Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Well Torrance wasn't the greatest captain after the Toros found out that their dances were all copied from the Clovers. Eventually she got her shit together, after hiring that terrible choreographer and ended up choreographing their dance based on moves from movies. 

Hahahahaha!! You win! 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

As long as he is good with the fans, making appearances, visiting hospitals, schools, vet centers, (not only during Christmas) , good with kids at camp, helping with the rookies, a team player, media spokesperson, HE IS IN. BTW. He will be paid a whopping $150 a game. 

Dak Prescott gained 11 pounds in the off season but looked great when he lost it for the Cowboys swimsuit calendar!  And he makes great facials when he throws a long pass. 

“A guys ability to be comfortable in front of the camera will make Coach Jason Garrett more interested in seeing them out on the field.” 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, Stee said:

Dak Prescott gained 11 pounds in the off season but looked great when he lost it for the Cowboys swimsuit calendar!  And he makes great facials when he throws a long pass. 

“A guys ability to be comfortable in front of the camera will make Coach Jason Garrett more interested in seeing them out on the field.” 

Was he the one who hooked up with Jenna? He would have been cut for fraternizing with a cheerleader.

• Love 2
On 12/12/2018 at 11:11 AM, hypeman said:

Can you be a good leader of a dance team if you don't excel at teaching others or are able to help improve the dances (through choreography)?

If you have the right support ...yes.  My sister handled the technique issues.  Honestly...I'm not sure if I should be offended by this question or not...so I'm going to err on the side of "not being offended".  :) 

Edited by Kayce
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

If you have the right support ...yes.  My sister handled the technique issues.  Honestly...I'm not sure if I should be offended by this question or not...so I'm going to err on the side of "not being offended".  :) 

I thought you said you excelled at teaching and choreography, so that definitely wasn’t directed at you  (I had to reread your post to make sure I didn’t misconstrue something).

With that clarified, I was trying to make the point that leaders of a dance team should be evaluated on how they actually LEAD the team.  That leading would entail teaching ability, polishing routines, and helping improve choreography.

i was trying to rebel against the idea that being sweet, humble, and/or the life of the party makes you a good leader.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I thought you said you excelled at teaching and choreography, so that definitely wasn’t directed at you  (I had to reread your post to make sure I didn’t misconstrue something).

With that clarified, I was trying to make the point that leaders of a dance team should be evaluated on how they actually LEAD the team.  That leading would entail teaching ability, polishing routines, and helping improve choreography.

i was trying to rebel against the idea that being sweet, humble, and/or the life of the party makes you a good leader.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the err, point of the point girl, but I didn't think it was necessarily synonymous with a group leader. I thought it was basically just "the girl we want dancing in front, for reasons." The point girl does tend to be a group leader (has she ever not been?) but I'm not sure the job description is the same. I could easily imagine a scenario where the person they want dancing at the front of the triangle isn't necessarily great at, say, choosing sideline routines within 4 seconds of hearing a song. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the err, point of the point girl, but I didn't think it was necessarily synonymous with a group leader. I thought it was basically just "the girl we want dancing in front, for reasons." The point girl does tend to be a group leader (has she ever not been?) but I'm not sure the job description is the same. I could easily imagine a scenario where the person they want dancing at the front of the triangle isn't necessarily great at, say, choosing sideline routines within 4 seconds of hearing a song. 

From what I can understand, point is supposed to be like the Team Captain. She needs to be on the ball at all times, and also a good hype person. They should be on the ball with calling out dances as they are the team captain, and captain of their group.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

From what I can understand, point is supposed to be like the Team Captain. She needs to be on the ball at all times, and also a good hype person. They should be on the ball with calling out dances as they are the team captain, and captain of their group.

Yes, but the point girl isn’t necessarily the group leader who is the actual person who calls the dances. She typically has been, but when Kashara was first made point, she wasn’t a group leader at that time. Erica was. 

But again, I’ve said before that I find the requirement that the point girl is supposed to be the all around DCC leader to be quite silly. I bet if you went to a bunch of college dance and cheer teams, the girl at the front of the formation for competition routines would often not also be the captain. She would be the girl who is the best at whatever they were doing in that formation (dance, jumps, spins, whatever). I don’t see why the DCC feel the to conflate the 2. When i used to cheer, we always loved to see where we were in formations because that signified how good the choreographer thought we were. You can imagine how big my head got when as a sophomore, i was put in the front of the competition formation (basically where Lacey is now). It wasn’t because I was the superwoman/sweet/nicest person of the team. It’s jus that we started off that routine with jumps and a dance, and I had some of the best jumps and had rhythm (something that some of the other good jumpers did not have lol). However, that had little bearing on who was a captain, which was a different honor because that signifies leadership. I just find the DCC logic to be odd. 

• Love 3

I do think though that when it comes to leadership in dance or any type of performance/sport, there can be different types. Personally, I’ve aleays preferred the technical type of leader, someone who is good at what they do, and can show/teach me. I have never much cared for the positive, “pick everyone up type”, life of the party leader. The whole “rah rah, we’re such a team” has just never been my thing, BUT I know lots of people who respond to that type of leadership and need it. Some people are great at all of the above, but I think that’s why in most cases, you have a co-captain, a second group leader, etc. Those people should compliment each other and shore up the others’ weaknesses. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Don't remember who hooked up with who, but it was Dak Prescott & Zeke Elliott, I believe.

Holly was said to have hooked up with Zeke and Jenna Dax

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Honestly, I don’t ever remember Point Girl being the Queen Bee Leader who made decisions or was responsible for ANYTHING besides dancing up front anywhere besides this board. I think it’s overinflated and over hyped regarding ‘duties’.

I don't think they have any duties beyond dancing in the front either, but I believe that Kelli stated in a tweet last year that point was about leadership, attitude, and all of this other stuff beyond dance. Then, they played it up the point role big time on the show last year (unnecessarily so IMO). So, to the extent that people have the idea that point girl is something more than the girl who dances up front (something that I think that its all it should be), I think that's on the DCCs.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don't think they have any duties beyond dancing in the front either, but I believe that Kelli stated in a tweet last year that point was about leadership, attitude, and all of this other stuff beyond dance. Then, they played it up the point role big time on the show last year (unnecessarily so IMO). So, to the extent that people have the idea that point girl is something more than the girl who dances up front (something that I think that its all it should be), I think that's on the DCCs.

Except for Megan Fox, Jenn Amburn, and Kashara, I don’t remember any of them being heavy on interviews or other speaking engagements either. I’m sure we can find Whitney or whoever speaking somewhere if we dig, but I don’t recall Nicole, Mia, Crystal, Whitney or Holly asked to be very vocal. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

See, I remember hearing (either from here or the show) that the Group Leader of Group 1 was the de facto captain of the team? And that's often not the point girl. 

• Love 4

Can I just point out that these girls are supposed to be the best of the best and that they excel at the dcc style? I think this is pretty much true, so I get why being point must be more than just being the best. I will give you that we haven’t had that many contenders the past few years, but we used to have so many that it couldn’t be just about technical ability.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Except for Megan Fox, Jenn Amburn, and Kashara, I don’t remember any of them being heavy on interviews or other speaking engagements either. I’m sure we can find Whitney or whoever speaking somewhere if we dig, but I don’t recall Nicole, Mia, Crystal, Whitney or Holly asked to be very vocal. 

It wasn’t until the last couple of years (even on the boards) that point started being discussed as the all around ambassador for the team. I’m not sure if that’s a function of Jenn K and Kashara playing those roles or if the DCCs have changed how they view the point position. My memory gets hazy going too many years back, but I also don’t remember Mia or Whitney doing a ton of speaking. I can’t say for sure about Holly. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Jess14 said:

AND next year they will play the position down .... 

1 minute ago, Glamourdoll said:

Duties and purpose of a *Point Girl* - we make it up as we go along, and then change it.

THIS!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It wasn’t until the last couple of years (even on the boards) that point started being discussed as the all around ambassador for the team. I’m not sure if that’s a function of Jenn K and Kashara playing those roles or if the DCCs have changed how they view the point position. My memory gets hazy going too many years back, but I also don’t remember Mia or Whitney doing a ton of speaking. I can’t say for sure about Holly. 

I think Jenn K really had people talking about the "role" of point because she was clearly a great ambassador and great spokesperson for DCC and was referred to as "dad" by her teammates. When I think back to when Mia was point, I always considered Jackie Bob being the "dcc leader" for that squad (her final year) even though she wasn't point since she was, to me, the best ambassador for the team.

• Love 14

I swear I'm not hatin' on Rachel W. BUT I watched her Boots Cause video and she is sooooo ORANGE. You can't blame it on the lighting because all the other DCCs look fine. Actually Gina's alabaster skin looks FLAWLESS.

• Love 10
On 12/9/2018 at 4:55 PM, cgloss said:

Yeah, she’s pretty flat here. Gina is killing it as usual. I hope if she becomes point, she can get the rest of the girls to up their game. 

Yeah Gina’s dancing is really good in that video. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I swear I'm not hatin' on Rachel W. BUT I watched her Boots Cause video and she is sooooo ORANGE. You can't blame it on the lighting because all the other DCCs look fine. Actually Gina's alabaster skin looks FLAWLESS.

I noticed it too - and she was REALLY orange!

• Love 3

Just putting in my 2 cents:

I LOVE KaShara. She will always be one of my favs. 

I adore Bridget. If she sticks around she will be my favorite current member while she is there.

i think Rachel is great. Except that tan. Sorry.

I miss Holly. I wish she could have handled things better and stuck around for years. She will always be one of my all time favs. She was perfect in the uniform. 

• Love 9
On 12/15/2018 at 8:33 AM, MrClean said:

I adore Bridget. If she sticks around she will be my favorite current member while she is there.

I miss Holly. I wish she could have handled things better and stuck around for years. She will always be one of my all time favs. She was perfect in the uniform. 

Agree on all except Rachel W.  I can't with her.  She comes across utterly fake to me.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Agree on all except Rachel W.  I can't with her.  She comes across utterly fake to me.

That's the pagent training coming through. They're trained on how to walk, talk, and present themselves. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I went to The Star tonight for the Christmas show & I have to say that Savannah literally killed it out there. I was standing right in front of her after she and Yuko walked down with Santa. She literally never let up on her power, presence, everything. I was really impressed because I knew she was beautiful but seeing her dance was great! Definitely even more Team Savannah. 

How did the "electric" outfit look in person??

2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

How did the "electric" outfit look in person??

They were cute! The two in front of me were working fine, they are synced to music I think (?!) in that they’ll change colors from multi color, to blue, to white! It was something different. To be honest it’s just something extra! I went to the show last year and thought the red Santa/Christmas outfits were cute on their own.. lol 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, KatieLen said:

That's the pagent training coming through. They're trained on how to walk, talk, and present themselves. 

That girl Ashely had all that pageant training too and never could make the team.  She’s the one from Kansas City and danced really stiff and waddley. She was pretty but had zero personality.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

That girl Ashely had all that pageant training too and never could make the team.  She’s the one from Kansas City and danced really stiff and waddley. She was pretty but had zero personality.

Wasn't that because she had drill training or something like that?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MrClean said:

• Love 4
18 hours ago, KatieLen said:

I remember Kathryn Dunn getting called into Kelli's office the 2nd time she was in TC. Kelli  asked her a question and told her to give her a non pageant answer. I think it was why do you want to be a DCC?

22 hours ago, KatieLen said:

Melissa definitely called her out as fake in the “name a weakness” segment. I think she gets these girls numbers pretty quickly.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Her instagram says she spent 15 years as a gymnast 

Wow!  That’s shocking considering how stiff she was.  She always had what seemed to be prepared answers so she came across as fake to me.  Maybe that’s why I was thinking she had pageant training. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by MssdDrms
On 12/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, go4luca said:

Pro dance cheer.com has the latest pics of the cheerleaders.  Seems like half of them are of Rachel W.  They must love her.  

On 12/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, rafibomb said:

See, I remember hearing (either from here or the show) that the Group Leader of Group 1 was the de facto captain of the team? And that's often not the point girl. 

Agree and I think it was the show because I remember when CT got G1L, she said she was so excited about it because her mother had been G1L and she was carrying on that legacy.  She had been G3L the year before I believe. And everybody knows Jude was thee DCC It Girl of her time. 

On 12/15/2018 at 7:41 PM, Cowboysfan16 said:

I went to The Star tonight for the Christmas show & I have to say that Savannah literally killed it out there. I was standing right in front of her after she and Yuko walked down with Santa. She literally never let up on her power, presence, everything. I was really impressed because I knew she was beautiful but seeing her dance was great! Definitely even more Team Savannah. 

Did you get there early for a good spot? 

• Love 1

The latest video at the cheerleading competition looks a little sub par. Many of them don't look like they're bringing their A-game! My eyes are still drawn to Gina but Heather next to her was giving it a little extra too. Are they not getting enough rest because half of them look like they're just marking the choreography! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

The amount of grooming the ladies have to maintain...i couldnt do it...brazillian wax, prob at least once a week??? Ugh, that is torture!

Seems like electrolysis would be easier.   But I just googled it and maybe it isn't.

17 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Pro dance cheer.com has the latest pics of the cheerleaders.  Seems like half of them are of Rachel W.  They must love her.  

Yeah - you are right that there are a ton of Rachel.  She does look stunning though.  She does kind of have short legs compared to her torso though - but that’s probably the only thing that isn’t great about her look.  She’s so photogenic.

That 3rd photo of Maddie is awful.   Stomach looks soft and her hair looks like an 80s perm gone bad where her hair was burned off.   How they think her look is okay for the squad but then they cut other girls for looks or softness blows my mind.  

That #18 one of Bridgette is really nice.  Very sexy and girl next door at the same time. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 8