Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: 8 ½ Minutes Of Success

• Start Topic

Anyone know where Kelly got her money from?  Is it all from the Ex?  I thought she was self-made to a moderate degree.

Didn't Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine make meals like Shannon's decades ago?  What am I missing?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

By the way I'm pretty sure now that Shannon still hates Vicki but puts on a face to keep her job.  She (Shannon) was on WWHL last night (looking fabulous btw) with that Flipping Out guy that she's good friends with.  He threw all kinds of shade Vicki's way which I'm sure Shannon knew he would do because they seemed very close.

I don't agree. Shannon shut Jeff Lewis down pretty fast when he started talking about Vicki and Cancergate. She also mentioned that she had dinner with Vicki and Steve that week -- I don't believe that they are filming right now, so there is no reason to socialize unless you want to.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Anyone know where Kelly got her money from?  Is it all from the Ex?  I thought she was self-made to a moderate degree.

Didn't Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine make meals like Shannon's decades ago?  What am I missing?

I thought the same thing when she was plugging this.  There are so many low-cal food frozen food options, but is hers supposed to be some gourmet version?

• Love 2

Tamra leaving her husband the day after he had heart surgery made me think of another iconic moment on OC

full.gif&key=42a09551a97fc5f4c1f30bd7a2a

I let out a hearty laugh every time Vicki says she would have changed to save her marriage. In the 13 seasons this show has aired, she just now learned how to give the appearance of a proper apology. Apart from her haircut and plastic surgery, Vicki is pretty much the same person she was S1 ep 1 as she is S13 ep 11. You know why? Vicki is a narcissist and narcissists never change. Narcissists can't change. That is what makes them narcissists. She really needs to stop embarrassing herself with that lie. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

i did too! I momentarily thought he was being awfully glib about dying, and was relived that he was only retiring. Still think it is weird that he drank plain tonic water though..

Ha, I drink it on its own so I related to that. I like the flavor and sometimes it helps me get over a headache.

8 hours ago, peaceknit said:

It's possible to be retired in California without being wealthy. They probably have money too, they'll be fine.

Retiring in California? Yes. But retiring TO California? That seems really difficult. It’s possible but it doesn’t seem like a wise idea, cost of living and property (and other) taxes being what they are. If they can afford it, more power to them, but it just seems expensive. Unless they move in with Gina!

• Love 5

Yesterday, I watched the lovely Tami Sue work herself into a frenzy over Jeana Keough until she threw a drink in her face.

It's only because of cancer gate that CSC gets all the hate attention. 

• Love 8

I wasn't understanding why Tammy Sue thought she was such an expert in television presenting in the first place. What experience does she have? The QVC employees were instructing Shannon and that was enough. She didn't need Tamra's nasally voice in her ear telling her all of the mistakes that she was making. She was supposed to be there for support.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I can't quote this enough. I know people love to rag on ol' Vicks, but Tam-balls is the worst of the worst. What a hypocritical ass she is. Always judging, always bitching, always throwing people under the bus... she's awful to Shannon. I don't think Vicks realizes how lucky she is not to be Tam's punching bag anymore. That's Shannon now, and she doesn't even seem to know it. Instead, she's kissing Tamra's ass because she's afraid of her.

Every time Tamra is awful (which is often), it is ALL due to jealousy.  She is the most jealous person and she is so obvious about it.  Like Lizzy said, Tamra is the most insecure person ever - she is CRAP! 

Oh my god I hate Tamra so much.  I wish Shannon would stop kissing her ass and realize that EVERYONE loves her - she needs to ditch the rat face woman.  

13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Kelly has a bachelor pad? I guess if she’s having random hook ups and using Tinder that’s a good idea because it will hide what she’s doing to some extent from Jolie. I just think a man might have a hard time being comfortable there for a lengthy time because of all the white and palm frond wallpaper. Ha, maybe that's the point...to get them going. 

I think she was referring to her beach house, which is her main (only) house.  She must miss her old house, I know I do!

12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I went to the QVC website.  I think I'd try the burgers if I could buy less than 12.  That's a lot of burgers for a single person, especially if it turns out I don't like them.  But, 12 veggie burgers for $58, isn't too bad.

When Gina's father said he only had 3 years left and then said something like he was coming to the end of the road (don't remember what he actually said), I thought the poor man was dying.

I wish that there was a way to try the food before buying the whole package.  There should be an option to buy one meal, or one of each for a lower price.  I would definitely try it.  I just don't want to buy a ton of food if I don't know if I will like it.

Of course, if the food isn't great, then maybe that would be a bad idea - maybe they don't want people to try it.

5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

i did too! I momentarily thought he was being awfully glib about dying, and was relived that he was only retiring. Still think it is weird that he drank plain tonic water though..

I thought he was trying to say that death was near, too!  He kept saying that time was "almost up" or that something was a "ticking."  

As for the tonic water - maybe he was trying to be all cool and Californian, with everyone drinking Lacroix, he thought he should order a seltzer water, but mixed up and got tonic water instead.  Seriously, tonic water alone is awful!

9 hours ago, peaceknit said:

It's possible to be retired in California without being wealthy. They probably have money too, they'll be fine.

Ehhh they don't look like they have money.  Not that I should judge a book by it's cover, and I know some of the wealthiest people don't look it -- but these two don't strike me as having any money.  He's forced to work until retirement age, and look at her chompers!

3 hours ago, arejay said:

Kelly's general style is way to OTT for me, but I am loving, (and now frantically searching for!}, those champagne flutes.

Oh let me know if you find them!!  

• Love 6

But, 12 veggie burgers for $58, isn't too bad.

I can get Morningstar Farms veggie burgers for $4/4 or Trader Joe's for $2.99.  

But a lot of people like getting the packaged food delivered to your door.... 

Ehhh they don't look like they have money. 

REMEMBER, though, that they're coming from Long Island... which is ALSO one of the most expensive places in the country.  And if they're living in their original home which they probably bought for $50,000, then they will have a healthy nest egg to rent a place in California.  I don't know, though, why Gina just doesn't go back home to Long Island.  If she wants a warmer climate, she can go to Florida like the rest of the Island.... 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Kelly has a bachelor pad? I guess if she’s having random hook ups and using Tinder that’s a good idea because it will hide what she’s doing to some extent from Jolie. I just think a man might have a hard time being comfortable there for a lengthy time because of all the white and palm frond wallpaper. Ha, maybe that's the point...to get them going. 

Funny. I was a single mom (I guess I still am--he's 35 now, though), and I just called the house I shared with my son our home. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

REMEMBER, though, that they're coming from Long Island... which is ALSO one of the most expensive places in the country.  And if they're living in their original home which they probably bought for $50,000, then they will have a healthy nest egg to rent a place in California.  I don't know, though, why Gina just doesn't go back home to Long Island.  If she wants a warmer climate, she can go to Florida like the rest of the Island.... 

the sixth borough, Boca Raton (rim shot).  

I should find my post for RHoDallas, copy and paste and substitute Leanne for Vicki.  Vicki is vile and there's nothing redeeming about her. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, peaceknit said:

I have to respectfully disagree...the cost of living, taxes and the very high price of homes in California does not make it an affordable place for retirees. And this is backed up by AARP. Maybe her parents have a healthy nest egg to use for a move there, that's very possible but for the average retired couple, California is just not financially possible.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, arejay said:

Kelly's general style is way to OTT for me, but I am loving, (and now frantically searching for!}, those champagne flutes.

I have some that I found at Home Goods.  If you Google it, you can find them on several websites.  

https://cigarandwineaccessories.com/trinkware-set-of-2-wine-glasses-rhinestone-diamond-studded-with-silver-rim-long-stem-16oz-10-inches-tall-elegant-glassware-and-stemware/

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I have to respectfully disagree...the cost of living, taxes and the very high price of homes in California does not make it an affordable place for retirees. And this is backed up by AARP. Maybe her parents have a healthy nest egg to use for a move there, that's very possible but for the average retired couple, California is just not financially possible.

I don't think someone who's two years away from retirement wakes up and says, "I want to retire to California" without having researched it.  If they're in Long Island, I'm sure they can afford to move to CA.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think she was referring to her beach house, which is her main (only) house.  She must miss her old house, I know I do!

Me too!  Seriously, Kelly's old house in my opinion is the best of all the RHWs houses.  I don't like her sad new place with the leafy wallpaper ripped out of Blanche Deveraux's bedroom

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Me too!  Seriously, Kelly's old house in my opinion is the best of all the RHWs houses.  I don't like her sad new place with the leafy wallpaper ripped out of Blanche Deveraux's bedroom

Isn't she just renting?  Hopefully!  The tiled countertops are awful.

17 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't want to hear Vicki scream ever again!

I don't need to know that Emily's kid has poop all over.

I don't want to hear Gina spewing her divorce will be good BS

I don't want to see Shane's mother

RIGHT??!!  Again with the poop.  Is this riveting to ANYONE?  Those that don't have kids don't want to see it and I would guess those that do don't want to watch it on tv.  Enough!  This is not what I tune in for.  I am also really bored with Gina's story.  And Tamra's.  And Vicki's.  And Emily's.  Come on Shannon, you are the last thing keeping me watching.  I just realized Kelly was there.  I wiped it from my memory after hearing the story about her mom and dad.  I honestly don't know which was worse for me.  The poop or that story.  I think they need to retire this show.  This is the WORST grouping of HWs.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Which I didn't think he'd do (and he ultimately didn't) but I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to going off the day I came home and he'd been in the house doing laundry while I was at work - and there was a pair of women's panties with his clothes in the dryer.  Being passive aggressive, I took his clothes out of the dryer and put the panties on top.

LOL. good on you! Did he plotz?!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

And I’m sure that the QVC folks are used to first-timers being a little awkward and unpolished. I’m sure they’ll continue to coach her if she’s on again.

I believe she's going to be on tomorrow.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

damn you gina...DAMN YOU GINA!! You made me have to watch a scene where Vicki was the one making sense!  Damn, you Gina!!

Seriously girl, you are going through a super easy divorce, huh? You AREN'T ABOUT MONEY, huh?  You wish other women could learn lessons from you BEFORE you go through divorce about how to go through a divorce, huh?

But wait....you didn't realize you will lose your health insurance once you are divorced???  Seriously???

You seem sooooo clueless.  You aren't about money as long as divorce doesn't effect your access to money.  

I can't imagine that level of stupidity.  You made Vicki seem like a reasonable person.  Arggggggg.

HA!  My husband was rubbing my feet while this shit show was on and had heard Gina bitching to her parents about the hardest thing she has ever gone through and then Gina was telling Vicki how easy the divorce is.  He too was yelling at the tv.  Is it easy or is it hard???  Gina here is a bit of advice.  When a buncha women who have been through divorce, one of them 2 divorces, want to give you advice, maybe listen rather than act like yours will be easy peasy.  Surely there is something more going on when you don't even know where the fuck your best friend lives.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Ha, I drink it on its own so I related to that. I like the flavor and sometimes it helps me get over a headache.

With lime and ice! But I've switched to diet tonic -- it tastes identical and I was getting a bit of a belly bloat with the regular stuff.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thanks. I’ll have to go to the QVC site and take one for the team. It will have to be the pork tenderloin or veggie burger because I’m allergic to all the rest. It’s no fun living next to the sea and being allergic to all the fresh food in my area. 

The ingredients sound good for the various veggie burgers but they are pricey!  It comes out to $4.28/burger.  I don't think I would spend that when I can get a packet (4) of them, the original gardenburgers for about $4-$5.  But let me know how they are.  Out of all of her items this is the only one I would get.  I am not a seafood person and I don't eat pork.  If they are magically good I may spring for them. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I wish that there was a way to try the food before buying the whole package.  There should be an option to buy one meal, or one of each for a lower price.  I would definitely try it.  I just don't want to buy a ton of food if I don't know if I will like it.

If the line is successful, maybe she'll move into select stores (lots of the beauty lines are available both on the shopping channels and in stores -- IT Cosmetics and Philosophy come to mind). I would love to sample her products first, too -- it looked good.

Seriously, tonic water alone is awful!

Nooooo!!!!

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, SCS said:

LOL. good on you! Did he plotz?!

Sadly, I don't know.  After he moved out he would only come back to the house when I was at work so I wasn't there when he picked up the laundry.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

Yesterday, I watched the lovely Tami Sue work herself into a frenzy over Jeana Keough until she threw a drink in her face.

It's only because of cancer gate that CSC gets all the hate attention. 

4 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I wasn't understanding why Tammy Sue thought she was such an expert in television presenting in the first place. What experience does she have? The QVC employees were instructing Shannon and that was enough. She didn't need Tamra's nasally voice in her ear telling her all of the mistakes that she was making. She was supposed to be there for support.

I don't know why I think of mullets when I see her referenced this way

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don't think someone who's two years away from retirement wakes up and says, "I want to retire to California" without having researched it.  If they're in Long Island, I'm sure they can afford to move to CA.  

You would be surprised...I have a lot friends that are nearing retirement and haven’t thought about where to go or how much they can afford to spend on moving. A few have moved and are unhappy with where they moved to...they rushed into the decision and did not adequately research the areas they looked at and did not plan well financially. In the end, I really don’t care where Gina’s parents retire to...that’s a Gina problem.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Now I've seen it all, a shrieking pig riding bitch on the back of a Hog.

Ginas parents seem like good people and very supportive of their daughter.

Yeah like she didn’t want to go on that motorcycle.  She had the whole outfit ready for weeks.  Bet Tammy Sue was jealous.  She looks the biker type.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I went to the QVC website.  I think I'd try the burgers if I could buy less than 12.  That's a lot of burgers for a single person, especially if it turns out I don't like them.  But, 12 veggie burgers for $58, isn't too bad.

When Gina's father said he only had 3 years left and then said something like he was coming to the end of the road (don't remember what he actually said), I thought the poor man was dying.

4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

And I’m sure that the QVC folks are used to first-timers being a little awkward and unpolished. I’m sure they’ll continue to coach her if she’s on again.

4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Of course, if the food isn't great, then maybe that would be a bad idea - maybe they don't want people to try it.

3 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

33 minutes ago, SCS said:

If the line is successful, maybe she'll move into select stores (lots of the beauty lines are available both on the shopping channels and in stores -- IT Cosmetics and Philosophy come to mind). I would love to sample her products first, too -- it looked good.

I think it comes down to cost & profit. If you were able to buy 2 burgers for let's say $8 would you also be willing to pay $8 just for shipping? Shipping food product especially items that require it to be cool cost more to ship. It is also cheaper packaging if the minimum qty to buy is one set number - all the boxes are the same size. As the seller, you'd be spending lots more money on packaging if customers could buy 2 or 4 or 6

I do think Shannon's appeal - is her awkwardness - she is relatable to their core customer.

I agree with scs - QVC can offer a select number of her dishes with one supermarket chain - offering individual packages/meals - just to see the public response. I'd start off in a west coast chain like Vons? This way QVC can bulk ship to the Von's warehouse where they in turn would ship it to all their stores,

• Love 7

I guess this is now the Gina show.  Everything is about her, and don’t blame Long Island.  She doesn’t want criticism and doesn’t want advice, so nobody should talk to her.  If anybody says something she doesn’t like, she comes back at them like a spoiled child and runs away.  Get the damn divorce and shut up already.  You’re getting boring.  And that dramatic talking.  Is she auditioning for a part?

Producers must be running out of ideas.  Lots of kids on lately.  

The only ones I’m interested in is Shannon, Emily, Kelly and Eddie.

Im surprised Shannon wore that outfit on QVC.  Jacket too tight, a darker color would have been better.  She has nicer clothes than that.  I hope they keep her.

BTW, all these comments are hilarious.  Can’t stop laughing, especially about the biker chick.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Alilou said:

I’m thinking Gina can’t go back to NY because of her kids. Would she need permission from her ex to move the kids?

Exactly. If they have joint legal and physical custody - Gina will NOT be able to move to LI - she wouldn't be allowed to move out of state with the kids.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think it comes down to cost & profit. If you were able to buy 2 burgers for let's say $8 would you also be willing to pay $8 just for shipping? Shipping food product especially items that require it to be cool cost more to ship. It is also cheaper packaging if the minimum qty to buy is one set number - all the boxes are the same size. As the seller, you'd be spending lots more money on packaging if customers could buy 2 or 4 or 6

I do think Shannon's appeal - is her awkwardness - she is relatable to their core customer.

I agree with scs - QVC can offer a select number of her dishes with one supermarket chain - offering individual packages/meals - just to see the public response. I'd start off in a west coast chain like Vons? This way QVC can bulk ship to the Von's warehouse where they in turn would ship it to all their stores,

Or Gelson's since they sell some higher end fancy schmancy stuff.  I would't take to to Whole Foods though.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

They get to the biker bar and Vicki starts yammering about the dinner party at 100 words per minute. I bet Steve wishes she lost her voice as well. Lol

I was just wondering what the hell Steve sees in her.  Then I remembered .. BJ’s, constantly.  Like she told Tamra.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh Gina, if you want a friend look outside of this group of house ho’s

I want that drink Gina’s mom has. It looks good. 

Gina doesn’t need a friend, she needs a good shrink.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

HA!  My husband was rubbing my feet while this shit show was on and had heard Gina bitching to her parents about the hardest thing she has ever gone through and then Gina was telling Vicki how easy the divorce is.  He too was yelling at the tv.  Is it easy or is it hard???  Gina here is a bit of advice.  When a buncha women who have been through divorce, one of them 2 divorces, want to give you advice, maybe listen rather than act like yours will be easy peasy.  Surely there is something more going on when you don't even know where the fuck your best friend lives.

Yep, and why was she blubbering on about not being able to see her ex in laws, and ex niece and nephew? (I think it was). If she and Matt are truly BFFs, why would her in laws and niece and nephew not continue to be a part of her life? They are still her kids' grandparents and cousins. My bro and sis in law have been separated since 1990. They spend holidays together (with my brother at her family functions since my parents have passed and my bro and I live in different parts of the country). We have always considered my sister in law to be part of our family, and always will. So Gina crying that she was not going to see her in laws when she professes to be Matt's BFF was just odd. 

Regarding her parents, I would bet dollars to donuts that if Gina's parents move to Cali, they will move in with Gina. That way she doesn't have to drive a block like Emily to dump her kids on the grandparents, they are already there 24/7. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I should find my post for RHoDallas, copy and paste and substitute Leanne for Vicki.  Vicki is vile and there's nothing redeeming about her. 

Nooooo - you can't compare AWFUL Vicki to LeAnne!!!  LeAnne is the best and Vicki is the worst.

2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

It sounds kind of like they did - they are planning to move there to help Gina with the kids, and from the conversation, I think she is just telling them about the divorce.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Your husband is so right - she is crying about it one minute and gloating about it the next! 

I also do not understand why you would do that to young kids.  This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think that unless there are good reasons to divorce, it is fucked up to put your kids through that.  I have small kids and I could not imagine doing that to them.  I absolutely understand when you have a terrible marriage, and divorce is the only option, it is a necessary evil.  

I just have to point out that Gina is really annoying, and for some reason when she was wearing that dumb hat during the last episode, that sealed my annoyance of her.  The way she tilted her chin forward, she looked like she had no neck, it was off-putting.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I was just thinking - I seriously don't know how much longer I can tune in... totally watching out of habit. If Shannon had left I'd be out. Thank goodness Below Deck starts this week. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Sigh.

I say the same thing every week.  Does Andy not see this?  The show, Vickie, Tamra have had it.  Now Gina, poopie diapers and kids.  It’s time .. there’s nothing else to go on.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yep, and why was she blubbering on about not being able to see her ex in laws, and ex niece and nephew? (I think it was). If she and Matt are truly BFFs, why would her in laws and niece and nephew not continue to be a part of her life? They are still her kids' grandparents and cousins. My bro and sis in law have been separated since 1990. They spend holidays together (with my brother at her family functions since my parents have passed and my bro and I live in different parts of the country). We have always considered my sister in law to be part of our family, and always will. So Gina crying that she was not going to see her in laws when she professes to be Matt's BFF was just odd. 

Regarding her parents, I would bet dollars to donuts that if Gina's parents move to Cali, they will move in with Gina. That way she doesn't have to drive a block like Emily to dump her kids on the grandparents, they are already there 24/7. 

I think Gina is lying about a lot of things and believing what she is saying.  Like I said before, she should not be telling the girls about her problems .. she should be telling a professional.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Wait until your ex starts to date, Gina....while you are still sitting at home with your bratty kids being so happy with your “amicable” split..that’s when it ends, sister. I don’t have bratty kids, but after a 16 year relationship and a property dispute which I’ve been kind enough to let my ex ride out until he’s able to buy me out...finding out there is another woman in the picture is going to end all that!!! Claws.OUT!  I hope she gets a decent lawyer! 

ETA: previews of Vicky and whatever is around her head in her convo with Tamra..she is the gift that keeps on giving! WTF!!! 

i think that's from the plastic surgery she had

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I forgot I wasn’t supposed to watch this and saw some of it. Oinky riding like a sack of shit, and that dumbass from NY yammering about her conscious uncoupling.

lady, ALL divorces have some degree of animosity.  You can be civil, but still pissed. Stop trying to pretend you’re Gyneth Paltrow or that annoying woman who was married to that annoying guy who used to  be a stripper in Tampa.

oh yeah, caught Mrs potato mouth and her shitty kid.  So compelling, kids with shit smeared on them.  Honey, matte lipstick just isn’t your thing.  But damn she could make a living as a lady wrestler.  That is one powerful looking woman 

Mrs. Potato mouth!  Hahaha!  That's it, exactly, Mu Shu!  I'll never be able to look at Emily again without thinking "There's Mrs PM".

• Love 5
20 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

OMG I can't STAND Tamra... what an unsupportive "friend" Honestly... Shannon's self deprecation is what I love about her... makes her seem more real. And whatever about "not having to depend on David's money"... if Simon had the kind of money David had, Tamra would still be single living on those benjamins... just saying...

To me, Shannon is a classy and nice woman .. Tamra looks like she belongs on a stripper pole.  Sorry, but that’s my opinion.

• Love 13