Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: 8 ½ Minutes Of Success

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

I was just thinking - I seriously don't know how much longer I can tune in... totally watching out of habit. If Shannon had left I'd be out. Thank goodness Below Deck starts this week. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Sigh.

I agree.   The OC sucks but I do like Shannon.

I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Lee again too.

• Love 17

Kelly has a bachelor pad? I guess if she’s having random hook ups and using Tinder that’s a good idea because it will hide what she’s doing to some extent from Jolie. I just think a man might have a hard time being comfortable there for a lengthy time because of all the white and palm frond wallpaper. Ha, maybe that's the point...to get them going. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

They hung up on Vicki and then Kelly. I hope Shannon didn’t lose a lot of orders because of pranking. Does anyone know if she did sell out? 

I think she did sell out.

Somebody needed to tell QVC that calls were getting hung up on.  That's lost sales.

• Love 8

What I don't understand is why Kelly gave Vicki's name, not to mention a very bad impersonation of her. It wasn't even the same operator who answered when Kelly called and did that piss poor imitation of Vick. And Vick, those operators don't have time to listen to you blabber about your so called friendship with Shannon. Dumb asses!!

Below Deck, yay!!!!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

What dishes did Shannon offer besides the salmon dish? I’m allergic to it although it did look tasty and the asparagus didn’t look too limp. 

Looks like on the QVC site she has (3) fish options: Salmon, shrimp, flounder. Pork tenderloin, Veggie burgers and Lobster cakes. Pricey, but they do look yummy!

• Love 6
Just now, mbaywife123 said:

Looks like on the QVC site she has (3) fish options: Salmon, shrimp, flounder. Pork tenderloin, Veggie burgers and Lobster cakes. Pricey, but they do look yummy!

Thanks. I’ll have to go to the QVC site and take one for the team. It will have to be the pork tenderloin or veggie burger because I’m allergic to all the rest. It’s no fun living next to the sea and being allergic to all the fresh food in my area. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Does anyone think Bravo knows how bad the OC is?

I'm sure Andy has noticed that their ratings are down this season.  

Poor Jolie.  Whether it was her mother or the cameras, she looked pissed about something at her acting class.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

damn you gina...DAMN YOU GINA!! You made me have to watch a scene where Vicki was the one making sense!  Damn, you Gina!!

Seriously girl, you are going through a super easy divorce, huh? You AREN'T ABOUT MONEY, huh?  You wish other women could learn lessons from you BEFORE you go through divorce about how to go through a divorce, huh?

But wait....you didn't realize you will lose your health insurance once you are divorced???  Seriously???

You seem sooooo clueless.  You aren't about money as long as divorce doesn't effect your access to money.  

I can't imagine that level of stupidity.  You made Vicki seem like a reasonable person.  Arggggggg.

This! I could NOT believe that Gina did not know she would lose her health insurance in the divorce. She is in for a rude awakening. She obviously has zero idea how a divorce will impact her financially. 

And then her parents act like they will relocate to CA when the dad retires in two years. Do they realize how expensive it is to live in CA?! Yikes. I would not be moving there for retirement. $$$$

• Love 18

I forgot I wasn’t supposed to watch this and saw some of it. Oinky riding like a sack of shit, and that dumbass from NY yammering about her conscious uncoupling.

lady, ALL divorces have some degree of animosity.  You can be civil, but still pissed. Stop trying to pretend you’re Gyneth Paltrow or that annoying woman who was married to that annoying guy who used to  be a stripper in Tampa.

oh yeah, caught Mrs potato mouth and her shitty kid.  So compelling, kids with shit smeared on them.  Honey, matte lipstick just isn’t your thing.  But damn she could make a living as a lady wrestler.  That is one powerful looking woman 

• Love 14

Wait until your ex starts to date, Gina....while you are still sitting at home with your bratty kids being so happy with your “amicable” split..that’s when it ends, sister. I don’t have bratty kids, but after a 16 year relationship and a property dispute which I’ve been kind enough to let my ex ride out until he’s able to buy me out...finding out there is another woman in the picture is going to end all that!!! Claws.OUT!  I hope she gets a decent lawyer! 

ETA: previews of Vicky and whatever is around her head in her convo with Tamra..she is the gift that keeps on giving! WTF!!! 

Edited by JD5166
  • Love 14

I went to the QVC website.  I think I'd try the burgers if I could buy less than 12.  That's a lot of burgers for a single person, especially if it turns out I don't like them.  But, 12 veggie burgers for $58, isn't too bad.

When Gina's father said he only had 3 years left and then said something like he was coming to the end of the road (don't remember what he actually said), I thought the poor man was dying.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Vicki could at least take Gina a casserole.

The editing monkeys showing Trabuco Canyon alive with the sound of Vicki's shrieking had me in stitches.

How nice of Tamra to leave Eddie at home the day after a cardiac procedure - - and after she bitches and cries about how Shannon doesn't care about Eddie's health.

Hopefully Eddie is realizing that Tamra's first and most important love in her life isn't him it's that Bravo paycheck. 

• Love 13

Vicki saying that Bri moved away from the OC because of the divorce rate was classic Vicki in denial.

Bri moved away to put miles between her and mommy/gammy.

Does Vicki still not know where Michael lives? Smart boy!

2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Hopefully Eddie is realizing that Tamra's first and most important love in her life isn't him it's that Bravo paycheck. 

Me yelling at my tv to Tamra "Did you go to QVC???"

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I liked this episode, we got a small dose of my man Archie and some behind-the-scenes as QVC, which I admit I watch a lot.  I get great deals on my skincare stuff there.

Sophie is growing up so pretty, she reminds me of that smiley blonde model from the 80s (Cheryl Tiegs I think? The one who is not Christie Brinkley)

The salmon looked good, better than earlier this season when she was testing it.

I think Jolie is my spirit animal.  When I was 13 I was also a snarky theater geek wearing my high-top Converses with Everything!

Oh an P.S: why is boring Gina and her boring storyline getting so much screen time?  Is she related to someone at Bravo?

• Love 13

Gina's divorce proceedings could go pretty smoothly and I hope for her and her children's sake it does. But I think she underestimates how difficult it will be after that. She won't always be "best friends" with him. His new love interest will take that spot. It may not be so easy if the kids ever get a stepmom either. If he goes on to have more children with someone else, that could also complicate things for her. I just see where the ladies come from with trying to stay together at least until the kids are older if they are still attracted to each other & get along. The women have seemed to attack her over it and no one would respond well to that. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Gina really is bad at this whole reality TV show concept. She had lunch with her parents, where she told them that she has a friend named Tamra who has introduced her to some of her friends, who were not supportive of her decision to divorce. No Gina, they are not Tamra's friends. They are your co-workers. Which is why there were cameras filming you and your parents having lunch.  I am sure your parents know this, as we viewers certainly do. The stupidity burns. 

I now remember why I didn't like Emily in the first couple of episodes. I have no patience for a woman who has three healthy children, plus two step children, and is fixated on having yet another child. Not to mention the fact that her sister graciously acted as a surrogate for the three children she does have during two pregnancies. There is no guarantee that if she were to have another daughter, her two daughters would be close. None. Be grateful for what you already have. Her mother in law was an idiot for not pointing all that out. Maybe this is just a story line for Emily, but it is one I have no patience for. Even less that I have patience for Gina's Disney Divorce. 

I loved Shannon's stint on QVC. And as others have said, Tamra was an absolute bitch. Shannon was right to talk about what led her to create her food line. Most people like other people that they can relate to. Not phonies like Tamra. Good on you for being true to yourself, Shannon. I loved the line that she lost her marriage and gained herself. (Paraphrasing, can't remember the exact line). Also loved that her daughter was tearing up at Shannon's success. 

LOL @ Disney Divorce!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Pickles said:

This! I could NOT believe that Gina did not know she would lose her health insurance in the divorce. She is in for a rude awakening. She obviously has zero idea how a divorce will impact her financially. 

And then her parents act like they will relocate to CA when the dad retires in two years. Do they realize how expensive it is to live in CA?! Yikes. I would not be moving there for retirement. $$$$

It's possible to be retired in California without being wealthy. They probably have money too, they'll be fine.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Shannon.  Grabbing her belly on QVV.  That was the best! And if I didn't know her from Brett Shannon, I would have loved her and bought the salmon with flowing cream cheese.

And I don't like salmon.

She needs a better friend than Overly Critical Non Supportive Tami Sue.  You are not the QVC target audience. You know nothing.

Totally agree! That’s why I like Shannon. Oh, and Tamra is a total bitch.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, bosawks said:

I think we can all agree that Hell is now to be considered a never ending motorcycle ride with Vicki.

My personal Hell would be a one block motorcycle ride with Vicky.

I wonder how much Vicky is paying Steve to listen to her.  Whatever it is, it isn't enough.

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Why were they snarking on the blue jacket that Kelly gave (loaned?) Shannon? I’m sure if QVC thought it would look. Bad on camera that they would have said something to Shannon. 

You must not watch QVC, because if you saw some of the "outfits" they let their hosts wear on air, you'd be shocked!   ;-)

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

When Gina's father said he only had 3 years left and then said something like he was coming to the end of the road (don't remember what he actually said), I thought the poor man was dying.

i did too! I momentarily thought he was being awfully glib about dying, and was relived that he was only retiring. Still think it is weird that he drank plain tonic water though..

6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Gina really is bad at this whole reality TV show concept. She had lunch with her parents, where she told them that she has a friend named Tamra who has introduced her to some of her friends, who were not supportive of her decision to divorce. No Gina, they are not Tamra's friends. They are your co-workers. Which is why there were cameras filming you and your parents having lunch.  I am sure your parents know this, as we viewers certainly do. The stupidity burns. 

Ugh, that was super painful to watch. I know the cast is not supposed to break the fourth wall, but even the most gullible viewers know these women are on a tv show that has casting requirements.  Someone should have coached her better for this.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm, sure Eddie is just fine with that since he has no real income of his own. 

10 hours ago, bagger said:

That’s going to Be the most dramatic and noisiest (vicki hollering) motorcycle ride in the history of all motorcycle rides.

You nailed it!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I wonder how much Vicky is paying Steve to listen to her.  Whatever it is, it isn't enough.

LOL I'm sure she'll keep him on board with more bonuses (like the bike I'm sure she paid for)  Steve has the dead-eyed look of a person who shows up day after day to a job he hates.  I would feel sorry for Vicki if she wasn't such a horrible waste of space.  Even QVC must hate her because they keep hanging up on her ;-)

By the way I'm pretty sure now that Shannon still hates Vicki but puts on a face to keep her job.  She (Shannon) was on WWHL last night (looking fabulous btw) with that Flipping Out guy that she's good friends with.  He threw all kinds of shade Vicki's way which I'm sure Shannon knew he would do because they seemed very close.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Vicki saying that Bri moved away from the OC because of the divorce rate was classic Vicki in denial.

Bri moved away to put miles between her and mommy/gammy.

I think you may be on to something.

I bet there is a strong correlation between proximity to Vicki and divorce rates.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Pickles said:

Her parents are as phony as Gina is.

I seriously liked Peggy more than Gina and that's saying something.  Peggy was just a flat out idiot and it was fun watching Kelly deal with Peggy.  Gina is just phony.   Almost no one believes this is a divorce you wanted and that you are so amicable.  

And I feel terrible for saying this, but Gina's mom has a serious case of rat face.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

Shannon.  Grabbing her belly on QVV.  That was the best! And if I didn't know her from Brett Shannon, I would have loved her and bought the salmon with flowing cream cheese.

And I don't like salmon.

She needs a better friend than Overly Critical Non Supportive Tami Sue.  You are not the QVC target audience. You know nothing.

I totally agree.  Her self deprecation is what has always made me love Shannon.  Grabbing the belly on QVC was endearing and relatable.

Vicky on the motorcycle ride.  That was totally me on the first and only ride I've ever been on!  I was terrified.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I now remember why I didn't like Emily in the first couple of episodes. I have no patience for a woman who has three healthy children, plus two step children, and is fixated on having yet another child. Not to mention the fact that her sister graciously acted as a surrogate for the three children she does have, with two pregnancies. There is no guarantee that if she were to have another daughter, her two daughters would be close. None. Be grateful for what you already have. Her mother in law was an idiot for not pointing all that out. Maybe this is just a story line for Emily, but it is one I have no patience for. Even less than I have patience for Gina's Disney Divorce. 

I feel like Emily's desire for the new kid and using her embryos is just another Bravo plotline.  My God the embryo thing, older castmate fertility issue happens every season, every franchise pretty much!   Remember LuAnn considering having a kid with Jacques?  I didn't believe that one for a second either.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Vicki was screaming so much I thought good...she’d lose her voice for a few days. 

I did notice that she got herself (or Steve got her) a Harley shirt so that she’d look the part. 

STEVE should have taken the opportunity to flip her off the bike and done us all a solid.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, bagger said:

STEVE should have taken the opportunity to flip her off the bike and done us all a solid.

She's full of so many synthetic substances she'd probably just bounce right back onto the bike....

• Love 24
13 hours ago, bagger said:

That’s going to Be the most dramatic and noisiest (vicki hollering) motorcycle ride in the history of all motorcycle rides.

13 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Did she buy that for Steve? :0

13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

And annoying! 

13 hours ago, bosawks said:

I think we can all agree that Hell is now to be considered a never ending motorcycle ride with Vicki.

13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Vicki was screaming so much I thought good...she’d lose her voice for a few days. 

I did notice that she got herself (or Steve got her) a Harley shirt so that she’d look the part. 

The day of Vicki's birthday before Steve took her to NOT Andalais - he took her to the Harley Davidson Store - she said thank you at one point - what did he buy her as a birthday gift, that shirt? If so, that's a crappy gift for Vicki since it isn't her "thing"

Am I the only one who suspects that Steve bought her a Motorcycle Henley and Vicki bought Steve a Motorcycle?

All through the ride we hear Vicki scream noooooooooooo so I had to picture this

giphy.gif

• Love 16