Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Boy Wonder

• Start Topic

Finally we are going to Murder House again.

I guess Nan did not make the cut when it came to the girls lol.

Nice to see Misty again but I never liked Coven much so a lot of this episode was a waste for me. 

Cheyenne killed again big surprise lol.

• Love 3

OK, but....what's the twist? The big twist?? We knew they were going back to Murder House. While I'm enjoying the whole Anti-Christ cross over shenanigans, this season has been predicted from start to finish before the season began. and the Stevie Nicks cameo/twirl along??? WAAT???

And why are they giving the most significant parts to the weakest actors????? Madison goes back to Murder House??? Fuck, having these actors play multiple characters really screwed the audience over. We're stuck with characters from the worst acted season of the series.

• Love 10

Cordelia was no dummy but Michael should be on to her game of having him bring back all her peeps and swooning from the I'm fading vapors. Also scheming inside the lair when everyone is eavesdropping isn't smart.

John Henry helping a nice old lady got him sliced and flambéd. Too bad he couldn't have joined up with the Coven because while he was surly, he wasn't an idiot. Loved him getting to say 'Bitch, stand down.' Minus the Grand Chancellor I'd be down for a show about the wizards and their squabbles.

The musical Stevie Nicks interlude was oddly placed but I loved it for B.D. Wong getting to play piano for Stevie Nicks and obviously tickled pink.

• Love 19

Didn't hit me the same sweet spot as last week did but it was still very enjoyable. 

I was wondering why Cordelia would have that vision and put all of her trust into Satan Jr. I for sure thought her crowning him the new Supreme would be a mistake but she not only used him to strengthen her army by having him bring Misty back but she is also keeping him close! I can work with that.

Cheyennes character being killed.....you could've seen that coming from a mile away. I rather they not have killed him and sent him with Madison. Which I was surprised that Cordelia would put so much trust in Madison to go to Murder House but I guess Madison probably has the strongest will to survive, is ruthless, and someone Cordelia isnt emotionally attached to so its all a win/win (not to mention that she doesnt have a MH counterpart which is probably the main reason)

I do wish that Michael had had some problems with the witches blessing him or performing the 7 Wonders since they draw their power from the exact opposite so it would've been nice for him to at least show a little irritation. 

• Love 8

Oh My Gosh!  I rarely post but just have to say I am really enjoying this season!  What fun to get to revisit all the characters from the past.  I'm sure it's not nearly as delightful for those who haven't seen those previous seasons of the show but for me it's fabulous!  And next week MURDER HOUSE - I can hardly wait!!!!!!!  I saw Jessica Lange on the preview and if they bring Connie Britton back even for one episode my cup runneth over :-D

I am also loving the actor/character of Michael.  He steals every scene.  And sad that Cheyenne Jackson was killed - I love him no matter what character he is playing. 

• Love 9

That was a sweet moment with Misty Day. I always appreciated the way that character expresses her ideas—-like the description of M having the smell of death. Similar to what March picked up on back at the Cortez with Queenie. Eager to see what conspires at MH, but kind of wish Queenie had been paired with the Warlock instead of Madison. And yes to the glimpses of Lange in the teaser as well.  

• Love 13

I'm enjoying this, with reservations. The final episode of COVEN opened with what was essentially a Stevie Nicks video, and it was flawless (the song was "Seven Wonders"), and perfectly integrated with the story. While it was great to have a song from Stevie here, the only connection was the lyric about a witch, and it was just too slow and off-tone.

The men-striking-back-against-centuries-of-female-supremacy(-by-embracing-Satan) is a mess of messages. Whatever it intends to critique or satirize is muddled by the son-of-Satan aspect.

This week I binge-rewatched COVEN, and the character relationships being portrayed now are also kind of a mess. Cordelia did not seem to have a warm relationship with Misty Day, but Myrtle did; it would have been good to see Myrtle and Misty reunite.

With all the witches-rising-from-the-dead, and the repeated references to Fiona in tonight's episode... is Fiona coming back?

Edited by owenthurman
for punctuation
  • Love 8

I'm glad Cordelia isn't complete naive.  Michael had to suspect they were double-crossing him, right?  I couldn't tell if he was looking at Stevie Nicks or the witches leaving the living room.

The warlock leader is messed up to set up his own (coven?) member.  Even if he found out who Michael's father was, I don't think he would turn him away. 
He hates the witches that much. 

It's too bad Cheyenne's character didn't have Cordelia's number, it would have been so much easier using FaceTime than driving to New Orleans.

The scene where Michael communed with the demons was creepy!  This show does camp well, but it also sneaks in scary moments when it needs to.

Can't wait to see Constance again!

Edited by peridot
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, owenthurman said:

I binge-rewatched COVEN, and the character relationships being portrayed now are also kind of a mess. Cordelia did not seem to have a warm relationship with Misty Day, but Myrtle did; it would have been good to see Myrtle and Misty reunite.

With all the witches-rising-from-the-dead, and the repeated references to Fiona in tonight's episode... is Fiona coming back?

Cordelia did state that Misty basically left a big impression on her .

Fiona wont be coming back even though it'd be entertaining to see. She is probably a little bit to much of a wild card and who knows how a former Supreme would be brought back to life after losing their status.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Who is he coming back as though?

I think Mallory will bring him back to life ala how she did it with the deer.

I can not wait to see my OG babies again: Violet, Tate, Constance, Viv, Moira....Love to see how they will weave all that shit together.

Misty being back with the girls is amazing and made my insidss all warm and fuzzy. But, I fully expect her to have a even more tragic ending. Possibly, Michael sends her back to an even worst hell.

in my head, I felt like Misty and Cordelia has some kind of romantic feelings, or I hoped they did. 

• Love 6

I'm forgetting how much fun COVEN was, but I have yet to binge-watch it again and wonder if I'll still feel the same way.

LOVED the Cheyenne Jackson/Billy Porter stand-off. It was like "The Craft" but gay.

2 hours ago, owenthurman said:

I'm enjoying this, with reservations. The final episode of COVEN opened with what was essentially a Stevie Nicks video, and it was flawless (the song was "Seven Wonders"), and perfectly integrated with the story. While it was great to have a song from Stevie here, the only connection was the lyric about a witch, and it was just too slow and off-tone.

The men-striking-back-against-centuries-of-female-supremacy(-by-embracing-Satan) is a mess of messages. Whatever it intends to critique or satirize is muddled by the son-of-Satan aspect.

This week I binge-rewatched COVEN, and the character relationships being portrayed now are also kind of a mess. Cordelia did not seem to have a warm relationship with Misty Day, but Myrtle did; it would have been good to see Myrtle and Misty reunite.

I got the sense of satire much stronger laat week. I didn't see Madison interact with Misty much, either; one of my favorite COVEN scenes was when Misty comes back and just beats the hell out of her WWE catfight style.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Misty being back with the girls is amazing and made my insidss all warm and fuzzy. But, I fully expect her to have a even more tragic ending. Possibly, Michael sends her back to an even worst hell.

This is my fear too. I was expecting Michael to do something to her when she was all at peace with Stevie and twirling around as he was glowering from above.

I can't wait until next week! This will probably be the only time I look forward to seeing Jessica Lange in something.

• Love 1

"History has shown, the hubris of men knows no bounds.  Have we learned nothing, from Attila the Hun, Herod the Great, Mark Zuckerberg!"

Edited by nokat
Herod, not Harry
  • Love 24
8 hours ago, sashayshante said:

And why are they giving the most significant parts to the weakest actors????? Madison goes back to Murder House??? Fuck, having these actors play multiple characters really screwed the audience over. We're stuck with characters from the worst acted season of the series.

I thought the same thing.  Madison is one of my least favorite characters out of the entire eight seasons.  But, since the original owners of the murder house are Charles and Nora Montgomery, maybe there will be some kind of interesting connection between them and Madison. 

I have to confess that I found the Stevie singing/Misty dancing sequence a little corny, but I did in Coven, too.  :-)

Other than that, I continue to love this season.  It's so fun to see the characters from past seasons and the new characters are very interesting.  And maybe, maybe the season will stick to the story line.  Fingers crossed!

• Love 7

Enjoyed it but not as much as last week though with the return of Misty and Stevie Nicks popping by for a song, it was a great episode nonetheless.

Cordelia playing the game to get an advantage over Michael, really hope it doesn't backfire on her.

How many more episodes are going to be flashback based I wonder? Surely we have to get back to the dead people in the bunker at some point.

At least we now know how Mallory and Coco know each other. I wonder when we'll see Dinah in those flashbacks if we do.

Madison and Behold could be an interesting team up next week. Myrtle had some good lines, Zoe and Queenie didn't really do much here and it's a pity they killed John off so quickly though, 8/10

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RalyWilmy said:

I have to confess that I found the Stevie singing/Misty dancing sequence a little corny, but I did in Coven, too.  :-)

I agree - reminded me of a musical - and I loathe musicals. lol  I do, however like Stevie Nicks, but I thought she sounded terrible. I'm surprised they didn't use some audio magic and make her sound better.

• Love 9

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a Supreme celebration with Michael naked again...

Not surprised over the corny Stevie singing to Misty part. It was bad in Coven, it's bad now. But I do love them two!

Seeing Coco and Mallory in the flashbacks makes me feel even worse for Mallory, that she ended up being Coco's bitch to hide their true selves. Mallory seemed really nice and caring in the coven house, doesn't seem fair she had to deal with insufferable Coco. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RalyWilmy said:

I thought the same thing.  Madison is one of my least favorite characters out of the entire eight seasons.  But, since the original owners of the murder house are Charles and Nora Montgomery, maybe there will be some kind of interesting connection between them and Madison. 

Other than that, I continue to love this season.  It's so fun to see the characters from past seasons and the new characters are very interesting.  And maybe, maybe the season will stick to the story line.  Fingers crossed!

I guess because they couldn’t have Misty or Zoe go, since well, Taissa/ Lily play the ghosts at Murder House and the Montgomery possible link. Though, I would have loved it if Misty went instead of Madison.

I do agree that the scene was corny, but I still loved it, just to see Misty all happy. That’s a thumbs up for me.

I do wonder though, with all the shit they still need to cover, I could see them expanding this into a season 9.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, llewis823 said:

I agree - reminded me of a musical - and I loathe musicals. lol  I do, however like Stevie Nicks, but I thought she sounded terrible. I'm surprised they didn't use some audio magic and make her sound better.

I also was surprised how awful she sounded. She almost *buzzed* instead of sang. I guess the rock n roll life is hell on the voice.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

I also was surprised how awful she sounded. She almost *buzzed* instead of sang. I guess the rock n roll life is hell on the voice.

I didn't want to say it. That was a painful few minutes. I love them both.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Cordelia was no dummy but Michael should be on to her game of having him bring back all her peeps and swooning from the I'm fading vapors

I believe it was the incomparable Agent Dana Scully who once said, "Mulder, God never lets the Devil steal the show".

More seriously, the AntiChrist in general is always meant as a foe that can be defeated. Son of the Devil, or AntiChrist or creepy spirit of Murder House in a body, Michael will be defeated. My guess? Cylon Kathy Bates (the robo version of Satan Nanny, I honestly don't remember the character's name) realizes after finding love with Miss Venable that she has a heart and is a good person despite being a robot and kills Michael. But not before Michael destroys everyone against him except CylonKathyBates and Mallory. He will be about to kill Mallory, he will explain his evil evil plan while devising her torturous death, and Cylon Kathy Bates will stab him in the back to save the goodness that is Mallory.... Mallory then uses her power to resserect everyone and we have a dance/music number with Jessica Lange.

Prove me wrong, show :)

10 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

LOVED the Cheyenne Jackson/Billy Porter stand-off. It was like "The Craft" but gay.

I don't know if this was intentional but with the crack about testerone inhibiting magic... is it just me or do all the warlocks seem gay?

12 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

I guess Nan did not make the cut when it came to the girls lol.

Technically Nan never went to hell, as an innocent sacrifice ,the after life was full of delights.

Don't get me started on how she was "an innocent" but also previously was bragging about not being a virgin ;)

• Love 14

I read this great quote once by an actor—I think it was Michael Ironside, but am not positive—that said that he loved playing the bad guy because the bad guy only loses once. (Very roughly paraphrased) The hero, on the other hand, is constantly thwarted by the bad guy for 9/10ths of the movie, only to win at the big finale. Winning 90% doesn’t sound too bad, and is fully anticipate this being the case for Michael.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I mean, yeah, Evil should never win, blah blah BUT....I want Michael to win. There. I said it. He has been the most rewarding character this season. He's the one who has entertained us. His back story and the actor playing him are a thousand times more compelling than the Coven. Other than Myrtle, I don't care about any of them, not even Cordelia and her lip bite.  And Mallory...fuuuuck am I dreading her growing participation in this story. Theories are swirling that she's the other baby - and I STILL think the other baby plays a role in this season - and that Mallory is an angel. Christ. How predictable. God please please please let there be a major twist in this story, because if there isn't, the next five episodes are going to be torture.

One episode at Murder House with a bajillion commercials packed into the episode? Boo, show. Boo. I get that they want us to upgrade to FX Plus, but the amount of commercials they air is ridiculous.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, owenthurman said:

If you consider this a commentary on the willingness of people to overlook the flaws of a potential leader in order to have their group be in power, the son-of-Satan aspect is at the core. Early on, Cult took some shots at Clinton and Trump in that regard. Things are more straightforward here.

13 hours ago, owenthurman said:

Cordelia did not seem to have a warm relationship with Misty Day, but Myrtle did; it would have been good to see Myrtle and Misty reunite.

Myrtle was the one responsible for Misty being stuck in hell, and was rather cold about it.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

I mean, yeah, Evil should never win, blah blah BUT....I want Michael to win. There. I said it. He has been the most rewarding character this season. He's the one who has entertained us. His back story and the actor playing him are a thousand times more compelling than the Coven. Other than Myrtle, I don't care about any of them, not even Cordelia and her lip bite.  And Mallory...fuuuuck am I dreading her growing participation in this story. Theories are swirling that she's the other baby - and I STILL think the other baby plays a role in this season - and that Mallory is an angel. Christ. How predictable. God please please please let there be a major twist in this story, because if there isn't, the next five episodes are going to be torture.

One episode at Murder House with a bajillion commercials packed into the episode? Boo, show. Boo. I get that they want us to upgrade to FX Plus, but the amount of commercials they air is ridiculous.

Well, when you make a character the son of Satan, this is the inevitable outcome.  When you follow the Christian idea of good and evil, you have to have the good show up at some point. 

• Love 8

I do, however like Stevie Nicks, but I thought she sounded terrible. I'm surprised they didn't use some audio magic and make her sound better.

At her prime, Stevie Nicks had about a five-note range. At her current age her range has been reduced to about three notes. She's a wonderfully talented song writer but she just shouldn't sing anymore. I felt like the whole guest appearance was indulgent and unnecessary. 

Other than that I was happy with the episode and glad to have Lily Rabe back on the show. The plot is moving along nicely and I can't wait to revisit murder house!

Cheyenne Jackson has the best agent in show business. He's in the opening credits every week and has only appeared in two episodes.

• Love 10

So Stevie Nicks made an appearance. I loved a lot of her songs and liked the one she sang tonight. Hate her voice! Always have, and always will. How she ever became a lead singer is beyond me.  Those songs could have been so much better if someone else sang them.

I am happy that Lily Rabe is back. Big fan of hers. Don't care how she came back, just glad she did. And I could relate to her vast dislike of dissecting frogs. In fact, dissecting anything. Glad I never had to do it when I was in school. YUCK!!!

I will die happy if I never have to see Stevie Nicks on my TV screen again or hear one of her atrocious songs.  I don't understand the love for her voice.

I feel like RM has completely lost his way.  He had the potential for such a good season, with the apocalypse theme, and it's all just messy and not making a lot of sense.  One great episode (last week) but the rest, including this one, have just been weak, wandering, and kinda pointless.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BeeBop88 said:

So Stevie Nicks made an appearance. I loved a lot of her songs and liked the one she sang tonight. Hate her voice! Always have, and always will. How she ever became a lead singer is beyond me. 

There were episodes of The Partridge Family that had some inside-joke fun with the idea that you didn't have to be able to sing to be a singer; you just had to look good. 

1 hour ago, Token said:

I will die happy if I never have to see Stevie Nicks on my TV screen again or hear one of her atrocious songs.  I don't understand the love for her voice.

I feel like RM has completely lost his way.  He had the potential for such a good season, with the apocalypse theme, and it's all just messy and not making a lot of sense.  One great episode (last week) but the rest, including this one, have just been weak, wandering, and kinda pointless.

Yeah I had so much second hand embarrassment for the singing scene. 

You know it’s funny I have been so checked out and can’t get engaged  to season finale since Asylum and I’m really digging this season and look forward to each episode.

Since this is essentially an anonymous site I will ask this because I know how stupid I’m going to sound. Yet I don’t want to google bc of spoiler potential etc and really don’t want to rewatch. I think because of my assumption I’d hate this season I didn’t pay  enough attention early on. In a timeline is what we’re watching today before or after the apocalypse?  Please forgive my ignorance and thank you if anyone answers.   No one in my real life watches or I’d ask. 

My word Cheyenne is so smoking hot. And a compelling actor onscreen. They must bring him back. 

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 3

What we saw last night was before the apocalypse.

Did anybody else see that, when Mallory brought the deer back to life, it turned back into a fawn? So I guess she can not only bring something back to life but reverse it's age. Gosh. I wonder if that power will make another appearance.

• Love 21
7 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Not really a comment on the episode as a whole ( I missed some parts and have to re watch), but I agree. I'm a big FM fan and "Gypsy" is just about my favorite song ( along with Dreams and Sara). I was recently watching some You tube clips of their tour from earlier this year and she has really lost what made her voice so great. I always thought she had the sweetest and sexiest voice of any female singer, not just from the 70's and 80's, but probably my favorite of all time. And Gypsy just highlights that so well. FM is doing a concert close to me soon, but the lowest price tickets are like $80 and they way she sounds, I just don't think it would be worth it. Still love the band, though.

• Love 7

Murder House! Murder House!

So, was the whole first part of this season just, like, totally pointless? Because it seems like we could have just moved right into Coven, with Michael just preparing to end the world, without any of the other characters, or the bunker stuff. But then, maybe that all comes into play later, who knows? I am just liking the next season of AHS Coven, and the second season of Murder House should be a blast! Honestly, I kind of wish this was just another Coven season. I would watch the crap out of a show thats just the two covens being bitchy towards each other, then having to team up to fight the Anti-Christ. 

So glad Misty is alive! Although, Stevie showing up to sing was just super weird and awkward. And I like Stevie! 

Dang, they already killed John Henry. I was so feeling that guyliner, this is a true crime! Although Behold helping the witches should be fun. He and Madison are certainly going to be an interesting pair. Their leader seems like a real dick, although, as usual, I am not totally sure if this will end up having any kind of message. That people who are oppressed will inevitably strike back after growing resentful, and it will be bad for all involved? That men really are just assholes who suck as leaders? Or maybe there is no message, and this guy is just an asshole who sets up one of his own people to be killed just so he can get more power. Also, maybe the witches/warlocks should create some kind of safety test next time, so they dont accidentally hand the keys to the kingdom to the freaking Anti-Christ.

Love that Cordelia is already gathering her army against Michael. I wonder if more of her people survived, and are planning to all take Michael down? And the "where it all began" line with Murder House is a pretty clever meta comment. 

Not as great as last week, but I am still way more into this season than I was!

• Love 7

FrOm ga storytelling perspective, starting in the middle of the story, and then going back has done wonders in making this season much better than it might have been.

I suspect Cody Fern is the only regular cast actor this season will will play just one character. It seems virtually everyone else will be in two or more roles.

• Love 6

How old is Coco supposed to be?  I love Leslie Grossman, but it's weird seeing a 40-something being dropped off at boarding school by her father as though she's a teenager.  

I did enjoy Stevie Nicks, even if I didn't know what the heck she has done to her hair.  The crimping was awful.     

• Love 11
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Yet Misty and her healing mud saved Myrtle from her first burning at the stake.  Balenciaga!

Thanks for that. I was wondering why people were questioning why Myrtle was back. Balenciaga!

• Love 2