Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I agree. Although I'm not a fan of their diva attitudes, the Jenna, Erica, Holly, Cersten crew were DA BOMB. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Thank you for leading me into HATER part 2 . . . the rise of Kashara.

I've said this before, Kash didn't get better, everyone else got worse.  (Rookies don't count because they are in the back.)

I will acknowledge that she is the best of the upper vets (3+ yrs) THIS year.  I think Kelli may be better at times.  She looks so much better now because Jenna, Cersten, Holly, Erica, Robin, and Maggie aren't there to consistently outdance her.

NO ONE was on here last year talking about "her pop" or "sass", because Jenna was right off to her side.  That may be why Maddie is in the triangle, and not Gina.  It really is unappealing to the eye, when the point is being outdanced by someone next to them (the comparison is much easier to make).  I think they learned from last year.

Kash's TV personality translates very well on air.   She seems fun, poised, thoughtful, energetic, etc., etc. etc.  This is not about her being nice, it's about  her dance performance.

The thought that Kash is the best point ever is laughable.  Rolling on the floor, laughable. 

Part 3 will be Rachel.

• Love 14
On 12/9/2018 at 10:43 AM, Holly85 said:

I know last weeks game filled in for khalyn on sidelines bc something abt her work schedule 

On 12/9/2018 at 11:37 AM, DCCFanInKy said:

How on earth did Khalyn get out of a game? I thought you had to basically be dead to miss a football game!?

23 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think it was confirmed she left after thunderstruck due to other commitments.

Who is Jinelle replacing tonight?

19 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Khalyn’s work commitment thing doesn’t add up.  Sorry.  I’m not buying any of that bullshit.

K&J will prop girls up weekend at Bernie’s style before they miss a game. 

8 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think anyone mentioned it was for work. Maybe it was a personal thing? We'll probably never know.

According to @ShellyB(Nov 30), Janelle replaced Daphne on Thanksgiving and Khalyn during the week because of the work conflict:

ON 11/30/2018,  SHELLYB SAID

She filled in for Daphne at Thanksgiving...flu like symptoms and Khalyn for this past week....work conflict. She’s doing sideline so groups don’t have to change formations.

Edited by hannahbanana

Just when I was OK with Gina being point ... The Ideal Dental pics have EXTRA Gina photos. TPTB, please stop shoving her squishy face down our throats. "We see her" (annoyed mom voice).

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I've said this before, Kash didn't get better, everyone else got worse.  (Rookies don't count because they are in the back.)

I will acknowledge that she is the best of the upper vets (3+ yrs) THIS year.  I think Kelli may be better at times.  She looks so much better now because Jenna, Cersten, Holly, Erica, Robin, and Maggie aren't there to consistently outdance her.

NO ONE was on here last year talking about "her pop" or "sass", because Jenna was right off to her side.  That may be why Maddie is in the triangle, and not Gina.  It really is unappealing to the eye, when the point is being outdanced by someone next to them (the comparison is much easier to make).  I think they learned from last year.

Kash's TV personality translates very well on air.   She seems fun, poised, thoughtful, energetic, etc., etc. etc.  This is not about her being nice, it's about  her dance performance.

The thought that Kash is the best point ever is laughable.  Rolling on the floor, laughable. 

Part 3 will be Rachel.

@hypeman - Curious, how do you feel about Gina as point?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Part 3 will be Rachel.

I hear your points. I think Kashara was chosen mainly because they needed a unifying leader. Moral was at a real time low and they need someone like Kash to lift everyone up. They needed a Curry not a LeBron.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, hypeman said:

First let me say, I consider myself very pro-woman.  Meaning I don't think women who are considered more attractive by a specific beauty standard, have more value.  In reality, that standard is rarely attainable and definitely is not sustainable.  It disgusts me, that "prettier" ladies are automatically considered point-worthy.

On that note, all this attention on who is nice, fake, humble, etc. is the real mean girl stuff.  It is just another way to shoot down who you don't like.

I would really love it just to be based on dance ability for point, and dance and teaching ability for group leaders.  I don't even care about size.  If you are fit enough to do the dance, you could be a size 10 for all I care (gasp!).

I say this because the knock against Gina seems to be

• she's not pretty enough
  • she's not humble

OMG, who cares.  Put the best dancer up front.

If Gina is the best, then give her the spot she EARNED.

IMO they are all pretty enough to be point. Am I pretty enough to be point? Hell no, but anyone pretty enough to be on the team is pretty enough. We might be analyzing these girls faces, but most people are not. When your body looks like these girls, and you are dancing, no one is looking at your face. Put the best dancer at point, end of story. 

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, hypeman said:

First let me say, I consider myself very pro-woman.  Meaning I don't think women who are considered more attractive by a specific beauty standard, have more value.  In reality, that standard is rarely attainable and definitely is not sustainable.  It disgusts me, that "prettier" ladies are automatically considered point-worthy.

On that note, all this attention on who is nice, fake, humble, etc. is the real mean girl stuff.  It is just another way to shoot down who you don't like.

I would really love it just to be based on dance ability for point, and dance and teaching ability for group leaders.  I don't even care about size.  If you are fit enough to do the dance, you could be a size 10 for all I care (gasp!).

I say this because the knock against Gina seems to be

• she's not pretty enough
  • she's not humble

OMG, who cares.  Put the best dancer up front.

If Gina is the best, then give her the spot she EARNED.

I agree with putting the best person in the front, if that was the case. But obviously that isn't or Jenna would have been made point. Until Kelli decides to just put the best dancer at point, the standards will continue to be scrutinized.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

According to @ShellyB(Nov 30), Janelle replaced Daphne on Thanksgiving and Khalyn during the week because of the work conflict:

ON 11/30/2018,  SHELLYB SAID

She filled in for Daphne at Thanksgiving...flu like symptoms and Khalyn for this past week....work conflict. She’s doing sideline so groups don’t have to change formations.

She said that for this game too? Because that's what I was referring to.

4 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

She said that for this game too? Because that's what I was referring to.

No, just showing where the "excused due to work conflict" rumour came from & that it wasn't in reference to a specific game for Khalyn.

Edited by hannahbanana
14 hours ago, hypeman said:

Part 3 will be Rachel.

Good to see you back, Hypeman!  However, I have to beg to differ on the bolded point.  I was talking about her pop and sass!  While I absolutely agree with her "unifying effect", I still think she made it because she is a great dancer.  TBS, I see the show and the vids posted here.  I have never seen them in person (bucket list).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Good to see you back, Hypeman!  However, I have to beg to differ on the bolded point.  I was talking about her pop and sass!  While I absolutely agree with her "unifying effect", I still think she made it because she is a great dancer.  TBS, I see the show and the vids posted here.  I have never seen them in person (bucket list).

What did Kashara unify?  She danced up front.  She didn't break rules. She was nice and had positive energy.

She also had the least successful group, her 2nd GL got demoted, and the most cuts came from her group.

She didn't get the only award the comes from the team, VOTY.

The other group leaders (to my recollection) were the ones assisting with choreo.  I believe they tweaked several of the existing routines.

Given these FACTS, I think that Kashara did a fine job this year, and last.  She gave it her all with an apparently stellar attitude.  But she didn't save the squad from ruin.

It's official, I'm putting this topic to rest.  Y"all praise her all you want.  I'll have to wait for next year when she is quickly forgotten.  I have the sincere belief we won't see her assisting with the squad or tryouts in any form next year, because teaching dance doesn't really appear to be in her skill set. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, hypeman said:

What did Kashara unify?  She danced up front.  She didn't break rules. She was nice and had positive energy.

She also had the least successful group, her 2nd GL got demoted, and the most cuts came from her group.

The other group leaders (to my recollection) were the ones assisting with choreo.  I believe they tweaked several of the existing routines.

Given these FACTS, I think that Kashara did a fine job this year, and last.  She gave it her all with an apparently stellar attitude.  But she didn't save the squad from ruin.

It's official, I'm putting this topic to rest.  Y"all praise her all you want.  I'll have to wait for next year when she is quickly forgotten.  I have the sincere belief we won't see her assisting with the squad or tryouts in any form next year, because teaching dance doesn't really appear to be in her skill set. 

Well, teaching dance and dance performance ability are not synonymous. You could be the best dancer in the world (which I'm not saying Kashara is) and still not be great at teaching dance to others. You could also be a gifted teacher and a mediocre dancer. 

That being said, I doubt we'll see much of Kashara next year either, because I suspect she'll leave Dallas and go back home. She doesn't strike me as a Jinelle or a Jenn K, who seem to plan on staying with the team as long as the team will have them. 

I'll also add my vote as someone who definitely noticed and commented on Kashara's "pop" and "sass" last year. And I say that as someone who really liked Jenna, and thought she was the best dancer on the team. 

• Love 9

Leaving Kashara aside (I find discussions about her to be exhausting), I find the belief that the point girl needs to be a unifier or all-around superwoman to be a bit bizarre. She’s in the front of a dance formation for a 5-ish minute dance....that’s it! It’s not even equivalent to the quarterback of a football team or a middle linebacker on defense who calls the defensive signals - those players are out there the entire game, whereas the point girl isn’t even the one who calls the dances throughout the game. Once the cheerleaders get through thunderstruck, they go to their groups where they remain for the rest of the game with the group leaders. 

The point girl is certainly the most visible girl and in lots of pictures, so I understand the importance of it, and I do understand why looks are important for the role, but this whole...’the point girl needs to be sweet, humble, the best leader, approachable, a great teacher’....why? As far as I’m concerned, she should be the best, most senior dancer (if a 2 and 4 year girl are equal, go with the 4 year).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I could be wrong here but I thought Selina was the only one cut from her group.. 

If you’re referring to when Heather was the 2GL her group consisted of: 

Kash, Heather O, Simone, Gina, Molly, Tess, Chantel, Khalyn, & Selina 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I find the belief that the point girl needs to be a unifier or all-around superwoman to be a bit bizarre. 

The point girl is certainly the most visible girl and in lots of pictures, so I understand the importance of it, and I do understand why looks are important for the role, but this whole...’the point girl needs to be sweet, humble, the best leader, approachable, a great teacher’....why? As far as I’m concerned, she should be the best, most senior dancer (if a 2 and 4 year girl are equal, go with the 4 year).

You are explaining this much better than I have; this is exactly where my confusion is as well. 

I do understand the Kashara topic being discussed so much could lead us into talking circles, but the whole thing perplexes me that Kashara got point because she "stepped up" last year when Lacey didn't.  Lacey must have "stepped up" somehow, she got GL last year.

• Love 5

I love Kash & yet I completely agree about the exhaustion of talking about it over and over again, running in circles. However, I sat here and felt the same way about Jenn K. Annoyed that she was shoved down our throats.. I mean I didn’t care for her.. at all so that probably didn’t help. 😂

• Love 3

I agree the best dancer should be front and center. However, Kelly sees this as a brand, so I think Gina (who I personally find appealing) lacks that universal appeal to be the face Kelly wants for point. Is that odd, unfair, and a matter of opinion? Totally. This is DCC, we could all medal if pointing out K& J's hypocrisy were an Olympic event!

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You are explaining this much better than I have; this is exactly where my confusion is as well. 

I do understand the Kashara topic being discussed so much could lead us into talking circles, but the whole thing perplexes me that Kashara got point because she "stepped up" last year when Lacey didn't.  Lacey must have "stepped up" somehow, she got GL last year.

Honestly, sometimes I feel like things get repeated so often on here that they become like facts, when they’re not. I just always assumed that Kashara got it over Lacey because they thought she had more pop than Lacey (I actually agree with that), and Kashara is a Kelli favorite. I never really bought the “Lacey didn’t step up” stuff. I don’t know what that even means to be honest. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I know this has nothing to do with the Current squad, but to had some humor I Legit I think every group is nicer this year to watch than....2008's Justine Squad.. Look at Kellerman in the Back what is she doing hahahahah 

Click Link For Justine's  2008 Group Opp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GiIRJE2GGE

As much as I enjoyed these girls, compare this squad’s skill, fitness, and performance levels to the current one, and I think they’d all be cut - all the 2008 girls would be cut. This just looks to me like uncontrolled flopping all over the place with some “boots are rockin’ gyration thrown in. Some of its choreo, some of it is just lack of skill compared to more current squads.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I agree the best dancer should be front and center. However, Kelly sees this as a brand, so I think Gina (who I personally find appealing) lacks that universal appeal to be the face Kelly wants for point. Is that odd, unfair, and a matter of opinion? Totally. This is DCC, we could all medal if pointing out K& J's hypocrisy were an Olympic event!

Amen. Until K, J, and C say "F-it lets's just put the best dancer at point," the hypocrisy will continue. Don't hate the player hate the game.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wow, my girl Meredith really screwed up the "running off the field" portion, she looked lost!

31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

As much as I enjoyed these girls, compare this squad’s skill, fitness, and performance levels to the current one, and I think they’d all be cut - all the 2008 girls would be cut. This just looks to me like uncontrolled flopping all over the place with some “boots are rockin’ gyration thrown in. Some of its choreo, some of it is just lack of skill compared to more current squads.

Bahaha now that I watch, maybe the 2008 squad was hyped up to much, however I think it is the Show Group that was the iconic image..all those girls besides Judy T. Jr really were amazing on that show group.

Who is Kashara?? 

source.gif

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

Bahaha now that I watch, maybe the 2008 squad was hyped up to much, however I think it is the Show Group that was the iconic image..all those girls besides Judy T. Jr really were amazing on that show group.

Who is Kashara?? 

source.gif

Oh the shade!

You win.  Officially my favorite post of the year.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

No, just showing where the "excused due to work conflict" rumour came from & that it wasn't in reference to a specific game for Khalyn.

Oh okay. I was referring to this specific game. Maybe it WAS work again this time..who knows.

5 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I have zero clue who that girl in hte middle even is.

Mandy she came in with Cersten, Maggie, Tess she is now I think the head Choreographer at the Oakland. She only lasted a year...She was bomb but she bounced

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Mandy she came in with Cersten, Maggie, Tess she is now I think the head Choreographer at the Oakland. She only lasted a year...She was bomb but she bounced

Yeah she bounced right after swimsuit calendar bc she got called in right before auditions to talk abt her weight gain and so she decided to leave went back to California and became the new director for the raiderettes 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah she bounced right after swimsuit calendar bc she got called in right before auditions to talk abt her weight gain and so she decided to leave went back to California and became the new director for the raiderettes 

Thats awesome!! hahah she is awesome

• Love 1

Slightly off topic but which of the Dallas Cowboys is handsome enough to be quarterback?  Personally, I don’t think Mike White has the face for it or the universal appeal. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Stee said:

Slightly off topic but which of the Dallas Cowboys is handsome enough to be quarterback?  Personally, I don’t think Mike White has the face for it or the universal appeal. 

As long as he is good with the fans, making appearances, visiting hospitals, schools, vet centers, (not only during Christmas) , good with kids at camp, helping with the rookies, a team player, media spokesperson, HE IS IN. BTW. He will be paid a whopping $150 a game. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

As long as he is good with the fans, making appearances, visiting hospitals, schools, vet centers, (not only during Christmas) , good with kids at camp, helping with the rookies, a team player, media spokesperson, HE IS IN. BTW. He will be paid a whopping $150 a game. 

$150 is for a win; $75 for losses.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Don't forget...he has to "step up" :)

• Love 2
21 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Well, teaching dance and dance performance ability are not synonymous. You could be the best dancer in the world (which I'm not saying Kashara is) and still not be great at teaching dance to others. You could also be a gifted teacher and a mediocre dancer. 

That being said, I doubt we'll see much of Kashara next year either, because I suspect she'll leave Dallas and go back home. She doesn't strike me as a Jinelle or a Jenn K, who seem to plan on staying with the team as long as the team will have them. 

I'll also add my vote as someone who definitely noticed and commented on Kashara's "pop" and "sass" last year. And I say that as someone who really liked Jenna, and thought she was the best dancer on the team. 

Exactly...I coached a college dance team and I was on dance team and in modern dance theatre in school and I was a "good" dancer but not fantastic...in the DCC world I would have definitely been a blender...however, my strength lies in choreography/teaching....I was damn good at putting stuff together and teaching it...so the same thing can be said about a spectacular dancer...they can be wonderful at dance but suck at teaching....everyone has their own niche.  

As far as KaShara coming back to Ky....I don't know because isn't her boyfriend from Oklahoma?

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

Exactly...I coached a college dance team and I was on dance team and in modern dance theatre in school and I was a "good" dancer but not fantastic...in the DCC world I would have definitely been a blender...however, my strength lies in choreography/teaching....I was damn good at putting stuff together and teaching it...so the same thing can be said about a spectacular dancer...they can be wonderful at dance but suck at teaching....everyone has their own niche.  

As far as KaShara coming back to Ky....I don't know because isn't her boyfriend from Oklahoma?

Can you be a good leader of a dance team if you don't excel at teaching others or are able to help improve the dances (through choreography)?

• Love 1