (I think it was JohnGalt who said it) about Christina being very well-received in the locker room. As for Savannah, isn't she "Rookie of the Year"? I know the news itself wasn't received that warmly when it came through (I believe the forum went mild at best), but she must've been doing something right.

Edited by Lona
  • Love 5