Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

Oh wow, this generation is so funny

Oh snap the Shade is alive and well hahah

Am I the only one going to be Shocked if K&J send Jinelle to the ProBowl and have us all shock...

That would be a total shocker if they do 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2018 at 5:05 PM, Newmanbritt said:

Me too!!! I just saw an article that Bridget did her cause on autism for her brother. My nephew has autism so that hits home for me. I can only imagine how the other girls’s causes and their stories will be touching soooo many peoples hearts. Can’t wait to see everyone’s 

Here are all the causes http://www.5pointsblue.com/splash-of-colors-my-cause-my-boots/?sf203851269=1&sf203864280=1

On 12/7/2018 at 9:55 AM, ByTor said:

I've wondered that too.  Are they new boots, or are they able to replace the stars on their regular boots?

I believe they get new boots because Kelli F said in a twitter post that the girls keep one boot and the other goes to the  organization they are representing. The organization can then  use the boot as they wish. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Wow.  Already?  Makes me so sad.  Only one more game with Lacey and KaShara. :-/

When/where did Lacey announce retirement? Not doubting anyone, just hadn't heard 

*side note* is it me or is the board taking FOREVER to save posts?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
added something
2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

How on earth did Khalyn get out of a game? I thought you had to basically be dead to miss a football game!?

Khalyn was there, she even danced thunder. she just didn't do the sidelines for whatever reason. 

5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

When/where did Lacey announce retirement? Not doubting anyone, just hadn't heard 

*side note* is it me or is the board taking FOREVER to save posts?

Lacey announced in on these boots were made for talking and kashara announced it on the last episode of making the team

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I find Tasha to be pretty lackluster in this video, especially to be the 2GL. Idk, maybe she was cold and just couldn’t fake it any better. 

Yeah, she’s pretty flat here. Gina is killing it as usual. I hope if she becomes point, she can get the rest of the girls to up their game. 

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Khalyn was there, she even danced thunder. she just didn't do the sidelines for whatever reason. 

I think it was confirmed she left after thunderstruck due to other commitments.

Who is Jinelle replacing tonight?

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I find Tasha to be pretty lackluster in this video, especially to be the 2GL. Idk, maybe she was cold and just couldn’t fake it any better. 

Agree about Tasha in this video.  Not sure if she's not feeling well or ?  But there is zero doubt in my mind that at the very least, Gina will be a GL next year.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Agree about Tasha in this video.  Not sure if she's not feeling well or ?  But there is zero doubt in my mind that at the very least, Gina will be a GL next year.

Yeah, she could be sick. I'm just getting over a bad cold now, and its definitely been going around. Dancing in very little clothing in 40/50 degree weather doesn't help either. I know that there were few things that I hated more than cheering in cold weather back in my cheerleading days. It was miserable. 

Agree about Gina. I know that some people think that she does too much, but I enjoy watching her dance. I like the sass!

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

giphy.gif

Gina's Abs are Increds, give her a chance yall she loves what she is doing

I love how she’s the only one smiling, the rest kinda have the rbf thing going on.

Edited by Monique
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

giphy.gif

Well, she is the only one smiling.  Her abs are dynamite too!  Dang, she must be trying to step up her game with point in her sites for next year.  I’m not a big Gina fan...YET...but she does look cute here.

Edited by MssdDrms
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Khalyn’s work commitment thing doesn’t add up.  Sorry.  I’m not buying any of that bullshit.

K&J will prop girls up weekend at Bernie’s style before they miss a game. 

LMAO!!!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

GIna is the only one smiling!  Everyone else looks miserable lol

Taylor is so booooooorrrring. Tasha has always been my least favorite, she’s so utterly basic on IG and she looks like the joker, if they made him a sexy woman, but Taylor is quickly gaining as my least favorite. She has zero sass, sex appeal or even girl next foor cuteness, and she’s a giant. Weeks and weeks of indecisiveness and never once mentioned how tall, gangly and out of place she is!?!? She looks like a 6” 15 year-old.

• Love 4

So we will find out who made pro bowl cheerleader on 12/23, during the last home game?  Also, is Jinelle eligible for PB cheerleader, beings that she pretty much cheered all season? lol  My vote is till for Lacey though. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I really like Hannah, but girl those turns? I think if you’re in your 20s and have trained for YEARS, there should be no excuse for falling out of your turns. Love Bridget there in the back! She’s just too cute. Gina was good in this dance. She wasn’t over the top like she tends to be. I just hope if she’s in the front next year, she gets rid of those awful extensions. Extensions should flow naturally and shouldn’t make it look like your hair is split in half lol. They just look embarrassing. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Taylor is so booooooorrrring. Tasha has always been my least favorite, she’s so utterly basic on IG and she looks like the joker, if they made him a sexy woman, but Taylor is quickly gaining as my least favorite. She has zero sass, sex appeal or even girl next foor cuteness, and she’s a giant. Weeks and weeks of indecisiveness and never once mentioned how tall, gangly and out of place she is!?!? She looks like a 6” 15 year-old.

Preach! I would have cut Taylor and kept Lily all day. I hope she is a one and done because there is nothing DCC about her, not even close.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

I actually rooted for her hahaha, I thought she was sweet...like a better chelsea..

• Love 7
7 hours ago, 8dallas said:

giphy.gif

What I see here is a bunch of girl at practice squinting into the sun. Gina is a next-level performer who is generally always on, but I don't fault the rest. This isn't for an audience.

On a sort of related note, I find it endlessly fascinating that dancers are called out for being extra, lackluster, or blending. You can't win for losing, it would seem.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think it was confirmed she left after thunderstruck due to other commitments.

Who is Jinelle replacing tonight?

Jinelle has literally performed at every game. I bet Emma is sitting somewhere relieved lol

11 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Khalyn’s work commitment thing doesn’t add up.  Sorry.  I’m not buying any of that bullshit.

K&J will prop girls up weekend at Bernie’s style before they miss a game. 

I don't think anyone mentioned it was for work. Maybe it was a personal thing? We'll probably never know.

5 hours ago, Law Mom said:

What I see here is a bunch of girl at practice squinting into the sun. Gina is a next-level performer who is generally always on, but I don't fault the rest. This isn't for an audience.

On a sort of related note, I find it endlessly fascinating that dancers are called out for being extra, lackluster, or blending. You can't win for losing, it would seem.

AT ALL! Not on here anyway.

• Love 4
On 12/7/2018 at 10:11 PM, Tootie said:

Christina and Alexis

Christina and Alexis yes

11 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

GIna is the only one smiling!  Everyone else looks miserable lol

This is training camp...they probably were miserable.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Jess14 said:

The whole back row of rookies are fairly lackluster at points in this dance. The blond (not sure who she is) is the best of the 4. I wonder if the cheerleaders "pace" themselves over the day since they are performing before and during the actual game. The vets may have more endurance with experience. 

8 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I actually rooted for her hahaha, I thought she was sweet...like a better chelsea..

I like Taylor :)

29 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

The whole back row of rookies are fairly lackluster at points in this dance. The blond (not sure who she is) is the best of the 4. I wonder if the cheerleaders "pace" themselves over the day since they are performing before and during the actual game. The vets may have more endurance with experience. 

Honestly...the whole group looks lackluster...including Gina...she doesn't have as much pop as she usually does in this.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dancer88 said:

The blond (not sure who she is) is the best of the 4.

Just wondering where you’re getting that conclusion from, you can’t even see the blonde for half the video lol and she’s behind the counts on her turns. I think they all look great, this is a slow dance to a slower song. I personally think the choreography is just boring which doesn’t do these girls

justice

Edited by Newmanbritt
  • Love 3

The DCC SM team does a lot of things right. I love them at times! However, what. the. heck. 😂 even the girls are waiting for these videos! They put so much emphasis and coverage on this MyCauseMyBoots campaign and still, the game is over, and not one video has been released. They have 3 people working on the vids.. so maybe that’s what’s holding them up? 

21 hours ago, Jess14 said:

The only thing im not feeling is the song choice, like are you trying to put us to sleep..like it was freezing yesterday and they are dancing to a slow jam

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

She was probably on here and saw how many people called her "extra" and toned it down lol jk...maybe

I thought Gina was really good and less annoying. I was starting to think she would be a fine point! Can't please everyone. Lol!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

Just wondering where you’re getting that conclusion from, you can’t even see the blonde for half the video lol and she’s behind the counts on her turns. I think they all look great, this is a slow dance to a slower song. I personally think the choreography is just boring which doesn’t do these girls

justice

I agree, the blond in the back to my left is off by a count. I actually think everyone is lackluster with the exception of Lacey and Gina.

22 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don't want to be a hater, . . . but overall this is probably the weakest squad I can  remember.  To be honest, I can really only assess the recent squads (last 3 yrs or so), because those are the only ones with adequate videos via instagram and facebook.

Everyone is flat.  Lacey has never been a firecracker and I've never, ever was really impressed with Tasha.  Gina slays them all, at only about 75% effort.

All these excuses for this group:  it's cold, slow choreography, bad song.  (This song is fire BTW).

Someone please post last year's Group 1 doing this routine, so Jenna and company can show y'all how it's done. (I'm not skilled enough to find it.)

Also, is it just me, or are there very few videos this year (as compared to last year).  I can remember last year there were at least 4 or 5 (besides Thunder) posted every game.  My cynical mind thinks this is very much on purpose. 

I recall last year that we got tons of group 1 vids and I think only one from group 4.  We've since come to learn that group 4 was a mess.  Therefore, I believe these vids are chosen very carefully. The internet never forgets.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

justice

If you watch the video, Hannah, has some missteps - trips and falls out of double turn - Bridget is definitely fun to watch comparatively but off on moves and timing half way through. Other brunette, Taylor I think, is totally lackluster. The blond, Daphne, I think, is equal to the vets in row 2 as far as dancing in this routine from the bit you can see her. No one is "on" 100% all the time, though as a professional dancer, and up close like this, you want to be 100%. Tasha, compared to those behind her, isn't that bad here. But yes, Gina is definitely out performing the group. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I don't want to be a hater, . . . but overall this is probably the weakest squad I can  remember.  To be honest, I can really only assess the recent squads (last 3 yrs or so), because those are the only ones with adequate videos via instagram and facebook.

Everyone is flat.  Lacey has never been a firecracker and I've never, ever was really impressed with Tasha.  Gina slays them all, at only about 75% effort.

All these excuses for this group:  it's cold, slow choreography, bad song.  (This song is fire BTW).

Someone please post last year's Group 1 doing this routine, so Jenna and company can show y'all how it's done. (I'm not skilled enough to find it.)

Also, is it just me, or are there very few videos this year (as compared to last year).  I can remember last year there were at least 4 or 5 (besides Thunder) posted every game.  My cynical mind thinks this is very much on purpose. 

I recall last year that we got tons of group 1 vids and I think only one from group 4.  We've since come to learn that group 4 was a mess.  Therefore, I believe these vids are chosen very carefully. The internet never forgets.

I agree. Although I'm not a fan of their diva attitudes, the Jenna, Erica, Holly, Cersten crew were DA BOMB. Often imitated, never duplicated.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Someone please post last year's Group 1 doing this routine, so Jenna and company can show y'all how it's done

Different routine, but Group 1 action nonetheless...

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Different routine, but Group 1 action nonetheless...

Everyone looks great at least as far as performance and timing. What a shame that Kalyssa (spelling?) left the way she did to pursue...well, whatever she's calling it. She is terrific to watch in this. Some of the choreography steps are the same, so definitely a great group comparatively from last year. 

• Love 5

I saw this picture on Tara's instagram.  She looks great.  I wonder if she is trying to make a comeback next year?  She looks a thousand times better then she did during training camp this year.

image1 (27).jpeg

• Love 5